MemberClicks

Refreshing technology. A heart for service!

4.4/5

Virginia Land
  • Industry: Insurance Software

MemberClicks: Makes a Staff of 1 feel like a Staff of 10

Reviewed on 3/4/2016

We've been using MemberClicks ever since the failed migration of Affiniscape to YourMembership. The customer support issues we faced during that migration encouraged us to seek another AMS provider. We reviewed 10 different providers, and when we interviewed MemberClicks, it was clear that we had found a good fit. Just about all of the AMS systems will do the same things - but MemberClicks has a customer support team that is truly unmatched. For us, it's more important to have good customer service than anything else. With just 1 paid staffer, we're not able to consult with tech specialists to get the job done. We rely heavily on the expertise and kindness of the support team. I would recommend that anyone looking to purchase or change their AMS should strongly consider service to be as important as functionality. In terms of functionality, MemberClicks in first class. It's easy to use, easy to learn, and looks beautiful. Our members love it and so do we. They help you get started, too. You aren't going to be building things from scratch. They help you set up your primary pages as part of your build out. This is really a pop-up AMS, and we'll never look back.

Pros

Logical and simple WYSIWYG editor
Great customer support
Important widgets - adds functionality and a "slick" appearance
Easy database upload and edit features
Nice sorting tools for the database
Simple invoicing system
Committee Management Features
Blog and social stream features
Great API interface with other programs - you're not locked into one system, but rather can expand your functionality across many programs

Cons

No endemic LMS
No non-exported/imported batch updates for some fields
Hard for a "parent" profile to add a "child" profile

Jerry
  • Industry: Law Enforcement Software

Very Satisfied long time Administrator and User

Reviewed on 10/14/2020

Very satisfied! It automates several membership tasks and allow us to have one program to goto for most of what we need to do for our members. Customer support team is the best I've ever worked with!

Pros

Customer support, ease of use, automates tasks. Provides bult-in online forms for numerous uses.

Cons

Website development is very good but not their forte'. Doesn't allow members to do mass emails to the membership database. Administrators have to do that.

MemberSuite System

Reasons for Choosing MemberClicks

Wild Apricot support was not good, no built in online forms, website development poor.

Reasons for Switching to MemberClicks

Price, quality of product, features and familiarity with the company.
Abel
  • Industry: Fine Art

A Great Way To Organize Personal Information

Reviewed on 6/8/2015

Pros

MemberClicks has a clean interface, easy to read, easy to follow. We used it at Hollywood Post Alliance to keep track of our membership and those who would purchase tickets to our organization's events. Easy to search information, easy to follow the trail of receipts and purchases.

Cons

At the top of the personal information pages there would be a box to check if you wanted to keep a member "active". Every time you made a change to the webpage the box would uncheck automatically. If overlooks checking this box, the member would disappear from searches, and one would have to go into the hidden information page to find them again.

I felt this was poor design for the software, as the box wasn't prominently displayed and didn't stay checked. It was a hassle, and I dealt with it often.

More than that, there was no safeguard against someone who was a non-member filling out information and paying for a ticket at a member discount. It took time, energy, and attention to ensure that everyone who purchased a member-price ticket for our event was actually a member. This could have been automated. It would have saved us hassle.

Lisa

Designed for Trade Associations and Chambers Business Leagues

Reviewed on 8/13/2019

Great product, great support.

Pros

It is designed for trade associations - the parent-child relationship. We used several other AMS over the past 10 years and this is the only solution we found that really meets our needs. We're a small association and the price was very reasonable. Great support.

Cons

The launch process is about 3 months and we kept having to delay it as we have an event every three months.

Jordan

WebLink Review

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Pros

I believe WebLink excels in the pre-event functionality. It does a really great job organizing registrations, invoice information, as well as offering a tremendous amount of features such as customizable registration fields, promo codes and some of the new attendee and registrations advanced search options are very handy. Additionally, the ability to upload custom reports has been a great tool for our organization. It has allowed us to cater WebLink designed reports to meet some of our more specific needs. Lastly, we've really enjoyed the speed of customer support in the last 6 mo or so. We've taken advantage of the chat functionality on the web and have received timely support time and time again.

