Trello

4.5 (22,347)
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(22,347)

Handel
  • Industry: Media Production

Incredibly useful task planner

Reviewed on 7/28/2019

Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Pros

The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Basecamp was overall awful, very poor UI, with hard to track task lists and layers on layers of pages with very little data.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello stood out with the most cost effective free solution, with a very easy user interface that requires no training. Out of the box was extremely useful.
Aminuddin
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Helpful in keeping project in time frame

Reviewed on 1/29/2021

I have use it for almost 3 year and Trello has help me and my team to connect, communicate and collaborate on project more organized. The to-do list keep us with daily task that needed to be complete daily, and assigning certain task to specific user.

Pros

Planning and executing task or project using the Kanban board provided by Trello has improve our work process and effectiveness.

Cons

I have really enjoy using Trello as our project management and nothing major that i like least with this software.

Julián
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

A very basic kanban solution

Reviewed on 2/8/2021

This is a good and easy solution for organizing agile projects. As it is easy, it doesn't implement all the core functionality of the kanban philosophy, for example, you only have one pool and one swimlane, so you are forced to organize the tasks only with tags, but once you get used to that, it works pretty well.

Pros

The integration of this tool to our business was easy, and the implementation of the kanban boards are well designed. You can create columns and tasks very quickly, and then organize using labels, or setting due dates and responsibles.

Cons

It's very basic it its native form. In short time you realize that you will need extend its native functionality with plugins. For example, if you need to breakdown the project or to generate some agile reports, you will need to setup external plugins for that. If you want a class entrprise kanban board, you will need to setup many plugins for that.

Redmine

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Redmine does not have a native kanban support. In general this is good, but it didn't fit against our business processes.

Redmine

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello was easy to setup and configure. In JIRA you need much time to setup and find a workflow that fits your business. With Trello you only need to set the different statuses of the tasks, some tags, and you're ready to start tracking the projects. Also, it has a better way to share tasks with other people.
Enrique
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

One of the best options for teamwork

Reviewed on 11/26/2022

Overall, it is a very positive experience, recommendable compared to other alternatives in the market.

Pros

The system of labels on the boards, easy collaboration in accessing co-workers and having deadlines helps to streamline the daily work.

Cons

Workspaces are limited for free users and many features are paid. However, it meets the minimum expectations in its free version to work normally in collaborative projects.

Teamwork and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

The quality-price ratio seemed to me to be more adequate, although their functionalities were similar.

Teamwork and Asana

Jaymie

Trello's efficiency

Reviewed on 10/16/2022

Pros

I have been using the app for 7 yeasrs now and I liked most about trello is the ease on updating, and it adjusts with us without the need to repeat the list. It is very convenient and efficient with our flexible nature on how we do things. It most of the time give us results faster.

Cons

None much because really as it works for us.

The BEST project management

Reviewed on 10/18/2022

Truly the best software. It gets better with every upgrade!

Pros

Trello is what makes our world go round. We use Trello every day to manage our projects, tasks, employees and so much more. I use it for both business and personal project and task management. Can’t live without it!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that some features are available on Microsoft but not Mac.

Thais

Useful Tool

Reviewed on 11/4/2022

With Trello I can visualize the creation and progress of my work projects with great ease and organization. I can know exactly what I need to do without worrying about any details, since I can program all actions into cards on each board distributed into categories. Everything is very organized and easy to apply.

Pros

I can distribute projects and action plans in stages. With the 'kaban' visualization I can easily see the progress of each task being done and what is left to complete the project. It is excellent for organization and planning.

Cons

I don't use the additional tools much because I have little understanding of them, but this hasn't become a big problem for me since the way I use trello already satisfies me a lot.

Jaydeep

Best from rest softwares

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

It it the best software Ever among which i had used

Pros

This software gives me fast results as well there are minutes good features that are amazing.

Cons

Sometimes it lags so it need some upadates

Shprotiv Paul

• Customer Support Software

Best option for first user

Reviewed on 12/31/2022

Pros

Simple for the first user because its very easy to operate. Team user are very comfortable to use it, because it is very effective in result monitoring.

Cons

Though its useful for new one but many part is not available in free version it should provide some extra benefit for free version though new user are think about it.

Jason

Solid Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 1/22/2023

Solid tool that is simple and easy to use.

Pros

Nice interface design using cards to sort and manage tasks.

Cons

Visual hierarchy could be improved. Important tasks could be given more visual importance.

