UKG Pro

Jeremie
  • Industry: Legal Services

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 1/26/2019

I used it every day for four years and I got used to it. Despite how used to it I was, it still gave me issues with small things like PTO requests. That being said, they also made some helpful updates that made life easier. Before the updates, it would allow me to clock on or off twice by mistake, but after the updates it gave a warning saying "you've already clocked on" if you tried to clock on again. Nifty.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and I can favorite certain items to keep on my dashboard for easy clicking.

Cons

Submitting Paid Time Off requests was a nightmare. It often times messed up what I was trying to do, and it almost always gave some sort of error.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

Over promise and under deliver

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

I expected better customer service, less limitation and a more seamless transition. We sent the employee demographic report to UKG and they left off multiple employees, messed up the ID#'s and etc. So be sure to double check their uploads.

Their staff is either not properly trained or understaff based on the service we received from them. Note that once you've launched your module, you only have 30 days with your consultant before they ghost you. Once that time period lapses, you have to put in tickets to get any issue resolved. Even issues that were caused during the implementation by the consultant, they will not fix it.

Pros

Great sales team. Some modules were easier to launch than others. Nice people. Definitely a software that is in demand so they have plenty of clients.

Cons

As titled, probably the worst implementation I've ever rolled out. I've launched at least 3 different vendors in my career and never have I experienced such terrible customer service. Definitely not apart of UKG's goal. Wait time was obnoxiously long. We were told in [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that we could launch our Benefits module by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] We're in [SENITIVE CONTENT]and we've not launched all of our benefits module. Expect to add on 2-4 weeks to any wait time you have. Prepare to have multiple members on the employers side to help launch because you will have different UKG Consultants, Lead Integration, Account managers and etc. The initial calls you have with the consultants for the modules are a waste of time. They call just to introduce themselves and tell you how long the process is and then they schedule additional calls for implementation. I rather just skip to the implementation since you can also do the introduction during that call.

You do not get fully trained on every module, they expect you to watch trainings or go to their UKG Community and see how other clients solve their questions/problems. So if you have a small team, steer clear from choosing UKG.

Mobile app is very limited. This is also the ONLY way an employee can upload a photo. You cannot upload photos via the web, unless an Admin or HR uploads every employees photo. Mobile app is super archaic. The Time keeping system is in a different app called UKG READY but everything HR data is in the UKG Pro app.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Over promised on many things so we switched only to find out there were some limitations. We also switched because it made better sense for the Finance team.

BambooHR, Paylocity and OnePoint HCM
Nicole
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Terrible product

Reviewed on 4/25/2019

Poor experience. Implementation team isn’t great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they can’t effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, you’ll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesn’t always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros

If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons

Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isn’t seamless and features and functionality aren’t well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to use Ultimate. Same thing for time and attendance - the user functionality and interface isn’t at all intuitive or friendly. That product looks and feels like it was built 20 years ago. Go with something else and don’t pay to use Ultimate, as it will slow things done for hiring managers, employees and HR. These types of problems are pervasive with the tool and, as a result, it may make sense to only use Ultimate for simple payroll processing and very basic core HR. Anything more and you’ll be overpaying for outdated software.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Jo
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Ultipro

Reviewed on 11/14/2022

Pros

It's the hub for a lot of payroll and time off data, easily accesible.

Cons

There are often issues with the pages loading.

Jeannette
  • Industry: Automotive

AAA Human Resources Review of UKG Pro

Reviewed on 9/8/2021

I am very happy with this product. We have added several additional UKG modules to the core system and they all work well together.

Pros

The SSO feature, all the modules and the core system work around single sign on. So no multiple signing in.

Cons

The benefit side of the system needs more work. We do not have Benefit Prime. We are using what was provided in the core system.

Dayforce HCM, ADP Workforce Now and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Wanted to get away from the cost of installing and maintaining a system.

Oracle PeopleSoft

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

The SAAS environment. We did not want to have to install upgrades and maintain the system. Also it had the features we were looking for at a more affordable price.
Megan
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

Reviewed on 5/26/2020

We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve.

The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips.

It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Old system we were using and needed something with more features, accessibility and ease of use.

Sage CRM

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

Had all the bells and whistles we were looking for, all products in one that we needed and a good customer sales experience.
Isabelle

Recent Company Switch to UKG Pro

Reviewed on 8/25/2022

Overall UKG has cut down on some of the time it took our HR department to hire new employees on payroll, as the integration between onboarding, recruiting and PRO transfers that data. It is also an easier product for our end users to learn.

Pros

We recently switched over to UKG PRO from our legacy system and legacy ATS. UKG provides the functionality that we need all in one place and decreases the additional work we had to do. The integration between PRO and recruiting allows candidates to easily enter the database. The onboarding feature is very clear and improves the candidate onboarding experience. Everything from the branding to the setup is very customizable and allows you to set up the product exactly how you want it.

