Cloudflare

4.3/5

Diego M.

One or the best CDNs!

Reviewed on 2020-10-01

Pros

The overall experience with them has been great. It’s not only simple to setup, but also they have a huge documentation library where you can get a lot of information: from them, compatibility with other softwares, best configurations, etc.

The results you get by just getting their free plan are more than enough for small-medium companies. Also, they hace more than 150 servers around the world, so the performance results are really great, even comparing with some other paid services.

Cons

Nothing to add here. My overall experience was really good. I never had an issue or had to get in touch with support. When ever I had a doubt, I was able to solve them just by checking their documentation library.

Megan J.

Great free CDN

Reviewed on 2021-04-04

I started using Cloudflare after learning how CDNs could improve site speed. My site speed wasn't great and I had tried literally everything else so I figured it was time to try a CDN. I did a lot of research and Cloudflare seemed to be the best and most secure network. Although it didn't improve my site speed, I still had an overall good experience with it. If I ever went back to using a CDN for reasons other than site speed, I would choose Cloudflare again.

Pros

The free plan is great for small to medium-sized websites. It has all you need at no cost! Customer service is excellent. I reached out to them several times because I had questions about the setup process and they always got back to me very fast.

Cons

It is not the most user-friendly software. It's complicated to set up and takes some time to learn your way around it. It also did not improve my site speed by much. I installed Cloudflare mainly to improve my site speed but the improvement was very small.

Hashan D.
  • Industry: Animation

My Experience with Cloudflare

Reviewed on 2021-06-24

With cloudflare I was able to accelerate the speed of my website.
I was also able to protect my website's data because cloudflare encrypted my data by a SSL certificate.
And also I was able to grow my business with the help of cloudflare's analytical service.

Pros

Cloudflare is a web security flat form so I'm using it as the security provider for my website.
The thing that I most like about Clouflare is the enhancement and acceleration of the speed of my website ,
at initially my website took more than 5 seconds to load but after I stated using Clouflare the loading speed increased to 1.2 seconds and it also helped me to grow my SEO.
Another thing that I love about cloudflare is the web security provided by cloudflare, Cloudflare provided a SSL certificate to my website and encrypted my data and enhanced the security of my website. Because of this SSL certificate I was able to bring more clients into my website. So I can gladly clarify that the best web security provider is Clouflare.

Clouflare is doing the best when we are coming to reporting/analytics. Cloudflare's Analytical service helps my business to grow more because it shows us the all details of the user activities on my website.
so I love Cloudflare's analytical service.

Cons

In my experience I wasn't able to find any cons regarding cloudflare services because cloudflare team has developed cloudflare to the greatest point.

Kunal D.

Make Your Site Secure and Blazing Fast

Reviewed on 2021-05-28

My overall experience with Cloudflare is great. Have been using since last 5+ years. Since 2019 they have launched many more product offerings. I use their DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams for my WordPress powered blog.

Pros

Offers an wonderful free plan.
Easy to switch on/off features.
Easy to migrate from other providers.
Fastest DNS in the World.
Firewall Rules to block certain URLs.
Cloudflare Access and Teams to protect my WordPress Backend.
Early adopters of new technologies like HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, etc...
Free DDoS protection.
Hides your email id from bots.
Know your site speed.
Free Origin certificates.

Cons

Plans are based on features which is different than the industry.
Less page rules for free plan.
Don't like the captchas.
Rate limit 404s and Bypass cache on cookie available only on Business plan.

Abel B.

Great for website owners

Reviewed on 2021-02-07

Wouldn't switch to any other service for now, it works well for us.

Pros

Without Cloudflare's free services running on all our sites, we'd probably have to pay more for webhosting and spend tons protecting and preventing our sites from spam/bot traffic. Since we run many content sites and have added them to cloudflare, not only have we managed to halve our hosting bill but we've also managed to speed up our sites in the process as well all while using the free plan that has almost everything you need.

The free CLOUDFLARE SSL too means we don't have to pay for that. Cloudflare also has one of the fastest DNS propagation on the internet, unlike other providers who'd instruct you to wait 24 hours for full propagation all over the internet, with Cloudflare it's finished in minutes, not more than 2 hours in the worst case scenario. I also like that you can setup unlimited sites on the free plan, we currently have 10 websites on Cloudflare and its great.

The AlwaysOnline technology too is good as it makes your website appear online even when your hosting server is done, great when you have a static site. Caching and seriously many other features that makes it a fantastic idea to jump on.

Cons

While most of the basic features are available for free users, the real paid features are $20 a month per site, not much when you have one or two sites but when you're hitting the 10th mark, take a toll on the wallet.

