11,252 reviews

Microsoft 365

Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

4.6 /5 (11252 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.3
4.6
4.5
4.3
11,252 reviews
Mir fida N.

Suitable package application software for small to large scale business

Reviewed on 2020-02-27

Overall we are very much satisfied with the Office 365 subscription service. It's our daily to use tool for every project. Performance is always up to the expectation. Never encountered any serious bug or error halting an important bug. Still, some minor issues are faced rarely but nothing that cannot be handled. When utilizing each and every feature and app included in Office 365, then it will definitely prove a great asset to your organization which will boost sales and eventually profits in the long run.

Pros

Office 365 is the most beneficial package for our small business IT company. Including top-rated desktop applications Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote, One drive ..etc all are tools increasing daily projects productivity and efficiency. One of the fantastic features is that it's also available with a web cloud app and mobile app, making team collaboration available anywhere. Some Educational organizations can get free of cost features for staff and students to boost learning using technology.

Cons

Minor bugs occur rarely. Pricing is but high for initial and beginning level business and office. But in the long run, it's is useful if all of the apps and features are utilized to full capacity. The PowerPoint interface can be made easier and more user-friendly. Word has some difficulty handling a hundred pages large project docs and often messed up formating. One Drive synchronization and naming could be better. For Startups, I think the libre office provides a budget-level choice.

Martin K.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Office 365, A Solution to today's IT Industry

Reviewed on 2020-12-12

I love Office 365, its been a relieve from the traditional Microsoft Office Applications - Online storage and security made me fall in love with Office 365.

Pros

I like the fact that we dont have to move around with CD/DVDs containing the software. All you need is a paid Microsoft Account that you can use to login and download/install software.
It has the entire Microsoft Office Suite of Applications online. I also noticed 5TB of storage space, this made my day. I dont even have to keep using flash drives to store my data anymore since there's enough cloud storage space available.
Even when I dont have my laptop with me, I can login online and access my files and applications....Office 365 is really fun to own.

Cons

Being in Africa, to enjoy Office 365, one would need access to Internet; this doesnt come affordable in our continent.

Jeff S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Complete Productivity Program

Reviewed on 2020-10-10

I have Microsoft 365 on all my computers. I used it almost everyday.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is a complete productivity program. You get to install on up to 5 computers (Windows or Apple). You get cloud storage and and all the products you need to be successful in the office.

Cons

This is a subscription service. You do not own the software and much keep paying to use. This isn't a big negative.

Hans G.

It helps to do my daily work

Reviewed on 2020-11-17

I have been using O365 for several years and I am completely satisfied with it. Every now and then problems occur, especially when using the preview function of O365, but they are usually solved relatively quickly. Otherwise I can only recommend O365 very much, especially since it ensures that you can work with most companies, since they also use Microsoft Office.

Pros

- Easy to use
- It has everything I need
- Full compatible with my OS
- Fully customizable
- Start my work on one computer finish it at another
- Enough cloud space

Cons

Right now there is nothing I can report as a Con

Andy W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Microsoft 365 is a real game changer for modern organisations - Big and Small!

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

Microsoft 365 is a full suite of Products, tools and capabilities that deliver a modern workplace experience to users really well!

There is something for everyone in Microsoft 365 - Admin Staff, IT Staff, Security and Compliance Staff, and the benefits we have realised during the global pandemic prove for real why the investment was worthwhile!

Pros

The full stack of Microsoft 365 tools and capabilities are intuitive to use, work incredibly well together, and make daily tasks simple to complete.

Cons

I guess the cost is on the high side, but you get a lot of bang for your buck, and Microsoft are pouring Research and Development into the suite of products and capabilities at a rate of knots, so the investment is worthwhile on balance.

Laura M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Office 365 to the rescue

Reviewed on 2020-08-20

We had already planned to make the move from our local server-based installation of Microsoft products before the pandemic hit, and we fortuitously made the transition just in time. If we hadn't, we would have been forced to physically be in the office, e-mailing documents back and forth, or constantly downloading and uploading - with all of the version control and organizational risk that entails.

