Leah rose R.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Self-Service Dashboard, inexpensive but powerful.

Reviewed on 2020-10-09

We use Klipfolio as a whitelable dashboard service for my HR and healthcare clients. We have marketing analytics dashboards that help our clients understand the traffic, usage, and demographics of visitors to their HR pages. We also use custom created klips to keep our clients up to date on their talent acquisition process and the cooresponding metrics (KPIs) in recruiting. The most impactful klips our clients see are the custom ROI gagues set up to ensure our service is worth their limited budget resources.
Overall, the Klipfolio product has endless capabilities, but since we pay for a lower price service we are really left on our own to figure out the back-end customization of klip creation. The user knowledgebase isn't super well organized and I've found more luck watching YouTube tutorials when I need to create a more complex klip for a client.

Pros

I love that I can white-label the Klipfolio software so that my clients see my company branding when they login to view their metrics and marketing dashboards. Adding common data sources such as ATS, CRM, and Google Analytics is very easy and straightforward. The data visualizations offered are attractive and easy for my clients to understand.

Cons

Creating the backend of the dashboard is very daunting for someone who isn't very familiar with large datasets and coding. I have spent countless hours watching YouTube tutorials learning how to build out 'klips.' I've also paid a developer to create all the API connections, however they frequently need updated. I wish the administrator interface was more user-friendly.

Hardik P.

The Best Dashboard builder out there with the best Support

Reviewed on 2019-08-26

Pros

I liked the interface, and the UI/ UX. Also absolutely love the feature that allowed you to preview what parts of a function did - great for debugging. I like how Klipfolio gives you to set Dynamic variables(Fetch to Data sources Queries)

Cons

I would like if you can provide more functionality and help with using HTML Components + Populating Data. I would love if you can let users use custom images in the Indicator Logics ( Instead only using available Icons / If the user can use custom GIF/JPEG/PNG ).

Jabel R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

I would choose it again

Reviewed on 2019-02-04

We have been using klipfolio for the last year and it has helped a lot our marketing team to know the situation in each moment, compare it agains other dates, etc. Support team has always been there when we got stucked in some klip configuration or behaviour.

Pros

It has a lot of features and already built-in integrations. In general terms it's easy to use and support team will always give a hand when needed (We have pretty complex dashboards and klips with +10 datasources in different formats). In terms of features they have all that we were looking after, it is a really complete solution and it works really well. There is plenty of documentation and support available to build your desired dashboard.

Cons

If you work with large dashboards or complex klips it may be a little slow some times, but at this point I consider this more than normal. They have available services for dedicated resources if needed(Not our case). Dynamic datasources are in Beta stage. Although they usually work well enough (And again, you will have support helping in case they don't) it would be nice to have the feature finished and with all the needed interface to manage the different instances or setup the desired behaviour. Design has it's limitation too, but in general terms there is no need for much more, maybe some more user interface control elements for the klips.

Fernando P.

• Customer Support Software

Create dashboards with KPIs from all departments of my company and display it for everyone

Reviewed on 2018-05-29

Easily organize and beatifully display your KPIs. Excellent to keep your team motivated to achieve the goals.

Pros

Create beatifully customizable dashboards and easily share and display it in your office, with your colleagues and take it with you in the mobile apps. There is a lot of different graphs, tables and other views to display your KPIs and It is a great tool to share with your team and keep them motivated to achieve the goals, I had a wonderful experience with that. You can very quickly integrate with your information in several different kinds of databases or softwares, including MySQL databases, Google Sheets, Asknicely, Pipedrive and etc.

Cons

If you need to calculate something or making a complex formula to get to the right information to display can be very difficult, It is not so clear how each formula works, the articles don't explain everything you need. The support agents can help with in customer support chat but sometimes even them looks to have some trouble to find the correct answers and how to make what you want.

Samantha T.

• Customer Support Software

My new motto is "It'll integrate with Klipfolio"

Reviewed on 2016-07-27

While there's definitely a learning curve to this tool, the potential is amazing. Being able to pull data from all the different tools we have is invaluable. As a digital marketing agency, there's already so many pieces to manage, from client reporting to managing tasks to proving profitability to management. Klipfolio enables us to create central dashboards to not only provide superior reporting to our customers, but also get a clear picture of our internal performance.

