2,271 reviews

2,271 reviews
Victoria O.

Great Product But Customer Support is Poor

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

Great with the product. Terrible with the customer service. We are now actively looking for a replacement.

Pros

I love its ease of use, the ability to track by project, and the ability to customize the templates to fit your needs.

Cons

The customer service is horrendous. No customer support. I've sent 6--SIX--emails requesting help with a major problem. The result...0--ZERO responses 4-5 days later.

The problem: The system isn't notifying me of @mentions. SO I have no idea who is @mentioning me without wading through all of the notifications.

Also, it doesn't allow folks to track their time at the task level and then offer an overview by task. This is essential. The integrations don't do it either. We are having to use a completely separate time tracker and re-write each task. A waste of time.

Tristan H.

Robust Customization Features

Reviewed on 2021-02-25

From the moment I first took a deep dive into Monday.com and it's features, I came away extremely impressed. The ability to create and tweak fully custom layouts is very pleasing and allows for high efficiency production.

Pros

I love the customization features that allow you to create just about anything you desire. The ability to rapidly change the types of views without having to create separate files is incredibly efficient as well.

Cons

There are so many different features and customizable options, that at times it can be a little overwhelming trying to setup the 'perfect' layout.

Ben K.

Never miss a beat!

Reviewed on 2020-05-07

Monday has helped us to lessen missed tasks and deadlines for projects overall. Communication amongst teams has never been easier!

Pros

The design. Monday makes assigning tasks for projects simple. The way the platform is setup is great, modern and easy to navigate for all.

Cons

The integration with Hubspot (the crm we use) could be more streamlined but overall it still accomplishes our main wants and needs

Response from monday

Hey Ben! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We're happy to hear that the platform has been helpful in managing your team's projects. Thank you for sharing that feedback regarding our Hubspot integration -- I'll pass it along to our product team!

Can't Live Without It

Reviewed on 2020-04-08

Awesome! Just overall awesome.

Pros

I honestly couldn't run my business without this at this point. Monday.com has become a vital piece of software for my business and managing my team. I work with a LOT of contractors and clients and I can base everything in Monday.com. I also love how I can customize it to fit whatever project I am working on in a great way.

Cons

1. The mobile app is hard to use in my opinion and takes a little while to navigate.
2. I do find some things I want to customize and do I can't because its not a feature offered by monday.com. Mainly to do with formulas or something like that. The formula options are pretty limiting but thats not a big deal to me.

Cole R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

An Interesting Web-Based Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020-04-04

Monday.com is a terrific cloud/internet based project management software that keeps our projects moving towards our deadlines. While the user interface is not very intuitive, once you take the time to learn its features and functions, you can truly build management boards that keep your tasks and projects well on track for any deadlines. The software has a treasure chest of functions and features that once learned and understood make Monday.com a novel tool.

Pros

In an entire company, Monday.com is wonderful because it truly allows each team and department to build entire boards to manage projects, deadlines, and people specific to their team. These boards can remain visible or private to the remainder of the company; controlling which information is shared and when. Additionally, the seemingly endless amount of editable features on a board allow you to make a board that is very custom and specific to you and you teams needs. For example, you are able to track progress, set deadlines, assign projects, add tags, link to other boards, and upload/link to files. Monday.com can also integrate to your email to send you notifications daily or upon being mentioned.

Cons

Unfortunately, Monday.com's greatest con is that it is not user-friendly, intuitive, or straight-forward to learn. Amongst our organization, I have taken the time to learn the software in greater depth than most and I regularly find myself having to assist and educate my colleagues on how to do what they are trying to accomplish. It does not make for a satisfy initial experience and can often discourage first time users. Similarly, when a user does come across an issue or something that they are unable to complete, their customer service and online forum is not very helpful either.

Jake K.
  • Industry: Design

Easy and addicting!

Reviewed on 2020-03-27

Monday.com makes productivity addicting! Our small team likes seeing our progress and watching as tasks/"pulses" turn green and complete. It's very flexible and customizable. If you can figure out google sheets, you can figure out Monday. Their support team is also pretty good at answering emails quickly and they are very friendly.

Pros

- Monday.com is truly flexible and as easy to customize as a google sheet, but with way more power through smart columns, formulas, automations and integrations
- The color coded status column(s) make it easy to see how things are going at a glance and it's addicting to work as a team towards "all greens"! It's like the professional version of "closing the ring" on apple watch or reaching step goals on fitbit.
- The mobile app is almost as powerful as the web version, though I do wish they would bring "info boxes" on pulses to mobile since right now you can't see or edit those :(

Cons

- Monday.com is a bit expensive if you're a small team. I wish they had per user licenses for small teams instead of bundles.
- The My Week feature is nice to show you all of the tasks from all projects that you have due coming up, but I wish Monday.com let you create a "timeline of timelines" similar to Asana portfolios that let you see how all of your projects are progressing and how much (planned) time is left on them before final deadline etc.

