CoConstruct

Construction software for home builders and remodelers

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Bruce

Excellent!

Reviewed on 3/17/2019

CoConstruct has helped us streamline our office requirements per client job (ie less time spent on a computer). Our computer communication with clients now has a very professional look. I feel CoConstruct has stepped created a 21st century look to our companies technology. It helps us and our sub-contractors communicate and stay on schedule. We're very satisfied with the software and the client service.

Pros

Easy to use...streamlines our work process and communication with client...fantastic staff support.

Cons

The multi-step process for change orders. However, it may just be a new learning curve we need to overcome. And after attending Co-Camp, we believe we have a better grasp of the steps.

Ed

• Customer Support Software

Great for my Custom Home Building Company!

Reviewed on 2/5/2021

We use this mainly for client communication, daily log and picture and document distribution.

Pros

The two features that I like the most are: The customer communication and the scheduling. Most of the other features are similar to similar products but these two features stand out!

Cons

I do not use all of the features on this platform but they are similar to other products in this category. The iPhone App could use a refresh at the time of this review.

Sean

Free Trial is a Scam!

Reviewed on 5/26/2020

Free Trial is a scam! They don't provide any real experience with use of the software. Sales Consultants tell you that the only way to see how the software works is to sign up to the so-called "Free" trial. Although we ask them to implement templates, spends tens of hours to trial the software. Once we decided not to use it due to its big flaws in scheduling, accounting and day to day operation, they confirmed its all good and the refund will be processed. Later on, when I went through our Credit Card statement, I realised they never refunded. When I contacted them, they said we had to go through three official implementation sessions. Why should we go through Online Implementation Sessions if after getting to the details, the sales consultants confirm that it won't do what we need it to do!? What a scam!

Pros

Some general functionalities were okay but you can never try the actual software without purchasing the trial, so it looks good on the surface only.

Cons

Major flaws in accounting, scheduling and day to day job management such a submitting variations via phone.

Reasons for Choosing CoConstruct

Great software, great support team, honest sales consultants.

Reasons for Switching to CoConstruct

Scheduling, Accounting, day to day Job Management.

Response from CoConstruct

Sean This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I wanted to personally respond since we'd never want one of our customers to have what sounds like a bait-and-switch situation. I am having our team confirm that your refund was processed. If it wasn't for some reason, we'll make sure it is. Secondly, I want to clarify about the "free trial," since we have never offered a free trial in our 15-year history, nor used that "trial" language on our website. Some of our competitors do use that term (even though they don't actually offer free trials, either). So, I wanted to dispel concerns about our offer. However, you did sign up at a time when we offered a money back guarantee, which we'll absolutely make sure we fulfill. Finally, I hope we can reach out to get your concerns about the product itself. We don't try to be all things to all companies, but we can't improve if we don't ask. Thanks for posting, and I hope this addresses at least the most pressing of your concerns.

Shellina

Excellent product !!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently.
The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

Pros

How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button.
The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

Cons

I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

Reasons for Switching to CoConstruct

The interface seemed to be more user friendly, creating quotes and estimates was our main problem, we felt that Co-construct has better tools to help us build quotes suitable to our business.
Grant

Great Product

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

CoConstruct has automated a lot of processes for us. Some of which we were doing on paper. Some we weren't doing and now can do because CoConstruct makes it easy. It has made our business better. I don't really want to imagine running our business without it.

Pros

CoConstruct streamlines a lot of our process which makes our business better. It allows us to organize our communications with customers which they love!

Cons

Being able to print a change order with the customers name and a line for them to sign without sending it as an email would be good.

Reasons for Switching to CoConstruct

We signed up at the IBS in Las Vegas and like the promotion you were running there. Also we liked having access to the specs and selections at any level of service for CoConstruct. You had to pay more to get access to that with BuilderTrend.
Aaron

Excellent Software Tailored For The Industry

Reviewed on 9/23/2019

I am shifting all of my company's operations to either live on or interact with CoConstruct because of how robust the software is, and because it is forcing me to use the industry's best practices.

Pros

The abundant features are clearly the result of years of work implementing users' requests. Most of my ideas are already features.

Cons

The interface can be a little bit clunky at times, and once in a while there is not a convenient link where I expect one.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to CoConstruct

CoConstruct is carefully tailored to my industry and includes everything I need to manage my company efficiently and with excellent customer service.
Kim

Fairly easy to learn

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

Pros

Came into a workplace that is already using CoConstruct. Was fairly easy to learn and user friendly.

