4.4
4.5
Jennifer W.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best single-platform product on the market for waterfall, Agile or hybrid

Reviewed on 5/22/2020

I cannot say enough positive things about the team members I have directly interacted with at Sciforma. From the trainers, to my Customer Success Manager, to members of the support and product development teams. Everyone is accommodating, helpful and collaborative. I was already confident that Sciforma as a solution was the right choice for my organization's needs; the people supporting you are outstanding too! One thing to be prepared for is that the back-end can be a little daunting for admins who are not well-versed in both system configuration and project management. If you are not that comfortable, you will still have a wonderful support team to help you.

Pros

I have reviewed, implemented, used and replaced several enterprise-level PPM solutions. Sciforma is, in my opinion, the best single-platform solution on the market to enable teams to run various methodologies, yet still report holistically at the enterprise level regardless of the methodology used to run each project. It's a true one-stop-shop for an organization that wants the flexibility to manage projects differently. You are able to do all traditional project management functions related to schedule, Gantt, budget, resource allocation, portfolio reporting and more. The Agile features are simpler than some of the big-name leaders who focus ONLY on Agile, yet robust enough that prior users of those large systems will still find comfort in managing their Agile efforts in Sciforma. For those organizations who are more comfortable with a hybrid-approach, this solutions easily integrates iterations/sprints into the Gantt view. If you have a Steering Committee making decisions about which projects should be started and when, or if your Finance group wants to in-depth financial impacts of the projects, this solution will make everyone happy. Sciforma is going to change how my organization approaches project and resource allocation decisions.

Cons

There are a couple things I'd like to see improved in the tool, though this may be personal preference.
1) I would prefer more automated data to be shown in the out-of-the-box project status reports rather than subjective text boxes and some high-level project data points.
2) I prefer an Agile burndown chart that predicts the sprint completion.
This said, Sciforma does allow you to build custom things (like the status report I want to see), and I've been able to create wish-list tickets for future development--and the product team has accepted several suggestions and placed them on the product roadmap.

Thi H.

Project Oriented Sciforma

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

Our company started using Sciforma since last year especially for the Project Management related things such as planning, managing, and monitoring and controlling.

Pros

Designer mode, that allows us the flexibility and capability to create and modify our own tools for the production view.

Cons

So far, I don't see anything that I don't like because the more I explore, the more I learn something new.

David G.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Much Left to Be Desired

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Overall, I have had an average experience with SciForma. It's excels in record-keeping but can be quite clunky to use. I wish the UI/UX would be improved so using SciForma wouldn't be as hard to use than it currently is.

Pros

I like how it keeps track of your previous records and is good for accountability purposes. It is extremely convenient and easy to see what tasks I have been working on the past few weeks.

Cons

Many times the software UI is very clunky and leaves for a fairly annoying experience. Once in a while, buttons don't work and certain loading screens freeze. Though the effects are not critical, I do find the software to be somewhat of a pain to deal with at time and I think that's something that SciForma shouldn't be.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Bongani bruce B.
Industry: Computer Software

Beautifully laid out, very intuitive, leverages the best of the tech it's built on.

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Our clients have great visibility on the work we are doing for them, we can easily anticipate risks and be able to manage them in a way that set's very clear and resolute expectations, from an Agile development point of view our team collaborates in a way much much better than before while at the same time giving a clear picture to the client side PMs who typically manage their projects in a waterfall fashion. Everyone is part of the same picture.

Pros

User adoption is key in any enterprise system, Sciforma's ease of use enables that, it is quite intuitive and a beautiful sight to behold, we've come to see that users highly appreciate that effort. Technically it is very strong (the strongest) yet fully maintaining the balance between technical complexity and ease of use.

With the release of Sciforma 7.1 we've seen massive leaps forward on a solution that was already at a peak compared to it's rivals, the introduction of Programme Management amongst, and the focus on building stronger connections with various data elements has seen Sciforma being highly appraised by our clients.

Cons

There are very little to no cons, everyone ultimately has their preference and Sciforma is ours. We are fully confident in the continuity that Sciforma constantly reassures us with by staying ahead of the race and breaking new grounds in this space.

Lisa L.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Very Useful Tool

Reviewed on 4/14/2020

Pros

This software is very useful. It helps to track project milestones, project status, project costs. It also can be customized to meet our company needs. Sciforma engineering team is very helpful and responsive. They helped to create different dashboards we requested for different groups such as engineering group, finance group and operation group. Also these dashboards can be exported to an excel file to email to different groups.

Cons

As far, I do not feel any feature is missing as this software supports all our requirements.

George B.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very good tool if you use out of the box.

Reviewed on 12/5/2018

Good. Although the sluggishness of the system does negativelly affect how it is seen by our organisation.

