Mindbody

Edward
  • Industry: Music

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional.

However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business.

Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

Pros

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

Cons

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense).

No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...
Tatiyana

I like it but..

Reviewed on 3/10/2021

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

Cons

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Booker, Vagaro, Rosy and Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I outgrew schedulicity and needed more features that they weren't offering at the time.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

Because Mindbody at the time was an all inclusives software with all the features I was looking for and the price was amazing when I first signed up in 2015.

• Customer Support Software

So bad it's almost a scam.

Reviewed on 2/18/2021

I signed up with Mindbody in August of Covid 19 and the salesman told me that if I needed to cancel early then I just needed to talk to them. So I talked to them in January, now that my business is in dire straights and I was told that my cancellation would be processed the following day. A week later, I was charged the $270 fee so I called and was informed that because my contract was not over, I couldn't cancel. The representative started throwing scripted BS at me like "our legal team review" and "terms of service". Eventually I was able to appeal to him as a human being and he conceded that it should probably be in their terms of service to honor what I was told by their customer service representative, previously. Nonetheless, he couldn't do anything to cancel my subscription. I waited (not on hold) with this guy for 40 minutes, waiting for a supervisor to get on the line. The supervisor never replied and the guy said he wasn't going to wait any longer. I eventually got an email denying my request to cancel but offering a $50 / month ransom to end my contract. Rather than fight with chargeback and collections, I'm just gonna pay the ransom, hopefully.

I'm presently on the phone for 33 minutes getting the runaround with a representative who keeps putting me on hold to "do some things." Maybe they just hope I'll hang up and give up.

Pros

Nothing. I know that a lot of other businesses use Mindbody and from the perspective of using it to book classes at other studios, I thought Mindbody was quite good. However, using it as a business owner, I found it very non intuitive and clunky.

Cons

It didn't help me run my business. You've probably tried other apps that seem like they will be great, and then they fall short. Mindbody is one of those apps.

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Gina

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pros

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Cons

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

John

MindBody for Music Schools

Reviewed on 4/4/2020

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pros

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Cons

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Theresa

It is OKAY

Reviewed on 2/28/2020

I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Pros

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Cons

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

It seems to be the most widely used in the business
Jeffrey

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Reviewed on 1/27/2020

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the Mindbody App. This isn't good for retention. If a customer want to skate around your regular member prices, the Non-Branded App offers discounts to your already regular customer (not just new customers), creating instant revenue losses when trying to gain new customers. Customer Care/Service representatives knew less about the MindBody suite than I did since I have used the software longer than the representatives that were supposed to be assisting. The integrated software for payments which ease the use of processing and tracking is a "catch 22". If your card on file for Mindbody payments expires, which happens periodically; MindBody will just shutdown your site and you cannot operate in any capacity or function. No phone call message to let you know. If this happens, you will have an onslaught of fixes because the Mindbody system will disassociate your confirmation phone numbers with your customers and they will no longer be able to confirm appointments. You will have to manually push any missed autopays etc.

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

Kurt

MindBody for Small Gym

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Zen Planner and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive

RhinoFit
Sharmila

Mindbody Online transformed my business

Reviewed on 9/3/2019

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

Booker

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

Years ago, Booker offered me a free Ipad to switch to their company. They also promised cheaper monthly rates including merchant services processing fees.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

Booker could not deliver. I would rather pay a little more (rates weren't too high back then) than pay for scheduling system that didn't function as easy as MBO.
Kendra

It's Helpful!

Reviewed on 8/26/2019

MB has been great within the yoga studio / fitness studio / wellness studio industry. I've been using it for years now, within different states / facilities, as well as using it myself as a client. Easy to use, but have a feeling there is so much my company is unaware of / not taking advantage of [some tools that could really benefit the company that we don't know exist]. I'm also not a fan of MB working with other companies who saw flaws in the system, and now charge extra $ to implement. Why can't MB just come up with these ideas themselves, implement within their software, charge an extra charge if you must, but keeping it all within MINDBODY [not also to FitGrid, ZipWhip, etc.]. Customer service could also use some work. Our company struggled for weeks trying to get hardware ordered. We were promised multiple efforts of help with no one actually able to assist until I finally made it to the MB BOLD conference and sought help. It took way too long for us to give your company money for an item we wanted to order to benefit our sales.

