mailparser.io

Extract data from e-mails. Automate your business.

4.9 /5 (32 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Mike S.
Industry: Law Practice

Best Mailparser for small businesses

Reviewed on 5/13/2019

I am a bankruptcy attorney. Once a case is filed for a client the court sends out multiple emails with all kinds of useful information about when the client's meeting with the trustee is, when their court filing fee payments are due, whether their debts have been discharged, etc. etc.

Because of the way that the court deals exclusively in pre-formatted emails, bankruptcy is extremely susceptible to automation but the first hurdle is parsing the info out of the emails into google sheets. That's what I use Mailparser.io for.

Once I have parsed the info into Google Sheets, then I am able to have zapier send out custom, preformatted automatic emails to each client (pulling the data from google sheets) telling them when their meeting is with the trustee, when their court filing fee payments are due, etc. I never have to do anything after filing the case. The rest is on autopilot.

The possibilities for automatic emails are endless once you have set up your email list in google sheets with a v-lookup so that you can match your parsed email data with an individual lead, client, etc. instead of the automatic email wanting to just send back to the email address where the form email came from.

It took me a while to figure out what I needed but I found JR Spikeston on Upwork.com and he has done the work in my google sheets to make Mailparser.io's promise of truly automated emails a reality.

Pros

1. It integrates with Zapier making a lot of things possible. 2. the integration process is extremely easy and the mail forwarding process is easy. The software walks you through the process. 3. the mail parsing itself is intuitive once you get the concept of writing parsing rules. It doesn't require scripting/coding and so any old layperson can figure out how to isolate the information they want out of email.s

Cons

The thing that was hardest for me was just learning how to create the parsing rules effectively. The interface is powerful and a joy to use once you grasp what is happening as you move down through the parsing process, but I think that mailparser.io may have stopped short of what they need to do tutorial-wise to really open the floodgates to masses of users instead of having people get excited about it and then kind of go away scratching their heads and miss out on a powerful solution that is in fact easy to use once you figure it out. It only takes an hour to figure out, but that process could be more guided and have more tutorial videos

I work on automation stuff quite a bit but I am a regular guy running my bankruptcy law firm without any IT background. I understood that I could call or chat with customer service but what I think would have helped me the most is just lots of walk through videos of various parsing scenarios. I would gladly sit and explore tutorial videos on "how to extract two names separately that are joined by an "and"" , "how to parse something that spans two lines of text" etc. etc. I have no idea what they have available now and I feel like I have caught the concept of the parsing (although I still wonder if I am missing some tips and tricks). I just think that for a lot of people like me, well done, detailed video walkthrough's of about 30 parsing situations would just help people come on board and get off and running more quickly.

Matt R.
Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use tool that provides a lot of value for lead parsing

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Extract information from multiple lead channels to push into our CRM.

Pros

Mailparser is really easy to use if you understand basic logic. It seems like any rule I thought of I could apply to parse out the info I needed. We use this for multiple lead channels and have been able to find rules that fit all of them. I highly recommend giving this a try if you find yourself needing to extract information from email.

Cons

Loading between different inboxes and pages within the inbox can take a bit. Also, there's one bug with the logic that allows you to prevent emails from hitting your inbox. If this was fixed we could eliminate a lot more junk leads.

Response from DAUSINGER DIGITAL EURL

Hi Matt, and thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our email parser software.

We've also noted your advanced filtering request to our dev team "for future consideration" in our ongoing feature upgrade sprints. Please reach out if you ever need anything.

Julien P.

Simple, powerful

Reviewed on 1/29/2019

Love the product, absolutely love their quick/efficient support team!

Pros

the ease of being able to parse through anything on the email (source, attachments etc..) & pinpoint the correct information to gather

Cons

silly thing: non persistent session / connection so I have to log in every single time

Response from SureSwift Capital

Thanks for the review Julien! Per your request we have recently added a 'remember me' option on login to retain your session :)

Robert R.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

The dawn of citizen development is here, thanks to forward thinkers like Mailparser

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

So far, our experience with mailparser is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Pros

Cloud computing is as complicated as the old server room. But the integration technologies are not. If you can write a formula in Excel, you can 'develop' business process workflows.

We bypass EDI (granted, inbounds) by using Mailparser to well, parse emails into records that can be sent into our NetSuite account.

We process a few thousand a month. Best part - I've now got a rock solid audit trail too.

