Squarespace

4.6 (2,970)
Write a Review!
A website makes it real.

(2,970)
4.4/5

Kinsey
Kinsey

• Customer Support Software

Web Design, but make it fun.

Reviewed on 2019-12-11

I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros

As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons

There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Ali
Ali

We exclusively build on Squarespace

Reviewed on 2023-06-01

We build exclusively on Squarespace. Our clients LOVE how easy it is to learn to make quick updates themselves like text or swapping out photos.Not only is our team able to easily use the product, but our clients, too!

Pros

Squarespace has powerful integrations that support the product/site. The update to Fluid engine has made design more effective. We also started using Acuity Scheduling -- game changer for complex scheduling!

Cons

Every now and again there are a few features that require custom code.. otherwise, Squarespace is easy-to-use and a lot of flexibility without needing to know any code at all.

Wix and Square Online

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

The free version of Wordpress did not allow us enough design flexibility!

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

It ultimately came down to ease of use and design flexibility (as well as SEO). We wanted full creativity when it came to design of websites.
Stephen

Awesome platform to use!

Reviewed on 2024-05-09

Pros

They have some of the more aesthetically pleasing themes of other platforms I've used

Cons

A bit of a learning curve with knowing how to edit in the themes.

Andrea
Andrea

• Customer Support Software

SquareSpace is a let-down. It's hard to use and is missing basic features. The marketing...

Reviewed on 2019-07-23

Overall, I hated using SquareSpace and I was so disappointed because I switched away from WordPress + Divi to give SquareSpace a whirl based on SquareSpace's amazing marketing. What a let down. I will never use SquareSpace again. My client wanted both of his sites designed in SquareSpace because he was also duped by the ads. I made one site and it took forever because I was constantly googling how to do something with code to get the site how we wanted it. If you use SquareSpace be prepared to be frustrated or to hire a developer. Basic functionality is missing and you can't copy anything you've done to use elsewhere. I wanted to duplicate the first site and modify it for the second. You can't do that. I had to make both sites from scratch. Support was absolutely terrible. Zero help compared to the awesome Divi support staff that has made my designing life so great for so many years (I'm not an affiliate, just a fan). Oh! And SquareSpace is expensive! You have to pay for each and every site. With WordPress, you pay for hosting somewhere, like Siteground, and you can add as many sites to that account as you like no charge. Squarespace has pretty templates that you can't modify pretty much at all, and it's expensive with terrible support. Do not choose SquareSpace as your CMS unless you are a developer. Awful.

Pros

SquareSpace has beautiful templates. They are truly gorgeous. SquareSpace also has an easy-to-use sidebar of options that puts everything that you can do on the left side. The interface is as clean as the templates. Hosting of your site is done through Squarespace. That's it when it comes to pros. There are a ton of Cons to using SquareSpace.

Cons

As a WordPress user (who has also designed with Wix), SquareSpace falls short almost everywhere. You can't import your brand font—essential. You have to use code or a back-door solution with AdobeFonts. If you want 5 items in a row, no can do. You get 4 or 6. You can't drag the amount of padding around items and sections. You must use spacer blocks (time consuming and such a bad way to do things). There's no media storage! If you upload your photo it isn't stored anywhere for easy selection later. You must upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it—frustrating. Changes can't be made on individual copy styles. Squarespace sets up its CMS as a global system so if you want to change the way your font looks in just one place, you need to insert code (markdown block). You should be able to select it and change the size or colour. But no. It's CRAZY! So time-consuming. Missing basic word-processing functionality. Squarespace has no plugin options. You can't duplicate a page of your site and you can't duplicate your site! Everything is done from scratch! In WordPress, you download a .JSON file and upload it somewhere else and you're flying. Not with SquareSpace. You can't make your overlays look different per section. Everything applies globally. You can't add borders to images. The biggest CON? There's no undo! No revision history. If you delete something accidentally, it's gone forever. Support is terrible. Every answer is "you can't do that" or "try to find code.

Marilyn

Squarespace great place to start for non profit website

Reviewed on 2024-02-16

It has been very helpful in getting websites launched.

It has been very helpful in getting websites launched.

Pros

It was easy to setup and get a a website launched and add pages later.

