Jared W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Not nearly as efficient as Outreach

Reviewed on 2021-02-16

I am sending prospecting emails to break into new accounts and reach new customers. It helps me to have tracked tasks and efficient email and call outreach day in and day out.

Pros

I do like that I can organize the order of the people I'm reaching out to in my flows. There are a few really good things about Groove from a flow building and Salesforce data retention front that are helpful.

Cons

Coming from Outreach, Groove isn't nearly as powerful or easy to use. There are so many things I preferred to do in Outreach that I can't do in Groove. Outreach's bulk import, the quick way to search for contacts that had been contacted just by searching the domain, looking at past email conversations, and better insight into email engagement are all things I had in Outreach that are glaringly missing from Groove. Groove feels clunky to me in how it interacts with my Gmail/Calendar and it's felt like more of an obstacle than an enabling software.

Mark M.

Great for multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019-02-27

Pros

The ability to support multiple projects within the same subscriptions is great. Since the recent revamp, the only thing that didn't support multiple projects, the knowledge base, now supports this. We manage a few completely different projects so its great that they are all supported under the same account.

Cons

Since the revamp, not much... I wish the small side navigation menu had a pull out version that actually had text for the navigation... on a large monitor i don't need to save the screen real estate and the icons are not the most intuitive. Not sure if there are hover over tool tips but if there are they don't seem to work for me so I find myself clicking through a few icons until I find what I want.
If I was being really picky, a mobile app for the inbox would be useful so I can respond to questions even if Im out and about, but it isn't a deal-breaker for us.

Response from Groove Networks

Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback! We are happy that Groove helps you to work with multiple projects. Regarding the icons, we have recently added a tooltip text. If you mouse over any of the icons now, you should be able to see it. We hope that it will help to resolve some of the confusion. For the mobile app, this is already on our roadmap and will be coming later this year.

Cheers,

Agata from Groove

• Customer Support Software

Helps keep support and sales on track

Reviewed on 2018-09-19

We have been using groove to ensure timely communication with new clients and that check-ins with clients are performed at the correct intervals. For sales we use it to ensure that no one gets missed in the follow up process after demos or leading up to a demo.

Pros

I like the automatic reminders about what needs to be done each day. It takes the guess work out of what you should be doing first or next when you sit down to start your day. It is easy to use when setting up flows and integrates well with salesforce.

Cons

There are some things that would be great if you could automate, like adding people into flows when specific actions happen. I have tried to make some of this work but ended up being more trouble than it was worth.

Ashlie P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Support Software - Especially if You Use Infusionsoft

Reviewed on 2018-01-13

This is definitely a powerful and reliable helpdesk software!

Pros

It integrates with AccessAlly and Infusionsoft, is reliable, easy to set up and use, and has the ability to customize with your branding. It isn't very expensive and does what it is supposed to. It has the Knowledge Base and widget ability which is a huge plus. It doesn't make customers log in which makes it easier for them.

Cons

I'd like to see even more of an ability to customize the appearance of the widget and knowledge base.

Andrew S.

Helps keep prospects warm and up to date.

Reviewed on 2020-04-07

Use it every single day, could not do my job without a tool like this. Support is very quick to address any challenges or issues I face.

Pros

Helps me with my day-to-day sales grind. Tracks my calls, emails, linkedin messages, texts even, and integrates back into my Salesforce and ZoomInfo accounts.

Cons

Could have better tracking functionality, linkedin for example would be great to be able to track engagements.

Michael Z.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Perfect Tool For CRM

Reviewed on 2019-04-18

Great customer service and product.

Pros

Simple and easy-to-use interface. Offers advanced rules to automate.

Cons

Nothing. Groove team has been constantly improving the system.

Josh R.

Excellent Product If You Love Gmail

Reviewed on 2018-06-01

Pros

Groove made life a whole lot easier with their functionality of staying inside of Gmail while being able to use and operate their tool. You don't have to jump from tab to tab, but can rather stay in one spot and get everything that you need to done.

Cons

Outside of Gmail, it's a little tricky to navigate and still get what you need to done. If they could bring the ease of use that they have inside of Gmail, outside of Gmail, this would be the best tool ever. They are too Gmail specific.

Piyush P.

The only helpdesk you need for your SaaS Business

Reviewed on 2017-05-03

Pros

Easy to setup. Multiple inboxes and ticket handling. Widget to include knowledge base into the web app.They have good decent integrations like facebook, twitter, slack.

Cons

Can't show related articles when you open any article in the knowledgebase section. Layout customization could have been easier.

Nadin C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Good product. user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018-02-14

Pros

That it plays music when I need it to on occasion.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. It works well and does what it's supposed to do. maybe a little slow sometimes.

Maxwel B.

