Booker Software

Spa and Salon Business Management Software

4.1 /5 (914 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.9
4.2
4.1
Ashely S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Book It!

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Pros

Booker is a godsend for so many salons. It is very user-friendly and they have implemented the use of embedded training videos for all the features; this is a wonderful tool and works very well for people who are visual learners, which most stylists happen to be. For salon managers and owners, Booker offers a variety of tools: time-clock, sales tracking, inventory, tip allocation, expenditures/budgets, etc. Being a web-based software, it's very easy to add a widget or embed a link on your website and/or Facebook page to allow customers to easily schedule themselves for services. In addition, there is a built-in point of sale system that makes it easy to check out clients without needing to switch over to another program and/or system.

Cons

The downside to being a web-based software: if the server is down or there is an issue with the website, you cannot access your calendar or your point of sale system. Booker has been awesome enough to provide a separate website where they allow you to report issues of the system being down and also announcing known issues. Their customer service makes up for this issue.

Michael C.
Industry: Medical Practice

Using it for our Med Spa

Reviewed on 9/24/2019

Booker does what we need, support has always been responsive and it is easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use so, easy to train. In the Day Spa industry front desk turnover is frequent so it is nice to be able to quickly show a new gal how to use the system.

Cons

We were previously Salon Iris customers and I am a programmer. With access to the database on that system I could run queries on anything in the database. Booker does not provide access to the SQL database so that is not possible. I do however have all of the reports that I need.

Also, it would be nice to have the ability to set access a little more granular. For example, if I give a gal access to look at gift card balances, I will also have given her access to modify gift card balances.

Cody S.

Excellent for Online Booking

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

Booker allowed us to track who did what and when and optimize our plans from there.

Pros

Booker was a great service for the business. It allowed the team to do our whole job in one interface. Appointment scheduling, marketing, referral tracking, everything! It's incredibly simple to use for booking and rebooking, and allowed us to process online bookings in a simple way to provide the best Guest Experience possible.

Cons

Booker experienced a lot of downtime for maintenance while our company used it. We switched to a different service for a period. Booker, even with downtime, was a SIGNIFICANTLY GREATER experience, for both employee and customer.

Paul C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Horrendous. Terrible Experience. Bad Platform. Bad Support.

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

zero. only pain and anguish and wasted money. I can't even get the reps to respond to my emails about a refund. I would strongly recommend against using Booker.

Pros

I liked the notion of what they "sell" to you. not what they actually deliver. I guess I like that it's a cloud based system, which you can't say for Millennium.

Cons

Booker is going more towards a multi-industry platform & removed many of its spa related functionality. No longer can you create spa packages, for example.

Much of the customization they sell you on doesn't exist at all. It used to on their old platform, but new customers don't get to use that anymore, so your gift card site & the online booking site will look like a Kindergartner designed it in an extracurricular activity.

You don't have the ability to customize categories for your services/products. For example, if you do hydrotherapy, there isn't a category for things like vichy showers. You do have auto repair available though... so congrats.

If you're looking to have a smooth experience with onboarding, you'll be disappointed. The data "expert" we worked with missed his deadline by 4 weeks and then just disappeared. We had to start completely over and then the new "expert" imported the wrong data and we had to start over again. We worked with onboarding for almost 5 months and never got live.

There's no ecommerce capabilities, even though their web site promotes it and their sales people promote it. At this point, it's a flat out lie. Doesn't exist.

You have to work with a 3rd party for your POS system (Clover). We signed up for a special and were supposed to get 2 set ups for free, but they came back to us after we signed up and said "nope, sorry, we were wrong, you can only have one." And, then they sent us 2, except one was incompatible with Booker.

Response from Booker

Paul,

We're sad to hear about the experience you had during your short time with Booker. This is not the experience we work to deliver, and we are sorry that we couldn¿t deliver something of value to you and your Spa.

If you're still having issues getting a response, please contact [email protected] and we'll make sure we get back to you ASAP.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Good but Pricey

Reviewed on 7/29/2020

My experience was great with them. The customer service was great- easy to contact & fix any issues I dealt with prompt.

Pros

I knew this program backwards and forward- To me it was easy to use and simple to teach new staff. Gift Card & Client look up was easy & had multiple ways to find something if you had very little info from client to go on.

