Procore

Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Ruth

• Customer Support Software

Excellent full-on project management software

Reviewed on 2016-04-06

This is a package aimed at construction professionals and provides a thorough means of managing multiple projects across multiple people and teams including architects, designers, and subcontractors. It is a significant investment not a simple free app, and needs to be approached as such. The implementation is pretty straightforward and the customer support excellent.here remain some annoying features, but the support team are responsive and it is clear that significant investment if still being made into improving the software.

Pros

Much better than the competition at managing a range of projects across the things you need in construction
- RFI,s , punch/snag list (we use this for internal "to do" items) and critically the main contract variations- this is a bit clunky but REALLY effective when you get the hang of it
- meetings recording is again a trifle clunky but very effective so I forgive it

For the first time in 15 years I have proper oversight across all projects (typically around 40-60) and can manage the progress of each from my iPad wherever I am.

Site logging app very powerful

Clients love the visibility

Document handling with version control is brilliant

Cons

The only really annoying feature is that the company level information (ie visibility across projects, personal "open items" lists and financials) is only available on the browser version not the app.

The directory and permissions systems are well intentioned but actually you have to subvert them a bit as to do anything useful people really need full admin rights (even to add a contact to a directory- if this is to be used as the main shared company contacts directory we need everyone to be able to do that). I am happy to give my people that, but I can imagine a lot of companies where you don't want all your staff to have access to budgets and financials.

It is expensive- we think it a great investment at this time, but it is nonetheless expensive. if you are looking for a cheap app this is not the one for you.

The us-centric language and set up is a minor irritation- the partial attempt at making it Anglophile (changing a few of the function names) is actually worse than useless as the changes just confuse people- the training videos refer to the US terms for things and you can get used to pretty fast, but then they are not called that on your screen.

I would love to be able to customise some of the standard PDF outputs

Drawings handling a bit clunky, particularly markups- brilliant idea and conception but difficult to use as you can't undo markups once you have done them which makes people risk averse in case they cock it up- I am confident this will improve

Joseph

Procore Value Correlates to Use

Reviewed on 2022-08-22

So far, my overall experience with Procore has been positive. I am the main Procore Company Administrator here, and I've been learning the program mostly on a live project, so that part has been stressful, but that is the nature of the beast at times. I have been learning and using Procore at a crazy speed now for approximately 6 months, and I can see that the software will have a positive impact and greatly increase not only efficiency but communications across all projects with correct and proper implementation. This implementation includes integration with other programs to complete the "tech stack" as well, such as ERP Integration (Sage/Foundation/Other Construction Accounting Software), DocuSign, etc.

Pros

Procore will allow all of the projects managed within our company to be managed in a single, universal format which will significantly increase efficiency. Procore also directly connects our office and field teams, including our subcontractors and vendors. Procore offers a lot of training to help get started, and the 24/7 chat support is helpful.

Cons

The cost is a big concern, but you don't buy a backhoe to let it sit and not dig holes. Don't spend the money on something like Procore and make its use "voluntary" within your company. Make its implementation throughout your company a critical item. Select your Company Administrators wisely and give them time to learn and properly set up the software to meet your company's needs. Develop standard operating procedures to help your team members understand how to use the software in line with your company's requirements. Procore isn't one of those things where you can just swipe the card and tell everyone to use it.

RedTeam and RAKEN

Reasons for Switching to Procore

All the other projects seemed to be missing a major component at some point, whereas Procore covered all the bases. Also, Procore offers unlimited licensing, so we can invite the entire project team to include architects, engineers, subcontractors, and vendors in a single project. After approximately 6 months of using Procore, we have invited 150+ users to different projects. Most of the other platforms came with +/-10 licenses, which barely would have covered our inner office users.
jared

• Customer Support Software

Deceiving features. Wont allow you to test drive. Nothing seems to be natively done in Procore.

