Asana

4.5 (12,400)
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(12,400)
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic task management software!

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle.

The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide.

There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy...

Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them.

One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best for managing customer feedback

Reviewed on 2021-03-22

We are very happy implementing Asana into our work system as it has help us greatly managing our work. Every team member has a very clear work description with this software especially when we are collaborating on project.

Pros

What i really like with Asana that i have use is managing customer feedback and filter it to forward it the respective department. It help us to track the ticket opened by customer, and track the ticket progress either is has been taken action and can be closed.

Cons

There are not many integration that can be linked with this software. I need a integration with Github and has making a request to the developer, but still has no respond for it. It will help so much for a Information Technology staff user like me to managing the Helpdesk between Asana with our current system.

Aliz
Aliz
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Good Startup Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019-09-30

It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Cons

I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Because Excel can work but it's easier to get human errors due to the tool manipulation, the Asana features allow you to have a better control over what's been planned, it sends you alerts and allow you to tag users, chat with them directly over a task or a file, attach files to a specific task or subtask, which you can''t easily do in Excel, and also user interface is much better in Asana.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Asana

For the price and the features, when I tried the free version I felt much more comfortable with this tool than the others.
Irene

Essential Tool for My Business Management

Reviewed on 2023-12-13

It's the only project management tool that I use for my internal team processes and it's essential to my digital agency.

Pros

I like eveyrthing about Asana, the interface is clean, user-friendly and intuitive. My learning curve was quick when ai started using it and I really enjoy the little animations I get when I mark tasks complete...

Cons

If I had to pick something, then maybe the fact that some of the features that I cannot access without a paid subscription, but the amount that I do get with the free plan is already incredible.

monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I wasn't crazy about Teamwork's new UI, it was less intuitive than its old design.

Teamwork.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It had the most user-friendly interface and design.
Jose Miguel
  • Industry: Information Services

Good things can also be free

Reviewed on 2023-11-07

Asana is one of the best alternatives that can currently be found in the project manager category when looking for a solution as a small or medium-sized business. It has everything you need, a large number of integrations, an excellent free tier, and paid plans that are within the reach of any small business. The user interface is simple and intuitive, so anyone, whether or not they have experience with this type of application, will feel comfortable navigating the options available to them.

Pros

Asana is a project management application that manages to delight its users with a free tier that shows all the features that any small business could need. Of course, after enjoying its simple and intuitive user interface and finding Asana an excellent tool for managing tasks and projects, both alone and in a team, the next step is the payment layer, where Asana also helps us, presenting low-cost options that do not suffocate small businesses.

Cons

One of the problems, not only with Asana but with almost all project managers, is that many of the main options are diluted among the sea of possibilities they offer. For users who are new to using this type of application, this can cause stress and end up making their work less efficient. Of course, this is not just an issue for Asana; it is for almost all applications in this category; they want to do everything because the projects are usually complex, and the user who use them are very diverse.

Jira, Basecamp, monday.com, ClickUp and Hive

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I didn't like the user interface, it felt old. Despite using it for several years, and also having a good free tier and low-cost payment options, I ended up looking for a more modern option.

Freedcamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The excellent free tier, the premium trial without card entry and the paid tier with affordable plans.
Azimkhan

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use with lots of features

Reviewed on 2023-11-07

I am a developer and I am assigned projects and tasks by my project manager regularly. Before Asana we were communicating through Outlook by sending and receiving emails which was not comfortable for project management. Now my life is easier, and I work from the assigned tasks and at the end of the day update the status.

Pros

Task management, Project management, and Team management are my favorite features. Setting due dates in a task and adding subtasks makes it very much user-friendly. Calendars and Files features per task make it much more advanced than other project management tools.

Cons

Asana desktop application sometimes crash and that's why I use browser-based Asana only

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Asana- an essential task and project manager

Reviewed on 2023-12-08

Usinge asana has been excellent. It has replaced all other task tracking and project management at our organization

Pros

The ability to work on multiple projects, assigned rules, our individualized task, assignment, progressive goal, tracking, various visual guides, such as timeline, itemized list, etc. and the support desk availability

Cons

The free version is good, but ultimately paying to unlock all features is a necessity.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to keep track of multiple projects with dozens of tasks

Reviewed on 2023-12-14

I really like how thorough and comprehensive this tool is. Specially about the integration via Zapier with other tools like calendar and email.

