RazorSync

4.5/5

Pavel S.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

What I would like have added or changed

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

I like it very much it suits our needs very well and I notice a steady improvement. So far the customer service has been great every time a call. I believe over the last 3-4 years we had a technical issue only once when Amazon servers were down or something. Will keep on using it and recommending it to my peers.

Pros

Custom service forms. I can create a standard form for pretty much any need. I like the automatic invoicing and Quickbooks integration, gps locator for field workers and time keeping is also great

Cons

I am not sure if it is a "con" but I wish after I import all invoices from Razorsync to Quickbooks, that the invoices already have the checkmarks for the allowed payment options, as now after I generate 50 invoices I need to open each one and checkmark the 2 payment options (bank transfer and CC). On the other hand that way I may catch a wrongly generated invoice.

Another thing I don't like is when I set the recurring services/ work orders and I add a service item when I set up the recurring service (i.e. the cost of the service and a service form to be filled by our employee), the next time I set any service for this client it will include the same forma nd the same service item - so I need to go in and delete those --- is there a way to add service forms and items in a recurring service without having those aper in every later job for the same client?

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

Yes, I did, but back then when we were looking for that type of software the cost was the main factor, you were very reasonably priced and still are. For a small company, the $10-dollar difference per user really adds up on an annual basis.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the great review Pavel! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Phil M.

• Customer Support Software

A great tool for managing a service business...

Reviewed on 2019-11-06

RazorSync has been a good choice for the money we spend on it. The issues we run into are rarely serious and we've found ways to work around the one-way sync for the most part. Overall we are pleased with RazorSync and will likely stay with it for the near future.

Pros

RazorSync does a good job at managing Service Orders, Work Orders and Invoicing for my business. The workflow is reasonably well thought out and implemented and the mobile app makes it easy to check in and out of jobs. The web interface is decent and being able to track technicians' locations through the Field Workers map is handy for determining ETA to jobs. We do invoicing and accounting through Quickbooks Online and the syncing from RazorSync makes billing simple. The Customer Service we've received from RazorSync has always been friendly and timely.

Cons

QuickBooks Online syncing is only one-way so invoices added in QB or modified doesn't carry changes through to RazorSync. We were told shortly after we signed up that updates were in the works to make it a true two-way sync but two and half years later that still hasn't been implemented. Updates to the product seem to have slowed in the last year and we've not seen too many new features added as of late.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Phil for the review! We are happy to hear that our customer service has been timely and friendly! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Brett S.

Overall Good Product, Some things lacking

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

We tried to switch to another software for the option mentioned above. But ended up coming back to Razor because everything else worked so horribly, but Razor worked really well in a lot of small areas.

Pros

We've tried a few different ones and for the price, we haven't found any better than RazorSync. The usability from different devices and flow of information seems to function very well.

Cons

The one thing we wish we had is the combination of this dispatch software with GPS tracking. We get a little bit of it in the technicians tab dropping cookies, but if I could dispatch in Razor, and then go to the GPS and have all the funcionality built there it would be powerful. Would really love to automate time sheets by setting up a geo fence. I can dispatch a job, see the vehicle leave, then once the vehicles leaves the geofence his time sheet starts, one back in the geo fence his time sheet stops.

Verizon Connect

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

Price for Service Titan, and usability for Reveal. It's a horrible product and so much doesn't work.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Brett for the review and the feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything!

Denise D.

• Customer Support Software

Far and beyond our previous solution

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

We have had a great experience. Support is responsive and helpful. They have helped us with the development of customizations and have come up with unique ideas to work with our business model.

Pros

Intuitive and user friendly. It is also integrated with Quickbooks for financial statement generation

Cons

Invoice printing, we would prefer batch printing. Work order templates, currently you only have an option to create a template at the service request level.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you very much for that great review Denise! We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us!

Amber G.

• Customer Support Software

Awesome Product....best accounting function of similiar products

Reviewed on 2019-11-02

Razorsync has been an exceptional tool to add to our business. Easy to use and our techs love the map function. Having mobile capability is mostly used for our business and has been a God send for the field.

Pros

I really love the accounting function and how invoices can sync to Quickbooks.

Cons

Would be great if the system would send email/text reminders of appointments to customers the day of the appointment. This would definitely lower call volume. Also, do not like that I have to create a customer then a service request/work order item to see where a customer can be scheduled for routing. Wish that there was a function where I can put in an address and the system could tell me what day where I would be within 1-5 miles of the address for routing purposes.

Response from RazorSync

I am glad to hear you think RazorSync is awesome! Thank you Amber for the great review! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kristen R.
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

Easy, user friendly and intuitive

Reviewed on 2019-11-15

The support staff was great in helping us customize the product for our use. The elevator trade is a bit specific and unlike other trades. All of the agents were extremely patient and always found a way to solve our dilemma. They have patience of saints!

Pros

It's has an app that is easily used by our field mechanics and is very user friendly. We moved from an elevator specific software program that was not app based.

Cons

The only thing we'd like to see is a search field under the schedule page so we would not have to spend time scrolling through 190+ customers. The other option would be to list the customers on the schedule page alphabetically. Either option would make our review 5 stars instead of 4 as this is a crucial way of searching for customers.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Kristen for the wonderful review and making us the partner in your business! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. We look forward to serving you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Cheryl D.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great customer database/scheduling software

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

It really helps us stay connected and our business functions better as a result of using the software.

Pros

It is easy to use and has a nice mapping feature for customer appointments. We are now also using it for our time clock reporting, which is working out well. The customer service response time and assistance for anything we need is pretty prompt though and they are all helpful.

Cons

We have to make individual work orders for each technician, rather than being able to select 2-3 technicians for the same job. The software does have some odd glitches and will do things like not finding a customer that is known to already be in the database, show attachments as attached to the wrong customer (which is fixed by refreshing or clicking to another customer and then back to the original customer), the advanced reporting features do not produce reports that are easily downloadable, printable or edited.

Robert L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Razorsync is Awesome. Enough Said

Reviewed on 2017-02-01

I have been using this program since 2013 and it is the best one I have found out there. And trust me I looked at a lot of them before finally deciding to stick with Razorsync. It is an intricate part of my daily operation. The ability to create customers, work orders, and multiple separate service request back to back on a customer is nice. I use it to track technician time sheets, daily route location, job to job GPS tracking, and I love the fact that you can add pictures of the before and after work of the jobs to each invoice and it makes a PDF that goes directly to the customer while we are still onsite shows the customers we are a professional company and will aways be ready to serve them whenever they need us. It puts us a step ahead of the rest in the HVAC field. Customer service is easy to talk to and very quick to respond. In short, this program is Awesome.

Pros

Mobile app, GPS tracking, Time sheet tracking, Invoice Tracking, Inventory Tracking Great customer service.

Cons

No PO system yet.

Terry B.

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

Pros

The software is intuitive and very easy to learn. My company implemented the software while I was out on a medical leave. Being in the "Senior Citizen" age group, I thought I'd never be able to learn to use the new software. I was wrong! It is very easy to use/maneuver.

Cons

I wish I could choose one schedule and be able to see that one person's week at a glance, rather than having to go day by day and see all techs at once.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Terry for your great review! Please give us a call when you can, we would like to go over some scheduling options for you! 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Lorie M.

RazorSync Fan

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

RazorSync has streamlined many processes for us as a business and allows me to sync to QuickBooks (our financial software) very easily.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to have multiple tabs open at the same time, responsiveness of tech support when I have a problem.

Cons

There are one or two small issues. I am required to print out invoices and the inability to customize the invoicing causes me to go through a LOT of toner cartridges due to the BLACK backgrounds on the invoice headers on each section, if these areas were a dark grey that wouldn't be an issue. Also, sometimes the invoice prints three pages and if I could move the MEMO area up a smidge (next to the totals) it would print on two.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Lorie for the review! Happy to hear that RazorSync has streamlined your business processes. Please reach out to us if we can help you with anything!