Cons

The price was my biggest issue. As a massage therapist I wish it had better SOAP note section or my even a body to make charting on a client better- it is a scheduler mainly though so I don't know. Just would have been a nice added feature that other competing scheduling software had.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Celeste W.

Just switched BACK to Booker from another booking software

Reviewed on 7/25/2019

We have been using Booker in my business for years and earlier this year we were convinced by another booking service (the big name in our industry) to switch over. It was one of the worst decisions we have made. After 4 months of giving it our best try and much frustration over the new booking system's lack of features, unhelpful reporting options and staff frustrations, we switched back to Booker and THAT was one of the best decisions we made. Booker is the BEST platform for service based booking and the back end reporting of that kind of business. I do wish their customer service was as good as the other one we tried but it is not nearly as responsive. We are happy to be back though!!

Pros

Ease of scheduling, quick to learn/intuitive platform, broad range of reporting options.

Cons

The customer support could be faster and more helpful. The client end of scheduling could be easier for the client.

Tonya H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Booker is a very useful tool in our Spa

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Very pleased. We've been using it since day 1 in our Spa -6 years. Like I said before, really like the add-ons of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for Marketing; and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for never missing a call.

Pros

You can be very thorough in booking your appointments. Especially like the details tab where you can add notes for each client & can even scan pages into their account. Can easily see their appointments & past orders.
We like the add ons to the software, as well - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Sometimes, when you make a mistake, it's hard to back out of it, especially with payments. You just have to force other transactions to make the outcome that you needed in the first place.

Michele S.

Great business partner

Reviewed on 9/24/2019

Pros

I really like how Booker allows clients to schedule on line and purchase gift certificates. Most clients love the ability to schedule on line.

Cons

It can be difficult to maneuver around in the settings.

Faith B.

Great to have

Reviewed on 1/20/2020

I was able to find an online booking system for clients to book at their convenience

Pros

I like that clients can easily navigate their way through the app. It’s easy for them with the categories they can see each service falls under

Cons

I wish I could add pictures so I can show clients what hairstyles they would be be getting. It’s always nice to have a visual

Rachel M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Cant believe the care I am receiving after all these years

Reviewed on 4/4/2020

Disappointed is an understatement. I have been with Booker for 4 plus years and I expected a slightly bit more care during this pandemic that EVERYONE is going through. Such a selfish company, I really cant believe it. Money is not everything and I will never recommend Booker to anyone.

Pros

That my clients could book online and it kept my payments organized.

Cons

CONSTANTLY has issues with loading. They refuse to refund my monthly payment for the software during COVID19 even though their business is run by businesses that are forced to shut down. I am disgusted.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Stephanie G.

New and Improved

Reviewed on 1/17/2018

Overall, it is a great booking website and it is a very easy system to learn. We recently added a brand login through this company as we are adding additional sites and it has been a very easy process.

Pros

I love that they have created many updates for this software over the last few months. It has been really nice not experiencing any lag or issues with the booking features like we were having just a few months ago. I love that you can choose how far in advance the confirmation emails are sent out and I really love that the clients can confirm the appointment through the email. Another AMAZING tool is that you can now see when a client is booking an appointment online that way you are not trying to compete with anyone online trying to book. I hated in the past where I would be booking a client at the desk and right when I went to book, it said that I was not able to. Come to find out when I refreshed the page it was because someone else had booked it online. It truly makes a huge difference with these little improvements that they made.

Cons

One thing at the moment that I am not liking about the software is that sometimes the confirmation emails do not send even when the emails box is checked, this also happens when I book re-occurring appointments for an entire year where these clients of all clients should receive all the emails. Another thing that gets frustrating from time to time is that the clients future appointments is not showing up on their account under the appropriate tab therefore some clients have not showed up for their appointment and we can't charge if they can prove they didn't see it online. I try to see if they have duplicate accounts as well but they do not. And lastly, every now and again Booker will give us booking issues while trying to book for any of our services, it will state that the appointment cannot book because no equipment is available however, I know that is not the case. That is frustrating because we have to then just create a block out on the schedule with the client's service along with their information but they don't receive any emails through the system when it is booked that way.

