PayPal

4.7 (25,013)
Comprehensive solution to serve your business needs.

(25,013)

Jake
Jake

A User-Friendly Invoicing System and Accounting System

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

Great so far. I don't see us switching to any other invoicing platform anytime soon.

Pros

The thing that led us over to PayPal was how easily integrated it was with other platforms as well as how familiar everyone already is with it. The pricing is competitive per transaction and it easily allows for international invoicing and payment. It also made it really easy for our accountant to understand the layout of it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like at first was that I typically associate PayPal with a cash app between non-professional relationships. After seeing their invoicing system, I was immediately impressed.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We made the switch because more people were familiar with PayPal and it made sense to do so. Plus, we weren't sure how simple it was to invoice and collect payment from international clients. With PayPal, we knew how easy it would be.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

It came down to pricing and functionality. PayPal offered the same features without the monthly fees.
Suzan
Suzan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Paypal Business Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-04

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

Pros

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

Cons

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Invoice Simple and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.
Kousay
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Service not good any more

Reviewed on 2024-01-15

Pros

They limited my account for no reason. Tried calling them two times to ask for the reason, they said they'll investigate and send me an email within 3 days. It's has been over a month and I still have not received a response from them.

Cons

I have been a paypal user for a long time. I thought of it as being secure and safe. My opinion has totally changed jow after they blocked and limited my account and froze my money.

Rilwan
  • Industry: Media Production

Seamless payment for businesses

Reviewed on 2023-11-07

Pros

Incorporating Paypal to handle the payment and billing for our platform has been lovely and seamless. The features and ease to navigate the platform is great as well as the pricing which is inexpensive.

Cons

The customer service when it comes to dispute resolution can be a stressful in some cases and this is vital to running our platform well.

Krystin
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

• Customer Support Software

PayPal is priceless! Efficient & simple. Must have for Small businesses!

Reviewed on 2023-08-23

I’ve honestly have had an incredible, simple, effective experience with PayPal. I was lost when it came to tech but I knew I had a good experience with PayPal as a user so I immediately got it for my business and I was soo relieved it was easy/simple to use! It’s helped me take my small business to the next level! It’s safe, I never worry about my data or my clients data, fraud or anything. I’ve easily integrated PayPal into my other systems, like calendly and my website. Invoices look so professional and are so organized, which helps with tax season! It’s not expensive, it is fair pricing, unlike other systems I looked at. PayPal is always innovative and upgrading so I know my business can grow with the trends, even be ahead of the trends. As my business grows larger, PayPal has all the tools I need to assist it’s growth. PayPal is priceless! I feel like PayPal just gets me and my small business.

Pros

The ease of use attracted me most. I’m not tech savvy at all but I was able to quickly figure my business PayPal. I can integrate it into my other software and that’s been extremely helpful. Having PayPal has made things so much easier for me, I never have to worry about payments, security, etc., because PayPal is on top of it all. The fact that it’s easy to use makes it priceless!

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like about PayPal, The only thing I wish they had was scheduling so I didn’t have to have calendly.

Square Payments, Cash App, Stripe and Affirm

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The ease of use, cost, and integration capabilities are the main reasons I chose PayPal over other’s. As a user, I was familiar with PayPal, I never had any issues and I trusted PayPal so I chose them over other companies. I’m not tech savvy but I knew PayPal was very simple to use and that was my biggest reason. The price of PayPal, it’s security, technology and innovations were other big reasons. PayPal is a leader in the industry, I trust them for good reason. They just get me and my small business. Other companies seemed to be “followers” in the industry and didn’t have the same capabilities and trust as PayPal. You have to go with a trustworthy company, and that’s PayPal!
Lily

Small Business MUST

Reviewed on 2023-08-16

Smooth sailing and effortlessly symbiotic. PayPal is an incredible platform.

Smooth sailing and effortlessly symbiotic. PayPal is an incredible platform.

Pros

PayPal makes accepting payments online automatic for small businesses. Without it, I would be stuck dealing in cash--and who uses cash nowadays? To have a functioning business in the 21st century is practically synonymous with using PayPal.

Cons

The only pitfall is that the system could use an aesthetic update, which is a very minor flaw and quite possibly just personal preference.

Mindbody

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Way more cost-effective with the same functions needed and more reliable.
Mike
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Paypal is a great platform for buying and selling.

Reviewed on 2023-08-14

I have been using Paypal for years as both a buyer and a seller. Starting back in the day with Ebay and now from many of my own ecommerce stores.

