Five9 Reviews

Five9

Cloud contact and call center software

4.2/5 (365 reviews)
Spencer P.

Five9 is THE PLACE to go to for excellent phone communication. Easy to use, fast, and reliable.

Reviewed on 4/25/2018

The benefits I got from this software is a great quality inbound call service center for a reasonable cost. It is incredibly easy to learn and use regularly. Also, using the report features it gives the user, we are able to find data on each of our calls. We even give bonuses to those who consistently report high numbers in new patient calls, based off what data the report gives us. It's incredibly helpful insight to help guide us along on whether we should revamp the way we answer calls or even consider two employees on the shift at once to take calls.

Pros

I like the most how it disconnects from the complication of having a business line. There are special call center phones with setups and programs that make taking calls difficult. Five9, however, is simple. We use a pair of headphones and the software and you're set to take calls at any time! The quality of the phone communication is great and we've had a consistent, reliable beam of phone service since we started using Five9 about 1.5 years ago. The software itself is incredibly simple and easy to learn as well as being fast and efficient. It's the little things, like being able to run weekly reports on calls, and seeing if another person is waiting in queue to talk to you, that matter.

Cons

There are two things I like the least: customer service and not being able to block incoming call numbers easily. On average, I have to call Five9 Customer Service once every 2-3 months about a question. The customer support employee on the other end of the line does their best, but usually they are not helpful about the specific issue. They have helped me with a 5 star-rating in some issues, but sometimes it's a 2-star interaction when they don't know what to do. It's kind of a "turn it off and turn it back on again" approach. I've had a few times where they simply don't know how to resolve the issue. They keep checking back on you, calling and sending emails several times after the issue. This is a nice sentiment, but often results in annoyance when the issue has already been settled or someone found out something on their own. The other thing I like the least and the reason I gave it 4 stars for features and functionality is that there is only one way to block incoming numbers. Many unknown numbers call our office every day and hang up immediately. We think this is an automated service or sales call which has glitched and called us. To block a number, you have to go into the manager's portal and reroute the calls. It's a complicated process.

Response from Five9

Hello Spencer, thank you for your great and thorough review. We're happy to hear that Five9 is working so well for you and is helping your business succeed.

Kathy H.

Pretty pleased overall!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Reliable software for handling our incoming calls, like the fact that I can define campaigns and see where each call is coming from, like the reporting features for the most part (see one drawback below in "cons"). Connection is pretty good most of the time if using a hard-wired headset. Good customer service, very responsive and good at following up.

Cons

Don't like the fact that since we've installed Skuid we cannot get Five9 to sync records with Salesforce, which has created numerous issues with duplicate records. Was working with you all to get this situated, but the attempted fix created a massive crash in the middle of our business day and I haven't been able to revisit for fear of doing that again. Maybe we can plan to work on it with you after hours...
Also don't like the fact that the reporting reports "ready state" whether in "ready voice" or "ready VM" or "ready voice and VM." Would like to have a separate reporting for "ready VM," which is a state we would not like to pay our agents for b/c it does not result in live answers, and "ready voice" or "ready voice + VM," which are states we do want to pay our agents for b/c the calls are answered live when those are the choices (unless all agents busy, of course).

Response from Kristin

Kathy, thanks for writing your review. I have reached out to your account manager who will reach out to you shortly. Please do let us know if you have any questions about Five9 features or reports; we’re here to help.

Kimber C.

If you want the best...

Reviewed on 10/1/2019

The overall experience is great as you can focus on running your business rather than fighting with software. The multiple modes of dialer is extremely helpful too.

Pros

After several trials with other dialer systems and getting out of a contract with another dialer company, Five9 is simply one of the best systems for large organizations. Not only is it user friendly and easy to set up and management, the reporting functions are great and customizable. So easy to add/remove users and update skills. Uploading leads is a synch.

Cons

The ability to view agent chat sessions needs to be improved. It appears there is functionality there but in fact, you must log on as the agent to view. Upon doing so, you must kick the agent out of production.

Response from Five9

Hi Kimber, thank you for taking the time to share your review here on Capterra. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great user experience, thank you for being part of the Five9 family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any further service.

