Method:CRM

The #1 rated CRM for QuickBooks Desktop and Online users

4.1 /5 (71 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
Company size: Self Employed

Best integration with QBO and Gmail for Free Trial/Great Price

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-11-11

So far, Method has helped me develop my brand new business with processes that will not have to be duplicated or repeated or that will just be current placemarkers until I can begin the true process I want. I am filling in a database and learning the accounting necessary to make all quoting, selling, ordering, and invoicing steps seamless.
When I encountered a problem (I have a "tech curse".), she tested and found it occurred for her too. Then she used a different contact to troubleshoot, and the problem did not occur. She referred me to tech support; They helped me fix and work around. I really like that a Lead in Method can remain a lead forever, and it does not enter my Quickbooks until I make it a customer in Method. Undoing in Method is easy...not so easy in QBO.
My online encounters have been excellent with the Method staff.

Pros

I like the fact that I can integrate email, accounting, marketing and sales tracking, which is unparalleled for this price. Am still in free trial. 1-hour free customization is available - I will use it; have not yet. Method is somewhat intuitive. Support sessions answer questions where it is not clear. When an invoice is emailed it is copied to my own email address. Everything that is sent from the system is halted by a review screen asking "do you really want to send this?" I have caught myself in more than one error or case where I needed to re-word something. The 30 minute support sessions assign each customer a dedicated person saving time on subsequent sessions as there is no re-hashing of former details. Tech sessions are set on a self-serve calendar. When reserving time, customer also enters a list of items to be addressed. At the correct time all parties log in to Go to Meeting, and it is very efficient. My dedicated contact is excellent. And, a bonus - invoice emails state they are from my business in subject line so they are not lost.

Cons

I do not like that many of the areas I hope to use will cost more money. However, the seamless integration with QBO and the ability to track clients and maintain only one synched database outweighs any of the current pricing I am seeing. I have not been able to figure out where an email generated in Method is stored for future reference. I am sure one of the customer sessions will help me. I also do not like that the word estimate is what I have to use instead of quote.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad that our integration with QuickBooks is meeting your needs and helping your business. Feel free to book your free customization session with our team to do even more with Method:CRM.

Richard M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Not a good fit for our organization

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-09-11

It looked like it had potential when we were switching from the free CiviCRM through our Wordpress website. But because of the bad experience of trying to customize it and have the same tracking ability as CiviCRM, I basically wasted 6-months fooling around with it. I compromised for a year and used a supplemental spreadsheet or two to track what I needed and that didn't work out too well. So we switched to a different CRM now that is a better fit for us.

Pros

I liked the low cost and the clean interface that all looked much nicer than what we had been using. I really liked how tightly it could integrate with QuickBooks Online which saved us a lot of time!

Cons

I had the hardest time importing our data from another database and the one hour support, was barely enough time to get anywhere. When I attempted to create custom fields for our donors, I found it very overwhelming and didn't have the time to invest in the training videos.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of feedback we need to keep improving our product. While our DIY customization isn't for everyone, we do offer a team of Business Solutions Specialists to our customers who are customization experts as well as unlimited, free customer support. Regardless, we are glad your team has found a tool that's right for you!

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Jet L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Powerful CRM platform

Reviewed on 2019-11-21

We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be.
Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros

Powerful and can be highly customized.
Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting.
Easy to use interface.
Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons

Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical.
Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization.
Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync.
Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

John K.

Method to QB Desktop Pro issues

Reviewed on 2020-04-28

We were trying to get more users for QB Desktop Pro and get cloud access. We cancelled Method and bought multi user QB.

Pros

This product does integrate with QB, and allows you cloud access to an otherwise noncloud QB file. It has many powerful customizable features, including a powerful new template designer.

Cons

Customization of the software requires significant technical knowledge and is not for the average user whose business is something other than software customization. If you internet connection is slow, Method is almost nonfunctional. Integration with QB Desktop Pro plus a slow internet connection put some of our transactions such as recieving payments into the most impossible gridlocks.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jessica F.

Wonderful system for tracking sales and prompts customer support!