Clay
  • Industry: Hospitality

One word: Simple.

Reviewed on 8/19/2019

I use Trello to organizing my bugs and features. Its easy to put the most important things on the most important list, and put the most important card at the top of the list. This gives me clear direction. And I have access to Trello on my phone or any computer, so I can add cards no matter where I am when i think of something that needs added. I used to keep track of these things using an actual bug tracking software, but it just took too many steps to do the same thing I am doing with Trello. The best thing about Trello, it can be used for so many purposes, so once you get used to the software and create an account, you can easily just create another board for project management, feature requests, and just a plain old to-do list.

Pros

I love how simple it is. We use kanban boards at work through Microsoft TFS, but the complexity kills the mojo a bit. I use Trello as my bug tracker and development pipeline since I am just a single developer working on my projects, and it works perfect for that. Trello follows the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid), I can tell! Just create a board, add a list, and add cards. Very easy, very simple, and very customizable.

Cons

I wish there was a better search feature. When I search for text, I wish it would show me on the board where the result is... maybe when I click the result and scrolls to show me the card, so I can then drag it to another list if I want. Right now the search result show me the card and hide all the others, but by doing that I cant drag to reorder it.

YouTrack and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

You Track is actually pretty good software, but as a sole developer, the simplicity in trello won out. In one click, I can add a bug/feature, whereas with YouTrack, it took several clicks to pick the type, severity, category, tags, etc. You track might be better for bigger teams, but even then, Trello has the tools to scale up as well.

YouTrack

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Free is a great price, so that is hard to beat. Overall, it's just the most simple and easy to use kanban style board out there. Asana looks like a great tool as well and has more features, but sometimes less features is best.
Matt
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very intuitive and easy to immediately

Reviewed on 7/23/2021

Trello has been a huge boost to staying organized with not just my big projects, but also with my daily tasks and staying organized in all of my activities.

Pros

I've used both the paid and free versions of this platform and the free version is as simple to use as the paid version. You do get additional features with the paid version, but for managing your own tasks and projects the free version will still provide everything that you need. I've used a number of project management platforms and Trello stands out because it's very intuitive to use and organize the information you're working on.

Cons

Occasionally, I wish Trello had some prompts on how to better organize information, but this isn't a deal-breaker. I really like it when software can help to save me from my own disorganization, and Trello primarily does that with a very simple setup, but I would also accept some prompts or suggestions too.

Ahmad Farhad
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Bring Discipline into your Business!

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

I love Trello, it's an amazing product. I can use Trello for my personal goals and business goals with great and nice tasks management. This product has been helping my for 2 years to plan and execute my goals. Thank you for this wonderful product!

Pros

Trello has a great user interface and is useful for project management. I easy can plan several projects, pin tasks, track the progress of work, manage the team's work, and meet my deadlines in a very easy way.

Cons

I don't feel like missing any feature or tool while using Trello, but I love to see new features in Trello soon.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Becuase I couldn't be able to track my works in Excel, and also Trello has easy and nice user interface than Airtable for my works.

Airtable and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Because, the management and features of Trello are more worthy than any products I consider. The Trello workflow management is a main useful tool for my business growth.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for project management

Reviewed on 12/13/2019

Trello is our go-to tool for planning and executing projects. We use it to plan and execute projects across multiple teams and functions and it works very well - everyone knows how to use it, everyone follows the boards, works great. We use Asana for my team and Trello for cross-company project planning.

Pros

- Trello is great for planning and executing projects
- It's especially useful when multiple teams/depts are involved
- Unlike Asana, it's easy to add freelancers and external partners to Trello and have them follow the workflow
- Trello is super easy to set up and use
- No enablement is needed - it's just intuitive

Cons

- The functionality is very basic and upgrading to paid plan costs the same as Asana (which has more goodies for us)
- When we have boards with external parties and try to upgrade, we need to pay for the 'guests' as well and that blocks us
- Sub tasks don't have a deadline functionality, which is a pity

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Google Sheets isn't a scalable solution for tasks management. It works for 1-3 people, but above that a proper tool is necessary.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is free & more convenient for cross-teams projects.
Alfredo
  • Industry: Hospitality

Improve productivity of your team

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

One of the main mistakes in teams is lack of comunication. With Trello all your team will know what taks are prioritary, steps to acomplish them and who is the responsible of do it.
As a manager you get a simple view of the task you delegate.
As an employee you get a list of task and status of this tasks.

