Buddy Punch

4.8/5

Valerie T.

Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 2020-09-03

I have loved my overall experience with Buddy Punch. As I mentioned before their help is invaluable. Some companies have no chat, or phone number and you wait days to hear back from an email. Their immediate response is something they should never get rid of, no matter how big they become.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access help on any aspect of using the software. You can do their chat and they respond almost immediately. They will even help fix anything from their end if you need the help. I love the facial recognition feature and other features that are offered to ensure that your staff is on the job site in order to sign in. I like how easy the PTO requesting is for the staff and for admin to approve. It's a little bit of work trying to get all of the PTO hours in for all employees, especially if they work different hours and have different PTO hours, but the team at Buddy Punch are always available to help with questions. That is one of the things I think are most important- the great customer serivce. The accessibility to actual people can help is valuable.

Cons

I would like to see more options for PTO reporting. I feel that the report for overall PTO has too much info. I would like to see it have an option where you can check off which items you need in the report and then produce the report from what you actually need. It is hard to manage what they offer. This causes me to need to go into each staff account separately to report one by one.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Valerie for the review and we appreciate all the nice words! We try to always be available whenever anyone needs help and we value timely responses. In regards to the PTO question we'll reach out to you as we have a new PTO report that might help. Thanks again!

Mia G.

Easy and simple to use

Reviewed on 2020-03-25

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes.
If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

Pros

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time.
I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off.
I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

Cons

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel.
Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Josh W.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good Product

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Telesa K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

Reviewed on 2019-03-11

It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Pros

The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Cons

Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Brittany W.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Best system for business owners.

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

I like the ease of having the app on my phone considering I don't always go directly into the office first before I start working.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is the geographical location requirement. Every time you punch in/out it shows your employer your location. Making time clock fraud one less worry as a business owner and the employee more responsible about time maintenance because you cannot get paid if you are not physically at work.

Cons

Because of the added security of the geographical location, I do not like that it prompts me to also take my picture as I clock in/out. I don't feel comfortable with a third party technology company not only knowing my location but also what I look like and am wearing at that moment. For employers, understood, we know each other personally and professionally. But there are hackers in the world so my face and location shouldn't be necessary.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Brittany, it is great to hear you're finding us easy to use. It sounds like you're using our GPS and webcam image options. The webcam image feature is enabled/disabled by the administrator of the account, so it is an optional feature. The administrator can make it required on a per employee basis. Thanks again for the review!

Rafael E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Payroll Time Savior

Reviewed on 2016-08-04

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Jessica K.

• Customer Support Software

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2016-04-27

Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize.
As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency.

A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations.

Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?"

The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

Travis B.

• Customer Support Software

As good as we could have imagined

Reviewed on 2017-10-09

We have yet to find any issues with the software that wasn't explained with a quick call or email. Changing incorrect punches isn't the most convenient, but even that isn't an issue.

Pros

We started using Buddy Punch almost 3 years ago at our Pharmacy and we will continue to stick with it. The ease of use was fantastic. We have clerks that were used to signing in on a clipboard for the last couple decades, and they picked up on the program in no time. Reports are simple, the interface is great, and they are constantly updating features.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Travis for the great review and continued business! I'm glad that we continue to deliver the simple and easy to use interface while we also are upgrading our feature set. We're happy that you're happy!

Zachary C.

• Customer Support Software

Buddy Punch is the most user friendly way for my employees and me to track hours.

Reviewed on 2017-08-22

Pros

What I love most about Buddy Punch is how simple it is for employees to clock in and out, add their lunch breaks, and write notes about their shifts. I also love how easy it is for me to import it into QuickBooks and pay payroll with it! Before I used Buddy Punch I was keeping time manually with 3 employees and it drove me crazy. Now I have over a dozen employees and I do not know what I would do without this software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Zachary! I'm glad that Buddy Punch has been simple for you and your employees to use. I see that you're using our QuickBooks integration as well, we have one for both QuickBooks Desktop and Online. I'm glad it is saving you time to use it. We appreciate your business!

Michael L.

Just a user

Reviewed on 2020-11-02

Decent, convenient

Pros

Using the phone app to clock in and clock out is nice. Ease of adjusting employees time and missed punches.

Cons

Sometimes I had difficulty clocking in and out and making it stick. I would log out and back in and it would show me clocked out, then later it would message me about forgetting to clock out.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Michael for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. In regards to punches when you punch in/out you'll see a "please wait" message while the punch is saved. It sounds like you might be exiting a little too quick, but you are correct if it doesn't save we can let you know with alerts and reminders. Thanks again!

