Wix

6,461 reviews

Ansh R.

Professional Website Builder Platform To Manage Client Business

Reviewed on 2021-09-25

Wix is a best website development platform that makes it easy for businesses to create multiple websites. It provides an affordable paid option, so we can choose the best option for our business to develop a client website. By using wix, we can save a lot of money in purchasing website hosting. Wix provides advanced features like drag and drop page building, simple editing tools, powerful but easy to use Online Store Builder and more. In digital marketing paid advertisement, our marketing team required landing pages for multiple product promotions. So we used wix and created multiple responsive landing pages to save time. It is a powerful ecommerce software, we can manage client online portals and increase business sales online.

Pros

• Easy to create a stunning responsive website, blog and online store.
• Develop a website quickly without Hard coding or programming skills.
• No limits on storage or bandwidth to run multiple client websites.
• We can create and host business websites on wix secure server easily.
• Thousands of professional website templates options for business websites.
• Save time and money by using wix for organization clients.
• Easily manage multiple business clients' websites on wix platform.

Cons

Only one issue, we have faced with Wix, No custom code option found for website development. All codes are predefined.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Easy to manage multiple client website. Various advanced option available in wix in compression of shopify.
Hari P.

• Customer Support Software

A Perfect Website Builder.

Reviewed on 2021-07-01

I had a very pleasant experience using Wix to build my personal site. It's features helped me speed up the process and make a beautiful site in a very short time period.

Pros

Wix is all about simplicity and functionality. Its very easy to use and has a very simplified workflow. You can easily get started with Wix and build your very own website. It gives you the push you need while starting to build a site. It uses AI to simplify your job an can build a site with just a few few information that you provide it with. It has a huge library of images, videos and templates which helps you to make your website more appealing.

Cons

I don't like it sometimes crashing on me. And the slow loading times could be worked upon. Everything else is fine for me.

Mark T.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

A solid no to low-code offering, with frequent new enhancements

Reviewed on 2021-08-04

Very positive for our studio's needs, where presentation and design are on par with utility. Wis is not going to work for those who are hard-core, coder-only types.

Pros

Truly a no-code option for those needing that, and a low-code option being brought up to speed with the new Velo offering. Ascend Marketing platform add-on is a good value for the faeture set. Support is almost always exceptional.

Cons

Not pleased with some of the awkward interface issues with Velo, the coding aspect of the platform. It has a ways to go before I would consider it mature and offerting some of the same parity on CMS features.

Avash K.

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Reviewed on 2021-02-13

Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to design websites for clients with small businesses who want to be able to edit details themselves as editing is easy too.

With Wix, an above-average computer user can create a professional-looking website and even average computer user can edit websites. I generally get $14 per month plan which doesn't show ADs and gives more than enough storage for most websites. I guess $14 per month for a website is a pretty good price.

Another thing I like most about Wix is automatic backups which makes sure that we never lose any information.

Cons

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible.

Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Eli M.

• Customer Support Software

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

Reviewed on 2020-09-22

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Shopify and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)
Ko-ko O.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 2020-07-21

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Cons

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.
Navia B.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

• Customer Support Software

Get your site the way you want it !

Reviewed on 2020-05-28

I have been using Wix since I was a kid to build fun websites and blogs and at the tender age of 23, I can say my opinion still stands and I absolutely love Wix. I will always recommend this to anyone starting out and would like to personalize their site to their liking without dishing out a bunch of money. I have not had any issues thus far using the software and I have been using it for well over 10 years.

Pros

If you have never dabbled in website or graphic design, Wix provides you with all of the tools you would ever need to successfully build and launch a website. You do not need to have a background in web design to accomplish the look of a professionally built site. Over the years I have built many sites and the feedback I would get is all courtesy of the easy to use built in website design tools. I have gotten so many people especially older and less tech savvy to build their site via Wix and they absolutely love it. There are so many features, even a feature to create your own personal logo for FREE; yes for free. Wix provides options for all levels of businesses so you can access all of the design features for free with certain exceptions. But as beginner anything you would need to build a site is 100% free and easy to use.