Pros

I love the fast processing of payments and the user friendly platform. Love how so many places do accept it as payment and many seller stores offer it.

Cons

Fees can be annoying so that's the biggest con as a seller. Certain places still do not use it and that is also a downside.

Square Payments and Venmo

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Paypal is just more user friendly and serves my needs.

Cash App, Stripe, Google Pay and Amazon Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I was just more knowledgeable about Paypal and it was easy to learn.
Setareh
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Paypal is a secure and convenient way to handle online transactions

Reviewed on 2023-04-29

Overall, I am satisfied with PayPal and I will keep using it for online payments, sending, and receiving money. PayPal is one of the most trusted payment platforms for individuals and businesses worldwide, with a robust set of features.

Pros

I use PayPal a lot. I use it to send money to a friend or family. I also use it to send money to a bank, or do online shopping. One of the benefits of using PayPal is that it can be linked to multiple sources of funds, such as a bank account or credit card. This makes it easy to manage finances and keep track of transactions in one place.Paypal is very safe and secure; it offers buyer and seller protection, which can give peace of mind when making purchases. The platform also provides a dispute resolution process in case of any issues. The last thing to mention is that PayPal payments are usually processed quickly, and the account balance is updated almost instantly. I recommend using PayPal to everyone who needs to handle online transactions and ecommerce securely. It is also free and user-friendly.

Cons

PayPal is very powerful and useful application; I do not have many dislikes. The only cons I can mention is that PayPal charges fees for various transactions, including receiving money, transferring between accounts, and withdrawing funds. It would be great if these charges could have been removed.

Aristote

• Customer Support Software

the best software for online payment and financial transactions

Reviewed on 2023-10-27

for my part, paypal is one of the best online payment software, and my experience with paypal is just incredible

Pros

I like the ease and security with which PayPal processes my financial transactions online, but also its efficiency

Cons

the only drawback with paypal is that most of its services are not accessible everywhere in the world, for example certain African countries cannot receive payments on their paypal account

• Customer Support Software

Honestly the most amazing electronic payment method out there

Reviewed on 2023-08-12

Awesome

Awesome

Pros

The best part of Paypal is the fact its global, and safe.

Cons

No complaints at all, its good as it is but if there's any way to make it better please, by all means

Katherine
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

Ease of collecting payments from clients via PayPal for sole practitioner

Reviewed on 2019-11-21

Accepting payments from clients was easy. Transferring money from PayPal to my personal accounts was easy. I really enjoyed using PayPal for my business needs for the time that I did, however I was using a paper health records system in conjunction with PayPal, so when I transferred over to an electronic health records system, the EHR included a payment functionality that streamlines with client appointments, notes, etc. I prefer PayPal's operations over the one I'm using now, except for the streamlined and connected functionality of the EHR payment system.

Pros

The variety of options in what to do with the money held in PayPal after a payment was made. This included an instant transfer to my personal bank account for a reasonable fee, a standard transfer to my bank account for zero fee that would happen in a couple business days, or even just leaving the money in PayPal to be used for other things. My Uber and Lyft accounts were linked to PayPal for payment, as well as Netflix, Spotify, Groupon, and other things. I always knew where my money was, there was no wondering how long it would take to transfer from one account to another.

Cons

I was unable to accept HSA or FSA cards. I also did not have a physical card reader so my clients were either downloading PayPal in order to pay via transfer to me, or I was creating an invoice where they could then enter in a card number. As a clinician, I didn't like that it felt as though I was asking them to download an app, even though the flexibility was actually there if they chose not to do so. I would have also liked the option to add a 'cash payment completed' option on an outstanding invoice. There was actually very little that I did not like about PayPal however.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal was the obvious choice at the time. I already had a personal PayPal account and was able to start accepting money from clients right away without any hassle or hoops to jump through. If I were running a different type of business that didn't also require attached notes, 'superbills', and other medical professional add-ons, I would still be using PayPal as my primary way to collect money.
Emeka
Emeka
  • Used for 2+ years

A Widely Used Payment Processor

Reviewed on 2019-12-30

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include:

1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website.

2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account.

3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs.

4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal.

One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries.

Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.
Sam
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

PayPal is the very best way for my customers and I to take care of business transactions.

Reviewed on 2020-04-12

I love PayPal, I love the ease of service, how widely applicable PayPal services are in not just or country but in the entire world. PayPal is accepted most everywhere and more people feel comfortable when issuing me for my services through PayPal. Therefore [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has brought my business actual revenue I wouldn't have had simply for customers being at ease with PayPal.

