Booker

Spa and Salon Business Management Software

4.1 /5 (923 reviews) Write a Review!

Tom R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Gregory O - Superb Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 2016-11-25

I want to sincerely thank Booker for the excellent service provided by Gregory O, during several recent requests we made; He has gone above and beyond, even supplying me with a level of data and assistance I was previously told would not be possible to get. He did it in an extremely expeditious and efficient manner and again affirms our confidence that Booker is the leading platform in our industry. Thanks again for providing such a great business tool and we look forward to using booker for many years to come.

Pros

The "all in one nature" of the platform but also the ability to have an online store that links to our actual inventory and pricing levels in real time. The confirmation email for appointments are a great asset to in terms of revenue loss prevention and saves time for our staff, not to mention our clients love the convenience. The pre-authorization of credit cards is a great function again for loss prevention.

Cons

1, There have been times recently were the downtime or stability (slowness) of the platform has not been acceptable.
2, The ip lock function only works with v4 ip addresses (most ISP's are now using v6's rendering the function useless unless you pay extra for static IP's.

Response from Booker

Tom - thank you for the great review and feedback on how we can improve Booker. I'll be sure to pass this along to our product team. Thanks! - Jason

Crystal W.

• Customer Support Software

sub par. Booker is always breaking on the busiest days, unreliable.

Reviewed on 2018-02-19

Pros

Booker does help us with booking appointments. Our clients really enjoy online booking, however i saw there is going to be an update in the next week. I will be curious to see how quickly they ruin what already works...

Cons

something is always wrong with the software. dropping credit cards, dropping appointments. they took away simple features and moved them to its new Frederick site. as a long time customer, we felt this move was unprofessional. you have to pay so much extra for something as simple as text or appointment reminders. (a feature that used to be FREE). the busiest Fridays, they will do site maintenance and you will be very embarrassed in front of your clients. happens way too much.

Response from Booker

Crystal -
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave a review for Booker! We're so happy to hear that your clients enjoy our online booking features.

We also want to thank you for providing constructive feedback on certain features that you feel are not working up to your standards. I will relay this information to our product development team so they are aware of the issues you are experiencing.

We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product.

Sara G.

• Customer Support Software

Booker keeps my life together!

Reviewed on 2017-01-20

I have been using Booker for several years now. I use it not only to run my business but to manage my life! I don't have employees, so Booker acts as my receptionist by sending confirmation/reminder emails and texts, Happy Birthdays, etc. I love that a little cupcake is displayed next to a client's name on the schedule when their birthday is near so I can remember to ask about their plans and make them feel special. This kind of thing makes clients want to keep coming back! Love the app as well as a quick reference. Customer service is rapid and always more than helpful. With a few more modifications and minor improvements, I would rate this company 5 stars! Thanks, Booker!

Pros

Almost everything.

Cons

There are a few bugs that still need to be worked out, especially with the app. Sometimes I have to cancel an appointment instead of just adjusting it, and then the client gets confused about the cancellation email. Also, I'm confused about the referral program. I recently referred a friend and she signed up. I have heard nothing back about it.

Response from Booker

Thank you so much Sara for your feedback and for using Booker. We're so glad that it's working for you!

We'll be in touch about the referral issue, or contact [email protected] if we can help out.

You rock!

Chris B.

Great Technology for Salons that want to scale and grow

Reviewed on 2017-08-03

Pros

Online Booking.
Flexibility with using Rooms vs. Employees.
Reporting.
Ability to manage all aspects of clients and employee data.

Cons

There's a lack of Sales Funnel Integration with Frederick i.e. There is so much data that is in Booker/Frederick, that should allow us to create customized sales funnels in order to remarket and market to our existing clients.

Frederick is limited into the emails sent, and there should be more control/flexiblity given to the owner.

Currently, i'm using Clickfunnels and other email software to close that loop to create email sales funnels as well as other sales funnels from paid traffic sources.

