Buddy Punch

Online Time Clock Software | Web Based Time Management

4.8 /5 (614 reviews) Write a Review!

Joy J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best In Show

Reviewed on 2021-02-23

My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.

Pros

The Buddy Punch Customer Service is EXCELLENT! Poor service is one of the main reasons we left our last scheduling and payroll reporting software.

Cons

Would love to see more features such as hiring and onboarding of new employees.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Joy for the review and the kind words! It is great to hear the positive feedback on our customer service. We really try to make sure we understand everyone's situation and we're glad that it shows! Thanks again for your review and your business, we appreciate it.

Josh S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

so so not greatest

Reviewed on 2016-09-17

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

Pros

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

Cons

Most of it

Response from Buddy Punch

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Bryan T.
  • Industry: Farming

Buddy Punch is awesome

Reviewed on 2020-05-29

Excellent! The product works well on iPads and PCs. It seems to be very low maintenance and the staff are great to work with when I have questions.

Pros

The ease of use and implementation. I work with many non technical people and they caught on to the app quickly.

Cons

I would like to see a cached mode so if we lose internet facial recognition will still work and punches will record when internet is restored. I would also like to see more permission control over the manager role.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Bryan for the review! It is great to hear that you and your staff are finding us easy to use.

Domanic G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Jimmy C.

Buddy Punch for remote teams

Reviewed on 2020-09-29

Buddy Punch has been very easy to use and adds new features regularly. We recently added 3 members to our team and it took less than 5 minutes to have them up and using Buddy Punch.

Pros

Buddy Punch saves us time and it is easy for our remote Team to use

Cons

Not sure we have a con to the software at this time

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jimmy for the review, it is great to hear that we're saving you time!

Ashley G.

Easy Enough

Reviewed on 2018-10-05

I like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.

Cons

I dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.

Ellen W.

• Customer Support Software

Our staff work in different locales, BP was just the solution to our staff clocking in on real...

Reviewed on 2017-12-04

Ability to have real time punch in's & out's by employees. Overall picture who's clocked in instantly. Also if they use their cell phones, where the employee is.

Pros

The versatility, ease of use, flexibility. The fact that most employees can clock in anywhere on their cells phone.

Cons

It does not keep a balance of PTO, just PTO used. Some employees have a hard time with how BP functions on their cell.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Ellen, I appreciate you taking the time. It's great to hear that you're finding us versatile, easy to use and flexible. In regards to the PTO balances, we actually do have this feature. It is part of our PTO Accrual options. I'm going to be sending you some information on them and how to enable it. Employees can see their balances right after logging in. Thanks again.

Lea W.

Lea Weber's Buddy Punch Review - July of 2020

Reviewed on 2020-07-28

I LOVE that I can clock in from a remote location via the app on my phone. Soooo convenient!!! Such a game changer for sure, especially with my sporadic work schedule and location.

Pros

The ability to Edit in "real time" is very useful. I can adjust my hours/PTO entry on the go. This helps me stay organized and within my weekly hourly allocation of 40 hours/week.

Cons

It's tough that I have to wait for my Supervisor to "Approve" the punch corrections. With that being said, she's usually pretty fast at fixing the punches.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lea for the review, it is great to hear that we're helping you stay organized and providing useful features!

Kim W.

Convenient and Reliable System

Reviewed on 2020-10-05

I have had a great experience with Buddy Punch. They have always been very responsive to my questions.

Pros

I love the convenience of employees being able to clock in and out from their computers. They request time off thru the system as well.

Cons

No suggestions or problems. We don't really integrate it with anything else at this time.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Kim for the review, it is great to hear you are making use of our time off feature. We appreciate your business!

Rick S.

• Customer Support Software

Great value for the investment

Reviewed on 2019-05-06

Working with the Buddy Punch support team has been such a wonderful experience. The team is responsive, and eager to assist. Any questions we've had, whether using the free trial, or after we signed up as a customer, have been answered quickly. What a great platform.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to use for managing our remote team members. It's easy to set them up in they system, establish their locations, and manage how they can punch in and punch out.

Cons

Now that the scheduling feature has rolled out, that takes away the only major Con I would have listed. There are still some bugs within the scheduling functionality, however, I'm quite certain the amazing support team is working on resolving any remaining issues.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Rick, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and that our support has been a wonderful experience for you! We appreciate your business.

• Industry: Information Services

Great tool to track temp time.

