Method:CRM

The #1 rated CRM for QuickBooks Desktop and Online users

4.1 /5 (68 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.7
3.9
3.7
Chitta ranjan D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excellent CRM to customize with Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

I have been using this CRM from last 3 years for one of our lead generation project. Initially, it took time to customize, with the help of developer we customize this as per our requirement. And after that till date, we never faced any major issues.

Pros

This is one of the best CRM that works well with QuickBooks. You can take the help of your in-house developers or the support team to customize the CRM based on your requirement. They have an excellent support team to resolve any minor issues that you face during customization. They provide a wide range of features with great navigation. You can customize and create multiple reports as per requirement. Overall a great CRM tool I would recommend to all.

Cons

Though customization is one of its great features still you need some good developer to do this. You can take the help of their team to customize for you but again it's very expensive.

Lisa S.
Industry: Building Materials

This Could be Perfect....

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

I can set reminders that actually work with Method. We have been able to set up cases for issues with deliveries, shortages, and materials. Then we can follow the process of a customer return or an issue that needs to be resolved more easily.

Pros

I love the integration with Outlook. I love the ability to keep a record of each activity and opportunities. Being able to customize things has been great for our company.

Cons

This is a great product, except it does not have a place on a customer to make notes specific to a person or to save files. Each company has a price sheet. I can only attach things to activities. I cannot go through every activity to find customer specific files. Please add a feature to pin files or attach files to a contact. A place for contact specific notes would be awesome too! There is also not an easy way to go back to an opportunity from an activity. You can click to go to the Estimate when an activity is on the Estimate, so why would it not work that way for an Opportunity?

Wanda M.
Industry: Publishing

Best CRM

Reviewed on 8/24/2020

Pros

I like the fact that this software is so user friendly. It's the best CRM I've used in my entire career.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found anything I don't like about this software.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Wanda,

Thank you for your review! We're so glad that you enjoy using Method:CRM. We would love to hear more about your experience, so if you're willing to share, please drop us a line at [email protected]

Best,
The Method Team

Richard M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Not a good fit for our organization

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/11/2020

It looked like it had potential when we were switching from the free CiviCRM through our Wordpress website. But because of the bad experience of trying to customize it and have the same tracking ability as CiviCRM, I basically wasted 6-months fooling around with it. I compromised for a year and used a supplemental spreadsheet or two to track what I needed and that didn't work out too well. So we switched to a different CRM now that is a better fit for us.

Pros

I liked the low cost and the clean interface that all looked much nicer than what we had been using. I really liked how tightly it could integrate with QuickBooks Online which saved us a lot of time!

Cons

I had the hardest time importing our data from another database and the one hour support, was barely enough time to get anywhere. When I attempted to create custom fields for our donors, I found it very overwhelming and didn't have the time to invest in the training videos.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of feedback we need to keep improving our product. While our DIY customization isn't for everyone, we do offer a team of Business Solutions Specialists to our customers who are customization experts as well as unlimited, free customer support. Regardless, we are glad your team has found a tool that's right for you!

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Michael R.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

100% Satisfied! Could not be happier.

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Pros

Ease of use; Online access; Mobile access; Email storage

Cons

Expensive for customization; Online access sometimes unavailable

Response from Method Integration

Hi Michael! Thank you kindly for your review of Method:CRM.

Jet L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Powerful CRM platform

Reviewed on 11/21/2019

We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be.
Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros

Powerful and can be highly customized.
Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting.
Easy to use interface.
Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons

Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical.
Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization.
Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync.
Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jonathan R.
Industry: Wholesale

Usefull tool

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

before that everything was done manually very hard to follow and keep track of the work

Pros

Great way to follow up on clients and activities , the fact the will provide a good picture of the work done during the day , invoices are sync with QuickBooks . allows you create leads and categorized clients according to they importance . very easy to use . our manager will count the number of calls and notes to share it with others .

Cons

sometime it gets a bit slow when creating the activities . not able to import export pictures , folders , graphics into the activities

Byan N.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great CRM to work on.

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

Great experience !

Pros

User Friendly and customizable, I would recommend this CRM.

Cons

Would be nice to timestamp and save notes automatically

Valerie J.

At first glance, powerful CRM. Over year of use has lead to second thoughts.

