QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.8/5

Timothy
Timothy

• Customer Support Software

Not perfect, but perfect for my small business

Reviewed on 2023-06-09

It’s easy to use, you can add it to your mobile phone so every employees has access to the time clock and calendar and whatever features you give them access to. Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, from scheduling to the time clock and keeping track of your employees it’s all in one program.

Cons

That you have to pay per user, I prefer a package deal so I don’t always have to go in and edit my active users. Paying a different price every time I hire or lose an employee can get irritating but Qb keeps track of it so it’s not as bad as it could be.

Time Tracker, ADP Workforce Now and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

My accountant recommended it because she’s been using QB for years and it’s easy to get used to it.

Virtual TimeClock

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Accountant recommendation and ease of use.
Lillian
Lillian

Each task has registration and geographic tracking with Quickbooks Time

Reviewed on 2023-10-06

Look for time and project management systems that don't require extensive learning curves and can be picked up with minimal effort. When we're out and about, we never have to worry about the app crashing. Your time management skills are put to the test by the fact that this item is here.

Pros

This software includes tools for tracking employees' arrival and departure times and locations, as well as the total amount of time spent at each job site. This helps you save time and money by preventing the worker from clocking in from another location. The distribution and use of the software is possible on a wide range of mobile devices.

Cons

Sometimes the gps location is off. The app's features may sometimes occasionally be unclear. Additionally, it cannot operate without a connection to the internet.

Eric

QuickBooks Time

Reviewed on 2024-04-15

Pros

I like being able to clock in and out from my phone with the app

Cons

I don't have any negative issues with this product

krista

Owner and Director of BD

Reviewed on 2024-04-02

The worst ever!!!! I have spent hours and hours each week working to get the problem resolved verses working on and in my business. And most of the customer service people cannot even speak the language which makes it even more stressful.

Pros

I liked it when I could get in and use it but I have been locked out for 2 months and have wasted so much time trying to get back in. Its TOTAL BS and I have been paying for a service I cannot use.

Cons

Nobody can help me get into my account. I have spent hours and hours each week working to get the problem resolved verses working on and in my business.

Arnold

Make easy your life

Reviewed on 2024-01-29

Pros

I appreciate Tsheets the most because it seamlessly integrates with my QuickBooks payroll system. It enables my employees to independently monitor their work hours, including managing missed clock-ins and outs. This feature has significantly freed up my time, allowing my employees to take more responsibility for their timesheets.

Cons

While I don't have many complaints, if I had to choose one, it would be the pricing. As an advanced QuickBooks user with payroll services, I believe that Tsheets should be bundled into my subscription at no extra cost. Given the seamless integration and the effectiveness of their collaboration, it would be more fitting for these services to be included in the overall package.

Sage X3
Mbaki

What makes QuickBooks Time USEFUL

Reviewed on 2024-03-28

In general It is really simple, easy and most importantly useful.

In general It is really simple, easy and most importantly useful.

Pros

What I like the most about QuickBooks Time is how easy it is to track the time of my activities allowing me to go through the stages on time and have the exact result required, tracking every tasks done on each job, and have instant update of data which is crucial for me.

Cons

I would say that some of the windows are sometimes difficult to scroll through.

Oluwaseun
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

A tool that helps your accounting books

Reviewed on 2024-03-28

prompt with all my accounting dealing and tracking purpose, i have enjoyed it so much

Pros

The fact that u can use it on all platforms and devices

Cons

I don't really have any negative, feedback, it's working for me so far

Jerry
  • Industry: Medical Practice

QuickBooks Review

Reviewed on 2024-04-25

Pros

The ease of being able to clock in and clocking out and being able to Manage Time for both the workplace and Paid time off

Cons

Updating Direct deposit could be a bit of a hassle

Olga

Easy access to your daily time.

Reviewed on 2024-04-19

Pros

Being able to see your every day clock in and out.

Cons

Didn't have access until I downloaded the app and Now I'm able to see my punches in and out.

Kelvin
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

Perfect software for the public

Reviewed on 2024-04-14

My accounting life have been great with quick books …for the past 8 months I have been using it every thing seems to be in other and I recommended it to most of my friends

Pros

It is the perfect software that have help me manage my finances perfectly and keep track of it accurately

Cons

To be honest it is perfect and nothing negative to say

Joanne

T Sheets is awesome

Reviewed on 2019-09-25

Pros

I love the easy of access the most. I can access from anywhere. I can assist clients when I'm out and about, I don't have to be stuck in the office all day. Job cost made easy. Reports are fabulous.
Your Support staff are all great. Customer service rep helped me today and of course once again,

Cons

um, Hmm. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Melody
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to track & submit hours worked! TSheets can even be used as a schedule!

