Semrush

4.6 (1,419)
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(1,419)

1,419 reviews

Anuj K.

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 2021-09-21

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Yassine E.

• Customer Support Software

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

Reviewed on 2021-09-04

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services.
Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements.
IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Serpstat and Searchmetrics Suite

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

In my point of view, Semrush does more than just help you analyze your competitors. Semrush can assist you in conducting competitive research. It enables you to do competition research on your competitors. In essence, it discovers all websites that perform well for related keywords and provides an accurate estimate of traffic for the top 20 keywords that each of these websites uses. You will not an all in one tool but Semrush.
Julio A.

You can't drive blind

Reviewed on 2021-05-20

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

First off I had to jump back and forth between applications and sometimes you prefer to have things all under one hood. I still use the other tools mentioned but not nearly as much.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

the look feel and initial presentation of the dashboard
Lindsey B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

A Must-Have for Professional Content Creators

Reviewed on 2021-06-21

Pros

SEMrush is the ultimate analytics tool for content writers and website creators, in my opinion. As a copywriter, I need to know what people are searching for on the internet so I can write optimized content to help clients rank well on search engines. SEMrush is the best of the best for all things keyword research, managing backlinks, and auditing the health + quality of your website.

Cons

It can take a while to learn all the features. If you don't have someone to teach you how to understand each function, It can be confusing. But as with any other tool, it takes time.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Good reputation and better structure of features.
Muhammad A.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool. But very expensive for smaller businesses

Reviewed on 2021-04-06

Great tool. Couldn't keep using it as price was prohibitively high for my needs as a small business owner. But for medium to large organizations with 250,000+ visitors a month, it would make perfect sense.

Pros

Has pretty much every little thing you could need to manage your Search performance, intelligence and optimization. Plus the educational tools it offers alongside are very useful. If only it were not that expensive.

Cons

Price. I'd say the UI as well. Can sometimes look a bit outdated sometimes. If they can be a bit more competitively priced and polish up the dashboard UI, they would be perfect.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Not enough features. Very basic kinda tool.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Bigger keyword library. Different reports that offered more relevant data.
Stuart S.

A Comprehensive SEO Solution

Reviewed on 2020-05-29

My clients expect me to sustain and / or improve their ranking in organic search. With SEMrush, I am able to see what's working and what's not, and make appropriate adaptations to strategy and tactics.

Pros

I use back link gap and keyword gap analyses regularly as I optimize client content and link profiles. The content writing tool suite is also excellent. This capability goes well beyond simple suggestions of content length, keyword density, and readability. Instead, offers insights from the best ranking content with which you will be competing. I was able to eliminate a subscription to a point solution that offered similar insights.

Cons

SEMrush evolves rapidly, so expect to travel a learning curve regularly, as features mature and integrations become more comprehensive. That said, the customer service team is easily accessed and will work with you to explain the sometimes surprising nuances or curious behaviors of some of the tools.

SpyFu, Moz Pro and Ahrefs

SpyFu, Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

At the time I selected SEMrush, I liked the pricing and interface better than Moz and Ahrefs. SpyFu was not sufficiently developed, but has matured nicely. At this point, given my familiarity with SEMrush and how they do things, I would be unlikely to switch.

Response from SEMrush

Hi, Stuart! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really happy to know that you had such a great experience with our team and tool!

Tarunabh D.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

My favourite SEO Research Tool

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

SEMrush has all the features built-in, that are required for a proper professional level SEO research. Although the general opinion is that Ahrefs is better than SEMrush, but personally, I have found SEMrush to be the best suited for my keyword and SEO optimized content research. The layout and interface is neat and when I tried the app, for the first time, it hardly took me five minutes to understand the navigation and features, and I could immediately get down to my research work. SEMrush enables me to tremendous amount of research work, within a very short span, with impressive accuracy and very reliable result data. If anyone can afford SEMrush subscription, then there's no need to look any further for other tools.

Pros

My favorite feature of SEMrush is the ability to export SEO Research Reports in PDF format, neatly arranged in a professionally presentable format, that can also be archived and stored for reading and detailed research later on, because SEMrush can generate thousands of very accurate results.
The Domain level organic SEO Research reveals very crucial information of any competitor's or personal domain - including very detailed and vital information like all the active backlinks, anchor keywords, trends, competitors' web pages and urls, and all ranking and top keywords from any given website. The Keyword research has one of the best performance, my favorite being the Keyword Magic tool that enables me to build a whole research campaign surrounding any given keyword with related keywords, phrase match, related questions, and so on. The SEO Content template tool is sufficient for doing any type of content writing and along with the Topic Research Tool, pretty much covers all aspects of building a professional SEO-friendly content around any topic and niche.