Cons

It does not allow easy updating from 7.1 to 7.2

Liza
Liza

• Customer Support Software

Great for Freelance Web Designers!

Reviewed on 2022-08-06

Making bold and impactful websites is incredibly achievable through Squarespace. Squarespace in general feels uncluttered, approachable, and non-intimidating to use. I also appreciate how Squarespace includes the fundamental tools of a business. However, this may be too basic if you need a more robust system. Many integrations can help with more functionality but may come at an additional cost, may not match the branding of your website, and too many extensions can be overwhelming to keep track of.

Pros

As a designer and developer, I enjoy designing on Squarespace because of its minimalistic and simple aesthetic. The menu is easy to navigate, and the editor is intuitive. Their new fluid editor update makes it easier than ever to create unique designs.

It's fun to play and experiment with code blocks using the custom code feature. I like how CSS changes are live as you're typing. Squarespace also has a great community in its forums. The forum has many people who are always willing to help with anything.

Client handoff is especially easy. After the design is finished, the client can manage and update their website without needing web development experience.

Cons

Because of how simple and basic Squarespace is, some features can be limiting. Email Marketing might be the biggest drawback. The extra cost for email marketing is not worth it compared to other platforms that offer most of the features for free. Selling digital products also has limited options. Third-party plugins and extensions can help with extra functionality, but too many can be overwhelming.

Custom designing can be challenging because you need extra tools and willpower to target certain elements.

Jane
Jane
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Great design, great features, great support

Reviewed on 2019-12-13

I was first introduced to Squarespace when I hired someone to design the website for my business, and he showed me how to make changes myself. From there I started to play with it and ended up creating simple websites for several clients, many of whom were then able to take over their own upkeep and maintenance. And in the three years I've been working with Squarespace sites, the features and support have only improved. I also love that they're very attuned to what's trending in graphic design, so their templates never look dated.

Pros

The aesthetic. Squarespace's design templates are fresh, current, and appealing to begin with, which provides a lot of options for customization.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive interface ever, but that said, they provide outstanding how-to articles and videos and infinitely patient customer support, so it's not hard to figure out how to do what you want to do, even if you have no coding experience.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Our original site was Weebly based, but I didn't care for the interface or the design. It felt very cookie-cutter to me, and I was looking for something more artistic.

Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

They have the most customizable templates while still being easy to use, I preferred their aesthetic, and quickly found their customer service better than most other website builders I've tried.
Yu

• Customer Support Software

Easy for not professional website builders

Reviewed on 2024-02-03

Easy to use, good customer support. A lot of option for choosing what suits you best.

Pros

I had no skills in building website before using squarespace. It was easy to use the template available. Although I need to redo the website after 5 years, it still stays functional and works well. Customer services are very responsive with all inquiries.

Cons

The shop option on my plan did not allow any changes to be made for the look of the shop so I moved elsewhere.

Christi
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use website building and maintenance

Reviewed on 2023-11-06

Pros

Website build is easy, and support is provided through video training and accessible chat.

Cons

Needs better photo compression tools available.

Wix and Webex Suite

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Ease of use, compatibility with other web products
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Review of Squarespace

Reviewed on 2024-05-23

It is very useful software to grow business statics.

It is very useful software to grow business statics.

Pros

It is very useful to beginner and easy to use. It has many powerful future which is saving our time.

Cons

The editing options are minimal and least attractive.

Alanna

Love hate relationship.

Reviewed on 2020-01-17

It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on to a better website builder with more customization ability.

Pros

I love that it looks classy even if you’re not familiar with how to use website designing softwares. This is mostly due to the fact that they only allow certain liberties to the user unless the user knows code. In other words, they do not allow the user to make major changes to their templates, because they had professional designers put the templates together so they’d look great! And why let the user mess with a professionally designed look?

Cons

The fact that the user cannot change much means that intermediate users are out of luck. In my case, I am very familiar with how to make an appealing design, and I am also familiar with website builders in general, BUT I do not know coding so I can’t change details that way. Because I know more than a beginner, I get very frustrated at the limitations in design that I am dealt by Squarespace.