Reviewed on 2020-03-04

This has been a great program that our business has used to track hours worked for payroll. We have multiple offices accross several counties and it's nice to have a central place that all of the hours are entered and available for HR to do payroll. Our company has also used this program as a schedule for our support staff and it's been very helpful to able to reference who is in what office so you know who to contact when you need to speak to a specific office.

Pros

TSheets has some flexibility in how you enter in your hours worked - they can be entered manually or by clocking in and out on the website. There is also a phone app for this program, so if you're on the go then this makes it easy to still track your hours or clock in/out. In addition, when you enter hours or clock in you have the ability to choose what "job" this was for. This is especially in tracking expenses for specific projects, jobs or offices. In addition, TSheets has a Schedule function. You are able to enter a schedule for all employees using the program and can specify what "job" the time is used for on the schedule.

Cons

When I use TSheets, I open up the website and just leave the browser up sometimes for weeks at a time. The only issue I've found is that when I do that, the schedule and/or time entries do not update to the next week automatically. It has to be done manually as it will continue to show the original week until "told" to change. It does work fine if you log out though. This is a specific problem for if you leave the browser open. This isn't really a big deal - it's easy enough to either click to the next week or just log out & log back in. It just surprised me though that it didn't auto-update when the week changed.

Kara
  • Industry: Hospitality

Extremely Disappointed

Reviewed on 2022-10-24

The experience with QB Time has been so disheartening. I was really hoping the largest hurdle with this software was ensuring the team did not have to do double work between our event/ inventory software where we schedule our labor and the actual time tracking of those setting up and breaking down. It has so many tools that would be great to use IF you can actually get to a point where the software is set up and you know how to use it. I have called countless times and spoken with the customer service team who can only assist "so much" and have also circled back to the sales team only to have voicemails and emails left unanswered. This has been such a disappointing experience resulting in my team watching you tube videos as a last ditch effort to learn the software BEFORE we cancel it altogether and find another software that actually has their world together enough to accommodate the paying customer.

Pros

This software offers so many benefits- - Connects with our inventory software which outlines each job/ event- Offers online clock in and out - Offers real time updates - Provides reporting for labor used during that pay period so labor coordinator can approve payroll quickly - Integrates with Quickbooks Online for easy processing of payroll - Allows for perimeters to be set when clocking in and out along with GPS tracking - Auto clock out when physically outside of the area of the job

Cons

No integration - meaning after you sign up, you are left to figure out how to set up the software and then work with customer service team on any questions. There is no middle set to ensure you know how to use the software, let alone ensure you have it set up correctly.

Nowsta, ClockShark and Homebase

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

It's ability to integrate with Quickbooks Online and the available features. Nothing we looked at actually integrated with our inventory software however QB Time was the closest we could get to the list of the wants for a timesheet tracking software.
Lingraj

Quick & Easy to use platform or multiple aspects

Reviewed on 2023-04-11

my overall experience with Quickbooks is fabulous as it served as my assistant in record keeping and accountability, It was quick and easy to operate and extract required data whenever necessary through drag and drop features.

Pros

Its books and ledger segregation feature is unique as compared to similar platforms like Zohobooks and Freshbooks

Cons

A few of the processes like adding a new asset type take time to add to the primary library.Beneficiary account details are sometimes difficult to track as the sorting feature is not available.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Freshbooks had faulty errors many times and the customer support was worse, it would take 48hrs and more to resolve an issue and to get the work done.Eventually, the platform was getting frozen upon uploading bulk data like employee records, asset details, and other attachments.Quickbooks was referred to us by our client and partners.While it's been 3 years of using QuickBooks and there have been no technical issues that required me to reach out to the support services.
Shahmir
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

An excellent tool for scheduling and tracking

Reviewed on 2023-06-14

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

Pros

Being a senior researcher, I have to keep a track of my projects and their deadlines. QuickBooks provides me with all the details and services I am looking for. Moreover, their Customer service is excellent. I strongly recommend all the people involved in scheduling, monitoring and payroll management to try this platform. Surely, you wont be disappointed.

Cons

Monthly Subscriptions. There should be an option of lifetime subscription.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Quickbooks time is more user friendly and easy to learn. Also, tracking in this software is more easy as compared to other related softwares.

Bethany

Great Time Tracking Application

Reviewed on 2023-10-30

We would use this application if it was included in our QuickBooks online subscription, however, the cost was just not working for our small business on top of all the other items we have as overhead.