Anna R.
  • Industry: Machinery

Pickerington Heating and Cooling Employee

Reviewed on 2019-02-18

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to use and user friendly for all ages, I clock in and out using buddy punch daily. I can go back and change my time if need, it shows when you have PTO, the exact time you clock in and out down to the second. I can clock in from my phone, laptop or desktop! Very convenient

Cons

The only issue I've yet to experience is a glitch in the system (Or at least I think that's what it is)
I've clocked in from my app on my phone a time or two and it shows me the time I clocked in, shows the "CLOCK OUT" but it actually did not go through. I;ve had to adjust it when I make it into the office and "make a change" to my actually clock in/out time.
Other than that, I enjoy using buddypunch!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Anna for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and user friendly for everyone. An internet connection is required to use Buddy Punch but an offline mode is on our feature list. Thanks again!

Peter O.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Where have you been?

Reviewed on 2016-08-04

Having spent over a year trying to integrate a time and attendance system with our payroll provider with little or no success, we had reverted to signing in and out the old fashioned way as it has been done for the last century.

Pros

I asked my I.T. department to search and find me something I could work with. I needed something that would track employee time and attendance . One main pro was giving us a month to work with the software to see if it was right for us. After two weeks, employees were urging us to sign up!
This software provides clear transparency, everyone knows where they stand and as an employer I can review activity at my leisure from where ever I am . We have been using Buddy Punch now for two months and it has improved employee punctuality and even morale. The data does not lie from a management perspective. My office manager likes it and just sends me the final excel sheet for approval on pay day.

Cons

Sometimes the software does not notify us that an action is awaiting approval .

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Peter for the review, we appreciate it. i'm glad you took advantage of our 30 day free trial and that Buddy Punch gives your business some clear transparency. Thanks again!

Brad S.
  • Industry: Printing

Easy to use and goes with me on my iPhone

Reviewed on 2019-01-19

Pros

The functions are straight-forward and self -explanatory for what you need to accomplish. I use it exclusively with the iPhone app, so I can punch in or out if I'm out of the plant on company business.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to add time for PTO, but the problem had always been resolved by our company administrator.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Brad for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use when using our iOS app on your iPhone. You are able to request PTO directly in app but it's good to hear that your administrator was also able to step in when you needed assistance. Thanks again!

Cheryl D.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE, EASY TO USE

Reviewed on 2019-06-04

Pros

Easy to log in and review hours worked per day/week. I can send an Excel spreadsheet at the end of every two week period to track time, and vacation. Buddy punch has an app for my phone, but I prefer to log into the website on my phone.

Cons

When punching in and out on my phone it repeatedly asks for access to my camera. If there was a permanent way to turn this feature off I would give Buddy Punch a 10!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Cheryl, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use. There is a way to remember your camera setting, I'll reach out to you. Thanks again!

Jennifer R.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

We used to add up time sheets manually each week. When you have over 20 employees and they all have different pay scales, it can be very time consuming. This has helped us with the general punch and and out time.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the time it has saved us each week on payroll.
The employees like seeing their time live each day as well.

Cons

I like the updates that have been out in place for the PTO but I wish it would do more tracking with all that and also let people request off on there phones and manager approve it.
We have some special/unique payroll and it would be cool if it was more customizable to our company.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Jennifer, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and we've saved you time when you have to run payroll. Sorry for any confusion, your employees can request PTO directly from our smartphone apps. I'll send you a message directly with some screen shots. Thanks again!

Celina B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Simplicity

Reviewed on 2019-01-17

Being that i have 2 job duties, switching from one to another is as easy as 123. Now i can spend more time assisting my clients without worry about time and payroll. Thanks. For its the simple things in life that count-accuratly. Lol have a blessed day! qb671

Pros

It's easy access on the go and accurate live

Cons

Nothing. I love it couldn't be better. Thanks

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Celina for the review, it is great to hear you're finding us easy and accurate. It also sounds like you're using our codes feature, which allows you to create codes that you can punch into. This then separates your time based on the code. Thanks again!

Chelsea M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Love Buddy Punch!

Reviewed on 2018-12-28

Pros

Buddy Punch makes it simple and easy to manage employee hours.