Pros

How easy it is to visualize projects progression and responsible. How comfortable it was to create templates and duplicate them everytime the new feature launch was due.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about it. It worked really well for what we needed at that time.

Absolutely Love Asana

Reviewed on 2023-11-09

Absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone. Only switched to Avaza because it's very similar to Asana but has quotes / invoicing. I tried a dozen different project management systems before Avaza and none of them were as good.

Pros

Simple to use and figure out. Isn't bloated with a bunch of other functions you'll never use. Has great integrations.

Cons

Doesn't have built in estimates or invoicing capability

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Easy to use and onboard. Other project management systems were complicated, not intuitive, and had excess bloat.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

One of the great tools for your Project

Reviewed on 2023-11-10

Pros

The UI definitely gives you a very organized feeling and the confidence to get work done.
I think the ease of use definitely puts it above notion or Click up.

Cons

I think some features can definitely be added to asana. I think the pricing can also be reduced a bit to make it the most attractive tool out there.

Hugo
Hugo

• Customer Support Software

Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade

Reviewed on 2020-05-05

I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros

The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons

Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The Todos were not that good at that time, now it has changed. Also I thought it was expensive and Asana was free. Also I did not like the design, it is pretty at first but then it become difficult to have a bigger view on everything (the last version is better now, I know).

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It was free, was always in evolution, offered simplicity. I have used the paid version also the features are greats!

Response from Asana

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

Vanessa

• Customer Support Software

Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving

Reviewed on 2020-10-17

I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also
I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects.
I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it).
The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros

I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one).
Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects.
Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects.
It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open.
Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need.
Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons

There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations.
It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it.
I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well.
I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date.
The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update.
Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported.
I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

Britt
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Do you like lists? WOULD YOU LIKE MORE LISTS?

Reviewed on 2021-01-27

We tracks projects/Deals over 5 teams with lots of timescales and deliverables. We are trying to cut down on tools because we are spread across too many of them. In the beginning, there was order and decorum, right now, it's hard to find things, and silo'ed departments are doing better than cross-functionals.

Pros

We spent about 4 months talking about the move from Trello to Asana, and about 2 months implementing it. Asana has a great project tracking abilities, and for us, the ability to put the same projects in different portfolios (think folders) was key as many different departments need vision into the same projects, but don't want to organize/think like a different department. I like the integration with slack.

Cons

Right now we are in list overload. I literally have over 200 tasks overdue in Asana right now, and it can stress you out so much, you just want to avoid the whole thing all together. Also, if you company likes to iterate a lot, it can be hard to find what you're looking for, because rules keep changing. Right now it's a mess, and I'm sure that has more to do with us than Asana. We're 80 people, we're on the way to be 200, and I'm worried about how much crazier it will get. Also, I don't like that everyone has full view into all my tasks. Somethings would be nice to be private.

Trello and Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

No reporting, no historicals.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

cradle to grave project management and recall. And Product team was already using it.
Michael
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Asana is my ABSOLUTE GO TO for task and project management

Reviewed on 2021-04-08

I switched from Trello to Asana and I truly enjoy using Asana almost because I feel there is a gamification feeling in getting my daily wins accomplished. I literally look at Asana at least 5 times per day and almost always before I end my day to see what my plan of action will be for tomorrow.

Pros

The fact that I can manage my daily tasks seamlessly both on my desktop computer and on my iPhone mobile application.

Cons

Sometimes the copy and paste function doesn't work as I would like it to to take a similar task, copy it and then modify it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Asana

To be honest, Trello was having a server issue one day and I was locked out from seeing my tasks and I felt lost that day. I immediately switched to Asana which I had also used in the past but it wasn't yet my main daily task manager.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I really like the layout of the tasks management section both on the web browser and the Mobile application. Mainly I like the tasks being organized in a vertical fashion in Asana as opposed to the card fashion in Trello which I didn't like as much.
Emily
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

Reviewed on 2021-06-03

I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I really like the UX of Asana over other project management tools
Mike
Mike

Asana: The Best Way to Stay Organized

Reviewed on 2022-07-27

I really like the features that Asana offers. I especially appreciate the ability to create tasks and subtasks, as well as the option to add attachments to tasks. This makes it easy to keep track of everything that needs to be done for a project. Additionally, I love being able to assign tasks to specific people and set due dates.

