PayPal

4.7 (21,729)
Comprehensive solution to serve your business needs.

(21,729)
4.3/5

Mark Anthony

The Best Digital Wallet

Reviewed on 2022-08-07

From linking my bank account to withdrawal, Paypal has been so efficient, easy to use, and straightforward. With the help of digital wallet banking, sending and receiving money locally or internationally has been so easy. With a single click, your money is on the go. Overall Paypal is for everyone.

Pros

It is a user-friendly platform where in you can send and receive digital money from all over the globe. There are lots of websites that accept PayPal as a way of payment method and that makes it easier to make online purchases anywhere. Paypal can also be used on mobile phones which means you can access your account wherever and whenever you want it. Invoicing is very simple and easy to make when you are requesting payment.

Cons

So far, the benefit of having a Paypal account is a big help for me. We all need Paypal for our online money transactions. It is a perfect platform for me.

Rebecca

PayPal pros and ratings

Reviewed on 2022-07-21

The benefits of PayPal is the security it has is excellent. There customer service is superior. They have helped me with personal and business accounts.for business accounts there's a lot more features offered that are very reliable.

Pros

Very easy platform to understand. Good for small business employer's and employees. This is very convenient and secure.

Cons

Really can't say there has been any cons about this product other then wish the debit cards had better design aspects to choose from.

Square Payments and Payroll Mate

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I choose this product because the features that business accounts offered from PayPal had way more to offer and better security options
Karel

My Experience with using PayPal

Reviewed on 2022-06-17

I like PayPal and would recommend it to consumers and businesses

Pros

Quick and easy way of making online payments.
Available on mobile phones
Protection against fraud

Cons

High transaction fees
Not accepted by every seller, such as on Amazon.

Mary Jesamae
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Review for PayPal

Reviewed on 2022-07-16

Pros

Easy to add payment cards and use for payments. I also feel it is secure since I have not experience any unknown transactions unlike the conventional credit card.

Cons

Can't use 2 gift cards/visa prepaid cards in one transaction.

Ed

• Customer Support Software

Business saving billing and invoicing platform

Reviewed on 2022-06-20

Pros

I love Paypal for it's ease of use and simple setup

Cons

3% transaction fee on credit card payments and additional fees can get expensive

Stripe and Stripe Billing

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Ease of use and simple to connect to my bank accounts
Priyansh
  • Industry: Animation

• Customer Support Software

The first choice for receiving International payments

Reviewed on 2022-07-12

Our ecommerce platform still uses PayPal and approximately 60% users prefer to checkout with PayPal. We are glad to use it and it definitely opens up new avenues for sales internationally.

Pros

About 12 years ago, we set up our own small ecommerce website and implemented PayPal, and it is still with us.
- Hundreds of integrations available that can be implemented at the click of a button.
- Invoicing is extremely simple and quirky to use.
- All you need is an email to receive payments.
- Seller protection for both goods and services.
- Tax documents and FIRA available at a click.
- New API is extremely versatile and works well with our ecommerce platform.
- Never had a failed payment or disputes.
- Next day settlement of all payments.
- Branded checkout page.

Cons

- The biggest gripe I have with this service is the excess fees charged at each step. There is a fixed fee, then a percentage fee, and then there is a currency conversion fee. All this can rack up to 10% for international transactions.
- There is some legacy interface in the settings that is hard to navigate and some settings are confusing and repetitive.
- Customer service is slow to respond.
- There is often lag in the interface and have to deal with a loading sign repetitively.

Braintree

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

No availability in India.
Patrik

PayPal review

Reviewed on 2022-06-20

I have been using the Paypal service for a very long time. I can say that it has been more than 15 years. My experience with paypal has always been positive and I definitely plan to continue using paypal. I also implemented a paypal service for my client for her e-shop.

Pros

No fees when sending between friends and family
Quick deposit to the account
Possibility of connection with a payment card
Money in the recipient's account automatically

Cons

Customer service sometimes responds late.

Niharika
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Paypal is a must for financial handling and virtual security in these terrible times!

