Benchmark Email

Email marketing service provider

4.3 /5 (151 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.9
Verity L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

User-friendly, Great Support

Reviewed on 2020-09-20

I send out a great many videos and wouldn't use a email service without this capability. My trial period was cut short due to the limitations on a free account, forcing me to pay before I had a chance to evaluate the platform. I feel there should be special pricing for a Non-Profit. I'd like to see unlimited contacts and due to a paid account, have unlimited emails.

Pros

I've experienced great support and sending my first email was fairly easy. Drag & Drop feature is a good selling point.

Cons

The editor is slow and I set the line spacing but it seems to choose what it wants.

Derrick C.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros

Easy to Use
Clean layout
Ease of customizing templates
Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons

Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand
Too many glitches when working in templates
Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct
The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links
A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed
No Spell check function anymore
The image editor is not that great
uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Benchmark

Hello Derrick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Does basic functions well

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros

Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons

Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Marvin B.
Company size: Self Employed

Great product

Reviewed on 2019-06-11

The biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster

Pros

Automation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns

Cons

Nothing at all that I can think of.

Response from Benchmark

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business.

- Benchmark Team

Gabriella D.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Everything you need, all in one place!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019-05-31

We were really struggling to get customers to leave reviews about their experience and by sending out email blasts to them with clickable articles and links, we increased our reviews.

Pros

I love that benchmark has several different templates to choose from so that you don't have to start from scratch as a new user. Benchmark also makes it so easy to schedule mass emails and they really do hit your inbox when it says it will.

Cons

I do wish there were a few more creative options on the editor to really make those emails pop.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Gabriella,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We have noted down your recommendation.

- Benchmark Team

Elesa D.
Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 2019-05-23

Benchmark is a great solution to sending bulk emails. The provided designs are easy to use. The segmentation of contacts is perfect for the type of emails I send. Whenever an issue I can't figure out, the customer support is fast acting and always solves my issue efficiently.

Pros

Benchmark email software is very easy to use, it's affordable.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I like least.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Elesa,

Thanks for your review and high rating!

- Benchmark Team

Ana H.
Industry: Education Management

Very easy and intuitive tool to do email marketing.

Reviewed on 2020-05-07

It allowed me to create my first email marketing campaigns without having technical knowledge on the subject.

Pros

What I like most about benchmark is how easy it is to create and run a campaign, it guides you step by step and allows you to better organize the list of subscribers to email newsletters, it can be used for free with certain limitations as to to the number of emails and subscribers to handle. The templates available are modern and attractive even the free ones.

Cons

I could not integrate it correctly to program the newsletters of an ecommerce developed with the magento software, although benchmark offers that possibility my version of magento is not the latest version so it did not work well.

Matthew H.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Benchmark

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

Pros

It has multiple email templates that allow for creativity while also allowing us to send to multiple segments, multiple email lists and also import our own personal designs.

Cons

Difficulty navigating the site, open rates and automated emails

Response from Benchmark

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jennifer E.

Benchmark email

Reviewed on 2016-11-10

Overall, Benchmark meets our needs. However, we like to set up our code in a different program, rather than a template (in Dreamweaver). We run into issues where the code doesn't transfer cleanly. It takes a lot of reformatting.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for the review. In regards to your feedback, when bringing in code from programs like Dreamweaver, our platform will cut out code that isn't supported by all email clients. We do this to avoid errors or layout issues. Below is a link with some tips that might help. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again! http://www.benchmarkemail.com/help-FAQ/answer/Common-HTML-Email-Coding-Mistakes

Joe H.
Industry: Internet

Pretty Solid ESP

Reviewed on 2016-03-23

We've been using Benchmark for about half a year to manage a number of email campaigns including our newsletter. We needed a more affordable ESP with unlimited sends and a good template editor, which Benchmark fulfilled. The emails are easy to edit, the reporting is solid, and the customer support is great.

