Moz Pro

4.5/5

• Industry: Insurance Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Against newer entrants, Moz still holds up.

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

Pros

Moz is still king for Keyword research. Their link analysis, while not as slick as aHrefs, does a good job as well.

Cons

Moz could do a lot better for competitive analysis - I wish they'd take back some market share from SEMRush.

Response from Moz

Thanks for the review! Good to know that you are enjoying the keyword research and link analysis features. We've shared your feedback about competitive analysis with the team.

Brooks M.

• Customer Support Software

No longer an industry leader, but still a solid product

Reviewed on 2019-11-27

Moz Pro helps us with Local SEO, keyword tracking (for specific locations which is awesome), backlink analysis, reporting, and technical site crawls. I utilize the community Q&A to bounce questions off of other experts as well.

Pros

Having used many SEO softwares and Digital Marketing Suites, my favorite thing about Moz is its approach to data. The team at Moz is meticulous in producing accurate and responsible data within their tool. Domain Authority (along with the MozBar) are incredibly helpful in gauging a site's ability to rank. I love their keyword tracker - it's really easy to use. Since its most recent update, Moz's link explorer is now one of the best and boasts one of the largest link databases in the industry. Last but not least, the Moz community is incredible. The Q&A is great and high quality, really helpful.

Cons

I don't necessarily dislike anything about Moz (I do think the user interface could be better), but in general almost every one of their tools has a superior option out there. SEMRush has far better keyword and topical research tools, Screaming Frog performs a better crawl, Majestic (subjectively) has better link data, and Ahrefs has better reports (in my opinion). I also think since seemingly changing who they do citation management through, their Local SEO tool is not what it should be.

Rob C.

Powerful but flawed

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

As the person on our team tasked with optimizing our website and content for search, I have gotten a lot of use out of Moz. It's generally a good tool for accomplishing the basics, which for me means doing the day-to-day of SEO-informed content marketing, such as keyword research, campaign tracking, some link-building, etc. I hear that there are some pricier alternatives that work better in specific areas, but as a decently priced option that does everything pretty well, Moz is a good choice. I've gotten great results in boosting our site's performance in my time using it.

Pros

I quite enjoy using Moz most of the time. It does a lot of different tasks quite well, including keyword research, SERPs ranking monitoring, backlink checking, etc. For budding SEOs on teams with the budget, it's a useful tool to get started with. I currently use it daily at work, and I find it works great for my main use for it, being tracking rankings both daily and as part of ongoing campaigns to increase our company's standing in Google search.

Cons

My main gripe with this software is that it seems features are often struggling to work correctly. Rank tracker in particular has been a source of frustration, with the feature just not working at all for weeks. While it's not strictly necessary to monitor the day-by-day ranking fluctuation of pages against specific keywords, it's something that Moz's rank tracker is supposed to enable you to do, so the fact that it doesn't work consistently is quite annoying.

Dave D.

Decent Organic Tracking & Tools

Reviewed on 2017-02-23

Long time (happy) customer. They seem to have nailed the rank tracking and their index is average compared to others like ahrefs. Really shines when it comes to competitor analysis in the organix space. Absolutely essential for organic and content audits. really wish they'd provide more tools though as the organic channel is becoming more and more opaque as Google does too.

Pros

Fantastic rank tracking and competitive analysis reports.

Cons

Clunky, slow, forced design language and expensive.

Sundeep G.

Moz is good but it can be better.

Reviewed on 2020-03-30

As a Digital Marketing manager, I have to explore various tools and pick the best one based on the features provided and also taking into consideration the price. Moz is still a very good tool with good UI/UX however there are a lot of alternatives to this.

Pros

The biggest asset for Moz is easily its community,you add a question there and you will receive a variety of choices in no time. Having said that, Moz is a good tool for SEO and the it the way it represents data is cool and easily readable.

Cons

If you have been in SEO for sometime there is nothing in particular to dislike about MOZ because all most all the other tools match up to it. However subscription is something that needs to be there for the tools to function at its full potential.

Response from Moz

Hi Sundeep, thanks for the review. Great to hear you like the Moz Community and find the data in Moz Pro cool and easy to read.

Meisha B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great SEO Tool for Small Teams/Clients

Reviewed on 2019-08-01

Solid SEO product for the price.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to use and includes all of the basic features you could want in an SEO tool—keyword tracking (the core functionality), backlink explorer, and a handy keyword research tool. Moz is also incredibly affordable compared to more enterprise solutions. Their training and support team is wonderful and they offer tons of great FREE resources on SEO training, best practices, etc.