Brendon B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Complex or complete?

Reviewed on 2020-02-10

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in.

All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

Greg A.

The best tool on the market for Team Project Management

Reviewed on 2020-01-19

It's been excellent. Communication with the company has been minimal because we haven't had any issues, but when we have had a question, we've received a prompt response. The software itself was incredibly easy to implement. We had two training sessions for our team and other than an occasional check-in to discuss best practices, our team has been able to use the software without issue. It has helped our office immensely.

Pros

The visual layout and ability for all of our team to very quickly setup tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate has been the best feature of Monday.com. It's drastically different from other project management solutions on the market, but with our team of younger millennials, the visual "gamified" approach to task management (turning things green to mark them complete) has actually increased productivity and even morale. We couldn't be more pleased.

Cons

File sharing and downloading is the slightest bit clunky... we often find ourselves still sharing files via Slack or Dropbox instead of in Monday, but other than that, it's been really great and that's a minor complaint.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Best Team PM Tool Available

Reviewed on 2019-08-22

I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros

Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works.

Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons

Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Jeanne S.

Organized

Reviewed on 2020-01-21

I use Monday daily as do my co-workers. It is a great way to transmit information and store it in one place and when you need to look something up you are not searching emails. Things are neatly sorted and easily accessible. It is user friendly and even the receptionist can look at the schedule and let a client know where we are at with a project.

Pros

This software keeps you organized and on top of due dates. It sends reminder emails and allows you to sort and classify with ease. It is customizable to accommodate the needs of your company - for us we use it to track jobs, bid dates, job information, requests for quotes, schedules, RFI requests, addendums, etc. It is useful for the PM, the field and the estimator and convenient for the accounting department. Allows you to track trends and hit rates as well

Cons

Only the administrator has the ability to make changes and manage users, which can take some time if you have a busy admin.

Diego R.

Very Basic System

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

Support is responsive via email. Expect them to ask you redundant questions and ask for screenshots even though you already provided them in previous emails. We had 2 issues that have no solution that to us are very basic features. See section "Cons"

Pros

The system does help our management and sales team organize the database of prospective students. It does provide a better option than having nothing.

Cons

System is extremely basic. It provides basic formulas and very basic features. For examples:

1) We need to have a list (dropdown or similar) where we choose a career and the system shall pull a price into another column (Total Cost). Dropdown feature is only a single column and it does not allow for this capability. "IF" function/Formula is very basic and on it would be extremely long for 250 career options with multiple universities.

2) We need to have a column call "Total Cost" - done, ok. We need the system to have another column where we can place a number for an amount ("Payment") received by a student. We created a dropdown column that allows you to enter multiple numbers but the "SUM" function/formula does not add all the values entered in the Dropdown column. It only picks up the first value. It is therefore very difficult and manual to calculate commissions for our sales people.

3) System does not allow to relate a record in one board ("STUDENTS") to records in another board "PAYMENTS" to create a one-to-many relationship. It is just a flat list. No crossing of information.

Sarah H.

Monday.com for Project Management

Reviewed on 2020-07-16

The pricing, functionality (especially time tracking), support team, and ease of use have made Monday and exceptional tool that our agency cannot live without.

Pros

Our advertising agency switched from Asana to Monday.com because of the robust and customizable features. We love the ability to add multiple date fields to columns on various boards and the ability to duplicate templates saves us so much time. Monday.com also features very sophisticated templates to apply and modify to your projects. It truly makes project management so much more efficient for us.

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice to update the different boards within a project. When you add new items to a board, you can't necessarily edit different columns. It just replicates the one you've pre-built. It would be nice to have an option to change the columns when needed.

Response from monday

Hey Sarah! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you've had an easy transition to monday.com and enjoy the ability to use it to manage your work. We hear you about having the same column structure for groups across a board and see how it can be a bit annoying. The reason for this is so you can seamlessly move items between groups on a board. If you'd like to view a multiple column structure in one view, you can create multiple boards and view them using the table widget on a dashboard! Let us know if this helps.

