SysAid

Automate IT tasks and workflows with SysAid's ITSM solution

4.5 /5 (287 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.4
Thomas B.
Industry: Law Practice

SysAid - Simple Solution, Big Outcome

Reviewed on 6/19/2019

The Team are friendly and understood our needs (Once we had defined these). Overall the process has been quite simple, it's simply getting your head around using new software/solutions.

Pros

I love the fact that SysAid is not a boring 'Out of the Box' 'This is what you get' experience.
SysAid is tailored to your needs during the implementation process, from colour schemes, to custom data fields, to process automation.

Cons

I dislike the fact that I had to learn 'very basic' HTML to implement notifications. This wasn't a great hinderance, but definitely something I disliked.

Eric F.
Industry: Construction

All essencials in one service desk

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

IT issues such as internet/ server down, softwares not working, new hiring / off board processes, approvals trough dynamic workflows usage.
The most we like that is automated and no more manual work needed anymore which saves us a lot of time to focus on tasks with higher priority and urgency.

Pros

No need for multiple tools and softwares anymore as SysAid has all essencials in one service desk. Easy to use and friendly. Lots of 3rd parties integrations available, such as Teamviewer, Office365, Sap and much more.

Cons

I like everything as is completely customizable and automated, maybe like less that the integration with softwares like Sap required a special coding and configuration but fully understand as it was based on our needs which is amazing to have the option to customize according to our requirements and needs. There are tons of softwares that dont offer this and only what it comes by default , out of the box.

Sanjay C.
Industry: Financial Services

SysAid Review by Sanja Campbell of Jamaica Stock Exchange

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

Overall it has been great. Our admins have greater visibility of the tickets submitted. our end users love the product as well.

Pros

tracking of tickets and issues are simple.
centralized hub. I can send messages and update my tickets from one location
I like the live chat feature as well
the auto notifications make my life easier as well

Cons

I cant think of an element i do not like.

Jae N.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Behind the times.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017

A haphazard ticket system that sometimes works better then nothing at all.

Pros

I like that you can make quick keys for EU's to access Web-Portal. I like the customization of tickets, assets and EU portals (once you can figure them out). I love the Language Configuration Text file you can use to make it totally your own. LDAP integration is a total dream come true.

Cons

Customer service is HORRID! To the point of complaints have to go to CEO of SysAid and had to have HER get on the phone with us. Mobile apps for Android and Now iOS are broken or severely limited functionality and VERY outdated compared to other ITSM's apps. RDS never works correctly. Assets have never fully populated, even though all our systems have agents and services enabled correctly. SNMP devices are atrocious to get to populate and forget monitoring... You have to have a degree in Theoretical Physics near to find the OID's and a dedicated systems analyst to research them and keep them updated.

Dashboard has disappeared and can't get it to return, let alone ever work. The entire interface is clunky and looks like it was written when XP was in it's prime. WMI Scans are pointless as you can't do anything with the results of those found devices. Small to Medium business would be better off with Spiceworks IMHO.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Thank you for your honest feedback.
We understand that life is not always perfect, but we want to have open communication with our customers to keep improving.
Sometimes, our CEO jumps on welcome calls with clients, and personally introduces herself. You happened to be on such a call.
To answer your issues:
Mobile apps - We¿ve been working on new apps for the past few months and are currently releasing them to the App Stores. The iPhone app is available and adopted to iOS 11, and a new Android app is currently being uploaded.
Agents and asset management - We¿re working on a better user experience to deploy and manage agents and are constantly introducing updates.
Product interface - We just released a new user experience for end users in our Self-Service Portal and are currently upgrading the admin user interface. Take a look at the new Self-Service Portal, to view the new UI we¿re releasing.
Your account manager will contact you tomorrow to make sure your issues are addressed

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Kawa R.
Industry: Utilities

Best ticketing and Inventory system

Reviewed on 7/15/2020

Easy to install, implementation very simple, ticketing system is. Rey efficient. Accurate inventory
Simple to upgrade

Pros

Efficient, low cpu usage, easy to manage

Cons

We should have it on the cloud rather than being on premise

James W.
Industry: Higher Education

SysAid Review

Reviewed on 10/7/2019

We have tracking capability with SysAid that we never had before. We are able to better route our service requests to the correct team for quicker response. We have better ability to tier our help desk services. We have the capability of tracking hardware and software assets and maintaining an ITIL CMDB.

