Tracker

Customer Service and Support Management Software

4.4 /5 (66 reviews) Write a Review!

Ryan G.

Great case tracking UI

Reviewed on 2019-04-12

Pros

The ability to create parent and child cases with ease. Updating each case is simple also.

Cons

The outlook integration is cumbersome, but the integrated email is great.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The system meet the daily needs of my department. I love having one work queue visible to my...

Reviewed on 2018-02-09

Pros

I love the visibility of my team having the ability to see and work out of one queue. The ability to have access to multiple queues is also a feature I love. There are times when I need to access queues for other departments and I'm able to do so with ease. I also love the ability to be able to track a file by different parameters within the system.

Cons

I thought as modern technology continued to evolve the system update and layout would look more updated. I thought the visibility and layout would look more up to date.

Response from PhaseWare

Hi, I would like to address the con that you listed with the interface. The PhaseWare Administrator at each organization makes decisions on the user interface. By your comment, I would assume you are using the Tracker Desktop product which looks very dated. If you have a moment, please review the Tracker Beyond product ( https://www.phaseware.com/tracker-beyond )that has been released over the past few years as a refresh to our desktop product. We look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
-Hoyt

Don C.

ViryaNet review of Tracker 5

Reviewed on 2011-02-04

It's a great product with outstanding support and I highly recommend it to others. I am very pleased with the ease of implementation and functionality. I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Price/functionality is much better than any of the competitors we evaluated during our 12 month search for a support tracking system.

Pros

We have a hosted environment and have not had any down time. Not having to install, update or maintain environments has saved us a considerable amount of time. Support is great they answer questions very quickly. Very few bugs encountered. So far only some minor bugs which were resolved quickly. Easy to use with 95+% of the functionality we needed.

Cons

Reports don't provide full access to all user defined or system fields without having to make some customizations. The web screens I found difficult to customize - not intuitive. A lot of screens commit instantly so you can sometimes overwrite things inadvertantly. I think the administrative screens should allow you save changes or revert back, not necessary for the incident screens.

Tyrone S.

Phaseware Tracker easy to use, understand

Reviewed on 2017-03-23

I find the software easy to use and love the alerts and reminders functionality. Only thing I have not been able to find, figure out how to setup to view at any point with ticket other support reps currently have "active" as-in working on that ticket at that time.

Pros

alerts, easy to use and understand.

Cons

May simply need more training or review more to learn all of the many features, functions.

Darin B.

• Customer Support Software

I'd recommend this to pretty much any company that has over 100 users they support.

Reviewed on 2008-10-30

I'd recommend this to pretty much any company that has over 100 users they support on a regular basis, either internal or external.

Pros

Tracker is amazingly customizable and took roughly an hour to design things so they work best for Stratasys. It's also very quick and lightweight on the systems it's installed on. Our SLA success has gone up nearly 10% since we started using tracker and I'm sure the program is responsible for at least half of that gain, if not more.

Cons

Report modification/customization is a bit tough, but that's not unique to Tracker. Tracker does a better job at this than most but it's still the one area that that frustrates the most. That being said, they are very quick and willing to help out where they can with SQL code (which is usually what it ends up being) via their forums or email which is far and above what most companies do.

Teresa L.

• Customer Support Software

Phaseware has proven to be a robust and sound software solution.

Reviewed on 2009-03-11

Phaseware has proven to be a robust and sound software solution. We are pleased with the performance and reliability. We recommend Phaseware for all customer service management needs.

Pros

Phaseware was implemented as a multiple purpose, corporate-wide software solution. Phaseware centralized multiple departmental databases and centralized customer account records. Phaseware centralizes and manages customer support, programming, product development, maintenance billing and sales. Phaseware manages and provides a central database of customer records and contact information that all staff may access 24/7, from any location. Prospecting records are easily converted to Customer records.

Cons

No notable issues have been reported by staff.

Michael S.

Reviewed on 2009-03-11

Phaseware is a fantastic application. It has been a complete success for our organization. We have been pleased with all aspects of the application. One of the most impressive aspects is the ease of use. Whether you have been using a call tracking application or not, learning to use PhaseWare is quick and simple. It is very intuitive.

Pros

The transition from our old application to Tracker was incredibly smooth and easy. Any issue I have come across have been quickly addressed by the Tracker Support team. The application has continued to evolve and each version has been better. The upgrade process has always been easy and quick.

Cons

We have not found any cons with this application.