Pros

- Integrates with every (seriously, EVERY) service we use - whether it's for internal use or for clients (some of the more surprising ones would be Unbounce, SheerSEO, InfusionSoft - don't see too many platforms integrating with these).
- Customer support is amazing. When having issues building a "Klip", they really help to figure out the best way to represent the data.
- Haven't run into any times I can't make a visualization of the data I want. Just a matter of figuring out how.

Cons

- Steep learning curve. From using tools like DashThis and Cyfe, it's certainly more advanced and requires more planning.

Oscar R.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Unlimited Reach to get all data authomaticaly in an easy way

Reviewed on 2018-09-23

Thanks to Klipfolio, we can have around 35 customers with their own authomatical dashboard to know in real time hows hes data of all the effort done during the campaings we made. This is saving a lot of time to us instead of generating manual reports.

Pros

The easiest way to connect with multiple apps by theirs API to get all data in standard formats like json and spreadsheet tables. All are well documented and the support is always there to help or improve your formulas. This tool let us raise quicker than we expected helping a lot with the partners program and certification for mutual synergy.

Cons

Seems that their publicy reach me too late because i were looking for a tool like this since around 6 years ago and founded 2 years ago.

Malcolm M.

Ok Product Poor Customer service/ Terms

Reviewed on 2020-07-29

They doubled their price and I was not informed by email, then my card was charged and they refused to refund when I cancelled my account - not even a part refund!

Pros

I like the ability to put data from different remote sources

Cons

Setup and use is semi-technical and I could not get non-technical staff involved in setup dashboards for them selves

James D.

LOVE the Social Media integration!

Reviewed on 2018-11-23

Since much of our marketing and such is done on social media, it’s important to have integration with the most common platforms. Klipfolio does this, and also has a mobile app. To us, this is a major plus and one of the main reasons we picked the program.

Pros

The fact that Klipfolio integrates with Facebook and Twitter was really the selling point for us. You can judge just by your figures, but with how prevalent social media is in running a business, you really need to have a program that pulls data from those areas as well. The mobile app is also very handy, especially if you want to check figures while on vacation!

Cons

It took a bit to figure it out. The learning curve was pretty steep, but we managed to figure it out via trial and error. Now that we have, it’s great! It might have helped to have a good tutorial to teach you how to properly use the program. While using lots of data, sometimes it can get a bit slow, but that’s expected if you’re working with a lot of data.

Philippe D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Klipfolio is a sleek dashboard tool

Reviewed on 2017-09-14

Good tool, great price and customer service second to none. This is not a battleship in the business intelligence realm, but a lighter, sleeker tool that allows a quick deployment and beautiful results.

Pros

Customer service is excellent. They have a strong online presence for immediate help and a quick support team for trickier questions. Dashboard and widget (klips) presentation are very sleek. Configuration of datasources is painless. Access Managemenent is simple and sufficient. The pricing model is very competitive. New functionalities are constantly being rolled out. This tool is alive.

Cons

For relational database users, there is a certain learning curve, as each column within a table is treated as an independent vector (unless you go through quick actions): it is easy to misalign data and get irrelevant results. Klipfolio cannot be considered as a full-fledged business intelligence tool as it does not perform 'intelligent' analysis of the data. Rather, it is a presentation tool that can display in many relevant ways, the information that it is being fed.

Ben W.

Easy to Build Business Dashboard Tool for Startups and Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2018-07-17

As a startup, you need a quick and visual way to see how fast you are growing and how well you are doing (e.g. user growth, revenue, social media engagement, web traffic etc). Klipfolio allowed us to quickly build the necessary analytics, see and report it all in one place while keeping the service affordable.