Cons

None at this time. Very happy with my experience so far.

Terrance

Excellent

Reviewed on 3/16/2022

Best and Excellent Software

Pros

User friendly and Smarty.Easy to understand!

Cons

I did not see any least thing about it.It solves all what I want to do

Jaroth

• Customer Support Software

CoConstruct a great software to manage

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

I like this software and I like the way that you can use it.

Pros

I really like the differents tools and functions that you can use in this software, thanks to them you can work properly with this software and use it in the best way.

Cons

I don't like that some functions are difficult to understand and the way that you need to understand them.

Jacob

Co construct review

Reviewed on 4/27/2022

­čĹŹ­čĆ╗

Pros

All the information one could need to build a custom home right at your fingertips.

Cons

Nothing I dislike this far. CouldnÔÇÖt be more pleased.

Dwayne

Absolutely the Best

Reviewed on 4/23/2020

Pros

To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature for us. Estimating is super easy and then over the the budget sheet to see how you are tracking with your profits. The schedule and how all tasks are able to have assigned team members or trade partners to them is essential to maintain your schedule and for the clients to see this all going on is crucial. The ability to keep all your photos and files in one location of on specific specifications is amazing.
Best of all the overview page shows you and your clients in a snapshot where the project is at.

Cons

There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

Reasons for Choosing CoConstruct

Ease of use and support

Reasons for Switching to CoConstruct

I used it as a trial and loved it.
Michael

• Customer Support Software

Co Construct Revultionizing Business Management For Remodeling and Custom Home Builders

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Co Construct has improved operations efficiency in several of the companies I have worked with. Co Construct is able to take a project from the first contact all the way through completion and provides an accountability for the client and the contractor which has been a big support gap in the past decade. Co Construct improves the builder and sub contractor experience as well with features that provide a daily log of comments and photos from the subs to the contractor in one place that is stored for record. Co Construct has also made keeping track of financials much easier and creating and facilitating change orders from the field. All of the features of Co Construct are streamlined in the mobile app for easy to train functionality with employees, subs and vendors. Overall I just cant express enough how Co Construct continues to improve the Remodel and Custom home sector of Residential construction.

Pros

Co Construct is so much more than a project management software system. Co Construct integrates your entire business operation into one easy to use cloud base platform. The support team dedicated to Co Construct users is a feature that no other company in this field can match. Co Construct continues to innovate their product daily through their client based interactions and feedback. Co Construct has gone above and beyond through their development of a "Community" discussion board within the existing software that enables all of their clients to interact with each other and the Co Construct ambassadors.
Co Construct offers Co Camp training as well as Co Con (annual conference based on builders engaging with other builders) this is a unique approach to not only improve clients knowledge of the software but will assist them with overall productivity in their respective businesses.
The Software itself is very easy to learn and very adaptable to any size business model. Co Construct has a library of videos to assist with the onboarding process. Co Construct has made a huge investment in securing their clients information as well.

Cons

It would be very difficult for me to identify anything that I do not like about this software. Co Construct has done a phenomenal job of identifying and improving any areas that were lacking in the offered software package and continues to develop more efficient improvements. I look forward to the future as they continue to grow the Leads feature as well as integration into the mainstream calendar support.

Brett

• Customer Support Software

Wouldn't run a construction company without it

Reviewed on 4/23/2020

CoConstruct has allowed us to integrate all project related information in one, web based platform that can be accessed from anywhere, including a fantastic mobile application for use in the field. Not only are we providing our clients with greater communication and visibility to the progress of their investment, but internally everyone has access to all the information relevant to a job, in one location. As a result, we have become more efficient and more profitable.

Pros

You can tell right from the start that this software was built by a builder, for builders. It completely integrates all aspects, from initial lead intake, estimating, specs, bid management, proposals, financial integration, project scheduling, task tracking, employee time management, and the list goes on and on. It links the builder with all their trade partners, and all their clients, providing a seamless platform that all information feeds in and out from, keeping track of it all in an extremely organized fashion. The level of support the CoConstruct team provides is top notch, with responses to support tickets often within the hour, the value of which is often overlooked when considering a software package.

Cons

From an overall perspective, the software has more available in it than we have been able to use currently, which gives us runway for future continual improvement. When we have had concerns, the CoConstruct help team has been able to quickly assist with answers, and they have even implemented some ideas for improvement we have suggested.

