NetSuite

Samuel
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

My Review for NetSuite

Reviewed on 2022-06-22

Time and expense tracking on projects.

Pros

I like that NetSuite combines project accounting and CRM tools is one place.

Cons

I do not have any definite aspect that I dislike about this tool.

Response from Oracle

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Samuel! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Fahmy Farhath
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

review - Alhayath Investment (SPORTA/BLUE/FAA SPORTS)

Reviewed on 2022-07-28

its a very pleasant experience, because i use to work long ours before to day to day tasks and generate reports, now all information's are at finger tips at a click of a button

Pros

The ese of the dashboard arrangement and the easy and structured flow of information. Also have key information's related to my official e mail by Net Suite. Before use of Net suite we use to doo all supply chain coordination's and stock management, delivery issuing, order tacking by semi Manuel and had too much paper work on a daily basis. Once net suite was implemented during transition period and now the process is at very much ease, also currently day to day work is easy and information's for conclusions are at finger tips.

As a final word, our total supply chain and finance processing, including and warranty information's back tracking has become a very easy and structured process of ease.

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons, because our implementations team could always customize the s/w as our needs, so its a very smooth operation

• Customer Support Software

Good product with large learning curve

Reviewed on 2022-08-01

So far, I feel like my experience with NetSuite is 50/50. Sometimes things go well, but seemingly simple things may not work properly. Usually due to a customizable setting that you were unaware of or was not mentioned during onboarding. The quality of customer support depends on who you get.

Pros

I like having our financial information all in one system.

Cons

We originally went with Netsuite to bring in our CRM as well; however, as we got deeper into the onboarding process, it became apparent that it was unable to run the reports we needed as a nonprofit. Also, the system is very customizable, which is a blessing and a curse. It contributes to what is already a rather large learning curve.

Response from Oracle

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take our customer feedback very seriously as we strive to improve every aspect of your experience. Please reach out to your Account Manager directly and/or email me at [email protected] so we can connect directly with you on feedback.

Jon

100% Cloud Based Solution from the start

Reviewed on 2022-04-26

Great overall experience with the software. We have found it to be easy to use, its configurable to meet our needs and a solution we can grow with. Overall good value, reasonably low cost feature rich completely cloud based ERP system.

Pros

Product is completely cloud based and easy to use. Updates to software are automatic and painless. Do not need an IT Staff to support it. We've been using for 8 years and haven't needed any dedicated full-time IT staff. Features are rich and it is highly customizable to meet your company's needs.

Cons

Owned by Oracle now. Cost keeps increasing.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Wanted cloud solution with multi-company and multi-currency capabilities.

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

100% cloud based from beginning, most configurable and easy to use.
Cheryl
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great Expectations vs Reality

Reviewed on 2022-07-28

Pros

There is an ease to using NetSuite that allows for cross training of employees. Working from the cloud instead of local server allows the company to offer the ability to work from anywhere as a benefit that was not fiscally available before switching.

Cons

Cost of additional services pushes some of the software functions out of the price range of small companies. I don't like having to get outside programs to make printing of shipping labels easier.

Response from Oracle

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Cheryl! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Noel
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

NetSuite Review

Reviewed on 2022-07-21

Pros

The system notes on every record, the ability to customize anything needed and the ease of integrating bundles/SuiteApps has been the most beneficial.

Cons

The case support is less than ideal.

Response from Oracle

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Noel! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

NetSuite BYO-Developer

Reviewed on 2022-08-01

Pros

Netsuite can be modified to meet the needs of many types of businesses. There are a lot of services that can be added. A good solution for medium to enterprise-sized companies.

Cons

Once you integrate Netsuite into all of your Operations, you are now 100% dependent on the uptime of Netsuite's web services. They show a 99.98%, but I have seen at least a couple of times where the status for a region changed to green, meaning "up," but the issue was not resolved 20-30 minutes later. Anyone using Netsuite needs to have a developer build dashboards and searches.

Response from Oracle

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Brett
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Overrated and overpriced, not user friendly, raises price 10% each year

Reviewed on 2022-02-11

Just read above. This software is overpriced trash. I haven't heard good things about their competitors either, but I would rule out NetSuite if an implementation was tasked to me. I get frustrated with this software at least once a day, even after all these years. The lack of common sense and easy to implement things is everywhere in this software. The UI requires clicks through to many pages to accomplish a simple task. I cannot discourage companies enough not to choose NetSuite.

Pros

It's in the cloud and there are a lot of third party integrations that facilitate its usage and remedy some shortcomings.