Pros

Of all the dashboard service platforms we looked at, Klipfolio was the easiest to get started and the most reasonably priced. If you are a small business or a startup that needs insights into your company growth (KPI), social media presence, and operational performance, you can quickly get there with this tool. There are a lot of sample and pre-built dashboards (like Facebook Engagement) you can simply reuse to start. There are also free online webinars and training video to quickly get you up to speed, and most impressive of all is their customer support. I was struggling to build a custom user growth dashboard from our own company data. The live chat support asks if I needed help and within 15 minutes, she built one of the growth charts to my specifications. Using her example, I was able to build the rest of the dashboard myself. I also like that the pricing is upfront and transparent, and the starter plan is reasonable for a small startup or business.

Cons

Honestly, there is not much to dislike. If I have to nitpick something is to have more useful example and pre-built dashboards. For example, instead of just reproducing what Facebook Insights or Google Analytics already provides you, have dashboards that show what business questions can be answered or interesting insights can be gleaned from their data.

Matthew K.

• Customer Support Software

The best dashboard service for the money.

Reviewed on 2017-07-14

Custom reporting for clients that are highly customized and save me time every month.

Pros

The amount of features and how customizable everything is. Most services lock you into their pre-made elements, and, although Klipfolio offers those, my love for it comes from how much control I have over the design aspects.

Cons

Not a whole lot bad to say. At times it can be slow and take awhile for things to load, but that is more on the fact that my dashboards typically have a lot of visualizations so naturally they will take while to load.

Yavuz C.

Best of its kind

Reviewed on 2018-07-28

It is a great product that you can follow your key metrics and you can easily understand your product's success possibility.

Pros

- There are lots of easy ways to configure your dashboards.
- Too many integration options available.

Cons

- Some integrations like Vimeo requires developer abilities.
- If Klipfolio do not support your tool then you must read and develop some abilities to make integration happen.

Julio G.

• Customer Support Software

Trying to bring together the results of different aspects of our business.

Reviewed on 2018-05-28

Trying to bring together the results of different aspects of our business. Now, our development team and the business side can see each other's results at a glance, and have a quantifiable, and real-time goal to work towards.

Pros

We use so many important information to manage the sales process and inform our team in a Screen panel where they can perform better. This is crucial for our success.

Cons

Setup was a bit challenging, but once we got the dashboards setup how we wanted... we let it do it's thing.

Md mahbubur R.

• Customer Support Software

The best dashboard design and visualization experience

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

I have been using it for business intelligence, and company data visualization.

Pros

All the complexities are hidden under simple and elegant UI. You won't have to worry complex technical tweaks to pull data from different sources. Their documentation and support are supurb!

Cons

Rarely I find some data sources not compatible with klipfolio. FOr example- they only allow oAuth based authentication for only their listed data sources.

Erik V.

Klipfolio is THE tool for making numbers easy to read and interpret

Reviewed on 2015-01-28

We use Klipfolio for visualization of marketing, sales and CRM data coming from different systems. What makes it THE tool for us is that Klipfolio is really flexible. It is possible to connect to any datasource in many different ways and to visualize the data in many different form, shape, color and size. Compared to Geckoboard, Klipfolio will take you a lot further.

For our development team, Klipfolio also offers technical flexibility. This allows us to customize the data-connections and dashboards using scripts and procedures. This saves a lot of time and enables to create and deploy dashboards better and faster for our clients.

Our clients love the way Klipfolio shows the data. It is very easy to interpret and read and looks good on TV screens, Desktop screens and Tablets.

Pros

* Flexibility in look & feel, calculations and IT connectivity
* Very smooth interface for creating new dashboards, tabs and klips
* Price for one account is good
* Great support team
* Many new features and options developed on a regular basis

Cons

* Easy to get started, but there is a learning curve if you want to go beyond the essentials
* Custom CSS styling options come at a premium price
* Pricing per account only goes down beyond 10+ users

• Industry: Telecommunications

Klipfolio Support is Great

Reviewed on 2018-11-07

We have been using Klipfolio for two years and it is wonderful software to help visualize any type of data whether that comes from your own spreadsheets or web data.

Pros

The software is highly dynamic and robust. We can change data and revisualize information quickly. The customer support is great as well since sometimes it takes an information guru to help navigate all that is possible.

Cons

We love the software. Make sure you understand your goals before trying to create a dashboard since you can spend a bit of time working on reports.

