1,648 reviews

Wrike

Manage your projects from start to finish with Wrike

4.2 /5 (1648 reviews) Write a Review!

1,648 reviews
Aminuddin B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to managing task

Reviewed on 2021-01-29

We had a great workflow in working a collaboration project with Wrike, all communication is happen in the software and we can ditch the old way of email and other messaging apps. I will recommend small and medium enterprise to jump to this software.

Pros

Creating a task and sub-task, assigning task owner and tracking task progress and completion percent of the task. Adding a new user and giving them a ownership and privileges over certain feature is easy. Sharing a resource and document also is an option with this software. Editing the configuration and dashboard layout help me to working with this software faster as i know all the location of my tools.

Cons

There are new feature introduced to the software, but there are no video tutorial attach with it. I need to study the feature my self and try it for my self. Integration to other service or software is possible, but it comes with additional fee to do it. Other than those two problem, i really like all other feature in this software.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and with very remarkable features

Reviewed on 2021-03-04

We started to use Wrike in the organization as a project management platform in some departments, with it we take care of personalized workflows as appropriate, it also covers the requirements of Sales, Marketing and operations teams, we chose Wrike over others proposals because it did not need so much programming to start using it or customize its functions and even more importantly, it integrated all the necessary tools to meet the needs that we had in the company.

Pros

There are many functions that Wrike has, but above them is the excellent organization that it has, allowing each aspect of the program to be in the right place. Its search function is very complete, allowing a large number of entries. These two features make it almost impossible not to get what you're looking for within Wrike. It has excellent integration with Apple operating systems, both with Mac and iPhone, which allows us to be connected at all times. Wrike has a very user-friendly and intuitive interface so even long working hours are done easily and without causing so much stress on staff. Of course, their workflows are incredible and allow a total customization of them without having to be experts in the handling of this type of software.

Cons

Although it is a very complete software, there are things that should be improved, such as adding a quick edit option so that you do not have to open a task to edit it. The linking of tasks is not your best option, it tends to leave some doubts and although with time the user gets used to it, it must take a long time to adapt. It also needs to polish its integration with Gmail a bit since it tends to be very slow.

Response from Wrike

Thank you for your feedback. We want to hear about both what's working with our product and what we can do better. Our goal is to have the most flexible work management solution and we would like to talk to you directly to better understand your needs and address your concerns. Please contact us directly at [email protected]

Nathan W.

• Customer Support Software

Team project management software that is continually improving

Reviewed on 2020-08-27

Overall Wrike has made us much more organized as a company. Those of us who are process-oriented and organized love Wrike as a project management tool. We're so invested in the platform at this point that I don't think we could ever switch to another software even if we wanted to!

Pros

Wrike is very flexible in how you use it. It has MANY different ways to view the same data (list view, table view, kanban board style, etc). It has great options for setting up dashboards, scheduling workloads, managing complex projects, time tracking and reporting on all of that data.

Collaboration is easy with inboxes, @tagging, multiple assignees, document proofing, detailed comments/descriptions, file attachments and more.

We've enjoyed the community feedback aspect of Wrike as well. They take feature suggestions from users and allow others to vote on their usefulness, ultimately becoming a part of the product. Our company has made multiple recommendations which have helped guide the features being developed.

Cons

There is a significant amount of learning and coaching required to get up and running properly in Wrike. You WILL need multiple sessions with a Wrike rep to understand all of the functionality and get your groundwork setup correctly to ensure success.

We run into occasional issues where Wrike is slow to respond or a feature doesn't seem to work properly on some days. Luckily these are temporary issues and are usually resolved quickly!

Sam L.

Functionally adequate but UI needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

The functionality is there for the most part and I really want to love Wrike, but the user interface is simply not as polished as some other major competitors (Monday, Asana, etc.). This hurts the user experience quite a bit.

Pros

• The ability to view my projects and tasks in several views (list, table, kanban board, Gantt, etc.)
• The easy report builder
• The ability to have projects and tasks show up in multiple locations is fantastic. This means that projects and tasks aren't confined to only "live" in the location they were created. They can be displayed in multiple locations at once allowing different contributors and stakeholders to have access to the same items simultaneously without having to duplicate them. This was a big reason why I went with Wrike. Few other competitors have this architecture.
• The ability to add stakeholders without having it count towards your purchased user licenses. Wrike is a pricy platform so this definitely brings the cost down a litte.

