Procore

Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Donnie

• Customer Support Software

Top of the line project management software!

Reviewed on 10/17/2018

Overall, I have very little to complain about with Procore. Their customer service is top notch and they're providing a top of the class service!

Pros

There is so much to like about Procore. Some of the best things are: their support team, continuous improvement, mobile functionality, and integrations with other software.

They have account champions that are required to have quarterly meetings with clients. This pushes us to continue to find new ways to use Procore. There are so many facets that we, as a company, are not used to being included with a project management solution. So it's good to have someone on the inside that will give us honest feedback, run trainings for us as needed, and connect us to the right people to learn more about Procore.

Cons

The continuous improvement can change things that people are used to for a while and thus change best practices without communicating sometimes.

It's also very expensive compared to previous legacy project management software. This is to be expected because there's so much more to it than previously.

Patrick
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Architect's Perspective

Reviewed on 12/7/2020

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

Pros

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

Cons

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And speaking of meetings, the meeting minute layout within the program is, to put it mildly, garbage. The software is clearly written with the contractor in mind, as if the CA process on the design team side is almost an afterthought. On my most recent project, I had to work with the GC and Procore in order to have the proper RFI and submittal routing established so items don't sit in limbo and become late.

Renee

Construction Management in One Place

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Pros

This is where you must manage your scheduling, billing, and documents. One place, multiple users, and the communication chain is complete.

Cons

The only con is that at the very beginning of using Procore, you will have a learning curve. Watch the videos!! I highly suggest.

Chaya

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Pros

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

Cons

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team what stage project is in, and no easy way to get budget forecasts. Also, navigation around the program was not very logical and user-friendly for many staff members. Lastly, when we experienced a big hurdle with the accounting features, it took months to speak to a support representative who could talk through the issues. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Gabriela

Procore Rocks!

Reviewed on 11/6/2022

It’s easy to use, I love it!

Pros

I like that you can log in from any device, computer, tablet and even phone.

Cons

I am a huge fan of custom reports. However, the only columns available to use are Procore’s. We have custom fields that we use for our subcontract agreement and PO and those fields to not populate as a column we can use in our custom report. It would be great if the custom reports applied all the fields within a company’s subcontract/PO without having to pay for Procore to create a custom report for your specific company. Also, it would be nice if you can paste a snippet of a picture within the body of an email. I also noticed that emails in Procore always adds an extra space between sentences.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Great software if you are looking to improve your construction business and gain better...

Reviewed on 2/1/2022

Pros

Procore allows better insights into your projects. This enables you to deep dive into problem areas and quickly make decisions on how to correct. You can plan better across your entire organization, rather than looking at project by project issues.

Cons

It's quite expensive. If you are not getting the value out of the system you are paying for, you could mistakenly turn your back on it. Best bet is to figure out how to gain the biggest ROI out of Procore, even if that means hiring a Procore Certified Consultant to help.

Kyle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best available for Document and Project Management

Reviewed on 5/20/2022

Overall their customer support team has been great helping us in training and getting up to speed with implementation and helping with custom solutions tailored to our unique business needs.

Pros

Procore is arguable the top document and project management solution in the market. Great cross platform functionality and top customer service.

Cons

A lot to be desired in their bidding/estimating functionality, but they are active in releasing updates and improved functionality so I hope this gets better over time.

Fieldwire and Buildertrend

Reasons for Choosing Procore

We still use smartsheet for alot of our tracking functionality, but the budget, document management, and SAGE linking made this an easy trasition.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Procore

Overall ProCore offered a better single source resource for the way we were already structured.
Amy
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Procore

Reviewed on 12/13/2022

As a subcontractor using Procore, I am at the mercy of what the GC of the project chooses to share with me, but I do enjoy having a Procore log in versus waiting for an email that ay never come.

Pros

It is convenient to see what the General Contractor sees regarding the project. Any drawings or form they upload, I have direct access to it.

Cons

I had trouble uploading documents before and had to be walked through how to do so. I think any other issue was the fault of the GC not having documents available.

