Caspio

Build online database applications without coding.

4.6 /5 (132 reviews) Write a Review!

Daniel F.

High Feature Low-Code SAS

Reviewed on 2020-06-11

After trialing a large number of low-code software, this option was a clear winner due to the customizability of apps and compatibility with wordpress.

Pros

Fully featured software. Rock-solid infrastructure. There is few things that we have found can't be done with capsio. Any additional features can be custom developed. Unlimited users, unlimited tables. Dataviews can be purchased cheaply. Specialists also provide very helpful 24/7 live chat support.

Cons

Storing 10,000+ of photos inside the apps can become a bit expensive.

• Industry: Insurance Software

Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions

Reviewed on 2020-07-27

Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service.

If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.

Pros

Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period.

We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly.

Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes.

Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.

Cons

While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.

Liz K.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Dynamic software for managers wanting to create apps quickly without IT consultants

Reviewed on 2020-07-24

My overall experience with Caspio has been excellent! In the past, I have used Caspio to build an integrated set of applications for a Statewide startup program. Specifically, I created publicly available online submission forms and internal use applications including: portals for the paperless reviewing and scoring of submitted applications (for both videos and text/ file upload submissions), online participant registration forms, post program report collection tools and alumni tracking apps. The success of each of these applications was evidenced in their long term use, whereby we received and reviewed ~800 applications over 4 years. Currently, I am using Caspio to create stand alone applications for a different program. These include a sort-able and editable database of research facilities for public reference, a metrics report collection tool for grant participants, and a contacts database for internal use and tracking.

Pros

The organizational aspects (tables, views, datapages, authentications) and flow of the steps within each of these features are intuitive and easy to follow. This framework of a few 'tools' with many guided steps and options in each tool make it less intimidating for a novice to create an application independently that suits their specific program needs.

However, what I like just as much about Caspio is their amazing customer service. I can't say enough about their timely and courteous responses all the way from their Sales and On-Boarding Executives to their Account Managers and Session Experts (whom I highly recommend working with for insights and help with more complicated builds or specialized features).

Cons

Although Caspio is constantly improving their product and educational material demonstrating how to use it, there are always more features that can be added to allow users to control the look and feel of an application or to allow for example more filtering options across tables. However, there is a balancing act between creating user friendly features and highly customized ones without needing to write additional code to achieve the aim.

Richard D.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Caspio - The Best Database Platform On the Market

Reviewed on 2020-05-13

Thanks to Caspio, our project developed into Security Patrol Track Inc., a first class Security Guard Management system for the use by security company managers to track and document the activities of their security officers.

Although I had 35 years of financial experience in the security industry, when we first began our project, I had no experience with database systems whatsoever. I tried several platforms but couldn't even understand the terminology and never was able to actually create even one table. I then found Caspio and within an hour, was able to build a table, a submission form to enter records into the table and a report to pull the records out. It is truly a "No Code" platform!

Our original app has now grown to 250 datapages and we have over 18,000 users.

Pros

It is truly a "No Code" platform!

Our application, however, would never have been so successful (due to my lack of knowledge) without the support of the Caspio Customer Service and Professional Development staffs. They are all truly invested in the success of their customers.

Cons

Although it may seem to be sort of a contrived response, I really cannot think of a criticism of the Caspio system. The typical criticism of a technology company would be their inadequate customer service. However, as discussed above, their support personnel are almost always available, always knowledge and will always go out of their way to find a solution.

Greg C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

The Best Cloud Database Application in the Market!

Reviewed on 2020-07-31

I have been an extremely satisfied Caspio customer for over 12+ years. I have built hundreds of apps using their cloud database platform and they have allowed my company to quickly and effortlessly deploy applications in a timely fashion. In my opinion, there is no better cloud database product in the marketplace. Caspio is simply the best!

Pros

- Ease of Deployment
- Low Code Environment
- No Hardware to Maintain
- Zapier Integration
- The product continues to evolve.

Cons

- Looking forward to more advanced Zapier integrations such as the ability to search for a record in the database.
- Scheduled reports via email would be a welcome enhancement

• Customer Support Software

Definitely not "no-code", but still low-code and very powerful

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

I felt very empowered with Caspio, but kept running into walls. I don't know Javascript or HTML so anything code-related that wasn't laid out exactly within a tutorial was frustrating to tackle. I also struggled to build out a front-end that looked good and tied to the datapages I was building, and the templates Caspio provided me still required that I knew web development to get running, and I did not know how to customize them. I did appreciate that pages could be easily embedded within Wordpress or other website builders.

If I knew how to code, I would definitely use Caspio though. It gets thing up and running sooo fast. Using as a base for the backend is a great idea as it is 100% customizable. In that case I would totally recommend.

Pros

It is 100% customizable, and there are tutorials for just about everything. The community forums are also active, with Caspio support actively participating. Professional Services seemed very capable and able to do just about anything for you if you needed it.

Cons

For just about everything I wanted to do there was some need for a "custom" solution, and I was heavily dependent on my account manager who was always ready to refer me to Professional Services for even simple integrations.