• Customer Support Software

Best way to manage your customer support network

Reviewed on 2019-10-10

Pros

My favorite feature in Groove is the canned replies. If you get frequent support tickets and need an easy answer for them, you can write them early and pull them out to answer the same question over and over again. I use Canned replies for our Proactive Support. We let our clients know the issues they are having before they even know they are having them.

Cons

Frequent updates move features around and sometimes makes it difficult to find something that you use every day. Also they have a feature in which you can halt a reply for sending up to 30 seconds after hitting send, though it does not work for emails you start. Only ones you reply to.

Mayra P.

Groove Email Software + Knowledge Base

Reviewed on 2019-02-27

The ability to add notes, tags, snooze conversations, and create rules and folders has made my emails more organized than ever before. Managing 9 accounts used to be daunting and virtually impossible - and it had a negative impact on our customers because I would be too overwhelmed to respond and sort through my emails. Conversations would be forgotten, lost, or delayed. Now, I can power through emails with significantly less frustration and time, which has allowed me to focus my time and attention on other projects.

This is further aided by our Knowledge Base, which has helped so many customers be more self-sufficient and find detailed answers to their questions without having to email staff and cut in to our already jam-packed schedules. Groove has helped us turn one of our most tedious and time consuming major project into a streamlined, easy to manage task.

Pros

In terms of the Email Software: You can have multiple inboxes in one single account, which is just absolutely amazing. You have the option of viewing emails as separate inboxes/categories (within the same homepage), or listing them as one streamlined inbox. The latter has boosted my email productivity significantly across multiple work emails, freelance emails, and personal emails.

In terms of the Knowledge Base: It is so simple to add an article and organize it accordingly! It's super user-friendly and easy to navigate. Set up is easy. If you don't have coding experience, there's nothing to worry about! The software is intuitive and you won't need any coding at all. For those of us that have dabbled with coding—well, it's incredibly refreshing to not worry about fumbling with the bells and whistles to create something easy to navigate, sleek, and stylish. Less time focusing on the "busy" work, more time focusing on what's important: the content.

Cons

The ability to log phone calls through Groove has be revolutionary to me. It's changed the way I work. However, the functionality of logging phone calls is a bit behind all other features of Groove; it still needs some work. But, considering that's the only downside (and, admittedly, not a huge deal), it's definitely not something to worry about or a deciding factor.

Response from Groove Networks

Hi Mayra, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review on Capterra. Your feedback is very valuable and I was wondering if you would be potentially interested in publishing a customer story with Groove on our website?

Nathan M.

Merchline.com - Nate Murray review

Reviewed on 2017-01-04

Hey guys, really enjoy the product. Keep up the great work. Here is some feedback from using the app for over a year now:

The search function has become better than what it used to be, but it still has a long way to go. We have all of our tickets synched to a webhook we set up in our Slack account, and we find ourselves searching within Slack to find details/tickets/customers within that channel with far greater effect than searching natively within Groove. The relevancy of searches doesn't make sense most of the time, and searching for the details that we need just takes too much time sifting through when searching within Groove.

There needs to be a way to effectively view/sort Labels. I can see the list of Labels we've created by going to Settings > Ticketing > Labels, but I have no way to view the tickets that have been assigned those Labels. Doing a search for the text string of the Label within the Search field doesn't always produce results. The ability to label tickets and then be able to categorize them and efficiently reference them is a bit imperative.

Overall, pleased with the ease of use of the app, and overall interface. These features above will only enhance and make it better from our opinion.

Pros

(see my review on previous page)

Cons

(see my review on previous page)

Sarah B.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

We use this product to track incoming projects

Reviewed on 2017-09-18

This product on a daily bases has helped me organize the request that come into our department, respond, and delegate them. I love this product.

Pros

I love this software because the ease of use and how helpful it is. We wanted to gather some analytics on how many request we get. This is the perfect product to use. It also helps use keep organize and able to assign different tasks to different people. Live changer.

Daniel F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent Software Integrates with Salesforce

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

Saves loads of time

Pros

I like that it automatically logs my gmail straight into salesforce quickly and easily. The calendar booking system is really useful for customers wanting to book a time to call.

Cons

Rarely doesn't find a record however is very easily fixed by manually searching and logging. Sometimes the logging bar gets in the way of the other gmail icons.

Anna L.

• Customer Support Software

Love using Groove to take care of customer support tickets

Reviewed on 2017-07-11

Efficient customer support platform

Pros

They have an awesome blog, it is very easy to use, you are able to merge tickets, has all features needed to provide efficient support.

Cons

It would be nice to hear of some new integration capabilities within Groove. I would like to see a customers shopify history while answering their ticket.

Jenna S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Takes custom support to the next level

Reviewed on 2019-04-22

Pros

Helped our team consolidate operations around helpdesk/customer service emails and assign issues to the appropriate team right away as opposed to forwarding a bunch of emails

Cons

Needs a better way to filter out mail that you don't want coming in to the queue

Eric D.

