SEMrush Reviews

SEMrush

Online visibility management and content marketing SaaS platform

4.6/5 (757 reviews)
Amanda M.

Worth the purchase!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2019

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Ankur S.

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Reviewed on 8/21/2019

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

Reviewed on 8/27/2019

We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions.

Google Ads analysis and keyword competition provides insight on how to create a niche for our clients. Not to mention, spying on competing businesses and their estimated Google Ad spend. We've managed to address ad optimization for stronger performance.

SEMRush seems to be continuing to improve the product. For example, the On Page SEO Checker provides detailed analysis on additional keyword word usage and phrase usage to help improve pages. Although it is not perfect, it is definitely being improved and helps provide guidance.

Pros

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains
- Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words
- Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring
- Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

Cons

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

Calin H.

I've used this in a few different positions working on a wide range of SEO campaigns.

Reviewed on 5/30/2018

It really is a great one-stop-shop for all your SEO and PPC tools which is fantastic. So if you're looking for an easy package to cover most all of your digital marketing needs then this is really about the best that you can do.

Pros

This is about the best all-around SEO software that you can find. It does a good job at about everything and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The competitive analysis is really the best reason to buy the software, it's comprehensive and gives you a good look at potential competitors. There are always new features being added and tested which is fantastic and gives the software good value. Some features are better than others, but the audit and competitive analysis really are fantastic. I've used the software in various forms including Business, Guru and free. The free version gives you a taste, but the full experience is generally worth the money. Guru is worth the extra money over Pro as it gives you branded reports and the ability to manage quite a few more projects. Exports and reoccurring reports are very nice and simple to set up.

Overall, this is a great tool for SEO and PPC campaigns. If you need an all-in-one type software solution then I would recommend SEMrush as it's probably the most well-rounded tool you can find.

Cons

If you're looking for rank tracking then I'd suggest looking elsewhere, it's a little wonky and not as easy to use as other rank tracking solutions. However, if you don't want to buy multiple pieces of software then the rank tracker will get the job done. The software is kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'; so you'll be able to get by with just this as your main piece of software, but if you want something a little more specialized then you should probably look elsewhere. You might end up not using a lot of the tools because there is so much to explore, but most of the tools that are there are pretty valuable. Other than that, some of the reports need some extra interpretation if you are going to present them to a client which isn't optimal but is understandable.

Eligreg L.

A SEO tool for those who want to get things done

Reviewed on 8/15/2019

I got a taste of everything SEMrush can do after attending one of their great seminars (they're really good at content marketing and that includes events), that made me purchase the tool and I'm in a hurry to make my money's worth of SEO audits.

Pros

Everything around SEO and content marketing gets absolutely DONE. SEMrush really goes out of its way to help the user (and more importantly, every business owner) get the results they want with every single tool they can think of. From SEO auditing (in seconds) to Social Media Marketing, SEMrush is the tool to handle all your inbound efforts.

Cons

As a freelancer SEO consultant, SEMrush can get a bit pricey for the work I do. For businesses is great, but us the freelancers take the punch with the pricing, given the frequency of our income.

Nimanthi R.

is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 4/26/2019

This enables them to exploit those as limited time open doors just as to widen their gathering of people reaches. Furthermore, the arrangement educates organizations what individuals are buzzing concerning on the web for them to discover a subject they can turn and identify with their merchandise and ventures.

Pros

SEMrush is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives. It gives proficient full perceivability into traffic originating from various correspondence channels and to pick up knowledge into the effectivity of their advertising approaches. As SEMrush gives significant commitment data, computerized advertisers are better furnished to position the brands they work with higher in the web crawler rankings and in the cognizance of their objective market by means of other media and strategies. In addition, SEMrush empowers promoting experts to pick up influence over their opposition by giving them profitable understanding into what their shoppers and prospects are keen on. When they have distinguished those points, they can utilize them in making all the more captivating substance. Exhaustive catchphrase looks into apparatus and area examination. Backlink following. Work area/versatile pursuit breakdowns. Venture based SEO crusade structure is particularly valuable. Catchphrase proposals and proactive SEO suggestions.