In switching to their product, you are also provided with lots of additional support from your setup team, which is great.

Cons

There is some functionality missing from the recruiting module of UKG. At this moment, the texting feature is not available, which was a critical piece of our legacy ATS. There is also some other functionality, such as grouping questions together for a job posting that is not currently available. We have found we need to use external applications on top of UKG to be able to meet our recruiting and onboarding needs.

Anna

Alright

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Pros

Once I understood how to use the program, I had a easy time navigating the schedule.

Cons

The program takes a while to learn. There’s not an easy way to learn without being on it constantly.

Brian
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

UKG Pro makes it easy to manage your payroll

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Pros

The best features of this product is that it has a one stop shop for all of the needs for payroll and HR. It is very simple to use and employees love it

Cons

I would like a little more sleek interface, but thats a small ask considering everything else it does

Shravya
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviews on UKG Pro

Reviewed on 12/26/2022

Pros

Our company has been using UKG Pro to help in payrolls, tracking leaves of the employees. It can be accessed anywhere,anytime and supports both web app and mobile app.

Cons

Getting customer support sometimes is hard and frustrating

Peggy
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Ultimate Software

Reviewed on 2/14/2020

I have started this year to use the PPACA system which is great! It reduces the manual work involved when the system does it for you. Benefits are great. Looking forward some day to upgrading that to your Prime Benefits. Your Open Enrollment looks cleaner in Prime Benefits.

Pros

This software is people-friendly, all inclusive for processes in our departments. The Support is awesome and timely. The education is outstanding with individual one-on-one, webinars, videos and updates. Communication on what's happening at Ultimate Software, what's new, updates, is ever on spot.

Cons

I'm still working on understanding the Business Intelligence. It seems complicated.

Jacob

Good, but not perfect

Reviewed on 9/8/2021

UKG is beneficial to our organization and if you are able to put in the time up front, you can make things work to your advantage. Once you understand the system, it is easy to use. However, it does take work up front.

Pros

The time management program, as well as the ability to manage employee information and benefits.

Cons

The reporting function could be improved. At the very least, more training sources could be beneficial for the BI functionality.

Lauren

• Customer Support Software

Lots of show, not much substance

Reviewed on 12/19/2019

Terrible, you're so frustrated with their system and the employees you talk to don't seem to care, but boy do they love their jobs. Honestly its the strangest thing.

Pros

It looks good at first glance- clean look for employees

Cons

Where do I start: implementation was terrible- their team messed up our data, and we are still dealing with the fall out-example they added taxes on our employees(a whole office) incorrectly, bonuses were doubled etc. Promises of feeds being created never occur- still not done and what has been done is incorrect. Reporting, is a nightmare- so much capability, but impossible to use unless you are a programmer or something (and we are a tech company and I have had programmers look at it and can't figure it out). You call Ultipro and that act like the most basic things you should have to pay extra for to have them do. This is actually my second company I've used Ultipro for (I know how did I do this again) so I am very familiar at this point with the system and it still is very hard to use or remember the pathways to get to things, because it is so convoluted for admins. They added a new time system that is terrible- doesn't show basic things like weekly time totals. Onboarding is a nightmare bc we like to keep track of contractors in the system and they act like they've never heard of such a thing (but like we have this system to get off of spreadsheets right?) Just all around terrible, and its frustrating bc it seems like it could be a great system, they've just spread themselves too thin and while all systems function basically, they don't function fluidly together and a lot of the time you can't report easily on what you've spent so much time getting into the system.

Jeanne

• Customer Support Software

UltiPro is a great investment

Reviewed on 2/27/2019

We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing.
Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved.
A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates.
Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms.
In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically.
And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Nathan

• Customer Support Software

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

Reviewed on 7/29/2018

I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Reviewed on 3/19/2018

Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Customer Support Software

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

Reviewed on 10/23/2018

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros

It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with.

I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well.

As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons

It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

Annette

We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees

Reviewed on 11/14/2017

Access to all employees HR files

Pros

I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cons

There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.

Anthony
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

From standard to high performing

Reviewed on 9/10/2021

Excellent, the best thing was the merger with Kronos, it catapulted UKG in a higher performance bracket with Workday .

Pros

The constant improvement making it more user friendly, ease for HR Core, set up, work flows
the world evolves with technology advancing every year, UKG must constantly update keeping up with the changes in modern working, technology updates.

