4 /5

Joanne
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2021-04-01

Great experience

Pros

This product is helpful with tasks and other issues

Cons

More user interaction with this product

Kyle
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Decent ERP System for the Construction Industry

Reviewed on 2017-01-17

Viewpoint is our ERP system for better or worse. The functionality is there for just about everything needed in the construction industry; however, it's not always the most user-friendly. When Viewpoint introduces updates and there are bugs, it can take months for Viewpoint to fix them in a new release. If it's something you need to be fixed now, be prepared to pay Viewpoint to fix the problem.

Pros

Covers almost all aspects needed in the construction industry
Highly customizable
Easy to create custom reports
Database isn't locked down

Cons

Viewpoint will find every way possible to charge you for support
They have a bad habit of pushing out updates without thoroughly testing them

Will

Has Potential

Reviewed on 2019-07-13

Good support, great implementation, excellent integration into Vista.

Pros

The product has come a long way since the original version that just produced submittals. The integration for creating projects in TEAM directly from Vista has so far been seemless. Getting dashboard job cost information from Vista has also been a well received feature. Being able to tag markups on drawings and create Issues on the fly is also a great tool.

Cons

TEAM has the potential to be great. There are other very similar products on the market that much stronger feature set. No reason TEAM couldn't easily step up to their level, especially now that Trimble is the owner. It was a very hard decision for us, do we go with Procore and get all the features we need now, but at a higher price and buggy integration, or do we go with TEAM, which has an excellent integration and is cost effective and hope that one day they complete the package. We chose to wait it out with TEAM.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Our Contractors loved it as much as the General Manager

Reviewed on 2022-02-04

My overall experience has been excellent right from the very start. I can't say enough good things about it

Pros

When it comes to Construction and Project Management, I haven't found another software that could do more and offer more features than this one.

Cons

In the beginning, It had so many features I was getting confused with some of the icons until I truly sat down and learned how to use it.

Alan

Viewpoint Software

Reviewed on 2019-07-02

Pros

accounting and document management reports

Cons

too much functionality/too many reports (software needs to be modified to cater to company's needs) "double-clicking" and scrolling not user friendly

Rashid
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Wasn't fast enough for me

Reviewed on 2017-07-11

Pros

I feel like this product was straightforward. It wasn't too difficult to follow the path of where and what you should be doing.

Cons

The product I was using was on a VPN so it was beyond slow. I didn't get all the functionality out of it I should have.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2018-11-19

Pros

Submittal and RFI modules make it very easy to upload and track the information.

Cons

I do not have the ability to select multiple people from contacts to send out a mass email. I also do not have the ability to notify individuals on a project when an urgent document (such as an addendum) is uploaded or changed.

Dante
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

good learning experience

Reviewed on 2020-11-10

Good need a nerd to help with it I'm computer savvy myself but hold up..

Pros

Fast software no bugs it seems. Ready to from the box easy setup . Booted all old info from hard drive USB stick.esy.

Cons

Little cosly not for the beginner it seems hard trouble reading instructions following the screen. Help

Deborah
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Viewpoint works great

Reviewed on 2021-10-25

You guys rock and I hope to continue using your app and see it grow.

Pros

This is one of the most important apps I have ever used not only does it not take long but the money goes to your account with in just a few days

Cons

I have yet to find anything wrong with this app. It's got so many cool things about it I don't think I can say anything bad.

Kyle
  • Industry: Utilities

Large learning curve.

Reviewed on 2017-05-11

Pros

Very precise and good financially. Drill down reports are extremely beneficial. It is super helpful to tract costs and collaborates well with heavy bid.

Cons

Not user friendly at all and needs what seems to be a good amount of work in order to create good, clean, and professional looking documents for businesses.

Andy

Collaborative Software Works Great for RFIs and Submittals

Reviewed on 2019-06-21

Pros

We've been using Team for over a year now for RFIs, submittals and daily reports. As a project manager/project engineer for the general contractor, I think Team is a huge improvement from using Vista in the past. We have several subcontractors that are uploading submittals and inputting RFIs directly into Team, but I've found that most subs will still use email to transmit these documents. Even if the subcontractor does not use Team for uploading, I like the Team email reminders that are sent out to subcontractors for submittals coming due or late. Design team's use of Team has been more involved. I will upload a submittal or input a RFI and notification is immediately sent out to the design team for review. The design team will then upload the reviewed submittal or the RFI response and notification is sent back to me. I have found that notification from Team may not be sent immediately to me but usually by the end of the day.

Cons

Submittal and RFI markups cannot be made directly in Team. The submittal or RFI must be downloaded to Bluebeam, edited/marked up with review comments or responses, and then uploaded to Team again. It would be helpful to have editing features in Team so there isn't an extra step.