Reviewed on 2022-07-23

Pros

There is the matter of secure transaction; one is able to use Paypal with great ease and with an extra blanket of security and fraud prevention as well as the encryption of bank and credit card account information. A variety of payment methods that are comfortable to utilize as well as great confidence and ease with strength and security in shipping, marketing, recordkeeping and calculation of taxes. It also offers immediate deposits, swift sending, spending, and exchanges; integral cash flow and swift access to funds is highly essential. Paypal integrates seamlessly with most businesses, whilst being friendly for various devices and platforms, and its fees are much less than the alternatives. It has strong invoicing and multichannel sales features as well. There are no fees for sending money to friends and family, as well as providing the most manageable method of purchase without worrying about one's wallet; one may instead be able to pay by the password!

Cons

If one doesn't protect their password, account and sensitive information regarding to the virtual data, one can easily be hacked and compromised here on Paypal. However, that's mayhap a given if one requires such ease of use. A more common concern, nonetheless, is the lack of sufficient care and attention provided by the customer service; enthusiastic support for such grave situations and cases as well as swifter response in resolving disputes, where one may potentially experience frozen or delayed funds, would also be much appreciated. The seller protection policy does not cover digital goods either and there's also confusing transaction fees, widely varied and with rate differing per manner of use, as well as considerable chargeback fees...which is quite unfair seeing as if an item is lost or delayed, it is not the customer's fault and yet in order to regain some of their loss, as shipping and transaction is not regained, they are made to provide a penalty fee that does not differ as per the situation and amount in question. There is also no offline payment processing, and it would be a great improvement were that possible. Of course, there is also the recent addition of inactivity fees, although that may be easily avoided with a little care and logging in every few months or at least every year!

Best way get payments

Reviewed on 2022-06-01

Trust is the best feature PayPal offers to my customers. because they don't have to send their credit cards to my client's website so it's way easier for me to collect payments. I think we needed that on ecommerce websites.

Pros

What I like about PayPal the most is the fact that people don't have to put their credit cards in my client's website like Stripe. Customers are more comfortable to login to their PayPal account and pay by credit card through PayPal. I think this is the most important benefit of PayPal. It's user friendly and very easy to understand the platform. Some customers email my clients and ask their PayPal email to send payment manually, which is also a great option. By the way, refunds through PayPal are instant so you don't have to wait days to get your money back to your credit card. That's why I love PayPal a lot.

Cons

The pre-authorized or autopayment is the worst! every time I buy things by PayPal, I'm afraid an automatic charge for the next month. I have google to find out how to disable that automatic charge. I believe the Canada app is different than US app because, again, my friend always call me to ask how to disable some auto charges from his PayPal app and it's different than mine.

Sal
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

The original and the essential.

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice.

PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.
Claude

• Customer Support Software

Who doesn't know Paypal as the best and most secured online bank and payment processing system?

Reviewed on 2021-10-10

To sum it all, paypal is the best online bank system because of its very strong security. It is almost impossible for scammers to steal your money if you use paypal as means of payment

Pros

Everyone knows paypal as the most secured online banking system or escrow system. They give scammers a nightmare. Scammers cannot steal your money if you use paypal as a payment processor. I also love the aspect that they support business to grow by giving them business credits or business loans. The user interface is also straight forward and easy to use. It is also a very fast, reliable and secure way of sending money to anybody in the world. They also have a good customer service, who are very nice to customers. They are constantly bringing in new features into the platform like cryptocurrency trading. I also love the face that you can buy an item and pay in 4 different installments. The list goes on ...