For instance, they only allow 3 font styles throughout the site, which I understand is a great design approach, but sometimes a different font size or color is NEEDED. Just saying! (Particular afternoon campaign you might want to feature on a particular page, a slight color variation so it shows up better on a photo, etc.)

Osman
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Absolutely fine!

Reviewed on 2021-03-23

I've used this software before and it really helped me with my website in the past. It has some good features and not difficult to use. You pretty much get what you pay for. Also, know that if you are aiming for really professional websites I wouldn't suggest you use Squarespace. But if you just want to set up a decent site in a short amount of time, I would definitely suggest you this software.

Pros

First of all, it is extremely easy to set up websites in no time. It has some cool and modern-looking templates that you might want to consider. It is user-friendly and not much knowledge of coding is required which makes it a good choice for many companies and people. Even though I didn't struggle much with anything whilst using this software, support was always there to help.

Cons

The way that the client can't change a lot, implies that expert clients are restricted and don't have much freedom. Other than the lack of freedom when choosing templates and editing fonts or just the way the website looks, I don't see any other downsides to this software.

Eddie
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Best in class product by far for several years now

Reviewed on 2021-06-25

I teach classes on digital marketing and entrepreneurship and ask my students to build a website without coding within a week that looks professional and generate sales from their website. SquareSpace has always helped them build a best in class product.

The website we have built quickly to get our companies started have resonated well with investors and everyone always compliments the look and feel of our sites.

Pros

I have used SquareSpace for over 5 years now, using the platform to build a minimum viable product before scaling to custom built websites, to putting up new websites that look extremely professional very quickly. Everyone who looks at the websites are impressed with how they look, not knowing it only took a few minutes to build. They continue to add functionality over the years.

They have a great dedication to customer service as well that responds quickly.

Cons

Moving some objects around was not always as intuitive as I thought they could be. If there are a tremendous amounts of data on a screen it may be slower to edit than it always was. Very minor bugs discovered on rare occasions. Just nitpicking, wonderful product.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Wix did not adapt to mobile well and just always seems behind the curve, they had several bugs as well and did not render well on mobile. Everybody knows every WordPress template so they can recognize it's not a customize website. WordPress is also easy for anyone to hack, even for those who do not know how to code at all.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

More unique default templates, better looking templates, more robust features. Build it Beautiful was there slogan and has always lived true to that.

User of Squarespace for 9+ years - Loyal customer to a fantastic product

Reviewed on 2022-01-21

My overall experience has been outstanding. I will continue to use the product despite the cost. It is well worth the amount of visits I routinely get on the site where I know the viewers will have a smooth experiencing navigating the site. It just works!

Pros

When it comes down to it, I'm convinced that Squarespace is the BEST option for portfolio websites short of hiring a designer which would cost significantly more for something better quality than what Squarespace has to offer. Beyond that, it's easy to customize, is a beautiful frame for portfolio work that makes the work itself look better and ultimately gives me credibility as a professional since the site just looks so good. I've put quite a bit of work into building the site over the last 9 years and change the theme every 3-4 years or so which requires days of work to get right each time. In between larger redesigns, updating the site is so easy and I know what to expect. The customer service has been outstanding for 9 years. It's more expensive than the other options out there but I'm happy to pay for how the product bolsters my work and ease of using the product. The analytics also are a huge win in allowing me to see how the site in performing - and to be able to monitor this on the go within the app.

Cons

There are some limitations if you're very design focused like I am since the templates can only do what they were created to do which means that simple things like changing margins may not be as simple as you'd hope. There are lots of tools the "style editor" but sometimes it doesn't' cover all the bases. I've had to code things in when that was the case for things that I feel should be pretty easy to customize (like if I want an image full bleed but the template doesn't support it, you must code it in. This is only for a few select amount of customers who are detail-obsessed like I am. For the general user, the prebuilt templates are above and beyond what you'd hope for!

Also, sometimes browsers have a hard time keeping up with the editor and it can freeze or crash. This has gotten massively better in the last 5 years and hope to see this continue to improve.

All around, these are things I wish could be better but not complaining when there isn't anything comparable in the market for the look & functionality at a similar price point.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I love the model of paying for access to all that I need. The basic tier allows me every tool i need and no worries about ads or hosting on other sites. The time I save not needing to know how to host my site, manage my domain or jumping through hoops to make simple updates are worth it enough.
Lola

• Customer Support Software

Great design features but need more e-commerce support

Reviewed on 2022-12-06

I enjoy using Squarespace. If the e-commerce features are more competitive, it would be a perfect website builder!

