Polly ann N.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Part of Vivantio has been the Approval Process

Reviewed on 2021-04-06

Pros

Our company uses this software internally. So our employees are our customers, so to speak. I was able to configure the workflows to assign tasks to other employees to provide approval for things such as hardware/software purchases, access to our software systems, new employees, etc. Regular employees do not require a license to perform these approval tasks, which was not the case in the competing software. Also, the Self Service portal turned out so beautiful and useful to our employees. We get really good feedback from users. Customer representatives are very hands on and helpful. I have admin'd other software and while other, more popular software has more documentation, their reps are non-existent.

Cons

The set up is very dependent on the Vivantio reps, and the self-help for configuration is not very useful. The reps do a fantastic job of leading the new user through configuration but some people like to do that themselves. I have admin'd other software and while other more popular software has more documentation, their reps are non-existent.

Darren G.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Excellent Product Support but lacking finer details

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

Vivantio offers a ITIL service desk software that we use for software support. In general I have found the solution not very user friendly and in the last 3 years of using it, I found that little has changed to the basic user functionality to improve this despite many feature requests to aid this. A key example of this is that, in 2017, it is still not possible for all emails in the system to show the pictures that are embedded.

In the past, we have found that the quality of the software updates to the system lacking basic QA process and it has become quite simple to find bugs in the new features.

I would say that the support team is very good at getting back to you within half a business day and providing us with workarounds of problems that we have highlighted.

Pros

User Support, Workflow module

Cons

GUI, speed of page loads, lack of updates to key functionality

Andy S.

• Customer Support Software

Our IT support staff use this software to manage helpdesk calls efficiently, great for all...

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

: Vivantio is a great (ITSM) system for helpdesk and support teams, the system itself comes with a full set of configurable tools, log Incident calls, setting team tasks, problem management/change control/knowledge base, this is a product that fits in for both businesses that practice ITIL and for small businesses. the software itself is very configurable allowing the software to fit in with the business support strategy. users are notified and updated in relation to there logged call keeping the user in the loop. The look of the web interface is great, easy to follow and calls are easy to read. if an incident requires more than one team with the Vivantio system it is possible to easily set other IT support teams a set of subtasks that may be required to complete a solution, so many tasks can be assigned to one incident creating a master call in effect.

Pros

This software offers lot's of functionality, the client management features allows interaction with external and internal clients, calls can be managed easily and end users can track their own updates and call status.

We find that Active Directory / LDAP Integration is most useful making it easy to configure and are able to use our own AD security groups to configure permissions to access ITSM

We are able to manage end users incidents via Incident Management, offers great functionality keeping the user up to date with the progress of their call working towards a remedy, with automatic notifications when the call has been updated with new information

with the Problem Management feature we are able to easily keep records of current workarounds that have been implemented until a more permanent fix has been sourced.

Change Management - We use this for major changes to the network with our network team,

and much more listed below.
Ticket Templates
Automated Ticket Routing
Built in Reports
Service Level Agreements (SLA)
Asset Management / CMDB
Asset Audit Trail
Custom Report Builder
Data Export (PDF, XML, CSV)
Business Rules Engine
Automated Escalation Rules
Self-Service Web Portal
Tasking
Customizable Views
Build-in Interactive Reports
Custom Reports Builder
Service Level Man

Cons

some features don't allow multiple close on calls, so if there are lots of tasks closing them in one go can't be done.

Andy S.
  • Industry: Design

Excellent ITSM System, a must for all

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

Vivantio is a great (ITSM) system for helpdesk and support teams, the system itself comes with a full set of configurable tools, log Incident calls, setting team tasks, problem management / change control / knowledge base, this is a product that fits in for both businesses that practice ITIL and for small businesses. the software itself is very configurable allowing the software to fit in with the business support strategy. users are notified and updated in relation to there logged call keeping the user in the loop. The look of the web interface is great, easy to follow and calls are easy to read. if a incident requires more than one team with the Vivantio system it is possible to easily set other IT support teams a set of sub tasks that may be required to complete a solution, so many tasks can be assigned to one incident creating a master call in affect.

