FinancialForce PSA

Professional Services Automation (PSA) App for Salesforce

4.2 /5 (55 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.1
3.9
4.1
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

FinancialForce helps me manage my business!

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

Pros

FinancialForce is fairly easy to use but you definitely need to have an admin who is savvy with FF & SFDC. Once it is setup how you need it, it is fabulous. Reporting can be challenging at times hence the need for a savvy system admin.

Cons

The need to export things to Excel for extensive reporting and develop pivot tables to get full data analysis. This is really not just a FinancialForce limitation as we had to do this with other tools we have used.

Nolan M.
Industry: Consumer Services

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) Review

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Pros

This tool has helped our company get important data that we need.

Cons

This software can be very hard to use and to get the proper configurations unless you hire a specialist or have somebody with experience.

Kacy H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

analyst / admin

Reviewed on 2018-11-26

Pros

functionality, time tracking ability to use metrics to run business

Cons

project mgmt gantt tool, not very easy to use

Industry: E-Learning

Depends on your needs

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

Although I do not love the user interface, Financialforce works consistently.

Cons

It's complicated and lacks basic project management functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Zodiac F.

Financial Force

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

Pros

A great upgrade from what our company was initially using - easy and straight forward

Cons

Like any change it takes time to fully grasp so there is a learning curve

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Extremely satisfied with the feature set provided

Pros

Visibility and Tracking of PS Projects provides valuatable insight

Cons

Integration with other Salesforce difficult

Vikas A.

Review from a user

Reviewed on 2016-10-06

Great app, but bit complex. was awesome superb experience to have this one tell .

User interface to be improved.

Elie A.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2018-03-14
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great app with good functionality

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017-12-22

Pros

Web-based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support

Cons

API could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex. ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.

Thumbs up to FinancialForce

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

This software is so much better than the previous software we used in the past. Its simple and easy to access and review reporting.

Cons

I don't like that with using a MAC I have to expand the screen to sumbit things.

FinancialForce Helped Streamline My Billing Process

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

FF PSA allowed me to create and bill projects from the quotes and opportunities from our sales team, it helped combine multiple processes that existed before.

Pros

I like that FF allowed me to bill directly from projects we created in Salesforce. Previously we had separate systems and it was time consuming.
I also like that we are able to customize our project fields and opportunities. I also use the report creating tool a lot.

Cons

I sometimes have limitations with specific auto calculations it runs, but they are few at this point.

Simon C.

If it had a face I would punch it... repeatedly... until it was bleeding!

Reviewed on 2018-07-18

See my review!

Pros

Lots of tools in the toolbag. There is no doubt this product has lots of features and can help businesses cover many of a project management office's needs including project reporting and planning; timecard entry and management and status reporting.

It is a matrix organisation's wet dream giving lots of opportunities for different horizontals and verticals to organise and crunch the data in their own specific ways.

Custom reports are good and I like the dashboards if you can find enough data fields to actually drive what you need.

Cons

This product is so infuriating to work with for any length of time. I use this as both Project Manager and a user. It has just enough functionality to make you hopeful you can do what you need and then crushes that hope. Here is a quick run of the major (dis)functions:

1. It uses a web browser - chrome is just about OK, Firefox works in some parts but not others, Internet Explorer does not work. Because it uses a browser it is easy for IT departments to deploy (i.e. cheap) and is a dreadful experience to use.

2. Timecard entry is for a complete week and requires comments for each project/task/day combination. It is not a bad solution but is not great either.

3. The creators seem to push the idea of having resource managers in your business requiring project managers to create resource requests which then lead to assignments on projects. Whilst there is nothing inherently wrong with this requires so many more steps (and people) than is necessary, which introduces complexity and delays.

4. The Project Task Gantt view is the fibrillating heart of the tool and is so annoying I find it hard to get the words out. There is no useful integration with MS Project so you are forced to gouge away trying to use the functionality. You need to save constantly, the view of the tasks jumps backwards in time so you lose your focus, the task tree expands every time you save. In short it is SO frustrating to work with.

Save yourself this nightmare - run Forest run!

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Industry: Financial Services

FF PSA is a Winner

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

Seamless integration with Salesforce CRM. Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface. Super responsive support team. Unlimited flexibility with all the features offered.

Cons

There's some level of complexity involved for beginners considering the sheer number of features available. A lot of updates, at times unnecessary but part of what keeps the FF engine humming along. Could be some improvements to mobile and reporting.

John L.
Industry: Consumer Goods

PSA for Project Management

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

A lot of builtin Project Management tools. Somewhat difficult to train Users on, due to the complexity of our requirements and instance. Easy to maintain, add and remove Users.