Bailey

Co-ConstructIVE

Reviewed on 1/15/2016

Pros

This business is much less office and far more job-site. Consequently, running the jobs on the administration side of things can be hard to schedule, organize and maintain. Speaking as the administrative assistant for a construction company, I am so grateful that this product is in our hands. I don't get to see what's going on with each job, I don't have in-person communication with clients, nor do I spend much time working with our subcontractors in-person. This program easily allows me to keep a strong grasp on the scheduling and organization of our jobs, keep an open dialogue with everyone involved and it allows me to stay informed on what is going on with each site. Not to mention, it's very straight forward and user friendly for everyone. On top of it, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort the team makes in always trying to better the product and take our suggestions into consideration, as well as taking time to talk with us any time we need assistance or have something to contribute.

Cons

I think the mobile app could definitely use some tweaking/time. While it's very nice to have an app that is easy to access, there are far less features. What you can do (adding, editing, etc.) is all extremely limited on the mobile app. I just wish there was more time put into improving the app instead of so much work on the web version.

Dan
  • Industry: Design

System overall is very user friendly and easy to navigate

Reviewed on 9/4/2018

I think the software is good and has a lot of great features , the invoicing to clients through quickbooks is the the limiting

Pros

the scheduling being global , our suppliers and contractors are enjoying the access the estimating and selection integration is too a very powerful piece of equipment which our contractor use

Cons

The integration with quick books is very limiting we are unable to progress claim to our clients through this which almost makes us want to not use co construct
I have been told that Quickbooks does not progress claim.
Australian Quickbooks does but the GST can not be altered to 15% from 10%. So no one can use this apart from Australia.
Can you please explain what co construct recommendation is for its accounting software so we can use the system fully.No builder that I know bills a house at the end of the build or in one go.We develop also and our banks require progress payments for work being completed so we can fund the projects along with all our clients requiring claims.
I have been lead around in circles for 2 weeks now trying to get a solution.
Can Co Construct confirm its solution to use all its features

Response from Donny

Dan -- We're glad the scheduling features are working well for you. Our product team will be in touch to learn more about what you see as some of the limitations in the QuickBooks version for New Zealand. Many of our clients want to move as much of their financial management into CoConstruct, regardless of the capabilities of their accounting system, so we will soon be adding invoicing capabilities, which will then push those invoices into QuickBooks. We want to make sure that will fully satisfy your needs, but I think help is on the way!

Anna

Improves Efficency, Communication, and Organization

Reviewed on 5/21/2020

We used excel spreadsheets for budgets adn allowances prior, and had to create any document ourselves to try to organize the process. I was constantly asking the project manager for spec and allowance updates. It was a manual process trackign change orders, so many probably slipped through the cracks. With CoConstruct, all of the information is at our fingertips, literally. We have not shared all feature with clients, but did share the selection choice and change orders, and that along was greatly helpful.

Pros

So many things....To Dos that sync with my calendar, the ability to save templates, to easily look up the budget or allowances, create and track change orders, add selection options, easily comment/track communications on any feature (if I have a queston on a spec or selection, I can comment on that exact item, easily tracking specific conversations). It has greatly impacted the small GC/Builder I contract with.

Cons

Not sure I have one....as a Residentail Designer, being able to create room schedules would be nice, but this software is not meant for designers, it is meant for construction.

David

Reviewed on 3/12/2013

We are family run business that does all types of home remodeling, from kitchens and baths to whole house remodels. In this day and age, there are a lot of good remodelers out there who can do the same level of work as we can, but they may not have a lot of business sense. We have come to realize that homeowners are looking for home remodeling companies to come in and get out as quickly as possible.

Since we know this, we needed an edge on our competition and we looked at how we could improve our business. This meant reviewing the processes of the company and looking at where we could improve. The two main areas we needed to improve upon were scheduling and change orders. Both were done on pad and paper - very time consuming. We spoke to other remodelers in our peer group at Remodelers Advantage and searched online for software that could help us with those two areas. We purchased Microsoft Project and that worked well for us, but didn't help us with change orders. So we kept looking for a software product that would help us with change orders and finally found Co-construct.

I scheduled a demo with Donny and we went through everything. We couldn't believe the functionality that was included then, and so much has been added since we started in April 2011.

We were up and running on Co-construct in hours. Since it is all cloud based, we don't have to worry about installing software on our office computers and keep up with the upgrades.

Donny and his team have always been there when I have had questions, and their response is quick. Every month, open conference calls are available to members where you can dial in and ask questions or get assistance with using the program from Donny.

