Thought Industries is driving the future of online learning through modern, engaging , and interactive online learning experiences. We provide everything you need to create, distribute, and manage your enterprise learning initiative — from course and content authoring to commerce, licensing, reporting, and more.
The Thought Industries Platform makes it easy to handle complex learning operations at scale.
• Native Course and Content Authoring: Create interactive and varied learning experiences with ease
• Panorama Client & Cohort Management: Build and distribute branded microsites and client portals
• Gamification: Incentivize learners with awards, badges, certifications, and leaderboards
• Social Learning: Boost learner engagement through peer collaboration, discussion boards, social sharing, galleries, learner notifications, and more
• Blended Learning: Scale your training initiative by combining in-person, virtual, and online courses from within your online learning site
• Integrated: Connect with your current tech stack via our integrations suite (Salesforce, Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Stripe, Adobe Connect, Zapier, Segment, Zendesk, and more!)
• Performance Reporting: Gain operational insight into how your learning site is performing with our advanced reporting capabilities
• Curated Learning Paths: Offer sequential learning or training to lead learners through a milestone-based experience
• Monetize Learning: Sell your content and courses to open up additional revenue streams via your learning site
• Connected to LMSs: Distribute your courses and content to third-party sites leveraging our API, SCORM Connect, or xAPI
We are utilizing the platform to deliver eClasses as well as a digital version of our printed products. The two business models use different access methods and TI is always willing to work with us to find solutions, and/or scope our needs. They are very responsive to support inquiries, and are always eager to help us solve our business issues. They are a great partner and great to work with!
I appreciate TI's willingness to work with us to scope on our needs to accommodate our two very different business models. I also like that the platform has a lot of very robust functionality, yet still very easy to use.
The reporting leaves something to be desired. Although there is a lot of data available, the dashboards are not intuitive, and using a date range doesn't change some of the data. Like number of users is always the same, no matter what the data range is. There is also a lot of usable data that is not surfaced in any of the available reports. Reporting can tend to be a manual and tedious process. Also, there needs to be more granularity with the role permissions, or the ability to toggle functionality on and off for certain roles. I hope is that they invest development in a better content management system. My only other gripe is that you can't delete learners (only disable them).
Thank you so much for your review! We're excited to hear your positive feedback. We are improving our reporting capabilities and look forward to hearing your feelings towards those changes.
From day 1, I've been incredibly impressed with TI, their platform, and their customer support. There was a bit of a learning curve to navigate through the admin side and understand all of the functionality, but how else would you engrain in the trenches of such a robust eLearning hosted experience. And their Voice of the Customer process for submitting real-time feedback and product improvements is awesome! Their customer support is unmatched and always ready to dive in and find solutions to my errors or admin requests.
The TI Platform has such a myriad of page types and lesson functionality that we keep our learners entertained and progressing while tackling the tough concepts of accounting and finance.
The reporting functionality is improving, which I like. At first, I was generating custom reports as requested by clients, and it seemed like the most basic of information regarding learner progress was overlooked. Clients wanted to know percentage completion by learner within each course, rather than the basic reporting fields of "Started" and "Completed" which were so black and white. I believe the dev team is working on making this reporting more mainstream and I'm encouraged by that.
Thank you for the positive review! It is great to hear that things are going well with both the platform and our team. We appreciate you providing this feedback.
We have been extremely satisfied with Thought Industries! We reviewed and demoed over 20 "LMS" vendors during our evaluation process, but after seeing the features and benefits Thought Industries offers, the choice was clear. The platform provides everything we need to quickly and easily build high-quality learning sites and online courses but also has the flexibility and scalability we need to be able to fully brand and customize the learning experiences for our 150+ customers.
We aren't easy clients and Thought Industries has worked with us on every issue, question, or suggestion. The customer service has been phenomenal!
Creating sites, pages, and courses is simple thanks to the user-friendly drag and drop interface, but it's also powerful enough to handle unique customizations. We're able to easily scale as well as provide customers with the targeted content they need.
The learner experience is clean, modern looking, and mobile-friendly, which was important for us as most of our learners are on the go. In addition, Thought Industries updated their platform to accommodate our ADA accessibility requirements.
Another big advantage is we no longer need to work with disconnected technologies to build, distribute, and track our courses and customers -- everything is done right within the platform! One-stop shopping!
Fun Comment: One of our staff loves TI so much, she will often say, 'I want to have their digital baby'. Sounds strange, but we feel that strongly about our partnership and collaboration with TI.
We've been very happy working with Thought Industries! We would have loved to experience a trial version, but they walked us through a very detailed demo and put our use cases into action for us!
Our customers are able to navigate throughout their portal effortlessly, thanks to the ease of customization of the UI. Personally, I enjoy the administration accessibility and implicitness.
I am attracted to the modern, sleek design of the platform, as well as the ease of integration.
I do not enjoy the limitations on logging in as other users for discovery / troubleshooting purposes. The home/manager portal buttons atop the page are confusing and change based on where you are on the site, this is confusing to most of my internal users.
Thank you so much for your review!
Our team is currently fixing button consistency across the platform as part of our initiative to ensure a consistent experience across Manager pages. As far as trouble-shooting goes, your CSM will be in touch to get more information and see how we can best support you!
We appreciate the positive review! We rely on your valuable feedback to continually improve our platform.
We run multiple learning businesses here at Penton across a variety of industries such as agriculture, technology, waste management, and the IoT. When we decided we needed to upgrade our online learning technology to something more modern and engaging for our users, we wanted to make sure the new system could handle the scale, customizations, and had the flexibility we were looking for. After quite the evaluation process, we ultimately landed on Thought Industries and we've been very happy with the selection. The platform and the team are great to work with, and really provide us with everything we need to be successful with our continuing / professional education offerings.
The robust feature sets and flexibility. Every month new features get rolled out we can take advantage of, and we're able to utilize the platform in a variety of ways which are unique to each individual learning business. The eCommerce functionality and monetization options are also helpful as we offer up our courses in a variety of ways across all of our sites (some are free to enroll, others require payment). Overall, the platform is solid and enables us to build and launch new learning sites quickly, and the in-course learning experiences have been a significant improvement for our users.
There are cheaper alternatives out there, but you get what you pay for in my experience. With Thought Industries, we view them as a business partner who is committed to our success, and it has been 100% worth the investment.
Contact Thought Industries for pricing information
• Thought Industries is a cloud-based, end-to-end learning platform from which businesses build, manage, deliver, and distribute online training and learning initiatives.
• Get visibility into the data that matters most. Track everything from web traffic to client learning progress to financial performance. Gain a competitive advantage by drawing actionable insights from course interaction data.
• Streamline content creation though advanced native authoring tools and make modern, interactive online courses. Scale and distribute those learning programs across your client base with Panorama.
• Provide real-time updates on content and deliver instant notifications to groups or individuals based on user activities and interests.
• Native eCommerce suite to maximize the revenue potential of your learning initiative. Our monetization suite fits your enterprise business model, whether it be subscription, a la carte, pay-as-you-go, bulk purchase, or a combination of each.
Below are some frequently asked questions for Thought Industries.
Thought Industries offers the following pricing plans:
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Available
Contact Thought Industries for pricing information
Thought Industries offers the following features:
Thought Industries has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Small Business
Thought Industries supports the following languages:
Thought Industries has the following pricing plans:
We do not have any information about what devices Thought Industries supports
Thought Industries integrates with the following applications:
Cisco WebEx, GoToWebinar, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Twitter, Zoom
Thought Industries offers the following support options:
Knowledge Base, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials