RazorSync

Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Lucine

• Customer Support Software

RazorSync is a life saver!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

RazorSync is a very cohesive product that helps me coordinate my plumbers on all their work orders, tasks, my customer database, allows files & pictures to be attached to specific jobs or the customer.

Pros

The map page allows me to coordinate the incoming jobs according to location and also to track my plumbers off their smart phone GPS so I can estimate ETAs for the customers. The Reports tab is also very versatile and I am able to obtain the necessary data I need with just a few clicks!

The Support Staff are all professional and knowledgeable. I usually get answers to questions right away or in a reasonable timeframe.

I love that if RazorSync is down, I still have access to the appointments via our gmail account!

Cons

Support hours are too short - It would be great if they were available so business in all the time zones had access during typical business hours (M-F, 8-5) or longer.

Shawn

Mobile Scheduling Services

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Pros

RazorSync helped improve the time spent on scheduling my technicians for their daily work. From a management perspective, the dashboard is a great visual to see where my team is scheduled to perform work. Updating and changing schedules on the fly has been a great feature. Improved productivity for my office and field staff.

Cons

My technicians can easily turn off location tracking in the app.

mHelpDesk and Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

Simplicity of scheduling. The user interface on a mobile device was simple to use for my techs. Pricing was more favorable than other companies.

Response from RazorSync

So glad RazorSync was able to save you time!! Thank you for making us a partner in your business. Please connect with us if something ever comes up!

Natalie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Lots of potential, but not quite there

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

Nice to be able to see (for the most part) where employees are and dispatching works very well. RS would be a better fit for a company that could use it as designed. Unfortunately, in order to get RS to operate as we need it to to, we have had to make up many complicated and time consuming procedures that offset much of the time savings afforded to those whose business models are more compatible w/ RS's design. The ability to make customizations could potentially solve this issue.

Customer service leaves something to be desired.

Pros

Relatively easy to use.

Inventory management w/ price tiers is useful, but we havent actually used that feature yet.

Cons

Lacks intermediate levels between admin and user. It would be nice if you could supervisors the ability to make WOs w/o giving them access to other sensitive information.

Lacks fields that are visible to management, but not employees (for instance a place to put billing information for jobs that are based on a bid price rather than an hourly labor rate)

Service items are not time stamped which makes them unhelpful for many types of reports.

Not bilingual.

Frequent technical issues including issues w/ GPS.

Breadcrumbs are hard to interpret because you can zoom in enough. Makes it impossible to tell when an employee started and stopped at a given location.

It would be nice to be able to close out multiple WOs that are part of the same service request at the same time/ if it was more friendly for those situations that might only have one line of billing despite multiple people or days of work being required.

Makes you change password too frequently.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Natalie for your review and feedback, we appreciate it. Please let us know if we can help you with anything.

Denise

• Customer Support Software

Far and beyond our previous solution

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

We have had a great experience. Support is responsive and helpful. They have helped us with the development of customizations and have come up with unique ideas to work with our business model.

Pros

Intuitive and user friendly. It is also integrated with Quickbooks for financial statement generation

Cons

Invoice printing, we would prefer batch printing. Work order templates, currently you only have an option to create a template at the service request level.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you very much for that great review Denise! We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us!

Erica
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

RazorSync is great for home service industries

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

We have better communication from our on-site technicians to our office personnel. We are able to keep better track of jobs, reducing the amount of work orders that are lost as well as increasing customer satisfaction.

Pros

It is easy to use, training took just a few days. The route optimization greatly improves efficiency. Working as a database; it works great to maintain customer information and work orders.

Cons

It would be helpful if the technicians could upload PDF attachments to the mobile app. Would also like to be able to include PDF attachments to invoices.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Erica! I'm so glad we've been able to assist!! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!

steven
  • Industry: Chemicals

going downhill

Reviewed on 11/8/2019

It's been really good, but I want some new upgrades like I mentioned above

Pros

Easy to use, pretty straight forward. Cost is cheaper than most. Can use on your cell phone. Keeps track of things great

Cons

Your last update totally sucked, you can't just type in a customers name and their info pops up anymore, you need to GO ONLINE. Makes it difficult to check invoice history with people on the phone. Your system is good overall, but used to be better. The map used to be much easier to use and view. I want you to add to your system a reminder text message to my clients cell phone numbers without me having to know their particular cell phone carrier (people change those all the time) right now I pay protexting $100 a month for this I wish you had it all in 1. Also people don't want to have a full login to pay their bill. Right now I have a paypal button to handle my customers paying online. BUGTHUGLV.COM is my website check it out. People don't want another username and password to remember to pay a little $45 pest control bill. You should change it so people can just type in an address and pay, nobody is going to pay for an invoice that isn't their house so why all the security and confusion. Alright, I love you guys, but you could do some changes

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review Steven and we appreciate your feedback! I will be sure to pass the information on to the team. In the meantime please reach out to us if we can help you with anything!

• Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Got us out of the paper age - worked as intended

Reviewed on 6/11/2016

Razorsync took us from paper based scheduling to electronic scheduling.
We are a engineering consulting company that dispatches techs to jobs throughout the day.
Had served well to reduce dispatcher workload, reduce unneeded phone calls between employees, and serve as a searchable record of jobs performed.
We are transitioning in the next few months to a custom built industry specific (and much more expensive) solution which will cover a more broad range of what we do besides just scheduling/dispatching, but razorsync has done very well over the past ~2 years to raise the productivity/quality from an unreliable process to a more streamlined one.

Pros

AWESOME dispatching screen, can drag and drop and easily modify jobs
Serves as a mini CRM between clients input
Customer service has always been extremely responsive when we've encountered issues

Cons

As with any program designed for a wide range of industries, it's going to have things which don't match completely to how you do certain things.
Mobile app can be confusing in changing job statuses and between work orders and jobs.
Originally we were told the iPhone 4 phones we used for everyone would be razorsync supported for a long period of time, but when razorsync dropped support when iOS didn't allow the new upgrade, forcing us to buy everyone new iPhone 5 models.

Trey

• Customer Support Software

The only thing better would be a custom product.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

A custom product was going to cost us well over $20k and was not the option we were ready to take. We tried numerous other "box" products but when we found RazorSync we stopped looking. For the first conversation we were hooked. The customer Service people are just amazing to work with. Even if you don't have the answer you would like to hear they make you feel good about it.

Though the product has some work arounds for our industry we have been able to handle a 300% growth month over month by having this system in place. WE COULD NEVER HAVE DONE THAT ON PAPER.

I appreciate the right cost product doing way more than the other options we tried. I love the product, our techs love the product, and most of all our customers love the product that allows them to know where we are and when we will be there by just logging in to their portal. I am looking forward to the next phases of the product and hope we can keep growing with them.

Excellent Job RazorSync people!

Pros

Excellent layout and workflow
Great service response to questions
More BANG for your buck than any other product I have ever seen

Cons

It is NOT custom so there are some changes or adjustments that have to be made to workflow for it to work well.

julie
  • Industry: Building Materials

Easy to customize

Reviewed on 6/22/2022

If I started my own business, I would begin with razorsync. Great stepping stone product for small groups.

Pros

The customizable options were great, now that we are using new software, I miss these features

Cons

Seemed like less and less updates were being done, not really keeping up with the competitors.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Julie for your feedback! If you miss certain features check out our new version we just released!

Kim

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

Pros

The mobile app makes it easy for our techs to find their jobs

Cons

The GPS feature is spotty, oftentimes I can't see where my techs are

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review Kim! Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Great in a crunch and ever since!