Lucas P.

Amazing services and only getting better

Reviewed on 2020-04-26

I run DNS for all my hosting business through Cloudflare. The base-level firewall and caching keeps so much traffic from reaching my servers out of the box that I don't know what I'd do without it.

Once you add in manually-configured firewall rules and specific cache instructions, both malicious traffic and legit requests overloading my servers drops even further.

The API integration also allows me to add firewall rules based on alerts about malicious activity that I receive from things like fail2ban on my servers. This pushes the IP blocking one step further away from a single server and also protects my entire network of servers and sites from a malicious IP that has triggered a report from one server/site in the newtork.

Pros

Really fast updates to zone records
Amazing firewall and DDOS protection keep server load under control
Edge cache speeds TTFB and keeps origin server bandwidth low
JS Workers are AWESOME and come with a great free tier
Great admin UI

Cons

I exclusively use the free tier for 40 domains and I really can't think of a single thing that CloudFlare could offer at this price that I could reasonably expect to get for free. I would be sunk without the free tier and am totally grateful for all they offer.

Antonio M.

The best CDN available

Reviewed on 2021-02-22

If you need a CDN, look no further. Cloudflare has your back. You can also optimize your website for faster loading just by pressing a few toggles in their interface. The interface is clean and nice, and very friendly to use. We have all of our websites and all of the websites we made behind Cloudflare, and I can't imagine how it would be without it. In one case it sped up the load time by a factor of six.

Pros

The basic version of Cloudflare is free and yet does more than some other paid for solutions. All of our pages are behind Cloudflare and it has saved us amazing amounts of bandwidth. We rely on it when our comics go live as we can get quite a number of people reading them simultaneously, and without Cloudflare caching it would be a disaster.

Cons

Nothing to put here, as I've only had amazing experience with Cloudflare. It is a tried and tested solution that just keeps on giving.

Cloudflare is for professionals.

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Pros

I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Cons

I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Esra K.

• Customer Support Software

Easily protect your websites!

Reviewed on 2018-03-09

Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Pros

Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency.

You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites.

Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

Cons

You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.

• Industry: Online Media

What i think of Cloudflare

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

Cloudflare has saved my business from over one million attacks since i started using it. It has also saved me a whole lot of bandwidth. Cloudflare is super cool.

Pros

Cloudflare's basic security features are totally free. Cloudflare also comes in with an effective anti ddos feature, a keep alive feature, a powerful cache system and a wonderful firewall settings, of which you can add your own firewall rules.

Cons

Its price. Cloudflare's pricing is for established businesses who can afford their premium services. If you can afford it, it is worth every penny. I personally have no major issues with cloudflare

Jorgen P.

Best reverse proxy CDN around

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

Cloudflare is a great tool to secure and improve the performance of any website. It may not be the right fit for large scale apps, but for 90% of apps, Cloudflare is a must.

Pros

Cheap pricing outside of enterprise
Great caching and uptime performance
Tons of security and performance features available out of the box

Cons

Pricing for the Enterprise plan is pricy
Cannot have more than 5 load pools on a Business plan
Support primarily shifts the blame on the customer when it's an issue on their end

Kent K.

• Customer Support Software

I don't use any other DNS provider for my or my client's sites

Reviewed on 2018-06-08

Improves a website's performance and security.

Pros

Cloudflare is my goto DNS, CDN and Security provider. In my opinion, they are the best of the best. If you have a domain on the web, you should be using Cloudflare, it's just that simple. They'll cache your website, compress code, make it faster and secure it all at the same time.

Cons

The pricing is beginning to climb but for what you get I think the value is still there. Even their free version has more going for it than other DNS providers.

• Industry: Music

Free version offers some great features

Reviewed on 2019-01-08

Originally was using to provide free SSL certs, since letsencrypt has became much more common the benefits of this functionality are less than they once were, although still offers some great functionality

Pros

I've used cloudflare on numerous projects, it's very easy to use and provides a host of features, even on a free account

Standout features include

High availability
CDN
DDOS Protection
SSL certificates

Cons

Prices for paid versions are somewhat expensive if you only want certain features, specifically CDN

Isabelle F.
  • Industry: Music

CloudFlare: Best DNS Management and Free SSL

Reviewed on 2018-11-26

Best experience!

Pros

I've been using CloudFlare for years, be it the free version, pro and enterprise. They are simply amazing. Great analytics, free or custom SSL certificates, full DNS management, and great protections like WAF and DDOS protection.