Digital Marketing is the future of all businesses and a crucial component of that is Sales funnels from organic traffic and paid traffic from FB ads, Youtube Ads, Instagram Ads to enter into Sales Funnels. The power to remarket and retarget those clients from Booker/Frederick Data can really scale each business and should be in the hands of the business owner/marketer.

We have been doing that manually using Clickfunnels and Other Email Software providers.

Vanessa C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Loads of Features that others lack

Pretty much everything

Pros

I love the loyalty points for my clients to be able to earn, I love being able to precharge and charge for no-shows as well as charge premiums for certain days of the week. And all of this happens while I focus on doing hair. I do not have to sit around and do anything but set it up. They give you a training call and help you with the features and setup. I learned it quickly but if I have a question I can simply call and speak with someone promptly.
I did have it once before and cancelled because of the price, then I came back because I found they were going to integrate with the clover mini as I already had one but it still hasn't worked out for that. I'm really waiting for that feature. Its just all around inclusive just somewhat costly.

Cons

Wish add-ons were visible to clients and can be set individually to desired service. Also client facing terminal is needed. Hate having to manual input charges outside of the system. I have to have 2 different merchant processors because of the issue with the clover. App works horribly for taking appointments over the phone. Deposits cannot be charged so I have to go into the browser version from my tablet.

Wendy R.

• Customer Support Software

I use the Booker software for my massage therapy business.

Reviewed on 2018-03-01

I used to always use a Daytimer and have to write appointments in. As my business has grown and I now have other therapists that work with me Booker is a much easier way for us all to be able to view everyone's work schedule for the day/week/month.

Pros

I love availability of the software via computer or mobile devices. It allows all of us to set our schedules and everyone can view what the calendar of appointments looks like. It is also nice to be able to block time out when needed. The ease of scheduling and taking payment allows us to utilize our customer service skills with our clients. Our clients love the fact that they are able to receive reminders via text or email. This in turn saves us time by not having to call them the day before their appointment. It is also nice that they can book appointments online. Monthly reporting is a huge help when it comes to tax time! The marketing feature through Fredrick is also very helpful!

Cons

There are a few features that we are unable to do via our mobile device versus through the computer.

Alexander R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Booker is awesome compared to other software options

Reviewed on 2020-12-22

Very good experience

Pros

Definitely go with booker, I used the software for 5 years. It’s cheaper than most competitors for the great performance it has, booker is more user friendly and has multiple different pathways to solve the same problem to offer multiple routes of action. So like I said I worked with booker for a long time and loved it, however the corporate branch of our company has recently forced the rest of us franchises to transition to another software that is not booker. Honestly I’m sad because booker was so much better than this new software is and there’s nothing we can really do. This is software is terrible as it has made the user experience of our employees and clients much more difficult, both of which were aspects that booker excelled in.

Cons

Honestly nothing bad to say about booker

Zalla O.

8 years and counting

Reviewed on 2017-01-24

I've been using booker for 7 years in my business after a year using it elsewhere and it's grown with me and my business from a single service provider to 20 employees with 2 locations. It's pretty great. Always adding new features. Phone customer service is *usually* on point, but chat sucks and going through the online search of issues never reveals the answer I need. My employees love having access to their schedules from anywhere. We love all the ways it helps us remain paper free - we can enter digital intake forms and notes, and send e-receipts. And they're always trying new things to help us market better and retain customers.

Pros

Ease of access from anywhere, availability of online booking

Cons

Online booking is clunky (hard to just say when is Niki available this week). Booking needs more robust features (only allow certain services at certain times)

Response from Booker

Thank you for your feedback Zalla. Sounds like you've built a wonderful successful business. We're honored that you've chosen to run and grow your business with Booker.

Sasha N.

• Customer Support Software

I really like using booker, it is intuitive and easy to use. However, there are too many slow...

Reviewed on 2017-08-03

easy to use and navigate and get my business running from day one.

Pros

Easy, good functionality, decent customization options. Navigation is pretty simple an intuitive for the most part - orders is a bit clunky as you have to hit add order 3 times to get to actually inputting an order.

