Nutshell

CRM and email marketing that helps your business grow.

3.9/5
Customer Support Software

Jean-marie K.

Perfect solution for startups

Reviewed on 2021-01-09

Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Cons

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

Sebastian S.

• Customer Support Software

Nutshell is overall a great CRM that incorporates good features and provides great customer...

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Pros

I appreciate the constant updates. Nutshell has some ways to come, so it is nice seeing changes be made. Customer service is always on spot and very friendly. Nutshell support page is great for new employees, referring them straight to there for advice. The adaptability & usability of the interface is very user friendly.

Cons

I have been using this software since October of 2014. So far, I think what needs to be implemented on the "Admin/SetUp side" is making sure Products, Reasons why Leads Close, the Sales Process Competitors, and so much more need to be added from the start with Nutshell and the business buying the service. The reason being is because over the last two years, slowly things have been added/removed/changed. So now we have 2 years worth of jumbled data IMO. Going through a thousand leads that only a handful of them have tags on to find out why something was closed via notes or what product was sold is a little silly. I think the setup process should include this for the end user (being our company). Mind you, I was not the one to set up the account with Nutshell so I am unsure if this is something offered, but It helps a lot when running reports on products, etc.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Sebastian!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hear you on the changes over the last couple of years. I will talk to our dev team about the requests you mention below on the Company.

We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community.

Robert H.

• Customer Support Software

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

Pros

UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

Cons

1. Can't duplicate leads (we have customers that renew annually - I have to create new leads with all of the information each time)
2. Can't type an actual date in (must pick it) - every time I create a new lead for an annual subscription in the future, I have to click 12 times to get to the right month. Doing this for 20-30 leads makes my hand want to fall off
3. Hard to add future subscription leads - if we sell a monthly subscription for our product, we have to manually create 12 leads each year. Very time-consuming.
4. Editing contacts should be possible in-line. You can add emails/phone, but changing title and other items require you to leave the lead and go to the full contact form.
5. I preferred the older 'create lead' form which was the full page. The new one is less productive because you have to fill it out, then go the full page version and finish all of the items that were missing in the pop-up version.
6. Pro version cost. We don't need anything from Pro except the funnel report for only one user. To get that it would require all users going pro and increasing our cost by 4x which isn't possible.

Response from Nutshell

Thanks for the feedback Robert. We've had a few customers, like you, ask about the possibility of splitting users between the Standard and Pro versions. It's something we are seriously looking into and will be asking more of our customers if this is important to them.

Frank

Trevor D.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

The best CRM I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2017-06-26

It allows me to easily keep track of everything. What sales I am working on. What customers I need to contact. And everything is conveniently located to work with ease.

In the two months of implimentation already seen a growth in sales and productivity. Including our first ever RFQ from our website.

Pros

Ease of use, backed up by powerful tools. Tracks your calls and even can be set to remind you to contact customers that you haven't talked to in a while. Favorite part is the Keep in touch. It plans my day and my call backs flawlessly.

Cons

I would like to see a visual overlay of all my customers on a map. That way when I am planning a trip I don't miss any customers that are off the main roads. Will give me a visual to help plan. Or some way to plan a road trip and Nutshell will show me all the customers I should contact on the way and plan route. Which can be transferred over to gps software like enroute.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Trevor!

Thanks for the positive feedback. The best part is the growth in sales and productivity you've seen since your implementation. Congratulations!

Brian C.

• Customer Support Software

Like the simplicity. Most improvements recently have added complexity but little benefit for...

Reviewed on 2017-05-07

Pros

Ease of use for a small business with a few people doing sales work. We didn't need all of the bells and whistles of Salesforce at the cost of complexity. As of a few years ago, you had plugged most of the holes that we cared about. Since then, new functionality or major new rewrites have either added complexity or relearning with little apparent benefit. I understand the need to do some of this but I hope you don't become Salesforce.

