ReferralCandy

get more sales through word of mouth referrals

4.6 /5 (142 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Jonathan K.
Industry: Internet

Referral Candy Is Great!

Reviewed on 7/24/2019

All of our customers have the potential to become brand advocates and earn nice commissions in the process. Big fan of that.

Pros

It's pretty easy to set up, and customers automatically become affiliates/partners once it is set up, so that's great.

Cons

There was an issue with the set up because of the way our cart worked, but Referral Candy helped us get it resolved. I also initially had some challenges finding everything in the admin login, but once I got to the right place once, it was easy to find what I was looking for again.

Mauricio C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Support!

Reviewed on 3/19/2020

The Support with the guys is incredible, today I was attended by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she was very kindly! Even she call me to another side of world to explain some things

Pros

The most important feature is you can setting up all text. I´m understanding a checking the software yet.

Cons

Where are the dashboard for each advocate can see it own tracking of rewards, use of personal links, goals accomplish and statistics ?

Industry: Education Management

Easy to use, affordable & great support

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/15/2020

Pros

I was able to set up my referral campaign within 24 hours! Their ready made templates, intuitive software, easy to understand help documents and quick live support made installing and going live a seamless experience!

Cons

No integration with Zapier & no LinkedIn social sharing option

Jason O.
Industry: Investment Management

Specific review to address excellent customer service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 5/4/2020

Haven't started using it yet. But I think our loyal customers will help us spread the word about us and help grow our database.

Pros

The program is relatively easy to set up and get started.
However, don't rush make ourself know with the consequences of certain settings.

Cons

Although the software is relatively straightforward, I had many questions about reward setting and other areas of the software. Only once you get really deep into the software certain consequences become clear or start raising questions. I think the reward setting page could be more clear.
If you want I am willing to give you more detailed information and input.

I think it would help to add a calculation model feature that can be used to simulate what cost/benefit a certain reward will have. Ie. what does a reward cost and what is the benefit.
I made this in Excel now, and it was really useful.

I have had frequent contact with your customer service officer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Her help has been very friendly, fast and accurate. In my opinion she's doing a great job!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Belinda L.

Overall review

Reviewed on 8/15/2020

Pros

This product is very easy to use, and integrate.

Cons

It charges commission except the cash rewards, which costs much more than other similar software.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Amanda P.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Customer Support is Great

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 4/22/2020

Pros

Being completely new to this type of software and having some difficulty setting it up, I was relieved to be able to have a virtual meeting with a real live person to hash out any roadblocks. Customer support was great!

Cons

I wish there was a direct integration with Moonclerk so that a coupon could be automatically applied to a checkout form via the ReferralCandy link. Additionally, it is disappointing that the advocates cannot have a credit automatically applied to their Moonclerk account, and that we have to manually send their rewards. Overall it provides less automation that I expected, and leaves a lot to be desired.

Stuart V.

Excellent Customer Service.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/11/2019

The customer service to help set up was exceptional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was helpful and followed up to ensure that we achieved what we needed to.

Pros

The software itself is fairly easy to use and set up

Cons

Changing the pronoun of the reward is quite manual, and you need to edit the text on all content.

Yarra M.

Reviewed on 8/28/2020

The benefits of ReferralCandy have been an easy to understand dashboard to track and reward referrers to our website.

Pros

Ease of use is what I like most about Referral Candy.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Corinna M.
Industry: Computer Software

Amazing software, great customer support

Reviewed on 8/26/2020

A really simple to use but impressive refer a friend program.

Pros

The app itself is impressive, but the customer service is incredible! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me so much and was so patient with me. He was probably on the support chat with me for 2 hours. He explained everything, took me through the process, and found a perfect solution. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for your hard work.

Cons

Nothing bad. Just having trouble with setting up on our test site since we wanted to test it so we can launch with it.

Peter V.

Very good service

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

I had some doubt and questions about how ReferralCandy worked. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did an amazing job in testing our integration. After this test was completed successfully, the trial period was renewed so we could benefit from a full free trial.

Pros

Easy to implement and understand. Good anti-fraud policy.

Cons

Customization can be quite a hassle. And the recommendations are very money-focused, I would like to see an extension in other types of rewards (e.g. points so we can offer something different in return than just a discount).

Tina G.
Industry: Cosmetics

Using ReferralCandy as an affiliate program

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 3/31/2020

In my business model, I am trying to create a win-win situation with my wholesale clients. They get a continual reward for referring their clients to my retail site. While I'm just in the early stages of trying out the program, so far the setup has been easy. We're keeping our fingers crossed for success.

Pros

I'm just in the free trial of this software, but so far it's been an easy set up. I'm a small business owner. I'm not a developer, but have some basic HTML skills. The site is reasonably easy for someone like me to set up as an affiliate. As a pure referral program, it would be no problem. The integration with MailChimp was simple and easy too. My support person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was *extremely* helpful in clarifying things for me.

Cons

There could be better explanation on how to use the site for affiliate purposes. Also, giving the admin the ability to batch remove customers would be preferred. They can be removed individually, but for a large number it's tedious. A simple thing, it would be nice if the chat box was a separate pop-up that can be viewed when navigating elsewhere on the site. There are some 404 issues with the site, like on the Help & Support link.

Alonzo G.
Industry: Sporting Goods

helpful and easy so far

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

quick and responsive chat, unlike Refersion which has had long lag times before replies.

Pros

For [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]: "You've been great and very helpful. I actually currently have an active trial going with Refersion, but it's been terribly frustrating, very unclear and complicated on the setup so that's why I jumped to Referralcandy. Still in the initial stages of setup and yet to be determined, but it's looking good for Referralcandy so far..."