Excellent product & excellent support

Reviewed on 2016-02-11

Groove HQ has been a great fit for our two-man web agency. The support experience is great for our customers, and it's easy for us to manage everything via the Groove dashboard. Every time we've needed a hand with something, Groove support has been super helpful. Highly recommend them.

Erin D.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Reviewed on 2016-12-26

Jurrien S.

Reviewed on 2018-07-20

William T.

• Customer Support Software

Manages our support inboxes with ease!

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

Pros

Groove does what it sets out to in the most simple and easy to use manner. Shared Inboxes allow teams working on programs to efficiently respond to members. Coming from emails request with multiple recipients we ran into a lot of collision (having multiple agents respond simultaneously), but now you can see when/if a message has been answered and even when another agent is reviewing or responding IN REAL-TIME! Not to mention canned-replies allow teams to hone responses to common questions and agents can send accurate answers, consistently!

Cons

Searching for closed requests can be difficult, especially when searching for a particular issue. You can use tags, however it would require tagging every message, consistently while predicting queries necessary in the future.

Josh T.

Useful and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018-04-30

We are helping to solve the issues that clients get when using their websites. It's been a great way to keep on top of problems that are being reported.

Pros

It is good to keep track of all the support requests that we get in. It's a great way to keep on top of issues reported by clients.

Cons

The user interface can be slow sometimes to use, but I think they are doing a refresh soon so hopefully that will solve it.

Lo M.

• Customer Support Software

Great look, needs some work on search and reporting

Reviewed on 2017-01-05

We initially chose Groove because we found it really easy to use, it didn't feel robotic and clunky from to our customers, you guys offered simple and easy tagging, and the promise of the added snooze feature. Those things have been great for us and I think has made our move to Groove a step above email.
There is a lot of room for improvement in a couple of areas I can see. First would be search - I find Groove's search functionality slow and clunky. Almost every time I need to search for something, I find myself going back to Gmail and since this is something I do daily, I always need to have the account open in Groove and in Gmail. Our hope in this switch was to completely get out of email and the search functionality has made that impossible. I love being able to use the search operators Google has and if they're available in Groove as well I have not figured out how to get them to work. Additionally, the time frames I can search are very limiting.
I have also found the reporting to be lackluster. We want to use this to help make our product better and we use tags on our messages to help keep track of what our customers are writing in about. It is helpful to see how many times each tag has been added to a message but that doesn't really give me the whole picture. I need to be able to see the messages themselves, which leads me back to the search function, and because the tags don't translate back into Gmail I'm stuck with the search available.

If all I wanted to do was answer customer emails quickly in a pretty environment, Groove will get the job done without an issue. Because we're trying to use customer support to make our product better, I think there is a bit of a disconnect.

There are a couple smaller bugs I see regularly but haven't been bothersome enough to write into support. For example, if I make a typo when I'm typing a tag in and backspace, then I am no longer able to use my arrow keys to navigate up and down the auto-complete list.

Pros

Pretty, easy to get new people on and teach them how to use the basic functions, tagging is super easy

Cons

Search, snooze options are limiting and need to be available when I'm composing a message, reporting

Luca S.

The best customer helpdesk

Reviewed on 2019-03-01

I like the simple, beautiful dashboard. There are many features such as tagging, folders, and all that kind of stuff, but I rarely use them. They also have a knowledge base which looks good and can be set up in less than a minute.

Pros

Especially after Groove published their new, intuitive dashboard, Groove is the most simple and beautiful solution, while also affordable especially for small to medium teams.

Cons

There are a few minor bugs, but you almost never notice them. Plus, their support team is super helpful with those, and they let you know as soon as it's fixed. Also, invoices can't be sent per email which is cumbersome for tax purposes.

Response from Groove Networks

Thank you for your review, Luca! We really appreciate your feedback and are glad that you like the new Groove 2.0!

Ronald P.

• Customer Support Software

Love the company and the product

Reviewed on 2019-02-26

Great blog and support from Groove. I've learned a lot about providing great customer service to my clients.

Pros

It is easy to use and fits my need as a small company. It just fits that we can use email for support and use Groove as a way to manage that interaction. The knowledgeable is very helpful for us.

Cons

There are features I don't use but no complaints.

Response from Groove Networks

Thanks for your Capterra review, Ronald! We are happy to hear that you found not only the product helpful but also the blog :)

Eric S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Customer Support Service for Startups

Reviewed on 2017-01-10

We've been using Groove for 2 years, and it has never disappointed. From answering our very first customer support questions before our product launched, to a full team of 8 reps actively using, it has all of the features and simplicity to meet you wherever your organization is.

Pros

The company lives and breathes customer support. You can see it in their product, but the blog and product support are amazing extensions.

Cons

No mobile app yet..