Cons

Sometimes when editing punches and backspacing the time it will reset the whole thing so you have to start over. It only costs 10 extra seconds, so it's a very minor complaint.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Chelsea, it is great to hear that you're finding us simple and easy to use. Our time picker allows the use of the keyboard as well as a picker that allows you to select a time. If using the keyboard and holding down backspace would clear the entry. Thanks for your business, we appreciate it!

Ryan K.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and keep track of work hours

Reviewed on 2018-09-04

I really like this software and have not seen any problems thus far. Im glad our organization has Buddy Punch and have had a good experience using it.

Pros

This system is very easy to use, and keep track of your work hours. I make my own hours, so having this system makes it easy to use different ways to clock hours for multiple grants that I have. It keeps track of what hours go to which great, and makes it so easy for my director to log.

Cons

I have not had any problems, and I continue to use the software, along with all my coworkers.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ryan for the review and your organizations support through the years. It's great to hear that you're finding us easy to use.

Denicia T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

So many features!

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

Buddy Punch has been easy to use, comes packed with tons of features and has streamlined our payroll process!

Pros

I love the options and features of the software. I also love the simplicity of it!

Cons

We utilize the IP lock aspect of the app and sometimes it gets finicky. Also, I wish that manually adding time were easier through the app and web.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Denicia for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! We appreciate your business.

Raymond W.

very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017-09-05

able to track time from the pc or other mobile devices. do not have to punch in or out with a physical time card.

Pros

Easy to use. Allow you to enter comments about the each punch in. You can enter you vacation during the current pay period only.

Cons

working nights, my shift split day. have to punch out at the end of a pay period. Then I have to submit the time card for approval. before I can punch in to start the new pay period.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your review Raymond! I'm glad that you are using our commenting and PTO features and that Buddy Punch is easy for you to use. I also see you are using our Time Card Approval process, which requires you to submit a time card at the end of a pay period prior to starting a new one. We also have a "Split Shifts at Midnight" option which will automatically split a shift at midnight, in case you cross over a pay period during a shift. Thanks again!

Tia B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

The freedom with this program is amazing. Overall experience is a very positive one!

Pros

I love being able to punch in and out from my phone. It's super easy to use and user-friendly as well. Compared to other programs like Peoplesoft and corporate software, this is the best I've seen. It's simple and can still get the job done.

Cons

My only issue is that it loads a bit slow while logging in on my phone. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Tia for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us user-friendly!

Summer P.
  • Industry: Automotive

Quick and Easy

Reviewed on 2019-08-01

very positive experience

Pros

Buddy punch allows me to easily punch in and out myself on my mobile device while also making it very easy to manage employees.

Cons

Occasionally, the mobile app has some glitches that causes employees or myself to click on punch in or out and the punch does not actually happen.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Summer for the review, it is great to hear that we are making time tracking and managing employees easy for you. When punching in and out you will see a "please wait" message while the punch is saved, just make sure to wait for confirmation before closing the app. Thanks again!

Jonathan F.

Makes "Punching In" Easy

Reviewed on 2020-08-24

Before my company started using Buddy Punch, I had to send in an invoice every two weeks. Keeping track of my work hours on Buddy PUnch is much easier.

Pros

The company I work for uses Buddy Punch. As a teleworker, it works great for me. I can easily record my hours and let my employer know what I got done.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about the software. If I were the employer, perhaps I would want other features, I don't know. As a user, it does everything I need it to.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jonathan for the review, we appreciate it!

Jenna A.

Very easy - I tell people they need a punch in system like this all the time

Reviewed on 2017-12-18

Pros

Ease of use, convenience, mobile app, can edit punch ins myself and that we can set it up specifically to match the pay period

Cons

It is hard for me to find fault in anything with this software. It may be worthwhile to have alerts if we do not clock in at the time we are supposed to or be able to enter what time people are supposed to work but I could see that being more of an issue than it is helpful

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jenna for the review! I'm happy to hear that you're finding us easy to use and convenient. Also thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your business.

Mlissa W.

Reviewed on 2019-07-01

Pros

Buddy punch is the easiest clock in system I have used!

Cons

It is easy to think you hit the punch in button and it doesn't always register. Some times I have to hit it twice. I am not sure if I am not clicking the mouse firm enough or if it is the position on the clock in button.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. When you punch in or you will receive a confirmation message as well as your on page status changes to show you that you are punched in or out. Just make sure to wait to receive that message and verify your status. Thanks.