Caspio

Build online database applications without coding.

4.3/5
Customer Support Software

Siddharth

Excellent for every business

Reviewed on 6/9/2020

Pros

It offers everything that business need to manage users and it's very cost efficient.
It indeed help us a lot to manage the users which would take a lot of time previously for coding and all but now its all Caspio.
there are lot of tutorials available with lot of troubleshooting page and customer care is the best part over here they are very friendly and responsive.

Cons

Its best as it is i would recommend it to everyone

• Industry: Insurance Software

Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions

Reviewed on 7/27/2020

Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service.

If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.

Pros

Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period.

We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly.

Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes.

Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.

Cons

While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.

Craig

• Customer Support Software

Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

Pros

- Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups

- If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad

- Easy to embed and publish applications

- Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing.

- Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps

Cons

- Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher.

- "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience.

- Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage.

- If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.

Quinn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Grows with you

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

I would say that one of the best things about working with Caspio is the drag and drop builder as well as their support staff.

Pros

Our company was looking for software that would enable us to launch clean, professional looking website features quickly. Caspio offers a fairly simple used interface that allow rapid development of new ideas and their features are well rounded. They have some of the best support staff around.

Cons

Some of the features we need are only offered on costly plans.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We needed a quick build system with a lower price tag.

Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We actually tag team our products between Caspio and Ragic. Caspio offers the fancy and professional features we need while Ragic offers the "Excel Like" structure of rapid development.
Elena
  • Industry: Human Resources

So Impressed

Reviewed on 1/6/2020

oh the customer service both on chat, email, and phone, is a cut above the rest. I don't know how Caspio manages to always be there for me... so impressive. Way better than the big guys.

Pros

This cloud based Database management solution is really helpful for non-coders like me. So many features that really made my consulting business excel in the competitive industry like mine.

Cons

There should be a multiple check box feature, where the choices can be pulled from other fields. Also, the rules for conditions are very limited. For example, if you want to disable other check boxes when one check box is selected - you will never be able to do another conditional rule for that check box that you have said should be disabled. I mean, there should be an ability to apply multiple conditional rules on a field.

Mark

Caspio - Partners for The Long Term

Reviewed on 5/21/2020

I've now been using Caspio for over 12years and have to say that, as a company, they've matured over that time. Customer support is definitely above average.

Pros

Speed of project development from idea to deployment is, for me, the number one attraction as a Caspio developer.

You can try things out for real very quickly and ask clients for their thoughts/opinions as you go along. Caspio's low-code platform makes it possible for someone to provide robust, mission critical data-driven systems without having a background in coding.

Cons

I have very few issues with using Caspio and any that I have are either minor - or get resolved quickly.

Ben
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Database Software on the Market

Reviewed on 7/20/2020

We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Pros

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Cons

I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

Airtable and Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We just fell in love with the ease of use and the overall value provided by Caspio

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Just liked the overall value and ease of use. We are very VERY happy with Caspio!
Nepal
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Digital Transformation out of the box!

Reviewed on 5/15/2020

It's great. We manage millions of records and have started to revert from an in-house data warehouse to Caspio as it provides no code administration, and a secure layer a data protection we don't have to strategize around.

Pros

Drag and Drop table relations gives you deep data mining capabilities, and the datapage wizard allows easier setup of a search interface but allows complex customization in later stages. #1 win for us is the secure surrounding caspio offers our data.

Cons

limited ability to build on an iPad. That would be very useful for on the go adjustments and configurations.

Zoho Creator

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Flexibility, No-Code Administration, Same day deployment and secure worryfree infrastructure.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Application resilience and data handling capabilities.
Julie
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

Create custom applications with ease

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Wonderful! I was contacted by technical team and they offer to help you build your custom app. I prefer to be more hands on and enjoyed going through the various tutorial videos to learn how to use it and get more ideas for our custom application. I have some experience with databases and love that it had similarities to design features & concepts similar to Access and using SQL statements. Its amazing how much of your app you can configure with just a data page. At first I was really impressed with price per data page but as I learn in different video tutorials, a real robust application will take you to the mid/highest price tier.

