Squarespace

4.6 (2,718)
A website makes it real.

(2,718)
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Derek

• Customer Support Software

The best web design platform available

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

I am designing 99% of my clients websites on Squarespace. It helps me get to market faster and easier, and deliver a product my clients love.

Pros

I have been designing websites professionally for over 15 years and it's very rare that I don't design on Squarespace for clients. It's easy to use, the templates are beautiful, and there are so many features and endless flexibility.

Cons

I wish custom code injection was available on the basic/personal levels. As of right now, you need to upgrade to the business account to inject any code in the header or footer.

Cost and security.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Squarespace is cheaper, more secure, and easier to use.
Kerryn

An easy to implement, use and maintain website software

Reviewed on 12/13/2022

Squarespace enabled a number of our staff to contribute to the website without major changes to the look and feel of the overall design. It was easy to introduce staff to the 'inner workings' and they very quickly grasped the concept of how it worked.

Pros

Squarespace is a great product for those who don't have a lot of experience in setting up a website from scratch. It can be set up by someone with minimal experience in website design, who can choose a template from the many that are available and then tailor it to suit their company colours and feel. You can activate google fonts to give it a more individual flavour and there is the facility to code if you need to customise it further. Others can be given various levels of access but don't have access to design features, which means there is consistent of feel across the website, even with several contributors, with no sudden change of a level one heading to comic sans italic (thank goodness!!) because they think it looks great!

Cons

As with most drag and drop websites, it may not be able to deliver some of the high end features a fully bespoke built for your context website can offer, but then that is not what it for. It is for those who want a good looking online presence that offers common features such as online store, email management etc.

Andrea
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

SquareSpace is a let-down. It's hard to use and is missing basic features. The marketing...

Reviewed on 7/23/2019

Overall, I hated using SquareSpace and I was so disappointed because I switched away from WordPress + Divi to give SquareSpace a whirl based on SquareSpace's amazing marketing. What a let down. I will never use SquareSpace again. My client wanted both of his sites designed in SquareSpace because he was also duped by the ads. I made one site and it took forever because I was constantly googling how to do something with code to get the site how we wanted it. If you use SquareSpace be prepared to be frustrated or to hire a developer. Basic functionality is missing and you can't copy anything you've done to use elsewhere. I wanted to duplicate the first site and modify it for the second. You can't do that. I had to make both sites from scratch. Support was absolutely terrible. Zero help compared to the awesome Divi support staff that has made my designing life so great for so many years (I'm not an affiliate, just a fan). Oh! And SquareSpace is expensive! You have to pay for each and every site. With WordPress, you pay for hosting somewhere, like Siteground, and you can add as many sites to that account as you like no charge. Squarespace has pretty templates that you can't modify pretty much at all, and it's expensive with terrible support. Do not choose SquareSpace as your CMS unless you are a developer. Awful.

Pros

SquareSpace has beautiful templates. They are truly gorgeous. SquareSpace also has an easy-to-use sidebar of options that puts everything that you can do on the left side. The interface is as clean as the templates. Hosting of your site is done through Squarespace. That's it when it comes to pros. There are a ton of Cons to using SquareSpace.

Cons

As a WordPress user (who has also designed with Wix), SquareSpace falls short almost everywhere. You can't import your brand font—essential. You have to use code or a back-door solution with AdobeFonts. If you want 5 items in a row, no can do. You get 4 or 6. You can't drag the amount of padding around items and sections. You must use spacer blocks (time consuming and such a bad way to do things). There's no media storage! If you upload your photo it isn't stored anywhere for easy selection later. You must upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it—frustrating. Changes can't be made on individual copy styles. Squarespace sets up its CMS as a global system so if you want to change the way your font looks in just one place, you need to insert code (markdown block). You should be able to select it and change the size or colour. But no. It's CRAZY! So time-consuming. Missing basic word-processing functionality. Squarespace has no plugin options. You can't duplicate a page of your site and you can't duplicate your site! Everything is done from scratch! In WordPress, you download a .JSON file and upload it somewhere else and you're flying. Not with SquareSpace. You can't make your overlays look different per section. Everything applies globally. You can't add borders to images. The biggest CON? There's no undo! No revision history. If you delete something accidentally, it's gone forever. Support is terrible. Every answer is "you can't do that" or "try to find code.

Maurice

• Customer Support Software

Squarespace, the all-in-one website builder you have been looking for!

