Pike13

A cloud-based client management and scheduling solution

4.0/5
3.9/5
4.0/5
Customer Support Software
4.1/5

David L.

Good system, Excellent/Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018-09-05

The best aspect Pike13 has brought to my business is organization of scheduling and billing, including how the business is doing. I would, however, like to see more qualifiers in the "Insight" dashboard, of monthly financials, customer growth, with a more drag and drop method of viewing what I want to see...in other words more of the quick snapshots that all businesses want to look at quickly, without making everything only buildable reporting, that I have to spend a lot ot time learning and creating, etc....more like QuickBooks, or typical Dashboard applications that display what's going on with the business.

Pros

No doubt, dependability of the system, being available but the support is really excellent. They know the system they support and response to issues as well as resolution is one of the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

The system is applicable to private instruction businesses, such as music lessons, but the mindset of being able to adapt the system to bring the best user experience to people of the business world of the Arts, such as music education, can be a struggle and I have asked for some changes in future upgrades but have yet to see them. For example - being able to edit naming like clients to students, or allowing automatic attendance taken, enabling the instructor to only need to manually change for cancellations, etc. There needs to be a part of the applications design that can address the broader needs of their targeted customers, such as a music school and not a one size fits all, like an exercise business.

Response from Pike13

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. We value you, Anita, and your business.

Please continue working with our team to provide feedback and suggestions on improvements. It is important for us to understand how businesses work and use cases as we create new features and enhancements to our product.

Jim M.

• Customer Support Software

Our experience with Pike 13.

Reviewed on 2018-09-22

Pike 13 satisfies 85% of our business needs. Their alliance with TransNational provides speedy and affordable payment processing. Their customer service has been exceptional even when their answer is no!
Their platform works well with multiple locations. Their financial reporting is excellent and the payroll module is accommodating to a wide variety of compensation plans.

Pros

Pike 13 is robust enough to provide the services and information that we need to operate our business without being overly complex. Ease of use and adaption for multiple locations is a bug plus.

Cons

There are 3 things on our "Don't like" list. These items have been on our "Don't like" list since 2013. It's pretty likely that they will remain there since they are not a priority to Pike 13.
We continue to struggle with member reporting.
Dashboard information is not customizable. We get information that Pike thinks is important, not what we think is important.
The merchandise sales portion of the software is not user friendly. POS transactions are multi step time consuming processes, and doubly so if a customer wants to purchase more than 1 item.

Response from Pike13

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this review and your feedback. We appreciate your candor.

As we make changes to the product and reporting, we will work with your account manager to ensure we are taking your needs and use cases into consideration. Please continue providing feedback and specific details on what you would like to see so we have something to reference if we make changes to reporting and merchandise.

Ilias B.

• Customer Support Software

Review from a Salsa school owner

Reviewed on 2016-04-11

I tested many management systems and my final choice was Front Desk.

The main reason is that the front end and back end are well thought out and well layout. It doesn't take university level training to run this platform. It was made to be simple first. When testing some other platforms i would get lost in the setup process and I'm very knowledgeable of all tech stuff...

The sales staff and support staff is uber friendly and you always get the impression you're calling a friend....

Here in Quebec we have bilingual costumers. The system doesn't allow on the costumer side to pick their language. Once you pick your language all the system will reflect that language. This is an issue for some of our costumers and this could be a cool options to offer in the near future. Also, some of the french translation are bizarre and inaccurate' and some sections aren't fully translated.

There's some annoying bugs ( i already sent all this to their support team)

1. Locations don't display correctly this is confusing for my customers... Its been a couple of months and it hasn't been fixed... We have 3 locations and sometimes the incorrect location would show up on the client sent bills... I always get confused clients calls)
2. Not having a direct call line was a problem sometimes...
3. Bugs are fixed a little slow to my liking.
4. The selling enrollment layout on the admin side is just a mess' we have about 40 enrollments that we sell and they are organized randomly' we can't manually organize them either' so every time we sell stuff we have to go one by one' we loose a lot of time doing this.
5. There's no possibility to show and make a client accept terms and conditions in enrollments' its possible in classes but not enrollments' don't understand why?

