Showing 292 reviews of 272

Miro

#1 Online collaborative whiteboard platform for teams

4.7 /5 (272 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 292 reviews of 272
Veljko Z.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting...

Reviewed on 2020-04-21

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end

Reviewed on 2019-03-19

I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros

Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons

Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions
Slow pace of feature development
No offline capabilities

The best organizer

Reviewed on 2020-04-07

I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros

Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons

I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

Super quick to learn and get value.

Reviewed on 2021-01-28

From day 1, this product has solved so many issues for me in tra slating and collaborating with clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

Miro is super easy to use even for the most non tech oriented. Easily map out ideas, translate complex ideas into actionable images... it's a blank canvas. Virtual whiteboarding at its best.

Cons

The Asana integratuion isn't ideal but I think it's more Asana's limited API so no big points off for that.

Jakub H.
  • Industry: Design

Whiteboard for the whole company

Reviewed on 2020-11-20

Generally the experience is great and very useful for UX testing with remote participants.

Pros

The idea of a shared whiteboard is great and well executed in Miro. Everything you do others can see and can interact with in realtime.

Cons

Kanban boards are rather bulky to handle and the idea of placing them onto the board is sort of contraintuitive, but it works.

Ilija V.

Vital To How We Collaborate

Reviewed on 2018-08-20

Pros

"I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. "

Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Leon J.
  • Industry: Design

RealtimeBoard is a gamechanger for design collaboration

Reviewed on 2018-09-12

In early-stage product development, no-one wants to pay for the time it takes for working documents to look good. This does not mean they don't want the documents to be clear, concise, and understandable, and it absolutely does not mean that they want good ideas and analyses to get lost in the clutter. In a paper-post it-CAD/DTP-workflow this is often the case. RealtimeBoard adresses all these issues and is a true gamechanger for the design industry.

Thank you!

Pros

RealtimeBoard has become an integral part of my workflow.

It is:
• Intuitive and hassle-free to use
• Lightweight and available everywhere
• In rapid development—constantly improving the core product

I use it for:
• Everything from early stage ideation to larger scale mapping and analysis
• Collaboration with other designers on my team
• Co-creative workshops and interviews with users and clients
• The remote-work version of everything above
• Presentations, working documents, and even interim reports.

Cons

On my view, there are no major drawbacks with RealtimeBoard.

However, I find the pricing model a minor hindrance. Although it suits my current situation just fine, it was a bit rigid when I worked in a three-person team.

Jennifer L.

Brilliant resource for just about everything in UX and UX research

Reviewed on 2019-10-14

Miro has solved the problem we have had was our team has grown but our meeting room space has not... We can keep our post it note analysis in one place. We have also used it to share our work, sketches and communicate with our clients. It's overall been a real help to communication both internally and with external clients.

Pros

Absolutely love this software. I started out using it only as a digital post-it note board so my team could do thematic analysis together remotely. After using it for a month or so, we started using it as a planning tool as well, and have used it to create service blueprints, journey maps and to keep the team all in one place.

Cons

Honestly the only thing I can think of is that it's not easy to find out how to increase the width of lines. Otherwise I love it!

Yoel B.

Virtual Whiteboard for Virtual Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2018-10-31

Pros

Ease of Use - the team members with whom I collaborate online using Realtimeboard are not necessarily the most computer literate. Yet of all the online web services we use to accomplish our virtual team collaborative tasks, these same individuals have the least problem mastering Realtimeboard. That says it all!
Integration - the recent integration that delivers messages on updates to a board directly to the Slack discussion forum associated with that board means team members can stay focused in the team collaboration environment (Slack) and don't need to jump around from website to website to see what is happening.

Cons

As a facilitator on online courses which have a short duration of ten to thirteen weeks, the obvious necessity of a paid account for more than three participants is an obvious shortcoming. The service *is* worth the fee demanded and the price *is* competitive, but obviously, many of the first time users are not business people. Realtmeboard should rethink their Trial package for special circumstances like ours.