Reviewed on 2018-04-26

Pros

The software allows me to tract every stage that a prospect is in, which makes it easy to report to my boss about deals and new projects. I love the Activity follow ups because it helps plan out who and when I need to be reaching back out to people. The reporting is very easy to pull and self explanatory when boss's are checking in on it.

Cons

I would like for their to be a way to talley the amount of the proposal on the reporting. It's easy for the sales person and owners to see how much is closed and is in the pipeline.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Jessica, thanks for reviewing Method:CRM. The sales pipeline features and activity tracking are great tools so I'm glad to hear you're experiencing their benefits. I'll be sure to pass along your product suggestion to our team, as we're always looking to make it even easier to manage and grow a small business. Thanks again, Lynda

Emily W.
Industry: Consumer Services

I spent two weeks on the free trial. This was enough to let me know if was not a good fit.

Reviewed on 2018-04-09

If you had the time and knowledge to program this software, it could really be incredible. I think the software was just far more than my small company needed, so it just wasn't a great fit.

Pros

This software is POWERFUL. Wow. It can be totally customized to your needs, which would be incredible for someone in a very specific industry.

Cons

I did not have near the experience in programming needed to make this software work for my purposes. I found that the canned CRM systems (where the programming and forms are already set up) were a much better fit with FAR less work and time in set up.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Industry: Accounting

Your data is not safe with Method. They deleted our data twice forcing us to rebuild from scratch.

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Pros

Ability to customize application. However, features are a moot point for a foreign, cloud-based company that accidentally and irretrievably deletes your data multiple times.

Response from Method Integration

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. When a subscription gets canceled due to non-payment, or any other reason, you may be able to request a restore. Here's a full article on our help center: https://www.method.me/help/34636-method-faq/304564#how-does-an-account-get-cancelled. Please contact us directly to see how we can help out, and get your account back up and running.

Tyler W.

Seamless transition

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Pros

We are particularly impressed by the ease of use and adaptation throughout our organization while implementing Method CRM. The QB sync function allows us to work proficiently from anywhere.

Support is Top Notch.

Cons

Each person has their "wish it did this list" to increase efficiency accommodate their own personal style of working. No show stoppers and at this point and we are trimming down that list weekly.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for the review, Tyler! That's great to hear that your team is adopting Method:CRM and getting help from our team. Be sure to check out the customization capabilities for further efficiency gains. Thanks again, Lynda

Megan F.

Very user friendly and great for every-day use!

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

tracking sales leads, generating reports for internal sales teams

Pros

I love how there is a live chat option built directly into the main page (you don't always have to go digging for help). It's user friendly and simple to figure out. The customization options are also ideal!

Cons

Would like a little more options for the basic package (seeing invoice history, setting opportunities, for example). Also assigning a currency to new customers would be helpful.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Megan, thanks for your review of Method:CRM. I'll pass along your feedback to the team as we're always looking to further improve our offerings. Thanks again, Lynda

Donny C.

Stay Away from Method

Reviewed on 2018-10-16

Anyone looking for a crm system for their business please stay away from Method CRM. Worse CRM on the market. We chose it because it was Canadian and its supposed to sync with our system quickbooks. Thousands of of dollars later in implementation and it's still not good. Please if you or your team or friends are looking please steer away from Method CRM you will thank you me .
They only want to help if you pay we spent 21 k in implementation and our syncs are not syncing properly and it's not right. Not at all happy with it. My staff and it department are doing extra work to fix things in quickbooks and costing our company even more money.

Pros

the best part of of Method is that it syncs with Quick books

Cons

the support, and the accountability if they are in the wrong. they point fingers at the client if they have issues with the syncing.

Robin H.

Method CRM and QuickBooks

Reviewed on 2013-08-22

I have been consulting on QuickBooks for about 15 years. The more that I consult with clients on QuickBooks, the more that I am finding that I need to let QuickBooks do the accounting and other systems do the business work flow. Method CRM allows me to bring the whole package to my clients.
When we started introducing Method CRM to our clients, it really opened their eyes to being able to have integrated systems and not having to duplicate their efforts. Method CRM has a flawless two way sync engine that will update the customer information in either system. With this we have been able to tailor the system for the things that their employees needed to see. Being able to customize Method CRM has opened doors for us that were impossible to do just with QuickBooks alone. QuickBooks along with Method CRM is definitely a winning combination.
It is amazing how we can help our clients with all of their business needs.