Pros
Friendly customer service
Easy to setup
Clear Apple like layout
Cons
No possibility to call... They will call you if you request'
Email support sometimes slow to respond more than 48 hours
Follow up on bugs is somewhat shaky.. sometimes I wouldn't get a return email
95% of our clients didn't sign the Docusign waiver upon registering' so the implementation of this option is not great
More bugs than I expected

Future wants
Capacity to segment each class in man and women section. Very use full when you run a latin dance school ( Mindbody gives you this option by putting a lead and follow option to each class )

Richard P.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent software rich with features

Reviewed on 2016-08-22

We've been using FD for 3 years and we have grown to rely on it and trust it. We especially like the thoughtfulness of features like time zone support that its competitors do NOT have.

Pros

It is scalable and there is plenty of room for us to grow into it. The new bulk enrollment feature makes it easier than ever.

Cons

No customer service telephone support. Can't tag plans and passes so they appear where you want them in the menu which forces you to make custom HTML menus. Clients sometimes find the interface confusing mainly because you can't just sign up for a class or workshop without going to the date of that class or work shop first.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm happy you're enjoying Front Desk so far and we really appreciate your feedback.

I would like to schedule a call with you to address your concerns and share some upcoming updates to our customer service offerings.

To schedule a time that works well for you, please email me at [email protected] and reference my reply to your review.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Manager, Customer Care at Front Desk

Shannon B.

• Customer Support Software

Great Software. Improves our Business!

Reviewed on 2016-08-22

Front Desk is awesome. Great, easy interface that maximizes the potential for our business. We have been able to manage our clients more efficiently and haven't even reached the tip of the iceberg on what we can do with the functionality.

Pros

Easy to use. Great reporting. Extensive capacity on capabilities for varied business models. Makes life a heck of a lot easier!

Cons

Depending on the customer service rep you get will depend on your service. Overall we have had an incredible time with their customer service, however sometimes they can be short with you and not fully answer your questions (to be fair- I have a lot of them so I would be short with me too). My only wish is that we had a little more offering of phone calls or webinars to review some more complex solutions.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Shannon,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you're enjoying Front Desk so far and we really appreciate your feedback.

We're sorry you haven't had an amazing customer service experience with every member of our team and I would like to schedule a call with you to discuss your experience in greater detail.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Best,
Manager, Customer Care at Front Desk

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Music

Music School using Pike13

Reviewed on 2019-02-01

I really like the system if the refund can be fixed.

Pros

It schedules, emails clients, bills, reports and keeps me on track.

Cons

The refund process, there is no safety net. If you have a new employee they could easily refund the tuition without any stop gap. There needs to be a level of security such only allowing owner level to refund, at the very least force you to comment why your refunding or have to put a code in. We deal with thousands of dollars and it could all be refunded with 1 click of the mouse. I have used this software for almost 3 years and have to train that NO one other than me is allowed to refund.

Response from Pike13

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to review the software and provide feedback on the refund process. We have provided your feedback and scenarios to our team.

Director of Customer Success

Robert O.

Front Desk Review

Reviewed on 2018-09-05

I use the system daily for membership management, product sales, and analytics. When I have an issue, I send an email to support and almost immediately get an email response saying my request was received. Then q direct me mail from a support engineer follows soon afterwards. I've used it for 2 years and rarely have any major issues. It is quite reliable and now with the mobile apps, makes using the system that much easier.

Pros

Cloud based with extensive documentation and very reliable customer support.

Cons

Non integration with Square technology. We are now using Square for some merchandise sales and it would be nice to have the two work together, with Pike13 being the source of all data.

Response from Pike13

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review and feedback. We enjoy working with you and value your business.

James B.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great service

Reviewed on 2020-02-12

Over all, as my first booking software, I loved it. It was great.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] first off all, the account manager helped me a lot. thank you.

Secondly, the system works great, it has many great features and I enjoyed using it.I was able to easily figure every piece of the system out with relative ease. Also, love the widget feature.

