Miro

4.3/5

Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Reviewed on 3/22/2021

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Surbhi

Miro is the new Hero!

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Overall experience was good, as first we tried the free version then we purchased the license for 5 users for 1 month duration.

Pros

best thing about Miro is that the data is safe and secure.The ready-made framework helps you buildup on the idea present and also helps you start thinking.Online collaboration is the other best thing which make the task easy.Also, there customer support provided by the team is excellent

Cons

its bit a hassle to understand the tool when you are new. the UI can be more user friendly.

Conceptboard and Microsoft Whiteboard

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Due to its some add on features and ease of access we preferred Miro
Samuel
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Bad customer service, complaints handling

Reviewed on 12/28/2022

Cons

Total waste of time. I asked Miro team to cancel my membership, they do not reply to you. There is no telephone line working, they keep charging your credit card and do not respect customersI had a bad experience with Miro. I email support team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT].I had to open a complaint with my bank and credit card issuer to stop payment I have not hers from Miro team, they only use automated responses for email

Jose

• Customer Support Software

Miro, and the use of an agile perspective of collaborative and team work.

Reviewed on 11/20/2022

It's a spectacular platform, which allows developing joint work for dynamic and complex environments in a simple way, in addition to having multiple integrations with third parties, and the incorporation of agile methodologies such as kanban, predesigned templates, and the facility to parameterize the application with the logo and colors of the organization.

Pros

It's useful for teamwork and task assignment, with the possibility of making notifications, generating progress in real-time or asynchronously, producing and documenting strategies, setting team goals, designing workflows, and generally maintaining communication with all participants.

Cons

Although collaborating on boards using our mobile might not be so easy, Miro has developed an APP to keep us interacting with our work team using our smartphones, and from here we can incorporate ideas and post comments without the need to be in front of a laptop.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Miro truly helps my Brain

Reviewed on 11/30/2022

Overall Miro is helping me do more than map out ideas and processes. It is helping me shift how I see the seemingly disconnected areas or tasks in both my business and personal life. As someone that constantly wants to offload ideas and thoughts into a notebook or doc, Miro helps me a bit further by almost "thinking with me", if that makes sense. I highly recommend using it when you need to shift your perspective in some way, or when you would like to both look at the big picture and path, and also get very clear on the smaller steps or components.

Pros

Miro makes it really easy to map out ideas and workflows, step by step. It is an intuitive program that understands how mind mapping works, and in the process helps me think through processes in more detail. At the moment I am using the free version and there is already plenty for me to use to plan out my sales launch, product development, and internal goals.

Cons

As a free user the boards I create are "shared" and open to the public. Although I cannot imagine how someone would stumble onto my boards, I don't feel very secure knowing they are in some way accessible and open to the web. I understand that many programs do this at their free level, but for software that holds information on internal processes, ideation, etc, it feels misaligned. Perhaps I myself do not fully understand how this "open" access works, and in that case it would be helpful for this pain doubt to be addressed early on.

Great for cross-team collaborations, quite pricey for small teams.

Reviewed on 12/8/2022

Pros

I've been using Miro in my organization for the past 8 months. It was a refreshing experience, as there are really many possibilities to use, from bug-solving, planning of retro's, weekly's, product reviews and new features to team management. It is easy to learn and in a short time you are able to use it for your advantage.

Cons

The navigation system is screwed up and you can always see somebody move something by accident. While it's easy to roll back those changes, to those less detail-oriented it can be tricky to recall what was made on purpose and what was not. The recent integration with Google Meet is not working as desired. People were having connectivity issues, access issues or were muted in original source then in Miro were not heard, it is still being displayed in another window, etc. I do feel like this is the way to proceed and having it inside a meeting like Google, Teams or Zoom is a great way to reduce those multi tabs, but it needs to be improved.

Pulkit

A Complete Tool for Wire-framing and Brainstorming

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Overall, it's a wonderful design and product tool having so many innovative features to explore. Any different kind of Product flow or journey or idea can be easily created, pitched and shared using Miro board.

Pros

The product is a collaborative tool allowing multiple users to work together on an idea and derive actionable insights on ideas. The templates are the best part of the tool. They are a very good kick start to all the ideas.

Cons

The cost is a little high as per other softwares in the market. Also, I face some issues when using Flowcharts as the boxes don't auto align themselves.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Miro is a solid collaboration and management tool, even for non-techies

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

I like using Miro and its features, especially the whiteboard and the mind maps...it even helped with my family tree building for a project. Working with others has been super easy, whether or not we are on a video call with each other at the time.