Pros

Love the video tutorials and there are so many great and powerful features in the design side

Cons

Not sure about integrating with other systems yet (accounting) and using on mobile devices

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Kintone has some different features but overall seems very similar. Caspio seems more straight forward to learn and utilize and has a good flow to design. Quick base is quite expensive.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Great out of the box, with options for advanced applications

Reviewed on 5/28/2020

We are converting a manual workflow for a team (with variations depending on individuals) into a stream-lined online application, with consistent data, access control and automatic email alerts for all parties involved. This will allow the team to spend more time on other issues.

Pros

One can create an on-line survey within a few days. Online support (via chat, email or phone) always tries to find a solution for you, and is also honest in stating when your ideas cannot be achieved. There is also a great user forum.

Cons

For a more complex workflow and for refinements in display of data, one has to learn/know about SQL and Javascript

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

In the free trail period, I could create a complex on-line survey, with reporting pages, and I experienced their client-focused support services
Trenton
  • Industry: Machinery

Customized Data Reports

Reviewed on 5/26/2020

We were able to work with the project management team to build a productivity, waste, and uptime reporting tool that streamlined our process and cut many labor hours out of each week.

Pros

The software is web based, so you can reach it anywhere.

Cons

If internet is down, the software is not usable.

• Customer Support Software

Definitely not "no-code", but still low-code and very powerful

Reviewed on 10/31/2019

I felt very empowered with Caspio, but kept running into walls. I don't know Javascript or HTML so anything code-related that wasn't laid out exactly within a tutorial was frustrating to tackle. I also struggled to build out a front-end that looked good and tied to the datapages I was building, and the templates Caspio provided me still required that I knew web development to get running, and I did not know how to customize them. I did appreciate that pages could be easily embedded within Wordpress or other website builders.

If I knew how to code, I would definitely use Caspio though. It gets thing up and running sooo fast. Using as a base for the backend is a great idea as it is 100% customizable. In that case I would totally recommend.

Pros

It is 100% customizable, and there are tutorials for just about everything. The community forums are also active, with Caspio support actively participating. Professional Services seemed very capable and able to do just about anything for you if you needed it.

Cons

For just about everything I wanted to do there was some need for a "custom" solution, and I was heavily dependent on my account manager who was always ready to refer me to Professional Services for even simple integrations.

Quickbase and kintone

Response from Caspio

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While many complex applications can be fully developed using Caspio's point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools, the ability to extend the platform via industry standard languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS and SQL opens up additional capabilities to innovate and build something truly unique. Thank you again for your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it on to our team internally.

John
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Great alternative to traditional applications

Reviewed on 10/14/2020

I was able to take 22 tables from a legacy, standalone application, export them from MSSQL into Excel and import them to Caspio. After some of that learning curve, and some instructionals from Caspio, I finally worked out and connected all the tables so they could be queried for reporting. Building the datapages after that, I could do simple things on my own but it became clear to me that I would need their professional services to build my application (in 4-7 weeks compared to 8 months if I were trying it on my own). If I knew the interface better, I might not need their services but time is a factor in my decision.

Pros

The low-code approach frees you from having to learn any programming language and rely upon it. It is flexible enough to allow you to build literally any kind of application you want from simple to complex, which is powerful and liberating. No more dealing with filthy vendors!!! Their support, even on the free tier, is outstanding. There is also a TON of information and instructionals available on the web. They seem to want you to be successful, and go the extra mile to help you be successful.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, BUT the peak is not high and it won't be long before you are comfortable and moving along building things at a good clip. I'm also not fond of a cloud-only solution as it is our data and we should be able to replicate/backup the data to local servers directly. It looks like this is possible with the API, however that's only available in the most expensive tier. You really have to have a good understanding of your business process and the SDLC to avoid making time-consuming mistakes.

Douglas

• Customer Support Software

Caspio Delivers: If You Build It, Data Will Come!

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

Subscribing to Caspio is a bit like buying a german shepherd puppy. You have all this power and potential inside of that raw, untamed (and somewhat playful) animal. From day 0 until the finished product (fairly finished, that is), we probably had something like 21 full days of "imagining," designing, learning, training (training ourselves -- and training Caspio what we wanted it to do) and deploying. Project done.

Pros

The wizard-like interface helped reduce the investment we might otherwise have had to invest in learning a command-line interface. What's more, at first glance, a person might miss the fact that the hosting engine of the product is built into the product itself.

Cons

At least in our experience, it appeared that Caspio had given little thought to how a credentialed user would navigate from one "datapage" to the next in a finished application. Although there were a couple of rudimentary examples of this, they weren't professionally-linked to the otherwise-great engine that Caspio offered. As a result, we had to improvise our own interface from the ground up.

Response from Caspio

Hi Douglas! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We'll make sure to pass your feedback as a valid suggestion to the concerned team to make positive changes.

Greg
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

The Best Cloud Database Application in the Market!

Reviewed on 7/31/2020

I have been an extremely satisfied Caspio customer for over 12+ years. I have built hundreds of apps using their cloud database platform and they have allowed my company to quickly and effortlessly deploy applications in a timely fashion. In my opinion, there is no better cloud database product in the marketplace. Caspio is simply the best!

Pros

- Ease of Deployment
- Low Code Environment
- No Hardware to Maintain
- Zapier Integration
- The product continues to evolve.

Cons

- Looking forward to more advanced Zapier integrations such as the ability to search for a record in the database.
- Scheduled reports via email would be a welcome enhancement

Microsoft SQL Server and Alpha Anywhere

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

It became apparent that Microsoft Access with SQL server was too difficult to rapidly deploy online and within a cloud hosting environment. Caspio removed many of these barriers.
tim
  • Industry: Automotive

Caspio for the Win!

Reviewed on 8/21/2020

It's a great company with some exceptional people.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use, but you must make a commitment to learn it. The great news is that if you aren't a programmer they have a great Managed Application Services Team that will do the work for you. The software has enabled our company to rapidly create solutions and integrate data that was previously stored in various spreadsheets and databases. We are connecting data that we never thought possible. Thanks Caspio!

Cons

Nothing. We have enjoyed the platform and the support has been great.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

The experience with the people.
Jennifer

Incredible value - We came to try it out, and now it's been 6 years

Reviewed on 5/14/2020

We thought we would build a proof-of-concept on Caspio but ended up building a platform that has served us (and thousands of nonprofits through us) for 6 years.

I could not recommend more highly for start ups, nonprofits and others starting on a shoestring and that want to prove a concept before spending big development dollars.

Pros

We created a nonprofit that connects people with donations to organizations that need them. For that, we needed a database. With no budget, we were able to launch. With no IT background, I was able to get started from the tutorials and with helpful staff, have updated and upgraded over the years.

Cons

Starting out without technical experience, it did take some time to learn, but we started with the free plan and it was an incredible value - worth the time investment to learn. There with challenges that the architecture we built as we wanted to grow and change. The Caspio support team has helped us solve many of those with creative workarounds.

Brian
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy Excel Replacement

Reviewed on 7/6/2022

Customer service has been great. There have only been a few time where we could not figure out how to do something and they were very helpful in finding solutions

Pros

Straightforward to implement without needing an entire coding team. Sometimes in the documentation, it can be challenging to decipher how something works, but the forums have been great for finding ideas and solutions. The support team has been responsive and helpful whenever needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cons

If you are used to coding, the no code solutions can sometimes be cumbersome to figure out. There are definitely times where I wish I could just write the SQL query or other code instead of using the GUI.