Cons

I wish Wix would add additional monthly plan options. I feel as though that as a beginner the free option suffices but I would like to pay for the additional features on a need to basis versus paying for an entire plan with features I do not care to use. This is not a major con but it is my least liked feature of this software.

Caleb W.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ranges from "good" to "superb", depending on use case

Reviewed on 2020-05-08

Overall a great experience. Wix excels in creating visually stunning websites with ease. It is featureful and intuitive.

One's experience does depend on the use case, however. Wix seems to be optimally configured for the artist-type: photographers, musicians, fashion/lifestyle bloggers, etc. It is less optimal for the "techie-type", e.g., programmers, engineers, mathematicians, etc. It is still pretty good in the latter cases, but I'd probably only recommend 7/10 for "techies". On the other hand, if you're an artist-type and fit squarely within the provided templates, then I would 10/10 recommend.

Pros

With Wix, it is fast and easy to create a visually compelling website. Coding skills or previous web design experience are not required.

You start out by choosing a template specific to your needs (e.g., blogging, business site, photography, CV/portfolio, and others). The templates are high quality and there appears to be a wide selection. Once you make a selection, you enter the web editor and can start customizing the default elements ("Elements" here refers to things like text boxes, headers, backgrounds, embedded media, widgets, etc.) You can also add your own elements. All of this is done with intuitive graphical controls, no coding necessary.

If I recall correctly, the process of custom domain registration was not difficult; they guide you through the steps. Or you can use a provided Wix domain for no additional cost. Whatever the specifics, I remember it being any easy process. They host your website on their own servers, so you don't have to worry about that part either.

Cons

The graphical user interface is slow. This may be unavoidable given the nuts and bolts happening behind the scenes while you move around and edit elements. But it definitely is annoying.

Sometimes the graphical interface does not do exactly what you want -- simple examples being the exact positioning of elements and rendering of text or images. It also may be difficult to customize outside the bounds of the provided templates, e.g., I could not find an easy way to display math equations. There appears to be a "Dev Mode" where you can configure the nuts and bolts of the underlying code, but I have not tried this.

Finally, the pricing seemed expensive for personal use, e.g., if you are a student just trying to set up a CV/portfolio site.

Ada L.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

Reviewed on 2020-04-03

WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Chelsea J.
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used for 2+ years

The most user-friendly website builder

Reviewed on 2019-12-07

I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Pros

The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Cons

Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text style or size, without adding a "header" in an auto-formatted style, I can just change them to my liking without arguing with the automatic formatting.

That said, I'm sure this very feature is helpful to others who aren't so detail retentive.

One that just jumped to mind was the image gallery builder. It seems simple enough at first but the more I try to customize and adjust it, the more tedious the selection and addition process is. Maybe streamline that a little more?

WordPress and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix is what I cut my teeth on in college, so after taking the others for a spin in other classes, I came right back to Wix when it came time to build the flagship of my online presence. I have no regrets.
Sarah O.

• Customer Support Software

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

Reviewed on 2019-10-14

I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Pros

I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Cons

I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I initially chose Wix due to the price. Once I started getting into the website design, I learned that Wix is MUCH easier to use than both alternative products. You really don't need to have any code or HTML knowledge and I can build the structure of a brand new exciting website in just a few minutes.
Summer A.
  • Industry: Import & Export

• Customer Support Software

Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that).
The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Pros

The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily.
Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago.
The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit).
I was even able to add a blog page to the site.
If someone messaged from the site it got through.
In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive.
To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Cons

If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates.
There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

Robert L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality.

Reviewed on 2019-08-24

All in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.

Pros

Super easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.

Cons

I had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

All in all, it came down to the fact that Wix had better marketing.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

As mentioned above the marketing was better - they offered me a 50% off deal for the first year.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The Best Website Creator for emergency Use and for small businesses without any knowledge of...