Pros

The software is easy to use [once you practice]. It allows us to do everything we need, to an extent, with scheduling private sessions, massage, requesting appointments, as well as checking students in to classes, allowing them to purchase retail. It seems to have everything we need rolled into one package, at least for us with the Ultimate package.

Cons

I think there should be more webinars on how to use the software. Yes, there are videos to watch and the certification process, but this does not allow for open dialogue, questions to be asked, etc. Webinars w/ a MB customer support team available to discuss would be ideal and allow us all to know more of what our system has available for us to use / take advantage of.

Rosalinda

MINDBODY Review

Reviewed on 8/26/2019

Currently using mindbody to manage:
our clients and collect payments.
KPI reporting
Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pros

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Cons

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback.
Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

WellnessLiving

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

The mindbody platform is more inspiring and overall I felt they were more committed to helping me and my business grow.
Lauren

• Customer Support Software

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient.

Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself.

The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun.

The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company.
It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well.
This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

William

• Customer Support Software

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Amanda

• Customer Support Software

Things are okay, but they could be better

Reviewed on 8/30/2018

Overall. Our experience is a positive one.
We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion.
We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Pros

-visually, it is simple and appealing
-The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved
-Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Cons

-It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing)
-The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add features that we did not ask for or need, does not mean that your happy clients should be forced into higher cost for services they do not want. Some customer loyalty would be nice.
-There are features that we "cannot change" at all that would make our business run more smoothly (how the check out options are arranged, the way that clients are able to book certain times using your software through our website, and using a GC to pay for a service when booking online...to name a few)
-When mind body is down, our business is DOWN, and we have seen first hand how horrible of an impact this can have for us

Response from MINDBODY

Hi Amanda-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours.

In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

Terri

• Customer Support Software

I've increased my business 20% in each of the 2 years I've been with MBO.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

MBO is far more than a software provider. They are my strategic business partner. They keep me current on all the technological advancements available in the market through ongoing development in the software. As well as provide the research/data analysis which helps me make sound business decisions regarding my future growth and profitability.
My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.
Finally, the primary reason, and the one which has earned MBO the strategic partner status within my organization is summed up in on simple word support. Their world class team of dedicated technical support staff are available 24/7/365 to answer my questions, provide information and will take all the time necessary to help me resolve anything I need.
The support doesn't end with the technical. Through the MINDBODY University program I've learned best practices, how to use the reports to build my sales and marketing strategies and to set my business goals. The MBU video tutorial liberty provides additional information on a variety of topics right from my desktop.

MINDBODY is far more than a software provider, they are my teammates! My success is their success. Period.

Cons

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish:
a more robust set of auto email options
more content for the retention and re-engage emails
more functionality related to inventory
the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated

That's about it. There are other, small quirks which can be annoying at times, but then again, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement in any relationship.

Response from MINDBODY

Thanks for the review, Terri! We're proud to be on your team!

Molly
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Miracle Software

Reviewed on 3/14/2017

MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting on a phone or on email. Just the ability to take credit cards (all of them) increased my pay; there's a feature when the client pays which asks if they want to leave a tip and offers different percentages or a custom amount...and when asked if they want to leave a tip, more people do so! Seriously my average went from 65 to 90 each session. Clients can buy gift cards online and print them out immediately, that's a nice feature for those last minute gift givers, and they are again asked if they want to leave a tip... it's crazy how quickly my income skyrocketed. I'm beyond grateful.