Cons

Honestly, it's too easy to start using, so I didn't pick up some parser concepts the first time thru. But that's not really a con:) To date, we haven't needed to do anything that mailparser could not do. We've even pinged their support team, who are great and super responsive. (and they are good teachers!)

Joel H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Where Automation Magic Starts

Reviewed on 9/21/2018

I have used it in Zaps to automate lead data entry, solicit customer reviews, and more. I can achieve these automations much more affordably with Mailparser.io than I can with competing single purpose solutions.

Pros

It is the most capable mail parser available. When paired with a service like Zapier it facilitates all kinds of interesting automation.

Cons

While overall it is easy-to-use, it can be a bit complicated to noodle through the best logic to apply to get the final result you desire. I have found their support team to be helpful and responsive when I run into questions though.

Response from SureSwift Capital

Hi Joel!

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts on Mailparser. Great to hear that you are coupling our product with Zapier. That is a very popular path for clients.

Microsoft Flow is another integration platform that users are taking advantage of too.

Please let us know if we can be of any help.

Kendall K.

Mailparser Rocks!

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

We have many different business problems that we solve with Mailparser. Overall the company is great to work with and produces quality upgrades (ie. it doesn't break when they release new features!).

Pros

Easy to use, easy to map fields, very scalable too! Love that it integrates with connectors in our software. Allows us to keep API keys private where we need mass people to submit structured data into a database. Super great product and just as good customer service.

Cons

I can't think of anything we don't like.

Response from SureSwift Capital

Thanks a lot for your review Kendall, we're thrilled to be a cog in your business. If you eventually do think of something you don't like please let us know so we can fix it!

Brandon M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Powerful Solution - Eliminated Huge Costs

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

Love it, it allows me to transfer crucial data to multiple points all at the Zap of Zapier, smooth integration and just really happy they have great support. They sent an email asking what I thought, and I told them how impressed. Didn't expect a reply, but I did get a response thanking me for taking the time to give them feedback. It was also a quick reply too, and that was appreciated. I know they are on it for when or if I may need support in the future.

Pros

It works exactly as I need it to with absolutely no data loss over the transfer. At the same time it has helped reduce the cost of having to manually input data or change the way a few services were working. I was actually able to find this tool and save $500-$1000 a month in Virtual Assistant Charges I was looking to have to increase. It creates a secure transfer of data into our systems and is very easy to work with. Happy to pay $29.00 a month over the extra mentioned.

Cons

Nothing I can find at the moment. It is a SAAS that does exactly what you need it to do in multiple fashions, and I have not had an instance of it breaking so I just love that it works.

Rabin L.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Such effective, friendly and easy to use, I really enjoy using it!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 8/21/2018

Instead of typing manually thousand of invoices, from suppliers that don't have the option to build a simple interface with our system, I used Mailparser, this way and save work time and improve the accuracy.

Pros

Although Mailparser has lots of options which helped me to achieve exactly what I need, it was very simple and easy to work with it. The option to parse text from attachments and from the email's text, and merge them together is very useful.

Cons

Their support is great, but live chat or phone support would be excellent (instead of waiting for an email).

Response from DAUSINGER DIGITAL EURL

Thank you for your feedback Rabin! We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional product & support. Our team actively discusses chat and phone support as future options, we appreciate you sharing this perspective. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on our email parsing platform. :)

Rolando M.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Invaluable in Marketing tech stack

Reviewed on 6/9/2020

This is an invaluable product for digital marketers looking to create structured data out of emailed content. It can sit in an automation stack and help to pass data between systems. I've used this to get out a number of tight spots and make my life easier to automating data flow into reports, or triggering marketing experiences off of emails coming in from publishing platforms or back out to CRM.

Pros

Very easy to use for simple tasks, you can be up and running parsing structured data and sending to an endpoint via webhook in minutes.

Cons

It feels a little too simple at first, and it might take a little learning curve if you want to do something really complicated.

Kevin A.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing for Automated Marketing Workflows

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Pros

I like that the software does exactly what it's supposed to. It's not the flashiest interface in the world, but it has everything necessary to get the job done (automating inbound data / leads).

Cons

Pricing. I feel like the packages are too spread out in terms of value recieved, whereas if they had a few more price points they would probably have more customers.