Momchil S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Pool Industry future

Reviewed on 2019-11-07

Great.

Pros

How easy is to work with it. How easy is to set your custom form.

Cons

1.You don't know if you are clock in/out only with browsing your schedule. If you do that every day you need reminder (button clock in/out on your schedule page or maybe different color for your background with clock in and clock out).
2.We send (40+) emails every day to our clients. Each email contains pictures. I would like the app to be able to detect that my attachment is not uploaded and not send the email until the attachment is uploaded

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review and rating Momchil! Can you contact our support at 877-675-4395 or send an email to [email protected] to see if there's an issue we can help to resolve?

Jessica B.

Very helpful

Reviewed on 2019-11-06

Pros

I like that I can follow a work order from creation to invoice easily. I like the customized way razor sync was able to set up our database.

Cons

There is no way to track the invoices that are emailed out. Meaning I cannot see an outgoing mail.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review Jessica! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Denise B.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Review From Cleantech Renewables

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

Very good program. Keeps things organized

Pros

The set up. The schedule page is my favorite. We know where each guy is scheduled to be in a glance

Cons

The initial set up. I didn't find there was enough support. Took a long while before I was comfortable enough to solely rely on this program

Moment

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

The dashboard and the schedule page

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review Denise! If you ever feel like you need more training on anything let us know. We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call us. 877-675-4395 option 2 for support

Chris P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

It has changed our service ticket process, and made our management and billing more streamlined...

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

We streamlined our service ticket and billing functions. We went from hand written tickets that would be billed on average 20-25 days after the call, to going paperless, and being able to now invoice tickets, 1-2 days after the call.

Pros

The layout of the system is well designed and easy to navigate. The app is easy to use, and allows our team in the field to process information in a quick and easy manner. The interaction with Quickbooks Online, makes our billing process much more simplified.

Cons

I wish the Service Ticket was better designed, and laid out better. The tickets are usually two or three pages, and it would be nice to have a more summary like feel. I also don't like the map on the service ticket, as it doesn't really work well. Since we bill from Quickbooks Online it would be nice to be able to eliminate the invoice portion from RazorSync and just be able to put a service ticket summary out.

Candy M.

RazorSynce experience

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

Getting write ups faster from our work crew and knowing where they are at in a job. It doesn't always refresh as quickly as I like when the guys are out in the field.

Pros

It's ease with working with Quickbooks and getting the write ups done quicker.

Cons

You have to enter each item line by line and can't copy a work order to another work order. We've add to do some work arounds in order to make it function for our needs.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Candy for taking the time to write this review! We are grateful to be able to help your business. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!

Natalie B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Lots of potential, but not quite there

Reviewed on 2019-11-02

Nice to be able to see (for the most part) where employees are and dispatching works very well. RS would be a better fit for a company that could use it as designed. Unfortunately, in order to get RS to operate as we need it to to, we have had to make up many complicated and time consuming procedures that offset much of the time savings afforded to those whose business models are more compatible w/ RS's design. The ability to make customizations could potentially solve this issue.

Customer service leaves something to be desired.

Pros

Relatively easy to use.

Inventory management w/ price tiers is useful, but we havent actually used that feature yet.

Cons

Lacks intermediate levels between admin and user. It would be nice if you could supervisors the ability to make WOs w/o giving them access to other sensitive information.

Lacks fields that are visible to management, but not employees (for instance a place to put billing information for jobs that are based on a bid price rather than an hourly labor rate)

Service items are not time stamped which makes them unhelpful for many types of reports.

Not bilingual.

Frequent technical issues including issues w/ GPS.

Breadcrumbs are hard to interpret because you can zoom in enough. Makes it impossible to tell when an employee started and stopped at a given location.

It would be nice to be able to close out multiple WOs that are part of the same service request at the same time/ if it was more friendly for those situations that might only have one line of billing despite multiple people or days of work being required.

Makes you change password too frequently.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Natalie for your review and feedback, we appreciate it. Please let us know if we can help you with anything.

Trey K.