Pros

I don't know what we would have done without Office 365 during the pandemic shutdown. With it, going from physically being in to the office everyday, to working from home (or anywhere for that matter), has been a seamless transformation. With the exception of sending or receiving actual hard copy USPS mail, there is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't also do from home - and in the exact same manner. We struggled to find a software solution that would provide cloud storage and yet still allow for edit-in-place with all the powers of Word (sorry, Google Docs, but you just don't have the same capabilities), collaborative sharing and real-time communications. Office365 has it all.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, and for us, most of it has happened by trial-and-error. Constant updates is a good thing because Microsoft is always improving the product, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with what is new and different.

Luis alejandro D.

A very good service but a little pricey

Reviewed on 2020-08-13

Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market.

It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Tonico C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

All you need in one package.

Reviewed on 2020-08-17

Microsoft 365 has apps and software that help my business grow the creation of books, documents, and images with the help of the simplicity of the software layout. Everyone with a little effort can professionally use Microsoft 365 as I use on my business. Microsoft 365 has many pages to help you learn about their features on Microsoft's official website, which is a great way to improve your skill on this package of office tools. Also, Microsoft 365 is present in the most powerful companies in the world, and if you need to do business with them is better to be a user of this incredible tool. I highly recommend Microsft 365 for any person around the world because, with this tool package, you will be able to create content and access your files and do business from anywhere on the planet with an internet connection.

Pros

The most significant thing about Microsoft 365 is: the package of services has anything you need to start to create your content online or offline. You can write documents, create presentations, and share the editing with your team. Microsoft 365 is a tool for all types of businesses and offices around the world. Their package of services includes tools for every need of your business. With Microsoft 365, I can write my books, write documents with Word, and create images with PowerPoint. I also can access all my files online in any device with the internet. Microsoft 365 gives me the freedom to work anywhere I go.

Cons

What I like less on the Microsft 365 is the space given for files on the OneDrive cloud. I believe 5 gigabytes on the free version is less space than we need to have to create documents and content without concerns. I suggest Microsoft 365 to expand this space to 20 gigabytes because this is a number more attractive for the business people around the world. This increase will make it easier to attract new users of the Microsft 365.

Serdar M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

An all-in-one package for almost all your needs.

Reviewed on 2020-08-02

Working with O365 is generally going very good for me as I dont manage the underlying infrastructure to make it high available for my users. Since it is a managed service, you only do the admin tasks of O365. Despite the lack of general features, I can recommend the organization who are already a customer of Microsoft.

Pros

O365 provides large organizations to migrate their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud technologies. Usually, it is very hard to move users and data to the cloud but with the help of O365 it is very easy and makes the administrators' workload less heavier. OneDrive For Business, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online makes our users to be more portable all around the world.

Cons

Microsoft is very lazy to implement features to their products. That is why sometimes you need to wait years until a simple feature can be deployed by Microsoft. Most of the wanted features will be always missing in O365 but again there is no rival when it comes to the office apps.

Angel Z.

Dependable Software Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020-05-22

I used Office 365 at my middle school and this software connected over 600 students and staff. Using Office 365 has allowed me to connect with my classmates with almost no glitches and misunderstandings. If you are looking for software that will connect your friends, coworkers, students, or teachers, I would recommend Office 365.

Pros

Office 365 is very easy to use and navigating should not be a problem. A feature I like is being able to customize the theme of your drive as that is something you can't do on other drives. Once you purchase Office 365, you have access to a variety of Apps that are both very useful. The applications are very reliable and most of the time I don't have to worry about my work being lost.

My favorite feature would be the Calendar which I find to be very impressive because you can set events or tasks and a reminder to yourself by a scheduled email. Word and Excel are very easily used as everything is labeled very clear. In my experience, there is generally no confusion.

Cons

I don't see any features that are missing that would make Office 365 better and easier to use. However, I have experienced some glitches and minor issues with loading and the internet. For instance, during the same period of time when I am on Youtube and Office 365, sometimes (20% of the time) Office 365 works much slower than Youtube even though my internet is very stable. If this minor issue continues to be the case, it may have influence on how much I use Office 365 because even though its just 20% of the time, I am getting annoyed about my work being deleted after the glitch.