Denise J.
Company size: Self Employed

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017

The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros

I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone meet people to hand deliver gift certificates. I don't have a receptionist or assistant to assist in these matters. I love the fact that I have my very own App to give to my clients so they can save ME to their phones and book on line any time of the day or night, without having to try to find me first. I'm just a click away. The best part is that after you set up your booker to work with your website, it just makes scheduling my clients appts soooo much easier. They get an email notification with Appt details and directions. Then an appt reminder 24 hrs before their Appt so they can click the confirm button, so I don't have to make confirmation calls the day before, then a text reminder notification 3 hours before their Appt which cuts down on no shows, and late cancellations. I love it!!

Cons

I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients much confusion when trying to book, and me soooo much stress, because what good is it if I always have to call them anyway when they are trying to schedule on line?? This defeats the whole purpose of online scheduling. This needs to be fixed and upgraded. Another thing. The mobile app is limited to its back of the house functionality. It's very easy to schedule appts, but looking up Gift Certificate numbers and entering them for payment after a client redeems them is time consuming and not user friendly. I also wish I had Email/ text Marketing built in so I could send my clients daily, weekly and monthly specials. There are days that I would love to send out a quick text telling my clients what time slots I have available. This would be soooooo easy since all of their contact info is already in the system. I would also like to see yearly reports and just imagine how great it would be if the accounting software was built right in! All in one place! Now that would make Booker the leader in the industry!

Response from Booker

Denise -
Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact [email protected]

We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock!

- The Booker Team

Lindsey T.
Industry: Consumer Services

Complete Program

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

I love using Booker because it truly does everything I need it to. Not only is all your customer tracking in one place, I can easily override a schedule, track inventory, check my estheticians clock-in and out times, but all the merchant services and marketing with Frederick is also build in to make it a complete system. If I ever have a question, there are so many way to easily get it answered. Usually if I'm wondering, someone else has been too- so I can find it in the community boards, but if its truly technical, the chat is a quick and convenient way that I can still answer the phone as it rings, because the help line isn't tying up the phones or my hands. Frederick tracks emails, so if a client says they never got a reminder, I can double check that the system did indeed send one and with texts working better, more clients are loving the frequent reminders. Having the app option allows me to track the schedule from home also. Truly, I've looked at other software programs, but they just can't stand up to what Booker is able to do. Booker is just faster, easier, sleeker, and more intelligent.

Pros

Integration of scheduling, merchant services, marketing, reporting. Everything I need in one place to run the business. I don't have to import or export information to run reports or go through multiple programs to send out reminder texts, ring up a client to check out, and check hours worked by employees.

Cons

There are a few things that the system just doesn't do intelligently where I have to override certain scheduling rules (Example: if an appointment was scheduled in room 2 with one girl, and i want to change it to another girl, it will not automatically switch it to room one. It will just say it isn't available.) So I have to go through round-about ways to override it to get it done, but those are just nit-picking.

Response from Booker

Thank you for your detailed feedback Lindsey. We appreciate it and are so happy that Booker is working well for you and your business.

You rock! Thank you for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Tom R.
Industry: Hospitality

Gregory O - Superb Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 11/25/2016

I want to sincerely thank Booker for the excellent service provided by Gregory O, during several recent requests we made; He has gone above and beyond, even supplying me with a level of data and assistance I was previously told would not be possible to get. He did it in an extremely expeditious and efficient manner and again affirms our confidence that Booker is the leading platform in our industry. Thanks again for providing such a great business tool and we look forward to using booker for many years to come.

Pros

The "all in one nature" of the platform but also the ability to have an online store that links to our actual inventory and pricing levels in real time. The confirmation email for appointments are a great asset to in terms of revenue loss prevention and saves time for our staff, not to mention our clients love the convenience. The pre-authorization of credit cards is a great function again for loss prevention.

Cons

1, There have been times recently were the downtime or stability (slowness) of the platform has not been acceptable.
2, The ip lock function only works with v4 ip addresses (most ISP's are now using v6's rendering the function useless unless you pay extra for static IP's.

Response from Booker

Tom - thank you for the great review and feedback on how we can improve Booker. I'll be sure to pass this along to our product team. Thanks! - Jason

Connie W.
Industry: Hospitality

Keeping everyone on the same page

Reviewed on 9/30/2019

The survey section is really helpful to hear from clients on what we can add or change to make their experience the best it can be. The flexibility of having booker app on our phone lets us have everything we need at all times.