Great Product! Even Better Price

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

the product has remained robust and useful and we really liked it. However I believe recently the company was purchased or expanded and the customer service level has dropped

Pros

It is easy to use and extremely useful as well. We can do everything from service request to invoice from the office or the desktop for a fraction of the cost of others and with all the bells and whistles we need

Cons

We need to customize our terminology more. So that our customers are speaking the same language we are which isn't always available inside razorsync

Response from RazorSync

Thanks for the review Trey! Happy to hear you are loving the software! Please let us know if we can help with anything!

Anthony D.

• Customer Support Software

Quality control at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

Pros

Cost, versatility, functionality. The software is unique and has everything that we currently need at a very reasonable cost. Comparable software is higher priced and does not give you as many or as desirable features.

Cons

Sometimes the software crashes. Some technicians have more issues then other and have to remove the app and re download

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pricing and flexibility

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for you review and feedback Anthony! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mike L.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Absolute on RazorSync

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

A smooth scheduling platform for technicians and an easy way to bill service calls as they are completed.

Pros

Ease of use for our field technicians so we could count on them actually using the software. Integration with Quickbooks has been seamless.

Cons

Would like to see continued development. I haven't seen really any change in the software over the last 2 years. Maybe add modules like Project management and Job costing etc.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review Mike! Happy to hear how easy to use RazorSync has been for you! If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us!

Melissa S.

• Customer Support Software

It's a Breeze once you get the process down

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

The benefit of being able to work from basically anywhere, I use my phone most of the time if I'm not in the office, but If I'm at home, my personal home computer does the job. I've been in the hospital, on vacation, traveling and I have been able to set up work for my techs back on site.

Pros

I like that I can run my business from home on days where I just can't get in, if it's bad weather, sick kid, or just a personal day, I can still do my job by logging in from home

Cons

It was a learning curve in the beginning, but I think I can definitely call myself a pro right now, and my technicians even like it. The ease of using the Ipad for all their calls has just been perfect

Michele R.

Works Well For Our Company

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

RazorSync has made scheduling much more streamlined for us. There are a lot of features that they offer and you can pick and choose what works for you.

Pros

RazorSync makes scheduling and keeping track of our customers easy. I like how easy it is to look up customers and put them on the schedule.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot mark addresses as "inactive" or something along those lines. For some of our customers that makes their list VERY long.

Response from RazorSync

Happy to hear we've made scheduling easier! Thank you for the great review Michele. We're so grateful to be able to help your business. Please reach out if we can help with anything!

Harry M.

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 2019-11-07

PAPERLESS!!, immediate invoicing, payment recording, record keeping with pictures, and scheduling.

Pros

It was easy to set up and navigate through.

Cons

Proposal format is not customizable and no attachments field at the address level.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Harry for this review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist!! Happy to help you go paperless!! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Genaro H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Dispatching

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

Great App. Only wish my techs could see previous job data without having admin privileges. Would also be super dope if you embedded weather.ca into the calendar view (Like Outlook.com) for field guys that work outdoors and schedule around bad weather.

Pros

The cloud-based sync
Field Technicians Page
Schedule Page

Cons

Can't switch job owner once job is created

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review and feedback Genaro! If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Sandy G.

RazorSync Experience

Reviewed on 2019-11-01

We use daily for our scheduling our Service Tech(s). Makes it easy for him to see & adjust if necessary also.

Pros

RazorSync is user friendly & can be changed if a mistake putting info in is made without having to create a new one.

Cons

Under the Customer would be nice for the jobs to be alphabetized instead of having to go thru the whole list to find what we want. Quite a few or our Customers have a lot of jobs under them

Response from RazorSync

Thanks Sandy. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out the review. Your feedback is important. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us!

Brock E.

• Customer Support Software

Good bang for buck software

Reviewed on 2019-11-03

Pros

Easy to use, and a great tool to track my customers, projects and invoicing. Customizable services and products is very helpful too. Integrates with QuickBooks too!

Cons

I did not like the RS credit card swiper and merchant service they partner with.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review and feedback Brock! Please reach out to us if there is anything your need or if you have any questions.