Pros

Includes an asset management system and CMDB, modern interface for end-users and administrators, excellent sales and technical support.

Cons

Workflow management is a little outdated and has a bit of a learning curve.

Frederic B.

Very good ITSM tool

Reviewed on 4/23/2020

Very good experience since the first contact sales support and presentation, implementation support is great

Pros

capabilities of the tools, Gui, look &feel, flexibility, configurable, CDMB

Cons

nothing about the software but maybe the fact that they are not providing on site implementation support. we were not used to that but it is going quite well

David M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great tool, simple to use, ITIL aligment and powerful customization capabilities

Reviewed on 2/20/2020

Being easy to use, configure and completely aligned with ITIL framework we implemented it successfully with a fast user adoption; now I have full knowledge on what is going on in my department.

Pros

It have several options to create a ticket (from e-mail to a key on the keyboard - F11) and is powerful enough to support detailed customization (look and feel, personalized templates, e-mail with expected resolution dates, tickets categories, timers, notifications, etc).

Cons

Project tracking is rudimentary (Understood that it's not part of the scope)

Adedeji O.

SysAid is Awesome

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/30/2020

Pros

Ease of integration to other services like slack, ease of implementation and set up.

Cons

At this early stage, it's a bit difficult to identify features I don't like. All looks good so far.

Alfieri P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy to use and based on ITIL

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Sysaid functions as a centralized system where all ITIL workflows can be customized based on company requirements.

Pros

Incident management
Change management
Asset management
Self service portal

Cons

Patch management
Patch management reports

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chris W.
Industry: Facilities Services

SysAid is a great product that could be a fantastic product

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

We were able to get a comprehensive product that gave us the biggest bang for our buck compared to any other product. Overall we are very happy with it. Support, not so much. There are lots of things we would change, or focus on changing for sure.

Pros

We like SysAid because of it's flexibility in design. We are easily able to create new forms and templates for different kinds of tickets and as such were able to roll out SysAid to our entire company and it is now utilized by every department in our company. We love the workflow features and that we are able to incorporate data from our active directory infrastructure to be able to identify end users and their departments or managers. We are very happy with our ability to modify and maintain escalation rules. Because the system is operating on Microsoft SQL Server we have been able to very successfully use SQL Reporting Services to generate very robust reports to provide our management teams with metric data that was previously unavailable.

Cons

Getting support is like pulling teeth. Some design element a lacking suck as the ability to edit and remove and or re-arrange workflow tabs. The system seriously lacks any granularity in administrator security and data security. Example, in order for an Admin to be able to use the LogMeIn feature, they have to be a SysAid Administrator. However with over 75 Administrators in our organization, we don't want them all to have the power to change our system configuration. So it lacks foresight that a feature like that would require the keys to the house to be able to use. The same thing goes for designing templates. There is a security role to be able to modify and design templates, but you cannot create custom fields and new lists with that role, so users cannot complete the designing of their forms without having been given the SysAid Admin role which is more power than we want them to have over the system. This leads to unforeseen problems where departments admins start making changes to the system without knowing that the change does not only affect them or their department. Canned reporting is not great. Even the custom reporting feature is not good.

Lori S.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Great Help Desk management system

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

SysAid team is great! they are very responsive and always there to help.

Pros

Ease of use. Workflow capabilities are great. Easy to setup new groups, categories, ect.

Cons

Reporting functions are getting better but still in progress.

Joe W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I love SysAid!!!!!!!!!1

Reviewed on 2/21/2020

I have now used SysAid at 4 companies. Every company I go to I change out their system to SysAid.

Pros

It has so many features included with the product. It's very easy and intuitive to use. It has all the tech ops tools I need under one roof. We're changing the way our entire business functions with an IT tool.

Cons

Setting up incident management is easy. Finding the capacity to setup all the features and functionality has been a challenge. This isn't a con but more of a frustration for me. It's easy to see everything it can do and use cases. The challenge is putting all the thoughts into logic to make it happen.