OH and the best part. MindBody's customer service. I was actually offered a lower rate with another company (we'll call them Circle so I don't offend the real company) but Circle was terrible. With Circle, I waited fifteen months to get the rate I was promised and I was constantly tossed back and forth in emails and phone calls as Circle passed blame and did nothing to help my business. So I checked out MindBody. And they walked me through the software, the setup, how to use it, they even showed me how to customize everything for my business! We're talking 45 minute phone calls with this awesome customer service associate (Rep- he's so calm and intelligent and researches every question you have) EVERY WEEK until I felt comfortable using MindBody. I was terrified after trying Circle, but MindBody gave me the software, the skills, the customization, the feedback- did I mention you can run reports at any time to figure profit and taxes and such?- and as of today I stand to TRIPLE my income this year. Thank God I didn't give up after Circle. Thank God I found MindBody.

I realize I'm typing in stream-of-consciousness, I realize I'm beyond excited, but for a single mother of three running her own business who had learned to live just below the poverty level, to make such a leap in income, to have such powerful and professional software, to have the unwavering support and knowledge base of an entire team of people at MindBody- it's overwhelming. Miracle Software.

Pros

MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Cons

Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

Response from MINDBODY

Thank you for your review, Molly!

Jonna

• Customer Support Software

Hair salon owners: This is good for appointments, but its missing one MAJOR feature

Reviewed on 8/4/2016

Own a hair salon? This might be important to you too: I've been using MindBody for nearly 2 years at my salon for its online booking. I have nothing bad to say about how the online booking functions on MY end... meaning that when I log in and manage my appointments, it's pretty easy for me. It's actually REALLY easy for me and I love the way MindBody allows me to manage my appointments. So I do recommend it for this very important reason.

HOWEVER, what I don't love about this service is that, according to my website designers SetMySite (these guys are incredible btw), there's no "customizable embed code"... in business owner terms that means, when the client wants to book their appointment through the website, they click on a link on the website that takes them OUT of your website and ON TO MindBody's website. There are other salon booking applications that allow you to create a custom look and feel to the appointment booking application and "embed" it onto your website, so that your clients can actually book ON your website. MindBody offers no such feature. So why does this ruin the experience so much?

1) It looks unprofessional! We consider ourselves a very high-end salon. Sending our client to another website that doesn't match the same look and feel of our website looks amateur and unpolished. Especially since our website uses dark colors, and MindBody's is all white - it's a very ugly contrast.

2) It's not very user friendly for the client. Originally I wanted a "book now" button under each service offering on my website and I wanted to have that button automatically take the client down the path to book that specific service once they clicked on it (obviously). But I guess that wasn't so obvious for the MindBody peeps as when someone clicks on the "book now" button on my website, it just takes them to a general page where the client has to fish around for the service they JUST TRIED to book on my site and re-add it so they can book! SMH.

3) When the client is taken to the MindBody booking page, they aren't greeted with a list of services to choose from. They are greeted the the need to "sign in" to an account. How could a first time client already have an account? MindBody should know that many many clients that book online are actually first time clients! Why not make it as easy as possible for them to book online? I feel like MindBody makes it as HARD as possible for them to book the service they want through the website itself.

Pros

Excellent admin management. Wonderful for managing appointments and worth the money based on this alone. You pay more as your business grows. I have found the support to be excellent. I'm not sure why so many people here are complaining about the support. Everyone I've talked to has been really knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

No way to book appointments directly on your own website. This is a pretty big one for me obviously. The booking page for the customer is stark, confusing, and unnecessarily cumbersome. There needs to be a way to make the integration more seamless and pretty. I guess it's just very disappointing because the software and company are otherwise very good. This seems like such a no-brainer and I feel like I'm losing business because of it. This needs to be addressed.

Randall

• Customer Support Software

Not as good as they think they are

Reviewed on 1/1/2017

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months.

I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right.

They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design)

They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari.

The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to.