Cons

Needs watchword list the executives. A large number of its most inventive instruments includes still convey a beta tag. Competitive Advantage. SEMrush offers information into the SEO strategies of contending brands. The arrangement demonstrates organizations what catchphrases support contenders' web crawler positioning, for them to make a technique that can counter that. Vital Advertising With SEMrush, organizations can contrast their promoting approaches and those of their opponents. Thusly, brands can discover what makes their rivals prominent with the shoppers promoting savvy. This additionally enables them to modify their financial plans by revealing the advertisement spend and return their rivalries have. Extended Social Media Reach A major piece of buyers is via web-based networking media channels. That is the reason it is basic for organizations to be the place their objective clients are. These stages can be used to augment commitment and they additionally make it easy to quantify the execution of a brand's social technique. Strategic Content Marketing With SEMrush, brands can discover how famous they are among netizens.

7.0/10
Greg D.

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share.

I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days of SEO, but it's close. You can search keywords and actually return quality, actionable data that you can use in your AdWords campaigns, on-site SEO, and Social Media optimization.

Then once you've found the words you're looking for the Keyword Magic function allows you to drill down and discover long-tail and phrase match keywords. Whether you're looking for keywords to help you rank locally, nationally, or across the world, SEMRush is the best option for the money in my opinion.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there.

That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Mithil P.

A must have audit tool for your business

Reviewed on 8/22/2019

It has been great mainly due to the added value it provides to my new business pitches and research.

Pros

features like SEO audit, competitive landscapes, and social audit are the pros of this product. IT is much easier to use than any other product out there.

Cons

Lack of customer service. I need to rely on blogs and communities to train myself.

Chamath N.

The best and powerful SEO tool I ever used

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 3/21/2019

I would rate my overall experience with the software as very high. I started using it only lately and with great expectations because of its rising reputation. The software has proved its reputation and fulfilled its promises. I rate it as the best among all the other similar SaaS that I have used in the past.

Pros

SEMrush has grown as a big time favourite in the domain of SaaS in the past decade or so. It has captured all types of clients, big and small due to its versatility and powerful package. Some of the well known clients include Quora, eBay, BNP Paribas etc. It has been awarded the best SEO suite of 2018 by various agencies like MENA, SEMY US Search Awards.
Pros -
The package has a complete SEO solution for any company looking to improve in digital marketing. Some of the best features that I like are :-
(a) SEMrush has got the best multi domain support across the board.
(b) Its keyword analysis is one of the best that you can find. Daily position checks can be undertaken on a host of keywords for all your projects for a quick health check.
(c) My favourite aspect about the software is however its reporting element, with which you can generate professional reports rich in data in real quick time.
(d) The SERP ranking tracking is pretty much as good as it can get.
(e) I also like their highly intuitive UX and the simplicity of its usage.

Cons

Cons -
There is nothing really to be a con in case of SEMrush. However, if I have to state the least liked features, my list is as under :-
(a) Although it is easy to use, but that is if you are an expert. It is not that easy to understand all its features, as there are many of them. But that in a way is good, if you are ready to learn.
(b) The price being on a higher side is a bit of a drawback. But again, if you want so many features in a single package, the price will be high.

Paul C.

Extremely Comprehensive Suite Of SEO Tools For The Digital Marketer

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/6/2019

We use the Keyword analysis and competitor analysis to help set future marketing strategies. The results of this analysis have helped us grow our online presence significantly. Knowing which keywords in our market to target, and importantly what our competitors are targeting and ranking for is invaluable information for our business.
Using the monitoring tools available we ensure our site is always optimized by fixing any issues flagged by SEMrush immediately. For example broken internal and external links can easily be fixed when raised as an issue.

Pros

SEMrush is a very comprehensive suite of tools that covers all the SEO needs of any digital marketer. From Keyword research, Competitor Analysis, Domain Analytics, Rank and Project Tracking the tools from SEMrush provide all the SEO data marketers need to help devise future marketing strategies as well as monitoring exisiting projects. The quality of the data is accurate meaning analysis results can be relied upon.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve when first using the tools simply because there is so much data that can be accessed and tracked. New and exisiting users will need to invest a fair amount of time to learn and set up the reports to meet their individual needs. The online SEMrush academy helps to solve this learning curve.

Josh O.

Pretty standard for SEO and digital marketing teams

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

Pros

SEMrush is our primary SEO tool and it really does it all, especially with the massive upgrades in the last year. It tracks keyword ranking positions, offers a few keyword research tools, and compares the domain to others related to it. You can automate reports that are white labeled, too. It also does domain analysis, backlink tracking, and site audits which we use all the time in our SEO business. They have recently rolled out link opportunity and outreach tools as well as brand monitoring on social media, though we haven't used those as much lately (but plan to).

