Cirrus Insight

4.1/5

Nitin M.
  • Industry: Market Research Software

• Customer Support Software

It helps in adoption of Salesforce !

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

Get more activities and quicker record addition into salesforce.

Pros

This tool has helped us increase users adopt salesforce more to put in their activities. Its seamless sync and automated mapping for records to be linked to the right SF records. It helps do everything within inbox than logging in SF, mostly everything!

Cons

Some erratic sync fails due to Google Token refreshes.

Groove

Reasons for Switching to Cirrus Insight

better UI, easier to sync and potential to have more functionalities in future.
Mike H.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Helpful for the Salesforce-foucsed Sales team

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

Pros

Cirrus is the best integration between Gmail and Salesforce that I have found - bar none. If that is what you need more than anything - then this product will fit that perfectly. It allows all emails to auto sync to the correct salesforce account/contact. The sidebar is useful to quick note taking within the client's profile, as well as looking up previous outreach efforts or existing business. It's very easy to setup and can be a big help for a sales team. Additionally, the meeting setup is the best I have seen and very simple to use (integrates into your google calendar as well)

Cons

Some key features like templates are extremely lacking - to the point that I needed additional tools to supplement Cirrus's weak areas. The templates can only be those within salesforce, and the populated values in the templates can only be values stored in salesforce - which can very much limit the usability. Additionally, open-email tracking doesn't seem to be the most reliable compared to other similar products.

Heather F.

• Customer Support Software

Easy for even the "computer-challenged" to use

Reviewed on 2018-05-30

It allows for us to easily log emails into SF plus create follow up tasks. The best feature is the "send later" so you can type emails as you're working but send them at a future time!

Pros

It is easy to use and they are updating and adding features often to stay competitive with Salesforce Inbox. We decided not to switch to SF Inbox because we have had such a positive experience with Cirrus plus Cirrus costs less!

Cons

We have had little to no issues with Cirrus and when we do have an issue, the resolution is always simple: go to the download page & redownload the application which has always fixed every issue we have had. Nothing else negative comes to mind!

Kevin F.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Excellent, Reiable Tool for Salesforce

Salesforce (classic & lightning) Service Cloud
- very happy
- saves time
- easy to use

Pros

- Reliability (the SF tool for Outlook Email we used to have was broken all the time)
- Efficient (easy to move communication, saving lots of time)

Cons

- Wish the emails went into the Case's Comments section instead of Activities but not a big deal
- When adding emails via the plug-in, sometimes I wish it connected info in my email better to case nos. so I wouldn't have to search further. Solution to this = putting my case nos. in email subject lines.

Easy to setup and start implementing

Reviewed on 2019-05-06

I couldn't get by with this software. Well, I could but it would add hours of work to my week. It helps my streamline my overall process.

Pros

Ease of setup and user-friendly interface that allows me to work on one platform

Cons

Some functionality doesn't work as easily as advertised (i.e pulling user data from email signatures to prepopulate fields -- this rarely happens for me). And I'd like to have some added features - ability to sync multiple calendars.

• Customer Support Software

Simple email to salesforce capture + email open tracking

Reviewed on 2017-10-13

Emails automatically logged in Salesforce. Quick responses to opens when applicable.

Pros

Ability to see when and where people are opening emails. Reliability with emails logged to salesforce, especially by my team members.

Cons

Hard to tell when it isn't working, not the easiest to customize. Would like to see high priority open alerts.

Mari L.

Average Crm integration

Reviewed on 2017-12-14

Pros

This seemed like a pretty simple and intuitive tool to log calls and to utilize on email campaigns. It seemed to do the job at the time. I actually like it better than Salesforce IQ but I think it's because the company chose to switch up before I fully got to realize the potential.

Cons

It seemed a little bit clunky and integrating with Salesforce. I don't think it had the best template function built-in and there seem to still have to be a lot of manual resolution of daily tasks that should be automatically completed.

Philip M.

• Customer Support Software

Great way to log activity into SalesForce

Reviewed on 2018-08-06

Overall, I'd highly recommend Cirrus Insight to any sales team that want to streamline their activity logging processes and to folks that want a "mini Salesforce" inside their gmail instance.