• Industry: Design

Collaborative work: visual, fun and easy

Reviewed on 2020-04-06

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. I like the brand and look and feel. It makes easier to work with remote teams. Share ideas and progress. I use it also for my personal projects. Mainly for the initial phases, when I want to land ideas, gather insights, brainstorm... It has a lot of potentials.

Cons

Power features for facilitators. Ej, add descriptions to a block of content that only the facilitator can see. I experienced some issues editing shapes when it was many elements on the frame.

• Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Miro is the best digital whiteboard

Reviewed on 2020-09-15

Pros

The degree to which the user can zoom out and have multiple areas of productivity.

Cons

Ideally the templates would be available for selection on mobile and other devices.

Claudio P.
  • Industry: Design

It's the BEST of its type

Reviewed on 2019-07-24

Pros

It's the BEST of its type, really love this app. Is realtime, collaborative, with a gorgeous User Experience, free plan... I could talk like this for hours! Really recommended!

Cons

There aren't any cons: that's one of my favorite, daily software without which I could not live.

With staff all over the globe, sharing wireframe ideas is now an absolute breeze, love it.

Reviewed on 2018-01-09

Pros

I love real-time board. It really is real-time.

It's the small things for us that really work well, for example you can see each other's mouse position, so as we are discussing things over the phone on a conference call, you can highlight and circle things with your mouse that everybody will see happening instantly.

He boards are unlimited in size, so you can expand and be as creative as you need to be without worrying about running out of white board.

As for the whiteboard itself, so simple to use: you can add boxes, add notes, pop up notes, tables, etc.

Overall, it's an integral part of our team now. Thank you.

Cons

There's now much I can say I like least. But there is one annoyance. There isn't a concsistency with the keyboard controls between web app and Mac app. We work on multiple machines so don't always know what to expect when we start using it.

Gurjit V.

Great for virtual training

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

Pros

I give virtual training sessions every week and having played around with a few app's I have settled with Miro. It's a delight to use, very straight-forward, intuitive and does not try to be overly-helpful (remembering the paperclip in Word).
It's great for me - but it's a bonus for my students - where using this app gives the next best thing to being in a class room and using a white-board.

Cons

I'd like it to remember my preferences each time I create a new white-board.
Zoomed to 125%
Font size 18

Lloyd C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Exceeded expectations!

Reviewed on 2020-02-24

My overall experience with this tool is excellent. This tool allows my team and i to manage our overall workload much more effectively. Previous to using Miro we had limited visibility of what each of us where working on and the stage we were at with certain shared tasks. Miro has allowed us to work in a multi framed white board, with full visibility of team mates tasks and through the use of the comments and notifications system, it shows where we are all at with stuff.
We also have frames for our team charter, our useful links, next years budget requirements and a free whiteboard frame for notes and mind maps.

Pros

Ability to collaborate using comments on other users task based sticky notes which also have an email notification function

I am able to manage my workload with a colour coded sticky note systems

Mind maps tool

Cons

Nothing! My team and I were looking for an electronic whiteboard and Miro does everything we need and more.

Brynn C.

It's How My Brain Works

Reviewed on 2019-09-24

Pros

When designing conversational flows it works like dream.
If I can't get everyone in the same room or around a whiteboard - Miro saves the day.
It helps speed up the UX process.
It keeps all ideas around the room in one place.

Cons

That more of my colleagues don't use it.

Michael S.

Fantastic tool for idea gathering!

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Pros

I've been using RealtimeBoard for close to two years and it has become an integral tool for our design team. Simple, intuitive, fluid and powerful. The variety of templates included can be a great starting point for many project. Many of them have even given our team ideas of how to gather information more effectively. Honestly, I can't recommend this software any more and felt it necessary to sing some praises when due.

Cons

Wish the sticky recognizer would extract text and create an app native sticky instead of cutting out the image lol. I'm half teasing. The fact that it actually recognizes stickies is quite impressive ;)

A very simple collaboration tool.

Reviewed on 2019-10-26

Besides the UI problem, it is a very useful tool for making a quick mind map or flowchart.
This is just one feature that I am using and I think these have a lot of features needed to be testing.