Response from Caspio

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While many complex applications can be fully developed using Caspio's point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools, the ability to extend the platform via industry standard languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS and SQL opens up additional capabilities to innovate and build something truly unique. Thank you again for your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it on to our team internally.

Tzofit G.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Amazing Service from Caspio!

Reviewed on 2019-11-20

We have made so much internal data available to our employees that they can search on their own to get the answers they need. The best part is not having to rely on our IT department to implement these projects. From start to finish, our department can do it on our own and customize it the way we want. We are about to launch an internal Records Management System -- if we would have bought something out of the box and used IT to implement, it would have cost us in the six figures. With the help of Czar Zurich Placente, we have been able to build this system in a few months with ease. Czar has been so unbelievably responsive and professional throughout the entire process. His knowledge of every aspect of Caspio has been amazing. I absolutely love working with him and already thinking about other ways we can use Caspio to leverage our other internal projects -- with Czar's help!

Pros

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. We have several databases running off of Caspio, and I could not have done it without Caspio.

Cons

Nothing! Sometimes there are some features that require custom coding, so that can become frustrating, but for a minimal price, you can get help with Expert Hours.

Theodore B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Caspio for Logistics

Reviewed on 2020-05-16

I have found that the team at Caspio and the application builder itself are rock solid. Extremely reliable, willing to help with the very small issues that have come up. I could not ask to work with a better organization.

Pros

It is so quick and easy to build data entry forms, surveys and reporting. Many of the applications I use take less than an hour to build from completion of planning to putting in use by our team at the warehouse.

Cons

There are little things that you need some programming help with, like column justification in reports or adding colors, but they are minor and the support is out there to help the "non-programmer" get the job done.

Jackson Y.

Caspio: A Superb Database Solution

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

A recent update (v19) impacted all the database applications created in Caspio. However, after using the ticketing system (1st in 2 years of licensing), they responded with fixes immediately within 1 business day. Impressive customer service on that front but not so much with testing of updates/patches.

Pros

Caspio is very flexible allowing users to easily create many types of databases (submission forms, search engines, web pages, CRMs, Analytics etc).

Cons

There is no easy backup solution. Caspio allows for 1 complimentary restore but will charge for additional. If they allowed the user to self backup and restore, this would be a bonus.

Max B.

Great Company, Product and Employees

Reviewed on 2020-05-09

My skill sets were a bit rusty but Caspio has enabled me to compete with the big boys. Overall I think they are great.

Pros

There are so many features it is hard to choose the most outstanding. Yes for me it is the best company I have ever dealt with in my 30+ year career. The only thing better than their product is the diverse body of knowledgeable, professional and welcoming employees. They are always anxious to help in completing my projects no matter what. Their very dedicated and patient support team is absolutely second to none. Great Job Caspio!

Cons

The only con is perhaps selfish on my part but it would be great for them to include PDF print in legacy accounts. There is truly nothing to complain about in regards to Caspio.

Col B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

A small business's view of Caspio

Reviewed on 2019-11-10

We operate tour business offering custom built tours. We looked at many packages but they restricted us in managing and delivering the style and customer service levels we are known for.

Pros

We have a custom built system built on Caspio. It works very well. As a small growing business we have been able to make changes and grow our system as things arround and our needs change. The support has been outstanding.

Cons

The platform is inconsistent in implementation which slows the learning curve and frustrates development. Professional presentation of results is often difficult to impossible without scripts (and i cant write script)

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Saved our team!

Reviewed on 2018-12-07

Great solution for a company that is using a "guided selling" process or needs a filter-like database to help their team serve customers. I'm sure there's other applications, but we've loved it for this.

Pros

We were using a small online database app for our scheduling team to have a searchable directory of 100+ clinicians by speciality. That website suddenly shut down and we had to scramble to rebuild. Caspio, found during a late night search, not only saved our team but added huge improvements over the previous software. Love it.

Cons

If you haven't built databases before, it might be hard the first time. Plenty of years of toying with stuff like this though and I had it up and running in a few hours.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Great StartUp Tool!

Reviewed on 2020-10-28

The overall experience was good. Allison Seaver was a joy to work with. Getting Development support through CASPIO was a significant road block, but the platform was an excellent use case for our company as a start up due to its simplicity and price point.

Pros

The ease of use and economics are perfect for a Start Up operation

Cons

Lack of flexibility and challenges with that as our company has grown

David T.

Caspio Implementation Review

Reviewed on 2019-01-08

We have produced several excellent, complicated applications with Caspio, using a 2-person team.

Pros

Many easy to use features, simple "point and click" setup, excellent training, online explanation videos, and live technical chat

Cons

Very many features - so best to have a brief consult with Caspio to get started in the best direction

Hadley P.

Simply awsome

Reviewed on 2012-06-18

I have had the pleasure of using the Caspio database development application for several years, creating many different programs. Caspio's simple step-through wizard quickly creates forms, reports and editable data screens in just minutes. From basic registration forms to sophisticated shared-data online cloud database processes, Caspio handles them all with ease.