John G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Great Product fit our needs perfectly

Reviewed on 2016-01-20

Pros

Product works exactly as described. Have not experienced a single hiccup during training/implementation and go live. Support and training has been excellent. 30+ years of rolling out I/T projects and this has been one of the easiest implementations I have experienced.

Cons

Would like a tighter integration with social media.

Jody B.

Great Support

Reviewed on 2011-02-02

We recommend this product.

Pros

The product is stable and reliable. The support has been exceptional.

Cons

Cannot think of any.

Donna E.

Excellent support

Reviewed on 2008-11-11

Excellent support

Pros

web access for the customers.

Cons

If you do not close the program when you disconnect from the net you get lots of error messages

Kim T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great way to capture and document your internal issues

Reviewed on 2017-07-18

The ability to track employees and responses makes this a great tool for us to reach out to end users and retrain/hire as needed.

Pros

The ability to create multiple departments, SLAs, and agents is a big bonus in this tracker program. It allows you to create reports based on users, departments, and issues. When you're falling behind in SLA, you can run the report and figure out the trend as to what/how/why and train or hire accordingly. I love being able to go back and explain to a user what happened and how I can fix it based on the information captured in the incident.

Cons

The ability to customize additional fields can be improved. The amount of time it takes to delete unrelated information such as images from an email that isn't necessary, etc. Also, unable to attach multiple images and screen shots in one go makes this a little more time consuming.

Christopher R.

PhaseWare Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 2011-02-02

If your organization is searching for a solution that will allow you to log, track, and report incidents, this software is for you.

Pros

A powerful client that does what it claims and more. The software will allow the logging of different types of support tickets, follow up with those tickets, generates reports, and much more. PhaseWare support support is friendly and they also include a Knowledge Base/FAQ area based on using the same software.

Cons

- Be sure you know what you want from your software up front. Once the implementation is complete, you will be charged an hourly rate for any changes that may need to be made in the future.

- There is a learning curve once you first use it, after the inital use you wonder how your organization did without it.

Caesar V.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great value and support

Reviewed on 2017-03-23

PhaseWare had all of the features my agency was looking for right out of the box. We needed a hosted solution. The price was affordable and competitive with the many other business solutions.

Pros

They have deep features that we could not find elsewhere, even in products costing 2-3 times as much. For example, we sell software, and Tracker gives us the ability to relate solution providers (resellers of our software) to our end users, the retailers. We can easily respond to either party and keep the other party in the loop. Either party can log into the self-service center to see their stuff.

Cons

No complaints. The product does what we need it to do, and support is excellent.

Brittany W.

PhaseWare Review

Reviewed on 2017-03-23

The customer service is great, always responsive. It would be helpful if the product included integration with other helpdesk products.

Pros

It's integrated with email and configurable

Cons

email integration includes signature icons as attachments which adds to the # of journals

Christopher R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Should be your solution for your tracking needs

Reviewed on 2014-08-13

Pros

What I like best about PhaseWare Tracker is the service and support we receive the few times we have had to contact their team. They are easy to talk to and understand. The support team is on top of your needs and will have a quick resolution for you. From the first call, the representatives are attentive and very friendly. They work to resolve the issue in a timely manner and sometimes make follow up to ensure that there is nothing further needed before they close the ticket out.

I thought our service department was top-notch, but I have molded our team to mimic what PhaseWare provides for their own customers.

Cons

I am unable to find anything I like least about it.

George S.

• Customer Support Software

Great product for help desks and technical servicing.

Reviewed on 2008-10-31

Great product for help desks and technical servicing.

Pros

Well suited for help desks and onsite technical servicing. Product keeps track of active & closed tickets, keeps a knowledge base and allows you to set flexible service and billing plans for clients. Ticket alerts are also nice.

Cons

None so far.... The product has met our expectations. If anything, the icons could be a little more intuative, I find that I have to mouse over them to figure out what they are. This shouldn't be a problem once I get used to the icons.

Robert P.

• Customer Support Software

Delivers the tools to help us support our customers.

Reviewed on 2011-02-02

Feature for feature and for what we needed to deliver professional helpdesk support services, this product beats many others that come with a higher price tag.

Pros

Has all of the features needed to deliver professional help desk support services. Well integrated to the tracker customer self service web portal. Can easily build a knowledge base from your support tickets. Simple to understand, learn and use.

Cons

The emailing of bulk letters and notices to customers could be made easier to perform.

Don C.

