Verizon Connect

Customer Support Software
2.8/5

Montana

• Customer Support Software

GPS works great and so does the Fleet Service feature that allows us to track maintenance...

Reviewed on 6/20/2018

Pros

The interface is very functional. We now have 8 vehicles on GPS at all times, in our business many times you'll need to drop everything and find help. The GPS allows us to our closet tech in the area. The Geofences also allow us to see how often we visit our favorite vendors which has provided essential info on our decision to begin stocking inventory.

Cons

The alerts are pretty unclear when there is an incident. Our drivers tend to give a bit on push back on their weekly driving score. If there was a bit of definition behind "hard braking or "quick starts" I think that would go a long way.

Buz

• Customer Support Software

Verizon Connect is a good product

Reviewed on 6/25/2019

In the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.

Pros

Verizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.

Cons

Even though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.

Shawn
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

We Cried out for Help a Long Time

Reviewed on 6/24/2019

Since we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.

Pros

We liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

The tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin numbers and vehicle data came up missing. Very unpredictable and inaccurate data. Portions of the program were inop for long periods of time. Notifications for events occurring in the future, how does that happen? Techs support not all on the same page as far as procedure when we called in. Some fixed things, others said there was no fix. Clearly not all trained, and the gap is huge. Some were argumentative.

Roderick

Your Connection to Verizon Connect

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Pros

I liked how it was easy to use and was helpful in everything I did and needed it for. Using GPS location or vehicle tracking was very useful and made it at easy to do my job

Cons

There was nothing I liked less about this software. It's a must have and must use for either in home or business use

Response from Verizon Connect

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We're happy to hear you are finding value in our product and services. We would like to learn more about your success with Reveal. If you are open to share, please email us at: [email protected]

Glenford

Terrible On boarding experience

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

2 days, hours on the phone, multiple emails, and they have no idea where my equipment is. They did send me a warning that I would be charged $100 per vehicle if I missed my install appointment, but can't tell me how much they will reimbursement for the cost of my staff sitting round waiting.

Pros

Hard to say, I can't get the install done.

Cons

Customer service is terrible, no follow up, hard to get anyone that will be accountable. Be prepared for long hold times if you have issues.

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

I have verizon fios, thought having to deal with one contractor would benefit me. I was wrong.
Becky

• Customer Support Software

verizon is too big to care

Reviewed on 6/18/2019

Terrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.

Pros

the ease of use, app was good.................

Cons

the errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.

Jason
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Tracking Our Team

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Pros

The basics of the software are sound. Using the software is fairly easy and the mobile app is solid.

Cons

Lots of glitches and the web interface is constantly down. We see lots of lags in reporting as well.

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

We originally went with Fleetmatics (before they became Verizon Connect). They seemed to be one of the best at the time.
Tiffany
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

Customer Service is a JOKE!

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

When i tried to cancel a subscription due to the software not working the way it was intended it is now going on 5 months and my account manager has not replied to any of my emails or phone calls when asking for copies of the renewal authorisation. They had been charging our CC without authorisation and the only reason we found this out because the CC expired and we were receiving notices with 3rd party threats in them. Since May, i have tried closing and cancelling the account and getting the invoices they continue to send us reversed due to the lack of responses. i have sent 30 emails since the 29th April 2022 and i have received 7 emails back 6 of these just CC'ing in different people and 1 saying that my Account manager had been away. Still no authorisation paperwork i have requested and still no response on whether the account has been closed.

Pros

Nothing, it has not worked the whole time we have had it.

Cons

Everything, we had the GPS tracking in some of our machinery and it just never performed like we were told it would.

Response from Verizon Connect

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and we apologize for the frustration. We'd like to offer some assistance offline if you still need it. Please email us at: [email protected]

Jesse
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Verizon Connect failed transtion from Fleetmatics

Reviewed on 4/18/2022

My company was with Verizon Connect (Fleetmatics) for 10+ years. Fleetmatics was purchased by Verizon 3-4 years ago and that's when the customer support began to fail. It's been in steady decline since, which resulted in our decision to discontinue using the product. I say "using" because we are still paying for it since Verizon locks its customers into long-term contracts. We are still paying $350+ per month and not using the product at all. THAT'S HOW BAD THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE GOT. It got to the point that each time I needed support with a unit or wanted to add units, I would spend 8-10 hours on hold, calling, being promised they would call me back, etc. As a small businessman, I don't have time to mess around. My time is far more valuable than the $350/mo that we are paying. I won't mention who we switched to because I want this review to stand on its own, but I can say that I couldn't be happier. I would stay far away from Verizon.