Cons

It wasn't always easy to get ahold of someone to help with issues.

Response from Pike13

Hi James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product and providing feedback. We appreciated having you as a customer and wish you the best going forward.

Director of Customer Success

Pike13 is a great user friendly CRM

Reviewed on 2018-08-07

All in all the software was excellent for what we needed. Hated that we outgrew it.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the software. We were able to create training for our other locations with ease. Onboarding was so quick when we hired a new staff member.

Cons

As our company was growing we needed members to be able to go to any location they wanted to and check in with their original account. The software wouldn't allow for this.

Response from Pike13

Hello,

We truly appreciate the review and feedback. So sorry to hear we could not support the growth of your business, but happy we had a chance to work with you as you grew. Best of luck going forward!

Christian I.

• Customer Support Software

Poor development - no improvement in 2 years - Biggest Change was their name to confuse...

Reviewed on 2018-01-27

Appointments for coaches, payscale, that's about it.

Pros

works on mobile and ipad through web function, easy to take attendance in sessions, easy to see client images. payscale for paying coaches per client is best feature.

Cons

again, no improvements in two years, hasn't updated any feature for sales, integration, Zapier integration - poor leadership, went to report functions as their key improvement for past two years, but doesn't work, integrate with Zapier or Google Sheets, doesn't allow shared reporting, so each staff person has to customize their own reports leaving a business to have more time on boarding, rather than less time to onboard. Focus was supposed to be easy for people to buy online and is actually the worst software to purchase online for parents of kids in a sports program. Lost thousands of dollars went we went to Front Desk from EZ Facility. As a former ICON Small Business Finalist with Infusionsoft, I DO NOT recommend this software to anyone wanting over per year in revenue. We've had to modify every feature of the software to make it work, would leave in a heartbeat if it didn't waste thousands of dollars in changing.

Response from Pike13

Hello Christian,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback of the software. I know you have been in communication with your account manager and discussed your concerns. Please continue reaching out to him.

Heather S.

• Customer Support Software

I am THE WORST when it comes to technology, but I know we couldn't do it without Pike.

Reviewed on 2018-06-01

running our business remotely

Pros

NOTHING compares to your support. We are a small gym so as the owner/operator, I ma also the person handling all things with Pike. Without her I would have to return to MindBody and I do not want to do that. It is lifesaving to know I have a lifeline when I don't understand something.

Cons

The time it takes to get a notification in my inbox that someone hasn't paid their billing months. Reporting is clunky for me as I try to use the filters.

Response from Pike13

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much for the review and the feedback. We really enjoy working with you and seeing your business grow!

Scott U.

CrossFit Threefold review

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

Overall we are satisfied as any problems we had were resolved

Pros

Client kiosk and seperate business app

Our account manager has bee excellent to work with

Cons

There had been some glitches on our iPad that when we had kiosk sign in up would transfer to business side of things causing a security breach with our athletes information

Response from Pike13

Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and share your experience with us. We appreciate it very much!

Justin R.

Misleading Sales Team and Poor Membership Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

I would discourage anyone looking into Pike13 to look elsewhere. This is not an honest company and you will be locked into a long contract you will not be able to get out of for a full year. Mindbody, Zenrez and other fitness software provide much better customer service and a much more honest experience.

Pros

Their Mailchimp integration is great. While there is no way to section clients based on membership purchased, it gives us some great ways to follow up with clients. Although this is more thanks to MailChimp's versatility, not so much Pike13's.

Cons

We were sold a contract to this software on a false pretense. We were told that their software integrates with a third party site (ClassPass). Once we signed the contract, management informed us that the integration was not working, but would be fixed. It is now close to 5 months later and there has been no progress made. They also refused to compensate us, or take any responsibility for any inconvenience they have caused. There are several other components of the software which are also significantly inferior to Mindbody Online and other fitness studio software.

Response from Pike13

Hello Justin,

I am sorry for the poor experience with Pike13. Your account manager will reach out to you soon and provide your options moving forward.

Al M.