Cons

SEMrush is an advanced tool for sure, not for newbies with little knowledge. However their support and tutorials are great. I'd like some more customization and styling options for the report tool, since we use SEMrush as our main report generator. Now we end up pasting images or combining it with other separate reports. I'd also like a client-facing dashboard for easy reporting. The keyword research tool isn't as good as the google one used to be, but now that google is making their keyword research tool more and more ridiculous, SEMrush is looking pretty good.

Dale D.

Great SEO tool with some hiccups.

Reviewed on 5/29/2019

It is great and it helped us and our clients to achieve high rankings.

Pros

SEMrush is one of the best tools I have tried to improve the SEO of my websites. In terms of keyword suggestions, projects management, as well as in organic keywords tracking, this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful. I can also spy on our competitors with ease and come up with a plan on how to beat them on the search engine.

Cons

I also observed that SEMrush offers updates for the platform from time to time. Apparently, this starts confusion on users because particular features are moved and removed within the interface.

Mike K.

Been using it for SEO optimising websites with great succes

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

For my clients i use SEMrush to find technical SEO issues and then come up with a plan to solve the issues. When that is done i use SEMrush for keyword research. First by scanning the website it self and then the competition. With this you can make a nice spy list of keywords before you throw it in the keyword magic tool to make a even bigger list.

After that a SEO plan for excisiting pages, and new pages and track it all with SEMrush and auto report it to the client.

Pros

- I was using multiple tools for tracking ranks, SEO research, and technical SEO. SEMrush offers it's all in 1 complete package.
- Automate report and also customise them for each client. (some want more info and some less).
- Nice overview off multiple projects.
- Good website audit that points out error's and then creates a list for solutions.
- EVERYTHING can be exported to pdf.
- Academy to learn how to use SEMrush, but also to learn alot about SEO and other topics.

Cons

- To many options, sometimes you forget that it's also in SEMRUSH
- Not all options are optimal (sometimes i miss some extra functions). But for most clients SEMrush covers my needs.
- Data is sometimes not up to date (visitor count etc, or other data is showed in analytics).

Kristy B.

Dive Deeper into Your Site's Analytics with SemRush

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

We are starting our 5th year of business in 2019 and have SemRush to thank for much of our success.

Pros

I own a small ecommerce business so analytics is critical for our success. I've tried a few other SEO services in the past but nothing beats SemRush in terms of features and accessibility. While other services' interfaces are clunky and hard to understand, SemRush lays everything out on their page in an easy-to-use format. The features are incredible, especially the Site Audit, which compares your keyword goals to the content that is already on your site and gives you tips on how you can rank higher for your chosen keywords. Even more incredibly, they provide "SEO templates" which makes content creation easy and friendly. It's nice to have such an easy platform for writing excellent-quality articles that converst. When you're only using Google Analytics, there's still a ton of information about your content and backlinks that you're not really seeing. SemRush makes this information available to you.

Cons

I wish the subscription cost was a bit cheaper.

Jeffrey S.

Incredibly robust and affordable platform

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Again, SEMRush offers a wealth of insights for our Paid and Organic web efforts. We get advanced analytics on page and keyword performance, opportunities for improvement and much more. I also appreciate that they offer ample free courses to help you improve your SEO skills and make the most of the platform.

SEMRush offers multiple dashboard views in order to give you a full perspective of your web landscape. The Content Builder is especially helpful, as it literally walks you through how to build fully optimized content based on a specific keyword. Great product.

Pros

Cons

The features can be a lot to handle, but fortunately they offer courses to help walk you through it.

Meisha B.

Robust Tool For SEO/PPC Research, Monitoring, and Reporting

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Solid research and monitoring tool for SEO/PPC campaigns. This tool should definitely be a part of your digital marketing arsenal, especially if you manage multiple clients/campaigns.

Pros

SEMrush offers a solid suite of research and monitoring tools for digital marketers. There is a slight learning curve but once you get in and use it the tools is fairly intuitive. I personally like the monitoring and reporting feature—you can enter your domain/s and set keywords to track, parameters and setting to filter out recommendations, etc. to customize the dashboard to your specifications. Reporting is a breeze as pretty much anything can be exported to a PDF. SEMrush also offers pretty handy research and competitive intel tools. They aren't so deep that you could get rid of other more niche tools, but a great starting point or full solution for small teams. They also offer a ton of support and free resources, which is always helpful and appreciated.

Cons

As with other platforms, you really need to take the time to get to know it and understand all of the features and functions to get the most out of it. Not a software problem, but something to keep in mind when you're evaluating options. Also another caveat of other platforms, the data they report is only as good as the source (Google) so take their competitive intel, suggested bids, etc. with a grain of salt—it's a great place to get started but can be inaccurate or out of date.