Pros

Booker is so great. Everyone of my staff has their own logins to look at their schedules at any time. My accounting department (that is in a different building) has access to check balances....my HR department can also access it to do payroll....making it easy for us all to stay on the same page of the business. At any time my GM can look at the dash board to see where we stand any any given time of the month. The clients love it because they can make appointments on line and they love the text reminders for their appointments. As the director I want to make sure clients are happy...I get feed back from surveys that let us know if we are doing things right or if we need to improve on things. Bookers Customer service used to be a little frustrating but I feel like they have really stepped it up lately. Thanks Booker for helping us do our job in a very efficient way!

Cons

I wish we could add specials or notes to certain days...their really isn’t any place for that. We end up putting notes in someone’s schedule so it shows up on the day...it works but not ideal.

Desiree H.
Industry: Construction

Talk to Technicians, not just salesmen

Reviewed on 4/18/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, interacting with several people there were only two I had significant issues with. Their customer service is helpful if only slightly fragmented. My companies stake holders were not impressed by the service and went elsewhere. However, I still would recommend at least investigating their services to assist your company.

Pros

Salesmen are very attentive, attempt to find questions to any answers and are quick to return calls. Software is very clean and easy to use as long as you stay within their realm of "basics".

Cons

Unfortunately, if you have any type of development background this software will not allow you to utilize it unless you upgrade to the API. Prior to purchase we were told we would have Full Access to all features and everything was 100% customize-able. However, there are areas of customization you still need to have a "Super User" (call in to tech support + talk to a manager) to change. Example: Accepting cash in office.

The second issue I had is their merchant processing. They don't have syncing with Amazon Pay (primary issue we were told could be done with this software), PayPal or Square. You are charged additionally to use their merchant processing (and with companies my accounting had never heard of/didn't want to use). Again, while promised we would be able to find a work around, eventually it was found even with upgrading to a higher tier with API access, there was an extremely slim chance that different integration methods was possible.

Third: The price. Please understand if you desire to let one company manage everything then this software is helpful. However, if you don't then per month charge is rather high when other simple services are free or offer nearly every feature Booker does for 1/5th the price. So, do your research and speak with both Sales force and Tech support before making a decision.

Response from Kirsten

Dear Desiree,
Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. Booker partners with a number of the largest payment vendors to offer our customers a variety of highly secure options. We're sorry to hear that there wasn't an option that you felt worked for your business.

We'd love to discuss your feedback on the API access and other specifics if you have time. Thank you for using Booker and for your feedback.

Best,
The Booker Team

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Pamela M.

Could not do without it

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

The pro's definitely outweigh whatever problems or frustrations I have with Booker, so I'm overall a happy customer and will continue working with them. I honestly could not do without this software and look forward to them making more improvements to make it an even better products.

Pros

I appreciate that my clients can book online and purchase gift certificates when I'm too busy to answer the phone. It's also super easy checking out clients, but best of all is that I'm able to manage our calendar for both therapists and clients, and reschedule with ease. I love that I am also able to track client history and their progress. As we get busier and our client base grows, it can become more challenging to manage paper files and this has helped us cut down on paperwork, thank goodness!

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve with Booker and there have been times when I've been unsure of how to do something, and have had to contact their support team. One of the glitches that annoys me, is that when I add a new staff member, it adds or populates their name in the calendar even before their official start date! It can be confusing. The same happens when I terminate a staff member or switch them to 'inactive' - then their name and client appointmentss that day, all disappear from view. This is probably one of the more frustrating things for me. I also wish I could do a bit of my own customization like removing things from a drop down table that do not able to me.

Emily C.

Booker Review

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

We love Booker here at our spa. I love the features we use for creating yoga classes and memberships as well. It's very easy to use in that aspect. Scheduling appointments is a breeze and checking customers out couldn't be easier.

I do wish there was a way to put notes onto gift card codes or under a customer's name so that if there is any confusion with an order or if someone gave their gift card to someone else, we could go back and see who they gave permission to use that gift card.

Another thing that would be a great feature to add to Booker is the use of storing a client intake form on a client's file in the system. If we were able to take a photo of a signed client consent form with all of their information on it and upload it to Booker as a PDF file, it would be truly magical. Paper piles up... we would love to go digital :)

Pros

The ease of scheduling. It is simple to teach new people and services just pop up when you start typing them. I like that.