Pros

Cirrus Insight made it very easy for our reps to log their emails as activities in SalesForce. The read receipts and tracking also helped them follow up on emails that were never answered.

Cons

The integration with SalesForce often broke. I really wish it was more reliable.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for Sales People !

It has great features, I chose CirrusInsights over Salesforce SalesInbox

Pros

integration into Gmail and the attachment tracking

Cons

mobile experience needs some improvement.
Attach.io should be included within the Gmail integration

Kayla O.

Glitchy Gmail compatibility

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

Pros

The basic feature of logging emails into a Salesforce CRM is functional.

Cons

My team uses this software and at any given time, it’s not working for at least one of us.

Ever since they upgraded their app, it hasn’t worked hardly at all. I like the idea of Cirrus, but it’s a pain, with no native nudges to remind users, lots of overzealous email logging, and very little training and troubleshooting available.

Rosa G.

Better tools out there for our purposes

Reviewed on 2020-04-03

It helped with transparency and visibility into customer communications but the negatives really outweighed the positives

Pros

Syncing data to Salesforce was essential, updating fields directly from your inbox, seeing if a customer had opened and clicked through

Cons

It CONSTANTLY caused inbox and browser issues. It reached a point where most of our team had to disable it to get any work done.

John V.
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

Makes customer experiences more personable

Reviewed on 2018-09-11

Pros

Cirrus Insights gives my team a more human touch when we interact with customers. It allows us to see emails exchanged between customers and other departments within our company so we have a good starting place for the conversation. It also collects the subject matter of the email so we have an idea of their interests.

Cons

The only current drawback to this software is that you cannot send a whole email chain to salesforce, you have to log one email at a time.

Pete M.

Cirrus combined with SalesForce and Gmail

Reviewed on 2019-05-14

Customer service is very good. Prompt and responsive. Was expecting more out of the product

Pros

Appeared to be a nice addon to manage my inbox and integrate with SalesForce. However, it does lack

Cons

- No ability to change the "from" email address when sending out an email blast to prospects. We offer a few different services and have to be careful where emails are coming from.
- "Booking a meeting" from an email is tricky. If you have to change a date/time, my experience is that I have to delete everything and start over.
- I actually liked the Boomerang Chrome extension better

John G.

Great for sharing documents

Reviewed on 2019-05-14

Pros

I've tried other products for sharing sensitive documents and Cirrus' Attach.io service is by the far most advanced from what I can tell. Unlike other products that simply share the documents as images which makes it easy for knowledgeable viewers to copy/download, Attach.io's technology actually recreates the document into an HTML document which makes it a little more difficult for viewers to copy/download information.

Cons

The billing and licensing processes/tools seem to be more complicated than they should be. I've had several issues in the past where billing lapsed and I had to navigate their license manager numerous times, which didn't seem to work. I eventually had to work directly with Customer Support to figure it all out.

Christina

Cirrus = so helpful!

Reviewed on 2012-10-12

Cirrus is fantastic and has cut my time logging meeting, conversation, and task updates in half. The plug-in is easy to install and intuitive to understand. I love the easy Add to Salesforce button - and that you can tag emails to certain contacts within accounts, or to certain meetings/opportunities (sales goals). Sometimes if colleagues forward me email chains, and I don't know who 3rd parties are, their emails and accounts pop up in Cirrus for a quick frame of reference and links to additional background - awesome!

Only complaint is that the new Cirrus patch makes contacts popup in Cirrus every time you are composing a new mail and/or open a new mail. I don't love having to click the close icon every time, but I'm assuming they will fix this!

Cheers,
A Happy Cirrus User

Christian S.

Great When It Works

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

Pros

This is great for keeping a record of all emails sent. Which is important for my job.

Cons

I have always had a hard time with Cirrus not working. It often does not sync my emails to Salesforce like I need it to.

John M.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Cirrus Insight overpromises and under-delivers

Reviewed on 2019-05-22

Pros

It can sync emails to my CRM but it doesn't do it consistently

Cons

Very difficult to use.
Not intuitive.
Customer support is terrible.
No training upon initiation.
Cannot call anyone for help.
Updates are made to Cirrus without coordination with Salesforce which cost our team a ton of time to figure out.
Sent me a bill three months early without explanation.

Sujay D.