Reviewed on 2019-07-22

I am currently studying in India for Post graduate degree in Management and Research, and also also working part time in my Brother's online Grocery Store and Wix worked for me initially we first tried to get a good website without spending much and Wix actually worked amazingly. Even now, whenever I am in need of a website urgently I use Wix to get things done but again, I do never recommend any student or web developer to go through Wix

Pros

Wix is the best and easiest way to build a website for those who wants a good website in no time. Wix has a nice user interface and is accessible with normal computers and mobile devices. There's no need of coding, just to get an idea, think over it and use the drag and drop feature and we are good to go. The pricing of Wix is also good, there's no need to be concern about the cost of getting a good website because everything is done and even if we try the free features it will harm nothing. Wix is good for those who wants a good website in a hurry or without writing any code or to get a website for quick purposes like for small businesses. Wix is also good for those who don't actually want to learn Web development because everything is done without any coding. Those who can't afford a good web developer for their small business or start-ups can use Wix.

Cons

Though, getting everything done without any coding is a good deal but only for those who don't want to learn web development and just need a website for their small businesses or startups because one can learn nothing other than dragging and dropping things which is quite a cheap thing for a Web developer or a student, So I do never recommend a student or a Web developer to go with Wix. Also, Wix has a lots of problems like there's a problem of customizing the pages exactly according to our choice because everything is done by itself automatically and hence most of the required features are not there and we can't build them according to our imaginations.

Scott U.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Wix websites for beginners to experts!

Reviewed on 2018-10-29

Great experience with Wix, I would use this, and have suggested it to many of my friends. The ease of use, for an intermediate website person like myself made it a no brainer. I was really happy with the support as well as the tutorial videos and step by steps that Wix provides in order to make your job easier are great. I update my website every week, and Wix is so easy to do it on. I use google docs and excel sheets that are linked to my site, and display without issues.

Wix makes making Websites easy!

Pros

I created my first "real" website using Wix. I inherited a site that has been previously been posted on a different out of the box site. I looked at the other provider, and just felt the options were really limited as to what I could do, and what I wanted to do with the site. I wanted to take what we previously had, and take it up a notch. I wanted to add menu items, forms, video, pictures, and more. I started from scratch with the Wix template, and went from there. I wanted a menu option at the top of the page, but I wanted to have options on how I wanted that menu to look. Wix had a ton of templates you can choose from for menu's as well as page feel and look. You can also upload your own background (which I did) to add a theme to your site. I run a men's hockey league, so I added a rink background to our site. I was very happy with the many options I was able to choose from in order to create the site.

You can also add a page from this menu, hide a page, delete a page, or re-order how you want the pages to be displayed on your site. We run a spring league as well, and during our Winter league, I can hide those pages with ease, and just un-hide them when we are ready to start up our spring league.

Migrating my site from the old host to Wix was seamless as well, and Wix has many tutorials to help with all of this. It made moving my site very easy, and the video help was great!

Cons

You are limited to only so many forms on your site, as well as fields. This was the free forms, that you get with the site. You can pay for more fields, if you need them. Also some add in's cost money, but the ones they provide for free did the job for me.

Hanah S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Wix is My Favorite for Websites!

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

Overall, this Wix website site is amazing for bloggers and especially owners of businesses. I can't help but daily brag about this site and how easy it was for me to make one. I enjoy working daily on my websites because it brings inspiration and helps me to navigate my vision.

Pros

Wix is the main platform I use. I have tried many other website making sites and this one is my favorite. Wix gets the job done. I was able to create a few years ago many websites for my company and for my ministry without all of the hassle. The way Wix set everything up I had hundreds of ways to use each tool they had given for my website. The tools to fix up my website aren't complicated or confusing. I hate looking around for hours trying to figure out how to use a website. It is so frustrating and this made my life so much easier. I also like how the Wix website can help you create a blog page. I love to blog, so this was helpful. As, I was working on creating my Wix website I had loads of themes to use and tools. Wix has many options for the free users and for the premium users I noticed. I love how Wix is for all types of careers. People who want to start a small business or musicians. Also, I have noticed they have websites or tools for people who want to sell items. Wix is also useful for graphic designers. I also like how I am able to add photos, images, and website links to my official pages on Wix. I can also add social media symbols to link my social media pages to my Wix.