Pros

First, I love sticky notes, and I can use virtual sticky notes in the whiteboard feature and a few others. Second, the editing and element creation is easy and relatively self-explanatory, so even folks who aren't very techie can use it fairly easily.

Cons

Line creation took a little effort to figure out, but I only needed to play around a bit to get it.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

My go to tool for workshop planning

Reviewed on 12/22/2022

I use Miro on a regular basis when working with both my clients and colleagues internally. We run Scrum sessions, requirements gathering workshops and planning using Miro. It's great when you need everyone to contribute to the board and don't have to invest much time or money to get ahead.

Pros

I love how quickly Miro is to pick up and run with. Even complete beginners can start using Miro with little to now training or onboarding. I find that recently the changes to how additional elements are added to the workspace is not as good as it used to be but I am still a huge fan of all the different options of making the workspace 'work' for you.

Cons

Manipulating workflows, templates, adding and removing items from the space can be a bit tricky. Say if you wanted to select everything in front of you quickly, you have to be careful to over select or drag items out of their places.

• Industry: Capital Markets
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Interesting plataform

Reviewed on 1/25/2023

Pros

A good opinion about Miro is that it is a highly collaborative and versatile online whiteboard platform that allows users to easily brainstorm, plan, and organize ideas in real-time with others. The platform offers a wide range of features such as sticky notes, shapes, drawings, and diagrams, making it a great tool for remote teams and classrooms.

Cons

A bad opinion about Miro is that it can be expensive for larger teams, and some users may find the interface overwhelming or confusing to navigate. Additionally, some users may find that the platform does not integrate well with other tools they are already using.

Andoni
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage.

It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas.

It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace.

I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand.

Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile.

Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork.

In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas.
I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro.

Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture.
I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference.

It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Milanote, Canva and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Trello, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)
Melissa

• Customer Support Software

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

Reviewed on 5/18/2022

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Veljko
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting...

Reviewed on 4/21/2020

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Kenneth
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Tracing paper and pen in a virtual environment

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

With remote working, collaborating on complex design related problems became much more difficult. Screen sharing with snapping images and marking up was a quick fix, however this was slow and a 1-way communication.

MIRO solved all of this and became the virtual equivalent of rolling out tracing paper and having a handful of people developing the design simultaneously.

I think that it would be useful to enhance the sketching experience further. If there could be a virtual tracing paper with variable opacity to contain (group) a series of sketches similar to a frame this would be useful. This is currently possible with multiple objects but it becomes unwieldy. This would also allow the development of a simple layer system.

Partial deletion of a hand drawn line would be really helpful.
(I have in mind some of the user-experience of the Procreate sketching iPad app)

Pros

I found MIRO intuitive with no training necessary. You can invite collaborators effortlessly with only browser access required. This has been transformational for me during remote working.

Cons

When boards become large, the download process can be a little slow and it sometimes trips up with downloading the content that is currently in the viewer's screen. This can easily be resolved by archiving and starting a new board.

Perhaps an option of local caching some content could be useful.

Syamir

Flexible digital whiteboard

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Now I Can't Live Without It

Reviewed on 9/22/2021

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent collaboration tool for brainstorming sessions or workshops.

Reviewed on 6/11/2022

Its a great tool for stakeholder interviews and online collaboration.

Pros

Me and my team has extensively used Miro as a preferred collaboration tool to brainstorm on product feature ideas, taking focus group interviews or conducting workshops. If you need multiple stakeholders or team members to work on a whiteboard/canvas simultaneously (in parallel), this is your go-to tool. The best part is that Miro provides you a bird's eye view of everything you have done in a workshop.

Cons

One big challenge is that there is no offline functionality. Also, Miro provides a lot of pre-defined templates but if would like to customize those templates as per your needs, it can be really tricky to do so.

The best organizer

Reviewed on 4/7/2020

I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros

Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons

I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

Manabu
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great Way to Visually Collaborate and Link to Specific Spots in a Page

Reviewed on 10/7/2021

We have some basic need to communicate the UI designs in our web-based app we are developing and doing this visually, dynamically across our plant is essential in the speed and accuracy of development as well as having the history as we are in a most highly regulated Healthcare industry.

Pros

We really like the way to visually collaborate among our develop team members. This so far is the most advanced in many drawing type products I have used before. Also enormously powerful is that about any object on the page can have a link. This means that I can pin-point and lead people to the specific spot or from another page when the pages get huge.

