Pike13

A cloud-based client management and scheduling solution

4.1 /5 (130 reviews) Write a Review!

Kevin E.

What I LIKE about PIKE!

Reviewed on 2018-09-27

Pike 13 (in particular the support team) have been first-class and first-rate since day 1. The ease of use and the highly-customized features and benefits make me feel like the entire platform was designed personally for me. Customer service makes me feel as if it was designed only for me.

Excellent product. Pike 13 helps me stay engaged in the business of making money (not sitting and staring at a computer trying to get the software aligned with my goals- like so many other products). Pike 13 allows me maximum effectiveness with my clients and business goals.

Pros

High-level functionality and effectiveness made simple. Ease of use makes staff training expedites their ability to utilize benefits right away.

Ability to customize plans and passes.

Reporting capabilities.

Cons

Inability to freeze coaches' schedule once classes have been assigned.

Limited to only 1 email account (especially if they workout at multiple facilities).

Inability to create a multi-facility pass or plan.

Response from Pike13

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are thrilled that you continue to bring your facilities on board with us. I will have your account manager reach out regarding the feedback for more details.

Thanks again!

• Industry: Higher Education Software

It works, but not the best solution for all business.

Reviewed on 2018-09-27

Pros

Users found it relatively easy. I do believe it has a good amount of functions. Was not inherently difficult to utilize.

Cons

Pricing. Find it slightly high for what it offers. But never been a fan of "upgrade after upgrade." I want the tools up front and center. I do not like discovering what I want, costs more.

Response from Pike13

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. I apologize for your experience in upgrading. We will be sure to share this feedback with the team. Please reach out to our team at [email protected] if you would like to go over any questions about the software or your experience. I would be happy to go over them.

Jamie G.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

FrontDeskHQ is the best client software on the market!

Reviewed on 2016-08-22

I have been with FDHQ from the very beginning. Not only did they start off with a very solid product, they have improved incrementally over the years. They know their "Why" and do not stray from what they are really good at.

Pros

Ease of use. I can train new staff members very quickly in how to use FDHQ. The mobile functionality is great, too.

Cons

I wish their were billets for class services. That way I could assign different pay rates for each class to the same person for doing different jobs.

It would be a lot cleaner of a look if the FDHQ website could be separated by services and embedded into the gym website. Also, this would create a more seamless experience for the user.

Courses need to have wait lists.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad that you are so happy with Front Desk, and we appreciate that you've stayed with us for so long!

Your feedback is important to us as we continue to improve and build our product, and the reporting feature is one of the areas that we're looking at.

I am happy to tell you that we very recently rolled out waitlists for classes. Hopefully that will make your life a bit easier! You can see how to enable the feature here: https://frontdeskhq.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205838123-Enabling-a-Waitlist-on-a-Class

Don't hesitate to contact our support team at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Katie and the Front Desk Team

Julie S.

• Customer Support Software

Pike13 works very well for our 85+ swim school franchise. User-friendly and quick learning...

Reviewed on 2018-03-16

Pros

The software is very user friendly and has a quick learning curve for new users. Scheduling classes, managing multiple locations, processing automatic recurring billing for tuition, and booking recurring appointments are at the top of the list.
Having the ability to see class openings across the week allows staff to quickly sell enrollments to new and existing customers. Scheduling new classes is a simple process with just a few clicks. Customizing memberships is also a simple process and billing is automatic.
Pike13's Customer Service is outstanding and they really listen to feedback from their clients.

Cons

The lag time in reporting is frustrating. I would like to see all reporting in real-time. I would also like the ability from the Franchisor side to control the standard service offerings across all locations.

Response from Pike13

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for the review. We are thrilled that so many things work well for the franchisees and corporate. And we appreciate the feedback on how the product can be improved. We will continue to make updates to the software and are happy to have you and your team with us while we do this!

Jeramiah J.

• Customer Support Software

Pretty good, a bit overpriced.

Reviewed on 2018-12-07

Pros

Pike 13 is super intuitive and easy to use. If it has the function, you'll be able to find it and utilize it rather easily. Customer service was always quick to respond to my needs, although it was limited to emails only -- no call center.