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

In late 2016, the NC Department of Revenue notified service businesses like ours that we would be required to collect Sales Tax on labor charges beginning January 1, 2017. We had less than 40 days to implement a entirely new billing system. Before this change, we didn't have to collect any sales taxes under NC laws. NC new rules required that we computed the tax based on a complex formula with tax components for the state, counties, and local transit jurisdictions where our customers lived. We learned that our customers living in the same city and zip code could easily fall into totally different tax districts. Our old software for our national franchise had no sales tax computation or reporting functionality. As we entered our "crash course" to select and implement something by the January 1st "D-Day" deadline, RazorSync became our choice. We were particularly impressed by their customer support and training commitment. When cutover time came, the worked with us every step of the way providing training, assistance getting our Quickbooks intergration online, and migrating our old customer data into the new system. As the inevitable glitches and questions occurred in the next few weeks, they were responsive to every concern we raised. While we rarely have issues today, their customer support is great whenever we call. We're very happy with RazorSync in the office and in the field. Our experience has been great.

Pros

Excellent customer support and integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

Uploading photos one at a time is too time consuming.

Response from RazorSync

Thanks Bill! We love hearing about our excellent customer support! They are always here if you need them. We are so grateful to be able to help your business! Please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Utilities

Great dispatching tool!

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

Overall I have been extremely impressed with RazorSync's customer service. Being able to chat with them online is super helpful when we have a quick question that we need an answer to right away.

Pros

I like the ability to track our technicians using the GPS software, as well as the visual appeal of the dispatch board. I like that the technicians are able to set up their own work orders on the road by using the app on their phone.

Cons

I do not like that we cannot have a "bill to" account set up separately. Instead, all sub-accounts must be created under the same account. This can become frustrating when we set up a customer and realize down the road that it must be billed to someone else. Instead of having a bill to option, we must then create this address, work order, and copy all relevant information over to that bill-to account before we can invoice the correct person.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review Chelsea! We work hard to deliver world class support to our customers! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Phil

• Customer Support Software

A great tool for managing a service business...

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

RazorSync has been a good choice for the money we spend on it. The issues we run into are rarely serious and we've found ways to work around the one-way sync for the most part. Overall we are pleased with RazorSync and will likely stay with it for the near future.

Pros

RazorSync does a good job at managing Service Orders, Work Orders and Invoicing for my business. The workflow is reasonably well thought out and implemented and the mobile app makes it easy to check in and out of jobs. The web interface is decent and being able to track technicians' locations through the Field Workers map is handy for determining ETA to jobs. We do invoicing and accounting through Quickbooks Online and the syncing from RazorSync makes billing simple. The Customer Service we've received from RazorSync has always been friendly and timely.

Cons

QuickBooks Online syncing is only one-way so invoices added in QB or modified doesn't carry changes through to RazorSync. We were told shortly after we signed up that updates were in the works to make it a true two-way sync but two and half years later that still hasn't been implemented. Updates to the product seem to have slowed in the last year and we've not seen too many new features added as of late.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Phil for the review! We are happy to hear that our customer service has been timely and friendly! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Lucinda

Simplified Service App

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

We are an Electrical contractor and have been in business over 38 years, mainly new construction. A few years ago we decided to push forward and open a new residential service department. We began to research scheduling programs with the ability to invoice and keep all information stored in one place. After researching many many applications the frustration began! We couldn't find anything simple enough and within budget to meet our needs. Not giving up on our goals yet, I finally came across Razor which was relatively new at that point.
The Razorsync website was very informative but I was skeptical so I called. I'm so glad I did because they were able to answer all my questions and explained very thoroughly how Razorsync worked. I decided to take the free month trial and once I downloaded it I knew at that we had found our scheduling app that does it all!!!

Pros

Excellent Technical Support
Instant scheduling and dispatch
Easy estimating and invoicing both in office and service field
You can access the schedule from anywhere!
Endless reports
You can attach documents to work orders, contract, photos, forms, pics etc
Accepts credit card payments
Service techs can create their own work orders when emergency calls come in after hours
Constant updates to customers, example -en route, onsite, job complete Customers just LOVE this!!
GPS tracking on service trucks
Customer Portal allowing customers to access their accounts
You can make suggestions how to better the app for your use, Razor listens and productively works as a team
There is so much more don't I don't use and I cant comment on because we already had resources in place - for example
Payroll - we do in house
QuickBooks - We use other accounting package

Cons

Updates to the App can be a pain at times, but probably more so for me because the guys in the field call me for their technical support, usually they cant remember the login and panic . So truly not really a con for Razorsync!
Guess I cant find a true con, great job Razorsync!!

