Denticon

Web-Based Dental Practice Management Software

4.7 /5 (99 reviews) Write a Review!

David F.

• Customer Support Software

Don't be fool by the other reviews

Reviewed on 2019-04-23

If you believe the other false reviews and buy Denticon and hate it, I'm sorry you should have listened to this review. Hopefully as Denticon evolves it will be worthy of the high ratings it has received but that day has not arrived. Thanks

Pros

For some situations you have to have a cloud base software. It is nice to be able to log on from your home computer or use your phone to bring up Denticon.

Cons

Denticon is not user friendly. I've use Easy Dental, Open dental, and Denticon in both fix location and in a mobile dental setting. Almost every thing you do on Denticon requires an extra button to push and takes longer than the other two softwares I've encountered. I have never met anyone that has used Denticon say they liked Denticon, no one.

Virginia M.

A very comprehensive package

Reviewed on 2019-10-23

I've always had good experience with Denticon product and staff.

Pros

I have appreciated the breadth of information this software gathers and the ease in asking for information to do analyses. The help staff have been very timely in responding to questions and finding answers for us.

Cons

The software is so comprehensive I feel sometimes I cannot wrap my head around what is included. I purchase this each month but I need to spend concentrated time to teach myself details about a question I have. Maybe being left behind? Or in other words, maybe having a overview video instead of a specific webinar topic available to the dentists who want to do specific analyses. The monthly cost for this software is at the upper limit of my preferred budget amount, but there does not seem to be an equivalent service anywhere that will match performance.

Douglas D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

So glad we made the switch!

Reviewed on 2018-12-09

It's a very useful tool that let's us function at a much higher level than a small office such as ours otherwise could.

Pros

We'd been longtime Dentrix users prior to this -- leaving that behind and switching to Denticon was by far one of the most significantly beneficial changes we've ever made to our office operations. We would never even consider going back. We have found so many benefits and unexpected synergies in using Denticon -- and it seems like we're always discovering a few more. We are sure that it has been a genuine competitive advantage for us -- making it possible for us to keep-up and even excel in today's rapidly-evolving dental practice arena.

Cons

Sometimes I think less opening of new windows, less clicking through steps might be appreciated (but I understand that a lot of that is due to necessary tracking/documentation for security and accountability).

Natalie S.

Dental software

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Pros

Being able to have patients book and pay online; on a cloud

Cons

Training new people on it; can’t call people for help. Instead you have to submit a ticket

Diane M.

Cloud Based Dental Software

Reviewed on 2020-06-01

Overall we have been pleased with Denticon and their software. We are able to continue to move forward with technology without being stuck with paper charts, or old ways of doing business. We are constantly evolving and Denticon evolves with us. The ability to access the software from all locations and continue business is a huge advantage over a traditional software program.

Pros

The team at Planet DDS is constantly reaching out to the users and looking to them for the improvements and usability of the software. They are responsive to all inquiries and their customer service is some of the best in the industry.

Cons

Because it is cloud based, if there are internet issues or server issues from Denticon side, the software can go down (rarely occurs though).

Clemont A.

AWESOME SOLUTION FOR MULTI LOCATION PRACTICES

Reviewed on 2017-01-12

WE HAVE USED IT FOR 5 YEARS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. IT IS FLEXIBLE AND CAN BE USED NUMEROUS WAYS TO FIT HOW YOU DO THINGS.

Pros

easy to set up, no software issues to manage

Cons

graphics are not as good as other programs, some features are in strange locations and customizing different features can be a pain because trying to find the right screen to change things can be a pain.

Edna B.

To everyone I meet

Reviewed on 2019-10-04

We target a certain daily weekly and monthly production and it helps so much to know our numbers so we know what to market to referring offices, and where we can improve

Pros

I talk about denticon to every single dentist I meet. Unsolicited advice for sure but I cannot praise it enough. It makes the clinical aspect but more importantly the business aspect so darn easy! I love how easy it is to use and stay on top of our daily weekly and monthly goals

Cons

Learning curve at the beginning was a bit rough but their onboarding team was incredible

Amber W.

• Customer Support Software

Like all programs: It has it's strengths and limitations

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

This program is imperfect but meets our needs.

Pros

They have great customer service. They also have regular updates and take customer feedback into consideration

Cons

There are many small limitations that make this software annoying. For example it will ask you two times to override a lunch hour, but not alert you that the same patient has the same procedure schedules in the future resulting in double booking appointments.

Lynne B.

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

We have been using Denticon software for years. It's flexibility is refreshing, ease of use is greatly appreciated and if ever we have any questions, technical support response is both rapid and thorough. We have been extremely pleased and recommend it to anyone who is overpaying for software that cannot accommodate a practice in the many ways that Denticon can accommodate a practice. The software has far exceeded my expectations and we have been using Denticon for over eight years. Their staff is professional and one of the best I have ever encountered.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, tech support

Cons

small screen shot

Katti S.

Big Bang for your Buck!