The software has made it so easy for us to get signed change orders. When the homeowner gets an email letting them know change order needs to be approved, he/she will log into Co-construct and click the button to accept the change order - that's it. It couldn't be any more simple. It saves my company hours every month and allows us to collect on change orders much more quickly.

The calendar/scheduling feature is really nice because I can make the schedule available to the homeowner and our trade contractors. Instead of giving the trade contractors a piece of paper, they can go on-line and see the schedule. The program also emails them when they are added to a project schedule and when their task is coming up.

The Co-construct team is always looking for software improvements which means they are always thinking ahead for the next great thing to add.

Jonathan

Game Changer

Reviewed on 10/29/2018

If you're not using this program and you have competition in your area that is. Get ready to be had. I tell people all the time, "If you don't have this, you're not competing on the same level as me."

Pros

Effective at streamlining the construction process and technical support that cannot be beat. This program has allowed us to make more money on each project as well as allow us the control to handle more projects at one time with the same management team.

Cons

There is a lot going on with this program. So you will need to take time to settle into using every function. It can seem daunting at times but the technical support makes it much easier. Does not have a calendar that we can use at this time. If there were a calendar more like a day to day calendar like Google Calendar this would make our type of work much easier to schedule. As it is now the calendar is good for new construction where you're subbing most if not all of it out, but it doesn't function well for in house day to day operations like estimating or when guys have multiple stops in the day.

Aaron

Top shelf!

Reviewed on 6/27/2019

Co-Construct saves me hours off my work week every week. This is important to me because I'm running a business and raising four kids. Time is super important to me right now and Co-Construct allows me to stay highly organized and to get home to my kids at a decent time every night, even earlier than I could before I started using Co-Construct. The ability to share photos and ideas with customers and trade partners and keep it all organized in one spot versus having to sort through multiple emails is a life saver!

Pros

I love the seamless communication I can have with my customers and my trade partners! Co-Construct makes my job easier and saves me hours every week by organizing my work life through their program and the mobile app makes my job even easier by being able to communicate with my team on the go. Spend the money, it's worth it if you value your time! They also have an awesome support team and they are always quick to answer any of our questions. Overall top shelf operation!

Cons

No major cons at this time and I've been using the program for five years.

Sarah

Tremendous Help

Reviewed on 3/22/2018

The program has been a huge help to our business from estimating to the finished product. It does take some work and commitment to get it set up and we are still making some changes to some of that, but it is totally worth the effort. The customer service team is extremely helpful, they can almost always answer our questions in one phone call, if not on that call, they have always followed up so we are not left with unanswered questions.

Pros

Creating the estimate in Co-Construct and have that tie directly into the specs & selections section keeps all the information in one place, in a very organized manner. The customers can see exactly what we plan to build and the materials we will use, decreasing the chance of last-minute surprises for both us and the customer. We can easily show customer ways to save and give them options for upgrades.

Cons

It takes some work to get set up which seemed overwhelming at first, but the customer service team was able to assist during that time. The time investment into the set up was well worth it. And like most things, we are learning as we go - so we still, even after a year, are making some tweaks to our template, making it better and better each time.

David

• Customer Support Software

Exceptional product for managing multiple home remodeling projects at the the same time

Reviewed on 9/27/2017

If you are a home remodeler or builder, this software is most like going to save you time and money if you use it the way it was built to be used.

Pros

The scheduling module has helped us make sure that we keep to the projects timeline and at the end compare how we did to what our baseline was at the start of the project. Our clients really like the ability to have a project management tool that allows them to communicate, see overview of the financials, make selections, approve change orders, see pictures, access project files and have a repository for messages in one place. The mobile app is a huge benefit to us because we can update the schedule in the field, see what tasks are due to be completed while at the job site and look at a file when out of the office.

Cons

Would like the ability to know when we have overbooked an employee or sub for the day when preparing and updating the schedule when running multiple projects.

Steve

Reviewed on 3/30/2013

In another life, I was a senior executive of a public home builder. We spent countless man-hours and untold amounts of money attempting to design a enterprise wide software that could do some of the functionality of Co-construct. We never did. It's my understanding that a number of public builders have to one degree or another done the same thing. Millions of dollars later, few, if any, accomplished what Co-construct has done in integrating the customer with the builder in a friendly, logical, affordable and immensely useful tool.