Pros

- User interface is great
- Ability to override forms, create our own dashboards.
- Having a Business Case centre and demand management helped us

Cons

*General slowness regarding:
- SSO
- Gantt chart manipulation - scheduling a simple task requires a lot of patience as the system takes a while to validate entries and save them. Very cumbersome and we had a lot of complains with this.
- Slow moving from one screen to another

* small number of built in reports. Other tools have a whole bunch of reports to chose from and also allow you to create reports by selecting what objects go where - a more intuitive and user friendly report building mechanism.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Gianmarco F.

We decided to evaluate a new PPM platform and we migrated to Sciforma.

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Simplicity in the use and ready to start procedures made the change very quick and effective.
Different methodologies (Critical Path/Agile/Prince2) are included in the setting.
We can keep under control our processes in a easier way

Pros

The software is definitely very simple to be used and it doesn't need customization because the "out of the box" features are very wide. The team accepted the change and in a short time we have been running at 100%.

Cons

so far I haven't had any issue with Sciforma, it meets my expectations. We had some troubles installing the on premise version. The support we got was very prompt and the configuration problems were solved in a short time.

Industry: Investment Banking

Powerful tool, Elise and Hugues provide good service

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

I loved it. Would recommend. Expect to work with it again at multiple clients.

Pros

We spent a lot of time implementing not only the tool but all the understanding and the processes around it. We have over 200 users in more than 50 projects.

Cons

With versatility comes complexity. The "Help" is not always useful for end users. A pre-requisite to your clients is really the knowledge of concepts coupled with experience in Project management.

Tarun K.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Using Sciforma for Project Management at DHS - State of MN

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

I have been using Sciforma since 2016. It is easy to use, user-friendly and above all helpful in project management.

Pros

Great tool for time tracking, project scheduling and status reporting to executives.

Cons

Less self-help sections for learning the tool.

Kimberly J.
Industry: Insurance

Timetracking

Reviewed on 4/27/2020

Pros

It's great for time tracking, which is what we mostly use it for.

Cons

Sciforma lacks reporting features, it seems like it could be stronger in that area.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rose K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very good software, simple and effective.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have been working with Sciforma for a couple of years and have gained experience as both a user and a consultant. In my opinion, these are their three main advantages:

1. The interface is very clear and intuitive; everything has been made to facilitate the use of the software. The user approval at my customer’s has been pretty good so far.

2. I like their pricing model, which is based on users roles. It’s pretty flexible and allows for scalability. My customer started with only 30 users and now has grown to 120 users. They wanted to implement time tracking in phase 2 of their deployment; the user console Sciforma provides allowed me to do the configuration exactly as requested, thus meeting their needs 100%.

3. They offer a lot of features, which is great for me as a consultant. I can offer Sciforma to pretty much all of my customers and tailor it to meet their needs.

Cons

I don’t have any issues so far, my customers are really happy about the tool.

Azam D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Sciforma is a great product and platform that allows superb management of Projects Portfolio

Reviewed on 5/14/2018

Total overview and control over all the projects, potential projects, resources utilization, budget control, and all Project items, like Risks, Deliverable, CRs, Actions, issues, etc.. with full Status Overview of all projects progress portfolio-wise.

Pros

Sciforma has a comprehensive functionality that covers the entire Project/Product life cycle management, where all aspects relevant to the cycle are in one product, with comprehensive dashboards to manage it all. I particularly like the ability to create connections between the objects in Sciforma, which maintains the relationships between the Program and all the other objects, like relevant projects, products etc.. which keeps the focus clear to enable driving your Program strategy. in addition to the one area where you can manage all your deliverable, issues, CRs and Actions, see who is managing each, and where they are in the workflow.

Cons

Although still accessible through the HTML, a mobile app for workflow approvals would be great to have.

Mustafa A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

I have been working with Sciforma PPM tool for two years, have done implementation and customization

Reviewed on 5/14/2018

Effective Solution in the following area;

1. Idea Management
2. Business case management
3. Portfolio Management
3. Project Management
4. Program Management

Pros

The possibility to customize and add new features.
The concept of having different extensions and being able to assign specific extensions to certain users

Cons

I truly can not think of cons for Sciforma PPM, I do think that it is a valuable tool that would make life easier for end users.

Christine T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Sciforma is great for project management and portfolio management

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Sciforma has provided us a centralized (single source) interface that allows us to enter project related information. The most beneficial functions for our company are resource planning, resource forecasting, time sheet tracking, timeline tracking and expenditure tracking. This allows us to see the health (timeline, budget, resource) of our projects. Portfolio managers also have the opportunities to see the health of multiple projects at one glance.

Pros

Sciforma has the function of exporting information into excel, PDF & images. This enables flexible compilation of data.

Cons

Same terms are used throughout the interface at various locations and with different meanings. This causes some confusion sometimes.

Rudy B.
Industry: Computer Software

It´s the best way to manage our project, portfolio and risks.

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

It´s the best way to manage our project, portfolio and risks.
It s easy to set and use (very user friendly)
It allows us to manage project using waterfall or scrum methodology
Give us a real added value
We can use it from a table, laptop or a mobile.