Katie
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

Razorsync is for the most part user is very friendly and easy to dispatch the information

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

I really like how the dispatching is done and received by the technicians and that all the pictures are retrievable. Just like I suggested, I just wish there was an easier way to import the pictures from RazorSync because we have some very large accounts where we have to upload everything on a vendor portal. Sometimes I have to take the technicians phones and take the pics straight off their phones so I can complete what I need to do. I do like the way on the invoicing and quoting is completed because they come out in a PDF that looks very professional to our vendors and customers. The importing of information from Razorsync into QuickBooks is very easy to do and convenient so that I don't always have to do double the entry.

Pros

I like how the invoices come out and look and once everything is entered in, it can be easily imported into QuickBooks.

Cons

I would like to see an easier way to import the pictures after our technicians upload them because most of the vendors we work with have their own portals where we need to upload the pictures individually. I would also like to see an easier way to delete information that is not needed or is a mistake because if something is invoiced or quoted incorrectly you have to go in a round-a-bout to delete it. I would also like to be able to easily delete or edit a service item even if it is attached to another invoice or quote. On the dashboard, I would like to see more reporting with the invoicing, received payments and how much was invoiced out per day/month (even though I can see it in QuickBooks) it would be easier to have a quicker reference

Noelle
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

RazorSync Review

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

It is a great tool for Service industry invoicing and billing.

Pros

The ability to work offline. Good customer support.

Cons

Not customizable. Sometimes our requests for improvement are delayed.

FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Better overall product and customer service.

ProntoForms

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

Best overall product.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Noelle for your review!! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Tera

Great product for cost

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

Ability to use IPADs in the field and customer profiles. We really like the ability to keep all the customers info in one database but still can have the ability to export everything to quickbooks. Customizable forms are a great benefit as well. It has helped us streamline the paperwork side of our company and everyone can see the information when when needed.

Pros

Ability to create own form and customize in many ways. Customer service is great as well. Also the integration with quickbooks is a huge plus as well. We lite that we can customize almost any form. We are easily able to communicate with techs in the field. The customer reports are a great feature to send to customers to show them what we have done when additional details are needed. Overall we are happy with the product.

Cons

Reporting could be improved and navigation throughly the system could be a little more user friendly. Would like to see more Key Performance Indicators for tech and ability to integrate with marketing. I think it is probably a stepping stone platform but great for a smaller company.

Jack
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Razor sync imrovments

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

very good. site could be a little more eye popping. buttons more bubbly. needs to be easier to get around. not all buttons are obvious to find.

Pros

Lots of features. There is an app which is helpfull.

Cons

Want to add multiple people to one job so i dont have to create multiple work orders. There also needs to be an easier way to view all work orders for one site. Also should be another selection for status of work order such as "incomlete-return needed" or "incomplete-end of day". Could also make it so that work orders dont need to be in consecutive days. I would like to be able to have something scheduled on Monday and be able to come back on Wednesday and still be able to access my notes from that monday because i am still working on the same thing. It would be helpful to organize jobs that were cancelled or restructured or a return site visit needs to be done to be put in a place so i know what waasnt completed that week and what is needed to get back to. Tab on calender for sick days or vacation days. Let us export to excel document or word document.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Jack for the review and the feedback! Our Gen 7, which is slated to come out sometime next year will have some new features which will make finding the buttons much easier along with other enhancements! If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out to us.

Scott

Very good product

Reviewed on 11/7/2019

We moved to RazorSync from an older dispatch only software and QB desktop. Being able to invoice and receive payments in the field has changed our business processes completely. We no longer have a person in the office just typing and mailing invoices all day. While I haven’t completely on boarded our inventory yet we are excited about implementing that as well. Our biggest concern in the beginning was being cloud based what would happen if there was an outage but that has been very minimal and quickly repaired on the one or two times it has happened. Overall we are still very happy we made the switch

Pros

Fairly easy to get started but we did not import our existing records.