Cons

When using the desktop client, I sometimes find some of the processes a bit slow and heavy on the 'pop up' window type notifications that require you to save or accept something. Along with this, I think some of the processes should be automated, such as checking the 'Main Profile' box automatically when creating a new profile in an organization. This often creates extra work and take unnecessary time. Lastly, the web email system needs a bit of fine-tuning and added features, namely in the recurring system. We've had a few issues with recurring messages being queued to send after editing and not being able to set certain messages as inactive/active in the case that we wanted to suspend sending the recurring message for a week/month etc.

Joy

Why Memberclicks Has Worked Well for Our Nonprofit

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

Customer service was top-notch until the company was bought out or merged with another. Since the change, response time has increased, it is more difficult to speak with a support person and the support persons are not always completely proficient.

Pros

We like having many functions under one umbrella that are all tied to our member database – mass emails, dues payments, event management, surveys, etc. We also like having both a public facing web site and members-only area.

Cons

Creating forms is a cumbersome process and not intuitive to our administrators. There is not a straightforward way to track donor histories.

Carol
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

MemberClicks is a full service AMS

Reviewed on 4/1/2022

We previously had a database that was designed for membership organizations with singular members not business members like ours. The switch was not easy because of all of the training requirements, but if you take the time to do it right MemberClicks is a real asset for your business. Our database is cleaner and more comprehensive than it has been in my 20 years with this organization.

Pros

if it's set up right and the entire staff commits to using it daily, it works for association management.

Cons

They continually changed their name and we got tired of it. (JK)

Linda
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Meets Our Needs Today and in the Future

Reviewed on 3/27/2022

My experience has been very positive - from being able to contact customer support and resolve issues very quickly to the intuitive nature of the platform layout. Initial training was very thorough.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and simple to operate. The costs are very reasonable. Support has been super!

Cons

There is a bug in the section of the platform that records CE completion for a large group of conference attendees (the record loses all formating during the operation) that hasn't been fixed yet. I am not crazy about Payroc payment processor but it isn't completely awful.

Mary

Valuable Association Asset

Reviewed on 8/29/2022

Pros

This platform is easy to learn and easy use..

Cons

Since we use both the Website platform and the LMS it would be nice if the upload spreadsheets matched and all of the required fields matched. I.E. in the website zipcodes can be any necessary number of characters which is great because we do have some members from other countries than the US. the LMS only accepts 5 characters, which ends up being an issue.

Abby
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

It is helpful once you learn it

Reviewed on 3/23/2022

I like it. I would definitely want to see improvements. If you have a complex membership structure, it will be difficult. The support staff is usually very helpful. If you get Ginger, ask her all the questions because she is amazing!

Pros

Once you learn it, it can be super helpful and streamlined for your organization.

Cons

There are features missing that I would like. The features are also constantly changing or updating and we still have to use both the desktop and web browser version which can be confusing.

Sean
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

MemberClicks Review

Reviewed on 5/22/2020

We have had a great experience with MC. The support staff is amazing, at this point I am sure they all know me and my pin number by heart because I call with questions all the time! They are super helpful and knowledgable.

Pros

We use MemberClicks at my office for our website and there are a lot of great things about the software! We switched to MemberClicks within this past year and the switch has made our lives so much easier! MemberClicks has streamlined many of our processes and we no longer need to use other softwares to complete our tasks. We are able to build all registration forms, post event surveys, general practice surveys, membership dues and decertifications forms etc. The best part about MC is the built in invoicing and transaction system. Instead of hand issuing invoices for our annual dues and tracking those, MC automatically creates invoices for our member companies and tracks who all has paid and who has not (and even locks out the users who haven't paid annual dues on time as incentive). There is also a messaging center that we now use to communicate with all of our members so we don't have to junk up our emails, and the system tracks bounced emails as well as who has opened the email.

Cons

There are a few little things I would change. When creating text on an article, for example, the spacing is weird. When I type the text looks right but when I submit and look from the front end there is weird spacing. In addition, I wish I didn't have to hand select each "Group" when creating a form on every single question built into a form, or else the form isn't accessible. I would suggest a "click all" button.