Preetam
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Project Control

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

Pros

Being a project engineer you have to look in many things from documentation to site management. it help me track the progress and allows me to take pictures and submit reports online which everyone in team can access from anywhere/anytime.

Cons

as far as i know the only drawback is offline access. we should be able to access some file when we are in remote location like basement.

• Industry: Capital Markets

Interesting software

Reviewed on 1/25/2023

Pros

A positive aspect of Procore is that it is a popular construction management software that offers a wide range of tools and features to help construction companies and professionals manage their projects more efficiently. Procore is easy to use and helps with the organization of the project, cost management, document management, and communication among all project stakeholders.

Cons

A negative aspect of Procore is that it can be quite costly, especially for smaller construction companies or projects. Additionally, some users have reported that certain features or integrations can be buggy or not as reliable as they would like.

Brittany

Best Construction Software on the market

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

Procore is my favorite software to use in construction. It eliminates the need for many other systems that help organize and process submittals and RFI's. It is user friendly on for the GC, subcontractor, owner, architect and engineer.

Pros

Procore does it all! Submittals, RFI's, Schedules, Commitments, Change orders. I highly recommend all construction trades use this for ease on their projects. This software does the work of many softwares and eliminates the need for multiple emails.

Cons

They need to work on integrating existing accounting software's. Many contractors using this system are also using their own accounting system so it is dual entry.

Reasons for Choosing Procore

Multiple users over multiple companies have access.

Frederick
  • Industry: Furniture

Project management software

Reviewed on 1/16/2020

So far the software has been a good way for our company to improve our project management processes and become more efficient overall.

Pros

Good initial onboarding and training from the company. This was very helpful so IT did not have to train. Easy to administrate. We were able to train a user to help facilitate some of the admin responsibility. Drawings are easy to edit and file storage is helpful. Project flow is great and has been helpful.

Cons

It is not easy to integrate with other platforms and requires assistance from the company. They should make that an easier process. Phone app is good but has room for improvement.

Nick

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We use Procore daily for all of our jobs. It is very easy to use on all platforms, from mobile to desktop, it's all very easy.

Pros

The greatest feature I think I have found yet is how easy it is to customize and set up how we as a company set up the jobs and features within the job.

Cons

Initially, the ability to customize certain inspections wasn't an option. That really created issues at first, but since our first implementation, there has been updates and upgrades to the entire platform that have already made a very user friendly product, even better.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Procore saved us from cobbled together Excel spreadsheets and poorly implemented SharePoint...

Reviewed on 5/26/2017

Better clarity into the activities, documentation and critical information associated with our project, which number in the hundreds. Procore allows us to easily collaborate with our employees, outside members, other consultants, our clients, etc. Perhaps most importantly, Procore enables us to better serve our clients by keeping critical project information together in a trusted system. It has even enabled us to compete with much larger firms by showcasing the quality of work product produced from within Procore.

Pros

As an Agile-led development team, Procore is constantly improving their product through extensive analytics and actual customer feedback. This is a process I've witnessed first hand. In terms of the product, Procore integrates all the key tools needed for managing projects in the built environment. In addition, the product helps reinforce best practices in construction project management, which coming from a forensic expert, that's definitely a good thing when it comes to proactively managing risk. If more companies simply relied on tools like Procore for managing their projects, there would be a measurable decrease in claims, disputes and litigation.

Cons

Despite extensive multimedia training materials, Procore remains a very difficult tool for onboarding new employees. In addition, the Procore marketing materials didn't set proper expectations for the overhead required to implement Procore company-wide. Additionally, Procore has made the decision to really focus their tools and the language used for describing those tools on very specific roles - primarily general contractors, at-risk CMs with trade contractors and engineers occupying the second tier or class of clients. For agency CMs, architects, other consultants, etc., use of the product is somewhat different from how the documentation describes it.