Cons

Reliability. There are/were quite a few slow downs and when it goes down it really impacts my business. I know it's not fool proof, but it would be great to have a back-up streamed line version that could operate when the main one goes down. Kind of like a safe boot mode in Windows. Also, the pop-ups are a bit annoying - most are not useful and dismissed out of hand. It would be better to have these in their own tab and like a badge icon indicate new info so I can review at my own pace. I am usually trying to do something when they pop up so I dismiss them and they are never read.

Lisa W.

• Customer Support Software

Very user friendly with lots of options

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

All my scheduling and appointment processing and business organization with it everywhere i go!

Pros

All the different types of reports that can be produced. Also that it is easy to combine client profiles when they make a new one online. I love that people can book online for various appiintments, they absolutely love that...and that their CC stays on their too so they can do it on the fly.

Cons

The online training sessions arenxt recorded to be seen at a later time if you miss the actual meeting time. Some of the trainings i would like to be a part of or at least view, but the times dont work with my schedule...if they could be accessed at a time more useful to me that would be great! Another thing is that i wish we could personalize the wording on the reminder text messafes like we can with the emails that are sent out!

Michael C.

• Customer Support Software

Booker is easy to use, cloud based, and customer/employee friendly.

Reviewed on 2017-05-23

Online booking, confirmation emails and texts, thank you and birthday emails, client profiles, daily total reports, staff sales report.

Pros

So I have been using it at two salons since January and I have been through starting up both salons and starting them up differently. The first salon did not want online booking, is a specialty salon where we have hair cutters and hair colorists, and we did not accept credit card tips. So I had to make it easy to book clients for two or someone's three different stylists. Then the other salon London alley wanted online booking, credit card tips were added, and also stylists typically did all the appointments for the client. So I had to set it up with bookings that made the online booking friendly and easy to use. I absolutely say if I ever had a problem I could call up Sabrina or any of the booker people and they would walk me right thru it. The system is for people who are idiots or people who know how to use a computer. Since we brought it in my clients have thanked me for streamlining the appointment setups, the confirmation email and texts, and even the thank you emails.

Cons

Only one day did the system have some errors and it wasn't even bookers fault. And if the system ever goes down you just go back to using the clover by itself and booker can help you after put the orders into the system.

Response from Booker

We're so happy to hear that Booker is working so well for you! Thank you for your feedback and for using Booker!

- The Booker Team

Stephen C.

• Customer Support Software

Great support from a patient support specialist

Reviewed on 2016-12-10

Our rep was awesome. She helped me breeze through trouble shooting my printer issues with my MAC. I have been having trouble for the past few months dealing with this issue, but haven't had a ton of time to deal with fixing it.

I really like the new usage of Join.me. It makes things a million times easier to walk through when both parties are on the same page.

Pros

The convenience and integration into my business.

Cons

Constant software glitches and long delays to fix them. Customer support team doesn't implement customer suggestions easily.

Response from Booker

Thank you so much for this excellent feedback. We're so happy that you're using Booker to run your business, and that you've had great customer support experiences. If you ever need anything else, reach out to [email protected]

Best,
The Booker Team

Jordyn H.

• Customer Support Software

Booker meets the needs for our spa. However, this is a difficult program to train on.

Reviewed on 2017-05-23

Pros

The accessibility and features Booker provides are great and compliment our company well. I like the many options of different logins for staff as well as the ability to email appointment confirmations to guests and receipts. Generally the functions of Booker work with ease and the customer support is swift with answers. Also, you can't beat their reports!

Cons

Many quirks and frequent system slowness. When using the program with multiple computers I wish the system would auto-update. Bring back the quick login :)

Response from Booker

Thank you for using Booker and for your feedback. We update to improve Booker's features and stability and appreciate the feedback on the autoupdate. If you ever need training support, we have a full program of webinars and web content to help you.