There are lots of other functions and features, all configurable but just too many too mention, in a nut shell and a 360 view on this system, to put it bluntly it's a fantastic system that does basically what it says on the tin, I would recommend the Vivantio system to other businesses as this system in my opinion is much further ahead than others.

Pros

Keeps the users in the loop with updates on incidents, being able to assign tasks to one incident for different team members

Cons

when a users out of office is on and closing a call the out of office response reopens the call so the IT analyst has to remember to uncheck inform user to prevent the automated email informing them that the call was closed avoiding the out of office reopening the call.

Desu S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

Being on service desk on a 24/7 shift, Vivantio is the only tool which I prefer to work.

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

I am working with this tool since 2.5 years .Its very user friendly and very convenient to work with this tool when compared to previous tools which we have used.

1)We are Logging ticket for all clients. Through this tool itself . Vivantio is over major Ticketing tool.

2) This tool makes our work easier in term of ticket creation and time tracking ,Report pulls ,and graphical representation of Analysis .

Its an industry-leading, award-winning service management software that can automate and streamline your organization's service desk.

Finally, a Very well designed tool for Support Team 24*7 ,In a few clicks we can get all the ticket information .

Pros

Very good tool to work

Cons

I am very happy with the tool..I do not have any dislikes in viavantio.

David L.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

Having worked in IT support for a number of years across different industry sectors, I have used a number of different Helpdesk ticketing/service management products. Vivantio is easy to modify which makes it easy to give a better quality environment and ensure good adoption rates from your users. The customer portal we set up has been very well received. It's quick, responsive and overall the best product I've used! Highly recommended!

Pros

Easy and quick to modify and use. Ability to monitor a raft of IT Services such as change management, service desk tickets, problem management. Aligns to ITIL best practices.

Cons

Web views can sometimes be slow to update and cannot switch easily between windows if you need to go back and check something.

Reggie M.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Software for Global IT use

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

Our company has been using Vivantio for over 10 years and have found it to be a very powerful tool for our global IT departments. All of our sites are able to coordinate helpdesk tasks, workflow tasks and infrastructure deployments in a very organized fashion. It allows us to communicate with one another and stay on top of frequent IT problems and issues. We have the ability to collaborate on issues and work on solutions together. The tools are very powerful and helpful in our day to day use. The software has many features that we haven't started using yet, but I'm sure we'll get around to them eventually.

Pros

Easy to use and lots of features

Cons

n/a

Geraldine R.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Lessen the downtimes

Reviewed on 2017-02-01

There are several times that our support line experienced downtime during shifts. That makes us unable to work on our tickets properly. Although, the support team of vivantio is very helpful, we wish you can lessen the downtime of the app on specially on the time we use it most.

Pros

It is capable of making reports that is easy to use and read.

Cons

unexpected times that it will decide itself that it will be unusable for sometime.

Matt H.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

We are an IBM business that used an ageing system for both our customers and internally. ofter seveal other products being tested prior to Vivantio. After testing the product first hand and now implementing it accross our organisation I can firmly say that we made the right decision choosing Vivantio.
the product itself is easy to use for my employees and customers alike. Its also great value for moey which is generally quite hard to find now a days.

Pros

Useability

Cons

Down time

Tony G.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

Great for organizations who adapt ITIL

Reviewed on 2017-02-01

As an IT consultant and a Tier 3 escalations engineer, I am not a daily user of Vivantio Pro as I only deal with support tickets if they are escalated to me.
However, in working with the Level 1 support desk in our organization, who uses it on a daily basis and as a mission critical application, I hear very little complaints about it on a day-to-day basis. You could say that "no news is good news" regarding users and their perception of the quality of the application :)
Secondly, in my own experience, I find Vivantio Pro easy to use and efficient. I have rarely experienced Vivantio technical issues and if there issues with access to the site, the resolution time has been more than acceptable.
Lastly, and probably most importantly, as a person who recently joined a global organization who is highly client focused and uses ITIL framework and methodologies as means to be client focused, Vivantio Pro is a good fit as it offers an adaptable and wholistic approach to IT service managment.