Cons

Overall, I do not have any issues with paypal. Sometimes, they are to strict to a point where they may limit or suspend your account after you initiate a huge transaction. This is something good, but they take almost a week to restore your account. A week is a long time and it may affect a business

Rodrigue

Paypal Review

Reviewed on 2021-10-01

In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast
A well-known and reliable payment gateway
Ultra fast payment (5 seconds)
Instant account-to-account money transfer
PayPal commission negotiation possible
PayPal presence in more than 200 countries
Money available immediately
Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe and the like, which block you funds for at least a week; PayPal you have the money directly available, you can directly spend them, pay them into your account within one minute of receiving the funds
Once your account is open, you no longer have to re-register your bank details and can make your purchases from your sofas
The confidentiality of your banking data minimizes the risk of fraud during remote shopping.
If you do not receive your order paid with Paypal, you can, under certain conditions, be refunded
Your payments in euros in the European Economic Area * are commission-free.
There is a customer service that you can contact by email or phone.
Another big plus of PayPal is that everyone knows. in the end it's quite simple: if you offer PayPal on your order page or on your e-commerce store, people immediately know what it is, often they already have an account PayPal. And so, it easily allows them to be able to pay you if they don't have their credit card available.
Finally as an advantage, is that as a customer - and I admit, it is very convenient and I use very regular..

Cons

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins.
The customer service
Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold, please wait” for 5-10-15 minutes. And then you wait 10-15 minutes, I've been waiting 25 minutes already, I still have no one on the phone. " So the customer service which is really very bad, big areas for improvement for PayPal. Plus, as soon as you have problems, it is still quite painful to have the right person concerned in the right department, to specifically have the need for the person who will help with the specific problem.
If your password is stolen, anyone can make purchases without your knowledge. It is therefore essential to choose a complicated and non-intuitive password.
A lot of adminitrative and paperwork
So another problem with PayPal is usually the paperwork: there are a lot of verification requests.
Geographical limitation
Paypal now bans its use in some countries around the world, including Africa and the Middle East.

• Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Reviewed on 2021-09-30

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Square Payments and Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.
Ayman

The best Online Payment Platform in the world

Reviewed on 2021-09-25

PayPal helped me to carry out business and also buy services from different regions of the world, as the speed of the response of the site makes it difficult to be a victim of fraud, as there is no room for any of the customers to say that I sent the amount and similar arguments, as if he actually sent it, the site It will make you receive it immediately, which will make you feel that there is an assistant for you who guarantees your rights.

Pros

PayPal is one of the best electronic payment sites ever in the world, as the site has a network of relationships with all financial institutions around the world and enables the user, especially the owners of small enterprises, to receive and send money for a nominal fee while providing the utmost security and protection and ensuring the speed of execution of orders.
Also, one of the most distinguishing features of the site is the rapid response to all comments and complaints, and the site also provides a center for resolving disputes.
Also, when using it, you will ensure that there is no fraud or money laundering, which enables you to withdraw your money safely and without fear of being detained.

Cons

In fact, I have used PayPal for a long time and I don't think there are any drawbacks, as it depends on the user himself, if all his transactions are legal, all his transactions will be fast and he will not face any problem, and if there are any illegal matters he will expose himself to problems using the application.

Eduardo
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

I used to complain about Paypal's high fees until I was the target of fraudsters with Stripe

Reviewed on 2021-09-22

Excellent. It's a breeze for sellers to install/setup and configure.

Pros

Easy to use. A lot of people know it. A lot of people use it. It is everywhere and it is trusted.

Cons

The fees could be a little lower, but it is NOTHING compared to what you risk and lose with cargeback claims with other payment providers.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I was the target of fraud. Stripe let a TON of fraudulent payments through and we dispatched them thinking they were legitimate orders. Stripe did nothing to help resolve the issue when we contacted them: it was automated messages after automated message. We lost all the money, the product and we still got charged by stripe a fee for every chargeback. STAY AWAY FROM STRIPE.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal has a seller protection program where it protects the seller from fraudulent orders.
Md Mahbub

• Customer Support Software

When it comes to choosing the best payment system, Paypal is the most perfect solution!

Reviewed on 2021-09-15

PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems around the world. It allows users to transfer funds electronically and also provides the ability to make payments without divulging financial information since it can process payments via credit card or bank account without any direct link between the consumer's bank account and the merchant's PayPal account. In addition, PayPal offers a buyer protection guarantee for unauthorized purchases made with a user's credit card on its network.

