ServiceM8

Andre
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The Simplicity of ServiceM8

Reviewed on 2016-08-15

As a partner with ServiceM8 we've had exciting times with assisting businesses take advantage of powerful features the application has to offer. From creating forms through to managing staff, assigning jobs and scheduling work.

The company has really gone to a great extend to make the application as user friendly as possible. This enables users to easily understand their new process when we introduce the application in their business.

The cost involved is also of benefit to the Company as it is based on the amount of jobs processed through ServiceM8. Thus if you're going through a quite period the application tailors your subscription cost to the amount of jobs processed. An extremely favorable option amongst Trades industries.

Pros

- Being able to create forms directly from the mobile devices.
- New diagram feature release also available on mobile devices.
- Being able to save communication between customers and tradesman directly on a job.
- Customized document templates.
- Being able to send a quote directly via SMS
- The ability to have all your Parts & Materials and Services available in the system to add onto a job.
- The customized html code which allows Customers to make bookings directly from your website.

Cons

- The application is not available on Android devices. This is often the main decider for Tradies as most often they opt for Android devices since it is more affordable.

Erik

Amazing service software

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

Um well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost

Pros

iOS contact integration
Qbo 2 way sync
Stripe online payments
Google? Auto fill for address!
Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars
Automated messages sent
Ability to store files to customers
Pay per job created
Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time

Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares
So many good things yet not perfect

Cons

I wish it had or could change the following:
Better customer organization And ability to tag customers.
Better check In check out feature because often I forget...
The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing
Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it.
Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect

Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name.

No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.

kristopher
kristopher

customer service is awful

Reviewed on 2023-10-09

not great

not great

Pros

not much the customer service is so unless

Cons

use commusoft the service m8 customer service will cost you money on your customer

Paul

Service M8, my hero!

Reviewed on 2017-03-18

Help me!

Service M8 is my only hope!

I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told....

Help me!

Service M8 is my only hope!

I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told. However, when it comes to Field Service Software, I am very much the quintessential damsel in distress.

I have tried Fleetmatics, Mhelpdesk, Servicebridge, FieldProMax, FSM by Corrigo, and a few others with no success, with nothing to show for it, but less hair on my head and elevated cortisol and blood pressure!

Service M8 has been a godsend for a tiny company such as mine. The software has yet to have any hiccups, and while it doesn't have every single, nit-picky, feature I would like, it does have all the features I need for pennies on the dollar compared to the others.

Something also has to be said about the support from SM8! I am more and more impressed with the level of support provided by Service M8. Whenever I get stuck on something, a simple five minute chat online at anytime of any day results in a solved issue! They have yet to fail to point me in the right direction, or flat out resolve my issue in no time at all. 24/7 click help and at the bottom of the help center screen there is a chat window that is always manned by a courteous and knowledgeable rep, ready to go, and they get you answers!

I liked the software so much, that I, being an avid Android user that has never been of fan of iOS and Apple, made the switch to iOS because Service M8 is strictly available on iOS for the mobile portion, and I have never made a better decision!

It just works! No headaches, no crazy glitches, no blood, no sweat, no tears, except tears of joy as I complete by service calls, invoice my customers, and get paid!

Obi-Wan-Kenobi should take lessons from Service M8!

If you enjoyed my review, click on this link to check them out. Service M8 gives credit for referrals, and it would help me out a bit, but don't let it influence your decision because the credits is not the reason I did the review. I did the review because Service M8 deserves a great big pat on the back, and I believe in given credit where credit is due!!!

Pros

It works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!!

Cons

iOS only, no equipment tracking.

Anita

• Customer Support Software

Great product, so clever yet so simple

Reviewed on 2016-08-10

I love this product - I tell everyone about it because it transformed my business and allowed it to expand! It is so unassuming that it quietly achieves everything you could possibly want at the fraction of the cost of its competitors ( who quite often only do some of what Sm8 can do) without big noise or complicated programming- just effortless and seamless practicality- as you may be able to tell I am a huge fan - I love a great product and Servicem8 is one of them.