• Customer Support Software

Good software with some growing pains

Reviewed on 2014-09-03

Does many things well BUT lacks owner/manager total control.

My major gripe is the lack of giving the owner complete control (customization) of all aspects of the financials per client. My business model is monthly plans where a client trains 8-12x/month with a contract commitment of 3, 6, to 12 months.

Here are some gripes:
1) Partial Payments:

2) Flexibility of Plans/contracts:

3) Scheduler:

Here are my applause points:
1) Customer service:

2) Client Communication:

3) Flexible monthly rate:

4) Online documents:

In conclusion:
A good software with some growing pains.
Front Desk has the potential to be one of the best. The payment/billing aspect is where I had the most issues due to that lack of per client customization.
Allow one to change a due date that is reflective in the billing cycle and the plan without having the user to jump through hoops.
Allow user to add (by picking time slot), change, cancel, view remaining sessions.
Allow the user to accept partial payments and the ability for software to reflect the accuracy of payments per client.

Response from Front Desk

We appreciate the review and kind words!

A few of the things you touched on...

Regarding partial payments, many Front Desk businesses have requested this feature in various ways¿as account balances, deposits on courses, split payments, and gift cards. So we share your passion about getting it done as quickly as possible. That said, payments-related features require extra attention. As you can understand, we need to be especially careful about mapping out every angle to make sure that financial data is totally safe. Our goal is to have a solution in place by late fall.

When it comes to the flexibility of plans, we have many possible ways to configure your client plans to fit your business, but at this time plans with a specified number of visits per month will refresh at the beginning each calendar month opposed to a chosen billing date. This isn't an issue many of our clients face and/or they've been able to work around. We hope to be able to fill this need 100% in the future.

Marty M.

• Customer Support Software

Using Front Desk keeps me out of the office!

Reviewed on 2014-11-26

Since switching to front desk over a year and a half ago, my life has become so much easier.
Gone are the days in the office, stressing over who's working what, when, and with who. In addition, how that client is going to pay, and is their paperwork complete? It's all stored in Front Desk. Processing a payment, or even making a refund, or partial refund, is so easy.

For payroll, running payroll has gotten way easier. In addition to Front Desk being able to run a report of days worked and the pay associated with it, it gives the staff something that payroll companies can't - a detailed list of all that info right in their profile.

With our programs requiring us to travel to different parts of the country, from state to national parks and more, I can easily add a day, book a client, and do anything else that front desk offers while I'm traveling from my phone, tablet, or computer.

The flipside, the only thing I can comment on is it takes some time to put in all the programs you offer - client instructions, times, payroll, etc. However, you need to put that time in somewhere, and putting it all in once and only once makes everything so much easier afterward.

Would I recommend it, you bet!!

David A.

Software is Stagnant - No significant improvements in over a year

Reviewed on 2018-01-04

Pros

It has good uptime. It doesn't charge per-user or per-staff. That is a pleasant difference. Not much else.

Cons

Super slow. Reporting functionality is lousy. Doesn't integrate with other services, particularly Zapier. Waivers generated are flawed and have cost me hundreds of dollars in lost revenue.

Response from Pike13

Hi David,

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our software. We appreciate your feedback and honesty. Your account manager reached out to you shortly after the review was left. I hope you have had a chance to connect with him and discuss things.

Marty M.

• Customer Support Software

Front desk allows me to have my office anywhere!

Reviewed on 2015-06-30

Pros:
Allows me to run my business where ever the job takes me - trailheads, cliffs, mountains, traveling to and from, and Friday night parties . I can schedule clients, schedule guides, create new programs, run payroll, run detailed reporting, as well as other needs.

Cons:
There's not many, but if I were to make a wish list-
Have waivers expire after a program time so clients can re-sign when needed

Have a way for minors to sign The waiver as well as their guardians

Have a way to track locations within the notes or other method staff can add after the program has run

The integration I heard about with Zen payroll

A way to select clients out of the list and send a special email- from the front desk software

A way to store PDF documents to each profile

Response from Front Desk

Hey Marty thanks for the review! Love hearing that Front Desk lets you keep your social life while still running your business like a pro :)

David D.