Reviewed on 2022-08-26

We have solved nothing by using procore. We recently added the Action Plans module in an effort to gain transparency and accountability to task assignments that could be templatized. We were consulted it would solve our painpoint with tasks. We spent $7500 just adding that module to find out it cannot be reported on...so there is no accountability to the assignee. No one knows what actions need to be completed or what actions they are assigned to unless they drill into the project or receive email alerts. After 3 days (before implementation of it) I found that this segment would be useless to us...they would not refund us and kept all $7500...Keep in mind we are already a procore customer and they consulted us to purchase that segment. We feel pretty taken advantage of honestly. and the fact that the software just simply will not do basic functions and actually alleviate manual entry i would not recommend this product to anyone.

Pros

The user interface looked great from a far and on our demos.

Cons

Nothing seems to be done natively within procore. Scheduling done outside. getting accounting to integrate is painful and ultimately we didnt do it. Action plans cannot be reported on based on the assignee. Tasks are created individually which creates manual entry and no visibility or accountability. Timesheets and schedule doesnt integrate with the workforce planning module...seriously?

monday.com and Cloud Coach

Reasons for Switching to Procore

The branding is done well. They are local to us, so i felt we would get better customer support. And the sales demo seemed well done. But it ultimately hid the manual tasks that need to be done.
Anurup
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

It supervises all functions and organizes project document storage.

Reviewed on 2022-06-14

The most essential aspect of Procore is that it provided us with an integrated system and procedures that allow us to ensure that all duties, as well as the process of issuing reports and other papers, are completed correctly. It also allowed us to keep track of all documents and reports, as well as their status, to minimize delays in their distribution or disruptions on the job site.

Pros

I appreciate the fact that Procore is one of the best cloud-based construction project management platforms, as its capabilities are tremendous in organizing all functions, storing project data, and providing collaborative capabilities to all project stakeholders, allowing them to track all project details with pinpoint accuracy. I appreciate how easily I can track any task and know its status and details, as well as how easily I can request a report or work delivery from subcontractors. It's nice to have all of the tools we need for reporting and monitoring subcontractor performance in one location, and I particularly appreciate how all project documents are preserved in a specific order so that we can keep track of their progress and easily return to them when needed.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort to use it effectively, and I don't think we'll be able to produce positive outcomes unless we thoroughly train the team and other project partners on how to use all of the tools and collaborate with them. It's worth noting that Procore offers customer assistance and integrated training sessions that help us learn how all of the tools work and how to utilize them effectively.

Jessica

Best Construction Software

Reviewed on 2022-09-07

Procore has wonderful customer service. They are always quick to respond to any questions or compliants.

Pros

Procore has a lot of great features. I really like using the document and bidding tabs because they are really user friendly.

Cons

I feel like the directory could use some updates. There seems to be a lot of steps to change contact information.

kishor kumar

Document Management by Procore

Reviewed on 2022-08-13

It resolves the documentation problem and saves time and cost in the preconstruction process.

Pros

Procore provides the online document management feature to access anywhere and anytime. We can track our project status on this.

Cons

Everything is good, but if Procore provides the issue creation and 3D model reviewing features will add more advantages like BIM360.

Chester

Reviewed on 2022-08-15

Pros

When evaluating projects to bid on I find Procore easy navigate in addition to being able to download plans.

Cons

I suppose it has nothing to do with the software, but I wish clients would add a better description of the project they are asking us to bid on.

Erma
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Procore

Reviewed on 2022-08-05

Overall, it is very good

Pros

Customer support for sure and pay applications are easy.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to navigate around there and find what you need.

Dana

• Customer Support Software

One place for all trades

Reviewed on 2022-09-06

We are able to upload the most recent drawings, add sketches to RFI's, and answer questions quicker. Everything is organized in one place that all trades have access to

Pros

Able to update drawings in real time so all trades can access the most up to date documents

Cons

When new items are uploaded it does not notify all team members

Pam
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

ProCore has helped us manage our multi-prime project.

Reviewed on 2022-09-21

Training seminar was outstanding; the demonstration really made things "click" especially for the set-up process. Since then, we made some set-up changes which has helped utilize the features.

Pros

Once you've set-up the back end, it becomes quite easy to manage projects, communicate within the system and across various contractors, and to track the status of change orders or other needs.

Cons

The set-up might take a bit longer depending on how your project is designed--multi-primes or various phases of a project. Once that work is done, it seems to get simpler.