Cons

This software is not easy to use. Creating a report or saved search takes an expert level knowledge to do and a lot of free time. Their how-tos and help guides are scattered and only show up non-relevant information. Access to a learning library requires purchasing licenses for each user at a cost of over 5 digits or more. First party add-on modules are NEVER fixed for bugs - things like sorting by name only sort the current page and not the entire population - report to NS and I hear crickets. DO NOT BUY FIRST PARTY MODULES - ONLY BUY THIRD PARTY MODULES THAT INTEGRATE WITH NETSUITE IF YOU MUST. Lastly, they will try to find a way to raise your price about 10% every year because they know the barriers to exit are too high.

Highly customized ERP

Reviewed on 2022-07-25

Pros

I see NetSuite is very powerful and scalable solution for the most of the business use cases.

- High-level of integration many of the platforms
- Availability of Web services will allow us to build and customize many of the features
- Big eco system to get help from
- Good customer support

Cons

- Bit challenging on the initial integrations as the documentations are not still clear on web services integrations
- not too much documentation available on technical integrations
- Cost is bit high

Ezechiel Narcisse
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

NetSuite is the leading integrated cloud business software suite

Reviewed on 2022-07-19

As a small business, I have to manage all my finances in a flexible way. NetSuite allows me to see cash flow, manage my expenses and create financial reports with the touch of a button. It's a cloud-based software that I can access anywhere, anytime. I can easily manage my business with just one software. It's easy to use and I can create reports in real time.

Pros

The NetSuite solutions have helped me to reduce my workload, keep track of my inventory, manage my finances and more. The NetSuite dashboard is user-friendly and allows me to easily manage my data, while the integration capabilities with other software solutions makes it easy to use with other platforms.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product.

Response from Oracle

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Ezechiel! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great product for a Small / Medium Bussiness

Reviewed on 2022-05-10

Since I have experience in implementing ERPs, it was fairly easy to implement and train the personnel, after a few months the company runs smoothly and with great KPIs.

Pros

- It was very standardized and easy to implement in the company once we know what we needed
- Specific modules help you focus on the company's needs
- Data Management is robust, allowing to have a clean Data Base
- Oracle provides an excellent customer service
- We didn't need many it specialists to implement the ERP

Cons

- Price is high
- Being standardized not allow for much customization
- Sometimes adding another module is difficult because the tools is a little strict
- Tool is weak for specialized industries such a manufacturer, warehouse and specialized technical business.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

We needed better integration and customer support.

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

I knew NetSuit which improve my project to succedd
Amira
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The best multi-functional and customizable ERP system in the cloud

Reviewed on 2022-04-05

Our use of NetSuite has eliminated the need for a lot of maintenance and support for our systems, as it is available in the cloud, and connects all enterprise networks to it, which helps us to constantly work remotely under all circumstances. Through NetSuite, we have been able to build an integrated system that includes all our data, which helps us to evaluate resources and know the efficiency of operations, as the automation that we obtained through NetSuite contributed to enhancing our ability to make the right decisions.

Pros

My favorite feature of NetSuite is its capacity to report on a wide range of enterprise processes and operations, as well as its ability to be scalable. When it comes to working with NetSuite, team members will find the user interface simple and easy to understand. With NetSuite, we are able to save data and transactions quickly and easily, and it is also very adaptable and scalable to meet our needs. I appreciate the aid in building new workflows to improve system processes and procedures for the entire business, and I really enjoy the customization options and shortcuts that make it easier for me and my team to get things done. A cloud-hosted ERP system simplifies maintenance and support, and it helps to automate business operations and the application of business logic, which saves a lot of time and money and works to sustain distant tasks because of its outstanding organizational abilities.

Cons

NetSuite is one of the best resource planning tools ever, but like the rest of the Oracle tools, the user needs several training sessions to be able to use it in an optimal way, in addition to that, the subscription prices are high, which limits the ability of small groups to benefit from its services.

Emily

Powerful ERP software

Reviewed on 2021-09-11

This software has helped our business tremendously with efficiency and analysis. We've used this software for 8 years and we are still learning & implementing new features. Tt's a very robust system.

Pros

All in one database that meets the needs of many size businesses. Allows for extensive customizations and scripting. Integrates with many 3rd party systems.

Cons

Net Suite has become a very large company with many different departments. It has lost that start up and cutting edge technology vibe. Getting quick and effective support can be hard due to the many layers of project managers, account managers, and departments. A cloud based UI can be slow at times.