Brynne

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Reviewed on 8/1/2016

Pros

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me really enjoy it. It makes life easier by keeping record of just about every aspect of a project. It's extremely helpful that Procore keeps track of emails for you in regards to things like submittals. This makes it so there is no confusion about whether or not an email was actually sent or received. The software also allows construction documents to get approved in a more time efficient manner. I love that the architect, or whomever is the approver, can do so online via a credible software instead of just word of mouth, or in an email. It is much more legitimate. In terms of the vendor, they have been great. Their customer service is outstanding. They are readily available to help no matter what time of day it is - which is wonderful. They also provide many tutorials and seminars to help get a deeper understanding of the software and all that it does. Every time I have contacted customer service they have been quick and to the point. I really appreciate this because when I am at work, my time is even more valuable and I have a sense of urgency with everything I do. Being in the construction industry there are always crucial deadlines that are important to make. I don't have time to sit and chat with customer service for hours as they ask me annoying protocol questions that jump around the initial question that I have. So Procore has really been great with that.

Cons

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Dani

• Customer Support Software

Just one of the many project management software available

Reviewed on 11/7/2016

First let me start by saying that I've used Sage CRE 300 project management, Submittal Exchange, and Newforma Project Cloud. They each have their benefits. I pushed for Procore because it was an all inclusive product. We use one of the other programs as well as eNTERFACE (for Daily Reports), PlanGrid (for drawings), ShareFile (for sharing documents), Outlook, AIA Contract Documents, DocuSign (for e-signatures) and a handful of others just to manage a job. I was tired of bouncing around between programs, often duplicating file storage or data entry. I spent months researching the available project management options that would also be available from essentially anywhere...job site, office, home, etc.

I have been using Procore for about six months and there are things that I love and things I don't love. I would still recommend the product, if you need an all-in-one solution. I will try to highlight my more important Pros and Cons. When I say "Module" I really mean tab. There's a tab for the directory, documents, drawings, submittals, RFIs, emails, etc. I consider each one a separate module because they could really function on their own.

Pros

1. Comprehensive package. Allows for integration with out accounting, but we haven't opted to go that route yet. Can eliminate many of the other programs we use, but not all.
2. Can limit user access, so I can give everyone access to just what they need.
3. Lots of online training available and assistance from the very start.
4. Fairly easy to use once you know what you are doing.
5. Accessible from any internet-accessible device.
6. Constantly talking about improvement. I haven't been through a major upgrade yet, but they seem to take into account what the contractor needs.

Cons

1. Modules aren't consistent. For example, submittals allow me to edit on behalf of someone. RFIs do not. I've seen this in other products where one tab or module works one way and the other tab is set up different. I expected more consistency between the modules, submittals and RFIs especially.
2. No separate module for ASIs. They can be linked to drawings and markups, but there's no ASI log that people can view. I can save the ASIs in a folder in the online documents, but the user has to go search for them. I can send email notices out to subs, but if a new sub comes on board, they will not have the emails.
3. I cannot scroll through RFIs easily. In Sage I can move easily from one RFI to the next if I'm searching for something particular. In Procore, I have to open an RFI, close it and go back to the log and open the next RFI. One of the things I wanted to do was cut down on the number of steps it took to get to the data I needed. Procore adds steps in this case. Same for Submittals. I have to open/close/open the next.
4. The Save or Close buttons are often way down at the bottom of a window. If I have to go in, enter just a few pieces of info at the top of the submittal or RFI, I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Some companies put a Save at the top and bottom for that reason.
5. Was told I could use my iPad/iPhone but the apps are only for information. I cannot add to the contacts/directory unless I login through Safari.
6. So much data on the screen that sometimes the key pieces I need are off the screen. Needs more work on setting up for various screen resolutions. For example, submittal titles and numbers aren't visible when I'm scrolling to the right. Needs something similar to Excel's Freeze function.
7. Email module doesn't work quite like I had hoped. I can drag emails into the online program, but it's difficult to search and view them. Some of the text gets jumbled with the date. They don't even have the Emails on the iPad/iPhone app. No way to sort them other than to tag them, which is difficult. If I copy a ton of emails over, then I have to tag each one manually. Not an efficient process yet.
8. Not easy to bulk edit. Procore had to upload our submittal log for us and then I needed to change a lot of it because it was our first upload. We had to manually open each submittal and edit the information I needed to add or change.
9. Data itself seems difficult to change like contacts, which cannot be deleted, even if you've never used them. Can only mark inactive. Benefit in some cases, but if you enter their email address wrong, it's there unless you contact them to delete it. I would love to be able to do more import/exporting on my own. It would make data entry a lot easier. Especially when setting up a job or entering commitments.