Amira
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Ensure the successful management of contracting projects and perfect organization of project...

Reviewed on 2022-04-19

Procore has provided us with great flexibility in managing the project, and we have eliminated many of the mistakes that we were making previously when preparing the various submission tables in the project. With Procore, you can, with simple steps, filter Shop drawings Logs or RFI's Logs, for example, and know the status of the topic that Looking for it and following it up with other members by sending them notifications. Indeed, it simplifies many procedures and keeps all tasks and project activities under constant follow-up.

Pros

What I like most about Procore is the perfect organization that it provides for all documents, reports, and communications of project members on the cloud, which enables all team members and stakeholders to be kept up-to-date and informed of everything that is going on with the project. I appreciate how providing all project management tools in one place simplifies the procedures and saves a lot of time, as most of the outstanding issues are resolved directly, as all concerned will have knowledge of the matter and will communicate with each other to implement the appropriate solution. I love the reports that are prepared by Procore, as they cover all project management functions and show in a modern format that includes graphs and tables the general status of the project's business and completion percentages and also cover all financial aspects and much more. I appreciate that Procore acts as a database that includes all project correspondence, drawings, reports and material delivery requests, and through several logs that show the dates of submission and response, you can know the status of each request or scheme with ease.

Cons

Procore is ideal for contracting projects, and I don't think there are any negative things or technical problems, as it is connected to the cloud and has an amazing interface, it depends only on the work team and their cooperation by taking advantage of all the wonderful tools available in Procore.

hedaia

• Customer Support Software

Multi-tasking platform that covers all project needs

Reviewed on 2022-02-01

He mainly contributed to the accurate preservation and documentation of all project records, and through the updates that were issued by him, we were able to know the status of those documents and whether they were approved or not, which facilitated my work as a planning manager, especially when preparing time claims. I also noticed a decrease in the numbers of RFI's, because many of the interferences were resolved by it and there is no longer a need to send them, which reduced the downtime and positively affected the percentage of work completion.

Pros

An easy-to-use multi-tasking platform that covers all project needs, through which the work team will be able to manage all project documents and keep records that show the status of each of them and whether it has been approved or is still awaiting review by one of the project parties, and its connection to the cloud gives it an additional advantage and helps the work team To continue its work remotely without stopping. Procore has many collaborative features that enable more than one team member to collaborate to complete a specific task, and its integration with many of the applications we use daily, reduces work repetition and facilitates data import and export operations. Procore is one of the best tools for dealing with site interference directly and without the need for an internet connection. It is enough to own any of the tablets on which Procore is located, and start reviewing and then adopting the appropriate solution. It saves time on the on-site team so that they don't need to go back to the office, hold meetings and print a lot of charts, Procore shortens it all in a unique way.

Cons

Not much, as when adding a new member to the work team, he needs days of training to master the use, add to that the way to customize some models and tools to suit the needs of the project. However, Procore's benefits for managing projects, particularly building projects, outweigh any shortcomings, and mastering the platform's functionality will offer you the freedom to complete all of your activities on it quickly and efficiently.

Patrick
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Architect's Perspective

Reviewed on 2020-12-07

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

Pros

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

Cons

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And speaking of meetings, the meeting minute layout within the program is, to put it mildly, garbage. The software is clearly written with the contractor in mind, as if the CA process on the design team side is almost an afterthought. On my most recent project, I had to work with the GC and Procore in order to have the proper RFI and submittal routing established so items don't sit in limbo and become late.

Brittany

Best Construction Software on the market

Reviewed on 2020-10-06

Procore is my favorite software to use in construction. It eliminates the need for many other systems that help organize and process submittals and RFI's. It is user friendly on for the GC, subcontractor, owner, architect and engineer.

Pros

Procore does it all! Submittals, RFI's, Schedules, Commitments, Change orders. I highly recommend all construction trades use this for ease on their projects. This software does the work of many softwares and eliminates the need for multiple emails.

Cons

They need to work on integrating existing accounting software's. Many contractors using this system are also using their own accounting system so it is dual entry.

Reasons for Choosing Procore

Multiple users over multiple companies have access.