Pros

Very easy to set up employees and projects in QuickBooks Time. It was also ideal for Project Management Budgeting for Time expenses.

Cons

Setting up vacation accrual was a nightmare. It never did work correctly for us. It was a bit of a process to get projects to sync with our existing customers in QuickBooks online.

Blip and Houzz Pro

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

The price was too expensive to keep using BuilderTrend. They also did not sync our timecards correctly which became a daunting task for our admin team.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

We use QuickBooks online so we assumed it would be a simple process to reduce some of our administrative tasks.
clelland

• Customer Support Software

These ratings I've read are a joke

Reviewed on 2019-08-07

Someone must be married to the owner of Quickbooks or slid a bunch of cash to them to get promoted by quickbooks the way they do... Thats some serious business love QB gave TSheets. And Honestly, it's made TSheets lame compared to many other competitors with great models.

Pros

Basic
Simplistic
easy to understand

Probably the BEST customer support I've come across. As much as I complain... they've got seriously good customer support.

Cons

Not all jobs are customer based... So, this software is limited right off the bat from any complexity.. you'll have to work around and make it work and fit your needs

time sheet editing - It is aweful to just see time worked... maybe when review timesheets... you want to see what was scheduled... late clockins, incomplete shifts, skipped lunch breaks... kinda big deal

NO HR DATA- As I said, nothing to track employee issues. Your poor employee performance won't have much info here for you to keep track of.

Not an easy way to break a shift because your employee was too lazy to c/in and out

No auto stop for shifts- one employee had 4 days until the shift stopped recording time... I wanted to see how long it would keep creating shifts.. 180 hrs and it finally stopped (and I think I accidently closed the shift)

Time sheet closure... Broken... not smooth... so many other time sheet companies do this better.

No Employee shift exchange mechanism

No- Shifts by job not by customer

No- Shifts by location or job site

Employee reports and to do list

ADD - ONS... those are silly. Have the functionality or don't. Add-ons seem like it'll be a charging mechanism... like QB does... so... You can see the coming of "SUBSCRIPTION" based things ... and get nickel and dimed later. Just like QB.

Misty

• Customer Support Software

QB's time (formerly T-sheets)

Reviewed on 2022-08-04

Overall it was pleasant and I still recommedn the software to my clients that just need to track their staffs time and are in QB's online.

Pros

I used to love their customer support when they where T-sheets, they had the frindliest staff. Now it's like any other QB's product and customer service, it lacks that personal touch. I used this for time tracking but I needed software where I could easily compare my employee's timesheets to what projects they billed out for the week to make sure they weren't missing time. It's not the most intuitive time tracking software but it was great for tracking my emlpoyees time.

Cons

It was hard adding holidays across the board, it would have been nice to be able to pick days my company was closed and apply it across the board to the entire staff. Also, I couldn't easily see what my staff billed versus how much time they worked so I ulitimately ended up choosing another software.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

I ened up leaving QB's time for Timesheets and I love them, back to that personal touch customer service!
Branden
Branden
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Honest review of Quickbooks and Why in recommend it

Reviewed on 2023-06-23

I one hundred percent love it and will recommend it to anybody and everybody

I one hundred percent love it and will recommend it to anybody and everybody

Pros

The employee features are most useful and what I use the most being able to organize. Everything so easily is the biggest thing for me and I love it

Cons

It did take me a little bit of time to be able to pick up on it and use it quickly but that may not be everybody's case

ScheduleFlex

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

I just wanted something easier that would be moreis liable and easier

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Because of the name recognition but i'm glad I did
Tafadzwa

• Customer Support Software

QuickBooks Time Tracking App Review (Pros, Cons)

Reviewed on 2023-01-12

I'm very happy with the quality, accuracy, and smooth integration with QuickBooks Online Tsheets, which imported all of my projects (jobs) and allowed me to track time accurately for each job while saving me time.

Pros

"Excellent customer service, good help line, they accommodate our demands in the office. I personally would advise my friends and relatives to use this site. Users being able to clock in independently while waiting for permissions is a victory for us. "Very easy to use, no diverting to other pages, I believe anyone can use it." Your personnel is well-informed, respectful, cordial, and upbeat at all times. They appear to genuinely care about and enjoy their work. The management is doing everything correctly.

Cons

Sometimes I couldn't start a new time sheet or clock out. Quickbooks has a few functional issues.