Cons

• UI needs a lot of improvement:
- I should, at a glance, be able to immediately tell the difference between a folder, a project, and a task in every view that is available. Currently, they just blend together and it is very difficult to see any separation between these three items (in for example the Table view). This is THE biggest point of annoyance for me with Wrike. Other competitors in this price class have very clear visual interfaces with visually distinct screen elements. Adding an icon or other visual indicator to each item type would solve this very easily.
• The fact that the folder pane doesn't show in the List view by default when clicking a folder makes it difficult to provide folder information to a team. They simply won't know that a folder contains information unless they deliberately check. This is a big miss.
• The folder/project/task panel should be easier to open and close. The fact that I have to go into a submenu to close the panel is ridiculous. This seems like a small detail but UX/UI design issues like this can really drag down the user experience.
• Also, I should be able to do bulk changes from the Table view and not just the List view. These views are different enough to where this is an issue.
• Review and approval add-on feature is an almost necessary feature for creatives but way too expensive as an add-on. Wrike is already a pricy platform. These add-on costs feel very greedy.

Andrei P.

• Customer Support Software

Why do we need to give our attention for this App?

Reviewed on 2017-03-09

Wrike is my favourite Saas decision for my work and personal life. I have two accounts - one is for personal GTD and the second is for my teams, where I do my tasks, even if in reality there are no people in these projects - just for self-registration of completed tasks.

- What are the features you like most in Wrike? 1. A flexibility of projecting regimes - you can do it under waterfall, or kanban (boards), or even scrum . 2. A flexibility of tasks views. 3. You can have a deal with numbers and a resource management inside your project management in Wrike. 4. http://club.wrike.com - a place where you can earn additional bonuses and a real money on amazon! 5. vote.wrike.com - a place where you can source the devs about new features and they usually respond! 6. wrike labs - a place where you can switch on/off the prototypical features

- What are some of your favorite Wrike updates? Custom Statutes, Custom Fields, Reports, Dashboards/Boards

- What would you add to Wrike features? Oh, there are many of them. A good normal integrated calendar, not a current one, a normal internal instant messenger, which will be a really instant - a current system of commentaries doesn't work properly with a really needed for a typical burst conversation without pressing f5, some lacks in the dashboards and widgets interface are needed to neutralized, a desktop client version is strongly needed, because chrome browser could have too many opened pages, including custom statuses feature in a professional plan is strongly needed for those who don't need the other functionality of a business version!

- Who would take advantage of using Wrike? Pms, marketers, freelancers, small agile taskforces

- How did Wrike change the way you work? I'm trying to register all my life in it from a moment

Pros

Cons

What would you add to Wrike features? A good normal integrated calendar, not a current one, a normal internal instant messenger, which will be a really instant - a current system of commentaries doesn't work properly with a really needed for a typical burst conversation without pressing f5, some lacks in the dashboards and widgets interface are needed to neutralized, a desktop client version is strongly needed, because chrome browser could have too many opened pages, including custom statuses feature in a professional plan is strongly needed for those who don't need the other functionality of a business version!

• Customer Support Software

Looks amazing, hard to use in practice, with unresponsive community support

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

We tried to solve the problem of a shared project and task management platform, but Wrike was too complicated, clunky.

Pros

Wrike provides a web-based platform that lets the whole team see the projects and tasks we have before us.

Cons

The interface is clunky. Multiple clicks are required for almost anything, and the views are not intuitive. Very difficult to get team adoption because ordinary users find it too complex.
We have also found the customer service lacking. We tried to solve a billing problem and it has taken five months. I have also seen community requests for features totally ignored, including the most obvious feature: being able to convert a task to a project. People write in about this every day but the developer team does not even reply in the community.
Finally, the ios application, while improving, is still subpar.

Gretchen

The Right Choice was Wrike

Reviewed on 2015-03-27

After using several different programs to track new products and customization projects, we have found Wrike to be a very efficient solution for our entire company. In Wrike, we are able to set up and assign tasks necessary to complete projects, we can project completion dates thanks to the gantt chart and are able to store vital information in such a way that it is easy to access in the future. Currently the e-Learning Content Department is the primary user of Wrike, but it is accessible by the management team, sales, engineering, and customer service which allows us to communicate and collaborate company wide.

Pros

Gantt chart -- This helps with projects that are complex and require various tasks or phases to be completed in order to develop a final project. We simply could not plan product releases effectively without this!
Folders -- Organization is incredibly important when managing projects for several different facets (customer-driven, sales-driven, marketing-driven, etc) and the fact that I can manipulate and move projects into different folders helps me watch a project as it travels through our "workflow" from inception to delivery.
Tasks -- Not only developing unlimited tasks and sub-tasks with deadlines, but also being able to assign them to different people within our teams has allowed us to have a central point to work from. I highly appreciate the ability to duplicate folders with their included tasks as our workflow is often repeated for similar projects.