Pros

Adaptable an ITIL focused

Cons

More value for the money.

Jonel S.

I'm here for the 20$

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

So far so good. Been using your ticket system for 3 years now. We sometimes experience slowness issue but its usually resolve after a few sec/min or once we reported it. Customer service is fast and reliable.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate.

Cons

The need to log everyday.

Zubair A.

Change Management Made Simple

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

I use Vivantio extensively for Change Management. Vivantion simplifies the workflow by assigning the relevant tasks to the teams and make communication between departments and our end customer efficient.

Pros

Creation of tasks during change ticket.

Cons

compatibility with chrome

Wesley D.

• Customer Support Software

Powerful, enjoyable and great service, but...

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

I'm the admin for Vivantio ITSM in our business. I've also been admin for a handful of other ticket logging tools over the years and this one has some serious benefits which I'll be sad to miss out on if I move company in the future. It has a good amount of configuration options that make the tool extremely flexible and most things you'd like to achieve can be, one way or another. It's this aspect which is so enjoyable - their business rule builder, report builder etc. allow for creative logic to get things done.

However, my love/hate opinion on the system comes from their customer support. They're great in that they're responsive, I've never had to wait more than a few hours for a response to a query I've made. They almost always come up with an answer that is suitable, or fix my issue by passing onto their (very active) developers. And here's the but... sometimes they can be a bit too accommodating. I have been known to ask for some pretty elaborate changes to the tool, to do things that really would only be of benefit to my company for example, and their answer is always that they've added it to their future development schedule. I think I'd rather a 'no' in these cases, because I'm left wondering when I'm going to get these changes. And they're numerous. Oh well, maybe one day I'll be pleasantly surprised, until then I'll wait in anticipation.

Kimberly K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

We love Vivantio!

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

So far, the customer support has been great and we really enjoy working with the Vivantio Team! We look forward to growing with the company and hopefully work with the team to get some of the features not currently available.

Pros

It's easy to use and the cost is great compared to other systems on the market with less features.

Cons

There are some features missing that would make the system so much easier, like in the Asset area; we need to be able to see the user an item is attached to and the description. It's very hard to tell what an item is based on a serial or ID number in the deafult view which means you have to go into each enter to view those details and it's a huge pain. It's my least favorite thing about the system.
Also, I LOVE to customize things so, the more customization options there are the better, for me.

Vatandeep S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

This is very good tool.

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

I always use this tool and very good in use, working smoothly. ticket related stuff is so cool as expected.

Bianca G.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Bianca Gilberts review

Reviewed on 2017-02-06

We use this daily to complete work task. I love it. We can keep track of the information and it is very easy to access if we need to go back and review the ticket.

Pros

The ease of using the system

Cons

You can only accept one ticket at a time. It slows your process down. It would make our job easier if you could accept multiple tickets at once.

Saleem S.

• Customer Support Software

I feel previlaged using Vivantio .

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

The best is to generate the report of overall work we do.

Pros

The ease of doing business is the most best thing I found in Vivantio and also the reports it generates is simply awesome

Cons

The log comment size is too small which makes difficult to read the comments., and something the view get's corrupted.

Nikos N.

• Customer Support Software

Simple and easy tool to use.

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

This tool is one of our basic tools here at Managed services. We use it daily for our ticketing system.

It has improved a lot since last year but there are still a couple of things that need improvement.

1) It needs to speed up a bit. Sometimes the website is a bit slow and the whole experience is frustrating.

2) You cannot download multiple files at once. For example, if you have more than one file attached in a ticket, you have to manually download them one by one.

3) It does not work very well in 4:3 screens, but this is undersandable. :)

4) Under Company/Contacts, you used to see a lot more information, such as phone numbers. Now this functionality is lost.