Pros

Squarespace is amazing for putting together an attractive, professional website in no time. Having used various website builders over the years, I'd say Squarespace is the most beginner-friendly. The website templates are beautiful and very easy to edit - no coding or design skills required! Because of Squarespace's extensive customisable design elements, it is best for portfolio websites - where stylish layout is important and you don't need advanced e-commerce features. And being one of the most established website builder platforms around, you can also trust that your website will be secure.

Cons

Squarespace isn't so great in terms of e-commerce integration. For example, it lacks the infrastructure to create useful shipping options (e.g. free delivery over £50), which should be an essential e-commerce feature. If you're looking to build an online store, I wouldn't recommend Squarespace.

Wix, WooCommerce, WordPress, GoDaddy Website Builder and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Building websites manually is too time-consuming, when Squarespace is so pretty and easy to use.

Wix, WooCommerce, WordPress and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I switched from Wordpress because Squarespace was easier to use.
Maria

• Customer Support Software

My Love for all things Squarespace!

Reviewed on 2023-05-09

Incredible and stress free.

Incredible and stress free.

Pros

What I like most is it’s ease of use, new Fluid Engine and their stellar customer service.

Cons

At this point with the new Fluid Engine and new design features I cannot think of anything else I would want; however that doesn’t mean there aren’t always new features that can be added. What I do know is that Squarespace listens to their users and they have responded by adding incredible new features and functionality. They continue to provide the best quality and reliability for their customers and that’s what keeps me a Squarespace user.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I was regularly (weekly) being attacked by hackers and my site would be locked. It just wasn’t worth the stress. Plus I did not like having to purchase extra this and that plug-ins for everything and just to keep my site safe. It was a waste of time, effort and money.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Squarespace’s entire setup and onboarding is clean and simple and it works well for me. I’m able to follow all the steps and it is easy.
Jenna A
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Squarespace is great for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

My overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a better time at events when people want to make purchases, and in general it is a well run software, so I really appreciate it. It is very accessible, it has made me look more professional, and it rarely has any bugs. Good job !

Pros

I have been using Squarespace for a few years as a working artist with a small business. There are a lot of events that happen for crafts and painting, and no one has cash, and I certainly don't have change to give them. When I got onto squarespace a few years ago I was amazed that they sent me a free sliding card chip reader, how easy it was to sign up, and I was a bit upset with myself that I hadn't signed up sooner. The amount of sales I missed before squarespace could probably have paid for a vacation or a big increase in my business, however all is well because I have it now. I really like that I can also keep profiles of different people, I can send people invoices, I can send people receipts, I can really make sure that I stay in their minds as a future place to buy from. I think that square space has also been successful for me because having a squarespace account has made me more professional with overseas buyers. Sometimes I get quite a bit of traction on sales through instagram, and paypal is not seen as the best route by these people, they prefer square space. It has given them ease of mind when they receive a digital receipt, when they see that i take my business seriously, and that has created a lot of good relationships for me in places like Australia, New Zealand and so forth. It has also allowed me to let people set up payment plans by tracking all their payments through square space and that too has increased a lot of business for me. Squarespace has helped!

Cons

I think that I am always worried about losing the swiper. If there was a way where squarespace could get rid of that all together and yet allow a one go swipe I would be really grateful for that. The only other issues I have had is sometimes the software has frozen while I am in the middle of a transaction and that has made things a bit difficult for me in the moment, however, this is common for a lot of apps that have high usage, so I am not super upset about it. I think that in the moment you can hope that things will be perfect but they can't always be. Overall though I think the software has better positives than negatives. I think that it is very good software.