Cons

Enterprise plan is too pricey. Support for free accounts take sometimes more than 48 hours.

Desiree C.
  • Industry: Design

Protection for your Website

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

Cloudflare has been a huge benefit for our client websites. Secure. Fast. Easy. Professional.

Pros

We have been using Cloudflare for our client websites for several years. We have been very happy with their service. Having security and protection is an added benefit for our websites.

Cons

We wish the secure certificate data was displayed better.

• Customer Support Software

Free version is all I need

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

I have been using CloudFlare for over two years now and I use the Free plan with all of my websites. It is hands-down my favorite way to manage DNS, page rules, DDoS protection, caching, and much more. Considering my sites don't get a lot of traffic, its perfect!

Pros

Caching, DNS, DDoS Protection, and Page Rules are awesome!

Cons

No complaints. Error reporting would be pretty cool

Saif A.

Website Saviour From Network attack

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Overall 10 out of 10 for cloudfare

Pros

One of the best features of Cloudfare is it's DOS attack. It to secure website from unknown hijacking. Also cloudfare provide bandwidth save option that help you to save your server resources.

Cons

Nothing is bad while using Cloudfare. It is good.

Reiner K.
  • Industry: Design

Cloudflare security

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

Quick and reliable caching of web access for visitors, reducing server load, protecting from most attacks.

Pros

Simple and easy setup, intuitive controls, instant actionable settings, free SSL certificates, inside details, complete package.

Cons

As with all major packages, solutions are first to be found by digging in the fora.

Michael C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

CloudFlare Rules the Internet

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

Pros

An incredible feature set at the free level, with fantastic CDN and firewall control. They're constantly working to bring new options as well (such as domain registration!)

Cons

No live support options via phone or chat as of yet.

Ernesto enrique F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

The most complete and easy to use DNS Administrator

Reviewed on 2018-12-29

With Cloudflare, I now easily manage all the DNS of my web applications without much effort and it works very well.

Pros

Cloudflare is the best DNS administrator I have tried so far. Migrating from your service provider to Cloudflare is instantaneous, the application scans your addresses and automatically adds them, prevents DDoS attacks even with its free version and includes a free SSL certificate. You can manage cache from the service and if you have the paid version you can use the platform as CDN for your applications. The best.

Cons

I would like to write something bad about the service but until now I have not been able to find anything. The interface is great, good features and it works excellent. It has nothing wrong so far.

• Industry: Information Services

Cloudflare is free and very useful for the webmasters

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

Pros

We are using the cloudflare for all of websites. They are providing the free cloud, caching and ssl services to the webmasters. We can also purchase the other services as per our requirement. After using this our website is loading fast. It also blocks Dos and DDos attacks.

Cons

Everything is working fine for us. We are not facing any issues with cloudflare.

Joanne M.

The best DDOS Protection and CDN

Reviewed on 2018-07-06

protection from ddos and faster website

Pros

We had some issues with tons of traffic originating from an IOT attack, after this we did move our business to Cloudflare who did not only stop the attacks but it also improve our site speed and in turn our visitors become customers. Cloudflare should be a must for every website

Cons

The caching style is something of an acquired taste, it has tons of options but sometimes it only works when you delete all cache, for fast modifications and customizations turn it off

Peter R.

Easy way to speed up and secure any website

Reviewed on 2021-04-30

We use Cloudflare on most of our projects where the budget allows it.

Pros

Cloudflare combines many extremely useful features - cache-ing, optimizing and securing websites. It would cost you a fortune to implement anything like this on your own, so it's well worth investing in.

Cons

Free plans are a bit limited and even the lowest paid plan is a little bit pricey. But when you think of what it offers to you and how much would it cost to develop it by yourself, it's a no brainer.

Silviu C.
  • Industry: Computer Games

• Customer Support Software

Great CDN and tons of other protection tools

Reviewed on 2018-07-07

Pros

It was intended as a complete firewall protection toolkit, it does whatever you want to protect you and your users from server IP obfuscation to caching pages or images, to always online feature. One of the best freeware softwares and website on the market.
You will not find all those tools bundled at this great price

Cons

The system it has it;s tweaks depending on the website platform or code you are using, a good programmer will understand it just a few hours.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Had one huge security flaw

Reviewed on 2019-04-19

Pros

Cloudflare is pretty robust in terms of functionality and features to route and anyalyze requests to your server. If you are at a large professional firm, this is a pretty reliable company/app to use.

Cons

There was a huge security flaw back in 2017 when it was discovered that search engines were caching users information. This was a very bad incident for a lot of firms that used cloudflare, especially because security is so important.