Brett W.

• Customer Support Software

Powerful and visually appealing business analytics that have helped us track KPI's for our...

Reviewed on 2017-06-28

Data visualization, improved alignment to key metrics, more sales.

Pros

The ability to mash up different data sources is most appealing. The list of pre-built connectors is always growing which is great for ease of use. We also love putting metrics on our in-office TVs. The metrics not only help with internal tracking of our performance, but they also assist in sales because we can visually show that we are an innovative and data-driven company.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to understanding the software, linking data sources, and writing the functions. It's not necessarily plug and play, although they've done a good job of streamlining a lot of the key parts (data integration/visualization). You have to learn Klipfolio's unique language to really harness the power of the tool.

Gilles D.

Perfect for starting with dashboards

Reviewed on 2018-08-02

Pros

It's ridiculously easy to build elaborate dashboards to keep track of multiple metrics throughout your metrics. Almost any integration is possible via a plug-and-play system - no coding required at all. Klipfolio also has super useful templates to help inspire you on how to organise your dashboards.

Cons

As soon as you go beyond the basic, more obvious stuff things can get more difficult to understand and execute. If you need complex aggregations of data you'll most probably need someone who knows how to code. There are, fortunately, quite some people on Upwork who can help you out there.

Seth C.

• Customer Support Software

It has allowed our team to create transparent dashboards

Reviewed on 2018-05-18

Pros

We have a big monitor in our office and each department has a dashboard displayed that rotates through the reports. I love how easy it is to create customized data to help the other departments understand all the activities we complete on a weekly basis.

Cons

It can be difficult to learn. Also we had some issues with formatting to fit different sized screens, but we were able to figure it out. So other than the learning curve, this is a really cool tool to help with your reporting.

Cara V.

• Customer Support Software

Great experience with Klipfolio so far

Reviewed on 2018-05-02

Pros

Klipfolio has been exactly what I needed to make in-depth and visually appealing reports to report on marketing performance. The support for this software has been outstanding, they've been super helpful getting me set up for success.

Cons

As a marketing user, some of the functions and formulas can be quite advanced when I'm trying to build more complicated Klips. Luckily I've been able to accomplish everything I needed with the help of the community and support team.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best dashboard for Marketing.

Reviewed on 2017-12-29

Pros

If your not a pro at scripting dashboards, Klipfolio is the right way to go unlike other alternatives.

Cons

To do more difficult programming it might be a hassle but they also have support.
Wish there was more dashboards on the basic package.

Eugene T.

Klipfolio is a GREAT BI tool for companies on the rise!

Reviewed on 2015-01-15

Klipfolio is a great BI tool that allows you to track tons of metrics and parameters at very cheap costs as long as you have the knowledge and a few employees to help you build the system. We have connected with over 6 different databases, each unique in their own right. Managers, team members and executives can all view different departmental info with a click of a tab.

Pros

-Very cheap Clean interface
-Connects to many databases
-Can display an endless amount of charts
-Unique customized charts Endless possibilities for dashboard designs

Cons

-You will need a few employees to set up and maintain it API, database, and excel knowledge are a must for this
-Uploads limited to 10 Mb files.

Taiwo A.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Ideal for reporting, performance overview and presentations.

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

Ease of reporting and tracking of metrics.

Pros

The customer service is the really great and the level of customization ensures that you can make any dashboard you could think of.

Cons

Some features are less intuitive as one would like, especially if they are not used every day. It also loads slowly even if the Internet is great.

Brendan B.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Fast and simple.

Reviewed on 2018-03-08

A perspective we didn't have before.

Pros

The clean and simple look of Klipfolio. It's very easy to use with their user friendly documentation and pre built klips.

Cons

I had a bit of a learning curve coming from zero working with data. But the documentation and support team were always there to help.

Daniel B.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to learn and intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017-06-07

A lot of the behind-the-scenes work is automatically figured out by the system

Pros

Very easy to use and customer support is very helpful and fast. Clean layout and easy to read dashboards.

Cons

Some of the features and functions can be hard to find/set up. Support/help documents can be somewhat difficult to navigate.