It marries the client to the builder in a way that removes most of the causes of misunderstanding. It enhances the overall relationship. Instead of a lost stream of email correspondence, each communique is documented in the system for posterity. Questions disappear. Changes get documented. Discussions get verified. Change order confusion evaporates. Scheduling "dropped balls" are reduced or eliminated. Selection deadlines get met to the satisfaction of both parties. Choices get documented without confusion. Pricing and cost adjustments go through a vetting process that virtually eliminates controversy.

Finally, after building an excellent house, we have a system that seals the client's relationship by providing a warranty follow up system that keeps the builder informed of critical issue regarding warranty that can sour the relationship if "forgotten" or inadvertently delayed because of misplaced priorities.

One of the underlying and essential components of Co-construct is its "notifications" protocol. This allows all the team members to remain informed and up to date. It makes the excuse of "I forgot" or "I didn't know" disappear. The program "badgers the life out of you" until you get it done and check it off in Co-construct as "completed". This function acts like a matronly personal assistant daily reminding you of outstanding items requiring you or a team members attention.

With the downsizing many of us have had to endure during this downturn, Co-construct offer a welcome productivity tool that fills in the gaps of lost personnel. Does it do everything we'd like it to do? No not yet, but with the excellence Co-construct has accomplished thus far, enhance modules we be enthusiastically received. We'll never build another house without Co-construct.

Giovanni

Reviewed on 3/12/2013

We are a custom home builder building high-end houses costing $700,000 on average. We are now starting to build more project homes and are attempting to build more volume into our business. Over the past four years it has been difficult to run a business in this economic environment. The upside of this is that it has forced us to look for new and streamlined ways to run and communicate within our business.

That is where Co-construct comes in. We purchased the software fifteen months ago and have never looked back. It was instantly easy to use. The online tutorials were easy to follow, but I like to tinker first and ask for help second. I found that within an hour I was using 60% of the functionality of the software. Our clients and team have had the same experience.

We have found that the software is a vital part of our organization that not only helps to capture and resolve any communication problems, but also to formalise and systematize our process. We use Co-construct as an internal system as much as a system to manage the client's needs by uploading purchase orders, plans, doing defects lists, and communicating with our trades. I particularly like the functionality where once I have completed a task, the appropriate people have instantly and automatically been notified to the change or task.

On the rare occassion we have had issues with the software (mostly user issues) we have always had a prompt response to the issue and had it sorted out within 24 hours of logging it into the system. We are now starting to expand our business, and with new team members coming on board I feel that we have a system that will help to create a similar experience for each client.

I suppose that the true measure of a software is to try to imagine what our business was like prior to getting it, or what would happen if we stopped using Co-construct. I dont want to contemplate it, as it has woven its way into nearly all aspects of our business and is now irreplaceable to us.

I have given a very high rating to Co-construct based on my previous experience using a CRM system where my experience has been the absolute opposite: difficult to use and little support by their customization partners.

Thanks so much Co-construct for the tool that has allowed me to confidently build my business.

Keith

• Customer Support Software

Great organizational tool for our business!

Reviewed on 5/21/2018

I think a step by step start up kit would be a good idea. Do this first, then that, then this and so on.
Separate it by category. Estimators work on their thing, office managers have theirs and project managers do as well. Those departments can explain things to the others once they understand them better. Trying to learn the whole program is impossible at first. We are more than 1yr in and still learning new things.

Pros

The scheduling feature is what I like best. I am the project manager for our company and having schedule templates with predecessors is a big time saver. Communicating with clients and trade partners together is also easier than being the middle man and repeating things twice. This keeps me in control, but lets all of us talk.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and it takes a long time and a lot of errors to get it so it's working well for us. There is only so much you can learn at once. Co-construct has camp that we went to in the beginning, but trial by fire and calling the support line is the only way we have learned. Great support center!

Dean

Almost 10 Year Users

Reviewed on 4/18/2019

I believe we were early adopters in early 2010 of a new product. Its been a pleasure to watch it evolve and get more sophisticated, and incorporate ours and others feedback. While many of the accounting integration aspects are un used by us it clear they have been responsive to users requests.

Pros

Selections and Money
We are a very custom builder and the selections tab allows for thorough and documented communication of a choice.

The financial tab allows for easily keeping the client current on investment expectations, especially as they make choices in selctions.

Cons

Not much, but if I had to say one thing it might be the schedule. It has evolved a lot in the almost 10 years we have used it, but it still can be glitchy and not as sophisticated in some ways as MS Project which we moved from.