Reviewed on 2020-03-14

Pros

Over the past 8 years of use, Denticon has been easy maneuver. The Automatic recall reminder has made a huge difference as it saves time and has cut down on missed appointments. Charting is a breeze. The cost is extremely reasonable for all its capabilities.

Cons

It would be handy if the Trading partner - Dental Xchange was more easily accessible directly through Denticon- perhaps a drop down option?

Tammy B.

Denticon user for over 10 years

Amazing software to people

Pros

The ease of use, features and support. There customer support should be praised they respond immediately. Knowlegable and helpful. The continuously update their software with enhanced and NEW features...

Cons

Nothing I am pleased with everything. for 10 years a great system

Joy C.

• Customer Support Software

The ONLY multi-office software needed!

Reviewed on 2017-01-13

As our company continues to grow, so does the need for our practice management software. Luckily, the developers at PlanetDDS understand this and are more than willing to accommodate our personal requests to have the software "work" for us. Better communication, better features, more bells and whistles each time they release a new version. Way to stay ahead of the average competition!

Pros

Accessed anywhere in the world! Multiple locations!

Cons

Needing to click on the "refresh" button to update our schedule.

Sarah L.

EFFICIENT & RELIABLE

Reviewed on 2016-10-25

Our office has been with Denticon since the end of 2012. Their software is efficient and is backed-up by wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly support team. They integrate with companies who also gives great service like them. No contract, cloud-based, reliable service, fast support...what else can we ask for more?

Pros

Everthing I said. Great software, cloud-based, integrates with efficient companies, and most of all, their efficient & friendly support team.

Cons

I think the software can have better fonts & looks.

David M.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2016-11-08

After not reading everything correctly, Sandy called me up personally to explain things. She has worked with me through a few options and available possibilities on how to resolve issues. She was very helpful and easy to talk to.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and user friendly

Cons

That you can't set up schedules differently on a weekly basis per provider book.

Scott H.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use but powerful cloud-based dental software

Reviewed on 2018-11-13

Pros

Access from anywhere. Easy to use. Multiple office use is a bonus. Saves all patients information without backups.

Cons

Cost for marketing features should be included, with the cost of the basic software. I understand that anything not automated should have an additional fee.

April H.

• Customer Support Software

Good

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

Pros

Cloud base , intuitive, customized . My
team likes the ability to send suggestions on improving the software. I like the new dashboard.

Cons

Print offs for treatment estimates , payments are not easy to follow. Although I like the dashboard, wish we had the capability to print overdue recalls.

Emilio L.

Claim review

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

Creating and review claims. Posting payments

Pros

Easy flow to post, review, and organize claim

Cons

Speed of void claims, return over payment and the format of the dental programs.

Richard G.

• Customer Support Software

Great cloud-based system, always improving

Reviewed on 2020-06-05

Pros

Great Insurance integration. Good features

Cons

A bit condescending when you submit a problem; yjeu always assume it's your fault

Trudy R.

Great value

Reviewed on 2020-06-01

Pros

Easy to use . Intuitive software. Regular updates.

Cons

Freezes up sometimes. Often have to reboot.

• Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

One of the customer rep is great to work with and super patient with me. Great customer service

Reviewed on 2017-10-05

Understanding the dental world

Pros

Easy to use, love that it can be customized and setup for your clinic. Customer service is fast. Love the techs that been working with me to understand everything

Cons

Entering in new patient paperwork if they didn't on line. Takes too long and I am always Interrupted

Nick C.

Excellent software and support

Reviewed on 2015-09-12

Pros

This software has changed the game at my office. Cloud based is great. The conversion was easy. Scanning charts was work, but that was on us.

Cons

Honestly, I couldn't be happier. The software was super easy to learn. It's probably laid out similar to any other; Just lot of extra abilities

Stuart M.

3 offices using Denticon

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

With 3 busy offices, this software has helped us seamlessly function with scheduling across all offices. One of our favorite aspects is that are constant updates to the software. PlanetDDS truly listen to user feedback and make updates/changes to suit the user needs!

Cindy O.

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

Responsive customer service and the self help portal is very useful! Software updates always incorporate suggestions to increase customizable functionality.

Darien I.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 2018-08-15

Pros

Dentición is really a great dental practice management software. It will help you knock down your expenses by a long shot.

Cons

All internet base could be a little difficult for some people but for most it’s pretty self explanatory

Joshua F.

• Customer Support Software

After years of use, I can't see myself using anything else

Reviewed on 2020-05-28

Denticon has been awesome. I don't deal with the issues of servers, backups, backup storage, security, ransomware, etc., that many of my colleagues have dealt with. My experience has been excellent.

Pros

I love the cloud based access, ease of viewing records, schedules, reports, etc., from any device, including my phone. Excellent training videos for new users. No need to worry about backups and off-site backup storage. No security concerns.

Cons

Sometimes reports are hard to navigate. Sometimes support is challenging with no 800-number support available.