Front Desk is a cool tool!

Reviewed on 2017-07-11

Pros

Front Desk is a really cool, new tool! We have used this product for just a little while, and its been really great. Great way to communicate with the team!

Cons

Overall the product is fairly easy. However, in the beginning it was a little tricky to get used to. I would say the only con, would be not the easiest to use. But you will get used to it!!

Oscar C.

• Customer Support Software

You are paying to beta test their horrible software

Reviewed on 2016-04-04

Frontdesk looks sleek and their marketing and sales team do a hell of a job getting you on board. Where Frontdesk fails is in nearly every aspect afterwards. Their reporting functionality to access your data in an easy-to-read format is a joke and extremely buggy. The frontdesk platform will spam your clients with alerts on a near constant basis THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER.

Furthermore their customer service team is laughably bad, with little cohesion between support specialists and empty promises to fix bugs that have existed for months.

If you relish in paying a monthly fee (plus a sizable percent of your transactions) to beta test software for a company then by all means choose frontdesk. However, if you value your sanity, time, and hairline then for the love of god look elsewhere.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry you've had a bad experience using Front Desk and we would like to see if there is anything we can do to make things better.

I reviewed your recent correspondence history with us and I'm having difficulty finding any open issues that you reported.

We'll reach out to you directly to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Sincerely,
Manager of Customer Support

Kellie G.

• Customer Support Software

Not user friendly on the management side. Then we got sold to transnational merch. Horrible!

Reviewed on 2016-07-19

Not capturing $ before clients are let into sight! I have over 100 members but only 30 paying! I am working on this product daily....too much time

Pros

nothing

Cons

not user friendly. no audit on account to see if you set up right. we needed merch services and were sold to transnational, who sold to data plus AND transnational and data plus want that $185. compliance fee....

Response from Front Desk

Hi Kellie,

Thank you for your review. We take feedback very seriously, and we're sorry that you are having trouble. I understand that you¿ve already been working with Kris to help resolve some of your issues, and we'd like to continue working with you to meet your business needs. Please feel free to call us or email us at [email protected], and our support team would be happy to help. Again, we're sorry that your experience has not met your expectations.

Sincerely,
The Front Desk Team

Sam D.

• Customer Support Software

Head and shoulders above the rest.

Reviewed on 2014-06-17

Finally, a product for personal service businesses that is modern, built for mobile, and that is a PLEASURE to use. Just spending a couple of minutes with this platform will make you realize how far beyond its competitors it truly is.

Their customer support is exceptional, and they're constantly adding new features to the product. If you offer appointments or group events of any kind, you HAVE to check these guys out.

Jasper B.

• Customer Support Software

I run an online coaching company so we use Front Desk for billing

Reviewed on 2015-12-21

Lots of great stuff- easy to use, easy to set people up etc. One issue we had was when one client was being billed via our business and another through Front Desk, Front Desk was getting confused because the same person had multiple accounts- it was not recognizing that the same person could have two different interactions going on with two different companies- still not sure if it's resolved.

Ac R.

• Customer Support Software

easy to use, friendly software

Reviewed on 2015-07-07

I don't have to worry about this software. Clients and instructors are consistently impressed by its ease of use. I wish it was more flexible as my needs seem different, but the well laid out parameters keep me in line with the system. Reporting is still confusing.
I wish there was a way to send a reminder for an existing purchase request.

Nicole V.

Easy, Convenient, Accessible, Affordable

Reviewed on 2015-07-17

Front Desk is the backbone of our operations. We use it for all scheduling, appointments, services, payments, and event registrations. It looks great, is easy to use, has a variety of functions, reporting capabilities, and custom options. Furthermore, their Customer Service is exceptional!! They are always helpful, friendly, and resourceful.

Lindsey M.

• Customer Support Software

Overall review

Reviewed on 2014-07-09

Customer service is amazing! Any time I need help, have a question, etc FD is always super helpful.

I run my entire business through front desk and 100% trust it will be done correctly making it stress free for me as the owner.