Jack B.

Database Platform Unreliable, CRM based on it Very Cool

Reviewed on 2019-08-31

WE had to let it go and find something else after extensive 'degradation' of what we had already finished.

Pros

Their comprehensive approach to CRM was very cool and helpful. They focused on actions and resulting actions for every contact update. Their customization, including their DB engine was a big selling point.

Cons

Half of everything we painstakingly made in the DB basically fell apart after it was tested and tweaked. It was very hard to navigate, requiring extensive videos and documentation.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Eric C.

We've enjoyed getting more organized and intentional in our lead follow up.

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

lead followup

Pros

I like that it's cloud based, customizable, QB integrated, and has quick helpful customer support via CHAT

Cons

Sometimes a little wonky just trying to enter a simple quick note on a file but you get used to it...

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for reviewing Method:CRM, Eric. It's great to know your business is becoming more intentional with your lead follow-ups. I'm sure this is going to help you close more sales.
Thanks again
Lynda

Jeremy C.
Industry: Hospitality

terrible

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018-06-07

None, actually

Pros

low sticker price, and they say 'yes' to everything you want. However, when you actually get started you realize how rigid the system is and how cumbersome the customization process is. They expect you to become a developer, or pay they a premium. I would STAY AWAY

Cons

extremely difficult to customize, and expensive. They charge your huge fees for hours and end up charging more to correct mistakes. Customization process takes ages. They are cocky and rude to clients who want the software to do more than their limited abilities.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Jeremy, I'm sorry you feel your experience with our team has been anything but positive. We strive to provide world-class service to all customers. I've passed along your feedback to the team who will be reaching out to rectify your experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Mega T.
Industry: Computer Software

Rating only

Reviewed on 2019-01-30

Industry: Construction

Thanks to the Method team!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019-07-17

Pros

The Method team has been so helpful in our transition to this CRM software. They have helped to streamline our business!

Cons

There are a lot of customization limitations that you can't do yourself but the Method team is responsive when you need something outside your expertise.

Omar M.
Industry: Events Services

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 2020-10-27

I am satisfied because it is a really efficient tool to grow my business.

Pros

It is the operating system of our sales department. Simple to use for the sales team, track activity and set reminders on follow ups. It gives me the ability to forecast monthly revenue.

Cons

I am currently very satisfied with the software at all aspects.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for the positive review Omar!

Remy M.
Industry: Furniture

Good product to use and great customer service

Reviewed on 2020-10-19

Pros

It's easy to use and a great way to stay organized. The customer support team is responsive and eager to help.

Cons

Wish we could have more than 10 items shown at a time. Would prefer to scroll through estimates or bills instead of having to go to the next page.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Remy, thanks for your review! I've got some good news as well it is possible to scroll through estimates ad bills without having to go to the next page. To enable this experience, please reach out to our support team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Valerie J.

At first glance, powerful CRM. Over year of use has lead to second thoughts.

Reviewed on 2018-02-03

Pros

The best thing about MethodCRM is that changing one line of a client profile makes the change universal, which helps when looking at past purchases, billing statements, etc. It also syncs to Quickbooks, which is important for the billing aspect of our business.

Cons

The user-facing design is from the Dawn of the Internet. Customer support is severely lacking; every time we reach out, we are met with exasperation and are told our problems are "user error"-- even when the issue is a customization issue, and nothing we could have done would have fixed it. I know the point of UX is to make an app look and act less like a bunch of code, but MethodCRM doesn't quite get there. Overall, it's a powerful CRM, but don't use it unless your team is already tech-savvy.

John S.

Saved me from outgrowing QuickBooks

Reviewed on 2018-04-01

Pros

Two years ago, our IT expert thought it was time to move from QuickBooks to NetSuite during a stage of rapid growth. We indeed needed efficiencies between our accounting and rest of the company. But the cost of leaving QuickBooks and adopting a new system would be massive. So glad we found Method, as we can grow with Method + QuickBooks. QuickBooks for accounting, and Method for everything else. The sync is seamless, and the level of customization we have done has allowed us to automate everything NetSuite would have given us as a fraction of the cost and fraction of the time. We are 2 years in now, and we keep growing what we do with Method, and our company has doubled in size over that time. I can't speak highly enough about the level of service Method provides. Every person I talk to is knowledgeable, friendly, and interested in how they can help our company grow and be more efficient.. I can't speak highly enough about Method and their team.