Pros

Asset visibility, reporting, maintenance

Cons

Customer support, price, hardware instillation

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Do not use this service for vehicle tracking

Reviewed on 5/6/2022

Horrible. I was transferred (I counted) 17 times by customer service, just for a simple task...
to assign/connect a GPS to our vehicle.
**I tried doing it through their App, but that doesn't work either..

Pros

Tracking is about the only thing,...it's somewhat on point.
Other than that, there is nothing I like about this company.
If your GPS is not connecting your pretty much out of luck, because you won't be able to get help from
customer service, or even a business rep., but you will still be charged for it every month...

Cons

The customer service is non existent, so your paying for a product you can't even use because the GPS will not connect unless you can get it assigned to a vehicle, & you can't get anyone in customer service to do that...not even a business rep for our acct can help.

Ashley

Incompetent Customer Service

Reviewed on 7/19/2019

If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros

The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

Norma
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Truck Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it
For Example
DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS
6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING

Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Sandy

Tacking vehicles

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pros

I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Cons

Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect

More realtime access.

Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

Realtime access and elog management.
Joseph

Verizon Connect Review

Reviewed on 6/19/2019

Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pros

I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Cons

The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

Nate

Verizon Reveal

Reviewed on 2/18/2020

Overall It has been good. Not great, but good. A lot of work on my part to keep things working with the software. Either way we still get very good track and reports at times when we need them.

Pros

Like the App that i can track where our trucks are at any moment. I like the reports that I can run to see different metrics of the truck. The user interface is pretty easy to use, simple and concise.

Cons

Customer service has been good and then bad. Tend to be a new person every few months that is over our account. Had some install issues with the contractors who installed trackers. Would like to be able to see current mileage of truck in reveal. The reports are shoddy at times, especially gas card purchases.

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

We were already part of NetworkFleet.
Chuck

• Customer Support Software

Good product, HORRID customer service.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

I've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different matter altogether.
First off, most of the time I call customer service, I will inevitably be transferred at LEAST 2 times to a different department, and will have to explain the issue in full each and every time. I had a billing dispute (where they charged me for an add-on e-log that was never received nor installed in my trucks) and they refused to issue me a credit or even really address the issue. Their entire attitude is basically "well, we shipped them out (to the wrong address) and it's not our fault you didn't install them". I've spoken with my account rep, his boss, and even the Customer service manager. Not only will they NOT respond to calls or messages (they never answer the phone), but emails go unanswered as well. I'm currently fighting them to buy out my contract so I can find a company that will actually provide service to their customers. Do your homework folks... Good product, TERRIBLE customer service!

Pros

ease of use, easy to install

Cons

Customer service is HORRID!

Frank

Fleetmatics Review

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

Running reports and actually navigating the website is easy. Unfortunately this product doesn't give us exactly what we are looking for when it comes to the Replay function. Which is very important to us.

Pros

I have tried other products and this one seems to be easy on the eyes. There are other products out there where their pages are too busy. Verixon Connect Reveal seems a little user friendly when navigating the website.

Cons

It does not do a good job following our drivers when it comes to the Replay function. You can set it between the "driver" or the "vehicle". With our business, many different drivers are in and out of our trucks in a single day. We can have 5 different drivers in just 1 truck. The Replay function doesn't do a good job following when our drivers are scanning in and driving the trucks. I wish I could see the Replay of a driver where it shows at 7am he scanned into Truck X and then scanned in to Truck Y at 9am. Then switched to Truck Z at 11am.

Lawrence

used this tracking system for my vehicles since 2007

Reviewed on 6/18/2019

See above

Pros

In the beginning it was very useful and saved me time and money , very eazy to use and train ours how to use the system

Cons

Since the new company brought out the original company, the system has gone down hill, make changes all the time , remove options that where useful to my operation and not nearly as dependable, can not rely on the systems accuracy like I use to, quite often given bad reports and have to reboot the system to check and make sure it is accurate. Also the customer service in not very good any more, when you call with a problem all they want to do is up sell, that is when you can get in touch with someone, They also make me feel like they are not interested in the smaller companies now -what to put there efferts into the big trucking companie.

Rosemary

Vehicle GPS tracking

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Pros

I like the Verizon Connect Reveal software because it has saved our company money by showing the true hours the employees were at the job versus what they used to put on their time cards. It also saves us money with our auto insurance company. It has helped identify which employees are speeding or driving reckless to we can address the issue. We have been with Verizon Connect Reveal for almost 3 years and we are pleased with the customer service representatives because they are responsive and helpful.