Cons

That being said, Moz is not an 'enterprise' level solution. I've worked with Moz for an internal team and on the agency side, and I've worked with a few other solutions as well. If you work with large sites/data sets or manage multiple clients, I've found better luck with true enterprise products.

Mike P.

Amazing all-in-one SEO suite

Reviewed on 2018-06-27

Pros

Easy to set up my site and start tracking my rankings, keyword positions (local and national) , site traffic, back-links and so much more. I love the fact that it keeps me up to date on any site issues that I may have as well.

Cons

The "traffic from search" feature would be a lot more useful if you were able to easily determine the actual search terms used to find my site.

Kristen H.

• Customer Support Software

A great resource for inbound marketers

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

As an inbound marketer, Moz makes it easy for me to bring in more leads through Google search. A good chunk of our leads come from landing pages with forms, and the higher those pages rank from the keywords we enter into Moz, the more likely we are to get more marketing qualified leads in the door. It helps make my job easier.

Pros

I love how easy it is to search for and analyze potential keywords, and then easily add them in and monitor the results and movement of how pages with that keyword are ranking. The analytics and results that Moz provides are very detailed and helpful. It's easy to spend an hour every week making sure we're as optimized as possible.

Cons

These seems like something silly to complain about, but I almost feel like Moz has too many great features. They're all useful features, but it took me a while to figure out all of its functionality when we first got started. Once I figured it out though, it's been a lifesaver.

Cj P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best of the Bunch

Reviewed on 2021-07-29

The problem is two fold. We need to know how to be smartest with our content strategy, and we also need to present what we're doing and how we're doing it. Moz has made both of those things easier.

Pros

There's a ton of tools for Keyword research, planning, and strategy. Moz is the easiest to use and the most powerful from a strategy and planning perspective. It gives you all the tools you need in a way that's easy to understand, and easy to explain to known analysts.

Cons

It would be nice if it was more plug-and-play for presentations. Other than that, it's really simple to use and that's honestly my ONLY complaint.

Semrush

Response from Moz

Hi CJ, thanks so much for your review! Awesome to know that you find Moz Pro so easy to use, and helpful with your strategy and planning. Great to have you with us.

Jason B.

Incredibly useful tool

Reviewed on 2018-05-10

This helped our Organic search grow tremendously with some very hard work.

Pros

SEO Moz has helped me create SEO powerhouses in many industries. Their tools are incredibly useful and easy to understand. Whenever you do not know how to use something, their customer service team is incredible with helping and they get back to you right away. I have been in marketing for many years and I would highly suggest marketers and business owners to use this tool.

Cons

Sometimes there are so many tools to use that you can forget about some of them. We are fortunately to have a few team members on marketing so each member has specific tasks they pay attention to in Moz.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The best SEO tool on the market

Reviewed on 2019-02-22

Pros

The campaign feature which crawls my website weekly and flags any errors or improvements to me. The keyword research tool is also market-leading.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a frustrating lack of data on keyword search volumes in the UK.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Overall pretty happy with using MozPro. You do need to have a solid understanding of SEO...

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

Helps identify areas of our website that need to be optimized for SEO. Also helps us benchmark against our competition. Also very useful for tracking backlinks to our website.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and use the platform. Their site crawl feature is great at identifying issues that need to be resolved. They provide great tips on what each tip means and what impact it will have. Like any tool you need to spend time to set it up properly. It's a very powerful tool once the right foundation is in place.

Cons

Their onboarding isn't great. I've tried to get a new team member to go through their new account onboarding & they tried to charge for providing this training which almost made me cancel our plan.

Paola P.
  • Industry: Photography

Dipping my toes into SEO with the help of MOZ

Reviewed on 2017-07-21

Pros

I never knew I could have so much information on my competitors through it! It is like a roadmap to where you need to be in order to be findable on search engines. This is what I liked the most.

Cons

Like with everything, you need to know exactly what you are looking for or you'll get lost. This is such a powerful tool that you can do so much with... so it's easy to get lost in the features. Just focus on what you are looking to get from it and you'll be fine, though.

Thea H.

Good SEO Tracking

Reviewed on 2018-12-09

Pros

I really like how this software has helped my company track keywords and check out the quality of backlinks. For our use, looking at what our competitors are doing and how we are ranking against them has been the most positive. Not having an SEO background and being self taught, MOZ has been useful for us to get information that we can interpret ... basically their dashboard and layout is intuitive and gives good descriptions as to what all the information relates to. For the price it has been overall a good investment for our company.

Cons

The cons are probably on me and my lack of knowledge, but at times it does feel like there are falling behind the industry. That being said, SEO changes so quickly that I can imagine its hard to keep up with at the rate that it changes.

Mary L.