Cons

I really have no dislikes, but I would give a suggestion. I really hope Wix continues to update like they have been doing. I would love to see loads of more themes. They already have so much, but I would love to see more. More wouldn't hurt lol =)

Virginia B.

To Wix or not to Wix? That is the question… Painless Web Development Platform

Reviewed on 2018-07-24

Pros

Creating your first website can sound quite tedious, especially if you don’t know the first thing about web design (SEO, headers, alt tags, etc.). With over 500 beautifully seamless templates to choose from you can guarantee there will be one of your liking that will help you reach a nice starting point. After spending many hours searching for the best entry level, website development platform, I made the decision to go with Wix (rather than some of its well-known equivalents, i.e. WordPress or SquareSpace). I created my first website for an academic, student led organization in college without any prior knowledge in web development. My experience with Wix greatly exceeded my expectations; I quickly crafted and completed my own website in as little as a week, for free. If you’re looking to build a website that is intuitive and low cost, Wix won’t disappoint; there are millions of “WIXers” around the world.

Keep in mind there are situations where Wix may suite your needs better than others. The free plan would work great for anyone at an entry-level, freelancer, start-up/non-profit organization, and/or even bloggers looking to craft a simplistic website for little to no cost associated. As things progress, you can manage your subscription as needed; for complex websites or fairly large websites I would be more inclined to go with a paid plan of Wix or switching to an alternative like WordPress (which is close to equivalent in price comparison). This route would be more beneficial for large sized businesses, or fairly large, stable organizations; as it would provide more bandwidth, storage, and assistance in development. For beginning gurus you may find that the website management/development are out of your expertise, (coding, installing, backups, etc.) so there are times you may need to involve outside help.

Pros:
- Easy drop and drag web development platform suitable or any entry level or beginners with little to no experience and no prior knowledge of coding required
- Options to create website utilizing either: Wix editor (for those who would like to create their own website) or Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (for those less tech savvy, you can complete a questionnaire on what you would like your website to look like and have Wix assemble it for you!)
- Provides over 400 pristine and stunning templates you can choose from and personalize to your needs
- Offers all the website necessities to help you keep your website authority up to par: GDPR compliance settings and forms, SEO, mobile web-builder, google page rankings, and analytics on web performance
- Compatible with various plugins and applications you can add-on to your website (you can almost always find any plugin your need or one very similar to the one you may be looking for)
- Features that allow you to add forms to web pages, create social media posts, live-chat with web visitors, embed videos, market events, create blog posts, etc.

Cons

- The free version of this platform places Wix advertisements on your website and does not provide the option to personalize your own domain (free version subdomains are set up like this: username.wixsite.com)
- Utilizing the free version, make sure to optimize all images and compress videos before uploading to your website to maximize the amount of storage available to you. You may also notice that the free version of Wix tends to take a while to load your website (heavily automating your website will most definitely slow things down)

• Customer Support Software

Wix is a fantastic and clean website creator

Reviewed on 2018-06-05

I've used a number of website development software, and this is easily my favorite. I've looked into website creation as a side gig, and if that took off, Wix would likely be my go to for creating clean, modern, and effective websites.

Pros

Wix makes designing websites super easy for anybody of any skill level. If you're new to designing websites with software, you and use the AI to create a website for you, and then you just have to go in and edit specific information. If you want to have a little more control, you can disable the AI and go to a regular editor where you have a lot more control over minute details. Wix also has a vast selection of apps to integrate into your website, many of them free and others will usually have free versions or trials. Some of the apps are created by Wix, but most are third party, though they also have a review system so you can see what other users think of the apps. Also, when I say there's a large variety, I mean there are a number of apps for pretty much anything you can think of. Need to schedule appointments? Got it. Want to keep track of analytics? Probably dozens of apps to choose from. Need to create a menu? Easy. Social media integration, newsletters, just about anything.