Clarke

Viewpoint For Projects review

Reviewed on 2019-06-23

Good and I look forward to future mobile modules

Pros

I love the mobile app and look forward to your additional modules.

Cons

As a past PM, VP is not very easy to navigate

Joel

• Customer Support Software

We cannot get needed support from Viewpoint to get this software integrated into our Vista...

Reviewed on 2021-01-20

Not good so far, but feel like if Vista had Professional Support that we could talk to we could be using it.
we use Procore now but would like to discontinue it.

Pros

Nothing, we cannot roll this out due to lack of support from Vista in setting this up. Maybe this review will get someone's attention so we can begin to use this software.

Cons

Everything. we are unable to use it. We cannot get support

Domotz PRO

Reasons for Choosing Viewpoint Team

So we could integrate with our existing Vista Accounting system

Procore

Reasons for Switching to Viewpoint Team

so that we could integrate with our accounting software.
Erin
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Paid Surveys

Reviewed on 2021-03-17

I have always had a overall experience with the Viewpoint software.

Pros

I enjoy using the Viewpoint software i have been using it for quite a few months. I love the fact that they really want the customers honest opinion in exchange for legit payment. They off a wide variety of surveys daily.

Cons

I don't have absolutely one bad thing or flaw to say about the Viewpoint software. I have never had a bad experience with the software.

Brian

Using Viewpoint Team

Reviewed on 2019-06-21

Pros

the ease of input and attachment along with itemized sections for input

Cons

Need to have a specific Safety Section and photo section for progress documentation

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great project management software

Reviewed on 2019-08-22

For building construction needs

Pros

If you're looking for something to help manage your construction needs, look no further. This software helps you track budgets quickly and easily. It also digitalizes your field so that you have a better understanding of the layout you are working with.

Cons

Didn't use it long enough to find any cons.

Jennefer
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Not quite there yet

Reviewed on 2018-05-31

Not great for project management documentation/site supervision. Its difficult to use and train those who are not familiar with computers to use. If you don't know the right tricks it just doesn't work.

Pros

Viewpoint for Projects has good layout and organizing functions. A lot of options available for security of various files and documentation processes.

Cons

It is very cumbersome, difficult to up load and view files. No thumbnail options for viewing pictures make it difficult to preview photos before selecting them to add comments to etc. The internet link is always slow, creating issues with their desktop app and opening and saving files. Also not compatible with AutoCAD or current design software. Not practical for construction documentation management.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Good only if you have another software that can help with time track/reporting for field...

Reviewed on 2017-09-15

Pros

easy of printing checks, enrolling employees and pushing it into payroll or Hr module easily.Ease of use and integration between modules and with other applications. We use several other products that we import from and export to.

Cons

current reports leave out a lot of necessary data, crystal reports not customized.Lack of strong financial statement writer. Currently using FRx . . . we know that we need to move, but haven't found anything that is as flexible. We cannot get good cost analyst report on equipment use.

Rachel

Basic

Reviewed on 2019-09-17

Pros

I really like the capability and functionality of the available reports

Cons

For some of the spreadsheets, certain cells are frozen which makes entering data harder when those unwanted frozen cell can't be moved

Roberta

Viewpoint

Reviewed on 2022-04-23

My experience with using viewpoint team has been great it's definitely a time saver and very easy to use .

Pros

I found that using viewpoint team has made my everyday business tools much easier to maintain

Cons

I have only been using viewpoint team for a short period of time now so there isn't any negative I have came across yet.

Lindsay

Accounting Is EASIER

Reviewed on 2018-10-24

Pros

It's very efficient to use. It streamlines the business process.

Cons

It's difficult to learn. It's not like Quickbooks, where you're sort of guided through steps.
If you don't know exactly what outcome you're looking for, it's very easy to get confused.

FALAK
  • Industry: Design

Viewpoint Team Project Management

Reviewed on 2018-04-27

Pros

Great features, supports collaboration, ideal for construction industries. I would definitely use it in my projects.

Cons

Lots of option available in the competitive software market. Without brand marketing, I am not sure if this product would stand out.

Cassie

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021-12-23

Ive had a good experience with this service but I think that they should implement other payment platforms services and shorten the time it takes to receive a payment

Pros

I like that you are able to earn by completing simple tasks! Some tasks include recording multiple simple phrases, analyzing information, etc!

Cons

Some cons to this product are that when you want to cashout, they only give you one option which is direct to your paypal. Another thing is that it takes up to 10 days for you to receive the payment & could take even longer.

Jamie
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE!!

Reviewed on 2020-02-27

Pros

This software is pricey at best but the training to use it is where they get you... Its hard to learn and training is outrageous!

Cons

Very complicated to use! Training is very expensive!

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good software

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

Pros

I like that you can see your projects in real time

Cons

Nothing that I've noticed so far with this software