Cons

For the overall functionality compared to other brands, I think Pike13 is overpriced. Also, the ability to put training plans on hold was supposedly a feature this software had, but it didn't work correctly; it gave my clients significantly more sessions than they had paid for. Pike13 admitted to me that it didn't work correctly and said they didn't have the resources to make the fix anytime soon. As an independent trainer I needed the ability to put training plans on hold for when I or my client's went on vacation, got sick, etc., so I found another software provider at a much lower cost.

Response from Pike13

Hi Jeramiah,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to see you go, but understand you need to do what is best for your business. We appreciate you taking the time to review our product.

Serenity H.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

New User Review (1 year)

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

For the amount of Clients and Staff we have, the program simplicity is much needed and great for our community. Customer Service and Set-up/Account Rep are quick to respond, friendly, and work with you to get things resolved. This is one of the main reasons we enjoy Pike13 for our business so far. Although we are waiting for some better feature/functionality developments to give it all 5 stars.

Pros

Customer Service is superb and best in the business.
Ease and simplicity in teaching staff and clients to use on front and back ends.
Notices posted at the Top of Pike13 when developments/updates are coming.

Cons

As a newer product, features need development to increase efficiency. The ease of use can also hinder needed functions when trying to make things too minimal. Examples: App, Kiosk, Services, No Charge Services, Use of Gift Certificates, etc.

Response from Pike13

Hi Serenity,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We all enjoy working with you and your team.

We value your use cases and feedback, so please continue to share that with our customer care team and your account manager. While we cannot make all changes, as we make enhancements, it is great to understand how the product is used and the functionalities desired.

Kimberly S.

• Customer Support Software

Limited features and terrible customer service

Reviewed on 2020-12-24

Pros

Pike13 is easy to set up and easy to use for the most basic services.

Cons

Features are limited, reporting is also limited. Website navigation is not user friendly or intuitive (until recently there was no "back" button and even now the "back" button is limited to a small range of functions. Customer service can be responsive, but generally is unable to do much to help you.

Response from Pike13

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for providing your feedback on our software. I am sorry to hear that our customer service was lacking and will do a deep dive into the interactions our team had with your business and coach where needed.

We wish you the best going forward.

Director of Customer Success

Liz P.

Not worth it

Reviewed on 2017-04-18

I have been doing using FrontDeskHQ as my platform for my clients and facility for over 2 years, and they started out great! Online they taught me the ins/outs about how to use the features & functions, but soon they started changing them periodically and randomly, and inefficiently. What I could control among each client would depend on WHEN I acquired that client, and there was no way to change those. If I want to change a class, I have to go into each one individually; so not having a systematic way of updating current classes seems archaic. When they try fixing things it is dependent on me taking screen shots of every problem I am having, which I nor my clients don't have time to do and shouldn't be expected to. They are constantly trying to update their system, but the fact they still use both "new" and "classical" reporting systems makes financials a bit confusing. They have been charging more and more each month, and they blame it on the merchant processor, who then blames it back on FrontDesk HQ. Every time I ask about my rate they say I have the "old rate", but each month over more than triple that amount gets charged to my account, and it has nothing to do with my revenue! When I ask the merchant to explain the rate, they speak to me condescendingly and promise they have the lowest rate in the industry. I cannot wait to try all these other products offered out there. Don't waste your time, it's a very inefficient product.

Pros

Clients think it is easy, and they have updated their system to send reminder emails and allow clients to get on a waitlist! Been wanting that for a long time.

Cons

Dishonest rates, lack of quality systematic improvement making things more efficient for the trainer.

Kristen H.

• Customer Support Software

The Pike13 team is great at helping us work with the software to meet our unique needs.

Reviewed on 2018-06-06

Pros

Deatiled reporting options. Easy check-in.

Cons

Lots of steps to sign people up then check them into a service. Too little information visible when you check someone into a service. Notifications about missed payments or notes on the client are not visible immediately upon lookup/check in.

Response from Pike13

Hi Kristen,

Thank you so much for the review and the feedback. It is good to see what our customers would like to see to make their every day tasks easier. As we continue to improve our product, we will keep you updated.

Larry K.