Pros

Best feature is the mobile app - we can run our business from our phone on the road - the app is far better than its competitors and means we only need one device on the road - which is way better for our employees who find it tricky and impractical to juggle a phone and a tablet or laptop

Cons

Hmm..only thing I wish it could do was run projects as well that way it would could do everything in our business - progress claims, variations etc. it can do partial invoicing which we find works a treat as a progress claim but for more complicated project based work it may be too simple - but do the trial so you can find out. As this product is not targeted at project building jobs this is more of a dream request than a ' con'.

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Anita, really happy to hear to that you love ServiceM8.

Project management support isn't on any near horizon but we may improve support for it in the future.

Stuart

ServiceM8 evolutionised our filed services business processes

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

Were we a small business stuck in paper-based processes full of duplication and inefficiency. We explore so many options but found we couldn't afford most of the offerings available and found they didn't match our needs. We had considered expensive customised systems but found they too were stuck in the 19th century way of doing things. We needed a simple, cost effective cloud system to revolutionise our business. We found that in ServiceM8. We now say "How did we get by without ServiceM8?" ServiceM8 has literally revolutionised our business without upfront capital investment, and absent were the huge ongoing expenses of other comparable offerings. We had no need for extensive training because ServiceM8 is so intuitive. We are far more efficient and effective, our access to job records is immediate and available anywhere, to all staff, yet our data is safe and secure. We also make use of external contractors and ServiceM8 even ensures they are managed well. Best of all ServiceM8's pricing structure guarantees significant ROI without doubt.

Pros

Simple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!

Cons

No system can suit all customer preferences, so there are a few things we would change, but otherwise ServiceM8 is terrific and can't be faulted.

David

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

ServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades. We were using paper and phone calls for job dispatch before we started using servicem8. We understood business and new how to run efficiently so we were only prepared to choose a system that enhanced our ability and not overcomplicate matters. We chose it over several other field service software providers, and we havent looked back.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it is extreamly cost effective. It is powerful. it is easy to make it work the way that suits your individual needs. Field staff use it instinctivly with very little training generally half an hour and in some cases staff just start using it with almost no training and just the odd question now and then. Our customers are impressed with how professional a tradesman in the field can be using serviceM8 on the iphone, especially when they get emailed the invoice while we are still on site.

Cons

there is no specific parts of servicem8 that we dont like.

Sean
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use job management software. Easy to pick up on the fly and get new staff up to...

Reviewed on 2018-06-08

The ability to streamline a small business with this software ensure that small business that implement Servicem8 will see an uptick in productivity and also regain time they previously spent on managing their business using paper/older systems.

Pros

It provides small/medium size business an affordable job management solution. The software is constantly evolving and new features are being added and expanded upon. For people who are after an easy to use quoting, invoicing and job management software, it's hard to look past Servicem8.

Cons

Some of the features such as badges are a bit basic and feel like they could be fleshed out more. I've no doubt this will happen over time though.
iOS only for the phone apps leaves the android market out in the cold. Would love to see the software expand onto the android platform as well.

Rob

• Customer Support Software

With so many customers ServiceM8 ensures my company is always professional and technology...

Reviewed on 2018-01-31

Pros

When customers call me I can answer them by name. This is such a powerful tool and it builds customer loyalty through the roof, as they are just amazed that I remember them. Customers miss this personal contact that other companies fail so bad on. Taking credit card payment on your phone is a close 2nd but IOS contact hits the home run.

Cons

Can't create short cuts. I have a lot of repeat business and wish I could just click one button to create a new job that replicates everything from the old job. I could then adjust pricing and book it in for the next service. At the moment there are too many key strokes and you need to be careful not to forget anything. Please look into this as I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who would love this to happen.

Hamlet

Best CRM for Startup Companies

Reviewed on 2017-02-10

When we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice.

ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add.

The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years when you don't have that much biz coming in. You get charge only 50 cents per job, but the first 20 jobs are free! This is amazing for a startup.

The GUI is very user friendly, slick, modern, and it works.

They have an iPhone and an iPad app.

They allow for a lot of customization.

They have so many features that I suggest you simply go to their website to take a look. We're staying with this company long term and are so happy that we found them.

Pros

easy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.