Reviewed on 2/3/2018

Pros

The best thing about MethodCRM is that changing one line of a client profile makes the change universal, which helps when looking at past purchases, billing statements, etc. It also syncs to Quickbooks, which is important for the billing aspect of our business.

Cons

The user-facing design is from the Dawn of the Internet. Customer support is severely lacking; every time we reach out, we are met with exasperation and are told our problems are "user error"-- even when the issue is a customization issue, and nothing we could have done would have fixed it. I know the point of UX is to make an app look and act less like a bunch of code, but MethodCRM doesn't quite get there. Overall, it's a powerful CRM, but don't use it unless your team is already tech-savvy.

Mark S.

Talk to QB

Reviewed on 11/16/2016

We need a solution to run a CRM that speaks to QB. There is a 30-day trial which is a good idea but 30 days in sales terms is a short period of time. I would suggest a 3 month trial period - 30 days free, then a reduced fee for 60 days - then charging full price. The time has been to short to get all sales people to understand and get a hang of the program.

Margaret W.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The Method Support Team and Programmers are Super!

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

The ability for anyone in the organization to access customer information in order to assist our customers. We're more efficient.

Pros

I believe the support behind the software is critical. Our Method Programmer helped us customize our applications to better fit our needs - she's super and so easy to work with. Method Support Team is quick to respond to inquiries, and I love that I can easily chat with them.

The software is pretty intuitive. Our sales, support and tech teams use it daily to access customer information and to provide support. All touch points are documented, allowing anyone in the organization to have access to customer communications. This allows us to better serve our customers and to be more efficient as an organization.

Cons

The hardest thing for us is understanding the cases application. We are currently working on the customization of this application. It's frustrating that communications with customers via our email platform (gmail) can't transfer over to the customer account as an activity in Cases- our hope is that the upcoming gmail 'gadget' will do this.

Also, we often email instructions that include images inserted within the email. This can't be done with Method email...at least not easily. You have to come up with a URL for the image, and even still, I have not been able to get the image to appear in the email. A simple add image button that goes to an image file where you click image to insert in email would be really nice.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for such a detailed review of Method:CRM, Margaret! It's great that your business is leveraging the customization options and that you've enjoyed working with our team so much. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback for how we can improve our app to make the experience even better. Thanks again

John S.

Saved me from outgrowing QuickBooks

Reviewed on 4/1/2018

Pros

Two years ago, our IT expert thought it was time to move from QuickBooks to NetSuite during a stage of rapid growth. We indeed needed efficiencies between our accounting and rest of the company. But the cost of leaving QuickBooks and adopting a new system would be massive. So glad we found Method, as we can grow with Method + QuickBooks. QuickBooks for accounting, and Method for everything else. The sync is seamless, and the level of customization we have done has allowed us to automate everything NetSuite would have given us as a fraction of the cost and fraction of the time. We are 2 years in now, and we keep growing what we do with Method, and our company has doubled in size over that time. I can't speak highly enough about the level of service Method provides. Every person I talk to is knowledgeable, friendly, and interested in how they can help our company grow and be more efficient.. I can't speak highly enough about Method and their team.

Cons

I would like to see integration with our inventory software so that product lists can be automatically integrated without doing API integration.

Damien F.
Industry: Construction

After struggling withe this app for 10 days of a 30 day trial I gave up, exasperated.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

I learned that the system I currently use is more than good enough for my needs. The Quickbooks integration is really not that important to me

Pros

It has a very clean modern look , and syncs really well with Quickbooks. The support team are e very helpful and responsive.

Cons

This is absolutely not a CRM ready to go 'out of the box' It is difficult to set up and use and some of the core features of a really good contact management system are either missing or handled really badly. No doubt some of the shortfalls could be ironed out with customisation but the promise in the Method marketing and constant reference to five star reviews on their website is not delivered in the experience. It looks beautiful but is infuriating to use. It does integrate and sync with Quickbooks extremely well but its value as a potential single platform for contact management and invoicing is undermined by the lack of features and the way in which some others are handled. There are many better CRM apps for a lot less money, even if the integration is not as good. Ultimately, what is the point of a great sync if the CRM is hopeless anyway? Horrible, just horrible. The Method support team were very helpful but I but I think there is a lack of understanding on their part of the average sales professionals workflow. I liked the look so much I tried to make the app fit my workflow which was absolute folly.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Noah M.