Cons

I would like to see different statuses saved in different folders. Instead, the status is changed and it affects all folders globally. This has caused me some confusion or irritation at times.
With sub-tasks, I find myself wishing that changing a tasks' deadline would also change the subtasks' deadlines. When I push things forward or backward with the Gantt chart, I then have to go into each subtask and adjust them as well. Sometimes, it seems easier to make everything tasks so I can use the cause/effect of dependencies.
Duration can be confusing at times given that sometimes a task will take a bit of time daily over several days, but not necessarily all day. Group several tasks like that together and planning resources becomes difficult because you cannot distinguish how much ACTUAL time on a given day is needed for a particular project. I find myself planning by dates and not durations. I think if there were a way to use these independently, that would be helpful.

Paul T.

• Customer Support Software

Great but could be improved

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

We've been using Wrike for 3 years and it helps us to organize our projects. Unfortunately we need to still have side excel file to organize some tasks

Pros

Easily create task, assign them to project or collaborator, follow time used on task, follow work charge

Cons

Not designed to follow easily project costs, global project planification ( versus dev project task for example )

• Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Brought us out of the dark ages

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

Before Wrike, we were using custom software that looked and worked like it was built when the internet was first invented. But our workflow was so massive, complicated, and time-intensive, we thought it would be impossible to update seamlessly and bring all our files, past, and current projects to a new system. Wrike customer service worked with us every step of the way to help build out the new processes, through testing and multiple revisions, to get it up and running as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Pros

The ability to customize each step of the workflow is most important for us. And the fact that customer service is always available, quick and willing to help, has made all the difference.

Cons

Scheduling tasks on the calendar could be expanded. In our case, each user has their own due dates for their section of a project, but currently the only way to map all these dates on the calendar is to split each project into multiple sub-projects, which quickly turns into a cumbersome and overwhelmingly big folder. It also makes the relevant conversations and files more difficult to track down, since they might be lost in any of these subtasks.

Muhammad T.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

All i need for project management in one platform

Reviewed on 2021-02-04

Wrike is the must have tools that our organization need to help us managing our task and project in organized manner. I have a very positive experience working with this software.

Pros

Wrike offers a free trial account that I have use and test the feature and program that Wrike can offers, and now we have subscribe for this software for more than 2 years. The Wrike analysis is very helpful tools for us to have an insight for our project progress in pie chart, which I can skimming through all the information quickly.

Cons

I don't have many thing that i dislike with this software, it has help me achieving my project objective and effectively managing all the resource and the progress until its completion and deploying it.

Muhammad S.

Wrike is a right choice

Reviewed on 2018-09-23

I really like the automation features that remind you to complete the task if all of your sub tasks has been completed. It helps you not let the ball dropped.

Pros

Its a great project management tool where you can log and track all activities and action Items of your team.
You can also log your working hours along with description of what you done (Your part of project)
You can create tasks under each project and sub task under each task and share them with appropriate team.
The time line and calendar integration are life saver.
Addition feature of launching meeting right from your task or calendar are bonus.

Cons

If task or project is not shared with you, you can't access it and cannot request the owner of task to share it with you if you don't know who is task manager. While in other application you have the option to request right from the screen where it tells you its not shared with you without letting you know who is the owner of task or project that keeps the project privacy too .
Meeting quality is not as good as other meeting applications

James D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

By using applications like Wrike, our team has become more efficient

Reviewed on 2020-07-14

Wrike is essentially whatever you might want to type of it. It's completely adjustable for your organization's uses and is totally the least difficult task the board device I've at any point utilized. various pieces of it are astute and perfectly made. a genuine lift to our group that gets us out of the mud of structuring here and there. Highly suggested.

Pros

I adored that you just had various perspectives on observing your venture: my most loved was the rundown style or Gantt graph style. I likewise truly enjoyed that it matched up with our Adobe programming and permitted you to find out the status of all of the undertakings. I used to be enjoyably astonished that working with the administration wasn't troublesome. Wrike has the preeminent natural interface. Anybody can ace it.

Cons

It takes a touch while to arrange and get familiar with the entirety of the capacities. Yet, when you learn it the undertakings are anything but difficult to arrange. I likewise like that you just can copy ventures which help with sparing time in contributing the data.

Trinidad rebeca C.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for collaboration and project management

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

Wrike has been really useful for me since thanks to the features it provides it is much simpler to carry out the administration of each task or business project, also being able to collaborate much more efficiently and thus increasing business productivity.