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Working with and on the Squarespace platform is a pleasant task. I got fast results that only needed some small tweaking.

Pros

The overall ease of use. With many features already available in the lowest pricing tier, making a professional and responsive website is an easy task.

Cons

Some features, like adding custom code or email integration, are only available in higher pricing tiers.

Wix, WordPress and Bandzoogle

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I made the switch for one of my websites to create a hassle-free workflow.Wordpress needs a bit more maintenance, and for that website, I wanted to find an easy solution to set and forget an online portfolio.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

The ease of use and drag and drop editor made me choose Squarespace over the rest. I managed to create a professional looking website within minutes, something that is not always possible in Wordpress.
Jacob

• Customer Support Software

Built my organization from scratch through Squarespace.

Reviewed on 12/27/2022

I have had a great experience with Squarespace, I still can't believe that I was able to build such a successful organization using Squarespace as my website. It has been an incredible journey that has been able to help a lot of people, change their lives, and was all done through using Squarespace as the medium.

Pros

I appreciate how use friendly squarespace is. I come from no background in Tech or website design/building, and I was able to sit down and build a nice website within a matter of weeks. I have been growing the organization for the past 3 years and Squarespace allowed me to build it up and spread it to over 30 countries around the world.

Cons

I have no complaints. It was very easy to use, manage, and maintain. The only thing that I didn't like was that the yearly cost to maintain the website was increased after 3 years of using it.

Courtney
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Squarespace

Reviewed on 12/13/2022

Pros

Squarespace is a wonderful and easy to use web design platform. It is user friendly and also customizable for imported templates. I would also recommend Squarespace to any user that is first starting to build their brand and convert into a website as well.

Cons

There are some features that are not as customizable as I prefer, but overall they have everything you need to build out and design based on your brand.

Tina

• Customer Support Software

Highly recommended for a first time website developer!

Reviewed on 12/17/2022

Very glad to have chosen this platform for our business website. My colleague and I spent hours researching and investigating all of the similar products out there, a lot of it was super confusing to us. We focused on ease of use, user feedback and cost to pick this product and were very glad we did.

Pros

There are so many built in features that its pretty endless of what you can create. Integration with our existing business processes was a little bit challenging being a first time user, but once we figured it out, it all worked fantastic!

Cons

Being the very first product of this type to use I have nothing to really compare it to. It worked and continues to without any problems!

Rohan
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome Website Builder

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

Pros

The amazing feature set and awesome website builder. I love how I can drag and drop and see features built right in front of me.

Cons

The somewhat limited drag and drop features, but honestly you can't expect the best features in a drag and drop-ability.

Simon

Excellent CMS

Reviewed on 12/27/2022

When its all said and done Squarespace is a fantastic platform that significantly reduces the effort of website setup and Shop creation for new businesses.

Pros

For small firms, this software truly offers an all-in-one solution. It makes building a website really simple, especially for individuals who lack a lot of technical or creative know-how. To completely simplify the process of building a website, it offers domain name searches and website templates.

Cons

Kind of on the expensive side, would like to see it compete better with others that are out there like Shopify and WiX.

Tawhidul

• Customer Support Software

Gets your websites done, Easily!

Reviewed on 12/23/2022

Over the last two years, I've been using Squarespace, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I went from Joomla to Squarespace because I wanted a different option that would be easier to use and understand while still producing a stunning, polished website.

Pros

I like its ease of use. It's very user-friendly even for a beginner.

Cons

Sometimes there are some plugins that we need to buy. But I think it's okay to pay as long as they are useful.

Stephen
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Value and Simplicity, Meet Beauty!

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

I have now built over 10 full websites using Squarespace and each one continues to grow my knowledge and stretch my ability. As I aforementioned, you don’t need to be a pro, but if you are, designing an incredible, impactful and don’t miss this, mobile friendly website is simple and easy.

Pros

The best thing about Squarespace is the ability to create gorgeous websites with little to zero experience. You don’t need to be an HTML wizard, but if you happen to be, you can still take full advantage of everything Squarespace has to offer.

Cons

Honestly, it’s hard to say one. For the mid level prosumer, I haven’t found a single better option.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

The UI and usability were horrendous!