Pros

It's 100% free.
You can design the "canvas" as you decided. Personalize it, and make it usefull for you and your team.

Cons

When you start using a new app, some people refuse the change. This app needs the compromise of all your team, because it's not usefull if some people decide not to use it.

Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is designed to manage task. Excel is not.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello

It's free and full customizable.
Nate
  • Industry: Design

Trello has made task management at work so much easier that my wife and I use it at home now

Reviewed on 1/26/2021

My overall experience has been excellent. I'd still have sticky notes all over my desk trying to keep track of what I need to work on if it wasn't for Trello.

Pros

It's extremely straightforward and makes task lists incredibly easy to manage. Shuffling around priorities couldn't be easier and it has removed a lot of the mess of trying to keep track of what I need to get done and when from my head. For someone with ADD, this is such a helpful program.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I dislike about the software. It has been really helpful for a person like me.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Looking for something less flashy and more straightforward

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Mixed reviews internally at our company. Some liked it, others felt it gave the clients too much access to our designers.
Vincent
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Trello for Task tracking in Fiji Businesses

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

With Trello, Human Resource efficiency is achieved very well. Time & Money spent on meetings have been cut down to a minimum which leads to a huge savings by the company. The overall experience of using Trello has be beneficial and I would recommend this to all Small & Medium Enterprise as a tool to keep track of projects & tasks.

Pros

Trello is very useful for any company especially when there is a project needed to be completed by the team. Firstly, organizing tasks for individual employees on individual boards is very easy. Once you login you can easily get around and figure things out because of the simplistic setup. Assigning & Archiving tasks is very simple. Secondly, Trello helps with a problem that is rife among companies in Fiji and everywhere else in the world. With Trello, Managers and supervisors have no need of calling meetings to check on the progress of each team member. In my experience, Trello saved us a lot of valuable time as my boss did not need to have a meeting to check on the progress of certain tasks assigned. Instead Trello was used as a gauge to see whether projects would be completed in time. Also, with Trello you can access all your tasks from your mobile device. You also receive real time notification if someone comments on your card or mentions you in a comment. This is very helpful especially when you are always on the go.

Cons

Trello, although very effective, is also very limited in terms of the project it can handle. Small projects are perfect for Trello but not large scale ones. For example, in our company, we would use the app for things like ordering a helicopter part overseas and also handling the freight and shipping up until it is being delivered. Also, storage data is limited so attachments like mp4 videos & other large media files cannot be uploaded. Sometimes we would like to attach videos on Trello just to give a clearer picture to the Managers who would be reading it and its an issue when the storage space allowed is very limited. Moreover, a hindering component of Trello is the fact that without Internet you cannot view or update tasks. Since there is no desktop version it puts pressure on the employees to have data at all times to make sure they know what's going on with every single task.

ClickUp

Easy to use and Simple.

• Customer Support Software

Ultimate multi-team work and work-flow tracking

Reviewed on 9/19/2019

We started out using trello on their free plan for a single project as an experiment.

This is how we've evaluated ticketing and tracking systems in past, but trello became so popular so quickly in 6 months we used it almost everywhere.

It's UX is so well-designed that it enhanced our work productivity more than custom-reinforcement tools that had been built for other tracking systems. It works great for individual and team projects, and allows both mixing of teams and seperate teams as case may be. It has good security and notification, and it very reasonably priced. It has so many integrations (they have different word for integrations, i forget it something like buttons), there are constantly more things we could be doing with it. Butler plugin is particularly useful- again this does things that we have had to automate internally with other work tracking systems.

The API we've started using extensively in the past 6 months, it's much easier than many vendors APIs and we've used it for everything from quick regular reports to automated notification, to management-like functions. Again some of these things we've done in other systems, but the card concepts are so well implemented they just work better and are more clearly to implement and have the eventual implementation very closely match the vision.

Pros

Beyond easy to use- it's actually fun to use, people want to move work through.
By embracing kanban it also encourages constant workflow.
The integrations it has are numerous and awesome.
The API is very flexiable and we use it extensively.

Cons

Not too much.
There are some annoyances like it doesn't support all of Markdown, which makes it harder to format things.
It's a bit tricky to apply same operation to multiple cards, without using the API.
This creates extra work, but once you know it you can frequently control it.
Mostly rare annonyances, some feature that isn't there yet.

