#1 all-in-one Membership Management Software

4.5/5

Melissa M.

Cost Effective Website and Database

Reviewed on 2021-02-05

Overall Wild Apricot is a great tool for associations and/or others who need to process dues payments, event registrations and keep up with your clients.

Pros

Wild Apricot makes it easy to process registrations for events, dues payments and store purchases in addition to being a website. It is very easy to use. There are user groups that you can join to get help from other users. Also, it is very easy to create a manual invoice for things that I might need a product for or a registration. There is also an app for administrators which is super convenient when to try to look up open invoices, etc. when away from the office.

Cons

There are several features that should be available that are not. First and foremost there should be the availability within in the software to create a pdf and email it to contacts. The store does not appear to be integrated with the mail database and there are not a lot of reports. When I have orders from my store I have to constantly watch for duplicates. There is also not an email report to run that will search for possible duplicates in the system.

StarChapter and MemberClicks

Reasons for Switching to Wild Apricot

StarChapter is very dated software and not at all user friendly. I also felt like my questions were not heard or they were determined to do things their way. MemberClick was outside of our budget.

Use with Multiple Organizations - A True Advocate

Reviewed on 2020-05-05

Eight years ago I went through a selection process and chose Wild Apricot and then implemented it. A HUGE step up from disparate systems on Excel, a separate website, and email. This year I led the selection and implantation process for a different organization and Wild Apricot came out on top again. Processing a new member went from one hour to minutes. Renewals from 30 minutes to zero. Sending out emails used to be a huge process. Now it's simple.
One thing I've noticed is that Wild Apricot continues to add and improve features. The website builder has gotten easier to use. And adding responsive themes and an easy-to-implement app is a huge plus.

Pros

Integrated features for membership management, communications, event management, and website development. Great coaching services during implementation and then support after.

Cons

Nothing that would stop me from selecting it again. Some of the newer features like polls can use some development, and formatting is sometimes challenging. But the tradeoff for a fully integrated system is well worth it.

Neon CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Wild Apricot

Value for money, ease of implementation, ease of management, previous experience with the product and support team.
Marilyn M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Repeat Customer

Reviewed on 2021-04-20

I have set up numerous associations with this software and still manage the website for 2. It is logical and has all of the necessary features (which are many). I know I can teach it to others and walk away when I am tired of volunteering as Web Master.

Pros

Wild Apricot is a full-feature membership management program. It handles every problem I have encountered since I stated using it in 2014. It has steady grown more powerful and they have developed solutions to almost every issue.

Cons

It is sometimes easy to skip a step in the financial part of the software, and cause trouble later - such as not settling a payment before voiding an invoice. It works great if you know what you are doing, but you use one of the functions rarely, it is important to review the steps carefully.

Judith H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Behind the curtain at my website

Reviewed on 2020-11-23

Most of my work involves setting up multiple events, with price codes for different populations. I will be redesigning my home page the 1st of the year. I'll let you know how that goes.

Pros

flexibility & ease of use, easy to set up events, easy to embed zoom so registration is one step

Cons

I'd like to be more facile in embedding graphics, so this is about me not you

Tim P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Good Product for Non-Profit Management

Reviewed on 2020-05-09

The selection of Wild Apricot has allowed a small non-profit working with a hodge-podge of cobbled together "free" solutions to move into the 21st century. Volunteers and board members can work from a unified database rather than multiple, out-of-sync, task-specific spreadsheets. Tasks can be distributed without dis-integrating this data. Web site integration and payment processing allow members, donors and event participants to interact with the organization online, rather than the previous limitation to paper forms and checks. Implementation was straight-forward, if not exactly "simple". Years of old and inconsistent data always complicate a migration. The choice to integrate with the organization's existing WordPress web site rather than fully implement Wild Apricot's built-in CMS also provided some challenges. Support was mostly timely and helpful during the migration and implementation phases.

Pros

Product is full-featured and the least expensive for a small non-profit on a limited budget. Of particular interest were membership management features, including self-service join, renew, and update. Also critical was event management and integration with membership, since the organization's main publicity and fundraising activity is a large bike ride. Web site integration was also attractive. Good platform for communicating with members and event participants. Payment processing integration for memberships, donations, and event registrations.

Cons

Lacked QuickBooks integration, although the organization's treasurer at the time did not consider this a needed feature. Lack of volunteer management, though that was not considered an essential feature at the time of review. Web site integration works best when using the built-in CMS. Integration with WordPress, the organization's existing CMS was largely successful. However some issues did arise with the forms for things like memberships, donations, and event registrations, especially on Apple devices.

Kimberly K.