Leonel L.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A great IT service management tool

Reviewed on 8/13/2019

for years we needed to get KPI's based on the support workload for the IT team, now we can have them with sysaid

Pros

easy to use tool for end users, and capabilities for reporting services

Cons

very restricted directly access to database.

Luis a. D.
Industry: Computer Software

Nice tool to manage IT Recourses

Reviewed on 6/13/2020

Is good, actually, I don't conceive to manage IT ticketing outside SysAid.

At first you have to be familiar with some administrative options, but in couple of hours you would be ready to go.

Pros

Powerful platform with different Approaches. I have modules to administrate efficiently your Tickets and incident related to Service Desk, and project manajement.

BI and regular Reports are a hit!, you can customized all of the thing and assign timer to different stages. There as a portal that you can share with your customers to auto-services an follow-up their tickets

Cons

Poor options to project management and low performance. The look'n'feel is bad, and confusing.
I would prefer to avoid that module if you have some middle-size projects, and go to MS project instead.

Ahsan K.
Industry: Construction

SysAid

Reviewed on 8/30/2019

We are using SysAid to manage our day to day incidents and requests. Along with that we have de-commisioned solar winds and intune and only use SysAId as our Asset management.

Pros

We implemented SysAid for our ticket and asset management system. SysAid is nothing but a great system which can improve productivity drastically. The thing I like most about the system is that the varieties in which it could be molded depending on customers needs. I will definitely suggest SysAid.

Cons

I have not come across any cons until now.

Gregg S.
Industry: Automotive

Easy to Use and Easy to Modify for your needs

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

HIGHLY recommend it. There is flashier looking packages on the market, that DO NOT perform as well and definitely not for the price. And I feel none hold a candle to the support and effort to be even better DAILY than SYSAID.

Pros

I have been using SYSAID for 15+ years. I find it is very easy to understand and use. It is highly customizable without the need for complex interactions or training from SYSAID. THE SUPPORT from SYSAID is far beyond any other Vendor I have dealt with in 35+ years of IT work.

Cons

Some features advertised fall a little short of what you may expect but always meet what they say..The Ever evolving product sometimes creates an expectation that just doesn't quite reach the level I am expecting

Jon S.

Exceptional Customer Support & Powerful Service Desk

Reviewed on 1/27/2016

First off let me start off with saying that we've have had our issues with SysAid over the years but SysAid has improved leaps and bounds since we decided to go with them and I'm glad we stuck with them despite the issues.

We first rolled SysAid out locally and have since migrated to their cloud edition. We utilize almost all of the features offered by SysAid.

****LIKES MOST****
-Features: Incredibly powerful and feature rich service desk. If locally hosted you can control virtually every aspect of the service desk and customize it to your liking. -Customer Support: Amazing customer support and online community. You can tell the team behind SysAid is passionate about their product. -Price: Comparatively speaking SysAid is equal or lower in annual cost to operate (we use the Cloud edition). -Reporting: MUCH improved reporting. -Asset Management: Possibly my favorite feature. SysAid will scan my network and add assets to my service desk. SysAid will alert me when certain events occur with the asset and keep my assets up-to-date.

****LIKES LEAST****
- Lack of integration with third party applications however SysAid is currently working on this. - Ease of use: SysAid is packed full of functionality and it can be a little intimidating or difficult to get setup however the online help and online community make things a much easier. - Lack of high-level, customizable dashboards which are common with other service desks. - Lack of email response integration which is common with other service desks. SysAid does integrate with email servers however for email responses to link to the ticket the message must be generated using the messaging system within the service desk. Communication with the end user via an email client will not tie back to the service desk ticket.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your honest feedback- it's extremely valuable to us. I know that your account manager has since been in touch with you to ensure that you're familiar with all of SysAid's customization options in the cloud- which are identical to those offered in the locally-hosted (on-premise) solution.

You mentioned that you could benefit from a high-level dashboard, so I'm hoping that you've now had a chance to check out SysAid's new BI Analytics module- just released in January 2016. This is an out-of-the-box BI tool powered by Qlik and now built in to SysAid, that will save our customers enormous time and resources on obtaining critical data. Thank you again for all of your comments!

Kim.