Best Regards,
Cindy Seto
Customer Advocacy Manager

Doug H.

Five9 is the best Cloud based VOIP system we have found

Reviewed on 12/6/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have tried about 6 different companies for our call center and Customer Service Agents and Five9 by far is the best solution. There are cheaper systems out there but you definitely get what you pay for. In my experience the lower cost solutions will cost you more money to implement and manage than just using Five9 to start.

Pros

There are a lot of things we like about Five9. The service and customer support is very good. They are timely and everyone we have worked with is very knowledgeable. The system itself is very user-friendly. Since you are so involved in setting the system up you quickly become familiar with how to work with it and how things actually work.

Cons

Initially I had concerns about the pricing with Five9's product compared to several other companies. I actually hired 3 different companies and ended the relationships with 2 before even getting them implemented. The customer service and setup of their systems was a nightmare. One took over 2 months to even get setup and after that several things we were promised didn't work. The 3rd company we used for about 6 months and had issue after issue and promise after promise not met. I came back to Five9 as it is worth the investment for my company.

Response from Kristin

Hi Dough, thank you very much for posting this excellent review. We strive to be a true partner to our customers, and our customer support team is one of the things that sets us apart from other vendors. Please let us know if we can ever be of service.

Five9 Review

Reviewed on 5/29/2019

It's incredibly valuable. The Supervisor Web application is great and provides valuable performance insights out of the box. It works incredibly well with Salesforce, and Five9 also has a plethora of strategic partner options for AI, Analytics, WFM, Quality Monitoring, Social Media, etc., that add further value to Five9's CC Software. We have a standing weekly meeting with our technical account manager that helps us maintain and implement all changes necessary. Further, this individual is always available when needed outside our standing calls.

Pros

Plug-in capability with our CRM Salesforce. It's automation capabilities have increased both our average speed of answer and speed to lead response times. We leverage the managed services relationship to help maintain our IVR and its behaviors. This is also a great resource to consult with on new projects, ideas or considerations, as well as learn from others' best practices.

Cons

It can be challenging to automate using processes and workflows that work directly with your CRM. I recommend you have an internal resource that's very tech savvy on all your operating systems, CRMs, contact center software applications, etc. If you don't dedicated the time, money and resources necessary, you may find the product disappointing. That said, I don't believe that's an issue with the product. Rather, the application or launch of the product.

Unbiased Review

Reviewed on 8/23/2018

They provide business solutions on a reasonable price. Their customer service is amazing. I haven't had any issues with how their tech or customer support team handle any issues we bring up. They are very personable. I just hope they launch web app for supervisor view that's included in the premium.

Pros

It's easy to use and accessible as long as internet is available. Supervisor views are customizable to fit preference and requirements. Agent applet/softphone app is very user-friendly. It is not intimidating because it looks simple yet professional.

Cons

Reporting is a pain. It does not show the numbers that will make sense in a BPO setting. Java based application for Supervisor is also excruciating especially if Java version in the PC is not compatible. Good thing agent applet has web-based option now.

Response from Five9

Hi, thank you for sharing your review. We pride ourselves with our excellent customer service team and it's great to hear your experience has been amazing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you have any questions about our reporting or any other features. We're here to help.

Michael R.

Powerful and Customizable

Reviewed on 4/20/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Before we started using Five9, we used another well-known phone system. Our company grew and with it grew the challenges of effectively managing inbound calls, as well as tracking call outcomes. Five9 took our call center to another level. It's not the cheapest system, but there's a reason for that. It really helps you understand what's going on in your call center; and, as a result, become better at managing your call flow.

Pros

Five9 will help you monitor calls and track your call volume. If you're a call center, this system will help you receive calls more efficiently, track the outcome of calls, and improve your call center's performance. It has excellent reporting features and it's customizable to meet your company's specific needs.

Cons

You need to know a little about the system before you can go in and change settings. It's not as intuitive as some of the other basic systems, but then, it's not a basic phone system. Five9 does not offer voicemail extensions. That's not what it's designed for. I do wish that we could get our phone extensions from them.

Krystyna L.