Cons

Sometimes the system can be a little bit slow. It is truly only difficult when there are lots of people waiting on you.

Response from Booker

Thank you for your excellent feedback Emily. We're thrilled that using Booker is working so well for your business.

You can use the Document Storage feature to save information on clients as you mentioned in your review. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]

Thank you for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Amanda S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

So far - so good!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

I've worked with the Booker system for 8 months now, and I've definitely enjoyed my experiences with it. We receive near live updates whenever there is an issue with the system - instead of being left to guess, as with other Spa software systems. I've found it to be clean, well designed, aesthetically pleasing, simple to understand, and full of hidden abilities that I have found to be extremely helpful in the management of our organization. Although there are a few capabilities I wish it could offer, Booker is genius at what it does already.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Mobile application
- Partnership with Frederick
- Easy to book online
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy access to customer service (with real people!)

Cons

There are certain limitations to the software that I don't quite endorse, and would love to have more accessibility to customize the features inherent in the system. For instance, we would love to be able to format, on our own, the infrastructure of the Administrator, Reservationist, and Staff roles to allow for certain levels of access to information. Although we have found a way to "Macguyver" the system, we'd love for there to be a more direct system for integrating digital SOAP notes, as well as intake form and profile management by the client when they log in to book an appointment. There have been other, very slight issues, which have caused some annoyance to our clients - such as the automatic CC authorization process when opening orders, or when clients are unable to cancel upcoming appointments online at their convenience (so long as it does not violate our 24-hour policy).

Jennifer N.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

overall has been good, sometimes tough to get questions answered or get a CSR

Reviewed on 5/23/2017

Easy on line booking, easy pos, easy scheduling,

Pros

I like how easy it is for people to book appointments, how it keeps track of room usage, payroll and other functions. Great that is can be used on smartphones for booking appointments on the fly, notifications via text and email!

Cons

System slow downs have been awful the last few months, we have had intermittent notification glitches (ie people not getting notified of appointments), problems with people thinking they booked appointments but for some reason it didn't go through this needs to be better - customers are unaware that it didn't go through because of missing information on their end - a tiny red star doesn't really cut it for people to see. Should say somewhere - at the end if you do not get a pop up saying Thank you for your appointment - you are missing information or your selection didn't go through. I wish there was a more integrated system for marketing that allows target marketing, I didn't like having to purchase yet another system like Mail Chimp and now HireFredrick. Really gets very expensive.

Response from Booker

Thank you for using Booker and for your thoughtful feedback. We've put a lot of effort into helping the system run faster with greater stability so hopefully you're seeing those improvements. Happy to hear that it's working so well for you overall!

- The Booker Team

Crystal W.

sub par. Booker is always breaking on the busiest days, unreliable.

Reviewed on 2/19/2018

Pros

Booker does help us with booking appointments. Our clients really enjoy online booking, however i saw there is going to be an update in the next week. I will be curious to see how quickly they ruin what already works...

Cons

something is always wrong with the software. dropping credit cards, dropping appointments. they took away simple features and moved them to its new Frederick site. as a long time customer, we felt this move was unprofessional. you have to pay so much extra for something as simple as text or appointment reminders. (a feature that used to be FREE). the busiest Fridays, they will do site maintenance and you will be very embarrassed in front of your clients. happens way too much.

Response from Booker

Crystal -
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave a review for Booker! We're so happy to hear that your clients enjoy our online booking features.

We also want to thank you for providing constructive feedback on certain features that you feel are not working up to your standards. I will relay this information to our product development team so they are aware of the issues you are experiencing.

We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product.

Thank you!

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Michael N.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best Available Cloud based integrated POS & Booking system

Reviewed on 2/3/2015

So there is no perfect product, including Booker, BUT... We've run our beauty business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including A****Quest and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with horrible customer support from our current solutions—they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Booker would play for us was mission critical so I did some serious due diligence before selecting Booker. I created a massive feature spreadsheet that compared the 4 top contenders. Booker and one other option appeared to be the best on paper. So I called Booker and grilled that sales person for literally 3 hours about all the nuances of Booker. She was cheerful and knowledgable (I think her name was Erica) and answered pretty much all of my questions. We have over 60 employees, so training and switching our software backbone is a huge hassle—you really want to choose the right long term partner so you don't have to deal with all that work again.