Spencer

Procore Year End Review

Reviewed on 2018-12-27

Emails generated by Procore seem to get ignored more often than not and I believe this is due to their generic nature. For instance, if I am a subcontractor sitting at my computer and I get a Procore notification (or dozens), I don't know if its a submittal request, an invitation to bid, or an update to the drawings. And if i'm getting dozens of these notifications each day, it becomes difficult to prioritize. I've noticed that subcontractors are much more willing to respond to a personal email than to a Procore email. It would be helpful if a Procore notification could more closely resemble a regular email. Who it's from, the subject, short and sweet.

Pros

Procore's construction management tools are both easy to use and functional. Some of the best features that come to mind are the Drawing tool's ability to keep track of current drawings while still being able to review superseded drawings, the Submittal tool's ability to assign submittals to subcontractors so that they know exactly what is required and when it is expected by, and the Punchlist tool's ability to simplify the tracking process and even pinpoint each item to a specific location on the drawings.

Cons

All construction companies have a different way of doing things but Procore, in a way, forces everything to be done a certain way. If you try and tweak things to mimic your company's way of doing things, it may break some of the automated functionality within the software which may cause a lack of continuity and create the potential for user error. Also, some of the tools could use some major improvements. The Drawing tool's markup options are great but they are inconsistent. For instance, when adding text, the only way to change the font size is with a slider bar which makes it difficult to keep things consistent. Also, would it be possible to get a copy and paste feature? The Directory tool is great at keeping companies and users organized and it would be incredibly helpful for companies to add some custom features. For instance, my company likes to track how many employees a company might have, and the states that they are willing to work but there isn't a good way of noting this.

Paul

Comprehensive Project Management System

Reviewed on 2018-12-19

I have worked in residential home construction, single & multifamily construction, multifamily affordable housing, mixed use, and commercial construction projects. I have worked on projects ranging from less than 1K to over 16M. Procore is outstanding for all but small single-family residential projects...I could make Procore work like a charm for this type of construction, but it would take some creativity.

Pros

• Daily Logs are easily completed and sent to the appropriate parties. This means they actually get done which means they are more accurate. Adding photos to the logs is very easy as well.
• Procore allows you to put links to photos on your drawing set. This is especially helpful when we send out bid packages...bidders can see more details and existing conditions for our commercial remodeling projects.
• If you need to send out a lot of requests for quotes, Procore makes it easy to keep track of everything through the Reports function. PM's can also drill down to see who has or has not opened the invitation...a real time saver!
• Procore has a submittal builder built in, so after you upload the spec book, you can click on the builder and it generates a list of possible submittals. You can modify the list to suit your need. This can save days on a large project.
• When you upload revised drawing pages, Procore allows you to overlay the pages and highlights the differences with the new set. This is very helpful even if you were aware of the coming changes. It also allows you the chance to note the changes for possible change orders.

Cons

• I'd like to see the ability to more with the mark-up tool. Features that are available on simple take-off software would be nice. Something as simple as being able to place a color-coded dot would be helpful.
• When adding people to the directory, it would be nice if when you forget to complete one of the required fields and hit SAVE...rather than delete everything because you forgot that one step...it'd be nice to just give you a message asking you to "please enter missing information".
• The way is now, seems rather punitive, but I'm sure they will change it.
• I'd like to see other types of scheduling options become compatible with Procore. I do use MS Project, but not everyone does. Project is rather pricey and would be another software product to learn.

• Customer Support Software

I am a construction project manager for a multi-family construction general contractor.

Reviewed on 2018-02-01

It saves time, collects a ton of data into one place, and there are no limits on size.

Pros

I have used the software previously as a subcontractor and now working for a general contractor. Procore keeps all necessary construction documentation in one, easy to access place with no space restrictions. It can be utilized offline for those out of the way projects. Once the system is understood and practiced, it is quite useful. Sometimes my office is 500+ miles away from the jobsite. I can be on the phone with my superintendent, looking at the same documents while on the phone discussing the issue. Submittals and RFI can be turned around in a day (if all team members are paying attention and on board with Procore.) I can have owners included on the system with limited access to photos and reports. Everyone in our office uses Procore; project managers, coordinators, AP, AR, and directors. I remember how we used to do everything with hard copies and ship back and forth between team members. Procore speeds up the process and streamlines everything.
I also had to sit through depositions for a project that went wrong, 6 years after the project was completed. All of the evidence was either printed emails, or hard copies of daily reports, pictures, etc. I feel like I would have been better covered and better represented if I had all of my documents organized within the system and structure of Procore.