Cons

The prices are ridiculously high and even if you pay high fees for the Pro plan, you still cannot access to certain important features.
So it's not an affordable solution for individuals.
Apart from the high price, there is hardly any fault with this tool.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Tarunabh, thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing model! It is very appreciated!

Janet W.

• Customer Support Software

SEMrush is great for beginners to advanced SEO team members!

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Overall, I've been very happy with SEMrush as an administrator and user. I always feel supported by SEMrush, which is great for a 1-person SEO team!

Pros

I love ALL the trainings, webinars and resources, they not only make the software easy to use, but teaches me new things about SEO. The tool is already pretty easy to use too! I love how I can make notations and change statuses in the tool to track progress. Support team is awesome! Price is simply great too.

Cons

If you're brand new to SEO, the functions and features may be a bit hard to use, you'll need to rely on the training videos, courses and all the resources, but they'll take care of you.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush was the best price with all the features we needed. We're a small business and needed to keep to a strict budget. Plus the reviews were great!

Response from SEMrush

Hi Janet, thank you so much for your awesome review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Peter K.

• Customer Support Software

The closest thing to a perfect all-in-one solution

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Research is huge and I'm able to provide a ton of helpful data for my clients and we're able to come up with marketing solutions together.

Pros

Being able to do keyword research is the priority.
Finding topic ideas is a great feature.
Keeping track of projects is simple.
Backlink research and finding gaps.
PPC research features.

Cons

The one thing that it doesn't really do is replace Google Analytics.

Also, I really liked the SEO writing assistant when I used it early on. However, it is quite a bit of a price jump to be able to use it and it would be a better decision to use a different software for it instead.

SpyFu and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Even though it's on the pricier side, SEMRush does the best job of doing the most number of things when it comes to research and providing valuable data. I've been a user of SEMRush for 5+ years now and I can't imagine not using it daily.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Peter, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools and can't imagine your daily work without them!

Greg D.

• Customer Support Software

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

Reviewed on 2017-10-10

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share.

I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days of SEO, but it's close. You can search keywords and actually return quality, actionable data that you can use in your AdWords campaigns, on-site SEO, and Social Media optimization.

Then once you've found the words you're looking for the Keyword Magic function allows you to drill down and discover long-tail and phrase match keywords. Whether you're looking for keywords to help you rank locally, nationally, or across the world, SEMRush is the best option for the money in my opinion.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there.

That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Franklin G.

• Customer Support Software

SEMrush is my preferred, go-to tool for market research

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

I've used SEMrush on a daily basis for over 5 years. It has delivered powerful insights that help us understand the competitive landscape so that we can delivery clarity and confidence to our clients about the best ways to compete. It exposes gaps in competitor strategies that our clients can benefit from so that they can outperform the competition without outspending them.

Pros

SEMrush is easy to use and provides powerful insights into competitor websites that we need to research for our clients.

Cons

I wish the data was real-time or at least updated more regularly. I would also like more options for local research. The keyword research isn't as useful as I would like, so I use other software to help with most keyword research.

SpyFu and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Ease of use, powerful insights.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Franklin, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools. We'd like to get more feedback from you on what you'd want to add to our Keyword Research tools - if you have a minute, please email/DM us in social media with your thoughts!

Chamath N.

The best and powerful SEO tool I ever used

Reviewed on 2019-03-21

I would rate my overall experience with the software as very high. I started using it only lately and with great expectations because of its rising reputation. The software has proved its reputation and fulfilled its promises. I rate it as the best among all the other similar SaaS that I have used in the past.

Pros

SEMrush has grown as a big time favourite in the domain of SaaS in the past decade or so. It has captured all types of clients, big and small due to its versatility and powerful package. Some of the well known clients include Quora, eBay, BNP Paribas etc. It has been awarded the best SEO suite of 2018 by various agencies like MENA, SEMY US Search Awards.
Pros -
The package has a complete SEO solution for any company looking to improve in digital marketing. Some of the best features that I like are :-
(a) SEMrush has got the best multi domain support across the board.
(b) Its keyword analysis is one of the best that you can find. Daily position checks can be undertaken on a host of keywords for all your projects for a quick health check.
(c) My favourite aspect about the software is however its reporting element, with which you can generate professional reports rich in data in real quick time.
(d) The SERP ranking tracking is pretty much as good as it can get.
(e) I also like their highly intuitive UX and the simplicity of its usage.