Cons

it's still a bit complicated to set up, but simpler than refersion so far and the help chat people are very quick and responsive.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Andrey K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great business solution

Reviewed on 8/25/2019

None.

Pros

We use ReferralCandy in Shopify and it really works great. Very easy to setup and use. Each of our clients receives a referral link, can recommend our products to their friends and receive bonuses.
All the functional is implemented very well.
Customer support is friendly and prompt with responses!

Cons

One currency available for payouts at the moment

Michel F.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Flexible, easy to setup, great support

Reviewed on 6/26/2019

Pros

Setup was painless, it's quite flexible in how you implement the referral system and support has been sublime. Rep was great in helping setup the program and was very responsive the whole way through. The free trial is generous and has no restrictions, so you could test all you want before deciding to pay.

Cons

While setup was easy, it did take a while to verify before we could implement.

Christophe R.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

TOP - On of the best.

Reviewed on 10/17/2019

Pros

VERY customer oriented
Easy to set-up
Professional and efficient

Cons

Sometimes companies who use it are not good at it.. bur fortunately the customer service is always efficient and fast!

Kyle B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

ReferralCandy experience

Reviewed on 9/22/2019

It's been a good experience so far, though we have not had much luck thus far getting referrals, but that is more on us and our customers, not the software. Their customer support has been very responsive by email, Representative has been especially helpful.

Pros

I like the pricing structure of a low monthly fee compared to other products coupled with a modest pay-for-performance fee. Product was very easy to setup, we were able to easily setup the Javascript on our check-out page.

Cons

For the emails that go out I'd like to be able to reference some more dynamic fields we can build into the email message such as the referrer's referral link.

Kelsey B.

Great software

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

We wanted to engage our customers and let them easily engage their friends. Referral marketing has been on our list for 2020 and with Referral Candy it's been really easy to do.

Pros

ReferralCandy was so easy and quick to set up, i think it was live on our site within a week. We've already seen great results and customers engaging. The dashboard easily displays results so i can report on it quickly, which is essential! Support is always so good, really easy with the online chat, i spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today and she resolved my issue and made some suggestions which were so helpful!

Cons

We've been using ReferralCandy for a few months now and i've not come across anything that doesn't work.

Joel H.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

ReferralCandy is a wonderful customer referral platform -- We highly recommend it

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

Pros

ReferralCandy is extremely easy to setup (just drop in some code), and soon every new customer who buys from you becomes a potential affiliate. It is also very easy to setup and customize the program parameters. We have used this at two companies now, and plan to keep using Referral Candy in the future.

Cons

There could be some better reporting options for users to be able to track their traffic and referrals.

Justin c P.

Superb CX by an AMAZING team

Reviewed on 2/7/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was unbelievably awesome during my interactions with him! It felt as if he was coaching and showing me all along the process so I have a deep understanding. Great work [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!

Pros

The ease of use and content to learn provided in every interaction with their customer service.

Cons

It would be nice to see a deeper look into your advocates verse just seeing contacts.

James G.
Industry: Retail

Great support - going above and beyond

Reviewed on 5/1/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the support team has been great for advice and help.

Pros

The ease of setup and advice on advanced featured.

Cons

No way to have multiple programs connected to one Shopify installation.

Barbara B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

ReferralCandy review

Reviewed on 8/22/2019

Actually, thus far, no orders have come in through Referral Candy so I'm excited to see how this unfolds.

Pros

That it's easy for customers to use. I recently needed a question answered and customer service executive went above and beyond to help me out. She replied quickly and her support was very much appreciated.

Cons

Integrating it with my Square Space. Took waaaayyy more work than expected.

Domenick V.

Great service and product

Reviewed on 1/31/2019

Overall this is a great product. CSR and team are also always very helpful and there when needed!

Pros

Brings in a great amount of new customers!

Cons

I do not have any cons with Referral Candy

Valerie D.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Wonderful Customer Service

Reviewed on 7/24/2020

Overall, I like the product just fine. However, what I've appreciated most from working with ReferralCandy has been the access to great customer service reps. The few times I've had to talk to a support representative, I was lucky to get [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He's been prompt, polite, and wonderful to work with. I truly have appreciated all of his assistance thus far.

Pros

The software is relatively simple and easy to use. We haven't had any issues with the integration side of it, and since launching the program, there has been trackable ROI.

Cons

The main issue we've had with the software has more likely than not been user-related with purchases not being registered. It's an unfortunate issue, but again, more user-related than the software itself.

Amin A.
Industry: Media Production

Excellent Automated Marketing Tool

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/8/2018

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

Pros

Referral Candy works. We use it as a part of our Shopify store, and we’ve had success with it. About 3% of our monthly sales are generated via Referral Candy. The interface is easy to use, and the constantly make improvements, month to month. We essentially set it up, and review it once every four months — we love how little administration we need to do.

Cons

We’ve seen other referral programs offer a “stage-based” referral incentive (eg if you refer 5 or 10 people you get a special Gift). I wish Referral Candy offered this. Additionally, there are automatic “share” buttons that are easy to include for customers associated with Facebook and Twitter. I wish they had the ability for us to program sharing via WhatsApp. Finally, it appears the price has increased for ge software, which is not ideal

Shizu O.
Industry: Retail

Customer service is great!

Reviewed on 4/10/2020

Pros

The product is easy to use and team is incredible. We love that the themes are super easy to customize and change.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super understanding that our business is going through a critical time with COVID and is super responsive.

Cons

Themes feel a bit hard to access through the portal.