Pros

As i work with digital marketing and serve globally so it's mandatory for me to find the best solution. Paypal did the job for me. I can take payments anytime securely, from any country of the world (although Paypal doesn't support in few countries yet). Besides i can buy digital goods easily with the help of paypal. Its supported to all the global platforms which is great. In the same country, transferring money has no fee! Gift card system is also useful sometimes. In a word, i'm in love with Paypal.

Cons

Paypal usually gives the most priority to the senders. Sometime clients ask for dispute illegally, Paypal can't guarantee your money. I saw few buddies, their account has been limited by Paypal for the illegal dispute requests by their clients. Paypal should come up with the solution and serve properly to the both parties.

Josh
  • Industry: Design

Great online payments system with many features

Reviewed on 2021-09-14

My experience has been great and I use Paypal all the time for many online purchases and have places that send me payments right to my paypal account.

Pros

There are very few places that do not take paypal. You can easily add multiple ways to pay. It also easily integrates with many things like woocommerce, zapier and wordpress to take payments if you would like. It is easy to get money from friends or people who owe you for business.

Cons

There is really only one annoyance that I have with paypal. If I have a say $10 visa or mastercard gift card and say I want to buy something for $15 most places online don't take 2 forms of payment for the same item so I need some way to put the gift card into my paypal account, but they don't allow you to easily send money from a credit card or prepaid gift cards. So the work around is to make an invoice and send it to another email and then pay with the gift card. There are 2 things with this the first is then that you must pay a fee which I understand and would be fine paying the fee. The other is that the whole process is a pain in the butt. They should just allow prepaid gift card amounts to be added to your balance and then just charge you the fee. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

It's not necessarily that I have chosen Paypal over Wave. I use Wave more for my business and accounting stuff and making pretty invoices. I use Paypal way more often for my personal stuff and many online purchases and to get payments from survey sites and a few other things. So I think Paypal has its great purposes and if I start an ecommerce website which I probably will I will likely use Paypal for taking payments with Woocommerce.
Satya
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best Transaction tool in the Market.

Reviewed on 2021-09-10

Overall it is the best tool to use for any transaction. To make any payment to any business or to any third-party vendor also it is best software for that. Also it provides several gateway to collect transaction, setup recurring transactions as well as collecting checks also.

Pros

The Best part is we can add payee using their email address. No Account number or Routing number is needed. We can make the payment through the card also and add the card to the account seamlessly. It also provides auto currency converter so need of thinking about cross country transaction. It provides best gateway for online transaction for any B2B business.

Cons

Sometime Fraudulent activity can occur through the same since users can create some fake account using some fake email id and use that to receive payment which can't be tracked. Also It doesn't have the facility to validate the payment through email or mobile phone after making the payment.

Amazon Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The Best part for pyapal is it is platform independent as well as globally accepted form of payment. Also it provides crypto currency payment which is the best part. We can trust on the software as it is PCI compliance. Also it has best customer support.
Nathan
  • Industry: Market Research Software

• Customer Support Software

Paypal ruined my Birthday last year and couldn't even explain to me what was going for a month.

Reviewed on 2021-08-29

I like them until all that happened during my birthdate and now I will never use it again other than to accept a long-distance payment from someone that only has PayPal as an option.

Pros

I never had a problem with PayPal before my last birthday. I have always had the cash that someone paid me thru Paypal Immediately. I like that the cost to cash out your finds is moderately cheap fee's. So that is why I decided to deposit money into my account on my 38 birthday to be able to buy a computer online. I like that when doing cash reload that it only takes 15 mins to load.

Cons

So Loaded cash onto my PayPal cash card at 7eleven on the 6th of February so I could pay someone some money I owed them. it worked perfectly like all other times that I have done it. But then on my birthday on the 10th of February, I went to Walmart to load to cash loads one for $400 and another one right after that for $500 as I wanted to order a new laptop online that night for my birthday present to myself. Well the lady at Walmart was new and she didn't know that PayPal only allows you to load $500 a day or else they could flag your money for possible money laundering. Well, let's just say that I wasn't aware of this either. So I made both cash loads and made sure to keep my receipts because it was almost $1000 in cash and the only money I had for the next few weeks. Well, let just say that they never loaded it onto my card. So I called customer care and therein started to month-long confusion and the worst absolute run around that I have ever experienced from a companies customer care dept.. It took a month and a half for them to release my money to me. It ruined my birthday and left me broke with no answers for way too long. Don't ever make the same mistake I did.