Frank V.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

SysAid Helpdesk

Reviewed on 4/8/2019

Excellent! We have used it for many years. Our users like our seasonal theme on the home page. A really nice feature is the ability to keep track of instructions on procedures and how-to articles. We used to keep electronic documents for all that and still have some but having most of them in one place all categorized has made it much easier to find the one we need.

Pros

How flawless it works all the time. Even when we make user errors, the program never crashes. We have experienced a problem a few times over the years. Support is very fast and provides correct fixes right away. We have the ability to make changes in all the screens we use, to customize them for what we want and somewhat how they look. It's very fast. When a user enters a case, we see it immediately. There are far more features that we don't even use.

Cons

It's difficult to find locations for all the areas that can be customized. The whole user interface from the administrator's side could be improved by making it more friendly in finding my way around. The appearances for the whole thing could be polished up with better graphics.

Paul B.
Industry: Education Management

An invaluable tool for the management of IT Support

Reviewed on 6/8/2020

The remote control feature as assisted us a lot in the current Covdi-19 lockdown and Sysaid as still allowed us to provide the end users with IT support while still working from home.

Pros

The ease of use for the end user, and opening up of several ways of communication between the end user and support team, and the ability to keep the end user upto date with the progress of their submitted ticket.

Cons

customising some areas can be a little complex, I'm sure will get easier with more use.

Mario E.
Industry: Financial Services

Why we choose SysAid's Help Desk Software

Reviewed on 4/28/2020

Great support, they solve very quickly any doubt.

Pros

A very powerfull ticket management tool, is very easy to install it and start using it, you can modify/personalize the flow that the ticket will follow and create different roles for the team members, log the time of the activities and have an insight panel in where you can see a summary of the tickets pending for assignation, closed or being categorized depending of your needs.

Cons

So far I have no complaints, the software does their job

Charles S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Make you job easy

Reviewed on 6/5/2020

I love this product, I use it daily and it brings control to managing your Network. the support is fantastic and SysAid really wants you to use there software to the fullest extent with there training and support they have never left me down

Pros

Sysaid is a one shop stop for managing users and computer in you organization. from inventory, helpdesk, patch management and remote control. SysAid can not be beat

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about the product, I am very satisfied

Michael M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great product, wish we had the full version

Reviewed on 7/30/2020

We have had great success with Sysaid and truly rely on it everyday. We have improved several internal business processes for IT and Facilities by leveraging Sysaid and have greatly improved internal communications. We are interested in possibly upgrading to the full version in hopes of creating more automated processes, improving change management and implementing more project management techniques because of the benefits we have derived from the existing implementation.

Pros

The flexibility of the configuration, the automation, integrations and general ease of use are the aspects that we like most about Sysaid. We use Sysaid for far more than just the IT help desk and ticket tracking and we do not have the full version.

Cons

This is difficult for us as we do not have the full/complete version of Sysaid. My natural instinct is to dislike the fact that we do not have several of the features that would improve our operations without the added licensing expense. However, with the version we do have, the reporting, especially the custom reporting, could be improved.

Ryan B.

Great value for robust Help Desk software

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

Prior software (SchoolDude) was not made for IT Help Desk and was not user-friendly for any users. SysAid was about the same price and is IT-specific tool. Easy implementation and on-boarding of new product was nice.

Pros

Ease of implementation and ease of use for our End Users. LDAP integration was a plus; and reporting features are robust.

Cons

Occasional issues with the hosted environment and not always the clearest communication regarding causes of downtime or ETA to be up.

Coy N.
Industry: Building Materials
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

SysAid is a Great ITSM that provides a robust, feature rich experience

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Pros

SysAid has been instrumental in unifying the ticket and request workflows. Their professional support has always been receptive and their ability to present solution for complex business processes has always been impressive. We consider them a strong ally in assuring that our IT departments can provide the best service to our teammates.

Cons

SysAid is a resolutely stable system. It does everything its advertised as doing in a feature rich and robust manner. If I had to pick a critique its more along the lines of evolutionary. SysAid's features and visuals are currently being updated. This process is conducted in a manner as to not cause issues with various parts of the system. The consequence of this are various applications of a component in different manners in different "subsystems". This is smart on the company's part as it does not disturb any functionality of the overall system. For back-end administrator's, this transition can take adjustment as you jump from configuring various features. These changes are seamless in application for end users and administrators.