Response from SureSwift Capital

We really appreciate your feedback, Kevin! We're planning on releasing a new pricing plan this week, and have a lot of exciting prospects mapped out for 2019. Watch this space!

Max S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent Data Parsing Tool

Reviewed on 8/17/2018

We estimate that Mail Parser saves us 10+ labor hours per week. Over the course of a year, this software pays for itself many times over. Additionally, using this data parsing solution essentially brings input accuracy to 100%. This eliminates the cost of data errors, which can be significant when dealing with data types such as email addresses and phone numbers.

Pros

We love Mail Parser because we have a significant amount of data that comes to us in the form of emails. We need to extract this data and format it in a very specific way in order to import it into our systems. Mail Parser makes this process extremely easy and very efficient.

Cons

We have no complaints or problems with the software.

Response from DAUSINGER DIGITAL EURL

We appreciate your feedback Max!

You have really highlighted a few of our core strengths (time saved, and accuracy). Please reach out if you want to discuss other areas of your business that might benefit from our email parser platform.

Claudio L.
Industry: Telecommunications

Very helpful and easy to use

Reviewed on 5/22/2019

We have been parsing daily reports of traffic sent by our softswitch and converting to timeline reports and graphics.

Pros

Very easy to setup and stable. It has been parsing mail data for us without any rewquired intervention for a couple of years

Cons

Grasp the parsing rules mechanism, but once understood it's simple.

Rene H.
Industry: Automotive

Just... AMAZING - Not sure where to start or end!

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

I need to chip in, that the customer service is OUTSTANDING - I have NEVER experienced anything like it before, never ever! The response time is epic, but the quality of every single reply is beyond anything I have ever come across - they don't just reply in depth and helpfull, often they even solve the issue directly for you... !

Pros

This software is simply just amazing, besides saving 2-3 hours on daily manual labour, we increased the service level for our customers!

Cons

I honestly have nothing to post here - EVERY single time I came up with another crazy idea, I contacted support, and they always solved the issue!

Ozzie G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great Tool

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Mailparser provided us with the entire solution, where we receive emails from different sources, some are pictures some pdf and some emails. Mailparser does a tremendous job parsing the emails correctly and send them to the right application or the database. Although some apps we use have their own version, they don;t come close to mailparser.io, so we continue using Mailparser for all our needs

Pros

- Flexibility
- Parse from Picture/PDF Emails
- Web hooks
- Individual Mailboxes
- NO Spam

Cons

So far we have not encounter any issues or anything that we can say we dont ike

Dave P.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

One-of-a-kind tool that helps lean small businesses

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Mail parser helped us automate 3 key business processes - order entry, status updates, and invoicing. Without these we probably would have needed to hire one, if not 2 people full time. In a business with only 4 employees that's a BIG deal!

Pros

It allowed automation of what used to be a manual order entry process that took 20-30 minutes per event.

Cons

Sometimes it was challenging to get exactly what I was looking to parse out of the software. Usually customer service could help, though.

Response from SureSwift Capital

Thanks for your review Dave. It was a pleasure helping you get set up to automate your data entry. We look forward to seeing what else you can do with our app!

Eli R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Loved it. Couldn't recommend more.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Ease of use. After getting to know how it worked, we could so easily manage the processes on the platform.

Cons

The very few times we detected it went down (5-8 times in two years), there was no notification to us as users and e-mails were lost forever.

Response from SureSwift Capital

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Eli! This year we implemented extensive logging of your emails so they can be tracked from end-to-end inside of our app, along with other back-end improvements that address your concerns. We will be even more consistent for you in 2019!

Slava P.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A great and affordable software to automate

Reviewed on 2/21/2020

I love it, the team was very helpful and assisting me set it up. Especially when I needed assistance with opening a pdf that has a password and in Japanese language.
It has been a great time saver for so me daily notifications etc and elevated me from manual repetitive tasks

Pros

Easy of use, functionality and value for money

Cons

I have nothing bad to say as it fits my purpose.

Christoph K.

Great and easy software

Reviewed on 1/20/2020

It's been a great tool for us with good value for money.

Pros

It's super easy to set up, and it does exactly what you want it to do. The parsing process is a great step-by-step model that gets out really all the data you want from any email.

Cons

There's really nothing we didn't like about the software.

Måns T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Super mailparsing

Reviewed on 10/16/2018

I can automate more or less anything that comes to my inbox with mailparser.io :-)
Perfect for any online business or company that is looking to automate their processes.