Managing Interactions With Clients Has Never Been That Easy

Reviewed on 2/28/2019

You need a solution for maintaining your interactions with the clients without losing your mind? Then you need Five9. I highly recommend this platform to anyone who wants to make sure that all the customer requests are satisfied and needs all the documentation at their fingertips.

Pros

I've been using Five9 for quite a while for managing all my interactions with clients via different means. Things are easier with centralized reporting. The best aspect of Five9 is that it is cloud-based, so you have no confusion with your documentation. The platform's setup is quite simple, you don't have to be some IT-wizard of Oz to get into it. But even if you can't, you can contact Five9's technical support – their managers can solve basically anything.

Cons

I can hardly find something to complain about Five9. Even if I had some complaints with them not being up to the minute, I would have been too late with posting it, as the platform is updating constantly. The only thing that I can complain about is the notification, as they pop up in the middle of the screen, but that's more of slight irritation, rather than some major flaw to be pointed out.

Corbin M.

4 year customer. Five9 is simple yet robust, meeting most of our needs.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017

Pros

Robust reporting, simple agent interface, no expensive software or equipment required, very supportive and available customer service. Quickly Scaleable. Great for small, medium, and large call centers.

Cons

Agent script requires HTML to write and is only one page. If call flow can be complicated, this is a problem. Dynamic scripting is a need for us as we grow, so this is becoming a problem. If a feature does not exist, if you put in a feature request. It is highly unlikely that they will develop the future you need though. We have experienced 3-5 service outages over there almost 4 years we have used them. This has lost us money. If they had a good interface for texting, emailing, and chatting with customers, that would be nice as well.

Response from Five9

Hello Corbin, Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We're glad to hear Five9 is working well for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager with any questions or feedback about the features we offer. We're here to help.

Wendee C.

My job my life

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

I use this on a daily basis for my job. Over 3 years now I've been using it and whenever i have any issues even slight, they are there to help me thru it. There's been a few times I've had my own pc issues and they have been there to help me get it going and back onto work. Love this software.

Pros

This is the software I use to do my job daily. I've used it for over 3 years now and it is exceptional. It hasn't lead me wrong at all and even at times I have a slight issue, the tech support is superb and very helpful, patient and kind. I wouldn't be able to do my job and keep my job if this wasn't such a great software program.

Cons

Only thing i can say I dislike about it would be not being able to enlarge font during chat usage, but it's such a minor thing that I don't even notice and someday it will probably be changed as well.

Response from Five9

Hello Wendee,
Thank you for sharing your amazing feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you love our software and our customer support. Please let us know if we can ever be of service.

Kevin P.

One of the most call center software that you can find today

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Overall experience is very astounding , the software itself is again very easy to use, support is always ready to help you, very recommendable to my friends and I am looking forward to use Five9 in the years to come.

Pros

From the very first day I started using Five9 I was amazed by how this software can do for you, it is very user-friendly and most of all their support team is very helpful. Doing inbound and outbound calls to people is very easy and It makes my job a lot more easier than the usual.

Cons

Everytime that there is an update on the software there will be errors that will pop right after, or giving me a hard time logging in again, I hope that they can do something about this very soon.

Response from Five9

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves with having the best customer support team in the industry and it's great to hear you would recommend Five9 to your friends. Please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're here to help you succeed.

Stephanie B.

Five9

Reviewed on 8/16/2018

We have been using the software for more than 6 years. Five9 was able to help create custom reports & be able to download files at a certain time. Were also able to help with the recording of calls & help us remain compliant at the same time

Pros

works as a dialer should. easy visibility to what the Agent is currently doing or has done throughout the day. easily customizable (Supervisor screen). Tons of reports available without having to customize. Able to customize the Agents screens with fields available. Very little downtime or issues & have the ability to activate GR fairly quickly. always are aware of any maintenance & downtime expected (a couple of weeks notice normally)

Cons

sometimes following up on open tickets take longer than it should. Accessing an Engineer is not always easy. Limited to customize some screens. If there are issues, difficult to find out as not very forthcoming of information

Michael R.

Take Your Call Center to the Next Level

Reviewed on 5/1/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Five9 was a huge investment into our call center.