Customer support needs to be improved. When I write a long detailed email to Office 365, all I get back is an automated email, with no steps that solve my problem.

John H.
  • Industry: Publishing

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

Reviewed on 2020-05-12

We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only).

In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS!

Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress.

In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project.

We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us.

As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years.

Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Office 365

Reviewed on 2020-03-13

I really enjoy my overall experience with Office 365 as it has met all of my work needs over the passed three years of working for my company, even with the various hats that I have worn. No matter the task, Outlook 365 has provided what I need to get the job done and it will do the same for you!

Pros

I enjoy how I can easily access shared files through Office 365 including excel, word documents, and more. My coworkers and I can simultaneously edit documents while working in separate spaces which makes our day to day tasks simple and easy. I am able to share important documents to certain groups of people or certain programs that I work with or upload to shared folders. There are so many helpful apps within Office 365 such as calendars, share point, one note, Outlook, PowerPoint, and more that I use on a daily basis to complete daily tasks at work. I mostly utilize Outlook, and enjoy that I can pin important emails to the top of my list, color code if needed, and so much more. This app is really organized and useful for any role or job position. This program is used by Mental Health Counselors, Therapists, Program Directors, and even by leaders of the organization in order to maintain proficiency and continue to provide effective quality service to our clients.

Cons

I am always learning something new about this program. Therefore, while it is very helpful, there are a lot of technical pieces to learn. For example, after three years of using the program I learned that if you use the program via internet you get less features than if you use the program via using the outlook 365 app. You have more access to certain folders, calendars, etc. Nonetheless, once you get the hang of the program you won’t want to use anything else.

Sally B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Office 365 is simply the office standard!

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

I use Office 365 create publications. I use Word to research, write (using both microphone and read-back, as well as key stroking), edit and review published works. I've written two published books and numerous technical and popular articles. I create illustrations, images, charts and graphs, using PowerPoint and Excel. I organize data and sources using Excel. I create budgets, timelines, etc. using Excel. To date, my favorite aspect is the ability for Word to read back my writing as well as other text. This makes for a nice change from reading on screen.

Pros

I use Office 365 daily. I've used it to research, edit and publish two technical books and numerous articles on technical and popular topics. I appreciate the interoperability of the Office software features, particularly the ease with which I can change my work interface from writing to illustration to layout to spreadsheets and back again! I use the Cloud and find it extremely helpful. I find the Notes feature less useful that OneNotes is less useful than Notes (probably because I haven't really explored it much). Notes is nice because it is a simple way to strip hidden codes from copied text and prepare it for a new format. PowerPoint it great and lets me move multiple images into a single album easily, as well as to develop images, alter artwork, and integrate images and original artwork into publishable illustrations. I find the Excel spreadsheet an effective tool for illustrating via charts and graphs. I have been using the speech function of Word to review writing and also for recreational reading! Nice. It even lets me alter the voice.

Cons

OneNote is less useful than Note. I find SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, and Outlook software programs that I don't need. I particularly dislike Outlook and prefer to work via free email services, instead. I would appreciate the option to strip away features that I don't like or use.

Edward P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

All the tools that every office need.

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

You can't go wrong with Office 365, it is the more powerful and complete suite of programs for your business that you can get on the market. We have been using it for 5+ years and we are very pleased.

Pros

You can get Microsoft Exchange (email) and also applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote and other business services, such as Skype for Business, OneDrive, Forms, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, all in one package.

Cons

Microsoft keep adding (in some cases removing) applications all the time. It's very hard for the IT department to keep track and implement these new apps, by the time you catch up the tools are being deprecated.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

Reviewed on 2019-11-12

In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features.

At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization.

Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers.

Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection.
Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Can access from any device to your account.
Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool.
O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs).
Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties.
O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons

Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online.
Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails.
New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Radoslav B.