Cons

Cons -
There is nothing really to be a con in case of SEMrush. However, if I have to state the least liked features, my list is as under :-
(a) Although it is easy to use, but that is if you are an expert. It is not that easy to understand all its features, as there are many of them. But that in a way is good, if you are ready to learn.
(b) The price being on a higher side is a bit of a drawback. But again, if you want so many features in a single package, the price will be high.

Cody J.

• Customer Support Software

Good product with reasonable price

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

With SEMRush you are able to run tons of reports on most websites at an affordable cost.

Pros

- robust features
- new features often
- great projects feature
- good customer support
- often times really good data

Cons

- Sometimes it is a little glitchy
- in some cases, limited data, but this is somewhat expected
- the policy on number of seats is a little silly since it's targeted towards agencies

Dave C.

Quick Insights and Ideas

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Saves us hours and hours of time every week.

Pros

We have hundreds of thousands of pages so to be able to quickly see any improvements or issues that need fixing it critical.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to switch between certain reports.

Preferred the data

Preferred the data

Response from SEMrush

Thanks for leaving this great review, Dave! We appreciate it & are glad you're enjoying the suite :)

Candance H.

Any Marketing Agency Is Missing Out If They Are Not Using SEMrush

Reviewed on 2020-10-21

Pros

This is a great platform for both organic and paid media. Very granular data for our clients, ourselves and competitor analysis. It's great to be able to set up each client as a project within SEMrush to be able to track overall their ads, organic and traffic. We us the competitor analytics when doing business development as well as when running audits for leads and current clients.

Cons

There is a learning curve when first starting to use SEMrush. There are a lot of great features but not as straightforward for anyone new to sing a software like this.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush was more comprehensive then SpyFu. It gave us more quality data for the membership we are on compared to what SpyFu was offering.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Candance, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Great All Rounder

Reviewed on 2020-05-28

Pros

Used SEMRush for keyword research and content marketing. It has given a boost to our client's online marketing efforts. Data, volume, backlinks and other insights SEM Rush delivers are top-notch

The most desirable feature is the content marketing tool. The tool assists with keyword research, topic ideas, content optimiser, etc. Website audits and the lead get tools can come handy. The next important one close to the content marketing tool is backlink analysis.

The free tools offered by SEMRush are a nice addition. It also allows us to quickly create professional reports with a few clicks. Compared to the other tools which deliver similar results, the cost for SEMRush is much better in terms of the value it delivers. However, the subscription can get expensive before you know it.

Cons

Subscription can get expensive before you know it. Not a good option to recommend for beginners.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

A set of all-in-one tools for a lesser cost.

Response from SEMrush

Hi! Thanks for giving us such a great review! We really appreciate it and are happy that you're getting a lot out of SEMrush's tools.

Martin G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Semrush functionalities

Reviewed on 2020-05-29

I use SEMRUSH as the go tool for analysis and seo performance. Site health and keyword research amon other activities. So far the tool it has proved its worth look forward to see upcoming advancements

Pros

up-to-date tools and analysis, nice user interface and good power tools. Easy to use and extent knowledge base with academy. Varied type of analysis for a SEO analyst and easy integrations with essential tools

Cons

To have access to things like the API or new tools like the canibalization report you need to pay for the next tier subscription. For many companies or SEOs this may be beyond budget. I tried to reach customer service very difficult to have a response not so good on that front

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

it seems a more rounded tool but need to admit that I see the value of having 2 tools for example SEMRUSH and ahrefs

Response from SEMrush

Hi Martin! Thanks a lot for leaving us this review, we are glad you like using the tool! You can easily start an online chat with one of our representatives on the website, we will be happy to help with any question you may have regarding our tools!

Katlego T.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

A great way to track your keyword ranking

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Overall this is a great tool. You will have a few first page ranking pages in no time if you follow the suggestions and ideas that the tool provides

Pros

Gives really great suggestions on what strategies, phrases and content to add

Cons

The limit on how many units you get to refresh campaigns makes it a little expensive over time especially for a company in SOuth Africa. The exchange rate is of ZAR/USD is quite steep.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

The moz user interface wasnt the greatest and the workflow takes some getting used to. SEMRush is more intuitive.

Moz Pro

Response from SEMrush

Thanks for leaving this wonderful review, Katlego! We appreciate it & are glad you're enjoying the suite :)

Molly H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Magic SEO & PPC Tool

Reviewed on 2019-12-13

As a PPC specialist and digital marketer I help clients boost their online presence through both SEO tactics and paid strategy.

SEMrush helps me plan and analyze to deliver results that truly life my clients bottom line.