The price is competitive

Works with QB online

Friendly customer service

Cons

Sometimes we have issues syncing to QB online but that could be QB

Some reports are confusing, for example, printing a customer list of only a certain type is customer has been difficult for us

Response from RazorSync

We are happy to hear you switched to RazorSync and how its changed your business! .If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Amber

• Customer Support Software

Awesome Product....best accounting function of similiar products

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

Razorsync has been an exceptional tool to add to our business. Easy to use and our techs love the map function. Having mobile capability is mostly used for our business and has been a God send for the field.

Pros

I really love the accounting function and how invoices can sync to Quickbooks.

Cons

Would be great if the system would send email/text reminders of appointments to customers the day of the appointment. This would definitely lower call volume. Also, do not like that I have to create a customer then a service request/work order item to see where a customer can be scheduled for routing. Wish that there was a function where I can put in an address and the system could tell me what day where I would be within 1-5 miles of the address for routing purposes.

Response from RazorSync

I am glad to hear you think RazorSync is awesome! Thank you Amber for the great review! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Mary

easy to use

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

It is a good app, easy to navigate overall.

Pros

Our plumbing company uses Razorsync daily and it is very easy for our techs to navigate through. Our office staff would like to see more features to track budgets, sales, and year to date. Our office staff feels that there should be an easier way to achieve searching for customers that have had a particular service done, so we can check back on them. Over all the app is a success with our company, there are just a few little things we would like to utilize from the app. Charts and pie graphs would be an awesome addition to our daily office use.

Cons

It is really difficult to track residential and commercial hours per user. We would like to see more specific reports, other than the few we have to choose from.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Mary for your review and the feedback regarding tracking hours. I am glad to hear you are finding RazorSync easy to navigate. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!

skyra
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Perfect for the money

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

Would definitley chhose Razor Sync again, we enjoy this product.

Pros

I love the ease of this product, very simple to use and navigate

Cons

Sometimes when my techs are out in the field and enter their notes and time, it either deletes or takes about 20 minutes-1 hr to update

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Skyra for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Cheryl
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great customer database/scheduling software

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

It really helps us stay connected and our business functions better as a result of using the software.

Pros

It is easy to use and has a nice mapping feature for customer appointments. We are now also using it for our time clock reporting, which is working out well. The customer service response time and assistance for anything we need is pretty prompt though and they are all helpful.

Cons

We have to make individual work orders for each technician, rather than being able to select 2-3 technicians for the same job. The software does have some odd glitches and will do things like not finding a customer that is known to already be in the database, show attachments as attached to the wrong customer (which is fixed by refreshing or clicking to another customer and then back to the original customer), the advanced reporting features do not produce reports that are easily downloadable, printable or edited.

Terry

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

Pros

The software is intuitive and very easy to learn. My company implemented the software while I was out on a medical leave. Being in the "Senior Citizen" age group, I thought I'd never be able to learn to use the new software. I was wrong! It is very easy to use/maneuver.

Cons

I wish I could choose one schedule and be able to see that one person's week at a glance, rather than having to go day by day and see all techs at once.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Terry for your great review! Please give us a call when you can, we would like to go over some scheduling options for you! 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Lorie

RazorSync Fan

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

RazorSync has streamlined many processes for us as a business and allows me to sync to QuickBooks (our financial software) very easily.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to have multiple tabs open at the same time, responsiveness of tech support when I have a problem.

Cons

There are one or two small issues. I am required to print out invoices and the inability to customize the invoicing causes me to go through a LOT of toner cartridges due to the BLACK backgrounds on the invoice headers on each section, if these areas were a dark grey that wouldn't be an issue. Also, sometimes the invoice prints three pages and if I could move the MEMO area up a smidge (next to the totals) it would print on two.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Lorie for the review! Happy to hear that RazorSync has streamlined your business processes. Please reach out to us if we can help you with anything!