Office 365 - your office everywhere

Reviewed on 2019-11-10

I have been using Office 365 for business purposes - where I have been working. All the company trusts its products and uses them to help with organizing their work. We easily have access to files shared for current teams, we easily chat and maintain project ideas, also we easily create our documentations on what we created and much more. I pretty recommend it because it has very powerful tools which can save you a lot of time and headache because in everyday life we need to stay organized and also we need to have our office everywhere because business is not only for staying in one place the whole year.

Pros

This is one very powerful group of products, that everyone should use because of:
1. For me it has one of the most powerful tools for office work - like Word - for organizing and creating your documents, PowerPoint - to easily create your pretty presentations for your software development for example; Excel - to store some table data and calculate a lot of things; Outlook - to organize all your business or even personal mails; Teams - to chat with your partners and much more.
2. You have always up to date software - you keep in touch with every new update which brings you more security and of course new features.
3. You can install the product on your device, either use it with the cloud version. The cool thing is that if you have multiple devices - you can install it on them, even they are phones, PCs or laptops. And the coolest one is that there is a cloud version of the apps.
4. Everything you create can be stored on the cloud, so your documents will be always with you - just view them from every device in every point of the world.
5. I think the price is good and worth it.
6. And finally, there is the support which you can contact to help you if you have any difficulties or problems with the software.

Cons

Since my experience with the product I haven't experienced any difficulties which cause me to have a negative point of the product. Of course, there were some bugs and some crashes with the cloud versions, but which software hasn't one?
And of course, even that there was kind of this problems, they were very fastly resolved, which is cool because you are not waiting too much to get back the service working.

Osamah A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

The Complete Package

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory.

Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros

I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished.

All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations!

I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere!

One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch!

Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!

Cons

While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all.

Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

• Industry: Computer Games

Microsoft meets the Web

Reviewed on 2019-08-14

I like the interface, the fact that the tool is professional oriented, as great support and is still the reference when it comes to digital documents.

Pros

I've been moving away from Microsoft Office because I've been moving away from Windows for a long time, but I've never find a good Office solution that compares to Microsoft Office. Open Source solutions are a bit clunky and are not on par with the latest User Interfaces experiences, and Google Drive offers the best alternative, with less options than Microsoft Office. Since Microsoft Office offers cloud solutions as part of MS Office 365, it became a game changer. I can now properly get back to the Microsoft solution and use their tool from everywhere, knowing that I will have the proper layout in files shared with me, and vice versa. The options and tools are exactly what you could expect from Microsoft and this move toward the cloud is a very nice move.
The MS Office solution is not free, but it offers a storage of 1TB on the cloud and the licence can be shared with family members (up to 5 people).

Cons

The cloud solution still needs some improvements. I haven't been able to edit, at the same time, a document with someone else, while Google Drive offers realtime edition on any kind of files.
Microsoft offers a great solution with MS Office but seems a bit late to the "cloud party". There's still a lot to improve and I feel that it's easier now to get people on Google Drive and share documents with them, than it is on MS Office. Part of it being because MS Office doesn't offer free solution (yet).

• Industry: Human Resources

“Cloud based with the backing of massive MS network”

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

as of now, O-365 is a next generation solution. Apart from the doubts over security, we have the advantages stated above. The best benefit is the saving on expensive hardware, storage space, energy costs and maintenance. In fact as all the software maintenance is done by Microsoft, we get better solutions from experts at no extra costs. You don’t need to have any additional storage gadgets, as everything is on the cloud.
Depending on the purpose and the number of users, this system a scalable.
Although there are question marks over cloud applications, Microsoft has done their best to adopt highest possible defenses against threats and is continuously engaged in improvements.

Pros

The first thing that reminds me about O-365 is that it’s on the cloud. As we are still in an infant stage of cloud tech, there are both pros and negatives, but definitely in time, technology will improve to a stage, you can expect anything. Let’s assume there’s not going to be a jailbreak.
Having said that, there certainly are pros in the current scenario. You are on the cloud means you are armed with some godly powers. No servers ‘on premises’, no ‘restricted’ storage areas for servers, no maintenance costs and you have the freedom of mobility. You or your team can access O-365 anywhere on planet Earth if there is internet. One other notable advantage being on cloud is the safety against loss of data. The safety of your data if stored in an ‘on prem’ system is vulnerable to various hazards and would be lost if not backed up in a remote server. No capital investment on expensive servers, you can obtain the services for a monthly or annual subscription per user basis and the user have the ability to install O-365 up to 05 devices. Though you need subscriptions on certain advanced features, you can opt out additional services when you don’t need. When it comes to features in office tools, I doubts if there would be any more requirements to run general office matters. All MS office applications are designed with almost all features required with the experience gained during a long journey.
The system gets updated frequently and you can enjoy the benefits.