They also have a number of different plans, depending on your needs. They range from very inexpensive to very affordable for a small business, depending on if you're ok with Wix displaying their logo on the site, how much bandwidth you need, if you want to have an online store (surprisingly affordable with Wix, by the way), if you want Google Ad Credits, etc.

Cons

Being so customizable, some things that feel like they should be intuitive, aren't. Disabling the AI that created the website (if you chose that path) is a little difficult, but it's necessary if you want control over customization. Setting up a store is a little tedious, as you have to enter a lot of information for each individual item; I'd love to see them find a way to ease this process. I'd also love to see the shipping options expanded a little, like options for delivering products if the client/customer is in the same town or within X miles of your location.

Kevin A.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

The Only Website Builder for me

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

My overall experience with wix is very good. I find myself maybe wanting to have more customized website and having more control over elements. Overall though this is a great first time website builder and it made it really easy to get into SEO for my business

Pros

I love the easy customization that I can have for websites. I also like the real-time updating and publishing to google. I find myself using the customizations from the templates a lot. And I love how easy it is to set up and implement for free and then upgrading that plan.

Cons

I found myself wanting more specific customization. There's this animation style that comes up in new modern websites that you have to pay more for. I found myself getting upset that you can't customize the website into the exact form you want for the paid plan.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I wanted more control and features and functionalities that wix provided that squarespace didn't.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I found my self wanting more easy flow of customization!
Kayla S.

Extremely User-Friendly with a Manageable Interface

Reviewed on 2017-10-03

Pros

I like how quick you can put together a basic website for cheap (or even free). It's easy to navigate and everything is very straightforward, with handy tutorials in the off chance that some functionality is confusing. There's an Artificial Intelligence section that makes it even easier for people who aren't proficient in technology whatsoever. All you do is answer a few basic questions about what you want, and it puts an entire site together for you, including verbiage. It's incredible! I know my way around computers and code, but for the times my family members need a really short and sweet website for their very small company or service, I go in and get them something started within minutes. The design of WIX is very clean and concise as well, making it a pleasant experience rather than a stressful and frustrating one. I once had to create an extremely complex and in-depth website, and although I struggled, wix still managed to come through and provide almost everything I required within the site. I was very impressed.

Cons

I don't like how constricted things are. If you're looking for a very specific site, or way of doing things (chances are there's a widget already designed and built for you) but you can't customize everything to a T (if you don't know how). You can go into the backend and fiddle with the CSS coding, but that means nothing to anyone who doesn't know what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who wants a complex site with multiple layers and concepts, as it becomes difficult to maintain and design, and keep consistent. There's not much flexibility when it comes to the HTML (from a basic user standpoint) so if you have very specific ways you'd like your site to function, respond etc, this isn't for you and you should hire a professional to build one for you.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Wix Review

Reviewed on 2021-02-07

For the basic needs of websites and creating forms, this software helps us a lot. I also recommend this product to beginners but I think for the advanced, this software is not a good tool for you.

Pros

The only thing I like about this software is that they all have the feature for you especially in creating Admin, and User dashboard on the website. There are lots of templates to choose from for beginners as well.

Cons

In Editor's view, when editing the site, there is no global editing of the section, and each element should be drag and drop to the place you want. I think it is too manual. We should have the option to drag as well as created by section. Creating forms also must be unlimited and not limited up to in need to purchase new plugins to create unlimited forms.

SeoSamba WordPress Enterprise and Elementor

Reasons for Choosing Wix

First is the price of the software. Hosting 1 domain will cost more than $150 which can be replaced with other hosting with that same amount but unlimited hosting of the domain. Next is it is too basic for advance CSS coding and systemize needs. This is recommended only for beginners and people who want to start their own website without in need of support technially.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I chose Wix at that time because I was just starting and a beginner. Now I am in advanced skills so most of the tools they provided became too basic and hard for me to customize.
Beverly B.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use for beginner /newbie

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

The wix is perfect for beginners who wants to build their own website. It might takes a while but it's easy to understand everything.