Response from Caspio

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Brian. If you have any features you want us to include in the next releases, feel free to add it to our Ideabox: https://casp.io/3rd0tmK

Scott

• Customer Support Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a genius!

Reviewed on 12/16/2019

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing to work with. She took our ideas and built databases to meet our need in only minutes. Her knowledge of the product is off the charts. Every suggestion we threw at her, she was able to make happen for us.

I can't recommend her enough. She is a huge asset to the Caspio team.

Pros

Once established the program is very easy to use. The major advantage for us over our old Access database is you can log in from anywhere. Also, Access slowed down as it accumulated data, but Caspio has kept the same processing and retrieval speed. Finally, it looks much better and is easier to navigate.

Cons

It can be hard to learn how to create the tables and datapages, but they do offer training to teach you how.

Vincent

De Certified TB Program

Reviewed on 8/23/2022

I like Caspio a lot. It could be more widely used by public if not so expensive to use. I would like to help people at home with daily issues but too expensive.

Pros

Ease of use to create input forms and reports

Cons

Tasks and trigger info. Needs more exams of how to do different tasks

kintone

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Vincent!

Elizabeth K
  • Industry: Consumer Services

No Coding but Can do so much more

Reviewed on 8/23/2022

9.5 out of 10. Customer service and IT are the best and if you don't know they will show you.

Pros

Do not need to know code to customize solutions
Can use HTML and JaveScript to build your own if you want
Can automate emails, text, and other flows

Cons

Need a commission tracking system and lead rotation system.

Response from Caspio

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Max

Great Company, Product and Employees

Reviewed on 5/9/2020

My skill sets were a bit rusty but Caspio has enabled me to compete with the big boys. Overall I think they are great.

Pros

There are so many features it is hard to choose the most outstanding. Yes for me it is the best company I have ever dealt with in my 30+ year career. The only thing better than their product is the diverse body of knowledgeable, professional and welcoming employees. They are always anxious to help in completing my projects no matter what. Their very dedicated and patient support team is absolutely second to none. Great Job Caspio!

Cons

The only con is perhaps selfish on my part but it would be great for them to include PDF print in legacy accounts. There is truly nothing to complain about in regards to Caspio.

William
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great software for a company supporting remote work

Reviewed on 10/21/2020

Pros

We converted our custom Visual Basic & SQL database system when we made the determination 5 years ago to stop renting office space and have everyone work from home. Caspio allowed us to replicate that legacy system and totally get rid of our servers required to support that system. Currently, we have no infrastructure for any IT services, it is all "cloud" based.

Cons

We did lose some of the functionality we enjoyed with Visual Basic. However, after figuring out as many work arounds as possible, we do not miss that functionality anymore.

Bill
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Caspio allows you to manage your business workflow without hiring expensive IT resources

Reviewed on 7/29/2022

Extremely happy with the Caspio platform and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] our Account Manager has been a great support for many years. The Caspio YouTube training videos are very well done, as well.

Pros

The ability to build and deploy customized applications within days without hiring programmers and managing cloud servers

Cons

The payment processing should have an easier interface and more pre-defined options. Also, the ability to allow clients to import data records to a designated table without using scheduled tasks from third-party application.

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Bill! We will make sure to pass your feedback to the concerned team to work on this to make positive changes.

Jill
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Low code development at your finger tips

Reviewed on 6/21/2022

They have been fantastic to work with overall. There was a simple inventory automation we wanted that didn't seem as easy to implement as it should have been but their support team worked with us for several months until it was programmed and working they way we wanted.

Pros

Caspio is incredibly easy to use. You can setup forms, websites and applications with little or no code experience. Their customer support is top notch when you need help (if you are on a paid plan).

Cons

There are some simple tasks I would like to complete that just aren't available options. I think as Caspio continues to update their platform we will see more but sometimes it is limited if you have a something specific you are looking to deploy.

Response from Caspio

Hi Jill! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.