Cons

for non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.

Danielle

Lots to like..but when you find issues, you will be ignored by ServiceM8

Reviewed on 2021-02-11

Overall, the software is pretty good; it covers a lot of ground and addresses a few of the pain points. There are glitches and no software is perfect but that's not really our issue. Our problem is the lack of customer service you receive when there are issues.

Last year, over the space of 6 weeks we had 92 duplicate jobs appear in our calendar. Confused the team and was a tedious pain to find & remove them all. I reported and also asked if we could have these jobs removed from our billing as we're on a legacy pay per job plan.

Their first response had a suggested solution - it didn't work, it instead created more duplicates and I was told that one of our staff must have created the duplicates....considering the staff they accused was on site with my husband working at the time, with her phone in the car, I know it wasn't her. We were told it had been passed on to the development team and they'd let us know. That was in November 2020.

Since then the only contact I've had was after I complained every 2 weeks that we'd heard nothing and more duplicates were being created. Emails go unanswered. Messages to live chat got the templated 'it's with the development team' answer and I never heard back about billing. We ended up taking the long way and solved it ourselves by deleting every recurring job & setting them all back up. Then rearranged the calendar to fit in the 92 duplicate jobs. PITA

If customer service is important to you, this is probably not the app for you.

Pros

- Integrates with Xero...limited merge fields but enough to make it work
- GPS & time tracking
- Service reminders

Cons

- Zero followup or support when reporting glitches
- Dispatch board gets very buggy and sometimes won't render correctly on desktop
- On the CRM side, you need to memorise where you can edit things without it glitching e.g. you can't change payment terms via editing a client found in global search, updating a client doesn't update the recurring job - you need to also update the template...double handling, if you try to edit/add contacts or change their role from the client page it will fail to pull these into a new job.

Amy

• Customer Support Software

Great program, easy to use and a helpful support team

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

The program is great, and relatively easy to use, when I couldn't figure out something or asked if the program is able to do a particular thing, support is always willing to help. Answers are not always within the hour or a few hours but that is understandable. I just wished that I switched from reckon to MYOB at the same time I started servicem8 as the duplicate materials and customers were a huge pain. But I have no doubt that it would have gone smoothly if it was all set up at the same time, as it is running fine now that I have sorted the duplicates and understood more about how servicem8 syncs with MYOB.

Pros

that I can work on this for almost everything (except purchase orders) then when the invoice is sent, its over to myob to receipt everything. Also the job costing charged per job is great, however some months we could have lots of small jobs which add up to be an expensive month and other months there are a lots of larger jobs so it evens out over the period.

Cons

it doesn't do purchase orders yet! also some little issues about how it syncs with myob eg, I can't receipt payment in servicem8 then send to myob and be automatically ticked off in the bank feed in myob, if i didn't have the bank feed in myob it would be fine. I have now decided to sent it to myob for all receipting of payments, and it comes back to servicem8 and is noted as paid when it does get paid anyway.

Mark

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

ServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.

Pros

The system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Mark!

Geraint
  • Industry: Utilities

Awful Customer Service and ethics

Reviewed on 2020-12-21

Expensive for the instability of the software. Their customer service is pursuant to their financial gain and not of customer satisfaction

Pros

Really intuitive and with huge potential

Cons

The customer service is awful and misled

Joblogic, Commusoft and SimplifyEm

Reasons for Choosing ServiceM8

I needed more ease of use software.

Powered Now

Reasons for Switching to ServiceM8

I took the advice of a colleague
Emile
  • Industry: Restaurants

Impeccable software

Reviewed on 2023-02-07

Pros

it's really fatanstic to use it. it saves me time. Plus it works offline. Has plenty of options that a small business needs

Cons

I deplore the fact that this software is not available on android.

Patty

Swimart Somerton Park

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

Easy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.

Pros

sms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.

Cons

not able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.

Gavin
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

You run a service business and are not using service M8?? Ask yourself why!

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

I started running my business with spreadsheets that were time consuming slow and easily corrupted. I hunted for an App to work on my iphone and found service M8. I started using it and was immediately impressed. I had previously worked for a large organisation that implemented a so called "larger and better package" that didn't work half as good as service m8.