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

A lot of research and recommendations from friends within the field.
Erin
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A Novice Can Do It

Reviewed on 5/31/2021

I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm currently going through a website redesign. I utilized their "matchmaking service" to try and find a designer and thought it was the most efficient system. It's like online dating. You fill out a form, which is like your profile, stating what you want. You get matched up with several designers. From those you "swipe right" on five. Then it becomes up to those five to court you by sending you an email, reaching out to jump on a Zoom and you take your relationship from there. I feel like I scored. I am enjoying working with my designer. She's so knowledgeable and she understands what I'm trying to accomplish. I cannot wait for my new site to deploy.

Pros

For the most part, anything I've tried to create on Squarespace is relatively easy. If I had questions, I was able to find a YouTube tutorial to figure it out. The sites look professional on both desktop and mobile and don't break the bank to create. You can also make your site transactional which is nice and the fees involved are reasonable.

Cons

I am not a tech savvy person so some of the functionality requires an in-depth online lesson to recreate something I've seen, however, it is all figureoutable.

Wix and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I was tired of updating all of the plugins. It was a nuisance.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I liked the perceived ease of use and portfolio of websites I saw that were built on a Squarespace platform. Also Shopify didn't really make sense since my site is more than just a store, I'm pretty copy heavy which Squarespace lends to better.
Kacy
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Clean, simple start-up but not the smoothest system.

Reviewed on 8/31/2021

I use Squarespace primarily for blogging and building a brand. It is not optimal for writing, editing and photos, but it makes for a great, clean website with many options with electronic forms, pull down menus and features. Overall, it's a great product, but still very clunky and unsteady.

Pros

It is easy for a non-expert like me to build a blog, navigate a website and make quick edits. Squarespace stands out above the rest in simplicity with drag and drop features. It does a good job with electronic forms to make a way for more to opt in and covers all the bases on what you need for a website. They offer great analytics!

Cons

The software is very clunky. I tend to use it on my MacBook, but have learned to write content somewhere safer than putting it straight into website. It has crashed so many times, and adding pictures often takes a very long time. The iOS apps seem to work better but that's not optimal for my work. I've also struggled some with text editing and formatting. The process isn't smooth.

Ghost and WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I wanted something cleaner that functioned as more than a blog. I wanted analytics and somewhere I could build up as I grow.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Squarespace was the easiest to get started right away.
Henry
  • Industry: Restaurants

Simple doesn't mean low quality

Reviewed on 10/19/2021

My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us going, with the intention of migrating over to a WordPress build in the near future. 2 years later we're still on Squarespace, with no immediate plans to change. The website's performance and optimization is consistently top-notch, edits are easy, tracking code changes work well, and enough third-party tool integrations exist to account for our needs.

I wanted Squarespace because I hoped it would be quick and simple to set up. It was. I stayed with Squarespace because it's more effective and substantial than I initially hoped.

Pros

Squarespace really is simple to set up and use. A lot of web building best practices are automated for you, with image auto-optimization, mobile-friendly templates, and ADA compliance features.

A few years ago the biggest issue with simple website builders like this was performance - drag-and-drop sites tended to be slower. Not the case anymore. All my Squarespace sites load well within Google Page Speed Index benchmarks, with image compression that doesn't reduce image quality at all.

Cons

Squarespace will cause some issues if you're at either extreme of tech savvy: If you have zero background building sites, there will be a learning curve. I know their marketing makes it sound like you could build a site with your eyes closed, but do not count on it being that simple.

And on the other end, if you have deeper experience building sites and working with code, Squarespace can be a bit basic. You can't access a page's source code, block types can't be edited, and design functions are fairly limited.

BentoBox and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Simplicity and speed of deployment. We needed a whole new brand launched quickly, and Squarespace required the least set-up time.
Ian

• Customer Support Software

A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

Pros

At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

Cons

The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Listen... don't let their newly expanded advertising budget or the way Godaddy pushes them fool you. Wix makes ugly websites. I'm sorry, but it is just the facts. Squarespace is a bit pricier (although the pricing is more transparent in my option) but you get what you pay for.
Patrice
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!

Reviewed on 9/25/2019

Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

Pros

What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

Cons

One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

The templates and the simplicity.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

The ease and the pretty professional templates that were customizable.
Kinsey

• Customer Support Software

Web Design, but make it fun.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros

As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons

There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Kymberli
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best Website Builder EVER

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

overall, my experience with Squarespace has been amazing. I recommend them to everyone

Pros

How easy it is to use. I first started out with wordpress, godaddy and shopify and that was beyond me. Someone recommended squarespace to me and I was able to rollout my ideas almost instantaneously. thank you!