Excellent Management System for All My Needs

Reviewed on 2020-01-15

I began using WA in 2011 for a non-profit managing 90 volunteers and various events and fundraisers. Since then, I have created WA accounts for 3 other non-profits of similar size AND, as of 2017, also created a WA software account to manage my professional association of 1,000 members with great success. I am a huge advocate for Wild Apricot software and how is can effectively manage members/volunteers and manage events/fundraisers/conferences while being a user-friendly, professional platform to market my organizations.

Pros

The simplicity yet robust nature of this software is awesome. The user-friendly setups and ease-of-use make it an effective tool to help manage various facets of the organization. Many screens are at-a-glance summary overviews while others provide sufficient detail to meet a variety of needs. Many of my volunteers are elderly and they can navigate the system just as ease as a techny-teenager. The system is user-friendly enough that, if you are in it every day, it is not cumbersome and, if you are an infrequent user, it is quite intuitive.

Cons

While I like many things about the software, I only wish there was a way to (1) track volunteer hours within member profiles and (2) have the ability to use more than one payment system (I have a 501c3 and 501c4 organization with different financial needs) so I wish I could manage both within the same software system. So, those are big wish list items that I hope come along in the future but so far those are manageable through other less than ideal means. Otherwise, on a daily basis, there is very little I have issue with within the software.

Heidi E.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Wild Apricot helped organize our organization!

Reviewed on 2017-01-12

Our small, non-profit organization of internationally located English teachers needed a "home" for our members to connect. Nobody on the board was particularly tech savvy; nor were we confident enough to build our own website. So we were thrilled to discover Wild Apricot (WA). The tutorials are fabulous, thankfully using simple English and easily understood, and the structure is intuitive to even the most novice user. The Customer Service team quickly replies anytime I have a question. We initiated a small annual membership fee to cover our cost, and WA's automated system tracks our member renewals with ease. We are still able to offer free memberships to our global and student members, and the general membership fees easily cover our annual costs. Our little site hosts all of our organization's history (past conferences, journals, newsletters, etc.), and we're hoping to soon add a Resources tab where our members can share unpublished curriculum ideas for teaching English language learners. I love that we can have a members-only viewing for some things on our site, and open everything else to the public. Our annual conference registration is so much more organized now, and we love the ease of the Paypal system for payments. Of course, there are changes we'd like to see, particular to our organization's needs and goals. Three times I've made suggestions to WA for site improvement, and the follow-up was quick, respectful, and thorough. Suggestions are taken seriously and are useful to the WA team for making site improvements and upgrades. I am happy to write this recommendation and assure you that anyone, absolutely anyone can create a useful and attractive website with the help of Wild Apricot!

Pros

Ease of use for general public, ability to create an attractive, efficient website, Paypal link for easy registration for memberships and conference fees, great customer support

Cons

Some limitations for the structure of the website

Sim S.

Great Software for Membership Management

Reviewed on 2014-11-27

I had reviewed a couple of different options, but opted to use Wild Apricot for our small cultural organization this past summer. So far, we haven't regretted the decision. Previously our site was managed in WordPress but it was designed by a local web hosting company and the old site didn't have any built in membership management and communication features. If we continued to use WordPress we were expected the dish out a lot of service fees to the company to implement additional features to our site. Instead, we moved to Wild Apricot. I was happy with the web design template solutions, and realized with a few minor changes I could achieve the look I wanted for our organization. I am a somewhat savvy computer user but I an in no way a professional web designer or a programmer. I didn't want to dabble too much with completely customizing the themes and style sheets. Wild Apricot's customer service reps were very kind to share with me a few quick tips which allowed me to achieve the perfect look. Membership sign up process has been very easy, and we have just implemented the standard PayPal payment option which appears to be working great. There are only two major limitations with the product for my organization: One is the multi-language support (There is no easy way to create a version of the site in a different language). We opted to list everything in both languages in our links, and repeat content in both languages on the same page. This is actually working OK for us. Second limitation is the inability to create recurring events. One can replicate events easily, by using an existing event... but the simple functionality that's available in Google or Outlook Calendars is lacking. The company does provide frequent updates to the software, though. I was pleasantly surprised to see them incorporate features I hadn't thought of but may come in handy. They allow users to submit items to a public wishlist and seem to listening (at least the easier to implement features are making the update roadmap). Overall, I am happy about the choice. A little bit more flexible pricing may be necessary. I may exceed the 250 members list soon, but my organization will never be getting too big.. If I have to move to the next price range, our Board may feel it's a little too expensive.

Cm E.

• Customer Support Software

Our professional organization moved to Wild Apricot because it does a complete job of helping...