Pros

The reporting features impress me daily. There is a wealth of information coming through your call center each day. If you're not capturing it properly or tracking it, you losing revenue and productivity. Five9 helps you grow your business by not just collecting the data, but understanding it. You'll be able to identify time waste and increase the quality of caller experience

Cons

If you're not going to do anything with the data, don't collect it. The reporting features are awesome, so if you're not into that, this may not be right for you. It's also more expensive that other entry-level systems. I wish Five9 would offer phone #s and extensions.

Response from Kristin

Thank you for posting this great review, Michael. We’re excited to hear that our reports are helping you increase your review and productivity. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of service.

Oscar V.

Reporting made easy!

Reviewed on 4/26/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the reporting capabilities in Five9. After working with Cisco for the past 3 months, I've realized how much easier and customizable the reporting tools are in Five9.

Cons

The functionality could be a little bit better. Being able to toggle between calls when you put a client on hold is a MUST and I'm shocked it's taken this long for Five9 to address this issue. And as much as I love the reporting capabilities, sometimes interpreting the data is not the easiest and customer service does not provide you with any help. An example would be running two separate reports on the same data, but acquiring different results. Data often does not match when it should.

Response from Kristin

Hi Oscar, thanks for sharing your review about our reporting features. It’s great to hear the report are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to your account manager should you ever have any questions about the reports or any other features.

Skyler G.

Their Name Holds True - Up 99.999% of the Time

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Five9 helped my department (and the company) manage several thousand calls per month with ease. It really is a great program and the customer service is on point.

Pros

I used Five9 in one of my previous roles for 3+ years. In those 3 yrs of use Five9 only went down three, maybe four times and only for a short time at that.
The software was easy to use and can do quite a bit. The only reason I do not use Five9 now is because the company I work for now is too deeply entrenched in another VOIP service.

Five9 very seemlessly integrates with Salesforce and other CRMs.
Reporting is also another thing Five9 does very well. The custom reporting options is almost overwhelming but with a little practice and guidance you can really zero in on the metrics you want.

Cons

At the time, the non CRM user interface was a little dated but easy to use and reliable.

David Q.

Five9 is an easy to use web-based call center platform

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

Much better view of what our call center was doing. Recorded calls are awesome.

Pros

Five 9 is easy to us. You can customize it however you want. Adding additional phone numbers or agents is a snap. The account managers we have been assigned have been great. The people they assign to you durning deployment were extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

Call statistic data only saved for 60 days. Should have a way to save all data locally or keep it on their server for at least 2 years. Makes trending difficult. You can export reports but if you didn't know you need something and then the 60 days have elapsed you are out of luck.

There should also be a way to use the administrator functions on the web via a java applet. It would help out being able to make emergency changes on a cell phone.

Response from Five9

David, Thank you for posting your great review. Providing "great customer experiences every time" is our vision, and we're excited to hear that your customer experience has been excellent. We're here to help, so please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you ever need anything.

Pam A.

Highly Recommend Five9, after failed implementation of 3 other apps

Reviewed on 10/29/2019

Quick deployment, reliable product and allowed us to significantly reduce headcount and improve operational efficiency

Pros

After implementing several other call center software programs that did not meet our requirements, Five9 offers such a rich feature/function set and meets all our needs. The sales, implementation and support experience has been superior compared to their competitors.

Cons

From and IT perspective, the help desk/customer support team's knowledge is lacking. Most of our inquiries are not able to be addressed by 1st level

Cecelia G.

Five9 was easy to use when calling delinquent homeowners. Setting up call campaigns and loading

Reviewed on 12/15/2017

Able to make multiple call passes on the campaign.

Pros

Able to set up different call campaign to your needs on your delinquent customer. You can call the more delinquent customer first, do a no call campaign and set up the dialer to call the homeowner how every many times you need to. The dialer will remove disconnected call so that you not calling them over and over again during the campaign. The reports were very helpful when trying to see what or how many call were made by the employees.

Cons

It was hard to understand some of the employees at the helpdesk. You were not able to know how many passes you made on a call. The reporting was complicated on this information.

Response from Five9

Hello Cecelia,
Thanks for posting your review on how Five9 helped you execute your campaign more effectively. If you ever have any questions about our reporting features, please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager.