Cons

I sold my computer so I’d love if the mobile app had all of the same features available as the website but I understand it takes time.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

because you are able to customize the site more to your branding and have more functions SIMPLY verses needing to download a bunch of extra stuff.
Jenna A
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Squarespace is great for small businesses

Reviewed on 5/31/2019

My overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a better time at events when people want to make purchases, and in general it is a well run software, so I really appreciate it. It is very accessible, it has made me look more professional, and it rarely has any bugs. Good job !

Pros

I have been using Squarespace for a few years as a working artist with a small business. There are a lot of events that happen for crafts and painting, and no one has cash, and I certainly don't have change to give them. When I got onto squarespace a few years ago I was amazed that they sent me a free sliding card chip reader, how easy it was to sign up, and I was a bit upset with myself that I hadn't signed up sooner. The amount of sales I missed before squarespace could probably have paid for a vacation or a big increase in my business, however all is well because I have it now. I really like that I can also keep profiles of different people, I can send people invoices, I can send people receipts, I can really make sure that I stay in their minds as a future place to buy from. I think that square space has also been successful for me because having a squarespace account has made me more professional with overseas buyers. Sometimes I get quite a bit of traction on sales through instagram, and paypal is not seen as the best route by these people, they prefer square space. It has given them ease of mind when they receive a digital receipt, when they see that i take my business seriously, and that has created a lot of good relationships for me in places like Australia, New Zealand and so forth. It has also allowed me to let people set up payment plans by tracking all their payments through square space and that too has increased a lot of business for me. Squarespace has helped!

Cons

I think that I am always worried about losing the swiper. If there was a way where squarespace could get rid of that all together and yet allow a one go swipe I would be really grateful for that. The only other issues I have had is sometimes the software has frozen while I am in the middle of a transaction and that has made things a bit difficult for me in the moment, however, this is common for a lot of apps that have high usage, so I am not super upset about it. I think that in the moment you can hope that things will be perfect but they can't always be. Overall though I think the software has better positives than negatives. I think that it is very good software.

Philip

Great Website Builder and Templates for Businesses and Artists

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Overall, the Squarespace website builder has served my business well. I’m able to have professional-looking websites that deliver the message I want to get across, all in great-looking design. Coupled with the integrated online scheduler where my clients can book their appointments and the integrated marketing tools, it serves my business needs daily.

Pros

I have 3 Squarespace websites for my photography and multimedia businesses and 1 Squarespace website for my personal work/artist portfolio. I’ve been a Squarespace user for a long time, and since then things have only improved with the choice of templates and the design possibilities. A significant advantage is that you don’t need to be tied to a template design and customize the design and add custom CSS if you want more complex customization. There are many third-party plugins available for Squarespace if you don’t have the knowledge to do it yourself, and that can make the already great starter templates even better. For businesses, Squarespace has built-in SEO and other marketing tools like newsletters, a built-in scheduling calendar for clients to book appointments if you’re a service-oriented business, and of course, there’s also the possibility for e-commerce with great web store designs and templates.

Cons

Squarespace is still heavily focused on English-speaking and North-American customers/businesses when it comes to selling products. For example, for companies that are not based in the US, there’s still no built-in possibility to accept local payment gateways if you want to sell products or services. Many customers in EU regions prefer to pay online using their local bank payment gateways rather than credit cards. Compared to some other website builders. The ability to sell products or services using your local payment gateway is still missing in Squarespace as something that's built and that you can activate with the click of a button.

Liam
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Squarespace: the platform that empowers creatives

Reviewed on 2/17/2022

I use Squarespace to showcase my work and tell my story to potential clients, and allow them to book in a call with me. It's an essential part of my client acquisition process.

Pros

Squarespace has made my career possible. It allowed me to build the portfolio that landed my first full-time graphic design job, and is now the platform I use to showcase my work and win freelance clients. Its balance of simplicity and customisability empowers me as a designer to build a website that represents me and my small design business in the best light possible.

Cons

I will admit I've had to rely quite heavily on custom CSS to get my site looking the way I'd like — this wouldn't be much of a problem if it weren't for the poor CSS coding experience. Squarespace only gives me a very small window to type in, and it's very difficult to navigate the 400 lines or so of code I've written.

There is also an abundance of unused code (Javascript) that gets loaded into my website by default which I cannot remove. This increases my website load time, making for a poor viewer experience – not to mention the negative impact this has on my SEO.