Method is a fantastic web-based QuickBooks CRM

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

Time saving and job tracking

Pros

Method is completely customizable. You can learn to customize it yourself or hire someone at Method to do it for you. You can shape it to work for your specific business. We're using it for booking clients to our mastering studio and then keeping track of those clients and invoicing them. Method is saving us hours of admin work a week.

Cons

Sometimes, something that I would consider a bug in the customization they consider something that needs to be paid to be fixed. I think this is due to how they have the customization set up with freelancers. Also, Method strangely doesn't support the printing of the HST Number on invoices (which quickbooks does natively) and that is required by Canadian Law. These are little things but none-the-less annoying. It doesn't take away from how much time the software has saved our business and in our next round of customization we will get these things fixed. (Hopefully)

Carabeth R.
Industry: Education Management

A good integration

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Overall I like this program and the integration with quickbooks

Pros

Method has been a good program for our school. Being able to see all of the accounts in real-time make managing everything a lot easier.

Cons

The reports part of this has not been my favorite. I paid extra to have the support team build the specific report I needed but it's still a little clunky. Also as I would love to see an ability to run specific campaigns and reports on them. Right now you can use tags to identify campaigns but that is also a clunky way to do it.

Vladimir M.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Simply great software functionality and easy to use.

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

Ability to customize the software for our business needs. Easy software to use!

Pros

Functionality. There are so many custom options that we offer as a business and this software is great for that!

Cons

Software works very slow at times and the sidebar is too sensitive. Its a minor thing but I dont like how the sidebar expands, often becomes a stumbling block when trying to click a small box that is very close to the sidebar.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for your review, Vladimir. I'm sorry to hear you experienced speed issues while using Method. I can assure you we're always working to create a high performing platform. I will be sure to pass along your feedback on the side bar, as our team is always interested in hearing how we can improve the app's UI. Thanks again for your review.

Industry: Facilities Services

Very customizable. This is a software that can be as creative and as detailed as you want it to be

Reviewed on 4/27/2018

Syncing with Quickbooks Enterprise.

Pros

Customization. Syncs with Quickbooks Enterprise. Cloud Hosted. Variety of User Permissions. Open API.
We were able to call a Method staff member to help set-up customization.

Cons

Contact-Based vs Account-Based. If you're not a developer, this software customization can be overwhelming. The product support is great but, they charge by the hour for customization.

Response from Method Integration

Hi there ¿ thanks for your review of Method:CRM. It's great to hear you're leveraging Method's customizable platform to streamline your business and that the Method team has been a great support. Thank you for the feedback around the Contacts vs Accounts. We're always improving on our product, so your feedback is something I'll be sure to pass along. Many thanks again

Rich S.

Under promised and OVER delivered!!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2018

Pros

We chose Method:CRM because of it's awesome integration with Quickbooks! We have been pleasantly surprised by the amazing training we have received from our success coach Phuong Phan. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable but we enjoy her kind personality. Her style has made it easier for use to glean the information and apply what we learn to our business. GIVE PHUONG a raise!!!!

Cons

No current integration with Voice over IP phone systems!. We think it would be awesome to be able to click and dial directly the customer from inside Method:CRM. (FYI: SalesForce and Insightly CRM has this option right now.) Please STRONGLY consider this. It would save us a lot of prospecting time! Thank you!

Industry: Consumer Goods

This CRM is amazing.

Reviewed on 7/10/2018

Pros

Where to even start?? This is such a user friendly platform, I think training anyone in to use it would be a breeze. Does everything we wanted it to, and keeps record of EVERYTHING we needed.

Cons

I wouldn't so much call this a con, but I don't trust reviews that don't have one. For the customization pages, it can be extremely overwhelming. Maybe if that portion were just a little easier to navigate, then this would be a 10/10!

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for your feedback! Customization can certainly have a steep learning curve. However, our professional services team is here to help. Reach out to use and we'll gladly make Method fit like glove!

Excellent, so far!

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

Excellent integration with quickbooks as well as overall contact management. Overall, very user friendly with very high quality customer service that is swift to respond to questions via chat or over the phone!