Sage Intacct and Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Our volume of transactions and products exceeded QuickBooks capacity.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

Not a legacy system . . better technology and capabilities.
Will

• Customer Support Software

complete ERP product for inventory, financials, and sales

Reviewed on 2021-09-09

Overall the experience has been very positive. Our business is growing very quickly and NetSuite has allowed us to manage that growth and has scaled accordingly. We are in our second 5 year term with NetSuite as our ERP software provider.

Pros

I like how customizable NetSuite is. It's not great at any one thing, but really good a bunch of stuff. Whatever you need to tailor to your needs is possible.

Cons

The timeline for implementation. Supposedly they've improved on getting new customers live in a quicker fashion, but for my organization it took over 2 years.

STORIS

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

outdated, not scalable, not customizable.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

pricing, customization, and future-proof.
Vadim
  • Industry: Machinery

Great eCommerce system highly integrated with backend ERP and CRM

Reviewed on 2021-09-08

We were able to grow and scale our business up to improve our internal processes. Ability to convert support Cases into Quotes and then in turn convert those Quotes into Orders was huge for us. It allows to track the conversion of our quotes into orders. Provide better response times and organize our quoting and order entry processes. Improved SEO tools for online store.

Pros

Great deal of features. Ability to customize your system to accommodate practically any type of business process. Seamless Integration between eCommerce, CRM and ERP systems, all-in-one data storage. Easy to integrate with third party NetSuite modules for variety of ecommerce channels - Amazon, etc. Security. Cloud Computing Model.

Cons

Suite Commerce Advanced vs NetSuite version compatibility. Once you selected certain SCA implementation of the online store and once you invested into modifications of this particular version you are locked in this version. It doesnt have the same software update cycle as NetSuite ERP and CRM. That results in two disadvantages - first, the web store becomes eventually outdated and second, with each upgrade of the NetSuite we have to go through extensive testing to make sure that compatibility between New Back End ERP and CRM and Old Online Store has not been broken.

WooCommerce, ShipperHQ, Volusion, BigCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Our homegrown platform didn't have CRM module, the web store functionality was outdated and platform it was running on was outdated as well.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

All-In-One - ERP, CRM and eCommerce platform. Ability to modify flows to suit internal business processes specific to our Industry.
Mark
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

NetSuite Review

Reviewed on 2020-10-14

NetSuite has served as well as a full-feature ERP system. We can manage many aspects of our business all in one system including managing projects, recording timesheets, order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, internal case support, CRM, and more.

I feel that NetSuite is much easier to learn and more intuitive than other systems, but it still requires time to set the system up for a company's individual needs. NetSuite is set up for wide-ranging customizations, but in many cases these customizations are necessary to get the full benefit of the program. Our time investments in NetSuite have paid off, but the program definitely requires a lot of love to adapt to the changing needs of the business.

Pros

I really like the user-friendly appearance of NetSuite, especially compared to other older systems. I think the appearance makes NetSuite inviting and accessible. In general, the program is easy to learn, and NetSuite does multiple updates every year to add to the features.

Cons

There are times where it feels like features are inexplicably absent from NetSuite. Users have the ability to submit enhancement requests, but it can take years before these are implemented. Additionally, tech support can be hit and miss on providing effective solutions to problems.

Mariana
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Pros and Cons - Don't fall for their sale pitch

Reviewed on 2020-06-23

- The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays.

-The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team.

- They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver.

- Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.

Pros

- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc.
- The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate;
- The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn;
- The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.

Cons

Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples:

1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field.

2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project.

3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases.

In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

To support growth of the Company.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

- Price - Timing to complete implementation - visual layout of software
Arthur

• Customer Support Software

Extremely robust and customizable, yet archaic, poor interface, and too expensive.

Reviewed on 2020-06-06

Pros

The ability to customize just about anything your organization wants is rewarding. And if you are willing to spend, you can have your system fit your business processes like a glove. Integration apps, along with native functionality of workflows can put your business in a “semi-autopilot mode.” Practically limitless reporting capabilities. You can manage almost every aspect of the your organization while enforcing internal controls and monitoring employees with full visibility. I would recommend for enterprises with no less than 8M in sales and with at least 8 or more users to leverage the full functionality of this role-based system. Netsuite is built to fit the needs of each role within your organization, from the sales rep and warehouse manager to the A/R clerk and controller.