• Customer Support Software

Best SEO tool on the market

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

Pros

Moz has been our go to SEO tool for over 5 years. We use the Link Explorer, Keyword Explorer, Open Site Explorer daily.

Great SEO bar

Reviewed on 2018-06-04

Pros

Totally worth it to monitor and be on top of your SEO needs. Great UX, user friendly and incredible data.

Cons

I really love everything about this software. Sometimes it takes a while to load which would be my only negative.

Vivek K.

Best link tracking tool

Reviewed on 2018-11-24

We have used moz on and off now over an year. We have used along with ahrefs and found moz results to be more accurate - we have also been able to generate more opportunities for backlinks for ourselves.

Pros

The update index and link tracking capabilities that have been added to moz over the last few months makes it absolutely indispensable. For a SEOers, tracking link quality and link updates is the first port of call. Moz is now the best tool that does that

Cons

The pricing feels slightly expensive but I guess the utility is also very time bound. Nothing apart from that.

• Customer Support Software

A must for anyone working in SEO

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Pros

Moz Pro is a lifesaver when it comes to generating keyword research and building strategies around SEO

Cons

Keyword ranking updates every two weeks. Would be nice if it was more frequent.

Allen E.
  • Industry: Information Services

Best SEO Software

Reviewed on 2020-10-14

I have benefited with Moz Pro in so many ways mostly the overall features and functionalities made available for carrying out my Link Building Campaign and offering Backlink Services to clients and bloggers.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it provides me access to analyze and get my competitors full Backlinks and build my own links from there.

Cons

The least thing I like about this tool is that it doesn't provide accurate data for the right keywords volume and difficulty when conducting keywords research with the tool.

• Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

I use Moz Pro on a daily basis and their tools are second-to-none.

Reviewed on 2018-03-05

Pros

It does a lot of the hard work for me. Plus, it puts me a step ahead of my competitors. Whatever information you are looking for Moz will certainly have the tools to provide it.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to boil the bevy of numbers down to something you can use. But once you get a hang of it, it can be your most powerful tool.

Ryno V.

• Customer Support Software

Moz Pro has helped our company hugely

Reviewed on 2020-11-12

Moz Pro has helped us with our own company website/content as well as with all our clients to get SEO on par.

Pros

Moz Pro has a huge range of features, one of the best features is the on-page optimization suggestions.

Cons

Once logged in to Moz Pro for the first time it can be quite confusing because of the array of tools available, but once you get used to using it, it is simply great.

Response from Moz

Thanks for the positive review Ryno! Glad to hear you like so many of the Moz Pro features. If you ever need any help, you can always reach us at [email protected]

Daniel B.

Provides great SEO monitoring and optimization suggestions... but why?

Reviewed on 2017-12-26

Pros

Great analysis and reporting; gives you several actionable opportunities to raise your website's SEO, in addition to information about backlinks, competitors, local listings, etc.; probably the best SEO tool out there, but others are catching up.

Cons

Doesn't work well with HubSpot (as far as website visits go; there's a discrepancy between GA and HS); doesn't easily tell you WHY certain scores are the way they are unless you dig deeper; price point and plan limitations are a bit frustrating.

• Used for 6-12 months

• Customer Support Software

Extremely expensive, not a viable choice for a smaller business

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Excellent onsite SEO insights at a high level. Making use of these insights, however, calls for a higher level of SEO understanding than many people might have. For those doing SEO professionally however it probably is the gold standard.

Pros

It is very full featured and can potentially offer many insights. Many of them, however, may be more than many users actually really need. However, for a deep dive into a site's SEO is probably is the premiere offering of its type

Cons

There may be too many options in the pro version of the software and unless you are already very adept at SEO following some of the recommendations made can have a negative impact, the complete opposite of what people look to this software/service to do.

Seth C.

• Customer Support Software

It's great for competitive analysis

Reviewed on 2018-03-12

Pros

The knowledge base for Moz Pro is massive and it gives you access to so much information. You can analyze your own content, SEO, website, and more against your competitors. It gives you a leg up to see where you are in comparison and then you can adjust your strategy to succeed.

Cons

I don't think their dashboard is designed very well and it can be a bit confusing at times. I think they should put more time into the aesthetics of the site just as much as the features.

Kirstie W.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

VoiceNotes Financial Transcription is niche market but Moz helps

Reviewed on 2021-10-05

Good. But expensive but good dashboard and easy to navigate.

Pros

Can see volume and ranking together which is useful.

Cons

Feel it’s more US focussed. Would like a quote to fix bugs from someone they trust.

Response from Moz

Thanks for trying out our free trial and leaving a great review, Kirstie! If you have any questions about Moz Pro our Help Team is always happy to assist. You can reach them the [email protected]