I first became familiar with Caspio in 1999/2000, when Caspio released their beta version. I quickly built a time-billing system for our in-field technicians which improved our company's billing-cycle by getting client invoices out faster and shortening the turn-around time for receiving payment.

Since then I have designed, built and deployed well over 100 databases for non-profit organizations, government agencies and private companies.

Using the Caspio application has saved thousands of dollars in setup, programming and hosting costs. One project save over $100,000.

Pros

The development and deployment process is quick and easy. Forms and database screens are a breeze to embed into existing websites and social media sites. But it doesn't stop there. I have also created smartphone applications and stand-alone programs.

Cons

Frankly, it's difficult for me to find anything about Caspio that I don't like. The product is secure, priced right and full of very cool features which I've often relied upon. It would only be better if Caspio actually clicked my mouse for me!

Manto A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

As a company specialized in people management, Caspio is our tool!

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

Pros

In addition to handling the selection processes, we have worked on an Employee Portal for our clients, which allows functions such as the registration of working hours and PDFs mass downloading from the same application. We are very pleased.

Cons

Sometimes we would like Caspio to be quicker with the implementation of ideas that we give to the Staff.

Juan G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Long Time user

Reviewed on 2020-08-07

Pros

Lot's of features, value, potential, customer support is great.

Cons

development features are spread across different areas, makes it difficult to understand and adds development time

Harmandeep S.

Review for Caspio!

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Pros

The product has a lot of good features and functionalities. It is pretty easy to generate reports and it could be done by anyone on the team as it has almost no learning curve.

Cons

Just a bit difficult when you're accessing the application for the first time as it has so many things. Couldn't setup schedule task so we require some other tools to set it up.

• Industry: Market Research Software
  • Used Other for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

not very intuitive for non coders

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

I tried to build a portal where paid users could subscribe to receive information. However, I abandoned the project after not making enough progress on the free version.

Pros

The concept is great. Caspio should enable you to create custom software without having to need to code.

Cons

For a no-code environment it's actually not very user friendly. To build something meaningful you would need expert assistance and you would need to purchase a plan before you can reach that stage.

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you didn't get a chance to complete your project. Caspio offers many training resources to help you get started. You can browse our popular YouTube channel, attend our live web-based training sessions, or check out our online help center. One video that might be of interest when dealing with user registration and retrieving authenticated data is our video on how to build a membership directory. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback and we look forward to assisting you if additional needs arise.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/caspioinc

Live Web-Based Training:

Online Help Center:

Membership Directory:

Vivian O.

CASPIO

Reviewed on 2020-09-28

Pros

Easy to use, simple to create and maintain surveys and databases

Cons

Price - difficult for smaller organizations to afford

Kevin M.

Caspio a great value

Reviewed on 2020-10-27

We have been very satisfied with all of our dealings with the folks at Caspio.

Pros

Caspio was great to use. It took us very little time to learn it and we were able to build a secure database that provides great information to our students.

Cons

The ability to upload documents securely would be a nice feature.

Marwan S.

perfect easy app

Reviewed on 2020-08-10

iam very happy and satisfied with this product

Pros

creating free search engine is something great

Cons

the easy of use i really love this website

Ben T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Database Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2020-07-20

We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Pros

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Cons

I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

Antonio S.

• Customer Support Software

Testing Caspio on a client project

Reviewed on 2020-12-15

Unfortunately we are tied up in the app we created, but we are looking for moving away asap.

Pros

We started using Caspio a bit in hurry, developing a solution for a client over an already established budget. What we really do not like about Caspio is the lack of documentation that made our developer spending hours to understand its logic. On top of that several bugs that they didn't recognise took us in waste lot of time.

Cons

But ok, bugs is for everyone, what really is unacceptable is the total lack of support and collaboration. Not only they ask 250$ per hour to give you support, but every small thing that goes out of the plan they charge you inevitably. if you ask for some small difference they ask you to subscribe the next plan at 3 times the price. Then if you ask to negotiate they are not available. Once you are tied up with them they not only deliver less value, but they are rigid and unavailable to collaborate.

Broc M.
  • Industry: Printing

• Customer Support Software

Learning curve, but a great and powerful software.

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

Caspio is an ongoing experience for my team so far. We have been happy with the massive potential that it can bring to our business as we strive to automate our processes and convert our operations to a mostly digital model.

Pros

Caspio is like a decked out tool-belt. A huge pro is the variety of features and abilities that the software gives the developer. Similarly, the customer support and library of helpful resources is not lacking whatsoever.

Cons

I was under the impression that Caspio is a "no-code" software solution, however I must have misunderstood because I have learned that it is most likely a "low-code" solution for a vast majority of use cases. Basic functions are certainly no-code, but most companies are not using Caspio for the basic functions, I imagine. Because of this, there has been a semi-steep learning curve for me personally. I would consider myself technologically adept, but I do not have even a ground level knowledge base of Java script or html language.