Pros

Wrike I like because it has a very simple interface so browsing it is not complicated, it offers a nice enough workflow since it has multiple views such as lists, tables, Gantt charts and even workload and they are all set running for the same application because it is a process that is carried out in an automated way, also provides a highly organized chat so using it is very simple and easy, the best thing about this software is that it has a very fast configuration so that starting to implement it will not take much time.

Cons

It has a somewhat old-fashioned design and some of its basic functions are difficult to demonstrate, so it would be ideal for a good design to be implemented since the user will spend a large part of using his program to manage tasks.

Murali K.

• Customer Support Software

One of the best-advanced project management applications I ever used.

Reviewed on 2019-01-26

Pros

Wrike has helped in collaborating with my teams by using spreadsheets, chats, emails and even catching up with the updates of each team in real time. It is perfect for teams with more than twenty people. In just half a minute, you would get a glance at the overall status of a project. The application provides a lot of personalizations, be it in reporting or in the creation of folders. You can use any method to project, kanban, scrum or waterfall. If we need any new features or improvements, we can write them down and they would be responding very soon! If you don’t like any particular feature you can turn them off by using Wrike labs.

Cons

Wrike doesn't provide a desktop version for the client. You need to train the team members and staffs to use this application, and it takes some time to get used to this application.

Erin C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Simplify repeated processes

Reviewed on 2014-11-25

Pros

Our team members need to follow a similar process each time we engage in a new project. By creating a folder of tasks in Wrike that each team member can duplicate, rename, and use for each new project, we ensure that all team members have access to the same process for their projects.

We love the fact that we can schedule these projects based on the due date for the project or based on the start date. Either way, the folder of tasks, once duplicated, maps out the project tasks, and each team member can adjust as needed. We also needed a tool that allowed us to share all or just some of a project with designated stakeholders. Wrike provides this flexibility.

The recent development of subtasks has been helpful as well. We employ student workers for parts of some of our tasks, and we can now assign a portion of a task as a subtask for a student worker to complete. The student worker can complete their subtask without completing the parent task, ensuring that the parent task remains active in the project.

Cons

When we share or assign Wrike tasks with our collaborators who are not familiar with the tool, they find it difficult to use. Those of us who use it every day don't always anticipate the needs of our collaborators who receive an email and then try to interact with a task from a Wrike email. The emails that collaborators (as opposed to full users) receive could provide more context to these novice recipients.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Wrike make team collaboration work

Reviewed on 2019-09-13

We use Wrike to create and keep track of tasks through the requirements gathering, design, implementation and release communication stages of our work. It works well for that and keeps everyone informed.

Pros

Wrike allows for easy collaboration on projects. It handles multiple people editing a post description really well. You can see who is typing what, where their cursor is and all in real-time. Searches for existing and past posts is easy and quick. The comment history is very helpful and you have a little time to edit your comment if you accidentally posted it too quick, so you can make those last second edits before anyone sees it!

I also love being able to make sub-tasks on a post, on the fly. That is really helpful for breaking down those big projects.

Cons

There isn't much in the way of formatting comments or descriptions, just the basic bulletted list. It would be better to have more editing tools.

Effendi A.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

Manage project and increase productivity

Reviewed on 2021-01-17

With so many project that are running on the same time, with tons of project update on the background, Wrike helps me to keep all of them on tight leash.

Pros

I really like that i can collaborate on project with colleague that are off sites and in our branch office easily without having to have a sit-down meeting. The project tracker help us to notice the bottleneck of our project progress and fix it immediately.

Cons

There are no clear instruction on what each feature functionality and I had to learn myself.

Francisco V.

• Customer Support Software

Wrike makes your work life easier.

Reviewed on 2018-03-15

Have an aplicacon that streamlines teamwork, being able to keep track of the work done, tasks and who carried them out, accessible from anywhere as it is a web application.

Pros

After using somesoftwares for the management and administration of projects wrike is a new and effective bet, it is perfect to take order of your project regardless if the team is together or in different places, its flexibility allows you to work with a multifunctional team is channeled in one place, be it to program, prioritize, discuss and follow up on progress in real time, all this in one place, that's why it becomes indisplenable for complete developments with very easy use

Cons

Because it is a web application, if you present problems with the internet connection you will not be able to access the information of your project, it is a negative point since at all times the data should be available.

George G.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Start and end dates are it's best feature

Reviewed on 2019-05-16

Pros

It's the only free project management software I've used that lets you have a start and end date for a task or project. This is really important, because it lets me and my team really think about how many days a task might take and plan for them weeks and months in advance. For example, on a Wednesday I can task my team with something to start on Monday and be done by next Thursday. On other free project management tools, I'd only be allowed to set a due date for the following Thursday. Sounds small, but it really makes a huge difference in project management.