Time Tracker and Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Flexibility and more features over the other products was a personal touch for me.
Gennyfer

QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) Is a Must Have

Reviewed on 2021-05-18

QuickBooks TIme makes my payrolls, job costing, and reports so much more accurate, efficient, and expedient. The time I save pays for the software over and over again. Not to mention, the customer service is stellar!!! Each and every time I have had to contact a representative for any reason, they have been some of the most friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service reps I have ever encountered with any company or product, ever. I cannot say enough good things about QuickBooks Time!

Pros

In the construction industry, you don't always have employees reporting to the office each day, they report directly to the job site. This makes it difficult at times, to know that they are actually reporting on time, this program eliminates any question of employee integrity regarding stolen time. It is also difficult to keep track of how much time is spent on each job, making the accuracy of job costing a problem. This software solves ALL of those issues. With GPS tracking, you can easily see that the employee was on site at the time that they clocked in. Also, rather than just being "on the clock", the software allows the employees to clock in specifically to the job that they are on and switch jobs mid-day if they go to multiple job sites, making job costing a breeze. This is so important in the construction industry!

Cons

The one and only feature I feel needs improvement is the tracking of mileage pay. It would be nice if the software could use its integrated GPS to track the number of miles between job sites in one day and translate that to a dollar amount of mileage pay due to the employee for the day. But, the amount of time the program saves me otherwise definitely off-sets the time I spend calculating mileage pay. So overall, it really is no big deal.

Efezino
Efezino

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 2022-12-09

Overall, while QuickBooks offers a range of benefits and features, it is important for organizations to carefully consider their specific needs and requirements before committing to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks is an excellent software product that has helped my business in many ways. The user-friendly interface and robust features make it easy to manage and track our finances, from invoicing and bill payment to generating reports and analyzing data. The integration with other tools, such as our bank account and credit card, makes it simple to keep our financial information up-to-date and accurate. Additionally, the customer support team is always helpful and responsive, which has been a huge asset for our business. Overall, I would highly recommend QuickBooks to any business looking for a comprehensive and effective financial management solution.

Cons

While QuickBooks is a popular and effective financial management tool, it does have some limitations and potential drawbacks. Some of the potential cons of using QuickBooks include:Cost: QuickBooks can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets. The cost of the software, as well as any additional licenses or modules, can add up quickly.Complexity: QuickBooks is a comprehensive financial management tool that can be complex to set up and use, particularly for organizations that are not familiar with the software. This can be a barrier for some organizations, particularly those with limited IT resources.Integration: While QuickBooks integrates well with other financial tools and services, it may not be as compatible with non-financial systems and applications. This can make it difficult for organizations that use a mix of different software products to fully leverage the capabilities of QuickBooks.Customization: QuickBooks provides a wide range of features and tools, but it may not always be possible to customize the software to fit the unique needs of a particular organization. This can be a limitation for organizations that require specific features or functionality that are not available out-of-the-box.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019-10-14

Tsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.

Pros

Besides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.

Cons

The top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.

Harvest

Google Drive

Integration with Quickbooks
Kristina
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

TSheets Software Review

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

This software has been a great tool to not only keep track of employees' time but also to schedule and plan for future jobs. Because of that, I have been able to help save us time and money by properly scheduling our employees for the needed amount of time. My experience has been very positive with TSheets.

Pros

TSheets is so easy to use. As a manager, I can view and edit all employees' timesheets easily and quickly. There are several functions that make my job so much easier! I use the Jobs feature and Project Report frequently to see how long certain jobs are taking our employees which in turn helps me better schedule for future jobs. The time entry is also accompanied with a GPS which is wonderful to check on arrival time and departure time from jobs. The payroll report is very easy to use and read. It shows me a breakdown of the total hours worked and the overtime worked so I can see where every employee is at.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this software; however, the Time Off function is sometimes a little confusing to my employees. They are unsure of how to add time off. Others just ask for their time off to be added for them which is sometimes confusing to me as well. I would love to see a help video on that function specifically.

Linda
  • Industry: Medical Practice

T-Sheets is Awesome

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

They are very responsive and helpful to any concerns. They have always worked with me to resolve the issues we have as a staffing agency with employees working 100% off site at multiple locations performing varied duties.

Pros

We use both the scheduling and time tracking options. This is much easier to manage for both Admin and Staff. This product is easy to learn and work with. The company is receptive to clients and creates adaptions and additions to the software based on user input and requests.

Cons

The basic product is structured to meet the needs of "standard" business hours. We operate 24/7 with varied hours, shifts, on call, per task work, and consulting support. We are only able to enter any of these as hourly. Since we are unable to override some of the standard settings it doesn't meet all of our needs, but we have not found any product that even comes close to what they do have.