Pros

I love the ease and the logic in the user interface. I can parse and transform anything in the mail, including attachments, step by step, until I´m happy with the result. I actually started using the email parser in Zapier but quickly came to a stop in functionallity. With mailparser.io I can do whetever I like, and then send it back to Zapier with a webhook again. Best solution I have found.
By the way, customer support is very engaged and helpful, and showed me the way past my first problem. Thanks!

Cons

I have not found anything bad about mailparser.io

Response from SureSwift Capital

Thank you for the feedback Måns. Please let us know if we can assist on any of your email parsing needs.

Stephanie miles

Improve Your Email Workflow

Reviewed on 10/3/2013

Companies that use mailparser.io can improve email workflows and increase office-wide efficiencies by automating a process that was formerly done by hand. Mailparser.io’s flexible integration and quick setup—and lack of desktop installation—ensure that the system itself can work for any company, regardless of size.

One example of a business that could greatly benefit from using mailparser.io could be a sales office that frequently receives leads from an online web form. Rather than manually entering the email addresses captured from these forms into an Excel document or a cloud-based CRM system, mailparser.io users are able to mine the data from those incoming messages automatically. Mailparser.io can be set up to extract the name and email address from each message that comes in through a company’s web form, and then convert that information into structured data. This data can be pushed directly into an Excel spreadsheet, which salespeople can refer to when contacting potential leads.

Pros

Flexible architecture allows users to define their own unique parsing rules.

Cons

Mailparser.io may be too complicated for individuals without a technical background.

Rosemary W.

I LOVE mailparser.io

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 8/19/2019

Savings of hundreds of hours of manual data entry.

Pros

It has saved me many hours of work pulling information from the form fills our website generates. I used to create spreadsheets of leads that came in, typing in First Name, Last Name, Company, Email, and so on. Now that information is pulled instantly into a spreadsheet for me. I set up our account and use it ... everything was super easy to do. In fact, the preliminary work was done automatically with mailparser.io ... I just made some minor adjustments. I highly recommend this software!

Cons

There is nothing that I found to be negative.

Jeffrey W.
Industry: Computer Software

Hard to find another solution that does what mailparser.io can do!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

I searched for days to find an easy way to parse incoming emails with the specific logic that I was looking for. Mailparser.io was the only one that I could find that did everything that I needed. Plus, with webhook integrations to Zapier the possibilities are endless.
I was also very impressed with how quickly the mailparser team solved a problem with a type of PDF file that I was trying to parse, which they now support.
While a bit on the pricey side for me, it is the best-in-class tool for my parsing needs.

Pros

Ability to parse content from specific types of document attachments.
Can isolate the path to the attachments (documents and photos).
Easy to follow parsing logic.
Great support.
Customized inbox rules (allows user to block or permit certain emails).
Webhook integration to Zapier and others.

Cons

Functionally, none that I can think of.
Can get expensive compared to other parsing solutions, especially if you don't need support for attachments - there are others that do this for much less per month.

Ferenc A.
Industry: Printing
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent. Simple and Intuitive

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/8/2018

Capturing customer email interaction records in Google Sheets

Pros

It just seemed to work. It was easy to understand and I was able to accomplish almost anything I could imagine with relative ease.

Cons

I do think it requires some general understanding of coding, logic, or regex. You need a bit of creativity to write complex queries. But I like that since that is my background. Makes it more powerful

Response from DAUSINGER DIGITAL EURL

Thank you for the feedback Ferenc!

Please reach out if you ever need any assistance from our support team.

Gary J.
Industry: Publishing

Very versatile

Reviewed on 12/21/2018

Easy to use, cool functionality and great support

Pros

This parser is feature rich and addressed some very complex parsing needs I had with simplicity. It's connectivity to Zapier just further extends the use cases this excellent tool can deliver on.

Cons

Nothing. After spending time learning it there were no issues.

Response from SureSwift Capital

Thanks so much for your review Gary! Let us know if you ever need help setting up a new use-case at [email protected] :)

Wesley B.
Industry: Oil & Energy
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/22/2018

Pros

I was able to easily use this software to send our information to sales exec

Cons

overall it has been pretty easy i have not found a con yet

Response from SureSwift Capital

Glad to hear that things are going well for you Wesley. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you along the way.