Laura

• Customer Support Software

Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code

Reviewed on 2019-09-18

Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Pros

I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Cons

What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

Kyla

Easily Create an Ever-Beautiful Website

Reviewed on 2017-01-08

I have been using Squarespace for my e-commerce business for a few years now and love it! Squarespace sites are easy to create and update, while always remaining beautiful. I have used other drag-and-drop website building software in the past and even though the layouts looked right when I was editing, once I viewed them live and on different devices, there were always problems. With Squarespace's platform, my site always looks exactly the way I expect it to.
I recently added the e-commerce component to my site and while it doesn't have a ton of features, like other sites, it works perfectly for what I need. Some templates are better suited for e-commerce, so if that's what you're looking for, make sure to look into which ones those are.
Squarespace websites are also automatically optimized for search engines! Last year I took an SEO course to improve traffic to my website and a bunch of the suggestions involved manually updating parts of my site every few months so that search engines would continue to find my site. When I inquired with Squarespace about how to go about this, they let me know that their platform already does this for my site automatically--yay! I also discovered a variety of other SEO features that are built into every Squarespace site, so you don't have to worry about updating or even knowing about much of it--it's all done for you!
While Squarespace doesn't offer customer service by phone, they are timely with responding to inquiries via email and their robust online knowledge base has answered many of my questions in just a few minutes. They also offer a chat feature Mon-Fri.
Finally, one of the reasons I decided to switch to Squarespace was for integrations, like MailChimp--they make it easy to connect with my customers and streamline collecting their information. They also just added an integration with PayPal for checkout, which I can already tell has made purchases easier for my customers.
Overall, I am extremely happy with Squarespace and look forward to discovering, even more, features!

Beautiful designs
Great customer service
Affordable
useful integrations (PayPal, MailChimp, etc)
built-in SEO
constantly updating and adding more features

Cons

e-commerce platform has minimal features
No customer service phone support
Some features are only available on a limited number of templates

• Customer Support Software

Squarespace, perhaps the best first-generation low-code website builder

Reviewed on 2020-07-26

Squarespace is our goto for standard business sites including our site; we run heavy ecommece clients on Shopify, and anything more advanced on Duda or WordPress.

Squarespace does win the first-gen low-code war -- way ahead of Weebly, Wix, or some of the others. The platform needs to decide which next market to focus on to continue to be relevant as Duda, Versoly, and other 2nd-gen platforms emerge.

Pros

Squarespace makes it easy to get websites up quickly -- we've built three, and all went from zero to launch within three days. If you just need some standard startup landing pages, Squarespace is for you.

Their customer support is great if about the basic blocks.

Cons

Squarespace has some gotchas that make for substantial challenges beyond the first few months of business unless you're willing to either pay for external plugins or write code, and that comes with several major caveats, such as:

* weird things such as sliders for images simply don't exist
* custom CSS only applies at the site and not the page level
* spacing is somewhat odd with no fine-grain control
* certain JS plugins simply don't work on the site
* there is NO undo of any unkind except plaintext
* there is NO copy/paste or page templating

Perhaps the biggest issue is that it feels like Squarespace is trying to straddle the fence between being the leading CMS and the leading ecommerce platform and as a result it is neither. Frankly, the basic site experience is such that we'd be very reticent to ever deploy the ecommerce capability for a client, and so we use it for customers with mostly static content who blog a couple of times / week or less.

The lack of premium support for code issues further hampers their market share -- adding that as an option might provide more revenue for them and a way forward, as few other platforms do.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Beats all other first-gen low-code platforms
Whitney
Whitney

Easy to Use, High Quality In-House Website Design

Reviewed on 2020-12-16

We researched and previewed a number of website development platforms before selecting Squarespace, and we've been very happy with our choice. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn how to customize and brand our pages. It is a great, cost-effective option that we recommend to other schools looking for a tool to manage their website in-house.

Pros

Squarespace is a very user-friendly and cost-effective product that allows us to create, maintain and adapt our school website in-house. Clean, professional templates are easily customizable and provide us the functionality we need to maintain an active web presence. The phone app also provides a good amount of flexibility to make quick edits and adjustments to our site on the go.

The ability to create forms that can be directly linked into Google Drives has been one notable positive for us. It gives us the option to quickly customize and create forms that can then be shared and track responses for us.

The website analytics function is very helpful in providing us with real-time insights and date on web traffic and usage.

Cons

There are some natural limitations to the ability to customize pages that will come with any basic website development platform. For example, in order to upload video, it must already be hosted on another platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).