I'd say Booker gets 98 out of 100 issues and features. It is very elegant and thoughtfully designed and a pleasure to work with on a day to day basis. So much more robust and clean that our previous patched together solutions. Yes, on the rare occasions when the Booker servers go down for an hour at 3pm, you will curse their name, but you will also quickly forgive, because no cloud based solutions has perfect uptime, and this cloud based solution is soooooooo much better than our previous desktop apps.

Yes, we push the limits of the features. Yes, we wish they would fix some of the "glitches" more quickly—it seems that adding new customers might be getting more CEO focus than improving the user/customer experience. But so far, Booker appears to still be the best available option.

Side note: Robert Schmidt in support is a rockstar and really gave us a lot of good advice and strategic insights related to using Booker.

Pros

Smart, friendly people in customer support that live in NYC or SoCal. They really know their stuff and try hard to help you. And they don't speak English as a 3rd language or live in Bangladesh!

Well thought out, elegant interface.

Cons

Booker needs to hire more/task more programmers to fix glitches in the system—fixes trickle in, but far more slowly than other SaaS providers in other industries.
Feels like they are resting on their laurels with features—slow to fix or add features

Lori L.

Frustrating and inconsistent

Reviewed on 8/3/2017

The ability to serve multiple locations and the ability to book appointments and sell retail simultaneously.

Pros

I like the fact that Booker can be used for multiple locations and is helpful with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics. I can use the data to determine what I need to do differently regarding sales, promotions, etc. I can also use the data to determine what services, promotions, etc. are going well and should definitely be continued.

Cons

The customer support is lacking. It has been so frustrating to speak to so many different reps. The notes they take and calls they log has been very inconsistent, making follow-through to a resolution impossible. Even when issues have been pushed through to technical support or the development team, we have gotten little to no helpful feedback. I feel the software could use some updating to improve on the ease of use. Mostly, I feel customer support reps should be trained to actually offer "support," rather than offer a "pat" answer and such as, "This is not a Booker issue," or "I can't really tell you why that is happening, call us again if the problem reoccurs." Overall, our experience has been frustrating. In all fairness, our particular "case," which includes many different issues has been escalated to someone in management, but this has taken several months.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Sara G.
Company size: Self Employed

Booker keeps my life together!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017

I have been using Booker for several years now. I use it not only to run my business but to manage my life! I don't have employees, so Booker acts as my receptionist by sending confirmation/reminder emails and texts, Happy Birthdays, etc. I love that a little cupcake is displayed next to a client's name on the schedule when their birthday is near so I can remember to ask about their plans and make them feel special. This kind of thing makes clients want to keep coming back! Love the app as well as a quick reference. Customer service is rapid and always more than helpful. With a few more modifications and minor improvements, I would rate this company 5 stars! Thanks, Booker!

Pros

Almost everything.

Cons

There are a few bugs that still need to be worked out, especially with the app. Sometimes I have to cancel an appointment instead of just adjusting it, and then the client gets confused about the cancellation email. Also, I'm confused about the referral program. I recently referred a friend and she signed up. I have heard nothing back about it.

Response from Booker

Thank you so much Sara for your feedback and for using Booker. We're so glad that it's working for you!

We'll be in touch about the referral issue, or contact [email protected] if we can help out.

You rock!

Chris B.
Industry: Retail

Great Technology for Salons that want to scale and grow

Reviewed on 8/3/2017

Pros

Online Booking.
Flexibility with using Rooms vs. Employees.
Reporting.
Ability to manage all aspects of clients and employee data.

Cons

There's a lack of Sales Funnel Integration with Frederick i.e. There is so much data that is in Booker/Frederick, that should allow us to create customized sales funnels in order to remarket and market to our existing clients.

Frederick is limited into the emails sent, and there should be more control/flexiblity given to the owner.

Currently, i'm using Clickfunnels and other email software to close that loop to create email sales funnels as well as other sales funnels from paid traffic sources.

Digital Marketing is the future of all businesses and a crucial component of that is Sales funnels from organic traffic and paid traffic from FB ads, Youtube Ads, Instagram Ads to enter into Sales Funnels. The power to remarket and retarget those clients from Booker/Frederick Data can really scale each business and should be in the hands of the business owner/marketer.

We have been doing that manually using Clickfunnels and Other Email Software providers.