Reviewed on 2018-06-20

If you manage an organization with members and need a full service product that will help you build and manage your website, this is it. It also does all of the back-end things necessary and integrates mail, payments, event management, blogs and many other features all in one product. We LOVE Wild Apricot

Pros

It manages membership, collects payments, sends and tracks emails and also provides all of this in the administrative side of our website. We used to have a self-built website that was a mess. After moving to Wild Apricot, we increased membership by almost 50%. We have a professional looking website now and the bonus of managing our membership, email blasts, payments invoicing and collections. Now they have just added a store front for those who need it. They have built two smart phone apps (one for ADMINS and one for Members) which make it easier.

Cons

It tracks your current members and is up the moment accurate of who is a current member. But I cannot answer the question: "How many members did we have on this date last year?" It takes a slew of special search criteria to even get close to being able to answer that question. I've taken to doing a export of the member list quarterly into a spreadsheet so I can answer such a basic question.

Julie S.

• Customer Support Software

Great software at a great price

Reviewed on 2019-01-08

Knowing that membership renewals and invoices and event reminders are automated means I can focus on what matters most, member engagement and retention.

Pros

I'm a part time Executive Director of a membership organization. Before Wild Apricot a lot of my time was spent on billing and administration and event registration. Wild Apricot does all of that for me, so all I have to do is address specific questions or issues.

Cons

The email functionality is not great. That is literally my ONLY complaint about the software.

Jeff S.

customer support incredibly frustrating

Reviewed on 2018-10-22

This seems like a small company that is overwhelmed by the size of their customer base and customer needs. For example, the billing department only communicates by email. You can't speak to anyone when you have a billing issue that needs to be addressed. Having to deal with billing/account information by back and forth email is incredibly frustrating. How any company operating at this level can continue to function when they don't even provide billing phone support makes me wonder about the competency of management. The one function that any business should prioritize is getting paid! Although I've made a huge investment in getting my site on WildApricot set up and running, I'm now thinking that I need to look at alternatives.

Pros

the functionality of the software is good for a small to medium size membership association, and it's relatively easy to setup and manage

Cons

Feature requests go into a hopper that seems to be very large and they are seemingly rarely addressed in updates.

Kevin W.

• Customer Support Software

A great choice and simple solution for an Online Membership Management System!

Reviewed on 2020-09-08

Overall it is a pretty simple and decent tool for website building, emailing and online event posting. The price seems affordable (us$50/m for monthly and can be lowered to GROUP us$45/mo billed annually 250 members)

Pros

1. Its website builder seems good enough for a simple website;
2. it does provide online payment gateway through its own engine with a fee charge per transaction.
the Wild Apricot Payments is the preferred payment gateway for Wild Apricot, powered by AffiniPay.
Apply instantly and start accepting payments in 1-3 business days
No setup or monthly fees
2.9% + $0.30 for each transaction (additional charges may apply) Visa, MasterCard, Discover and
American Express cards accepted
One-stop support for both Wild Apricot Software and Wild Apricot Payments
All payments are directly transferred to your bank account within 48 hours
3. other features, such as online event and registration seem handy;
4. the user interface is easy to use and efficient;

Cons

It seems having no online booking function;
less flexibility if you want more control of the backend tools settings since It is a pure online tool with a website builder.

Chris W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

WSBA Professional Association

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

Overall quite good. Especially the Support Team. I am concerned about the future since we are a small organization and this is our biggest expense line item. I will there was another mid-level price point. I also would like to see some additional tracking features for events. Good job folks!

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Definitely, helps with keeping our membership dues revenue steady.

Cons

A bit expensive for small organization (but I don't deny the value in simplifying getting our dues paid easily). Difficult to reduce 'duplicate' contacts when they use a different email address to signed up for an event, etc.

Jean W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

Wild Apricot has been a huge help in managing our membership database. Renewal notices go out automatically and the payment process is tracked and easy to see you has paid and who still owes. We use the event modules for registration for our events and that has been a big help also. Before we did all this with spreadsheets, email, and snail mail; as a result we were never up to date and was subject to errors and headaches.

Pros

Membership tracking and managing. Event registration. Donation tracking.

Don K.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 2020-05-05

Pros

The integration of everything needed to manage an organization is included in the Wild Apricot software. I especially enjoy the feature rich website tools that accompany the membership management and financial tools.

Cons

No cons really with this software. Like all things technical there is a learning curve but it is not too steep. The support is excellent. The help section is well written and the staff respond when contacted with additional help as needed. There are training videos and webinars too.

Michelle R.

Reviewed on 2019-11-07

Excellent

Pros

I like the membership fields as they are easy to navigate. It makes my job as secretary easy when I can log on and move about the site easily.

Cons

Sometime the emailing system can be a bit difficult.

Raymond C.