Pros

PayPal is hands down the best provider of Point of sale services and that includes any of the free associated with using PayPal services. (Just make sure you get the business prepaid debit card)!

Cons

The fact that they have so many restrictions and safegaurds. It is a good thing to have safegaurds in place to protect not only customers and your clients, but also in orienting the laws of our land, but really PayPal? You do to much and that's got to cost you gotta money.

Francisco
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

The payment method that sells best

Reviewed on 2020-07-10

We are using Paypal since at least 10 years in many projects, and always it's a win-win combination due to his reliability, as a customer and as a buyer

Pros

We have several payment methods in our website, but PayPal is, with a great difference the preferred by our all customers. Even myself prefer this in my personal bougths. It gives a great security perception to the final customer because there is no need to give your credit card data.
Recently it has launched a new prestashop checkout module which integrates even a lot of new possibilities to local providers, this, helps a lot again the security perception to the customer
Also the security policies to the buyer, also give them an additional security layer with free returns, claims center...

Cons

The only one cons I can find to PayPal is his fees. It's more expensive to any other payment method. They're the best and get this advantage is his own profit

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Their easy integration with wordpress, prestashop, well documented API..., the overall recognition between the customers, the possibility to use its own accounts method or alternative payment methods if any customer doesn't have an account...
Maciej

• Customer Support Software

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.
Sébastien
Sébastien
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Paypal Is a Robust Solution to Managing Your Money Online and Almost Everywhere

Reviewed on 2019-03-02

My current PayPal account is active since 2008 and so I can confidently say that I know I have been able to rely on this service many times over the years. Their customer service kindly helped me once to set back my account to "Personal" after I had been playing with the settings and wanted to know more about their "Business" upgrade. Many times, PayPal has been my best bet in getting paid for remote freelancing gigs, knowing this is a reputable platform and having the ability to confirm the sender's identity. Because one can move money around and connect different accounts to PayPal, this flexibility has been useful a few times when buying online with insufficient funds in the PayPal account. Since it can withdraw automatically from your credit cards if you check that option, this provides a seamless integration with the rest of your digital life that's, again, secure and very useful.

Pros

PayPal opens the doors to securely managing money online quickly and easily. In many ways, this is a solution that's "set it and forget it" and it works great. For instance, adding a bank account or a credit card is a one-time process and once this is done, receiving and sending money is a breeze. One can even receive money without having first created an account. PayPal, being so omnipresent, is a wonderfully secure option to shop online on any well-known website and to receive money from family, friends or employers. Sharing a link to get paid a specific amount in any desired currency is a simple as using PayPal.Me, a nice additional feature available in the dashboard. This is a software that works equally well for personal and business use and one can upgrade their account without trouble. PayPal makes it easy to manage your money on their website by either using your available balance when buying online and also has options to transfer money from or to your bank accounts, which is a perfect bridge to the digital world. There even exists the possibility to fall back to paying with a credit card online when the PayPal balance is too low without needing to reveal the details of the credit card to the merchant.

Cons

I love this service, but I did have problems getting to validate mobile phones in foreign countries by not receiving SMS. For this reason, I had to skip the addition of my mobile phone to the account, meaning I cannot use it to recover access to my account if the need arises. I would also add that this is not an ideal service to be transferring money to your bank account on a regular basis as the fees do add up and for some reasons, this is sometimes flagged as a fraudulent behavior when the money is being transferred from one PayPal account to another before making the deposit to the bank account. In my experience, one gets much more benefits in limiting its use to online transactions.

Cullen
Cullen
  • Industry: Information Services

PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience

Reviewed on 2019-05-09

PayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.

Pros

PayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing.
I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.

Orlando
Orlando
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

A safe and simple platform for online shopping

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

PayPal was the first electronic payment platform I used, it was very easy for me to start using it. Thanks to this valuable platform, I can shop online, pay for services and also receive money when selling an administrative product or service. It is very safe and reliable, I use PayPal a lot because it is accepted in almost all internet pages.