5) Every time we raise a change, the suggested articles are being randomly displayed, in which have nothing to do with the change itself.

For arguments sake, lets say that there are 2 articles: one that explains how to plant trees and another on how to do groceries. Now if you raise a change (i.e on fixing your car) , it shows the 2 articles as "suggested". In reality, these 2 articles have nothing in common with the change itself!

Pros

Cons

Slow, CSS is not very pretty.

Samantha L.

Initial thoughts

Reviewed on 2017-02-02

I have not used customer support and do not know whether this is value for money as I am not involved in procurement. I am an analyst and our team use it to manage our workload. I have to say I don't find it very easy to use when I have to add a customer's service request retrospectively (ie. they have not requested reports via Viva desk but by email for example). Then finding the service request afterwards can be tricky once added. If you save without populating all the fields, just the 'red' compulsory ones, then the case does not save but simply disappears but it doesn't prompt you to fill anything else.

Pros

If customer's use it its a good way of tracking service requests

Cons

see previous comments, regarding adding retrospective requests. Also you do not have an Industry for Housing or Property Development on your list. I have previously worked in investment banking and also venture banking but now work for a charitable housing association (wanted to be part of a business with social objectives). Have therefore had to select 'real estate' as this is the nearest but as one of southern England's largest housing associations, we provide homes for more than 67,000 people.

Michael T.

• Customer Support Software

I use Vivantio everday. This is probably the 8th or 9th IT ticketing software that I have...

Reviewed on 2017-07-14

All of my tickets are in one place. Also there are pre made templates for cab changes which really comes in handy.

Pros

My favorite feature is the filters. I can cover multiple sites and check all of my team mates ticket queues with one click of a button. This really comes in handy during holidays when I am covering multiple sites.

Cons

Vivantio needs to be able to open and check more than one ticket at a time. When I have multiple tickets, it takes me an absurd amount of time to check them and put them on hold. The entire time that I am going from ticket to ticket, the sla clock is ticking, and this is time that I could be working to resolve the issues in the tickets.

Chris E.
  • Industry: Import & Export

My time with Vivantio

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

Using vivantio is seamless and relatively easy to do. From having never used the program 2 months ago to using it on a daily basis it has become an integral part of my work life. With vivantio it allows me to keep track of all of my client tickets eventually and see what needs to be done most urgently during the day. Overall great program would recommend

Pros

-Very easy to use and provides an easy platform on which to handle client tickets

Cons

-Can be hard to get used to using at the start
-Finding old tickets can be a pain sometimes

Trevor H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Simple and effective ticketing system

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

I have been personally using Vivantio for about 1 month now at my company and the ease of use and simplicity is quite enjoyable. It is also helping our company to create reports and manage issues in a much more timely fashion. Thanks!

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use, simple set up, and navigation of the system.

Cons

I wish there was a place to paste pictures where the user could see them when instantly opening the ticket instead of having to click on files and select an attachment.

Eldar K.

Vivantio-Easy to use

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

No issues, easy navigation and straight forward. I do not use all the features, mainly "my tickets" and "incidences".

Pros

Easy on the eye, straight forward

Cons

none

Michael T.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

I use vivantio every day as ticketing software

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

I used servicenow before Vivantio, and the difference is like night and day with Vivantio being the better choice.

Pros

I like the filters the best. With the filters I can usually find what I am looking for easily. The sorting option works well too.

Cons

It can be very laggy at times and I have verified that this is not a network issue. This often occurs when updating , submitting, or closing a ticket.

Joshua T.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

A big change for a big gain

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

My organization is moving from an older product that nickel and dimed every feature or function, and became exceedingly more difficult to upgrade or maintain. Vivantio's pricing model was consistent and flexible, its features robust, and customization beyond anything I've seen in a ticketing system. Vivantio will mold into a product for my organization, instead of the organization bending backwards to fit the product.

Pros

The customization level of the product.

Cons

The learning curve.