Wild Apricot for Your Organization

Reviewed on 2014-10-30

Prior to changing to WA we looked at several different options. Being deeply rooted in Wordpress design I was looking for a system that was WP simple yet had a powerful membership platform. Most importantly, it had to be a system usable by a vast array of individuals with limited or no tech background. Wild Apricot was our top pick. Here are a few of our favorite Pros and a few Cons.

Pro: 1) Very Very easy to use. They include easy to follow walk through guide for every step if setting up your own site. 2) The member system is robust, feature packed and top notch. 3) Those with CSS and coding skills can have fun customizing. 4) Customer Service is a joy to work with. 5) Extremely cost effective. 6) You get to try before you buy.

Cons: 1) Nice but limited templates. (Good news is that with some CSS / Java / HTML skill you can modify them to almost whatever you want.) 2) Although the most recent version is leaps and bound more advanced than their previous version, it seems that they have a limited team to accomplish all the awesome things planned on their roadmap. ((This is the only reason I gave the overall rating of 4 stars. It's hard to get a 5 star rating from me and they didn't have a 4.5 star option.))

Really, those are the only cons I can come up with.

If you are an organization in need of a member site then this is a no brainer. You can check out our site at http://rhodeislandpa.org. We modified the Granite theme to come up with this great site. We continue to be impressed and are thankful to have landed with such a great system.

Kevin W.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great option for Event Registration Management

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

Pros

I had a charity 5K that I volunteered to help manage and intended on tracking all of the signups manually. I really wasn't looking forward to it. One of my friends recommended Wild Apricot as an option so I checked it out with their free trial. It was tremendously simple to use and juggle all of the event information in one place. There were still a few manual offline items to keep track of, but Wild Apricot was so much better! The ability to check in folks from my Galaxy phone was a Godsend, too.

Cons

I was lucky enough to take care of everything I needed within their free trial period, but I'd be happy to pay for their software if I ever had use of it again. I wish there were free options for non-profits, but that only applies for smaller users. Great software overall, though.

Gunilla V.

Happy WA user

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

Since starting with WA in 2012 we have more than doubled our membership to over 1400 members. Having the website, the paying on line facility and easy email communication has been the cornerstone of the success. Constant improvement by WA based on user requests is helping to make life easier, a great benefit for us volunteers!

Pros

Cons

Difficult to give some people editing access to just certain parts of the system.

Nanette J.

WA positive review

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

I have nothing but positive things to say about WA. The support people are top-notch. They are always helpful, and timely. No one has ever been condescending in the advice they offer or in the answers they give. They are always willing to "stick with me" until an issue is resolved or until I understand. WA has been my go-to program since 2007--features, quality, ease of use, value, and customer support will keep me as a customer and user.

Donna K.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

• Customer Support Software

Review of WA from amateur website designer

Reviewed on 2017-01-11

My only experience is with the website side of WA. I am not a web designer and have had no problem learning how to do this by using the support provided by WA. I find the web design part of the software package pretty intuitive. When I run into problems or questions, I have been most impressed with how quickly my requests for support are answered. In addition, WA seems to listen to requests for future changes and does updates pretty frequently.

Pros

Ease of use and quick access to support when needed

Cons

I would love help with SEO because that is something I don't totally understand. We are an organization of volunteers with little to no web experience.

Nancy K.
  • Industry: Banking

Best Choice for Member Associations

Reviewed on 2017-01-10

As membership grew to over 150 it became clear that we needed a better solution than Excel spreadsheet and trying to send emails to all our members through our personal or work accounts. We considered 3 options and Wild Apricot was the clear choice in terms of capabilities, security, features and pricing. We were able to import the data from that Excel spreadsheet and our membership database was created within minutes with amazing accuracy.

As a non-profit association of women in the financial services industry we are very hung up on cost/benefit, and we couldn't be happier - Wild Apricot is a very high value for the cost; we recommend them highly.

Pros

Ability to maintain membership database with automatic membership renewals and online applications.

Cons

We are only able to link to one PayPal account.

Lawrence M.

Price increase

Reviewed on 2019-04-06

Good but will not renew. They are only interested in the money

Pros

easy of use but they keep increasing the price of their product

Cons

Because we use paypal and not theirs they are going to increase the annual fee in 2020 just after they just increased the rate by 40%

Kaye K.

Administrator review

Reviewed on 2020-11-25

Pros

Ease of use and the reports that are available.

Cons

I am not notified each time a payment is received from one of our members. I'm sure I just have to set a flag, which I do not know about.

Grant S.

Wild Apricot Review

Reviewed on 2020-09-13

Excellent

Pros

Offers everything you need to run an association and its ease of use and price.

Cons

E-mail product is inferior to other services.