Cons

as a general rule, cloud based applications could be more vulnerable for security breaches than an ‘on-premise’ system. Certain online feature in Word, Excel has limitations compared to your own installation.

David G.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Office is always up-to-date!

Reviewed on 2019-04-30

Always kept up to date with the latest features and security patches.

Pros

I love that Microsoft has invested so much on Office365 (obviously since it's a major bread-and-butter source of income for them). Given this, you really feel that MS has a great and huge team behind it. And so, I love that it keeps on improving over time via the regular updates and patches. Now, I feel that I get the new features soon after it gets released, and I feel secure as well from threats of malware, bad scripts, macros, and what have you.

Office365 is the office we have grown up with in the boom of word and spreadsheet processing. This is a must for compatibility issues as most, if not all, of my contacts use MS products. And so, to avoid incompatibilities, or having to destroy the document layout and formatting, better use the same Office365 (and oh, btw, it is also backward compatible for those left behind in the MSO standalone versions).

Office365 is also connected to my MS OneDrive, and so all my documents are readily accessible in one place. Also, this allows me to share my documents to other people and to work on them together. Pretty cool.

Cons

Compatibility with other word/spreadsheet processor apps out there like LibreOffice and GoogleDocs/Sheets. Why can't they just agree on how to save and handle documents, eh? The closed source nature of MSO365 makes it difficult at time to work with other apps mentioned as it destroys the formatting most of the time. So, I tend to share via PDF, but that is not editable.

Claudia C.

Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication

Reviewed on 2019-02-07

Perfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!

Pros

I like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!

Cons

I don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.

Tom C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Let Me SWAY You Toward Office 365

Reviewed on 2018-12-05

Collaboration with One Note. Getting colleagues to express themselves through Sway. OneDrive is a lifesaver.

Pros

The Business App world can be confusing. I get it. There is a great deal of speciality in the BA world and it's hard to know what products to even trial nevertheless purchase or commit to long-term. I don't know why everybody doesn't start with Office 365. It's so all-encompassing and helpful you'll even want to use it during a Leap Year when there are 366 days in a year!

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are the sine qua non of office document production. We've all used them and we all like them. Now you don't have to be a rich big-shot to own Office so the products are fully accessible and cheap. If you haven't worked with Microsoft Sway yet, you're missing the boat in conveying your concepts and ideas to a larger market. Sway is like PowerPoint on steroids. Sway was created to convey concepts quickly, easily and clearly. The biggest difference is that Sway was designed to express concepts digitally, onscreen, rather than to an audience. Sway has all the templates and creative assistance you can ever need. Give it a try. Trust me. It's a great example of where Microsoft is headed in my opinion.

I use OneNote as a brainstorming and organizational drain for all of my business ideas and projects. Its ease of use is legendary. Your contacts, email, storage and now video conferencing and calling with Skype is really all you need. Do us all a favor. Start with Office 365. It's your one stop shop for productivity. You'll look smarter than you really are.

Cons

It bugs me how Skype runs at startup right away. I'm not a computer pro. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to stop it. I use it all the time. I just don't want it popping up right away.