Cons

Sometimes the product slows down when we have many objects on the page. The "app" is great, but it is hard to use with multiple oAuth accounts. There seems to be no effortless way of completely logging out of one oAuth account. We had the same issue on our own app we developed, so this is a common issue, but that must be addressed.

Philip
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

• Customer Support Software

Miro is like magic! A powerful software that can help unlock new possibilities

Reviewed on 6/29/2022

Miro has to be one of my favorite software discoveries in the past ten years. It has tremendous potential to change how you work and achieve productivity.

Pros

I love working with Miro solo but it's even better with a collaborator who really commits to making the most of the features that are available. It has made me feel so much more dynamic in my communication and collaboration.

Cons

Miro limits free accounts to just three boards so it's not as easy to attract new users as I would like to because people are less willing to learn a software that they can't use much on their own without paying for a subscription.

Tom
  • Industry: Management Consulting

An intuitive tool for collaboration and canvassing

Reviewed on 5/4/2022

Overall, we are keen advocates of Miro. It has helped us to run more effective workshops without relying on endless physical post-it notes, and to collaborate effectively despite having a distributed workforce and client base.

Pros

Miro empowers us to run more effective client and internal workshops, whether wholly in-person, virtually or hybrid. Miro’s broad range of templates and canvassing tools allows us to focus on delivering client value.

Cons

Though recent product updates have included the introduction of a voting function, a broader range of interactive features would help us to better engage audiences and provide more impressive workshop experiences.

Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has integrations to a number of other products in our tech stack (notably Monday.com and Microsoft Teams).
Jack
  • Industry: Design

Teams experience

Reviewed on 4/14/2021

Overall really positive its made collaboration on design projects while working remotely a breeze. Almost good enough to replace F2F if i'm honest. I've recommended Miro to a few people think it would be great if it integrated with MS teams too in an ideal world but even still a great stand-alone tool.

Pros

Love the tools available overall. So easy to get started on a design project and collaboration is slick and painless. Also a little detail i like is that when you paste a link onto a board it appears as a little window instead of just a messy link, really nice little detail.

Cons

The whole teams system could do with a change. Its very messy at the moment, especially using the free version when you can only edit 3 boards in a team at once. Who owns boards isn't always obvious and it seems like the Just Me section isnt working properly (for me at least) as I am seeing everybody's boards instead of just my own

Faruk

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

Reviewed on 7/29/2021

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.

Liza
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

• Customer Support Software

Through its collaborative features, all members can stay on the same page to reach ideal...

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

For example, Miro allowed us to collaborate by making sure that all of our team members were involved, as well as getting their approval for the plans. This kept things very structured and streamlined a lot of the previously unnecessary procedures and meetings.

Pros

Miro has provided us with a platform for teamwork and communication that keeps everyone on the same page. For brainstorming solutions to problems and conducting effective interactive sessions, the Miro Whiteboard is a fantastic tool. It's great to be able to collect team members' thoughts and opinions on a certain issue using emojis, shapes, and colors, and then share that information with others. My favorite thing about his work is that it can be shared in a variety of ways because of his ability to stimulate team cooperation and encourage the sharing of ideas, information, plans, and stunning visuals for reporting. I enjoy Miro's user-friendly design, which everyone can immediately adjust to, and the abundance of ready-made templates that make it easy to create a suitable model for the subject at hand.

Cons

Miro is easy to use, straightforward and produces high-quality results. Miro has nothing to dislike except for the inefficiency of the mobile phone system.

Stella

Miro is my pandemic best friend.

Reviewed on 4/15/2021

I've been using Miro actively for about a year now and I can say that it's definitely upgraded and changed its game since I started. I've been openly recommending it and talking about it with peers and colleagues. It's a great tool and I can't wait to keep using it.

Pros

Miro is a great whiteboarding tool that is, at the core, easy to use and navigate. And, it's a joy to explore the tool as well. It's very friendly in a sense that it doesn't intimidate new users (as platforms like Adobe or Figma might), which is great when you're collaborating with people who aren't from design teams. The implementation of the miroverse and being able to explore a multitude of templates has been one of my favorite updates thus far. It's allowed me to understand and see the potential of Miro beyond what I tend to use it for. I find the timer tool (with the music update) to be extremely effective when I facilitate workshops internally or with people from other teams as well. The snap to grid tool is awesome.

Cons

I don't know why I can't increase font-size beyond 288px. Sometimes when I'm whiteboarding and really in the zone, I don't think about my dimensions or sizing and I get really frustrated when I size up the text and the textboxes elongate and enlarge automatically. I also don't know why I can't make the text inside sticky notes bold, and why there are only two font options for them.