Cons

While Procore is a great system, it is a complicated system and takes some time and training to adopt and master. Like any other program, Procore can only be as good as the data and information uploaded. I find it most difficult to get architects and engineers on board initially. Once on board, most of them question why they were so reluctant, but it is almost always a process. Subcontractors are very similar, although many of our subcontractors still fax over using email.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Procore saved us from cobbled together Excel spreadsheets and poorly implemented SharePoint...

Reviewed on 2017-05-26

Better clarity into the activities, documentation and critical information associated with our project, which number in the hundreds. Procore allows us to easily collaborate with our employees, outside members, other consultants, our clients, etc. Perhaps most importantly, Procore enables us to better serve our clients by keeping critical project information together in a trusted system. It has even enabled us to compete with much larger firms by showcasing the quality of work product produced from within Procore.

Pros

As an Agile-led development team, Procore is constantly improving their product through extensive analytics and actual customer feedback. This is a process I've witnessed first hand. In terms of the product, Procore integrates all the key tools needed for managing projects in the built environment. In addition, the product helps reinforce best practices in construction project management, which coming from a forensic expert, that's definitely a good thing when it comes to proactively managing risk. If more companies simply relied on tools like Procore for managing their projects, there would be a measurable decrease in claims, disputes and litigation.

Cons

Despite extensive multimedia training materials, Procore remains a very difficult tool for onboarding new employees. In addition, the Procore marketing materials didn't set proper expectations for the overhead required to implement Procore company-wide. Additionally, Procore has made the decision to really focus their tools and the language used for describing those tools on very specific roles - primarily general contractors, at-risk CMs with trade contractors and engineers occupying the second tier or class of clients. For agency CMs, architects, other consultants, etc., use of the product is somewhat different from how the documentation describes it.

Patricia
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Reviewed on 2017-02-14

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been extremely helpful. It's always great to get a call request from the designers related to a suggested change that you put in wanting to make sure that what they are looking to do will meet your expectations or at least how they can better meet your expectations. I love signing into Procore and having the popups telling me what new changes they have implemented overnight, shows they are always growing and improving their product to better meet the needs of their clients.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

Cons

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same or extremely similar projects each and every time, there needs to be a Corporate level for reporting purposes and what they now have as "Company" level would be more the project level for those projects that are almost identical and/or being performed by the same project group. Changes made to the company level affect all the projects underneath that company and many settings are only at the Company level so if your projects aren't VERY similar to each other this may not work out well. In our case, Procore has managed a work around for this but it causes many of the executive dashboard functions to not work right. Limited customization but with a little ingenuity you can figure out ways to make things work.

Josh
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Great Program Overall; however, a few features and processes that need fixing

Reviewed on 2016-12-09

Procore overall is an excellent program. Their cloud-based platform works really well for compiling large amounts of data among many users. Store and share essentially unlimited job-site photos. Upload the project drawings and enable great team collaboration with their drawing editing tools; such as, linking RFIs to a section of the drawing, or highlighting a specific detail to ask the team about later. In project management software, the inclusion of a functional mobile app is crucial and Procore nails it fairly well. For our construction management use, we are pleased with the auto-reminder feature in-which the person responsible for approving RFIs, Submittals, ect.. will receive daily reminders to complete their over-due tasks. The tool is also highly advanced in setting specific permissions per user - maybe you don't want your subcontractor to view all of the project data - Procore makes this easy.

Pros

> Unlimited storage for your project photos, documents, drawings, etc...
> Easy to use, free mobile app (Android & iOS)
> Everything is archived and stored in an organized manner, it's like having your entire project in a cloud-based filing cabinet
> The project / company directory tool is really great and well organized, you can also easily download a contact's business card for upload into Microsoft Outlook
> The daily log tool is excellent for the superintendent to record all day-to-day activities on the job-site. A report can be produced looking at all daily logs throughout the project. A great asset to have in the occurrence of a dispute.