7.0/10

One of the best SEO tools to monitor website health and kw positions

Reviewed on 11/21/2018

Overall, a very rich tool - in information and easy to understand graphics.

Pros

What I like most is that Semrush offers a lot of useful features and they are constantly adding new ones and developing the tool. Positions tracking is only small part of it - you cancreate different projects to automatically track changes in positions for keywords that are important for your business - for ex. by geo location, which is very useful for an international business.

A great one is the Site Audit feature - which sums up pretty much all kinds of issues you're currently having with your website - like craw issues, hreflang conflicts, pages with 4xx status codes, broken links, duplicate or missing meta information.

The competitor analysis feature is awesome - you can analyze your competition and where you stand comparing to them and perform gap analysis - where they rank where you don't, etc.

I like the backlink audit tool, because it was useful in detecting "toxic" backlinks we weren't aware of. The number of analyzed links is low in comparison to our overall backlink profile, but still, it's a very useful feature since it analyzes links based on criteria that detects link/website spam - which saves us a ton of manual work.

Cons

The subscription generally offers access to only 1 user. Adding additional users is costly (which is relative of course).

Best for SEO

Reviewed on 1/17/2019

Being new to the market and having a relatively young business and domain visibility, we are competing with the giants in terms of company size, their history in the business, their domain age. It's a big challenge to even rank against this giants when it comes to organic search. That is when a tool like SEMrush is able to tell you where you are against your competitor and what you can do to beat them in ranking position. And so we did for at least some of the biggest name in the industry. We aim to be on position 1, soon!

Pros

I have been using SEMrush mainly for SEO and no doubt that it does its job really well in the SEO landscape. Although there are other tools available with regards to PPC, Brand, and Social.

It's great in monitoring our main targeted keywords on both devices, reports are easy setup, customisable and can be shared with the management straight out. Competitive research provides all the tool you'd need to stay ahead with the competition.

Cons

On the backlink side of things, I'd like to see a more strategic way of reaching out to potentially high-value domains. I don't think to send an email to each of the website owners actually worked in terms of exchanging links. Other than that, other suggestion and audit, on page check are all great working together. We have a Thai team who also uses the same tool, however the report doesn't show up on the local language. Which actually is not a turn down, you can still the keywords translated within the tool.

Declan D.

SEMRush is one of the best SEO, SEM, and content marketing tools available, with tons of extras.

Reviewed on 6/14/2018

Pros

The design is focused on what you need, and you don't get lost in SEO or SEM jargon. You can do a Site Audit, which gives you actionable information (and if you're a consultant, a huge benefit to give your clients). Keywords lists are delivered and organized in a way that again gives you actionable items, as is the PPC research. Content marketing is made simple,. with suggested ideas, questions, and all outlined in a way that you can feel smart taking these actions. Excellent support always, and the downloadable Excel spreadsheets help you share this info beyond SEMRush.

Cons

The con is a basic con with all SEO/SEM tools in the age of Google. PPC data is rarely accurate in terms of what companies are spending, not the fault of SEMRush as much as the sources are unreliable (yes Google, talking about you), which makes what used to be an accurate measure more of a guess. Still you will get an understanding, but the PPC end must be looked at more from Adwords than trusting this tool, or any tool.

Brent R.

Semrush is complete, but slightly inaccurate

Reviewed on 9/8/2018

Overall, I love Semrush. It's a wealth of information. Even if some of the information in the database is a little out of date, the sheer amount of data and ideas you can get from Semrush are worth it. You even get bonus things like social media tools.

The interface is good, but not amazing. So they could work on that. But I never had too difficult a time finding what I wanted.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty comprehensive SEO and PPC research and auditing suite. There is simply a ton you can do in Semrush, even in the free version. The site audit is comprehensive, and you're given a lot of different things to look at.

One of my favorite things is the SEO Ideas module where it gives you specific things you can do on each page that will help you improve your organic traffic. While you can figure some of this out through the normal audit, having these extra ideas helps with getting the creative juices flowing. There is also a very large amount of competitive research, content idea generator and so much more. It's astounding what all is there!

I love that some emphasis is put on PPC in addition to SEO as the two often work hand in hand.

Cons

Unfortunately, despite being a comprehensive tool, you do have to keep in mind that not all the data is completely up to date or accurate. Not that it's unusable, but I did find myself wondering why it was showing my PPC campaign's "current real-time" ad was actually an ad I haven't used for 6 months. In addition, I found that many of the links in the backlink audit were not accurate.