A must have for any sales professional who uses G-Suite + Salesforce

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

It's been amazing - optimized my communications significantly

Pros

Seamless integration of workflows between gmail and salesforce

Cons

The mail merge capability could be enhanced, however, it's based off of the salesforce tools. Further development there would be great.

Elaine chang

Spoiled by Cirrus

Reviewed on 2012-12-05

Using Cirrus has saved me enormous amounts of time for logging emails against my contacts, accounts, and opportunities. Its fairly user-friendly interface lets me log correspondence instantaneously so that I don't forget about logging emails. There are still some quirks, though: when I have multiple gmail accounts open, the app sometimes gets confused about which account to attach to. I don't always see the option to log an email - sometimes I need to close my email or log out of Cirrus and open it up again. Despite some of the bugs, the advantages are overwhelming!

Steve T.

Best on the Market

Reviewed on 2016-10-04

Great functionality, well supported. Sales and implementation teams are efficient and effective. Would highly recommend this app.

Will G.

I love Cirrus Insight so much, that I gladly put up with its issues

Reviewed on 2021-02-21

I love Cirrus Insight and feel like it is the best way to ensure tracking and data entry into Salesforce. Because it does this automatically, and is managed from within Gmail, it makes it super easy to review contacts/accounts/opps and track emails, phone calls and meetings.

This more than makes the investment worth it, but the email open/click tracking is also super useful, as is the ability to create follow-up tasks and set delayed send times.

The extension seems to be finicky, erroring out on campaigns or requiring sign-in far too often, but it is well worth the thousands of hours I have saved in the last 2+ years from not having to log activity in Salesforce Directly, as well as research clients back and forth from email to SFDC. Cirrus brings it all into Gmail and is a lifesaver. Our Sales and CS teams use it and it is critical to our business.

Pros

The reason I purchased Cirrus Insight was to allow me to easily track all my emails to Salesforce. Sending emails from Salesforce is a pain and it is not easy to add received emails to the platform.

With the Cirrus Insight extension, all my emails (or the ones I choose) are added to Salesforce. And the best part is, it happens within my Gmail Inbox. I do not have to go to Salesforce, but can review emails, opens, clicks, contacts, opportunities, accounts and more all from within Gmail.

Cons

I feel like the "campaign" function errors out a lot. Its useful, but when sending an email to a large list, I plan on having to send it more than once.

Additionally, I feel like I am often getting "disconnected" and have to reauthenticate. I don't know why this is...maybe its my orgs security, but it is annoying and not clear why its happening.

Will N.

Cirrus Thoughts

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

I like it and will continue to be a champion for this product to our team.

Pros

Cirrus makes my job a lot easier. Specifically involving recording things to SFDC.

Cons

Sometimes it logs me out and I have to re authorize.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Cirrus Insight

Cheaper.

Great Software, OK Support

Reviewed on 2019-05-03

Core product works great. Expect changes around features and growing pains — this is a you d company trying to do everything.

Pros

Really full features. Fantastic to be able to share templates, link emails to Salesforce, ‘send later’, provide one-click scheduling to prospects.

Cons

Customer Support was weak, especially for now-pulled Non-Salesforce product. Took the company 6 weeks to track down an login error caused by our users’ G Suite Email addresses involving capital letters!

Will F.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Powerful tool for syncing communications to Salesforce

Reviewed on 2019-05-03

Pros

Cirrus Insight is a very powerful tool. It quickly and easily links your email communications to Salesforce. It is also a faster way to access records and involves a lot less clicks than the Salesforce interface.

I also use and appreciate the scheduling tool and follow-up reminder alerts.

Cons

Cirrus Insight can be a little opaque. For instance, when you restart your browser, CI will fail to load in Gmail. There is nowhere to “turn it on;” you just have to refresh the tab and wait for it to appear. This is not a regular occurrence, but when it happens, it’s annoying.

Zach M.

No more manually recording emails

Reviewed on 2019-07-26

Better traceability for sales teams

Pros

I love the seamless integration with Salesforce, as a salesperson I never have to worry about double logging my activities and keeps all of my conversations consolidated in one spot. The tracking and open features are also very handy for my follow ups.

Cons

Being a chrome extension, Cirrus does seem to run into bugs frequently since it is dependent upon Google.