Squarespace also slows my computer severely when I use it in the Safari browser — this led me to switch back to Chrome.

All this being said — if you're someone who doesn't plan on adding code, isn't concerned with SEO, and doesn't use Safari for desktop — I can't help but commend Squarespace for their brilliant overall experience.

Wix and WordPress
Kyla
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easily Create an Ever-Beautiful Website

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

I have been using Squarespace for my e-commerce business for a few years now and love it! Squarespace sites are easy to create and update, while always remaining beautiful. I have used other drag-and-drop website building software in the past and even though the layouts looked right when I was editing, once I viewed them live and on different devices, there were always problems. With Squarespace's platform, my site always looks exactly the way I expect it to.
I recently added the e-commerce component to my site and while it doesn't have a ton of features, like other sites, it works perfectly for what I need. Some templates are better suited for e-commerce, so if that's what you're looking for, make sure to look into which ones those are.
Squarespace websites are also automatically optimized for search engines! Last year I took an SEO course to improve traffic to my website and a bunch of the suggestions involved manually updating parts of my site every few months so that search engines would continue to find my site. When I inquired with Squarespace about how to go about this, they let me know that their platform already does this for my site automatically--yay! I also discovered a variety of other SEO features that are built into every Squarespace site, so you don't have to worry about updating or even knowing about much of it--it's all done for you!
While Squarespace doesn't offer customer service by phone, they are timely with responding to inquiries via email and their robust online knowledge base has answered many of my questions in just a few minutes. They also offer a chat feature Mon-Fri.
Finally, one of the reasons I decided to switch to Squarespace was for integrations, like MailChimp--they make it easy to connect with my customers and streamline collecting their information. They also just added an integration with PayPal for checkout, which I can already tell has made purchases easier for my customers.
Overall, I am extremely happy with Squarespace and look forward to discovering, even more, features!

Beautiful designs
Great customer service
Affordable
useful integrations (PayPal, MailChimp, etc)
built-in SEO
constantly updating and adding more features

Cons

e-commerce platform has minimal features
No customer service phone support
Some features are only available on a limited number of templates

Whitney

Easy to Use, High Quality In-House Website Design

Reviewed on 12/16/2020

We researched and previewed a number of website development platforms before selecting Squarespace, and we've been very happy with our choice. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn how to customize and brand our pages. It is a great, cost-effective option that we recommend to other schools looking for a tool to manage their website in-house.

Pros

Squarespace is a very user-friendly and cost-effective product that allows us to create, maintain and adapt our school website in-house. Clean, professional templates are easily customizable and provide us the functionality we need to maintain an active web presence. The phone app also provides a good amount of flexibility to make quick edits and adjustments to our site on the go.

The ability to create forms that can be directly linked into Google Drives has been one notable positive for us. It gives us the option to quickly customize and create forms that can then be shared and track responses for us.

The website analytics function is very helpful in providing us with real-time insights and date on web traffic and usage.

Cons

There are some natural limitations to the ability to customize pages that will come with any basic website development platform. For example, in order to upload video, it must already be hosted on another platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).

Laura

• Customer Support Software

Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code

Reviewed on 9/18/2019

Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Pros

I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Cons

What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

Wix and WordPress
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Extremely easy to use but expensive

Reviewed on 11/30/2020

Pros

1) We can easily select the fonts and colors of the site from the side menu so that when you select the h1 or h2 it directly applies that heading structure and design.

2) Very clean. By this I meant to say that every option is properly differentiated and well defined.

3) The easy integration of the site with Google Drive creating a google sheet is very much appreciated.

4) The website is by default responsive and that is really helpful when you are just starting out building a website.

5) I have never ran into a problem where I need to get contacted with the customer care as the options on the site are pretty much self explanatory.

6) There are no pop ups or any things that distracts you while creating the website.

7) I have started learning the website building when there was some offer to use the premium feature for 15 days. I thought that after 15 days I will leave the site and will check out another website building services but I stuck to this site after that as the ease of use is too good and the features are easy to understand.

8) There are no hidden charges unless you yourself purchase any add on premium services and everything goes smooth.

Cons

1) There is not smart alignment feature in this website building engine.

2) The price of the basic website is too much in comparison of the other website building engines.

3) Here one needs to have the structure ready before hand designing the website as it goes step by step as changing the site fonts and color will be challenging if not decided earlier.

4) The premium email with the G-Suite feature is too expensive then other service providers. Also the advanced analytics are not provided in the personal plan.