Pros

I love how Asana is always up to date with the latest features and updates. It makes it easy to keep track of all my tasks and projects in one place. Plus, the support is amazing! They are always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have.

Cons

I don't like that Asana doesn't have an undo button. Sometimes I make a mistake and need to undo it, but I can't. I have to start all over again. Or it's hidding in a not so logical place....

Trello, Microsoft Teams and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is the best way to manage projects and tasks. We chose Asana because it’s the simplest way to get organized and stay on top of your work. With Asana, you can create tasks, track progress, and collaborate with your team in one place. You’ll be able to get your work done faster and with less stress. Try Asana today! You wont regret it!

• Customer Support Software

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

Reviewed on 2019-10-22

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Robert
Robert

• Customer Support Software

Leading project management software for good reason

Reviewed on 2020-11-03

We went from a major competitor, one with a lot of card-based tracking, that was not as effective with prioritizing tasks. Asana has been much more effective in connecting operators and managers with their day-to-day tabulation of work and awareness of deadlines.

Pros

The ability to bring in all members of a team and see the workflow from conception to completion is why Asana is the best for project management software. Integration of tasks, files and prioritized milestones are all top of the line here.

Cons

The financial side of things are better managed with third-party software, as the interface can be less than intuitive at times, but the good news is that the Asana customer support team is excellent if you have questions about integrating bookkeeping software.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana has more features, is better suited to mobile device support and is much better for scaling up from one or two users to dozens or even hundreds of users.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Price point and mobile device support was in Asana's favor.
Adam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Tool for Progress Tracking and Group Collaboration

Reviewed on 2018-08-31

We have been able to streamline group organization and collaboration into a single source. Asana has helped to keep current lists of project related tasks, and ensure team members are aware of, and completing tasks by the given completion target dates. Asana has also helped to reduce email clutter caused from frequent 'back and forth' emails for small comments between team members by providing a single location to comment on, and update statuses of tasks. Overall, Asana has been a great tool that has provided a significant positive change in the way we communicate and track project statuses in our team.

Pros

The excellent user interface provides for a clean and organized way to add tasks to your list, edit tasks, and cross tasks off when completed. As I primarily use this software for business purposes for collaboration with team members within my office, it is a one-stop-shop that has eliminated paper checklists, sticky notes, and "to-do" lists, by combining all of these in a slick web interface. The ease of use results in frequent task updates which can be viewed and commented on by the entire team, ensuring tasks are not missed or forgotten. As I am often working on many projects simultaneously throughout the week, the convenience of adding new projects and tasks to individual projects is extremely helpful to stay organized, view all of the pending tasks, and schedule time accordingly based on completion dates you have inputted for each task. Another great feature is linking emails to certain projects in Asana; a quick copy of the URL for the project in the platform, and you can easily send emails and attachments directly into Asana for effortless filing. As a free software, Asana is an excellent tool to use for group collaboration, or for personal use to make sure you are effectively managing checklist, tasks and projects.

Cons

The major downside to Asana used in a working environment is that tasks can't be assigned priorities, which can result in frequent check-ins on the list to ensure you are prioritizing tasks properly. A color-coded priority method would be extremely helpful in elevating high priority tasks above the rest. As Asana is a cloud-based software, latency can sometimes be an issue resulting in a delay in typing and moving between projects and tasks, though this is only a minor convenience.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for task management and team collaboration.

Reviewed on 2019-03-09

Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pros

Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand.

The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI.

It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers.

You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Cons

As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice.

The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

Carlos
Carlos

Asana project management software

Reviewed on 2019-09-06

More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pros

Pro:
It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time
. As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change
. It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use
. It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Cons

Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for)
It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve
. Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen,
You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it
. It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana
. As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable.
It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

• Customer Support Software

Asana makes task management a whiz!

Reviewed on 2017-04-17

Our team has been using Asana for over 6 months now and it has made our task management and workflow so streamlined! My favorite features of Asana are:
- Integrations. I use TMetric for time-clocking and the seamless integration with Asana is so handy.
- Inbox feature. You can stay up to date with any mentions or questions other team members might have for you by checking your inbox. It also reminds you of upcoming tasks and alerts you when new tasks are created in projects you follow. So helpful for staying in the loop!
- Well-designed. The flow of comments on Tasks and the way their is a Conversation and Calendar section as well as Task List is so beautiful. Oh and Files too! There is more to list here than I have space for!
- Fun. Tab+B makes my day. The occasional "celebrations" make checking off tasks a joy!
- Multiple teams. This is super handy for when you need projects that aren't involving everybody on the Team. And yet tasks from all projects show up together in your "My Tasks" view!
- Use of tags, mark-as-waiting-on, custom fields and more features in the paid version that we couldn't live without! But the free version is amazing as well.