Cons

Nasty corporate culture. No accountability for system issues, error, or outages. Sneaky contracts that will hook you with discounts and raise fees exorbitantly after your are stuck with your data and huge conversion costs. Nightmarish implementation that Netsuite outsources to foreign “professional” services that know pretty much the same as you would do from the get go. They barely speak English—incorrect setup caused us much lost revenues and frustrated, burned-out employees. Never believe Netsuite reps who say implementation can be done in 3 months. Be prepared to spend a hundreds of hours to understand the software - it is not always intuitive. Plan comprehensive employee training. You will most likelly need a full time administrator to support users due to the high learning curve. As a retail and distribution company that grew out of Quick Books Desktop, Netsuite was apparently the the next solution. Although I still believe the software has much to offer, user interface is about 10 years behind time. My dream is that super user-friendly QuickBooks Online launches an Enterprise version one day.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Inventory reporting and functionality. The desire to have all data in one system.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

Netsuite was apparently a more established solution with a wide portifolio of integrations available. Pricing was in the lower range when compared to SAP or Dynamics 365. However, the costs are way above the initial quote. Be expected for sharp increases and relevant costs related to implementation, integration, and development. Definitely not for a small business with budgetary constraints.
Efrain

Powerful ERP

Reviewed on 2020-02-23

It is a very powerful ERP, especially its purchasing and inventory management modules and make work much easier and efficient. It allows you to connect in any device in any network. Overall I've had a great experience with NetSuite and I wish more companies used it.

Pros

The most important reason why we switched to NetSuite is that it allows you to access in any computer, anywhere, without having to be connected to the organization's network. This allows you to get work done at home, when needed. It has a lot of logistics modules based on your needs, like financials, human resources, manufacturing management, inventory, management, sales, management and purchasing management, among others. For my particular area of work, inventory management is great and is better than its competitors

Cons

Modules are restricted to different areas within the organization but sometimes you need a function or tool from a module you don't have access to. In this case, you have to contact the administrator and ask for permission, making the process a bit tedious. Reports' designs could be slightly better and allow more customization.

Adeoye
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great Cloud Based System

Reviewed on 2019-08-29

It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.

Pros

That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.

Cons

There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

The old system was outdated and could not longer provide us with the things we needed.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

In Netsuite's pitch they just had more to offer. They met with us in person, showed us the product, and just made a better connection.
Eric

• Customer Support Software

A future proof platform for your business

Reviewed on 2019-07-12

It’s hands down the best platform on the market for distributors. With Amazon’s impact on B2B eCommerce distributors are looking for new eCommerce avenues and NetSuite seamlessly provides this as a part of the solution.

Pros

Throughout my career I have worked with a lot of enterprise software platforms. The thing I like most about NetSuite is the ease of administration/maintenance and flexibility. It is an ERP, CRM, eCommerce and Business process development platform in one. Users are hard-pressed to find a business case they can’t be custom developed a NetSuite with ease well writing through future software upgrades without headaches. This is extremely rare in enterprise software platforms. NetSuite is a future-proof platform for your business, you can’t outgrow it, you won’t have to worry about upgrades ever again, not to mention you will only have one system to run your entire business. You can’t find that any where else!

Cons

The user interface has been somewhat outdated, but this is common in enterprise software and NetSuite is making huge strides to improve the GUI. Also the ability to slice and dice data on dashboards is a welcome feature coming in the next few releases.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Everything in one system + eCommerce

Epicor for Distribution

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite

The roadmap and enhanced distribution flexibility plus eCommerce

NetSuite - Great ERP for mid-size/private companies

Reviewed on 2019-03-06

NetSuite is great overall. We have reliable numbers and the ability to create a search or report to facilitate data analysis. We have been able to automate a lot of processes (expenses, amortization, sales tax) and the interface is generally user-friendly.

Pros

NetSuite is scalable. I've used NetSuite at a company that was doing $200M+ in revenue and a company that is at $60M in revenue. I also really enjoy that NetSuite can be almost completely customized to your industry and business. NetSuite provides for a lot of automation of processes that Quickbooks cannot handle. It is also a better source of record-keeping as everything is somewhat seamlessly connected.

The batch upload of journal entries/transactions and upload in general is extremely useful and saves so much time.

My previous company used the Fixed Asset Module which was great for record keeping and for systematically recording amortization on a monthly basis. This was also extremely useful to ensure that our policy was uploaded as the amortization rule set, reducing errors in the amount of amortization per asset. The ability to report on the total assets and have their history in one spot proved useful for our audit.

Currently, we are implementing rules for 606 and the multi-book and ARM add-ons have proven very useful for our reporting purposes. I really enjoy NetSuite's use of rules for transactions as they can vary from company to company and item sku to item sku.

I love the saved search function too! So much flexibility for creating reports helps us create reports for month-end reconciliation purposes.