Reviewed on 2017-12-06

Saved a lot of time when processing payroll.

Pros

Very easy to use! I didn't rate customer support because I have never had to contact them. We use a lot of temp works with a lot of turn over. Very easy to add the basic information in the system so they can start clocking in/out the day they start and one click to make inactive. Reports are easy to export and send hours to the temp agency. I also like that they have the ability round time to the closest .25. What I report is what the employee see. It has saved us a lot of time in reporting compared to the previous product.

Cons

It is currently meeting all of our needs and some I didn't know I wanted, like the ability for employee to make a correction to their time card which then must be approved by their supervisor. In the past, it would be a verbal communication and the supervisor would have to log in and correct. Now the employee does it and the supervisor gets a notice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your honest feedback. It's great to see you're making use of our correction feature, which allows an employee to request a change to their time card that you have to approve. We appreciate your business.

Kimberly K.

Great Value AND Great Service

Reviewed on 2017-02-22

We tested out several online timecard systems and have been extremely happy with BuddyPunch! We're a small office that has owners out of state so leverage technology and having visibility on the team when the owners are out of town is very important. BuddyPunch has been easy to setup and use. The online clockin with the QR code can be ever so slightly twitchy sometimes but with each iteration the system gets better and better. I team loves being able to clockin with their phones and those of us not in the office love being able to see their login picture and GPS location. Win for all!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your review KimBerly! I'm glad that you found us easy to setup and to use, we really do focus on ease of use when designing features. I also see that you're making use of the QR Codes, webcam pictures and GPS support. Sorry if you've had any issues with QR Codes, please let us know if you have continued issues and we're happy to help troubleshoot. Thank you again for your business, we appreciate it.

Emily W.

• Customer Support Software

Buddy Punch is a knock out!

Reviewed on 2016-08-03

We just recently started using BuddyPunch and are extremely happy with the ease and functionality of this product. We used to use an excel spreadsheet that was very difficult to read and change the hours. Now technicians can clock in and out as many times a day as they need and if they need to change the time in or out it has to be approved by a manager!

Pros

Love that you can pull an "hours report" and see the hours that each employee worked for any certain amount of time.
Love that it shows the hours and overtimes hours separately and together.
The Reports are easy to access and easy to read.
Love that you can pull the "timecard" and find when each employee clocked in and out per day- easy to keep track.
Love that is keeps GPS to see WHERE each employee clocked in or out when they do so.
Love the PTO portion and that you have the opportunity to export information for Payroll as well!

Cons

We dont use it in full as much as we should- each of the reports that is.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you so much for the review Emily! Thank you for pointing out so many of our features including our various reports, GPS and approval feature. We appreciate your business!

Jennifer B.

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 2021-01-20

Over all it seems easy and I haven't had any problems

Pros

I like that it is in the cloud and that I don't have to download times from another source

Cons

Putting in missing times could be a little more flexible

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jennifer for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our on-demand reporting and that you are finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

Anibal R.

Buddy Punch Review 1

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

Pros

Friendly even for people not computer oriented. Newly added totals per employee per location and total pays.

Cons

At the beginning kind of had to discover certain features and limitations, but customer service is great and all mu doubts were addressed right away.
Another feature that I would like added is the possibility to create more restrictions per employee, like not allowing clock in's / out's before and after certain times.
Overall, great product.
Thanks,
A.ROMANI

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us friendly to use. We actually do have a punch limiting feature which you can enable per employee, which allows you to restrict punching in to specific times per day. We'll send you some info! Thanks!

John L.

• Customer Support Software

Very useful. I need to set it up to be more hands free.

Reviewed on 2018-01-16

Pros

Allows me to keep track of my day on the fly. I sometimes make many stops. I will try to set up facial recognition to improve the use.

Cons

I have had to reinstall a few times on the android because app stopped working. Blank white screen.
I think it is a little slow at times opening.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jon for your review, we appreciate you taking the time! Yes, please try out our newest feature, facial recognition. It allows you to punch in and out by just looking at your camera. Sorry if you have had any trouble with the Android app, I'll follow up with you directly so we can get to the bottom of it. Thanks again.

Jenn C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

User Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-21

It helps track PTO & Sick time for payroll

Pros

It's user friendly. It is basic enough that it requires little training for new users.