Cons

> The built-in scheduling tool is cumbersome and sub-par. It's better just to run project scheduling out of different software all-together (I.E. Microsoft Project or Primavera). However, Procore does allow for you to upload your MS Project or Primavera files, this is very handy.
> You cannot create sub-folders within the Photos tool. Just one folder per location / subject to store all of the photos in. We would find it useful to have sub folders, such as: Folder 1 = Pre-Construction Photos, Folder 2 = Building A, Folder 3 = Unit 101 ... ect...
> Once an RFI is created and sent, it cannot be edited. there are many instances in which we need to modify RFIs after they've been sent, sometimes the client even requests it from us.
> It'd be great if the Photos tool on the mobile app allowed for users to take pictures using the cell phone's volume buttons

Dani

• Customer Support Software

Just one of the many project management software available

Reviewed on 2016-11-07

First let me start by saying that I've used Sage CRE 300 project management, Submittal Exchange, and Newforma Project Cloud. They each have their benefits. I pushed for Procore because it was an all inclusive product. We use one of the other programs as well as eNTERFACE (for Daily Reports), PlanGrid (for drawings), ShareFile (for sharing documents), Outlook, AIA Contract Documents, DocuSign (for e-signatures) and a handful of others just to manage a job. I was tired of bouncing around between programs, often duplicating file storage or data entry. I spent months researching the available project management options that would also be available from essentially anywhere...job site, office, home, etc.

I have been using Procore for about six months and there are things that I love and things I don't love. I would still recommend the product, if you need an all-in-one solution. I will try to highlight my more important Pros and Cons. When I say "Module" I really mean tab. There's a tab for the directory, documents, drawings, submittals, RFIs, emails, etc. I consider each one a separate module because they could really function on their own.

Pros

1. Comprehensive package. Allows for integration with out accounting, but we haven't opted to go that route yet. Can eliminate many of the other programs we use, but not all.
2. Can limit user access, so I can give everyone access to just what they need.
3. Lots of online training available and assistance from the very start.
4. Fairly easy to use once you know what you are doing.
5. Accessible from any internet-accessible device.
6. Constantly talking about improvement. I haven't been through a major upgrade yet, but they seem to take into account what the contractor needs.

Cons

1. Modules aren't consistent. For example, submittals allow me to edit on behalf of someone. RFIs do not. I've seen this in other products where one tab or module works one way and the other tab is set up different. I expected more consistency between the modules, submittals and RFIs especially.
2. No separate module for ASIs. They can be linked to drawings and markups, but there's no ASI log that people can view. I can save the ASIs in a folder in the online documents, but the user has to go search for them. I can send email notices out to subs, but if a new sub comes on board, they will not have the emails.
3. I cannot scroll through RFIs easily. In Sage I can move easily from one RFI to the next if I'm searching for something particular. In Procore, I have to open an RFI, close it and go back to the log and open the next RFI. One of the things I wanted to do was cut down on the number of steps it took to get to the data I needed. Procore adds steps in this case. Same for Submittals. I have to open/close/open the next.
4. The Save or Close buttons are often way down at the bottom of a window. If I have to go in, enter just a few pieces of info at the top of the submittal or RFI, I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Some companies put a Save at the top and bottom for that reason.
5. Was told I could use my iPad/iPhone but the apps are only for information. I cannot add to the contacts/directory unless I login through Safari.
6. So much data on the screen that sometimes the key pieces I need are off the screen. Needs more work on setting up for various screen resolutions. For example, submittal titles and numbers aren't visible when I'm scrolling to the right. Needs something similar to Excel's Freeze function.
7. Email module doesn't work quite like I had hoped. I can drag emails into the online program, but it's difficult to search and view them. Some of the text gets jumbled with the date. They don't even have the Emails on the iPad/iPhone app. No way to sort them other than to tag them, which is difficult. If I copy a ton of emails over, then I have to tag each one manually. Not an efficient process yet.
8. Not easy to bulk edit. Procore had to upload our submittal log for us and then I needed to change a lot of it because it was our first upload. We had to manually open each submittal and edit the information I needed to add or change.
9. Data itself seems difficult to change like contacts, which cannot be deleted, even if you've never used them. Can only mark inactive. Benefit in some cases, but if you enter their email address wrong, it's there unless you contact them to delete it. I would love to be able to do more import/exporting on my own. It would make data entry a lot easier. Especially when setting up a job or entering commitments.