Jill

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 12/23/2019

We noticed an immediate difference in the efficiency and productivity of our company. Easier communication between our field and office staff.

Pros

Customer Service is a dream - I love being able to connect quickly and chat with a rep immediately.

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of changes that seem very small, but make a big difference in our daily work flow. I don't mind the changes, as that means procore is constantly upgrading their software. I do wish they informed us better about those changes.

Skyler

• Customer Support Software

Powerful tool in the palm of your hand

Reviewed on 2/25/2019

The most powerful parts of the software are accessible on the mobile apps. Using mobile apps to populate Daily Logs as you go and access critical documents or make redlines is a huge time saver for the Field Staff. Where before they would take hand notes and spend time (sometimes hours) at the end or start of each shift, inputting the info collected from the previous shift; now they do that work as they go with little to no disruption to the flow of their day. Gaining back this lost time provides a better work-life balance for Field Staff and more accurate and timely reporting for Project Teams to rely on.

Pros

Features of other mobile construction management software all rolled into one. Replaces Timberline, BlueBeam, Doc-u-Sign, excel spreadsheets, and file sharing services like box... but if you like the features of some of those programs, it also links to them with modules. So now your document control between cloud based services like Egnyte and ProCore's document folders can be linked so that documents appear and are accessible/editable, from both platforms and double duty of making two systems match is eliminated.

Cons

I honestly can't find a con with this program... sometimes the level of access you have to make changes that require admin level access are not accessible on the mobile app versions of the software. I wish I could add to drop down lists on the fly without having to go to the web-based version of the software.

Hub of Information

Reviewed on 8/1/2016

Procore allows all levels of production to access information in one place. Our AP people can also access certain information. We can also set permissions for our Architects/Engineers, subcontractors, and third party inspectors to view project plans, specifications, documents, pictures, reports, and schedules.

Pros

Everything can be in one place. The ease of access to files, and large files, is great and increases our productivity. The apps for my phone and ipad help me to access plans on walk-throughs without packing the entire set of plans. My field personnel can upload pictures and daily reports that I can access at any time to answer questions from our executives. With my laptop I can access anything in the system as an admin.

Cons

The size of the app on my ipad and iphone is huge.
The worst problem I have is with subcontractors setting up their own profile and learning to navigate the system. Once subcontractors learn what is possible and how little effort is involved, they typically love it, but getting over that hump is difficult.

Nivek

Robust Construction Project Management Platform

Reviewed on 11/7/2016

After reviewing and using the trial, I was incredibly impressed with the features that Procore has to offer. In my opinion, Procore would be an incredible asset to large general contractors. The features and detail they have put into this software is intuitive, functional, and accurate. Because it was built for large organizations, the pricing and features may not be a good fit for small contractors and sub-contractors. I was informed that Procore has released a sub-contractors version of their flagship software, but upon my trial, it seemed like it was just the same platform with certain features eliminated. As of right now, until Procore really puts some research and development into small contractors and sub-contractors needs in this arena, I don't think the price justifies the features that are currently in the software.

There's no doubt that Procore dominates the construction management software arena if your company is large enough to afford the price point. For small contractors looking for software similar to Procore in regards to features, functionality, and ease-of-use, I suggest looking into SiteMax.

Pros

Its incredibly robust and packed with features that general contractors absolutely need, along with features that some may have never thought of utilizing. If your organization is looking to expand and go digital, while still maintaining a grip on your assets, employees, and projects, then you need to look into Procore.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, just an uncontrollable inconvenience. There are companies that are large and very successful who can afford Procore and there are companies who are smaller and can not afford Procore. Also, customer service in my opinion is good, but could be much better. It seems that they expanded very quickly and are trying organize a suitable customer service system. Again, not a bad thing, but it can definitely be better.