Pros

I personally used wix and I found it is easy to use and easy to navigate. All the features are easy to understand and what it is use for. It is also have lots of apps that offers free and paid which is very useful and gives more special features when you build your own website.
Creating website on wix is very user friendly, as well as the customer support has been always reliable and promptly responded to every question.
Every website I created on wix looks very professional although I never had a experienced on building website before.
Connecting a domain name and hosting is very easy to follow and very convenient as you don't need to host in other hosting company and buying domain name in other website. The hosting from wix is cheap as well. I like the e commerce of the wix, its design, and features and filtering is far better than shopify. But some apps of wix is not as good as other apps you can find in shopify or woocommerce or other platforms. The templates in wix is also good as you have different options from different categories and you can easily edit it yourself.

Cons

The very basic hosting a domain which I have used is very slow, when my website opens and its just keep loading for quite long time. Same with the buttons whenever you click it, it takes a while before it open.
I guess you get what you pay for for cheap hosting.
Its just convenient to host with wix but you get better hosting and faster but same price with wix. The developer tools is quite complicated as a beginner /newbie I can't figure it out how to use it properly. The wix logo is OK but you have to pay for that service.

Chawn Y.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Underestimated A Great Product

Reviewed on 2019-10-19

In comparison to my first experience and subsequent experiences with other website builders, WIX gets a "10".

Pros

Let me start be saying that I kind of underestimated WIX based on my initial use as a first-time website designer. I had not a clue about what I was doing and even what to expect in a website design platform. Fast forward a year later and 15+ websites later, I am a huge fan of WIX. I am currently using competitive platforms for my current websites but decided to build a resume website for a client. And oh my, I had no idea that WIX had so many add-on/plug-ins. And the flexibility of their FREE website builder is equivalent to that of their paid competitors. As a matter of fact, I wish I felt like rebuilding my 2 business websites, because I would definitely make the switch. But for now, all of my client websites will be built on WIX. I literally just discovered its awesomeness in the past couple of days. So, this is a raw reaction.

What do I like most? #1 is all of the plug-ins/add-ons (ex: appointment setters, contact form, social media feed, blog, ecommerce, embed HTML, etc.). Plus, there are the many awesome design templates that are both desktop and mobile-friendly for easy deployment...

Cons

Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about it.

Anthony C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Wix- Versatile and Professional Web-design

Reviewed on 2020-10-19

Wix has allowed us to develop a professional looking website for an affordable price. Additionally, we are able, as an organization, to maintain and update the website without outsourcing it to someone else. I have been able to train and teach our other staff members how to update and add things to the pages related to their departments. This saves us a lot of time and money.

Pros

I created a Wix website for our church and for another ministry. Before using Wix we had a different website builder software. With the previous software, we were limited by the template design parameters. Wix has very few "boundaries" in terms of design. You can do almost anything you want with the features and apps available. I loved that the "look" of the pages I was designing were not limited by the template.
In the same vein, I found Wix extremely easy to learn and navigate. I am not a trained web designer, so the ease of use of extremely appealing to me.

Cons

I tried to make a personal website and link my Wordpress site. I did not like the blog app for Wix. It is possible that I did not spend enough time learning how to make it look the way I wanted, but I found the blogging app to be the most disappointing thing I have used on Wix.

Jeanne R.

Wix website

Reviewed on 2020-09-15

Very good overall with the website in itself- it's just so easy to use and personalise!
Poor regarding to customer service.

Pros

-Website is very easy to design even with no previous experience. Nice templates available and absolutely everything can be added/deldtedxto create a smart personalized website.
-Reasonable price
-Loads of apps to add for free bookings, markets, youtube channel etc

Cons

-Fees on wix booking a bit expensive and not always reliable ( a few clients had trouble go book online)
- Mobile design could be improved to match desktop.
-Customer service is poor. Called once and talked to a lady with limited english +very noisy background- had to tell her I'd prefer stopping the call without getting my answer.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Godaddy was more expensive and had less functionalities than Wix

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Looks easier to navigate and create an effective website quickly with little design experience