In short, Asana is the best task management software for teams I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone to increase productivity.

Pros

Cons

There is not a lot that I don't like about Asana. They are always rolling out new features. There are some small nitpicky things, like no ability to add your own sorters in "My Task" view, but those are way overshadowed by the positives.

Lindsey
Lindsey
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

My go-to productivity app for EVERYTHING

Reviewed on 2021-06-21

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

Pros

Asana is my favorite tool for productivity, organization, and task management. All my to-do lists (business, personal, and everything in between) are in Asana. I love the ease of use, customizability, and overall UX of the app. The desktop version is a breeze. The mobile app is just as enjoyable.

One of the best things is the drag & drop feature that allows you to upload documents, photos, and web links directly into the task. Subtasks are great so you can get a step-by-step list of directions toward each task. It's also great for goal-setting and project planning.

I literally can't function without this app! The free version works incredibly, but the paid version is absolutely worth it, especially if you want more custom features (like custom columns, a bigger team, etc). Highly recommend it to all my biz and creative friends.

Cons

I wish there was a way to delete people from teams and projects easier. I have temporary clients and it's a pain in the butt to create new projects in order to delete them permanently from my workspace in the app.

Grace
Grace

• Customer Support Software

It offers an excellent service to manage all your projects.

Reviewed on 2021-12-06

I have been using Asana for the last three years and it works perfect for what it was designed for; task and project management with collaborative tools and integrations, based on a simple system but able to unite teams and increase productivity. It is affordable and everyone can start using Asana, and for enterprise scale performance there are good plans or licenses.

Pros

Compared to other software/platforms, Asana has stood out for the following features:
+It has integrations with important applications, such as Tableau, Salesforce, Google Calendar, Office 365, among others.
+It has a highly interactive dashboard interface, you can leave comments, attach files you have on your computer or from Dropbox, G Drive or whatever your storage tool is.
+Customer support is more responsive and friendly.
+It is more efficient as it is perfect for working with large teams, has fewer limitations and is more professional.
+More flexible customization.
+Can track multiple projects with multiple timelines.

It has several functions to manage a project, also to communicate internally in a team and to follow up on tasks. We can plan campaigns in advance and it is easier to know who is responsible for each element. *I like the dashboards because it helps me to visualize the work progressing in stages.
Everyone has deadlines and due dates in their responsibilities, it's a more organized work, with reminders and so on.
I can change views and visualize my tasks differently. *Assigning tasks is easy and you can put sub-tasks.
Integrations with other applications improve the process of activities and expand the possibilities.

Cons

I think the only thing I have to mention here is that the search filter is not as robust a feature as the other tools, so I would like it to be optimized, with more options and customization.

Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Efficient Task Management: A Review of Asana

Reviewed on 2023-03-26

Many users of the platform, both individuals and teams, express satisfaction with it overall. Customers value the intuitive design, user-friendly interface, and customised processes because they help them stay organised and handle duties well. The ability to assign tasks and comment on projects, as well as other collaborative capabilities, are highly regarded. Asana has been praised by users for helping them stay on top of deadlines, monitor project progress, and communicate with teammates. The majority of users have a favourable opinion of Asana, despite a few users reporting minor technical flaws such a lack of customization choices for reports or sporadic glitches.

Pros

Asana's features include a user-friendly interface, adaptable workflows, teamwork tools, and tool integration. People laud Asana's ability to keep them organised, prioritise activities, and monitor project progress. The mobile app for Asana is also praised by many users for being convenient and simple to use. In general, Asana is a well-liked option for people and teams searching for a flexible and successful task management application.

Cons

Asana's drawbacks include its few options for report customization and absence of a timer or time-tracking function. In addition, some customers think Asana's pricing is a bit high, especially for bigger teams or businesses. Others have spoken about the software occasionally having faults or difficulties. It's important to keep in mind that these problems may differ based on user preferences and use scenarios and are not always encountered. Despite a few small flaws, Asana is still a well-liked and respected task management programme among its users.