Pros

It s easy to set and use (very user friendly)
It allows us to manage project using waterfall or scrum methodology
Give us a real added value
We can use it from a table, laptop or a mobile.

Cons

We have a SaaS version for our company so we need to have internet conexion all the time in order to use it.

Nicole-marie H.
Industry: Chemicals

Good UX, However Highly Specific Tracking Capabilities Facilitate Micromanagement

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Pros

Sciforma has a sleek user interface that allows users to pin certain projects to their timesheet every week, hide less important / inactive projects, and annotate individual tasks with ease. I've also never experienced trouble with the platform loading slowly or crashing. Overall the software provides a good user experience.

Cons

Sciforma allows users to track their time down to half-hour increments. While this feature may be useful in a legal firm or other setting where very small time increments need to be kept track of and billed to separate clients, in a normal lab-based or office-based setting this degree of granularity is not necessary. Attempting to track working time down to the half-hour is both impractical and facilitates micromanagement when supervisors approve timesheets. This is not an inherent limitation of the software, however workplaces adopting Sciforma should be cognisant of this effect and allow employees to log time in a weekly percent-based manner rather than logging every hour of every day.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ofer P.

The best PPM solution

working with Sciforma for the last 6 years

Pros

Holistic, Scalability, Flexibility, UI/UX, Hybrid in many ways, For example: SaaS & OnPremise , Agile & Waterfall

Cons

Document management, Lack of structured integrations for ALM tools, and viewers

Adriano S.

Very intuitive, complete and flexible PPM tool. It uses html5 and has good performance .

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

Pros

Ideation and Demand Management is quite easy to use and configure. Business Case scoring critearia very easy to define and implement. Scorong for Portfolio Simulation and Capacity Planning very friendly interface. Workflow and approval totally customizable. Very easy to implement not only the tool but your methodology. Resource Allocation is very flexible and Waterfall/Agile can be implemented simultaneously.

Cons

Smartphone interface, which is intended to be realeased next quarter, at least to the team register time.

Neda E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Sciforma Review

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Resource Allocation, program management

Pros

Customer service, New versions every month to get rid of the annoying bugs

Cons

Designer view could get really complicated

Industry: Broadcast Media

Implementation was great!

Reviewed on 6/27/2018

We now have a tool to manage our PMO and strategic efforts that is easy to use and provide information to our executives. No more spreadsheets!

Pros

The ease of the user interface, maneuvering throughout the system, and easy customization. The tool helps standardize our PMO and strategic efforts.

Cons

Nothing so far. The key for anyone wanting to implement Sciforma is to complete the implementation data entry template one week prior to the vendor arriving onsite. This made our implementation very smooth!

Daniel B.

Excellent tool : complete and easy to use

Reviewed on 9/9/2015

I have spent a lot of time testing a couple of major company's project management software. While most of them fell way below our expectations, Sciforma scored highest on our RFP submissions.
I wanted a very complete, easy to use tool and after a trial period of 90 days we knew Sciforma was the best product to go with. With over 1000 employees imputing time and 60 project managers, we are thankful to finally be able to manage our projects.  Most of our projects are short, less than six months, but Sciforma handles our larger projects just as easily as the smaller ones. Budget management was one of our biggest concerns. We use Sciforma's Cost Centers to administer the various programs and allocate accordingly to our projects. We also know where we stand with each program.

I definitely recommend Sciforma.

Cecelia T.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Out of the box configuration

Reviewed on 8/17/2018

The consultant was very knowledgeable of the product and that helped us to adapt to the tool.

We are looking forward to using Sciforma in our organization.

Pros

It has everything a PM would want in a tool and more.
I also like that the tool can be customized to meet the needs of our company.

Cons

Not as user friendly as I would like - little harder to navigate but once you got it you got it.

Kevin N.
Industry: Biotechnology

Sciforma is a great project management tool!

Reviewed on 8/29/2019

Sciforma helps us with our project management needs, specifically R&D projects.

Pros

As a certified project manager (PMP), I can say this software fits very nicely with my training and it has great ease of use.

Cons

So far, this software has not presented any cons to our organization. Obviously we wish the price per user per month was lower, but the price is very fair.

Greg T.

Easy to configure and use. Very appropriate for Agile and non-Agile Projects.

Reviewed on 9/1/2014

Sciforma supports both Agile and non-Agile projects including a resource pool, financial modeling and decision-support tools that together make this product a recommended linchpin for for a forward-thinking PMO and product development organization. Alerts can be set for a wide set of conditions that support data-driven governance. Project financials are automatically generated. Project trade off analysis is supported (and very straightforward) to make decision-making metrics driven (versus gut-instinct driven.)

Customer Support (both sales and technical) are exceptional: Sciforma has developed presentations and demonstration instances for my clients without pushing for sale. They truly want to share the comprehensiveness of their product and service.

Tony M.