Pros

Great WYSIWYG email editor and great customer support team. At first some of the UX is confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. The customer support team has a live chat, and they'll help you immediately with anything you have. Reporting is pretty good too, and you can see results in either tables or graphs.

Cons

In rare cases, test emails and email blasts are delayed in sending out. This can be a problem when A/B testing emails. Other than that, no real problems.

Kristen B.
Industry: Restaurants

Great

Reviewed on 2019-11-06

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to create new emails and send them out

Cons

Still learning the software and getting familiar

Matthew S.
Industry: Real Estate

Benchmark Review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-05-30

Good email verification process for uploads and flexibility to bulk send in high quantities for lead generation and prospect pipeline support

Pros

Integration with Benchmark CRM
Creative and visual interface is user friendly

Cons

Lots of email go straight through to Junk
Reasonable value for money, however more affordable services out there

Response from Benchmark

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us to see how you can improve you deliverability.

- Benchmark Team

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019-05-23

It is a great tool for reports and asking for help.

Pros

It is simple and easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of at this time.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Greg R.
Industry: Building Materials

REVIEW

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019-10-27

very poor I have used competitors and it's hassle free

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to create flyers' I also likes the custmer service people through chat box
they were the best

Cons

I didnt like talking to the rep; She seemed every time that she just wanted to git rid of me; Benchmark showed that I had 400 un opened emails; I called many of these customers ( the 400 unopened) They did not even receive an email; ( scary) I then called bench mark and told them this; They responded that is because the un opened emails are in your customer's spam file , Once again I started calling customers and told them to check their spam and of course they did ( the benchmark emails were not in their spam either) Benchamark from what i can see is a very poor service; They tell you u have un opened emails and this is not true. (The emails not being sent) The rep is not helpful at all' I am going to have to cancel my credit card because something is not right with this company' Constant contact is much easier and effective
i am sincerely sorry to have to make this review/ I t is not my style' Something is wrong with this company

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Robert S.

Reviewed on 2016-02-04

Susan C.
Industry: Retail

Benchmark makes my life easy!

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-11-19

My main objective was to create a monthly Newsletter. I was successful and hope to continue, and probably upgrade for more tools and benefits.

Pros

The templates and tools are very user friendly. Able to make a professional looking newsletter in a short amount of time. Easy learning curve to create great email blasts and content. Lots of support from Benchmark reaching out to make sure I was engaged.

Cons

I am happy with it so far. I will be learning more about the capabilities as I continue to use Benchmark's services.

Michael L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Used it several times and like the ease of use and the analytics

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017-06-27

Quick email templates to send at moments notice or plan for future campaigns.

Pros

Quick and easy method to sending mass emails and I like the up to date analytics with open rates and bounce backs as well.

Cons

Cost was a little more than I could budget at this time; we are a start up division and unfortunately we have to scrutinize all expenses.

Kerry B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2016-11-19

Lisa A.

Benchmark Email Marketing is the Best!

Reviewed on 2015-09-01

Pros
-Superior Customer Service
-Easy Interface
-Lightening Fast

Cons
-None so far

James Y.
Industry: Religious Institutions

upgraded and still limited me to 50 emails after I broke our 12 year old list into three sections

Reviewed on 2019-10-12

sent a support email with still no response

Pros

needed an email medium to keep members updated at a fair price

Cons

upgraded from free trial to paid and still limited me to 50 emails after I broke our 12 year old list into three sections

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Henna P.

Reviewed on 2018-12-10
Jessie P.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Experience sharing

Reviewed on 2020-03-11

Pros

Easy to use layout design.
Very aggressive service.

Cons

Too many mails were returned. Currently looking for a solution.

Bob T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

My Review of Benchmark Email

Reviewed on 2018-09-18

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

Mathew H.

simple yet powerful

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

John J.
Industry: Education Management

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Reviewed on 2019-05-23

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Pros

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

Cons

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion...

The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks.

Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Response from Benchmark

Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10