Mickey
  • Industry: Information Services

WebLink/MemberClicks

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I've been working with various business software programs for the past 30 years and learned that if I can get a 70-80% solution out of a program, I'm doing pretty well. WebLink certainly delivers that. The support website is easy to use and the support staff are terrific. Usually I can get what I need with a quick online chat, and if not, the issue is resolved with in hours or a couple of days at most.

Pros

We've been using WebLink for about 6 years, and, since it was originally designed with chambers of commerce in mind, it provides a comprehensive set of tools for managing our membership and events. More features and improvements have come with the merger with MemberClicks, both in functionality and technical support. Technical support response time has increased significantly. I'm a techie so I like the fact that I can get deep into the program and it hasn't been dumbed down with a pretty but limited user interface.

Cons

That being said, there are situations where it isn't very user friendly, such as the mass communication tool. One shouldn't have to know HTML to send an email. And the new web-based event module is cumbersome, slow and lacking some important features (such as a grid listing all events that is sortable on any field) that were in the old version. Since our calendar contains not only chamber events but also hundreds of community events, it can be a challenge to find a specific event. In the old interface, there is a lot going on on most screens, so it can be confusing for new users to navigate to just the things they need and ignore the rest.

BERNADETTE

• Customer Support Software

Great company who actually listens and wants to improve their product for the user.

Reviewed on 10/20/2020

I feel like MemberClicks really listens to their members suggestions. Personally, I have made probably close to 50+ suggestions over the years that have been implemented into the MC platform. In a way, I feel like you are building a management system just for us!

Pros

MemberClicks helps us run our NFP efficiently and effectively. We are a staff of 2 with over 1000 members. Without the automatic features that MC has built in there is no way we could be as effective as we are with the staff that we have. I love the search features and the ability to drill down to a specific group of individuals and then communicate with them in a merged email that is completely personalized to them!

Cons

I think some improvements still need to be made to the invoicing system limitations. My biggest complaints about the MC software is that if a member renewal invoice is voided without their member type changing and they want to re-join, they have to have admin help them with that because they are no longer in their renewal period. To me this is a huge flaw in the system and I would love to see it fixed.

My only other complaint would be that open invoices cannot be edited. If I hit an incorrect button I have to send a message and have MC tier 2 fix my error...this is easy enough, but it would be nice to just be able to fix it myself.

Response from MemberClicks

Bernadette, you're right your feedback continues to allow us to build a better product that aligns with your processes and outcome. Keep them coming and thank you!

Nancy

An integrated solution

Reviewed on 1/16/2017

I began using MemberClicks five years ago with a nonprofit association that has a large site with a lot of legacy material. Some of the good features I have noticed are unlimited customer support (I usually submit a help ticket via email) and the capacity to either use the editing interface or edit HTML if desired.

The support staff are always chipper and upbeat. Occasionally clarifying questions takes some going back and forth to explain a request. On the other hand, a good number of the team members seem fairly seasoned and in some projects they clearly go the extra mile to investigate what might be possible or to be responsive. Sending mass-email newsletters can take a lot of testing when adjusting appearance of an HTML email because the email-editing interface does not always precisely display what you will ultimately get upon transmission. For a while the ASA users could recommend or vote on product enhancements in a knowledge base, which can still be searched on the back end. Occasionally I have wished for material to share with our association members to explain how things like the forums work (there is a video showing what end-users see). The company focuses on supporting small staffs and comments in the knowledge base sound appreciative of the support received.

Pros

It integrates member management software with an association website that has sections for internal and external audiences.

Cons

The interface has a few areas that could be better organized (for instance, pull-down lists for applying styles that are not alphabetized).

Abinaa

All in One Member Management Solution

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

Pros

I appreciate that Atlas has the ability to do numerous things all under one management solution. This is extremely beneficial for Chambers as there are many Chamber specific features that would be hard to find with any other CRM.
The customer service and support team are also very kind and helpful. I have worked with many of them on numerous occasions and they always do their best to assist us.
The engineers are constantly working on improving the system and are always releasing updates which do/have made our organization perform some tasks easier.
Atlas is overall a good member management solution that our organization uses on a daily basis without always constantly experiencing issues.