PhaseWare Tracker 7.1

Reviewed on 2014-08-19

Pros

PhaseWare had all of the features we were looking for right out of the box. We liked the idea of a hosted solution. Support is excellent. The price was much less than other help desk solutions.

Ginny B.

Badanes / CMDI Review

Reviewed on 2011-02-01

Overall, I'd recommend this product. Mostly because of its flexibility and because of the customer support.

Pros

The chat and knowledgebase features - which were our biggest priority - were easy to deploy and we were up and running quickly.

Cons

Customization of our knowledgebase was a little tricky to learn. Not so much in adding new content as much as controlling the environment.

John C.

Impressive Ticket Tracking

Reviewed on 2017-03-24

we are in the early stages of implementation and have been very impressed by the quality of the software and the set-up training.

Crystal R.

• Customer Support Software

I highly recommend this product for your help desk needs.

Reviewed on 2008-10-29

I highly recommend this product for your help desk needs.

Pros

This product is robust enough to cover all our needs and the support team at PhaseWare consulted for everything else.

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time.

Randel P.

Tracker Beyond our expectations

Reviewed on 2017-03-23

We have been using Tracker as our customer support interface with our customers for over 5 years now. It gives us the ability to evolve the interactive relationship between the Support staff and our customers. Multiple reports, both standard and custom have given up the insight into the issues that our customers see while using our products in their day to day operations. It has helped to provide direction of our product growth while addressing the needs of the customer.
From an internal prospective, it gives a real time look at the performance and through put of our organizations. Helping to identify areas for improvement as well as staffing requirements for short term relief as well as long term growth.
Tracker on Demand and Tracker Beyond have helped to make the relationship with our customers a more manageable one with historical data and real time look at their needs.

Pros

Easy to use for new hires to come up to speed quickly.

Cons

Some of the features from Demand were not ported over to Beyond. the ability to see past viewed tickets. The screen roles as you scroll up and down the journal entries. the search screen doe snot always clear out and some times you need to clear individual fields manually.

Kim T.

Great System for Tracking Support

Reviewed on 2017-03-23

I like the ability to use the system to track the support that various teams provide within our organization. With a few hours of training, it is easy to pick up and use. The different types of report that can be customized and tailored to my needs is the biggest value for this system. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to keep their support services centralized and track the type and level of support that their teams provide.

Pros

The ability to track support provided. The types of reports that can be produced and customized to track the support.

Cons

I feel that it lacks the ability to upload multiple attachments to incidents at once. You have to create a new journal entry for each attachments that you attempt to upload to an incident. When forwarding or replying to a response - it does not track it in the system like an email message so it's hard to forward the message again since it doesn't display the header of when the previous message was sent using Outlook plug-in.

Sara S.

Reviewed on 2009-04-02

So far we have been very pleased with the performance of the product and the company. Based on their quick response and willingness to implement customer feedback we expect the product will improve further and continue to exceed expectations. Tracker was less costly and far more valuable than our previous ticketing solution.

Pros

The PhaseWare team was responsive to every special need and request that we made, including some significant customizations to the program. They even set up a custom demo installation on their own servers, and left it active for testing and training during our entire implementation period. Every member of their team was intelligent, personable, and provided great customer service.

PhaseWare handles Tracker support using its own software - something we were surprised to find that some competitors don't do-- and their Self Service Center is highly usable with active community forums and great downloadable documentation. They include a Suggestions forum, and the newest version of Tracker includes many of those suggestions.

The software is scalable and reliable, and provides us flexibility to make changes that fit our workflow and reporting needs.

Cons

The Self Service Center is a bit blocky looking "out of the box" and is missing some features that are offered by many competitors (like "email this article" and "print" links, and rich text formatting in the knowledgebase). Creating "canned" responses and template incidents requires administrator level access, and the method of adding the canned snippets to support incidents in progress is cumbersome. No ability to manually sort field values or lists of downloads, FAQs, etc-- nearly all display alphabetically. There are limited tools available for ad hoc reporting/querying - the report designer requires programming knowledge.

Sachin P.

A good tool for B2B day-to-day problem creation and finding solution.

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

Pros

I am just trying this software out and haven't really implemented this anywhere yet, but looks promising until now. The best features that it provides me with mobile compatibility and the analytics part is as detailed as you would like. Custom fit design capability, IM functionality and optimized search option are pros in this case.

Cons

Haven't tried the system completely yet, hence will post the cons after comparing with the competition in depth later. Hopefully i can edit this later :).