Philip

Great Website Builder and Templates for Businesses and Artists

Reviewed on 2021-05-01

Overall, the Squarespace website builder has served my business well. I’m able to have professional-looking websites that deliver the message I want to get across, all in great-looking design. Coupled with the integrated online scheduler where my clients can book their appointments and the integrated marketing tools, it serves my business needs daily.

Pros

I have 3 Squarespace websites for my photography and multimedia businesses and 1 Squarespace website for my personal work/artist portfolio. I’ve been a Squarespace user for a long time, and since then things have only improved with the choice of templates and the design possibilities. A significant advantage is that you don’t need to be tied to a template design and customize the design and add custom CSS if you want more complex customization. There are many third-party plugins available for Squarespace if you don’t have the knowledge to do it yourself, and that can make the already great starter templates even better. For businesses, Squarespace has built-in SEO and other marketing tools like newsletters, a built-in scheduling calendar for clients to book appointments if you’re a service-oriented business, and of course, there’s also the possibility for e-commerce with great web store designs and templates.

Cons

Squarespace is still heavily focused on English-speaking and North-American customers/businesses when it comes to selling products. For example, for companies that are not based in the US, there’s still no built-in possibility to accept local payment gateways if you want to sell products or services. Many customers in EU regions prefer to pay online using their local bank payment gateways rather than credit cards. Compared to some other website builders. The ability to sell products or services using your local payment gateway is still missing in Squarespace as something that's built and that you can activate with the click of a button.

Anna
Anna
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Beautiful websites!

Reviewed on 2022-08-05

Pros

Before switching from Wordpress to something more contemporary, I thoroughly researched the offerings, and a lot of website-building platforms seemed to have little difference between them. But I trialed most of market leaders every since, and I can surely say, squarespace websites are the prettiest. For businesses that rely heavily on the visual element of their marketing, that is super important. And the recent update (the possibility to overlap blocks and place them anywhere on the grid, regardless of the page structure) is an absolute game-changer, and I am totally in love.

Cons

The only thing that I am not entirely satisfied is how Squarespace approaches multi-language websites - I had to turn to a third-party plugin. It is not a deal breaker for me, but it was just strange not to offer this in the first place.

Navid
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Read this before you sign up

Reviewed on 2024-03-04

Pros

We have been on Squarespace since 2010, that should tell you how long we have known them.

Initially it was a tightly knit community with customer care, even though we are in Australia, they usually got back to us on email ok.

When they got bigger, the service and quality was gradually downgraded. They would make changes to their framework without much customer support which meant parts of your website didnt work.

Their SEO has also always been on the lower end based on rankings we have been getting.

For the past 2 weeks, they have taken our website down, after nearly 14 years of being their customer. They wont tell us why and they wont tell us how to fix it. I have lodged ticket after ticket. They just dont respond period.

Dont waste your money, their focus is to get as many people signed up as possible rather than caring what happens afterwards. They are just a marketing funnel and they will happily leave you when you need any kind of help

Cons

Customer Support and customer care which simply does not exist at all in this company. I dont understand how hard it is for them to reply to simple emails

Cody
Cody
  • Industry: Publishing

Delivers Quality and Most of the Functions You'll Ever Need

Reviewed on 2021-05-13

Squarespace works great for me, and the clients I've built sites for on it. It does everything that I have needed it to, and have been able to implement HTML/CSS elements when I absolutely needed to (pretty much on a novice when it comes to code). Whenever I show someone a site I've built, they are usually impressed, even though I'm mostly building on top of the work by the template designers.

Pros

Squarespace has great templates and an easy to use, drag and drop builder. You don't need any technical or true design skills to create a solid website. The high quality templates, with predetermined styling, ensure that even a simple website looks clean and elegant.

It's also easy to implement your SEO titles and tags, connect email marketing services, add Google Adsense and other plugins. The price seems pretty good for all that, though maybe slightly more expensive than other CMS options.

Cons

The main drawback I've had is that Squarespace isn't as customizable as other CMS options, like Wix or Weebly. Sometimes I just want to move a simple element over slightly, yet this often isn't possible within the block format used by Squarespace. The flip side is that Squarespace has few if any bugs, while Wix and Weebly can get strange errors in my experience.