Brynne

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Reviewed on 2016-08-01

Pros

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me really enjoy it. It makes life easier by keeping record of just about every aspect of a project. It's extremely helpful that Procore keeps track of emails for you in regards to things like submittals. This makes it so there is no confusion about whether or not an email was actually sent or received. The software also allows construction documents to get approved in a more time efficient manner. I love that the architect, or whomever is the approver, can do so online via a credible software instead of just word of mouth, or in an email. It is much more legitimate. In terms of the vendor, they have been great. Their customer service is outstanding. They are readily available to help no matter what time of day it is - which is wonderful. They also provide many tutorials and seminars to help get a deeper understanding of the software and all that it does. Every time I have contacted customer service they have been quick and to the point. I really appreciate this because when I am at work, my time is even more valuable and I have a sense of urgency with everything I do. Being in the construction industry there are always crucial deadlines that are important to make. I don't have time to sit and chat with customer service for hours as they ask me annoying protocol questions that jump around the initial question that I have. So Procore has really been great with that.

Cons

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Obada

• Customer Support Software

Multi-tasking platform that includes everything related to contracting projects

Reviewed on 2022-01-21

The Procore system used by our organization is the basis for integration between all departments and all projects. Where he worked to make engineers of all disciplines, subcontractors and sellers on the same page thanks to this method of communication, which enabled us to follow up everything related to the projects that we are working on supervising and allowed us to complete them within the specified budget and according to the required quality and safety standards.

Pros

Procore is an inspiring, multi-tasking platform that includes everything related to contracting projects. Procore enables you to have everything in one place, such as invoices, contracts, material requests, and drawings. Procore is cloud-based and compatible with smartphones, tablets, and computers. You can perform a variety of import operations from a wide range of applications, which prevents repeating the entry operations more than once, and enables companies to follow all their projects through Procore, which reduces the movement of work teams between them. One of the great things about Procore is managing the bidding process, as it makes it easy to keep things in order and in control. I also like the reports that are released by Procore, as they are neat and comprehensive and cover all aspects of the project.

Cons

After completing the training and knowing the correct use of all the tools in Procore, there will be no complicated or dislike matters, as you will find it very easy to use.

Alex

Procore Review 04/07/2015

Reviewed on 2015-04-07

Pros

Field coordination when your firm isn't on the levels of remote servers. Our site trailers don't have access to our server aside from a cruddy desktop remote log in. A good number of our sites we've only got a super with a laptop, maybe even just a cellphone or tablet on the tiny ones. This allows us to do our documentation in the office and we have all those records in proper order and a single place when out in the field. No more dependence on supers to create their own folder structure for that documentation. The vendor is usually pretty attentive and able to assist.

Cons

Product is still being built. It is a huge tool that is always expanding. Has more than you think you need sometimes, but sometimes you find something you need and it cannot help you with. Drawing tool can't support multiple sets (e.g. multiple building projects), Documents tool doesn't have the markups you see in other tools within Procore (like drawings), many things with the bidding tool, etc. Least favorite about the vendor is when they've so many things on the road map, it's impossible to know exactly when, or if, some features will be implemented. Whether they are very simple, or complex. Getting increasingly harder to submit ideas for improvement as well. Seems to have changed from the post idea and vote ideas system. Or maybe something was just rearranged in a less clear manner.

Jill

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019-12-23

We noticed an immediate difference in the efficiency and productivity of our company. Easier communication between our field and office staff.

Pros

Customer Service is a dream - I love being able to connect quickly and chat with a rep immediately.

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of changes that seem very small, but make a big difference in our daily work flow. I don't mind the changes, as that means procore is constantly upgrading their software. I do wish they informed us better about those changes.