Cons

Since it is an integrated solution with many features, there are often sudden issues that occur for no reason but the support team is always available to assist and try to find a solution. Our staff also finds that Atlas can be hard to use at times, and do simple things without doing numerous steps.
Atlas is also both on a desktop version and a browser version, the issue with this is that there aren't all functions on either. Some functions are only on the desktop version and vice versa, which can get frustrating to keep switching from one and another but I do know that Atlas is working on moving it's entire management system to the browser version, which we are all waiting for.

• Customer Support Software

Top Notch Customer Support, Design Features and overall usability!

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

MemberClicks allows our organization to manage our member base easily and streamline the event management side of things at the same time. The financial side of creating invoices, reports, making payments and billing our members flows smoothly. We also have the ability to track affiliations and member benefits with MemberClicks. We also have our Website designed by MemberClicks, which transitions well with our members logging in to sign up for events, change their profile and keep up with their invoice payments in a usable and clean interface.

Pros

The ability to access all the information in our system on a member of our organization, and share their referrals and participation with them at a click of the button. MemberClicks understands the needs of a chamber of commerce to keep our members engaged and provide feedback in a streamlined approach. The software stays ahead of industry standard practices with innovative and timely updates!

Cons

Some updates change key components that our office has become used to depending on. But with any change, the customer support provides a timely response and turn around to keep us going in the direction we need to go. The MemberClicks software does require a lot of internet, but once we increased our speed of internet, things flow much smoother and in a timely way.

Tammy

Nothing Compares

Reviewed on 10/16/2020

MemberClicks is more than an AMS, they truly are engaged in helping associations be relevant and successful by providing many supporting documents, trainings, videos, white papers, best practices and more. The variety of User Calls provide real learning experiences from and with other users across the country. Their team are always willing to assist you and provide solutions for the needs of the association.

Pros

Such an easy to use product. I find it pretty intuitive and the support for training and help are fantastic. The opportunities for customization and the knowledge of the staff are exceptional. I think the reports are very good and really like the My Data Views option. It would be great if when using projects/tasks it could integrate with calendars for reminders.

Cons

Would like to see the opportunity to text members, allow members to edit/update their registration for events, and encompass it's own automated marketing feature. I also think there is an opportunity to provide more standard reporting options without using DERT.

Beth

Chunky Database

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I began using this database when I started my position here in April 2020. I have experience with a lot of software, both cloud and server based. Memberclicks is not the best I used.

Pros

Affordability, Customer support available quickly. Memberclicks is great at holding over 8000 names and or emails They have integrated the invoicing to the customer history, so that is a plus.

Cons

I find Memberclicks disconnected from its programming. Depending on the module you are in, it functions differently throughout. I find I have to research why and how to use features. Another Con, User create multiple IDs. There should be a way to advise user they already exhist before creating a another ID. Inaddition, there should be a way to look for duplicates on a large scale, however, you can only "find a duplictae" within a user.

Diane
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Customer support is the best I have ever worked with, they are polite, quick, and helpful.

Reviewed on 2/24/2018

My events are more flexible and look better for people trying to register. Being able to import our members instead of entering each one individually saves so much time.

Pros

They continually update the software based on requests from us the end users. They offer training webinars to help throughout the time you start using the software. I've been working with this for three years and this helps refresh me on the hows. My favorite feature is the search feature for members, it's fast, intuitive that if I don't know the whole name it still searches with just a few letters, I can easily find anyone. If I am typing a letter and need to verify a members name it so fast. I use to look up members through my outlook, not no more I go straight to the admin area and search. This way I not only get their name, I get all their information.

Cons

You can't use the back button and go back to the screen you were on. Sometimes that gets frustrating if I'm doing some research on members. It does take me longer to put events up on our website, but they do look better than our old site.

Heather
  • Industry: Hospitality

Memberclicks Review

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Overall Memberclicks offers me exactly what I need for my clients. I am looking forward to trying the mobile app for one of my clients!

