ReferralCandy

get more sales through word of mouth referrals

4.5 /5 (163 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
Jonathan K.
Industry: Internet

Referral Candy Is Great!

Reviewed on 2019-07-24

All of our customers have the potential to become brand advocates and earn nice commissions in the process. Big fan of that.

Pros

It's pretty easy to set up, and customers automatically become affiliates/partners once it is set up, so that's great.

Cons

There was an issue with the set up because of the way our cart worked, but Referral Candy helped us get it resolved. I also initially had some challenges finding everything in the admin login, but once I got to the right place once, it was easy to find what I was looking for again.

Amanda P.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Customer Support is Great

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-04-22

Pros

Being completely new to this type of software and having some difficulty setting it up, I was relieved to be able to have a virtual meeting with a real live person to hash out any roadblocks. Customer support was great!

Cons

I wish there was a direct integration with Moonclerk so that a coupon could be automatically applied to a checkout form via the ReferralCandy link. Additionally, it is disappointing that the advocates cannot have a credit automatically applied to their Moonclerk account, and that we have to manually send their rewards. Overall it provides less automation that I expected, and leaves a lot to be desired.

Belinda L.

Overall review

Reviewed on 2020-08-15

Pros

This product is very easy to use, and integrate.

Cons

It charges commission except the cash rewards, which costs much more than other similar software.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kyle D.
Industry: Hospitality

Great product

Reviewed on 2020-11-03

Pros

Easy to use and implement and commission based so incentives are aligned and great support

Cons

Could use a few more features, hasn't changed much over the years but the core functionality remains good and on par with competition

Domenick V.

Great service and product

Reviewed on 2019-01-31

Overall this is a great product. CSR and team are also always very helpful and there when needed!

Pros

Brings in a great amount of new customers!

Cons

I do not have any cons with Referral Candy

Shraddha S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Misleading employees

Reviewed on 2020-04-22

Happy with the app, unhappy with the support

Pros

Amazing product with misleading staff. You guys can do better without outsourcing your staff to people who will just ruin your name for a review.

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave us a demo and helped up. He said that there was a fee of around $88 to access design and customization, that he wil be waiving this for us if we furnish him a review on their Shopify page. And so we did. Found out today those prices were not true.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Amin A.
Industry: Media Production

Excellent Automated Marketing Tool

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-11-08

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

Pros

Referral Candy works. We use it as a part of our Shopify store, and we’ve had success with it. About 3% of our monthly sales are generated via Referral Candy. The interface is easy to use, and the constantly make improvements, month to month. We essentially set it up, and review it once every four months — we love how little administration we need to do.

Cons

We’ve seen other referral programs offer a “stage-based” referral incentive (eg if you refer 5 or 10 people you get a special Gift). I wish Referral Candy offered this. Additionally, there are automatic “share” buttons that are easy to include for customers associated with Facebook and Twitter. I wish they had the ability for us to program sharing via WhatsApp. Finally, it appears the price has increased for ge software, which is not ideal

Max K.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2020-09-03

Happy so far! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took a lot of time to patiently explain how o can use it with my current customer base.

Pros

I wasn’t even fully set up and looks like a customer already made a Referral purchase! I’m excited to see the way more customers can easily send referral links and track the purchases.

Cons

Little tricky set up with my squarespace site. But I don’t think it could have been much easier. The Referral Candy team helped finish it up for me.

Warren G.
Industry: Warehousing

Customer Support Review

Reviewed on 2020-01-02

Just starting out but so far very happy with the tools it provides me.

Pros

Its easy to use and the UI is appealing to the eye. Customer support is fast and very helpful. Tippy specifically was much help for me.

Cons

Integration was a little confusing seeing that there are multiple different ways to integrate it, which means you may have to trouble shoot multiple different solutions if a problem arises.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Audrey L.
Industry: Medical Devices

Help with Setup

Reviewed on 2020-01-03

The set up process was easy thanks to the rep that helped me, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I was frustrated at times and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very understanding and helpful in the set up process. She also checked back in a few different times to make sure everything was still going smoothly.

Pros

Ease of use and convenience for our potential customers.

Cons

Technical process was not the most user-friendly

Jason F.
Industry: Internet

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2020-04-10

Support staff was extremely helpful in getting setup. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super quick to get back to us with any questions and help us get set up in a timely manner.