Cons

It's not *the* least intuitive, but it's among the least. Basecamp and Asana all have better, more intuitive interfaces. I've had trouble getting my team to consistently use Wrike because they find it too hard to understand.

Wrike is a suitable, strong PMS offering.

Reviewed on 2019-02-15

I've used the Free,Professional, and Business version of Wrike and I feel like the pricing option and features with all the plans are pretty fair. I've seen Wrike get adopted into a few groups in my area and there's been no critical complaints so far.

I think that Wrike probably takes a bit more time to get familiarity with than some other services, mostly due to some design choices. But once acclimated, there's a lot of features that a user can opt for at a really competitive price. And for the moment, anyone can at least try it for free, which is a plus in my books.

Pros

I really like that there's a free trial available for this PMS. It's limited to 5 people max, but I felt like that was enough to get comfortable with the product before we made any kind of purchase. It does come with some pretty standard Project Management option, such as Gantt charts and workflows.

I'm able to set up Agile, Waterfall, and other PM methodologies for our team's projects pretty well on here. I even set up scrum sprints with good results and active feedbacks through Wrike in a very quick time.

Cons

A few design features are a bit confusing or archaic. For example, the calendar doesn't really have shared functionality with other services and I haven't seen the ability to display a shared calendar with other Wrike users in my work group. It makes it a bit challenging at certain times to find features that I'm used to seeing displayed elsewhere in other services.

Daniel H.

Most robust project management software out there IMO

Reviewed on 2020-08-06

We have just tons of various digital projects from landing pages to banner ads to website edits and so on. Wrike helps us keep everything on track and assigned to the right people, as well as help with status updates such as "in review" or "approved".

Pros

Wrike has absolutely everything anyone could ever want from a project management software. It's extremely robust.

Cons

On the other side of it having a million features, this makes Wrike a bit difficult to use - there's definitely quite a learning curve.

Holly T.
  • Industry: Design

Great for flexibility

Reviewed on 2018-08-22

We have managed to be able to successfully transition our workflow from multiple google doc sheets, folder structures and time tracking systems into one system mostly, the account team are great at handling questions, concerns and checking up on your progress in the system and always on hand to help improve usage.

Pros

Our team loves the flexibility of the system, and how we can have different views for different teams. We're a creative team so we have our creative designers that prefer a visual kanban board style to see tasks, operational teams that prefer a list or table to be able to export, so supporting this has been a huge asset to our team.

Cons

There are still features that we would like around budgeting time, allocating costs and adding in roles that the system 'kind of' supports, but something more comprehensive would be a great next step for us.

Annie G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Responsive company, easy-to-use system.

Reviewed on 2018-05-30

Much more organized task management at work. Managing my assignments no longer feels like a job in and of itself.

Pros

I love the new calendar feature they added in after receiving a lot of requests for one. The user interface is simple, and once you get a feel for how the system works, it's pretty intuitive. It seems to be pretty well suited for our needs - we needed something a bit bigger/more robust than a simple task management system, but didn't need a big hulking enterprise system.
Also really love the document editor - that is a fantastic feature that was missing from other systems we tried.

Cons

Reporting is not very intuitive, and from time to time the system can be a little slow to update when updating a task description. However, it's not enough to interfere with work.

Great Task Management Software for Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 2019-01-03

Our reps have truly helped us a lot and assisted in setting up our team properly. We would suggest Wrike over other platforms any day.

Pros

We changed to Wrike about a year and a half ago and have truly appreciated its functionality and options for our team. We like the folder option to keep everything organized and in one place for all of our team to find as well as the dashboard to see all tasks due or coming due.

Cons

We aren't huge fans of how recurring tasks are set up. Wrike has been working to improve those options but we have still had issues with that function. We also don't like that we can't really prioritize outside of clicking an exclamation mark and marking "high priority." We wish there was some way to mark priority 1, 2, and 3, for example, as we go about our daily tasks.

Fabiana D.

• Customer Support Software

Great for using as an assignment task for teams.

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

Not only this software had help the organization to organize and assign tasks, it had helped us to get things done faster. With Wrike, we can track and manage the projects in a more efficient way.

Pros

The ease of creating and assigning tasks, as well as assigning them to a specific client. I like the possibility of adding comments to a task. It's also easy to manage the status change of a specific task. The most useful functionality is the ability to view the tasks in different formats as table, kanban, timeline, etc. Really great tool to get things done :)

Cons

Sometimes is a little confusing the way the tasks are organized. The first time I work with Wrike it takes me some time to fully understand the organization of 'My Work', completed task, pending task and tasks assigned by me to others in the team.