Melissa

You Need this in your Life

Reviewed on 10/31/2018

I've been using Trello personally for 4 years, and in my biz for just over 2 years.
I keep track of all the tutorials I've found useful (great if I need to do something 5 months later and am not sure what I did the first time), software I'd like to try, as well as keep lists of various software options that essentially solve the same problem. So it's helped me keep track of newer software that I'd like to test out - very useful for my business.

Pros

I love that there is minimal learning curve when starting to use the software. You can use Trello to plan holidays, parties, a wedding, as well as keep your business/work life organised - in other words, the software is so flexible, and can suit almost any use case which involves keeping "bits and pieces" of information together.

Very valuable addition to this software are the power-ups. These are basically connection abilities with other software that you are probably already using (eg, dropbox, google drive, slack, your CRM and customer support systems). This means that you can use Trello as the hub for many business activities, invite your whole team to a project board, and nobody will waste time looking for scraps of paper that they scribbled an idea on during a meeting.

One of my favourite uses of the software is to create a board that documents systems and processes that you follow in your business, and that way, all your standard operating procedures are in one place. This gives you scope to scale your biz, and makes training a new person much easier.

Also great for keeping track of all the ideas you have for personal projects, shopping lists, wishlists, bucket lists.

This software saves hours and keeps you organised.

Cons

I don't have any cons to write about. There are definitely days where I wish more power-ups could be added to boards, and that there wasn't a limit, but I do understand why there are limits - both for focus (you don't want to have more than a few power-ups per board anyway, otherwise things can really become overwhelming) and for software capabilities (integrating more than a few things together at a time can be risky and unstable).

Chris

• Customer Support Software

Amazing functionality, straight up no fuss. hit the ground running with no sweat loss

Reviewed on 9/16/2018

My tasks lists have never been so easy to identify and manage, especially visually. My projects are all there as boards and my timelines are right up there in gannt form. I dont work well with traditional task lists, as they all look the same, but I have created different backrounds for various projects, my tasks and move cards as necessary. Closest thing to having pen and paper, well even better now!

Pros

I love these browser-based applications.
Setup up time, nill (just the signing up for an account).
Installation time, nill (if you choose to run it within your browser - most people do), or if you like to be special, install the app (now available for your mac, pc and of course portable devices - just remember you will usually find less functionality within most apps).
Configuration is quick and easy with an easy to follow interface. If you have never used this before, not a problem, just feel your way around and you will be cooking in no time.
Getting started, well you just need to grasp the concept. Start with creating a list (a heading or topic) then start to add cards to the list. The beauty lays in having multiple lists and if you are a visual, like me, you can click, grab, then drag and drop your cards around the various lists. You can move your cards around, into any order you wish, just to start with. The hidden beauty lays beneath the surface, where you can add labels, checklists, due dates, assign off to others, attached files, set reminders, just to name a few things.
Think of these as sticky notes on steroids! The collaboration functionality of Trello is amazing also, allowing you to share and work with anyone from anywhere in the world, have them quickly up and running or multiple people and as one person moves a card, others will see it move in real time (almost) on their screens.
Want more? There are also add on's that create gannt charts +

Cons

hard to say, this is a fantastic and polished platform. I cant think of anything negative to be honest.

Lohany
  • Industry: Government Relations

meeting the trello

Reviewed on 9/14/2020

Trello allowed me to create a more organized schedule, especially with projects that had no specific date to do any activity, so it made my life a lot easier, for example: before using Trello I made lists of what I had to do during the week and day , and whenever I couldn't do a task I had to copy it back to the next list of the following week, erasing everything, with Trello I no longer have this problem I managed to optimize my time because now with Trello I look at all my projects I see which ones are the next actions to be done on the list, and the notifications with reminders that I post always appear, and when I finish the task I mark it and it turns green, and the ones in red are the ones I still have to do, so my conclusion about Trello is that I still intend to continue using this application, I think it fulfills its function very well.

Pros

the cool thing about Trello is that as soon as you download it to your device, it comes with a welcome board that shows what you can do with the trello app, at first glance, it has a presentation card where you click and can make a description of the card or add a comment, add images, add a link, create checklists, tags, you can create as many lists as you want, file a card, all this the app will teach you, it is very good for managing projects , it is very practical, so it is not an application so difficult to learn to handle because it is very visual, another advantage is the integration of trello with various platforms, for example, windows, ios, so that there is no difficulty of access through another browser, even if it is not installed on your device, you can access and manipulate it without having to download it.