Pros

Integration is quick and easy. Using their email integration eliminates a lot of code and provides an option for unique websites and purchase processes like online events etc. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support staff were very helpful.

Cons

I wish there was an option to have tiered benefits to affiliates.

Its a cost-effective, user-friendly application that can be customized per my use.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-04-08

Its is best solution, per se, to maximize the voice of customers. I've found out that the best thing a customer loves is getting rewarded for their time, their referral.

Pros

I've tried other apps in the remote past, but sticked to this one because it can be customized and re-customized to my needs. I like clean UI and stats and it really boosted our revenue by 15-20%. Works well with shopify and each and every clean customer who recommends our site/product is rewarded. I have already recovered the ReferralCandy cost in the third month of its use.

Cons

Price may be a concern for small stores. Limitations in discount codes is a big no-no, and fraud automation instead of full automation makes other competitors suffer.

Maxine W.

Good for Ecommerce

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-07-29

Pros

Easy to implement and manage. The customer account portal allows users to manage their referrals and see their rewards, which is nice. RC's customer service is always responsive and honest.

Cons

I wish they'd add automation for flagging when it looks like a customer is "referring" themself.

Amber G.
Industry: Events Services

Thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Reviewed on 2020-09-15

It's been a good experience so far! Thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our account manager for his support for us. Here's hoping for more growth in 2021!

Pros

I love that we can easily run our affiliate program without someone having to verify every single little detail. We're a small team so having a software that helps manage it for us is a huge plus.

Cons

We ran into an issue where a bot spammed our sign up link. Luckily the team was able to get in under control in about a week.

Cris john T.
Industry: Military

My review

Reviewed on 2020-06-05

Pros

I like the referral Program and the custom rewards feature.

Cons

I would say it is the API response for the Rewards specially for the coupons because the coupon code is not included on the response. It is nice to have for reporting purposes.

Elizabeth V.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Great customer service Benzi

Reviewed on 2020-08-12

Awesome customer service

Pros

It was easy to set up and my clients love it!

Cons

It was confusing if it would work without my clients needing to use a payment

Amy B.

Thanks for your help!

Reviewed on 2019-10-28

Pros

Thanks so much for help in answering my emails.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Jono J.
Industry: Food & Beverages

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] @ Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020-06-05

My customer service experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great. He got the integration with Squarespace working flawlessly and did it in a timely manner, he also made it easy to understand what I needed to do on my end. Great work, and thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

Getting access to a reputable referral program that works with SS

Cons

Integration for Squarespace isn't explained as easily as it could be, or easily found ...

Steph K.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-03-04

n/a

Pros

Great customer service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Thanks for your help solving my challenge!

Cons

What I like least is the fact that this review software requires me to fill out every field when I have nothign to say in this field!

Elizabeth T.

Excellent customer support

Reviewed on 2020-07-29

We're just getting started with Referral Candy but so far it is exactly what we were looking for! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on their customer support tea is awesome. She patiently helped me get our custom theme set up this morning and I'm psyched to launch of referral program.

Pros

Seems easy for us to set up and for our customers to use.

Cons

We only just started using it, so no cons yet.

Brad H.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2019-02-12

solid customer support.

Pros

Easy to set up and starting using to generate referrals.

Cons

Flexibility around creating custom referral programs- limitations on creating custom rewards systems for individual referrals and tiered rewards structures.

Stephanie C.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

ReferralCandy Review

Reviewed on 2020-06-10

Pros

refers lots of customers. simple to use.

Cons

how payouts are every month. How we can't customize a code on a one-off basis. How we can't track codes prevent some people from getting the codes/automatic email. More email customization.

Petr S.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Great support

Reviewed on 2019-11-14

Pros

ReferralCandy is super easy to implement, launch and integrate with other platforms, such as Mailchimp, Google Ads, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads.

Cons

Honestly, don't know about anything by this time.

Katrina K.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Very good customer service

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-05-14

As a new user, I had many questions. I like to commend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the support agent that was very helpful and helped clarify all my questions professionally and very promptly. This gives me confidence that I made a good choice with Referral Candy. Keep up the great service 👍

Pros

The ease of setting it up with plugin for woo commerce

Cons

Lack of video tutorials to explain the features for user and their customers

Sadeq J.
Industry: Consumer Services

Customer Support is Utmost superior

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

Pros

Their Customer Support, quite helpful and friendly.

Cons

Documentation might need little improvements, apart from that all good.