Don't waste your time

Reviewed on 2016-11-18

All too common software company switchero. They promise functionality, flexibility, and support, all of which mysteriously vanish once you are invested in the product enough that they hope the energy required to switch products is high enough that you make due with crap you have.

They have changed my pricing structure without my permission. They took away functionality despite my protest, and they have began trying to up-sell me on features and functionality that I have not requested nor desire. It's silliness like this that make me want to get into the software business, because apparently you can say whatever you want to make the sale and never actually have to deliver on those promises.

The most recent scam is to take away the reporting features I have been using for three years in order to "upgrade" me to a more expensive option that requires more of my time to figure out. Not helpful, not designed to be helpful.

Pros

the sales pitch

Cons

the actual product that came after the sales pitch

Response from Front Desk

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry you feel like you have wasted your time using Front Desk. We believe in transparent pricing and will not change a customer's subscription without permission.

We are in the process of transitioning from Classic Reporting to New Reporting so business owners can gain better insights about the health of their business.

We're happy to make this transition as smooth as possible for your business. Please give our Customer Care team a call at 855-417-7120 and someone on the team will walk you through New Reporting.

Best,
Kris and the Front Desk team

Jennifer R.

Thank You Front Desk!!!

Reviewed on 2014-06-10

As a USA Triathlon Level I Coach, who supplements strength training classes into workouts for athletes, I needed to organize my schedule and make it easier for me. During the weeks, I have One on One clients, along with The Strongest Mile Classes, and Pool WOD's. During the weekends, I was offering Pose Method Running Clinics, The Strongest Mile Seminars, Pool WOD's and 5k's. I couldn't keep up with who was coming to what and when.

I knew about other calendars for businesses but I was not a fan. My web designer suggested I get on the Apple Store App and look around. Not sure what I plugged in but there was 'Front Desk.' It looked simple. It looked clean. It looked fresh. I did some research, chatted with Front Desk and reached out to a CrossFit Gym in Dallas for their opinion. I was hooked.

Front Desk staff has been absolutely WONDERFUL with my business and this journey. Since, I am not your 'typical gym', who has classes all through the week, it was something different that we had to work with. I have my triathletes sign up with Front Desk, so they have reoccurring payments. I have The Strongest Mile classes and the Pool WOD's athletes sign up on Front Desk, so I can keep them accountable. I have my runners sign up for the Pose Clinics because I do those all over town.

If you want a calendar for your business, I highly recommend Front Desk. They will do everything to help you out! I have ALWAYS had positive response from them. If it isn't fixed, they will figure it out. Thank you Front Desk for taking care of my business and making my life a lot easier!

~Jennifer Rulon

Joe P.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

station ahtletics

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

wonderful customer service very helpful and respond very quickly.

Pros

Great software for multi gym owner. Easy to transfer info and get accurate information

Cons

was a little challenging for myself to learn but i am not super tech savy.

Response from Pike13

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate it very much. It is also great to see your growth over the last year and we're excited to see what happens over this next year!

Erin H.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and easy to recommend.

Reviewed on 2018-11-17

Pros

The flexibility of the features. I can tailor them to my business needs.

Cons

I wish that my franchise company would invest in an app for my clients as I can't do that myself, it has to be company wide.

Response from Pike13

Hi Erin,

Thank you so much for the review. We enjoyed meeting you so much and speaking with you! I hope to see progress on the feedback you provided.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

User-friendly for end users to book classes. On the company side also user-friendly to administer classes and sessions.

Cons

The back end reporting functionality is cumbersome and not user-friendly. Makes analytics challenging​.

Response from Pike13

Hello,

Thank you for providing feedback. If you are interested in discussing your reporting concerns, please reach out to our team at [email protected] Our team is happy to set up a call to go over your questions.

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

It works flawlessly and customer support is great

Reviewed on 2017-12-21

I don't need to spend a lot of time on issues. It works well and integrates with my email marketing.

Pros

It's very easy to use and the migration from another software system was easy. We had a lot of support. The training was great and they get back to us quickly when we need help.

Cons

I wish the online store for merchandise was viewable for clients and it would be great if the app had notifications for marketing and promotion for students.

Adolphe K.