Cons

The one thing that I least like about this software is that there is a delay in time. When I look at where the vehicle is located, it usually gives me the location where it was appoximately an hour ago. I would like it to be more on actual true time. It would help us when we are trying to locate a vehicle to know the exact location .

Jane

Love Fleetmatics!

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Verizon Connect Reveal makes it so that I don't have to constantly be on the phone with my drivers to find out their location or eta of different stops, with 15 routes out on the roads at any given time, that would be constant phone use! Now with just a click of the button, I can track every driver and know their exact location to the minute and how they are driving as well!

Pros

We use this software every day to keep track of our drivers and their location. We are currently looking into expanding our use of the system. We aren't even using the system to it's full capability as of yet, but, I can tell you that it suits our needs and its the best system that we have tried as of yet. It's user friendly and the customer support team is the best.

Cons

I wasn't in on the start of acquiring the software, so I haven't been able to get the time to learn how to do a few things, but that's my fault for not having the time!

CONNIE
  • Industry: Facilities Services

GPS

Reviewed on 6/25/2019

I feel the customer service was much better before Verizon purchased the program. Getting units transferred to different vehicles can be a chore. We now get charged for this service that was once part of our contract. I don't like having to deal with several people to get something done. There is no tracking on service calls and the "call center" can only direct to the local "service company" - between all the moving parts, it isn't easy getting things done.

Pros

the software does show where vehicles are - where they have been. It was very helpful when one of our trucks were stolen, the police were able to find it quickly. We use the tracking part of the software everyday to confirm time cards.

Cons

The software is a bit "non-user" friendly. Setting up and maintaining was difficult when we first started using the software. There have been several improvements. Some of the reports are difficult to tweek to what we need.

Nick

Verizon WORK Review

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

For the past month and a half I've been working with learning the Verizon WORK software as well as Verizon REVEAL. This software is definitely ideal for those starting a business and would like to keep track of their fieldworkers. Although i do feel that this software is not for every industry.

I'm in my mid 20's and can confidently say that I'm technologically inclined and learned this with a fast paced manner. This software can be easily learned by younger generations but I'm finding it very difficult teaching our older office administrators how to use this management system. This goes as well with the mobile app.

Pros

Has quick respond time on uploading and saving. There are multiple ways to do one specific task, so there's not just one way to navigate through the software. You can set specific restrictions on certain fieldworkers/ admin controlling their ability what to see on a specific job dispatched to them. The implementation team is very patient and will schedule as many training sessions as needed to learn the functionality of the software.

Cons

Customer support is not great. Takes long to respond back. Needs time to learn how to use for older people. The implementation data process can be tedious and is not accurate even when put in the requested form they ask. I suggest correcting any mistakes yourself through the program after all data has been imported

Tyler

Great GPS Mediocre Everything Else

Reviewed on 6/19/2019

See cons section above

Pros

Customer Support is usually relatively quick to answer a call.

GPS is wonderful

Cons

-TABLETS CONTINUALLY DISCONNECT FROM VEHICLES CAUSING UNIDENTIFIED MILES.
-Unidentified miles are duplicated many times to an overwhelming degree.
-Some unidentified miles that drivers receive will not go away even after "Rejecting them"
-Verizon Connect installers messed up the original installs and we wound up having issues with trucks due to the poor way they were wired in and actually lead to breakdowns on some units.
-Even after original repairs some units still wouldn't work correctly.
-I have a 2019 Kenworth and a 2020 Peterbilt that Verizon connect cant figure out how to install a ELD in and we are 6 months into the year.
-No one at Verizon connect can solve the tablet disconnect issue. We bought new, better tablets that were recommended and we still have the same issues as before.

Melanie

Not the greatest...

Reviewed on 3/25/2021

For the price you pay, it is not very user friendly. Your account manager or support person that is supposed to help and provide support along the way changes constantly and they cannot keep up with your needs.

Pros

Has lots of features and they promise you it will do anything you want it to.

Cons

Difficult to use and customer service and online training is not helpful.

Cro Software Solutions

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

We already had phone service with Verizon.
Garrett

Fleetmatics REVEAL Review

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

customers questioning if the tech came to there property to service. also manage my techs throughout the day has been very helpful.

Pros

I like the fact that it gives so different break downs. speeding, hard breaking, etc. Also the fact that I can look back and see what a tech did in the past if a customer is questioning certain services. its fairly easy to move through the software on a desktop.

Cons

the mobile app on my phone is very difficult to go through history. at times the GPS isn't quite accurate in regards to the alerts. (personal experience, when I feel when I've been driving and had to slam on my breaks nothing came up) other times I would get an alert when I definitely feel there shouldn't have been one.