This doesn't mean the tool isn't worth the money. But take everything with a slight grain of salt and back up the data with another tool if you can.

Chad H.

WHAT A RUSH

Reviewed on 10/16/2019

I LOVE SEMrush with all of my heart! Nothing beats the amount of tools it provides digital marketers. From Keyword Research, Search Visibility, and Keyword Rankings to Gap Analysis and Domain analytics and so much more, SEMrush is a vital tool in my SEO Specialist tool belt. Other than email, CRM, Calendar, and Analytics open on my browser, SEMrush rounds out my most frequently opened and checked sites on a daily basis.

Pros

SEMrush provides a variety of essential tools needed to conduct online marketing. In particular, I'm incredibly fond of the tools found under Domain Analytics and Keyword Analytics tabs as they help me keep track of my clients' metrics as well as conducting Keyword research to help their pages perform better. I'm also a huge fan of the Gap Analysis as it lets me see how my competitors are doing and what I could be doing better.

Cons

The only issue I have with SEMrush is that I know for a fact that I'm not getting as much from it as I could be. Due to the fact that it provides SO MANY tools, reports, and analytics, it can be a little overwhelming knowing which tool would work best for me. Luckily, SEMrush has a variety of training courses that I'm doing my best to complete.

Heath H.

Invaluable tool for SEO and web migration tracking

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

Use it daily, wouldn't be able to do my job properly without it. Every agency and SEO should use SEMrush.

Pros

The "Site Audit" and Projects tool is my favorite part. Setting up projects and scanning websites in full every month is great, we can uncover lots of hidden issues such as broken links or duplicate content with ease and filter through everything in priorities.

The keyword gap analysis and data exports are also perfect for any company tracking SEO progress and keyword movements after a web migration.

Cons

The plans can be a bit expensive, especially if you use the site audit tool and wish to scan thousands of pages within a month (as there is a cap). Overall though the pricing is fair when compared to Ahrefs or the fact that cheaper tools are not as comprehensive.

Albert A.

An amazing SEO tool with few drawbacks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2018

I love using SEMrush! It is a big part of my SEO and Paid traffic campaigns.

Pros

SEMrush is a neat and powerful tool for any online marketing campaigns. It is great for SEO and PPC campaigns. I can see my website's data with a single click of a button. It also allows me to track my keywords but I think that they are not as accurate or the data is not recently updated. Their backlink checker works fine for me and I can see who's linking to my websites.

In my opinion, their main strength is their keyword tool. I can do so much with it! I can discover new and untapped keywords, I can even copy my competitors keywords and use them to my websites. Overall, SEMrush is a great tool for any online businesses. It helped us to rank higher on search engines.

Cons

First of all, SEMrush is not a cheap tool. So, for people who do not have a high budget for a tool, you may want to look elsewhere. But with all of the powerful features, it is all worth it.

Maggie M.

Simple and effective SEO with SEMrush

Reviewed on 1/15/2019

SEMrush helped us to rank our target keywords.

Pros

SEMrush is a very effective tool for SEO. It has a simplistic approach and it allows users to see all the relevant data of any websites. It has a very detailed keyword analysis tool that can show many related keywords, traffic data and competitors. The backlink analysis tool is another great feature of this app. I can see all the websites that are linking to mine, their countries and IP addresses, their anchor texts and if the links are follow or nofollow.

They also have this very helpful SEO content template that can help you write SEO-friendly articles. It is based on the top 10 ranking pages of your keyword. I love using that feature because it makes my job easier and I can write a lot of engaging articles that our audience will surely love.

Cons

The only minor drawback I can think of is their pricing. But I can guarantee that SEMrush is worth it.

Hamzah M.

The SEO tool to rule them all

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

I’ve used SEMRush since they started and they’ve just gone from strength to strength. I love how simple the tool is to use and how it always ‘has my back’ with automated emails if something is wrong. Their content marketing is absolutely amazing- look at their blog and you’ll be lost for hours in learning new stuff.

Pros

I love how simple SEMRush is to use and how intuitive their UX is. I’ve used their topic research tool for clients and it has helped inform their entire content marketing strategy, from the calendar itself to the amount of paid/organic attention we give each piece of content. Their tool is always fast, loads quickly and is easy for novices to understand.

Cons

I’ve been using SEMRush for a while and don’t have any major gripes. I would say sometimes for niche terms the database doesn’t return anything, and their SEO rankings tool is usually spot on, but there are rare occasions they’re off by a few positions. Nothing major though.