Cons

The LinkedIn connection is really important for us. It was a big relief when that came back. Also, the loss of historical record of communication for a Contact when you delete an old email is problematic. We are forced to retain all of these old emails and this can create confusion.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Brian,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have no intention of becoming Salesforce and take your feedback very seriously. Our goal is ease of use for SMB's. We hope you will be able to quickly benefit from our changes and improvements.

Laurel C.

Helpful Software

Reviewed on 2021-01-11

Pros

It is incredibly helpful to have so many features within one program. Nutshell is helpful to almost everyone on our team! With a quick search, the team can find contact information and see where the conversation left off. I love that there is a PandaDoc extension to help send documents in an organized & prompt manner! Reports are easy to generate and there are so many resources to help answer your questions. The provided training videos are clear & give good direction. Customer service representatives are knowledgable, kind, and personable.

Cons

Duplicates are easy to create, however the software makes up for this by creating an alert and suggesting that the information may already be in the system.

Phil C.

• Customer Support Software

Easy, Flexible, Customizable and Inexpensive!

Reviewed on 2017-07-21

We previously used a locally-installed, server-based CRM (Goldmine), which was very functional but completely not portable. Migrating to Nutshell allows for easy remote access from anywhere an Internet connection can be found. And in this day in age, that's of the utmost importance. We also used to keep a bunch of Excel spreadsheets for sales tracking, pipeline management, and customer details, all of which have now been replaced by Nutshell's standard functionality.

Pros

Easy migration from old CRM via CSV import. Activity management and to do lists keep users organized and on task. Integrated lead tracking and metrics help guide sales reps through the sales process. Ability to link with Google Suite is a definite plus.

Cons

I would love to see Nutshell offer integrations to more third-party apps. For instance, we use Reply.io for e-mail campaigns and there is no direct connection to Nutshell. It's not a huge deal, but would be even better if Nutshell and Reply.io worked together.

Danny E.

• Customer Support Software

Nutshell is a fantastic CRM for new business and small to growing businesses

Reviewed on 2017-07-20

We were able to track progress with our customers far easier. It brought our entire sales team together to manage relationships and make sure we were following up on sales.

Pros

Nutshell is extremely easy to implement and has all the basic features you need to get a CRM up and running . It is awesome for anywhere from 1 - 1000 customers. Integration with email is easy. Phone app is great especially when making calls from it to customers so you can log that the call happened. Collaboration with your team is seamless.

Cons

Nutshell does lack some of the more indepth automation features that you can get in a Salesforce, but it is far more affordable and doesn't require crazy setup. Their api is decent, but also has a little way to go for advanced integration. Nutshell also isn't the best choice for thousands of customers because it is hard to manage.

Caio B.

• Customer Support Software

It is very user friendly for both parties, the final user and the manager.

Reviewed on 2017-05-07

Pros

Flexebility and Customization are one of the big pros.
The dashboard has improved a lot since one year ago.

Cons

The repports are weak, at least in the version that we use.
It seams that in the pro version there is more features, and more complete repports. I was mad when I saw for the first time that a Pro version have been lauched with features that we were dreaming to have, and that it wasnt included in our version. When we signed Nutshell we got the top version beleving that it was a great cost benefit. Having some special features in a more expensive version after that wasn't good. And at that time nobody even offered us a trial of the Pros features.

Autumn F.

• Customer Support Software

Nutshell has been a good addition to our business.

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Pros

The updated and modern look of all the icons and images was a great add on. We are also excited to take advantage of the updated reporting capabilities as well.

Cons

How leads have to be added into the system. Before an update was done, the company information (address, phone, etc) and the person information (address, phone, etc) was able to be added directly when creating the lead. Now the lead must be generated first and only the company name and person name can be added at time of creation. You have to then go back and add all other information for the company and person after. VERY tedious and frustrating this process was changed.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Autumn!

Thank so very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your suggestions below- and I will work with our development team to try to alleviate some of your frustration over the next couple of weeks.