7.0/10
Adriana L.

Five9 is the best software solution for out telephone needs.

Reviewed on 5/7/2018

Great reports and statistic metrics. Our customers can get a hold of us all the time and they very seldom have to leave us a voice mail. Our sales and patient retention has increased!

Pros

We run a small call center for our clinics, all of our patient calls are routed to our call center. Five9 is our call center software and we love it. Five9 is so easy to use, our team learned the system in under an hour. The reports available in the system have helped us track our progress. The statistic reports have been instrumental in our goal planing process.

Cons

When we need customer service we often have to leave voice mails and wait for a call back. I would really help if we could get a live person right away when needed.

Response from Five9

Hello Adriana,
It's fantastic to hear that Five9 has helped you increase your sales and patient retention. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Let us know if we can ever be of service.

Tracy W.

Five9 meets our Call Center needs

Reviewed on 9/25/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Custom service is helpful and goes above & beyond to help get my questions answered.

Pros

We have multiple options for selection and Five9 makes it easy to triage the calls & record the incoming calls in a professional and timely fashion. We are able to access a recording minutes after it is recorded. We can also run monthly metric reports.

Cons

Outbound calls are not recorded. System does not integrate with our current intake database (salesforce).

Response from Kristin

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for posting your review. We pride ourselves with our excellent 24/7 customer support and are happy to hear our call recording and reporting features are working well for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your account manager if you ever have questions about any other features or integrations we offer.

Sven H.

By far the best Saleforce dialer but very complex to set up. Lacks basic process out of the box.

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

The only automated dialer app for outbound calls I have found that actually works with Salesforce. Fast and reliable, handles prioritization of lead pipe in near realtime, flexible in setting up campaigns and rules. Inbound is also powerful, and blending in/outbound works like a charm. Once I got it working it is by far the best Salesforce dialer (I have tried all the big ones!).

Cons

Thousands of settings in various places so very difficult to setup. Lacks basic sales process in the out of the box setup (eg no scheduling of callbacks) so took months of experimenting with Salesforce workflows etc to build a working sales process. Had big problems before we finally got it right, and the sales team initially hated it because of all the problems.
Inbound is soooo complex that I do not even dare to touch the flow setup myself.

Diana P.

Easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 4/26/2018

Pros

I have used this at 3 separate companies and there isn't a complicated learning curve and their help section is very detailed with extensive training modules that you can reference easily.

Cons

The one thing that I'm not thrilled with is the `Supervisor area. It's cumbersome to try and sort the view and it would be nice if there was a find feature so I can locate an agent without resorting everything by name and then re-clicking a dozen times to put everything back.

Response from Five9

Hi Diana, Thank you for your great review. We're excited to hear that Five9 is working so well for Venmo. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager if you ever have any questions about our features or functionality.

Lisa m. B.

It's so easy!

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

I really enjoy using this software. I have had a lot of great experience with customer service.

Pros

I like that you can customize this software to meet your individual needs. It's very easy to set up a campaign, customize reports and to train the agents on using the software. I work in a correctional industry and I was very surprised at how easy it was to secure the software to meet the Department of Corrections security needs.

Cons

This software price is on the high end of the spectrum.

Response from Five9

Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your review and sharing how Five9 has made you more successful in your job and in your industry. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of service.

Christopher M.

Hard to implement, but robust

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

It's very robust software, but the implementation is not worth the trouble- it's made for calling a large, large body of numbers with little need to change the leads within the campaign.

Pros

Once you get it going, which isn't easy at all, it doesn't quit running.

Cons

It's horrible to implement, the support is awful, it also uses mechanics that are impossible to understand with minimal documentation.

0.0/10
Damon L.

Five9 Review

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

It's been great! So much so that when we merged with another company, we convinced them to change from their service to Five9.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, which allows me to be mobile with my call center. We live in Florida and have had to evacuate the office for a hurricane, but my teams were able to login from the safety of their evacuated places and continue to offer support.

Cons

I feel like the reports are sometimes confusing.

Response from Five9

Hello Damon, Thank you very much for your review and for sharing how Five9 has helped you and your team, especially during the hurricane season. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of service.