Memberships
Emails
Phone #s
Credit Card Details

Pros

Easy to Use & Organized !
Members are able to easily access the schedule, their profiles and plans !

Cons

Nothing !
I think it is a fantastic system for any gym/studio that has a membership or class base.

Response from Pike13

Hi Adolphe,

Thank you so much for the review! We truly appreciate feedback from our customers.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Simple and just what I need

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

Pros

This software is very easy to use and very simple which made it easy to learn. I enjoy using the communication features to work with my team.

Cons

I do enjoy the simplicity and user interface but would like to see more custom features in the future.

Sam H.
  • Industry: Sports

Night mare

Reviewed on 2016-08-28

One of the worst experience of my life, I would never recommend anyone to waste their time. It's completely ways of time.

Pros

If you have any question you have to wait days to receive auto reply.
Very old and complicated system.

Cons

Very complicated

Response from Front Desk

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking time to review Front Desk. We're sorry you feel the way you do.

Our Customer Care team has spent a considerable amount of time supporting your business and have been very responsive to your requests for help.

Our goal is to empower you to run your business through Front Desk and we're always happy to coach you through things.

Please email us at [email protected] and someone on our Customer Care team will assist you.

Best,
Kris and the Front Desk team

Joe S.

Front Desk HQ = Great Web-Based Software

Reviewed on 2014-07-09

We've used Front Desk HQ at our facilities for approximately 5 months. The mobile application and web-based platform make for an extremely useful product. It has improved our membership management efficiency from billing to scheduling and reporting. The ability to pull and modify our program and member information from any location on the go is a great tool! The best part of the software is their responsiveness and customer service. They constantly strive to improve their product and improve the user experience. I would recommend it to any company looking to improve their processes.

Pros

Customer Service, Mobile application, Ease of use

Cons

Reporting functionality (though it is being upgraded soon)

Rich G.

Front Desk review from Chemical City CrossFit

Reviewed on 2015-07-17

Front desk is easy to set-up and get things started. It runs on many platforms, allowing it to be accessible nearly 24x7. It is vital to running our business. The weakest link for us so far is being able to enter quantities on merchandise purchases. For example, we sell FitAid at our gym. Rather than charge for each purchase we tally all the purchases for a month (e.g. 8) and then charge the client at the end of the month. In Front Desk we have to duplicate the purchase of a single can of FitAid 8 times.

Response from Front Desk

Rich, thanks for your kind words. Sorry to hear about your troubles with inventory¿we're hoping to make that area of the product more robust soon!

Sirena B.

I've used them all and I haven't looked since using Front Desk

Reviewed on 2015-05-06

I'm an independent trainer seeing about 18-25 clients a week at a shared studio and I've tried several platforms and since I switched to FD over a year ago, I have not looked back.

Extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. Love the client notifications/reminders, and integration with MailChimp and the access to a merchant account.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Sirena! Thank you so much for your great review. We're glad to hear that you're happy with Front Desk and love to be able to work with awesome clients like you.

Sam B.

Reviewed on 2016-04-28

Neil Y.

• Customer Support Software

Very impressive and easy to use

Reviewed on 2015-09-02

Really loved how structured and seamless the software was and it made out business run much more smoothly.

Easily integrated into our website and the Frontdesk customer service was insanely good if we ever ran into problems with regards to our knowledge of the software.

Would recommend this software for any sports academies looking to streamline their interactions with clients and schedules.

Andrew L.

Phenomenal Experience

Reviewed on 2015-06-16

Pros-Simple, simple, simple. Love the ease of use and adaptability of FDHQ. Fast customer service and tutorials.

Cons-Na

Response from Front Desk

Thanks for the great review, Andrew. Simple is in our DNA :) Glad you appreciate it and have had a good experience

Kristena T.

• Customer Support Software

Would be perfect if it let you PRINT rosters and info

Reviewed on 2014-12-26

We went through the demo and set up a trial event. Easy to customize and set up. Thought this would be perfect solution for us, until we discovered there is no way to print or export any information about attendees. A pleasant customer service conversation confirmed that the solution was designed as a mobile-only solution. We need a solution that prints rosters, exports attendee data for name badges, etc. Surprising that this basic functionality is not included. Really too bad, because it had everything else on our requirements list.