Cons

the only disadvantage i've seen so far is that i didn't learn how to create teams in the app just to be able to create on the computer on the site, so when i click add, i can only add a new board and select which team i'll put, but so far i don't know how to add a new team, I don't know if it's not possible or if it's my mistake, another disadvantage is the number of limited power-ups that are offered in the free version, so I can only add a power-up and if I want to put dropbox and Evernote I can't, but it's fair, it's an application that has a commercial version so if you want to use more tools I think it's fair to pay for them, as it is useful for several companies.

Sophia

• Customer Support Software

I couldn't work without my Trello

Reviewed on 8/31/2022

Amazing. I have been able to completely do away with paper notebooks for organization and project management. Having all my tasks available online to access from my computer and phone has improved my productivity and organization.

Pros

I love the opportunity to organize my boards, add tasks, bullets, checklists, multi-media, links and more into my projects. I love the ability to color code and to see my progress as I am finishing tasks. I use my Trello boards as my bible day to day for work and life tasks and projects. As my team's manager, I am also able to track everyone's projects to make sure we're staying on task and completing necessary and important deliverables. I am able to tag priority for certain tasks as well. Trello is the only way I stay organized with all of our projects. I also love the mobile app, as I can add, change, edit and check on tasks when I'm on-the-go.

Cons

I don't like that you can't just "complete" a task / have the opportunity to cross it off. You can only "Archive" tasks. I'd like to be able to organize completed tasks in a better way, as it helps me track what me and my team have worked on in the past week or month as I report to my manager.

Evernote Teams

More robust features
Oussama
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello promising app

Reviewed on 5/19/2022

From my personal experience, I really liked using trello because it was free and widely spread among everyone proof of its effectiveness, I relied on it a lot during my study period for my Master in International Business, and I am very grateful to Trello because it was very useful in organizing my time and study programs and reminding me of notes because exams period often It is stressful and forgetful, now I rely on Trello to manage my content on social media, and I even used it repeatedly in managing the marketing team of the company in which I work as a marketing manager because I see it as much easier and simpler than other applications in the same category, and most importantly, it is never expensive so it will be A very supportive point for startups and entrepreneurs who are about to launch their own path.

Pros

From what I have noticed in my field, the Trello application is one of the most popular applications among budding entrepreneurs because it is free and available to almost everyone. Trello has many options to deal with your daily program or project, which can adapt to different types of tasks or projects, you can use Trello to organize your vacation, manage your work team, manage your own project, social networking sites, etc., there are many tools that enhance the flexibility of Trello to suit your preferences The user can use checklists to monitor tasks or colors to categorize them, and best of all, it allows you to accurately monitor the development of your performance at all levels.

Cons

I can say that there are many features that could greatly improve Trello if they were added, such as a feature for voice recording of tasks for people who do not like to write very much, and we may go further and suggest the feature of converting voice recording to my book on Trello for dictation Tasks and comment on them, I think that these suggestions require huge investments in research and development and artificial intelligence, however, we can suggest simpler features such as adding the feature of sending notifications as reminders of tasks that need to be completed through user accounts on social networking sites, and we can always recommend the ability to add images and logos For the user, his project or his company in order to enhance the sense of belonging to the users in the long run, and as a final note, the best performance reports formulated in the form of tips and recommendations, i.e. not only inform me about my achievement percentage during the last week, but also advise me to improve my performance during the following week to compensate for the delay.

Anton

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature:
- it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello;
- it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute);
- you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android);
- you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time;
- there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...

Arun Sarathy

King of all Kanban Board Tools

Reviewed on 3/23/2022

Pros

The power of Trello is in its simplicity and ease of use. Its interface seems light-weight right out of the box. I have used several similar tools later on (after finding / falling in love with Trello - first love, obviously) like Clickup, Taskade and a few others but I find myself always falling back to Trello for its intuitive workflow and simple-to-use features. If you are a solo creator like me, who wants to throw all the ideas into a board, track them with a simple flow like - 'do, doing, done', then Trello is all you need. Go for it, and thank me later!

Cons

Sometimes, they keep changing their approach to their business which I found weird. But that's just me, may be. For example, they used to have Trello Gold for approximately $5 or so but they evolved and brought in different pricing tiers. I miss that but I also understand business models evolve with time. I also didn't like that many power-ups are just trials. Some useful ones cannot be used just easily. It asks for money to expand our experience with Trello. I believe its marketplace needs to evolve too by letting in more free power-ups.