Pros

The best part about Method CRM is the dual integration with Quickbooks. There's no need to worry whether or not you enter a recent sale/donation. Once entered in Quickbooks, you'll see it in Method, and vice versa!

Cons

The one thing I would like to see Method CRM improve would be the options when sending donation receipts. It would be exceptional to have the option of emailing not only a donation receipt for the most recent donation, but a year-to-date giving report as well from the same page on which you enter the donation details. Also, it would be great to see a visual chart or graph for non-profits (or even businesses) who'd like to see their yearly donations/sales to date.

Michael B.

Product is very flexible and the support has been great.

Reviewed on 7/4/2018

Estimating and service scheduling.

Pros

I love the customizeability of the application and the support to get those things done has been great.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as it could be, but that could be because it is so customizeable that it might be hard to create perfect screens for everyone. I think with a little work, I could totally make it easy to use for my office, but I need the time to do it.

Response from Method Integration

Hey Michael,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are always looking for ways to improve our platform and we appreciate your feedback on the screen customization process. Certainly, the complexities behind making a platform so "flexible" and customizable are large, and our goal is to try to make it even more simple to the end user. Little by little we are getting there!

I know that business owners like yourself do not have enough time to dive deep into customizations, that's where our professional services team comes into play. We are here when you need us!

Jessica F.

Wonderful system for tracking sales and prompts customer support!

Reviewed on 4/26/2018

Pros

The software allows me to tract every stage that a prospect is in, which makes it easy to report to my boss about deals and new projects. I love the Activity follow ups because it helps plan out who and when I need to be reaching back out to people. The reporting is very easy to pull and self explanatory when boss's are checking in on it.

Cons

I would like for their to be a way to talley the amount of the proposal on the reporting. It's easy for the sales person and owners to see how much is closed and is in the pipeline.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Jessica, thanks for reviewing Method:CRM. The sales pipeline features and activity tracking are great tools so I'm glad to hear you're experiencing their benefits. I'll be sure to pass along your product suggestion to our team, as we're always looking to make it even easier to manage and grow a small business. Thanks again, Lynda

Enrique B.
Industry: Graphic Design

Method has solved all of the issues in my Sales Process.

Reviewed on 4/23/2018

Method increased my productivity exponentially. Jobs were no longer being overlooked because of human error. Sales tracking was non-existent before Method. I would say Method saved my business, if not my sanity!

Pros

The QB integration is the BEST part of the program. Customization, collaboration and client accessibility are ALL a very close 2nd. The program is extremely agile.

Cons

Payment system integration has disappointed me greatly. I was excited to be able to have my clients pay me through the portal but in 2 months we still have not been able to iron this out. On the bright side, the support team has truly been working diligently to resolve the issue. I was impressed and pleased at how knowledgeable they are. I know we will soon resolve the problem, but that is my least like part of the program.

Carol O.

Method is a Great Solution

Reviewed on 9/11/2013

I highly recommend Method CRM as a solution for any organization who needs to integrate information between their QuickBooks accounting system, their CRM system and their Operations system. Right out-of-the box, Method is a powerful CRM solution that seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks. As a Method developer, I have developed Operations systems and customized the CRM system for many clients, providing them with systems that work the way their organization works as well as providing them with seamless integration between their Accounting, Operations and CRM systems. The key advantages to using Method for this approach are that they do not have to adjust their business processes to make the best use of their CRM or Operations software nor do they need to do double-entry of data in order to keep the Accounting, Operations and CRM systems in sync. As their business requirements change in the future, we can customize their Method system to meet those needs. I really love working with a client to take all the different pieces they use to manage their business (spreadsheets, Access databases, manual processes) and creating a cohesive solution that incorporates everything in ONE place: Their Very Own Method Solution. 'Turning Chaos into Order.' It's a beautiful thing.

Emily W.
Industry: Consumer Services

I spent two weeks on the free trial. This was enough to let me know if was not a good fit.

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

If you had the time and knowledge to program this software, it could really be incredible. I think the software was just far more than my small company needed, so it just wasn't a great fit.

Pros

This software is POWERFUL. Wow. It can be totally customized to your needs, which would be incredible for someone in a very specific industry.

Cons

I did not have near the experience in programming needed to make this software work for my purposes. I found that the canned CRM systems (where the programming and forms are already set up) were a much better fit with FAR less work and time in set up.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10