Jacqueline M.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Straightforward, no-nonsense way for us to organize our data

Reviewed on 2018-08-01

It made filling out the review quite easy

Pros

Great support, uncluttered, has features we need. This is the first CRM I have every used, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I was pretty comfortable with starting to use it. It is fairly intuitive even for someone that is not accustomed to CRM software. They have good tutorials and training information.

Cons

Every time I get it all figured out, they make updates and I have to keep figuring it out again and sometimes it takes awhile before i understand how it all works. ON the computer, I don't have as many problems with adjusting to the changes, but it is harder when using on the phone.

Eric O.

• Customer Support Software

Great CRM for large to small groups of users

Reviewed on 2015-03-09

Pros

Nutshell has been a great fit for me in tracking all of my sales activities. This service is very easy to use and allows me to quickly retrieve key account or contact details to allow me to better service my prospects and customers. I appreciate the fact that it can be as simple or complex as you need it to be, meaning that every feature is not made into a field that you have to navigate even if you do not use them. All interaction with Nutshell staff has been very quick and efficient. They continue to roll out additional product features so you know that they are growing. The price for this service is very reasonable and I would certainly even pay more knowing the value that it has given my business.

Cons

Nutshell is still growing a little bit, so there are features that are still in the works for development or improvement. However, they communicate well on some of what they are working on so you know progress is being made.

John M.

• Customer Support Software

I like the simplicity of the program

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Pros

I like the timeline , but it would be great if there was a search box for the timeline. I like the simplicity of the program

Cons

You need more integration with different types of email clients not just your typical gmail. May want to look at way to start integrating with certain types of accounting softwares like quickbooks enterprise. Email campaigns.

Lastly you ios app needs work. it keeps flashing every time i'm looking for a contact, the notes sections sometimes cannot be read, its lacking some features from the desktop. I would like to see a map feature on the mobile app. I would like to for it to automatically record a call if wanted to.

Response from Nutshell

Hi John,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I am personally working on our integrations and we will have more in the not so distant future. We are aware of the mobile app and are working on it.

Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community.

Naif C.

it is good

Reviewed on 2017-05-10

Pros

easy to use and integrate contact and schedule to google.

have mobile version and show everything clear.

Cons

the character "&" and Chinese character can not be recognized by import file.
It would be good when I can charge the lead assignee to someone , then it can give me a options to choose change the related company, person along the lead together to the same assignee.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Naif,

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing the Chinese character snafu. We are currently looking into I18N.

Nikki S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Collaborative and Customizable Platform

Reviewed on 2018-09-20

The Nutshell CRM is available in three pricing options. You can also try its 14-day free trial to test out its features. Affordable ricing for beginners and pro users. Definitely will not break the bank.

Pros

Offers a large list of integrations with popular apps and business systems.Offers system’s functionality with a number of apps such as Google Apps
Google Sheets
Zapier
Slack
Gravity Forms
Pure Chat

Cons

Only offered in English as opposed to it's competitors which offer many languages such as English, Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish, French, Russian, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Swedish

Rob H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

It is constantly being improved and the customer services is fantastic.

Accountability

Pros

The importing is wonderfully smooth. I often use the filtering function to narrow down locations geographically.

Cons

The mobile application allow filtering contacts/companies by distance. I feel this feature is the best improvement that Nutshell can make.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We really appreciate your sharing your request for mobile and we want you to know that we are working on this functionality.

Mike S.

• Customer Support Software

First time user of this type of software so it has been good overall.

Reviewed on 2017-05-07

Pros

Reminders so the leads don't fade with memory and the organization for all in the company. Plus it stores all the info on one project in one place and lets me duplicate that to other projects

Cons

The program seems to be more for small quick sales of specific items not long term development of sale of services which vary in cost for every client
The phone app is not easy to use.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. You should be able to adjust the sales cycles to fit your needs. We are working to continuously improve the phone app and will have further additions soon.

Christopher S.
  • Industry: Program Development

• Customer Support Software

From a users perspective, the system is well designed and provides useful data which is easy...