Santiago A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

The virtual manager that all work needs

Reviewed on 2019-01-12

In my work, we implemented it and did not need to ask about the responsibility of which task, we all know the scope and response levels of each work team, in addition, it allows us to have the work much more organized, which results in a increase in productivity and less bad times. I have always thought that strategic planning is vital for all work, thanks to Monday.com we have managed to implement it without any problem.

Pros

They have many benefits, but the one I like the most is to see the planning of the tasks that each worker can execute. The assignments by Monday.com allow me to evaluate the response times of each person and the effectiveness they have when fulfilling their responsibilities. It is great to be able to see on a single screen how each task is developed to fulfill the goals. Another aspect that I like very much is the simplicity that it offers to each person that belongs to the work team, not to mention that it is possible to save a lot of money. Another of the elements that I like most about Monday.com is that I can use your platform from any computer with Internet access, it does not limit you to have an update or any other problem that similar programs repeat without correcting.

Cons

Most of your options are wonderful, until now I have not identified a negative aspect that prevents me from doing the daily tasks, they are going in the right direction. If you could lower the monthly costs of your basic plan a little, that way many more companies and individuals will opt for definitively implement monday.com as their permanent planning and work organization system.

Katie C.

• Customer Support Software

A tool that has made my working life easier

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Pros

Monday has been a real help exactly when our team needed it. As our workload has increased meaning working collaboratively across projects has been required Monday has been an amazing tool for keeping on top of tasks, and means I am able to see when other members of the team have completed items or receive up to the minute status updates without needing to constantly check with them. This saves time, has improved communication and given an improved sense of autonomy to team members.
The flexibility of the boards means it has uses across our interior design and project management business, from tracking order admin on each project to keeping track of new leads and planning marketing. I have found the customer support to be excellent and there are useful videos available to help get to grips with using it. Even less technologically advanced older team members have loved using it, setting up the status updates with quick click labels has made this so accessible and quick to update. The iphone app also means you can use on the go, for instance a nagging feeling that something has not been ordered or actioned in the middle of the night can be put to rest within seconds - without having to wait until 9am to check in with team members.

Cons

Needs someone to be technologically aware/ a bit of effort to set up the boards, however it is so easy to use once put the time in it is definitely worth the initial effort.

I would say the main challenge in our business has been getting the whole team on board to
a change in doing things, however even the most resistant team members have quickly got on board as soon as they have given it a chance.

Sarah N.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great for project management

Reviewed on 2021-01-07

I'm not the official project manager in our office, but I do a lot of that type of work. This tool has been really valuable in saving time, ability to track a number of projects at a time with reports and dashboards.

Pros

We use this daily with a team of 50+ people, tracking ongoing projects at various stages. It's a great tool to identify in detail what's going on, and has good reporting features for giving a larger snapshot. We imported data from another management system with success, but suggest double checking everything because there were some missing data that didn't carry over completely or accurately.

Cons

While I do like the reporting and dashboard features, there are some reports that have been difficult to pull. The timeline feature is good in theory, but the view is difficult to see and needs the ability to zoom out more to see a larger amount of time and projects more easily.

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best Business Project and Task Organizing Tool Used to Date

Reviewed on 2020-02-18

We use Monday.com regularly to track almost of all of our ongoing work priorities, and I have not yet seen another tool yet that fits as well with our business processes and team collaboration needs. We expect to continue to use monday.com for the foreseeable future, as they are also constantly adding new features that contribute to the convenience and efficiency of the tool.

Pros

Monday.com provides a great collaborative environment with flexible options for setting up a management system for all office major projects and tasks. It allows work teams to keep track of their own tasks but also easily delegate any tasks to other co-workers and provide updates and inputs all within the same system. The different options for set up provides a template for a wide range of project structures that can be customized in a variety of ways depending on the circumstances.

Cons

There are some limitations in setting up sub-tasks under projects and it was not necessarily intuitive to set up the optimal work structure with the initial set-up of the product, although we figured it out eventually.

Eszter D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020-03-29

This project management software will make your job a lot easier and your team a lot more efficient. I like that I don't need to follow up with everyone every day, I can just send them a request to update the status of their task.

Pros

Monday.com is very easy to use, I have been using it with my team for about 10 months and 6 months ago introduced it to the entire company, everyone liked it so much that all department started using it!

Monday. com has a lot of online video tutorials if you need help setting it up since they have so many options, boards, layouts, integrations etc that for sure you will find one that satisfies your needs. You can set deadlines, create teams, assign team members to different projects, set email reminders so no task left behind!

They always run different promotions when you can upgrade to the next package for a discounted price. I accidentally clicked on the link and upgraded, their customer service was very helpful and responsive and refunded the money right away.