Pros

SEMrush is a wonderful tool with a vast amount of in-depth features that will help you improve SEO and PPC for your business. This tool delivers in every way to work smarter and not harder. Its all-in-one design boasts SEO, paid search, social media and also market research tools for both e-commerce and enterprise solutions. As a Pay -per-Click (PPC ) specialist I've used SEMrush for years. Favorite tools are competitor analysis, keyword magic tool, and the domain management tool. While I take some of the data with a grain of salt as everyone should its output within these tools has truly allowed me to grow my clients business in an easy and efficient way. IF your looking to do less work but gain great insights and actionable to do's then SEMrush is for you!

Cons

There really aren't any cons about SEMrush. The software has an overabundance of tools that would take a while to list in the pros.

If you are a beginner to SEO or PPC the user face and amount of tools may be intimidating.

While the price is a worthy investment - if you are not well versed in SEO or PPC or are just in need of the tool for one blog or a small website it may not be worth the money.

For advanced users, it is important to remember that many tools like SEMrush will have a varying degree of data accuracy - I would not take the numbers they present as 100% accurate.

Emily D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Essential

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Fantastic and used at every company I have been with

Pros

Rely on semrush daily for SERP monitoring and assistance with writing site content that competes

Cons

Can be a bit fragmented and unsure where to go for what

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Used semrush before VS moz and found it more user friendly
Neal S.

• Customer Support Software

Powerful toolkit for internet marketers & SEOs.

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

The tools are very reliable and error-free. If you ever need help, SEMRush support is fast and helpful.

Pros

Whether you are boosting an existing client's website or prospecting for new clients, SEMRush is a powerful set of tools. If you are trying to get a new internet marketing/SEO client, some of the well-designed reports are very convincing closing tools. If you're serious about online marketing, you need this platform.

Cons

SEMRush has so many tools and options in it's platform, there is a learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I preferred the layout and design of some of the features, especially search visibility reports.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Neal, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Iqra Z.

The Best and Nice Platform for Digital Marketing Professionals

Reviewed on 2020-07-09

I am using SEMrush in my office and I have added my company website in our SEMrush account. Before publishing any content in our website, first we research and find the best keywords at SEMrush. I do a technical SEO audit for the website. So I can see the errors, warning, and notices about our website. I really love SEMrush and I am really satisfied with SEMrush because we have increased our sales in the market with the SEMrush.

Pros

SEMrush is an incredible source for digital marketing experts. You can add your website domain name and then lots of things you can do in SEMrush. Like you can check the number of backlinks you have for your website. You can find and research a lot of ideas about keywords. Even with the Magic Keyword tool, you can generate keywords for your campaigns. Even if you have an e-commerce website, you can drive more sales, if you are using SEMrush.

Cons

There are lots of features and functions in SEMrush and I have found these features very awesome and useful for our business. I never faced any issue or a problem in SEMrush. So according to my point of view, there are no cons. It's really fabulous and perfect.

Response from SEMrush

Thank you so much for the amazing review and feedback on our tools! We are happy you enjoy using SEMrush!

Savannah P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Solution for Content-Driven Companies

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

I really appreciate the customer service, constant innovation in the availability of new tools, and ways to make my everyday work easier with tips/tricks, tools, and resources! I am a very happy SEMRush customer, and I hope to be for years to come.

Pros

Live content checks, actionable page-by-page analyses, customizable reports, competitor research

Cons

It seems like there are a decent amount of issues with automated reports and the dashboard going down. A few things have changed (widgets on reports, for example), without a notice to users, causing me to find these changes out on my own and have to figure out how to work around them or change something in my account

Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Pricing, breadth of tools available

Response from SEMrush

Hi Savannah, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools and use SEMrush for your business! For any questions on the tools, we will be happy to assist you by email: [email protected]!

Sacha M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to capture market data and SEO trends & optimizations

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

Overall, great, this is my favorite solution when it comes to domain and keyword analysis.

Pros

Very powerful reporting, lots of features

Cons

Position tracking (SEO) and keyword management can be a big cumbersome.
Some reporting features are lacking.

Price and features

Moz Pro

Response from SEMrush

Hi Sacha, thank you so much for your review! We will consider your feedback on the reporting features :)

Michael L.

Worthwhile investmenet

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Very positive - it is really worth the money, and it's largely intuitive.

Pros

This suite of tools allows me to help my clients achieve amazing SEO results, and create a decent income for myself.

Cons

Sometimes the features don't work in a way I'd like them to - but it's just the way they have chosen them to work.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Easier UX, simpler to use.