You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Pros

Great 24hr customer service support.
Wide range of features.
Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better
Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up.
Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers.
A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Cons

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering.

Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period.
The initial salesman made false promises.
Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers.
No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum.
Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software.
Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price.
They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy)
Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments.
Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

Zoé
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Hard to use, but a Good customer value

Reviewed on 9/4/2019

Very very very difficult to use, too much features for nothing. You had to search deep into the back-end system to change a minor feature.
Customer account was hard to manage on the administrative side.
Good software for fitness centre that only have classes. Not the better software for Sports Complex and facilities rentals.

Pros

Minbody offers a lot of features and everything is possible for the client.
Our customer could be aware of any changes in their rental or account.
Customers could have a look of our facilities schedule before calling us to rent a facility.
Customer could see Public Swim & Skate on the Mindbody Website easily.
Customer could access their account on the Mindbody App and get all the information about their course directly on the app.
Merging accounts was easy.

Cons

Very difficult to use and learn. A lot of specific terms, difficult to learn for baby-boomers employees.
Rentals could not be filtered or sort other than by transaction date. So if we booked a facility 6 months in advance, and change the date 1 months prior, changes were 4 pages before the actual rental.
There was no way to bill our client monthly.
We used it for more than a year and a half and our employees was still having issues with basics and daily steps.

SmartRec

Facilities management
Stephanie

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Cons

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I needed more functionality than it provided. Honestly, I also tried Booker, Full Slate, and Massage Book.

Bookeo

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

It came recommended from my mentor.
Lori

MINDBODY software

Reviewed on 8/31/2019

I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Pros

Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Cons

Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

Chelsey

Amazing and dissapointing

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Did a great job compiling competitive software services that we need for our business.

Pros

Very easy to use once you get set up and figure it out how to make it work for your business. Before MindBody changed their software capabilities... again... there was so much flexibility in how to use the software and it has so many very applicable functions for multiple business types. Customer service has ALWAYS been amazing and the interface is very customer friendly. It also has a great app for online booking.

Cons

How much the program changes in terms of the way the interface is used; every "update" has made the system very complicated for our businesses use, and we would constantly be retraining our employees how to use get around the new changes to use the software as we originally purchased it for. As of a month ago, they just implemented a new payment tier system that has limited our previous uses and is forcing us to pay an additional (went from to get most of the functions back and a bunch we don't want or will ever use for our business. Which leads us to our final issue... MindBody is constantly upping their prices. We have been with them for 5 years (???) and every year they are charging us more. In summary, too many changes with little warning, new functions are being implied that we don't want nor will use but are expected to pay for, and capabilities we had before we are now expected to pay more for after years of access. We wished we could have stayed with them, but they seemed to have outgrown our business and overshoot our needs.

Jeff
  • Industry: Cosmetics

• Customer Support Software

Missing basic functions that a small business can't afford to be without

Reviewed on 7/28/2021

Pros

It's well known so your clients will recongnise it. Not suitable for spa or salon, maybe it's ok for gyms or classes.

Cons

1. No option to take a deposit at the time of booking! Only an option to do it manually and pray that customers will do it of thier own accord or pay a staff member to sift through all your appointments and call people. Mindbody will only force customers to pay in full at the time of booking (very agressive) or pay nothing and leave your business a sitting duck for no-shows. Ridiculous in 2021. Quick way to kill a small business with constant no-shows and wasted time. Seems like such a basic function that every software should have!!!!

2. Mindbody does not play nice with others, you are forced to use thier POS system and pay astronomical processing fees. Venmo, paypal and quickbooks offer merchant processing for much less but there is zero viable option to intergrate them. POS system options from them are also from the dinosaur ages, no option for contactless? ITS 2021!!!!

3. Confirmation emails/texts can not be customized depending on appointment type, this leaves you unable to customize anything thats automatically sent and only allows you to enforce blanket policies. Not good enough for such expensive software and not suitable for spas or salons offering various different services.