Damla
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

Paypal with some shortcomings and excellences

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

As a Paypal customer, I recommend Paypal to everyone. PayPal can be recommended as it is overly useful for some people to overlook the adaptability and simplicity PayPal offers. While not ideal for everyone, it is an economical and successful device for some. Although several groups have had terrible encounters with PayPal, it is an extremely useful application for me.

Pros

PayPal, Business and Premier records offer many apparatuses for better incorporation with eBay. Along these lines, exchanging on this monster site turns out to be a lot simpler. The straightforward altering and customization options Pal offers are likewise truly keen. PayPal offers the most secure way to deal with web based shopping without concealing any information in my record when shopping on the web and giving over my financial information. I can tell that these are the most popular pnes among the advantages of Paypal.

Cons

Haggling on the site can be troublesome assuming I need to cancel a membership by means of PayPal, and on the off chance that I have a question with somebody and the installment is taken care of by PayPal, they will take up the mediation interaction, which can consume most of the day.

Sadly on the off chance that I run into an issue with an installment, Paypal needs great client support, contact telephone numbers are elusive on the site, and messages are frequently replied with computerized answers as opposed to real counsel.

The PayPal confirmation framework takes a great deal of time, which can be extremely baffling when you connect a financial balance to your PayPal account, two little stores are saved into that record and you might have to report the sums to PayPal to check your own record.

• Customer Support Software

PayPal delivers smooth payment processing to individuals and businesses

Reviewed on 2021-08-02

Overall, PayPal does make it easy for individuals and businesses to pay and get paid online. There are new ways introduced to quickly get paid, which is great. The user interface has been constantly improved, new features are rolled out in different phases with a lot of testing but there are also things that can be improved. I feel that there hasn't been enough innovation at PayPal. That combined with more strict policies and doubtful practices towards businesses in certain industries, make me feel like PayPal doesn't really care too much anymore about small players (small businesses and solo entrepreneurs). I hope that changes in the future, because once upon a time PayPal was a pioneer that helped pave the way for entrepreneurs to start doing more business online, worldwide.

Pros

I've been using PayPal for 15 years, both personally and through my business, and have been a happy customers for most of this time. The strength of PayPal is that it's very easy to send & accept payments once you got your account set up. Subscription management is easy, which was a plus for me as I sold a lot of subscription-based products and services. Overall it's a platform that is modern and solid. That's why it's trusted by so many consumers.

Cons

The platform itself is good. It's modern, secure and very solid, but in my opinion it's also missing some advanced features that new platforms have. There should be more innovation. A good example is that I think we should be able to accept multiple mobile payment solutions through PayPal as well as support for multiple cryptocurrencies. PayPal has some catching up to do if it wants to stay on top of the business. The support teams also should care more about working together with businesses, instead of sending canned responses and not being helpful.

Maciej

• Customer Support Software

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.
Ozlem
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Easy way to transfer money

Reviewed on 2021-03-20

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

ALEX

• Customer Support Software

Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment...

Reviewed on 2021-03-16

Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pros

As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear.
Finally I decided to setup and utilize paypal and I haven't looked back since. Paypal is a trusted vendor that my clients don't have an issue putting in their credit card information. The funds are sent almost instantly and I am able to link my paypal account to my business account.
It even provides the preferred shipping address and comments for clients who purchase something that includes a product to be shipped.
I highly recommend Paypal and couldn't be happier with their service.

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal was extremely well known and had the best reputation. The system was also much easier to integrate with my business account in order to receive payments. Zelle is well known by younger adults, but for business transactions I found that most of my clients preferred using Paypal as they were familiar with it and trusted that their information would be secure.
Ritchie
  • Industry: Entertainment

The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements

Reviewed on 2021-03-09

I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pros

The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Cons

One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.

Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal has more users in my pool of freelancers and a much more clear interface/ease of use for me.