Cons

SuiteAnswers has a terrible algorithm for their search bar. The system is also not as intuitive as others since the actual home screen itself is customized by role. We have also run into the need for an consultant/more technical administrator to provide working scripts for some of our reporting. People with NetSuite should not expect the system to do everything perfectly, sadly the call center is far less helpful than the US-based consultants at NetSuite. However, you can always escalate to your sales rep.

Our solution is hosted and at times runs slower than I would prefer. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which we can click through multiple cells or post a large amount of journal entries.

• Customer Support Software

After you climb a steep learning curve, NetSuite is incredibly powerful.

Reviewed on 2018-01-09

We were able to have a single source of truth for our customer, vendor lists, for inventory, and for financials. Once our system was implemented, gaps analyzed and filled, and users trained, NetSuite has been an effective platform for our business.

Pros

NetSuite is an extremely powerful and inclusive package of applications that are extremely well-integrated.

For SMBs who've outgrown Quickbooks or other "smaller" accounting packages, it's a major improvement.

For manufacturing concerns looking to gain more traction and control over their processes, it is far beyond what lower-priced ERP systems provide. Again, it us a major improvement.

NetSuite is extremely extensible through external interfaces, 3rd party add-ons, internal scripting and through customizations.

Implemented correctly, it is relatively fast, and with its browser-based interface, there are no client issues and never any need for IT to upgrade a client version on every workstation because a new feature-set has been implemented.

It's CRM is adequate, useful, and given NetSuite's signature internal integration, it is easy to implement an effective lead-to-cash system.

The ecosystem also has multiple vendors who sell integration services, for example, there are a number of SalesForce to Netsuite integration partners who can (relatively) quickly connect the two systems. On the backside, the same is true of many popular shipping, warehouse management and other packages. Or, you can roll your own JSON connectivity.

Cons

NetSuite is not easily deployed, and requires expertise to get things mostly right the first time. They address this in their ecosystem by encouraging customers to work with NetSuite partners -- VAR firms that have undergone certifications -- to deploy the system.

There is a steep learning curve, even for system analysts familiar with other ERP, CRM and web commerce platforms.

There is a saying in the NetSuite community that is very true: "you can do anything with NetSuite, but it is going to cost you." Those costs may be development hours for internal developers, fees paid to partners, license costs for addons and integrations, etc. etc. Count on it with any major NS effort.

NetSuite is usually quite reliable, but it can and will "get slow" from time to time, and there are infrequent outages that can last a few minutes to an hour or more. These never come at a good time (is there ever a good time?) and getting information regarding status of repairs can be frustrating.

Free advice: vett your NetSuite partner carefully, and make sure that they can and will provide effective ongoing support. Some firms are better than others at this, and it is a good question to ask references before you hire anyone.

Plan on your implementation taking longer than you expect. This is true with most ERP implementations, NetSuite included.

Support from the company itself can be an exercise in frustration, but persistence and insistence can really help.

Cody
  • Industry: Online Media

#1 ERP After Evaluating Many

Reviewed on 2021-06-05

Very positive, I personally hope to only use NetSuite going forward, as the new releases continue to iterate on features and gets better each year.

Pros

I have implemented NetSuite at 2 companies, as well as participated in a redesign. In all cases, the ability to customize to unique business needs, far beyond something like Quickbooks or Microsoft Dynamics, is fantastic. I especially like the ability to connect nearly any software to NetSuite via bundles and APIs. We have integrated most of our softwares such as ADP, Salesforce, Databricks, etc. into NetSuite to form a tight web.

Cons

NetSuite is not particularly intuitive for first-time users, and I have seen many companies implement it incorrectly due to just not understanding what to do. Because it is so highly customizable, this can be a downside for companies that become fatigued by too many decisions and possibilities. A company desiring a complete out-of-the-box ERP may be better served elsewhere.

Joy
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Powerful program with quirks

Reviewed on 2019-09-13

Before NetSuite, we were split between separate programs, NetSuite allowed us to do all business in one program - customer service, order processing, inventory, purchasing, shipping, accounting. It is able to integrate with many other programs, allowing for (mostly) seamless order sync'ing and live inventory levels. Essential with a company selling wholesale, retail and a direct to consumer website.

Pros

- great reporting and searching tools
- combines all company needs - customer records, transactions, accounting, inventory
- easy to integrate with most major programs
- highly customize-able
- easy to assign "roles" to employees to only access what they need in their positions
- mostly easy to use and informative help section

Cons

- searching and reporting can be tricky with label names differing
- expensive to start, maintain and update
- quirks that shouldn't be an issue - like applying credit memos to sales orders