Cons

You have to punch in and then out and then in again instead of just being able to punch into something else. For example In to regular time, out of regular time, in to lunch instead of in to regular time, into lunch. Too many steps.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jenn for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us user friendly. We're working on a "switch" button when changing jobs/codes that will be ready soon, thanks for the feedback!

Emma T.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

The Best Ever!

Reviewed on 2020-09-25

I have experienced nothing but the utmost ease and satisfaction with Buddy Punch. No complaints!

Pros

I love the convenience of using both the computer and the mobile app for clocking in and out, editing punches, viewing time cards and submitting requests. Buddy Punch is SO easy to use and understand and I love all of the features that have been made available to me. By far the most convenient time-card method I have ever used.

Cons

There's not much to dislike! Occasionally upon logging in, the "Punch In" button likes to move out of the way, but only for a second.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Emma for the review, we appreciate it! It is great to hear you are finding us easy to use.

Patrick B.
  • Industry: Tobacco

The Buddy Punch Experience: Mister-E-Liquid LLC

Reviewed on 2019-05-28

Amazing experience, I would love to continue using Buddy Punch while at my company. The ease of access is great for what I need to do.

Pros

-Ease of Access
-User Interface
-Accuracy
-Total Hour Tracker

Cons

-No year to date hour tracker
-Lacking in aesthetic

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Patrick, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use and accurate. We appreciate it!

Joy B.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great for clocking in and out

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

My company went from using paper to clock in to using buddy punch and I really loved it. It was difficult for non tech savvy people though.

Pros

That I could clock in and out instead of writing down my hours

Cons

It was a little difficult to use and after deadlines were passed, very difficult to clear up any misunderstandings

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Joy for the review, it is great to hear that you're loving Buddy Punch! Allowing employees to make changes is a setting that the Administrators control. If disabled, employees are not allowed to make edits or clear up any mistakes. Sorry for any confusion!

Michelle W.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018-09-05

Excellent program!

Pros

very easy to use: punch in/out, update, go back and view past time cards

Cons

We do not use the photo ID, would like the space it takes up to be removable.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Michelle for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding us easy to use. Our webcam feature only displays if enabled, and it looks like it is enabled on your account. Thanks again!

Annie O.

Ease of time clock

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

It is easy for all of us to get caught up.

Pros

This soft ware is very user friendly and forgiving. We went from using the paper time cards to this. The great thing is all the extra features. Like the ability to clock in on your phone, you can set parameters and locations to ok clock in's. It is easy to adjust times if needed or if a punch is missed. We have been using it for months now and it is great.

Cons

Nothing, this is overall better than our old way of punching in and out

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Annie. I'm happy to hear that you're finding us user friendly, we always keep ease of use at the top of our minds when designing new features. Thanks again.

Glen H.

Buddy Punch Rocks

Reviewed on 2018-12-26

Easy to use, cost effective. We run it off of one computer in the shop and all of the techs punch in and out. My office opens up the software and all the hours are already listed. Works like a charm.

Pros

Face recognition. The employees can only sign in and out for themselves.

Cons

There is not any one thing that I can say as a con.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Glen for the review, I'm happy to hear you're using our facial recognition feature, which can be used on computers, tablets, or smartphones via our smartphone apps. We appreciate your business!

Patrick S.

Simple, Easy, Accurate

Reviewed on 2017-11-06

Pros

It's easy for everyone to use. The app is also comes in handy becasue I have a lot of employees who are not always in the office. I also like the GPS monitoring.

Cons

The excel report could be better formatted when downloaded. I haven't tried to integrate into my SurePayroll, but I'm thinking it may be difficult.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Patrick, I'm glad that you're finding us easy to use and are taking advantage of our smartphone apps. We offer some reports in PDF format, which will include formatting, but our CSV files will not have formatting. I'm going to forward you an article on our SurePayroll integration, it is very easy to use. Thanks!

Kim G.

Life saver

Reviewed on 2017-10-11

Pros

Easy to use. Punching in and out with different codes allows us to job track and track where our crews are.... it has been a great tool for us.

Cons

The app is not always up to date for me? Sometimes it shows no one is clocked in, but on my computer dashboard, I can see 4 guys clocked in.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks Kim for taking the time to leave a review, I'm glad we've been a life saver for your business! Thanks for the feedback on the smartphone app. The smartphone app will update when you refresh it or navigate to a different section of the app, it will not auto-refresh. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks again for the 5 star review, we appreciate your business!