Pros

I am the director of meetings and member services for two associations. This product keeps all of my membership and conference attendance in one easy to use place. I am easily able to contact any of my members or attendees. This software has made it super easy for my members to renew their membership and register for events online. One of the most important aspects is the customer service. If I ever have a question or problem, the customer service team is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They are just a quick call or email away! I also feel that the team is always working to improve the features and really listen to the clients requests for additional features.

Cons

I feel like the software is down more often then it should be. Memberclicks is always responsive when this happens but it usually happens at a time when I really need access.

• Industry: Entertainment

Memberclicks Review - A full featured and flexible option

Reviewed on 3/2/2016

Memberclicks software is very flexible for associations like ours. We have a membership of around 500 individuals and a total database between 5,000-10,000 and it is easily managed through Memberclicks. We use the forms and database the most and it keeps good records of who is signing up for what events. Being in a technology based industry, we have not come across any major complaints or issues so it should be more than adequate for most users.

Pros

Memberclicks customer service is top notch. It is easy to get a hold of knowledgeable and friendly tech support on the phone anytime they are open and emails are promptly responded to by the same helpful staff. Most things are easy to work with and there is a ton of existing knowledge base that is easy to search so the good thing is tech support is rarely needed. If you are building an entire website through Memberclicks, you can integrate pages with information in your database and have it all linked and smartly interactive so that is a big plus.

Cons

If you have varying levels of membership and corporate memberships that include individual memberships, it can be difficult to organize exactly the way you want. Basically, you want to have an administrator from the company that can handle membership updates for all included members but also have the individuals with access to their own profiles independently. There are workarounds but those require more manual work so that is the biggest drawback. On the other hand, I've checked out and used other similar software and most of them have the same issues so it seems to be something that no one has really come up with a good solution for yet.

Stephanie

• Customer Support Software

I am an admin user for my association and I've worked with Weblink for 3 years now.

Reviewed on 2/26/2018

We have been able to double our advertising revenue using banner ads on the weblink site. We have standardized our AR process, new member on-boarding, and renewal reminder policy using the mass communicator and various reporting. We now track student history a lot more efficiently and we re-market classes to those in need of CECs. We have a new user friendly website that our staff and board members are very proud of. Our application process and invoicing process is a lot faster and more accurate than ever before.

Pros

I love that using this software has helped our staff standardize processes like accounts receivable, new member on-boarding, renewal reminders, and event reporting. I love that we can track students attendance and record CEC history. I love that we can customize our membership directory and online events to our own settings and needs. Lastly, I love that our new website has modern features and includes a job bank, upcoming event widget, and new members widget.

Cons

Some of the settings in Weblink can be complex.

Martina

Company that is committed to Customer Service and continuous development

Reviewed on 10/16/2020

Customer support is FANTASTIC!

Pros

It was pretty user friendly, but when I need help, the support team is FANTASTIC! I also love that they are always adding features/improving the product.

Cons

Missing some features that would be helpful, but I think that is normal for his price range

April

• Customer Support Software

Top of the line customer service and consistent improvements to functionality!

Reviewed on 4/25/2018

Pros

We love that they add enhancements and bug fixes on a monthly basis. Their customer service is top of the line and the online chat help desk has been a life saver at times. They provide adequate and timely trainings and really strive to ensure their clients have the best possible experience using their software.

Cons

The save and load times in the browser and software tend to be a bit slow. This has improved over the years but could still be much faster. The software is not quite as intuitive as I'd like it to be. You sometimes have to add the same information in multiple places as opposed to it just feeding to the appropriate fields. It would be nice if there were an area in the settings where we could set criteria that tells the fields where to look for the appropriate data to populate. I feel confident that over time Weblink will continue to make improvements to these areas.

Sheila

Good all around system

Reviewed on 7/21/2021

The Atlas support staff has always been exceptional. Easy to work with and easy to contact when needed. The online training tools, plus the user group webinars have been very helpful, especially as we have added some new staff.

Pros

As a membership organization that runs a wide variety of events we utilize many aspects of the Atlas system. The seamless integration between the membership data and our website is crucial for us, as is the online calendar and event registration systems. We also very much appreciate the move to a browser version of Atlas.

Cons

No real complaints. I wish the banner ad system was a bit easier to use for our website. It works for us, but is a bit klunky.