Ricardo andrés P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

MICROSOFT OFFICE INDISCUTIBLE LEADER

Reviewed on 2018-10-24

In the case of Office 365 Profitability, which allows to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the organization due to the control and ease of management allowing any person with access to share information from any place or device, thanks to the cloud "we work from anywhere" and "Team work" regardless of time zones

Pros

With nearly 25 years in the Windows universe, despite the fact that there are free Office software alternatives, Microsoft Office continues to be the most widely used on a global scale among users and customers, whether at the corporate or personal level, none of these tools has arrived. to pose a threat to the reign of Microsoft Office, The Redmond company now offering services for the Microsoft cloud based on a subscription model, with desktop applications for Windows that include Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Access, and One of its innovations is that they allow the collaborative edition of documents and teamwork, this is a great step from the suite to a set of applications where tablets and smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems can access these documents through web applications that Microsoft has released so that users can temporarily use a document of the classic tools of Off ice: Word, Excel and Power Point, boosting productivity in an increasingly connected and prepared environment for modern work and collaboration online and in a team within a company or personal level.

Cons

In a Microsoft Office administrative installation, more disk space is used on the server, the amount of disk space required on the server ranges between 100 and 325 MB or more, depending on the version of Microsoft Office, if other programs use your server network or if you use it to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, however, this problem is more due to the limited storage of the PCs than the program itself, what it does have is a cost per license very high, apart from that I find no disadvantages that subtract points in favor of Microsoft Office

Maryorie H.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Office 365 toolkit for everyday work management.

Reviewed on 2018-09-15

Office 365, brings programs such as Word that allows me to transcribe work of promotion, research, among others, like receiving files from my students mounted on this tool. Another program that used a lot is PowerPoint, which helps me to make presentations of my classes, in a practical, interactive, with as many tools to make knowledge more effective, also for the presentation of research at events academics; Another program is the Excell that I use to design budget calculations, note control, tables and graphs with results data, among many other things. In addition to these, which are the most used, I also use the OneDrive that allows me to store information from different management sources in the cloud. The other tools I have also used, not so frequently but it has also allowed me to achieve what I need at certain times. Actually the Office 365 is a necessary tool, and important in the daily life of my work as a teacher and researcher.

Pros

Office 365 is a very complete software package to be installed on computer equipment. These programs are well known, and daily use of the PC such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype, among others. And to install it is only necessary to have a subscription, in most cases when you buy a computer you install Windows and automatically the Office, so it is the most widely used package, and allows you to share information handled through the different tools that it brings with other people, although they have different versions. Effectively the applications that this service brings are the best ones to create, save, and share with other users through the network different types of files, with different applications. And it even allows applications to be combined

Cons

Since I use a PC, they have had Office installed in their versions for the particular time, and used all the programs it brings and so far I have not had problems of the program that caused me any particular circumstance that reflects some flaw of the applications. Sometimes I have strained viruses that are causing the failures, and I have even deleted files from Office programs, but these are not problems of the package, comes from using the Internet, or placing on PC artifacts such as PENDRIVES and others, infected.

Carlos j. D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A complete set of extremely useful programs for work or home

Reviewed on 2018-09-14

Excel is what I use the most, and for me it is more than a spreadsheet creating tool, is a mathematical, drawing, statistical, and many more things tool.
Besides of using WORD as my document redaction tool to generate documentation for my projects, I also use it whenever I need to check a text redaction for written messages to be sent by e-mail or other text apps since I normally get better grammar suggestions with it.

Pros

I will mention a few of these programs to make a reference:
WORD offers probably the largest selection of font types on text managing apps. The panel control at the top (Ribbon) is very intuitive and consistent with all MS office tools, you get familiar with it quickly, and also adding numbering, bullets, or other visual helps to improve your document’s look is really easy, just highlight the paragraph you are working on, right-click on it and a mini-toolbar will appear so you can select what you need to edit, format, or add. In case of any grammar or typing errors are made, the program has a “real-time” spelling check that suggests spelling and grammar corrections, so your work can have the quality you need.
EXCEL is my workhorse, I use it to create tables, make calculations, generate graphs, and also make small programing routines. You could even create your own mini-ERP with this app.
POWERPOINT is the data show presentation tool by excellence, you can download multiple templates on line, and interact with it by activating the highlighter and pen features to write on top of your presentation.

Cons

On WORD Sometimes placing inserted images into your text becomes a little tricky, but with a little practice they end up in the right spot.
On EXCEL I have experienced some lag between the time you move your cursor in the cells, and when it actually moves, I guess we may be working on-line without knowing it :)