Scott

Efficient, Thorough, Feature-rich software

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Pros

I like the auditable features that allow companies to ensure they are protected. The continual refinement of existing tools and development of new tools is unparalleled. The customer support and service is excellent. The mobile apps are efficient, intuitive and easy to learn for people that may not be computer savvy. The addition of Procore sync is awesome and makes working exclusively in Procore easy and second nature.

Cons

I don't like that some of the tools aren't as feature-rich as others. It is almost like they have been left on the back burner. The reporting tool needs updates to allow users to pull from the whole spectrum of information that exists in Procore. Some of the tools are cumbersome to work in, but I know they are constantly trying to improve the user experience and software functionality. The inability to determine how Procore emails display in a recipients inbox is detrimental to working with government clients. The need to be able to send emails as plain text emails is critical as government employees are not able to receive HTML emails. This requires us to do more work that and take unnecessary steps in order to work with that client. It also means our company cannot work solely within Procore we have to leave the program after exporting whatever we are working on to then send to the client.

Mike

Perfect Platform for Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 10/15/2019

This has been a great way to keep all project stakeholders up to date with the latest documents, ensuring that there are no gaps in communication. With communication being key in construction, Procore makes day-to-day communication with the team so much simpler.

Pros

I love the ease of uploading documents in the drawings and specifications modules. The software is very intuitive and OCR works great in automatically recognizing page numbers, titles, spec CSI codes, where to insert breaks between spec sections, etc. I could go on and on in the ways that Procore has made construction document management easier!

Cons

Would like specification "areas", similar to drawing areas.

Clarissa

• Customer Support Software

Absolutely love having all my projects and all the data for each in one place!

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Pros

Internet/cloud based - can work from and access project info anywhere!
Holds all of my projects, my contacts, and all the data for every project in one easy-to-use program. Everything I need is accessible from home, office, or the field.
Posting drawings and linking Documents, RFI's, Submittals, etc. is easy, and immediately updates those links and markups for everyone who needs to see them. I don't have to worry that one of my superintendents or subcontractors is building off of old drawings.
We are just starting to learn and set up the financial tools. I can already see the value in the way they work, and can track which subcontractors have and have not submitted change order pricing, or responded to a request for pricing.
I love the photo albums. The owners and clients we work with also loving having their job site cameras linked to a project's home page.
I'm incredibly impressed with the thoroughness of ProCore - if it's related to construction project management, ProCore has a Tool for it!!!

Cons

It has been very time-consuming to set everything up, and a little difficult to get some of our design teams to buy in to using it. However, with a little training and explanation a lot of them are starting to see the value in ProCore and appreciate the functions it has.

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Works great if you take the time to learn it's features. Getting subs to use it can be...

Reviewed on 5/5/2017

Accessibility is one of the big items. No longer do we have to look for a print, a file on a shared drive server or written note that had that important contact information on it. Benefits will continue to grow alongside procore as it continues to be improved upon

Pros

Everything in one location, drawing management, ability to track what has or hasn't been done. Procore support has been second to none and it's great to see a product that consistently makes improvements on a regular basis rather than every once and a while.

Cons

1. Scheduling tool is almost useless if you want to update it daily. The ability to create and modify the schedule without having to go through a third party would be a great improvement. The ability to do so from the app would be an added bonus.

2. Great for managing an overall project but not great for workplace collaboration within your own company. I find many using other programs to help with that aspect and it would be great if procore allowed easier communication between project team members

Jaime A.

Foreman

Reviewed on 1/12/2021

Currently I’m working on a 9 Story Apartment building with Procore on my iPhone it’s easy to look up details don’t have to carry the big Laptop or IPad.

Pros

Making notes on the go like changes on the field or production notes, Request For Information (RFI) Material Submittal Etc.

Cons

Software is sometimes slow and lots of bugs.