Cons

Complexity. A lot of moving parts in the background. We over designed our instance and the group that uses it only uses about 20% of the capabilities.

Eric E.
Industry: Telecommunications

Great reporting functionality

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Pros

Reporting and ability to run bulk updates to project entries.

Cons

Some of the features like setting up automated reports and dashboards are not intuitive

Jim H.

FF PSA review

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

Many features included which fit together well

Cons

Reporting functionality difficult to use and get the data desired. Does not fit together with SalesForce reporting very well.

Your one stop PSA tool

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

If you have SF CRM and your a prof services org...stop here, this is your tool.

Cons

High costs of customizations and limited reporting cause a bit of a slow launch. but all the major features are there.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mohit A.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

good

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-12-31

Pros

Software is awesome and help you in automation

Cons

nothing in specific which was not of great use

Industry: Internet
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Best PSA for Salesforce Users

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018-11-28

FinancialForce PSA is essential for our business to run the services department.

Pros

Easily connects our professional services teams with projects and customers in one place. FinancialForce is built natively on the Salesforce Platform so everything is connected. Has everything we need for a PSA tool with an amazing support team.

Cons

With so many features and flexibility in the software, the best options to do something isn’t always clear.

Yoana E.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great Service Automation!

Reviewed on 2020-03-29

Great product, with a bit of a learning curve but overall easy to set up.

Pros

It's very easy to learn - with clean interface and powerful tools, you can quickly start utilizing FinancialForce in just a couple of days!

Cons

The only issue we had with FinancialForce was with integrating our revenue reports. Took a bit of time to set it up, however, once done, everything works great.

William M.

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

Reviewed on 2011-12-01

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management.

If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches.

This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new to us and has become the center of our corporate universe.

you will be overwhelmed so just be warned the Quick Start Implementation will appeal to you, but I encourage you to just get the next level up so the team at VanaWorkforce.com will do all the work for you.

Just get it.

Oh yeah, since it is on force.com it makes integration with CRM and other force.com products a single click of the mouse and has single sign-on, super cool.

Patrick.

Pros

The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required.

Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more.

Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating in the solution and not of facebook or twitter. Also love the collaboration on goals, initiatives, performance reviews and projects.

Top it off the library was an added bonus, since I can store and share corporate documents and even education materials as part of the solution (free) and have my team collaborate with others on these and track it in the learning management.

Overall: over the top! Thank you.

Cons

There is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered.

Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3

Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS!

The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!

Regina N.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Powerful, but not always in the right places

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

Integrates with SalesForce and NetSuite. Allows resource planning, revenue recognition, and forecasting in one place.

Cons

Project planning is rudimentary (Gantt only). No good options for sharing project info with people outside of our organization without extra licenses. Process-heavy features are not a great fit for our organization's culture.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Amazing Features

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

We are using our PSA for time reporting. There are so many additional features like resource requests, project scheduling, and overall project management that we are beginning to explore. We are also setting up our skills management module this quarter, which will allow us to improve utilization within our team.

Pros

I appreciate how PSA links with SalesForce and our customer support modules. As a "superuser" I have all the information that I need at my fingertips. I can address questions from different teams (i.e., sales, support, consultants). I also have files and supporting documentation at a click of a button.

Cons

The software isn't very intuitive and can't be installed out of the box and utilized in a day. It takes a few weeks to get accustomed to the functionality, but can take months to explore all of the features. They do have an AMAZING support community. I found that have a relationship with the customer success manager to be most helpful.

David E.
Industry: Management Consulting

Using SCM and Financial packages for ECommerce

Reviewed on 2017-08-31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Would love to see built in EDI support

Pros

Salesforce platform, Half Decent API, Great customer support. Allows you to manage things in one place. Lower cost of ownership. Installation and maintenance is nothing compared to most ERP solutions.

Cons

API could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex (ie I would love to see some dependency injection here for custom logic of doing some things). ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.

John H.

Significants improvements to Financial Control for an NGO

Reviewed on 2011-12-22

Excellent analysis tools and integration with Excel supports our multiple reporting and wider organisational needs.

Pros

Excellent Multi-currency.
Dimensions Feature allows the level of reporting we need to comply with multi-country/currency/project/phase/donor requirements.
Very easy to use and to train others to use.
Excellent import/export facility with Excel.
Web based allows field and UK staff to work in real time on the same data.

Cons

We are an NGO, and our requirements are only for General Ledger, so I cannot comment on the pros and cons of the full system.
We also use SalesForce; which is a pre-requisite to gain some of the benefits above.