Cons

I had some difficulty figuring out how to use the calendar function, wish I could add items and not just tasks. that are already created.

Joshua M.
  • Industry: Machinery

JNM Rise - monday.com Review

Reviewed on 2020-10-18

Pros

This truly is a great software for those who have businesses with hundreds of moving parts. Monday.com allows out team to stay abreast of current projects underway. With the current Covid climate, this has been critical with interaction between each of my designers or fabricators. The UI is great! Really nice visually, and was easy to adopt by my team. A truly great project management tool.

Cons

There was some challenge moving all the team to this as opposed to having their own individual calendars but that was more of an internal management challenge that we overcame. Once we had committed to the transition, my team fully embraced the challenge and we have been making some significant gains with the implementation.

Simple, powerful AND flexible

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

Company organisation and communication has improved significantly since we started using Monday, with the barriers trello imposed suddenly lifted.

Pros

Not only is Monday easy to use, it is also extremely powerful and able to adapt to a wide range of needs.

Very easy to setup new boards, even without any technical knowledge. Basic technical knowledge can then take it to a whole new level.

Simple for the whole team to use, interact and manage all projects.

Cons

Initially a few minor functional and UX limitations, however these have all been resolved during the last year.

Victor S.

monday.com is the best Dev Manager

Reviewed on 2020-10-15

It has been great to use Monday for management, I should have hired before

Pros

I am using monday in its most expensive version, I decided to invest and it was worth every penny. It is the best software for controlling team tasks, especially if using Scrum in development, it has greatly increased our production

Cons

The tool itself does not have many negative points. Only the price, I believe it is the most expensive product in the category, but it is worth it when well deployed and used

Naomi Y.

Design-oriented project/product managers will love Monday.com!

Reviewed on 2019-08-14

Pros

The UI is the best part of this software tool! It is very simple, clean and very straightforward. Designers and design-oriented team members will love using this as an organizational and tracking tool. Monday.com took the idea of separate "boards" for separate things to another level. They made certain features more intuitive than its competitors and allowed for seamless collaboration on this tool while keeping your own work separate.

Cons

Unfortunately, this tool is not for everyone. Though I mentioned that it had a very seamless design, it is definitely geared more towards designed focused folks or the millennial generation. About half of our team used this daily, but the other half did not touch it at all because they prefer more tradition styles of project management. It is more of a preference in your work style.

Travis G.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great for visual project management

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Overall, great experience. Monday is one of the better project management tools I've found out there. Keeping my team focused and up-to-date is absolutely crucial, and Monday has been able to fill that role perfectly.

Pros

Our team was having a hard time managing projects and keeping stakeholders all in line with updates using just a spreadsheet. Having columns with colored status boxes is great to get a quick overview of what's happening on a project, and then being able to open those individual pieces up and get more detailed notes is great. I like that I can tag other users to give them direct updates. The recent addition of different views, Kanban, Chart, Timeline, etc, is another great tool to visualize what's happening on projects.

Cons

It's a little slow. The desktop app and web app get bogged down quite a bit regardless of how big a project is. I also wish there were options for more updates when deadlines are approaching, more detailed notifications. But they've been slowly adding features, so I could see it coming in the future.

Andres J.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool but price could be improved

Reviewed on 2021-01-28

Great experience. The team likes it, customers like it, and service is great.

Pros

Easy to use interface, good user community, one tool that can make the work of 4 (planning, customers, testing, budgeting) and anything else you turn it into.

Cons

Price. We really like the tool, but price make us think to renew each year, specially when you have free competitors.

Elysa A.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Saved the day

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

Chose this platform after much research and needed to implement it quickly. is the 1st of its kind at our office and people took to it rather well. I'm pretty limited when it comes to IT but it was easy for me to figure it out. whatever questions i had were always promptly answered by a Monday.com employee (by phone or email) and we even set up a couple of Video conference calls to help set me up. Super helpful!

Great customer support
Affordable
Love the interface

Cons

would be great that when you uploaded an excel spreadsheet that it wouldn't chose a column type for you. if it the wrong one, its a pain to change them all. also, if i want to change column type, dont create a new one, simply change the one i selected.

Lacie L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Solved our collaboration issues!

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

As a team, and as a whole we are very happy we found Monday.com

Pros

I love that this software has increased collaboration between out team members. We have an ERP, we have Salesforce, we still love Monday.com for all kinds of projects like trade show planning. It's easy to use, and I'm looking forward to implementing connections with other software.

Cons

The learning curve is super small, but it's there. I wish there was more availability for personal or hidden boards for our members, need a bit more privacy.