Pros

I needed a mind map or flow chart for my study material and found miro is very useful for this purpose.
I like their template system bu I have to build my material from scratch, which is fine as it works normally.
The software is web-based so no more installation on my work pc and no one can see my personal project. This helps me to protect my data from stolen and no need to make a backup as it is stored in a secure location.

Cons

It is not a good experience for a small screen. I use a regular 768p display which if I open options it just gets so much waste space in left.

Steve B.

A nice tool with amazing features hidden behind a complex interface

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

We use Miro for all aspects of a project, and as a virtual "white board" it works fantastic in that aspect. As mentioned above, our problem rests in when we ask for feedback, users have to be told to set their comment colors to indicate whether the comment is positive, negative, neutral, a suggestion, et cetera. Since most software has had flagging this seems like a simple feature oversights.

Pros

Supports uploading of most document formats in a drag and drop manner, allows for peer review and multiple users concurrently reviewing content

Cons

The interface is confusing, and often times I wanted to leave a comment but wound up leaving a post-it note instead. The software requires users to define (via text notes) what colors to make comments to indicate the type of comment and there are no templates.

Penelope C.

My colleagues and I LOVE this tool

Reviewed on 2019-08-15

Pros

It's so easy to use—engaging, intuitive... so enjoyable that I've ended up using it for just about everything. And now all my colleagues, my team and my colleagues' teams are wanting to use it as well.

Cons

I would love to see some of the UML diagramming templates and shapes in there, was surprised they weren't there, but sure they will be soon.

Debjit B.

Sticky notes go digital in a good way.

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

Pros

Yes, it reminds me and my team was using sticky notes throughout all boards, it is just digital port of it. I like how they are trying to make this board so familiar which pays off.
I feel comfortable with the UI, and with a template, it is fast to start. All the templates are just in front of me it is easy to start.
Let's start tutorial is popped up when I opened a template with the video tutorial. Which is just so handy to have.

Cons

I prefer more like board UI then this. So, if I have to add another "Do it later" field I have to see the manual and do it manually. there is no selecting/duplicating the whole collum, which is a pain. Customise needed more features.

Sandra R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great features, well thought out product

Reviewed on 2020-08-31

Excellent product. Have tried other whiteboard softwares, nothing compares as well to Miro

Pros

Intuitive, makes collaboration simple. Has multiple uses

Cons

Price didn't fit the needs of our organization - and i think the value for money is there

Zee G.

Visual Board Collaboration

Reviewed on 2021-02-24

We love it. It's very user-friendly and convenient to collaborate using Miro, and our board has enjoyed this tool a lot.

Pros

Considering that in the times of the pandemic, you can't really get together with your colleagues for in-person brainstorming sessions, and Zooming the board isn't very convenient, Miro has offered us a great collaboration tool for brainstorming new ideas and tracking their progress afterward.

We haven't used Miro for general project management (we use Jira for that), but for the company's board sessions, this has been invaluable. It is easily manageable and pleasant to work with and to look at.

Cons

So far, Miro has been a lifesaver for the purposes that we needed it for (brainstorming and tracking those brainstormed ideas), so there were no serious downsides to it that we noticed. The only inconvenience is that you can have only three boards in the free version, but that's just their business structure and it's understandable that they also need to earn money :)

Igo C.

This software has done me and my colleagues well

Reviewed on 2018-03-17

Pros

I've tried out a lot of programs like this but this one excels in the features Department. It's always being updated with plenty of new things to try, making it effortless to share with students and other collaborators. Everyone wins with this one!

Cons

The one thing this program could improve in is that of timely customer support. It seems for the user with the free account any questions or concerns one may have may end up being put on the shelf for quite a while before the issue is resolved.

Super versatile tool for remote teams

Reviewed on 2020-03-26

Overall it's been great for roadmapping, planning, designing, and gathering feedback. It's been mostly positive.

Pros

I love the templates that allow you to spin up a board in seconds and have a great platform to begin from. The collaborative visibility that you have of seeing everyones mouses is brilliant. I have seen some teams do some really cool stuff with this tool.

Cons

It can be a bit of a learning curve for those who don't use the tool everyday. I've run into some issues in sessions that I've facilitated where people were getting hung up on how to move things around/edit that inhibited the productivity of the session.