Pros

PayPal has many positive things, I can receive and send money from anywhere in the world. With PayPal I can buy on EBay safely and instantly. There are also many websites that accept PayPal as a form of payment. In addition, I can send money to my family and friends. It is very easy to open an account and send and receive money, you only need the email of the other person and that's it, the money arrives instantly. Even if you have an associated PayPal bank account, you can withdraw the money to that account. Something I like is that I can create an invoice, customize it and send it to a customer. I can associate my debit or credit card with the account and that way I can make payments online without revealing the card details. The technical support is good, they try to help you when you have a problem, although I think they should improve a bit.

Cons

The bad thing about PayPal is that it is very delicate and for any suspicious reason they can limit the account, that is, you cannot send money to another person. That sometimes happens when you enter the account with another IP or in another country. If that happens you have to contact support and many times it takes too long to solve the problem. I would also like PayPal to have a chat system, that way you can solve problems that arise quickly.

Shelly
Shelly
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

A way to receive any kind of foreign currency.

Reviewed on 2020-01-24

Although we have had some bad times with the payment platform in how difficult it is to get the money back, as well as the big money leaks from the commissions I must say that it only represents a part of all the benefits we have achieved using paypal as our online bank, it has allowed us to expand our business exponentially, helping to receive foreign currencies of different types and get better labor allowing us to pay you quickly and securely, helps us to have better control in the payment of our bills as well as in the control of payments from our customers, making it much easier and faster at the time of a transaction, something almost immediately.

Pros

It has allowed me to receive money from anywhere in the world, it is a great utility that has saved several businesses by not having the same type of currency at the time, this facilitates transactions and removes many limitations, as well as has given us an excellent security, avoiding fraud or scams, because once we had that problem by not receiving the product we expected and the supplier did not want to return the money, then we proceeded to a system dispute where we won with excellent success presenting all the documentation, in addition the transactions are almost instantaneous and has allowed us to establish a billing system by which suppliers or customers can make their payments quickly and successfully.

Cons

We have noticed that there are big losses of money through paypal transactions, in addition to an internal commission, there is also one for the amount you send, making the service and use of paypal is not the cheapest for small businesses, as well as having to convince with these high rates to all new users, customers and suppliers that we invite to use this payment platform. The dispute systems although they are very secure we have had to wait several hours, days and months for them to review all the proper documentation and then have to wait for the refund of our money in case of scams or fraud, making it somewhat impatient to use it.

• Industry: Design

Pay Pal for Graphic Designer

Reviewed on 2020-03-19

When we take overall this app is very useful to me.This application is one of my day to day using apapplication .I highly recommend this application to any one who looking to do a safer secure easiest money transaction.

Pros

Pay pal is very useful financial software to me.As a Graphic designer I have to work with many ccustomers through the internet .There for I need some online method to do my money transactions.Pay pal is the best and fastest easiest way to do it.An also many of my customers have been connected with pay pal and it very easy to do money transactions with them .No need to introduce a new application for them becouse this software is very fameous and they now how to work with it very well.It is very hhelpful to me because I have not to bring lot of cash with me to purchase some thing.Just only log in to my paypal application on my mobile and do the transactions.In Sri Lanka Pay Pal is the most popular transaction method when we going to buy something in Ebay. Because It very safer and secure method to do online website transactions.The Pay pal mobile application is very use full.Becouse it make my transactions very easier.And also I can lock or login to this Pay Pal mobile app through my mobile finger print reader there for I makes very easier and secure to do my transactions .I highly recommend this to every one in 20th century.

Cons

This software has some draw backs.I have some trouble with managing and conforming my credit and debit cards.And also some countries have not given access to the pay pal transactions there for when I meet a coustomers from those countries I have to find a different method to do my transactions.And also some online shopping website like Ali express do not approve the pay pal transactions. There for I need to find secure method to do my payments.My country also have some restrictions with pay pal there for some times I could not able to bring my money to my hand from the software .There for I need to find different method to bring my money to my hand.

Sarah

Linked and Loaded

Reviewed on 2020-09-07

My overall experience with PayPal, for the last decade, is that they're a solid 8.5 company with a great cash card that's easy as pie for relatives and friends to load for you in a bind, lots of controlling your own spending features, and an easy safe way to checkout on 3rd party sites without further compromising your banking information. Their customer service personnel are helpful, polite, and patient...as long as you have the time to wait for the assistance. It's kept me loyal for almost 12 years, and there's not another rival on the market even close to handling purchases easily or securely, they just aren't the best as a stand alone banking source or to handle your linked accounts money. if you can maintain a PayPal balance that's really all you need to do to alleviate the frustration from the banking end