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Better insight of our market and great sales processes.
Good customisation through API and integration with other products

Pros

users perspective: Great interface, users are empowered to crunch their data and produce viable results
admin perspective: very comprehensive API

Cons

from an admin perspective, there are certain items which are missing.
1. logical custom fields
2. better user permissions

Lou R.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

From a Beginners Perspective

Reviewed on 2021-01-08

While with another company, I used SalesForce exclusively. I have to say in the short time using Nutshell, I like it better. It is just easier to use. I have called to talk to support and they have been beyond wonderful. They take the time to listen and work with you to solve the issue. I tried the training videos, the live training and the live chats and although somewhat helpful, I prefer working with the support people. I have been using Nutshell for 6 weeks and hope to learn more about it's reporting capabilities.

Pros

Very easy to navigate right from the start. Easy to enter information and keep track of it. I also like the phone app feature although with this pandemic, have not been able to use it as much as I will when things open up.

Cons

So far, I do not like the duplicate feature. For instance, a duplicate shows for David Perine, the name it is asking if it's a duplicate is Brian David from a totally different company. And I can't tell you why it chose Brian David and not all of the David's in my contacts. Come on, you need to tighten up that feature up.

Ed J.

Great software to use

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Pros

Easy to use and good customer service support. I had used SalesForce for years and thought the transition to Nutshell would be hard but it certainly was not.

Cons

I only concern I have had in the year I have used it is that when something is going to change or be upgraded, i. e. my screen looks different I would like to have some advance notice. It would make my transition to "the change" easy to adapt too.

Response from Nutshell

Ed,

Thank you for your feedback. As a cloud-based service, we certainly do like to roll out updates to our customers when necessary. With frequent updates, we have noticed (and agree with you) that it's important to give our customers a heads up. We have recently improved our roll-out process to do so better.

Best,

Asya

Logan M.
  • Industry: Printing

• Customer Support Software

Needs some updates, but has come a long way.

Reviewed on 2017-06-15

Lead tracking, follow ups, and activity metric.

Pros

Ease of use in terms of tracking leads, activity, and new sales numbers. Can be a great tool for scheduling and reminders.

Cons

Sub-par mobile app, constantly struggles to load things and doesn't match desktop interface at all. Hard to communicate with our system at times. That's our issue as well though.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Logan,

Thanks for your feedback! We are constantly updating the functionality of our mobile app and will keep doing so. Appreciate you being part of the Nutshell family.

Hayden H.

• Customer Support Software

One of the easier CRM systems I've had experience with.

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Pros

Layout of system and ease to enter call logs and update information (on desktop version). Reports are self explanatory.

Cons

The iOS app has several issues that I have sent messages about. The main one is logging calls. More frequent than it should be, reps have to re-enter call details because once they click 'Done', they are reverted back to before they entered the information causing double entry. Additionally, you cannot update contacts on the app easily (both iOS and Android)

Alex W.

Very easy-to-use and inexpensive CRM

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Pros

This is a great starter CRM system that has plenty of features for a small to medium-sized sales team. The bcc integration and iphone app work great as well.

Cons

While most of the integrations are good, I wish it integrated better with Active Campaign, which is my marketing automation platform.

Ken S.

Most intuitive interface I've ever used in a CRM

Reviewed on 2017-09-26

Much more organized and intentional sales and customer relationship processes.

Pros

Visualization of lead funnel, map overlay view, great reporting, can quickly find the info I need to find.

Cons

Mobile app could use some improvements, particularly in viewing leads, timeline, and ease of finding contact info on the go.

Nick T.

• Customer Support Software

Nutshell is a fantastic CRM, does everything you want it to and nothing you don't.

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Pros

I love that from no matter where I am I can find my client lists and sales pipeline. Going back to closed leads is a snap and creating new leads is easy as can be.

Response from Nutshell

Nick,

Thank you for being a loyal Nutshell customer. We are happy to have you as part of our community.

Best,