Myra A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Booker is very helpful in.our daily operation

Reviewed on 2017-05-26

It helps me.yo check the booking anytime anywhere

Pros

It is very accessible, our therapist can check their bookings even at home. Booker is also easy to use, our new staff can easily learn the basic things such as how to make an appointment and how to take payments

Cons

What makes me disappointed to the software is when the process sometimes is slow and hanging especially during there are so many guests paying and making appointment. I find the system a bit slow that we sometimes need to ask the guests to wait for a while because we need to update the bill, and print it out.

Response from Booker

Thank you Myra for your review and for using Booker! We're always working to improve the system so that it runs faster - we'll keep working at it.

Happy to hear your staff is finding it easy to use!

- The Booker Team

Zamira C.

Best Salon Software Available

Reviewed on 2017-08-18

Pros

I really like this software as it is my third. I enjoy everything about it. Booking appointments are easy and the system design is functional and better than any other software that I have tried. The security for employees to log in is strict.

Cons

There are a few things that I prefer to be able to do since I have been a user for almost 4 years. Having the option to block refunds to credit card so it doesn't come up on the order screen. Sometimes the system goes down and we cannot access any information. When services are credited back to customers, it doesn't reflect in staff sales report.

Response from Booker

Zamira -
Love hearing that Booker is working so well for you and your salon. Thank you for the review and for using Booker!

- The Booker Team

Anna P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Booker? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Reviewed on 2017-04-10

This company is a joke. They may have tried to put together a Salon software, which has some good qualities and bad, but, the company has ruined their name and a host of other businesses because of their lack of understanding how their software has a direct effect and how they manage their software on a day to day basis. They are completely horrific! We continually try to deal with the issues, (Booker being slow, or totally down on a regular basis), and we have heard every unimaginable excuse, but the only people that are having a very costly, negative impact, are the businesses that purchased this worthless product. We came to Booker primarily through the recommendation of Spa Magazine. They touted Booker as being the Best Software Company in the market and they still continue to do so. We took their recommendation strongly and pursued Booker. We were courted with full Attention and Promises when we first met. We were promised complete support and excellent service, which was also written by American Spa. We signed on with Booker and slowly problems continued to arise. We worked through them but as time progressed, it became a regular ongoing occurrence. We were told that Booker was growing too fast and that the problems would be resolved; this couldn't be further from the truth. Things progressively got worse! We have issues getting through to Booker and the slowness and down times are becoming commonplace. Our business has suffered and lost customer satisfaction and comfort in quick appointments. Our good will has been damaged and through all of this, we have tried to be tolerant and understanding. Last week the experience in our company, using Booker software, became intolerable. The software was barely running or slow, and on our busiest day, it completely shut down. We were so dependent on Booker that we had to turn away our business. We cannot continue to do business this way! We would love to know if other companies are dealing with this issue and what they are doing to keep their business from this harm. While we wait on hold and continue trying to get through to the owner of Booker, we are searching for a software that can service our needs with minimal issues. Please let us know

Response from Kirsten

Dear Anna,

We take our role in your business very seriously. We've invested significantly in improving our servers so this won't happen again in the future. This investment of engineering resources and updated equipment has resulted in greater stability and faster speed, and we intend to continue the improvements.

We'd love to discuss this further with you if you have time. We thank you for using Booker and for your feedback.

The Booker Team

Seamus K.

Not HIPAA compliant

Reviewed on 2019-09-09

Overall, good. I do not like the business practices that make one dependent without ease of leaving. And the price and quality can be beat by many competitors. Please note that Booker is not HIPAA compliant and therefore unsuitable for a business with medical charting of any kind.

Pros

Reasonably easy to use and manipulate, for both clinician and client.

Cons

Expensive, with drastic price hikes over the course of the nearly three years of use.
No help in data transfer out of Booker beyond the very basics, making it difficult to leave.

Sarah F.

Used at Work Everyday

Reviewed on 2019-07-28

Overall I really enjoyed using this on a daily basis. I am considering it for my own practice in the future.

Pros

I worked for a clinic that used this software. It seemed to work really well for them, especially the feature that allows clients to book online after hours. This feature sent an email alert to our email, as well as our phones so that we would know a client had booked an appointment. The platform made it easy to communicate appointment times, appointment changes, cancelations, and reminders. The clients really enjoyed how easy it was to use.