Pros

PayPal offers some of the most reliable ways to pay for online purchases third party, when I see the little PayPal symbol on any app or website that I'm trying to purchase a product off of, I almost always gravitate towards it because PayPal safely recalls all my banking or credit card details and saves me time digging out a card or tracking down my wallet spur of the moment. PayPal also has excellent protection policies in place for peer to peer transactions, ensuring I have somebody on my side if my peer to peer sale goes pitifully to poor. PayPal emails me receipts for each purchase, let's me toggle my card on and off at will, and if with my PayPal cash cars in hand, I can literally receive INSTANT funds sent from any family or friend with PayPal, including my sister in Germany. If only it money transfer from my linked bank account to my PayPal account were easier or faster, but this is their biggest downfall.

Cons

PayPal toots their "security" horn perhaps louder than any other feature, but with good reason--as in the decade I've been a loyal PayPal customer, I've only had one breach of privacy or security. This particular breach was a result of my own personal life and nothing at all to fault PayPal for, and they linked me up with their 3rd party online check cashing company immediately to help me resolve the issue. PayPal has a decent A.I. HelpBot and customer service is always 24 to 48 hours behind the Bot with customized solutions and help . Their system automatically notifies me via email when I have a message from customer service, too, which is especially helpful considering their app's chat feature is not especially designed for being used from smartphone. The chat portal, even via desktop, is rather cramped and clunky and if you navigate away from it in any way (like oh I don't know in case your phone rings) you lose your connection to the window. However, the alternative to using the online help center is to call in to their telephone support line and while the system allows you to put in your number to save your place in line for PayPal to call you back so you don't have to wait on hold, a very thoughtful allowance, there are definitely times where my wait for a call back has been over four hours, and if you miss the call for any reason, you are screwed and you have to start over at Square One...which couldn't be more frustrating.

Michael
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Simple payment provider, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

In general, we are nevertheless satisfied with PayPal. The service offers numerous payment methods (depending on the country) such as PayPal, credit card, bank transfer/Klarna, etc. The fees are higher than with other providers, but the service (especially the PayPal Express Checkout button) is simple and easy to set up - even for the inexperienced users with a little training.

Pros

Signing up for PayPal Business is very easy, you have to provide some information about the business (owner, address, ownership shares, etc.) and you are ready to go. PayPal Business can be connected to existing shop solutions, or you can create a "PayPal Checkout" button yourself. We only wanted to sell one product, so we chose Paypal because of the Express Checkout button. With simple clicks you can specify design, price, VAT, etc. and receive a code snippet which you can easily integrate into an existing website.
The PayPal dashboard shows all the information about orders, allows you to add tracking information, etc. Transferring the amount to your own bank account is also very easy.
PayPal is offering a community support centre where you can find answers to almost any question you might have when trying to get started with PayPal Business.

Cons

As simple and popular as PayPal is, some things were incomprehensible to us:
- Getting started: even though PayPal offers extensive documentation for developers, it is hard to find your way around as a beginner at first. PayPal could be interesting especially for people who don't want to invest in a real shop and want to add a payment option for e.g. 2-3 products on their website with a few simple steps. Nevertheless, we have struggled with some problems (see below).
- Sandbox mode: this is a test environment which allows to test payments etc. How to exit the sandbox mode when creating the "code" was not properly described anywhere. In the sandbox mode, we were also unable to test whether buyers receive confirmation emails on the payments (this is also not described anywhere else) and what these look like.
- Blocked balance and tracking: PayPal blocks the paid money at the beginning, because PayPal wants to make sure that we are serious sellers. This is also ok. By providing the tracking information, the money is released within 1-2 days. We shipped via DHL, but DHL is not supported by PayPal as a parcel service, so we had to specify "Other" -> "DHL" (entered manually). However, the buyer received an email with the tracking number which was sent by "Other", which caused confusion among consumers.
- Support: the support usually answered our mails only after 1 week and without mail with added value. The mails were standard answers.

Tyler
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating

Reviewed on 2021-02-08

Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros

I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly.

Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the link to the invoice, or send to their email. Having these options are so vital, because each client may have different preferences.

Transferring money to friends and family is 100% free of charge, and very easy to use (especially on the mobile app). So many marketplaces and online shops nowadays have PayPal integrated which is great, as it can speed up the checkout process, while providing an extra layer of protection from your card or other payment methods being compromised you wouldn't have otherwise.

Cons

Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use.

The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized.

No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes.