Cons

I would like to see integration with our inventory software so that product lists can be automatically integrated without doing API integration.

Damien F.
Industry: Construction

After struggling withe this app for 10 days of a 30 day trial I gave up, exasperated.

Reviewed on 2017-05-31

I learned that the system I currently use is more than good enough for my needs. The Quickbooks integration is really not that important to me

Pros

It has a very clean modern look , and syncs really well with Quickbooks. The support team are e very helpful and responsive.

Cons

This is absolutely not a CRM ready to go 'out of the box' It is difficult to set up and use and some of the core features of a really good contact management system are either missing or handled really badly. No doubt some of the shortfalls could be ironed out with customisation but the promise in the Method marketing and constant reference to five star reviews on their website is not delivered in the experience. It looks beautiful but is infuriating to use. It does integrate and sync with Quickbooks extremely well but its value as a potential single platform for contact management and invoicing is undermined by the lack of features and the way in which some others are handled. There are many better CRM apps for a lot less money, even if the integration is not as good. Ultimately, what is the point of a great sync if the CRM is hopeless anyway? Horrible, just horrible. The Method support team were very helpful but I but I think there is a lack of understanding on their part of the average sales professionals workflow. I liked the look so much I tried to make the app fit my workflow which was absolute folly.

Carol O.

Method is a Great Solution

Reviewed on 2013-09-11

I highly recommend Method CRM as a solution for any organization who needs to integrate information between their QuickBooks accounting system, their CRM system and their Operations system. Right out-of-the box, Method is a powerful CRM solution that seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks. As a Method developer, I have developed Operations systems and customized the CRM system for many clients, providing them with systems that work the way their organization works as well as providing them with seamless integration between their Accounting, Operations and CRM systems. The key advantages to using Method for this approach are that they do not have to adjust their business processes to make the best use of their CRM or Operations software nor do they need to do double-entry of data in order to keep the Accounting, Operations and CRM systems in sync. As their business requirements change in the future, we can customize their Method system to meet those needs. I really love working with a client to take all the different pieces they use to manage their business (spreadsheets, Access databases, manual processes) and creating a cohesive solution that incorporates everything in ONE place: Their Very Own Method Solution. 'Turning Chaos into Order.' It's a beautiful thing.

V cameron

Perfect CRM for QuickBooks users

Reviewed on 2013-05-06

I first started using Method CRM as a way to build custom business solutions for my QuickBooks clients. As a long time QuickBooks ProAdvisor, I was impressed with its robust sync engine, and customizable processes, screens and reports. Once I started using the CRM portion in my own business, though, it quickly became indispensable. Not only do I have all the features of a standard CRM, but my clients have a portal to check on their account, pay their bill and check documents with me in a secure fashion. I have mobile access on my smartphone for entering time in the field , logging a client call, or looking up a phone number. And everything syncs with QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online in real time, painlessly.

Pros

*The best QuickBooks sync engine I've seen in 14 years of QB consulting.
*The ability to build custom solutions for any business. No more trying to develop complicated QuickBooks workarounds for clients that don't fit the standard mold.

Cons

Due to the nature of QuickBooks Online, Method CRM has more limited syncing abilities with that version.

Tanya M.

DO NOT BUY this product if you need help. There is no one to help you!

Reviewed on 2018-03-14

My staff can see QB info

Pros

Great integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

It is massively complicated and no one will help you. They will send you 1,000 articles that don't make sense!

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

It has boosted my awareness in many areas of my company

Reviewed on 2018-03-28

One place to see all information I need run my business and make timely decisions to grow and give my team the proper guidance they need to succeed.

Pros

The key to this software is the ease in which it has integrated all my client information, from sales pipeline, emails, documents all the way to invoices giving me one place to review all the pertinent information I need to run my business.

Cons

I would like to see more graphs for pipelines, sales collections, similar to what QuickBooks has on its dashboard.