Cons

The BI reporting is not user friendly, getting in touch with a BI specialist is not easy,
there is just some functions that a client is not certain about that makes decision making a bit difficult
it is easy to read up on a basic function but some need more detail

Brian

Ultipro a huge success

Reviewed on 7/18/2019

I have been working with Ultipro programming for the past 4 years and I've never personally never had an issue other than trying to access the top bar options such as w-2, direct deposit info, profile

Pros

It gives you a breakdown of your paycheck, accrued time off, vacation, benefits etc.
Easy access once you have your login info

Cons

Sometimes hard to access the top bar options w-2 and such.
Cant change any info on it unless its through HR

ADP Workforce Now

Simplified straight forward

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

Better interface, straight forward.
Katie
  • Industry: Automotive

UKG- Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/23/2022

RUN AWAY. FAST! Do not spend your money on this system. There are many other out there that provide great personalized service and training.

Pros

The only nice thing about this software is that it has a mobile app- which most payroll systems do. Also, every once in a while, you will call in to the Customer Care portal and get someone that knows how to help. Those instances are few and far between, but they happen!

Cons

Where do I start?
1) Communication: AWFUL. No personal contact with a UKG rep. There is not one person we can call when we have issues. We are always directed to the main call center and sometimes are given a case number and wait DAYS before someone calls back to assist with an issue. They only give you attention during implementation and then POOF- You are on your own.
2) System changes/updates: Since the merge with Kronos, Ulitmate (now UKG), has made system changes that make simple tasks for the administrator impossible. Their menus make no sense; finding information takes forever and is not user friendly.
3) Reporting: Their BI system is so bulky and hard to use. If you want training, they direct you to pre-made videos (cannot ask questions) or you have to pay thousands for a personal training. I had to run a simple report the other day and it took an hour to build. The people that designed this system clearly don't use it.
4) OVERALL- This software gets the job done but it takes double the time with little to no customer service, horrible reporting and zero training that lead to daily headaches.

Cindy

Why UltiPro

Reviewed on 2/14/2020

UltiPro has saved me significant time in doing my payroll and my overall HR needs.

Pros

UltiPro is very easy to use and I have information at the touch of my fingertips. It is easy to log onto and start using right away. It is a very friendly system and easy to find information. If I am unable to do something the ulit-university is just a click away or I can always create a case and get a call back within 24 hours. The ulti staff are excellent and are always helpful. I can always log on anywhere and complete my work.

Cons

The mobile app does not always work for my employees to clock in and out on. Would like to be able to approve time prior to payroll without having to approve every sheet.

UltiPro Review

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

UltiPro is used by our entire company. People can view payroll information enroll in health benefits during open enrollment. As a member of the HR team, I use it for employment verification, salary analyis, and much more. The system helps me do my job and become a more efficient HR member.

Pros

The system is user-friendly and easy to navigate. We can also add additional features if we choose to. Great customer service and support.

Cons

I wasn't a big fan of the performance management module. The employee's had some confusion around the process. We only used it once so maybe the second time will be better.

Brittney

Great for managing HR/Accounting Info

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Pros

I used Ultipro at my most recent job and I loved having quick online access to my pay stubs, benefits, etc. I was able to enroll in benefits very easily and I received my W-2 much faster by opting in for an electronic document. Having this platform even helped me during a busy time in my life where I had to find a new apartment and purchase a car within the same week (job moved). Having proof of income on hand at all times is one of the best benefits of having Ultipro. I can get whatever I need without adding anything to HR or Accounting's workload.

Cons

The worst part about having Ultipro had shown itself around review time. The platform was absolutely not intuitive and the entire company had a hard time submitting reviews. The way the questions were worded was so odd and the instructions were so vague and unclear. We eventually had to move the due date for reviews and give all of the managers an additional 30 days to complete reviews because no one knew what to do. It was ridiculous.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Brittney, thank you for your feedback. We value your insights and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Have a wonderful day!

Nicole
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

UKG falls short of expectations

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

If you are a small company (200 or less) and do not need to make corrections for employees who should not have had pretax benefits, FICA taxes withheld, anything else that requires a void and reissue of a check, and or an amendment, you will love this system. Unfortunately, UKG needs serious help with the tax filing team and a complete makeover with adjustments. While they have improved pieces of this over the years, they need the ability to process quarter-to-dat adjustments rather than one check at a time! Also, they do not have a YTD payroll register with employee and employer taxes. (employee only, however you can have their product team create this for 5K.)

Pros

I like the ease of process payroll, retros, off-cycles and manual checks.

Cons

If you are a tax filing customer, UKG must set up taxes and they do not always do it correctly, the tax filing team is extremely far behind when it comes to processing simple amended returns (1 yr 1/2+), they still require each check to be voided and reposted, which is archaic and causes banking issues and most their Rapid Response Team are not knowledgeable and obviously not trained well. I have always had high hopes that things would improve with UKG, but they are not keeping up with the technology needed to improve their processes. They need to offer the ability to adjustment wages/deductions for employees by quarter.