No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator / calculator. I'd love to see how much PayPal will take from the total transaction of a business invoice. I always find myself using a third party tool to calculate the fees, which takes time away from getting invoices out quick.

The money in / money out side panel on the dashboard. I feel it can be combined into one, and don't care much for the "At a glance" displaying recent invoices section as I normally go to the manage invoice page to see everything I need.

No "Send Money" button below balance. Would love to see an additional button right below the PayPal balance box on the dashboard, and have it labeled as "Send Money"

Safiya
  • Industry: Entertainment

Convenient

Reviewed on 2022-11-13

I have used PayPal as a consumer and as a business owner. Using PayPal to receive payments for online classes and goods sold online has been convenient but I'm not happy with the associated fees or customer service.Using PayPal as a consumer is also convenient but since it's so difficult to set up I wouldn't recommend it unless you've already created a PayPal account. It's much faster to use an existing debit card or purchase prepaid cards.

Pros

PayPal is popular among consumers and accepted by major online merchants/businesses. It's convenient to use as a smaller size business. PayPal is secure and works hard to prevent fraud.It's also a safer way to send/receive payments to/from an individual since it is a documented transaction.

Cons

Customer service has to be better. They are in charge of funds and accounts, it should be very easy to get help. Customer service has really hurt my experience with PayPal.Fees and policies should be made very clear. Depositing cash can be costly. Receiving payments can be also.PayPal can freeze accounts and withhold funds.I want it to be more user friendly.Setting up PayPal was more difficult than any account I've had.

Square Payments and Stripe

Not as popular as PayPal

Payoneer
Sumith
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Scammed from Paypal - No Investigation happening. Always says in Seller support

Reviewed on 2023-11-25

I Bought a Smartphone from SUNSKY a Chinese Online Provider world wide. I Ordered only because being ordering from india in china i dont want to take a risk so through Paypal which i saw plenty of reviews that might support if any issue arise. So I ordered Unihertz Tank 2 Smartphone from SUNSKY but i received Unihertz Tank 1 Which was Less in Price & a year Back Modal. I received Through DHL( Even i Had a Issue with them who took 77.8 % (Value of the phone) of Custom Duty from me after providing plenty of Proofs. I paid huge amount for Customs & 367 USD for the smartphone. When i opened it then only i come to know its a diffrent product which i oredered for. I Contacted SUNSKY sales manager who appoligied and said they dont have the smartphone what i oredred & Will provide Refund of the balance Money after deducting the price of the arrived modal. Then i told them i dont want this i ordered only that & i need that.
So I raised a dispute with Paypal believing that i get the refund. They said Return the smartphone & I Will get the refund. I raised the Concern on September & Send back the Smartphone phone even for that i paid a high Money as you all know from Fedex. They Recived the Smartphone sho the sales manager of SUNSKY Confromed. But The dispute what i raised with Paypal without Investigating again send msg to send back the product. Even though i have provide all the proofs from Courier Slip to Delieverd Screenshot from Courier Site. STill Paypal Closed the dispute stating as the send smartphone is new no parts been damaged so been given in faviur of seller. I Was Shocked that even after providing all the proofs paypal easyly sayd its been for seller Favour. I Spoke with Sales manager she told if i havent raised dispute they might have given me the refund. Again i raised dispute & after 2 weeks again its been seller favour. I Dont have any Customer care no(has but goes compuresied voice) & Mail ID(again has mail ID but it autoreply). Again i tired contact the seller & Requested them to Refund as i told all the loos & what Paypal been giving reply. Later They convinced & Given the refund. Even now in paypal its seller favour.

No Support been got for me from Paypal even i provide all proofs. They say they Investigate but it wasent happed. Its Just a Msg what they gave me. So i Strongly Dont recommed PAYPAL from Any individual who orders from Out of Country once in a year.

So Just Believe the site rather Believing Payapl. Ts was the worst from a leading customer support Concern which i experienced through out. After this i will delete my paypal account & I also recommend not to use Payapal for someone who does ordering occassionally. After this its upto you guys to believe. If i had any options to Attch i might have attached all the communication from my Paypal account what they have said.

Pros

Easy Payment - Can be used for any online payment through out the world

Cons

No Customer Support for any Individula Transactions. Not Even Investigating the Dispute rather Providing Support to Seller (Might Be Providing some business oppurtunities to PayPal being a International Online service provider)

Will Not all Recommend for any individual Person who orders for Personal use like Smartphone ( Like what i did & Dissatified with the experience)