Cons

If the service was being updated or worked on, work had to go through back up procedures until the updates were ready. This never seemed to take long, and they always let us know in advance when things would be updated.

Qin F.

Booker experience after 4 years

Reviewed on 2019-09-30

Pros

It’s a very user friendly software. You get hands on pretty quick. Easy to see all kinds of reports regarding to sale.

Cons

Some features were disabled after they upgrade the software and increased the monthly fee for half! Another big problem is that it always breaks down. I would experience system breaking down every other month basically. We’re in the beauty industry. When we’re busy with services and clients, it’s a really bad situation that we can’t do anything.

Joanie D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

drybar mdr

Reviewed on 2017-01-25

Only frustration is how much it crashes esp on weekends when were are swarmed with clients checking in and out. It's frustrating when the internet works fine but our booking system is going slow our crashing.

Pros

quick (when working) and easy to use. makes booking appt easy online and with an app.

Cons

crashes so we are unable to see appt, check clients in or out. or when it moves slow.. we're a fast pace business so it can get frustrating and upset clients.

Response from Booker

Thank you for your feedback, and for using Booker. Sorry to hear that you've had some issues with crashing - we're always working to improve our software.

Thank you for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Valerie R.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

False marketing

Reviewed on 2019-09-18

Frustrating

Pros

I needed A cloud based software. I was on a desktop

Cons

Demo is great but the live version is full of glitches resulting in inaccurate reports, incorrect pay stubs for employees, incorrect year end financials for the business. Wrong service and product history for clients that can never be corrected. Financial transactions that regularly crash.

Alex K.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent service with even better customer service!

Reviewed on 2016-09-16

Alex was wonderful. Very helpful and insightful. Had many solutions to my problem and did not rush my experience.

Pros

Easy to use, fantastic customer service... Also really enjoy Frederick.

Cons

That you can't delete customers, or edit appointments to be changed for another day. Instead, you have to cancel the appointment and make a new one for another day.

Response from Booker

Hi Alex,

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad to here (Booker) Alex has been able to make your experience with us a good one. Also great to hear that you are enjoying our friend, Frederick :).

Per your cons, please note you can do both of these things! Learn how to move an appointment here: http://bit.ly/2cAPoTc, and to delete a customer, click here: http://bit.ly/2cNSTc8. If this is not what you were looking for, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thank you again!
Aly

Stephanie G.

One of The Best

Reviewed on 2019-05-22

I think that Booker has increased our experience since Mind and Body took over. I feel that many positive changes have taken place and the issues we were experiencing are now less often.

Pros

I am really enjoying the new updates to the system. You can manage everyones schedule at one time, the mobile app is great, and the fact that you can see clients who are in the process of booking is fabulous.

Cons

When you call in to customer service it does take about an hour to be helped and even longer when you email customer service.

Bev T.

• Customer Support Software

We have been very pleased with the Booker program and staying on top of improvements. The...

Reviewed on 2017-05-23

I feel that the survey covered it

Pros

The ease of the program, the online training, the support, involving users in pilot programs. The available online reports.

Cons

1. I want the ability to delete discontinued series. It is easier than looking through a list.
2. I liked it when I am in Booker and can click on chat help without signing in with username and PW.
3. After a timeframe, the option to delete old sales.

Response from Booker

Thank you so much for your feedback and for using Booker! We appreciate your suggestions and will pass them on to our Product team.

You rock!

Elisabeth J.

• Customer Support Software

I found this program really helpful in charting customer information

Reviewed on 2018-07-12

Pros

This program works really well in a spa setting for not only massage therapist who have more detailed notes about customers where they have to chart notes in compliance with HIPAA, but also for the cosmetologist and esthetician to be able to record preferences and processes that they did per client.

Cons

When we first started using Booker the scheduling was a little wonky and would allow for double booking so I just had to start teaching everybody to pay attention and not over book or double book anything