Pros

ease of use on web page and iOS. quote, convert complete and invoice in the palm of your hand. Reporting details, custom set-up and calander interaction.

Cons

Searching within the app for current jobs. It could be the way I'm using it however when I search id like it to order in level of most recent.

Trinidad

Fantastic invoicing software.

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

This has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.

Pros

Cons

Will love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.

Robert
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Value

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

We use ServiceM8 for quoting, job management and scheduling of technicians. When jobs are closed and invoiced in ServiceM8 the invoices are then passed to Xero for processing. The iOS application is very simple to use and we have customised sign in and sign out documentation to make sure steps are not missed and SWMS is covered.

Pros

Simple to use and very cost effective.

Cons

Occasionally jobs drop out of the schedule for no apparent reason, and a lack of ordering means we have to re-type the parts into Xero for ordering. As some of our projects are large this leaves room to miss items.

Lauren

Needs More Customer Focus For Future Improvement

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

Overall it has great features but lacking one major feature for us which would cut down our admin time for invoicing and that is batch invoicing. Customer service unable to help with timelines for this upgrade or indication if it will be implemented?

Pros

Stability in remote areas where signal is poor, Servicem8 holds up and we've tried them all

Cons

Invoicing more than one job for one client during the month, no ability to combine jobs into one invoice? Feature requested in 2012 for batch/bulk invoicing and still nothing....

Joshua

• Customer Support Software

Amazing Tool for Small Business!

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

ServiceM8 is a must for project/job tracking. My business has used ServiceM8 for over 3 years, and I cannot image a day without it.

The best part, it's affordable- pay for what you need, and forget what you don't. Quickly add new features with the click of your mouse.

Excellent features, works seamlessly with Quickbooks Online!

Pros

- Compatible with Quickbooks Online
- Super Easy to Use
- Cost Effective

Cons

- Job diaries cannot be exported easily
- More customizable to other business types, like web designers, etc.

• Industry: Building Materials

Customer service is horrendous

Reviewed on 2022-01-18

If you run into a problem, you cannot count on ServiceM8 to help you. Their customer service is horrible and they don't have a phone number to contact. They have put my business on hold because of an issue with their product.

Pros

Has most features that are necessary for a trade business.

Cons

Templates for quoting and invoicing ARE NOT easy to set up for personalised ones. You cannot on charge credit card fees.

Sam

Happy customer

Reviewed on 2019-04-09

The main thing I appreciate about Service m8 is the way it allows me to stay organised with lots of jobs; past, present and future. I don't use the scheduling/staff tracking aspects, although other electricians I've put on to service m8 do & love it. It's also very well priced and the customer support is amazing

Pros

Logical layout, easy to use, customer support has always been great

Cons

Not a huge fan of the app layout, prefer using the desktop version

Ben

• Customer Support Software

I kinda like ServiceM8 a whole lot.

Reviewed on 2016-08-17

I was on another platform that felt like it was built on matchsticks. Every time there was a update something else would collapse. ServiceM8 seems to have a solid base as I use to hold my breath when an update would come up but it just got better hassle free.

Pros

Easy of use and it kinda makes sense to us Tradies. New employees seem to pick it up very easily and they like using it. Adding multiple photos is SO easy. The sync with Xero is great also.

Cons

That you can't update Clients email addresses in the job so you need to edit it and save it in the Clients profile. But i'm sure they will be updating that soon.

Vivian

Great online software program

Reviewed on 2016-08-15

After a long search for a service program we decided to try out ServiceM8. It integrates well with Xero accounting package. We have saved a huge amount of time using ServiceM8 on our mechanic's phones - rather than paper forms. OHS forms are easy to use. Scheduling is simple. We only pay for the jobs we use - so very economical.

Pros

Ease of use. Minimal training required for mechanics. Keeps great track of time spent, items used, and work done. Pictures can be saved on the jobs for future reference. Support team is very quick to reply to emails if we are ever unsure how to use something. Price is great compared with other software on the market.

Cons

Only supports Apple products. No purchasing through this program, so accurate job costing is a bit lacking.