Accelo

• Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used for Free Trial

Product Analyzer

Reviewed on 2019-05-07

I enjoyed working with both the Tech and Sales reps. The tech rep was awesome in answering any questions I had at any one time. We did several webinars where the tech and I worked through questions/issues I was having. They have great learning videos, and although I wasn't a part of it, they had a good setup and training program for the end user I was recommending them to. Not once was I told that I was asking too much and would need to purchase before getting answers.

Pros

I loved the analytics of this product. I was demoing several products for a client that was looking for a PM software that handled a lot of their issues. This software fit the bill. They let me demo it for over 2 months, as I also had a full time job at the time that interfered with my daily testing/playing time with it.

Cons

I pick up new software fairly easy. I did have a major learning curve with this software. But once I got over that it was smooth sailing from there on out.

Mavenlink and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Accelo

I researched over 20 and demoed 4 products and brought all 4 to the table with pros and cons that I found with each of them. Mavenlink I thought was overpriced compared to the others. I also felt they weren't as helpful or agreeable to help while I was demoing. Wrike was okay, but they started to shy on giving me time to work with the product. A big factor in my decision making was who was the most customer/user firendly. Who wanted me to really like their product. I wasn't buy for me, I was researching for someone else. I gave that information up front. and the 2 I ended up taking to the client was Liquid Planner and Accelo. We set up online demos for the client to see and ask their own questions. That day, Accelo performed the better demo and the client went with them.

• Customer Support Software

Accelo the platform for efficient planning

Reviewed on 2021-04-17

Since using Accelo we have been able to verify that it is a far-reaching software capable of managing projects, optimize billing, expand the effectiveness of sales and service, highlighting that in project management has eliminated the problems of planning and scheduling of our work teams, also due to the ticketing systems it has we have managed to boost monitoring and improve our customer service, leaving in this way that the billing needs have been fully covered

Pros

Accelo is a truly effective platform for planning, executing and delivering jobs on time, as it takes care of undoing all those manual tools that hinder overall growth, boasting extremely robust features for project planning, team scheduling, task management and client registration, among other things, it is a platform that boasts excellent customer service and an impressive price-performance ratio

Cons

Within the main features that I dislike about Accelo is that it has few integrations with common tools, just as it needs to improve customization options to achieve adjust the needs that any company needs

Chad F.

Customized Agency CRM with lots of ongoing Changes but might not be best fit

Reviewed on 2017-09-18

ordering and keeping track of our client base - with specific notes and stream or history of conversations and emails with each of them attached.
Easy tracking of support or maintenance tickets and conversion to invoices from a few simple filters.

Pros

We transitioned away from an Excel Spreadsheet to Accelo and the transition was amazing. Just forcing us to cleanup our accounts in order to transition saved us thousands in internal errors, missed billing etc.
Accelo keeps you organized and has a wealth of options that you can take advantage of depending on the package you select with them.
For us the most useful things were 2 way integration with QuickBooks Online - and being able to track time on tickets and tasks in Accelo then fairly easily filter and convert those completed tickets into invoices within QuickBooks.
We liked how easy it was to enter time on a ticket and we loved being able to filter on staff for customized time periods in order to see hours worked by project for billing purposes.
Overall this is a robust CRM software that helps you keep track of your clients all in one place, make detailed notes on your relationship with them, track your historical conversations with them and integrate with your Accounting software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Accelo were integration and Price:
At first everything worked fine but after a provincial PST increase we had to create a new Combined tax rate in QBO and it stopped working with Accelo. Customer Service chased this down for months but we never got a reolution - just updates that they were working with QBO on this. After several months of not being able to push invoices through - it became clear we needed another solution.
Secondly was the price. That was just too high for us in the end. We found other software that was not as robust, but fit our needs better, integrated with QBO more reliably and charged us a flat rate rather than a per employee rate - which makes MUCH more sense for us.
One last thing we didn't like that they may have already updated was that filters were not able to be saved. We'd have a staff meeting and load up a page with 3 or more filtering specifications then click something and the results of the filter were lost. We'd have to go through all the steps to get back there again. Same thing next week. It would be nice to be able to customize your filter selections and save them so you can run the same evaluations or reports repeatedly and easily.

Jessica W.

An excellent all-rounder

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

In our business we can have a long sales cycle, we also have consulting work, training, software we resell, support level agreements, adhoc support tickets, and we have larger project work as well. It is a lot to manage with a small team.
I tested many software solutions before we chose Accelo. Many packages were great in one area of our business but couldn't transition work as required. That is what really attracted me to Accelo. In Accelo you can start with a sale, migrate it to a project or a support ticket or a support ticket to a project. The system has the flexibility to work with the systems you are already used to and at the depth you want to go.
Accelo is a great all-rounder for a small business. It also integrates with the major accounting packages to ensure the tail end is taken care of as well.
When it comes to support, I've found the Accelo team to be supportive, encouraging and tuned in to their customers. The software is also evolved and improved regularly to respond to customer needs and to fine tune functionality in this worthwhile tool.
The time tracking functionality in the tool is excellent, and one of the features which sold me on the tool. I love the integration with outlook as well, creating that audit trail for future reference. In some ways though I think activities should come through with an aggregate cost, to simplify reporting to clients - sometimes too much information is a bad thing. It also takes longer than I would like to complete a time sheet and sometimes time is missed because work hasn't been approved. Also as updates are always happening, the time isn't static and this can be an issue when auditing time spent against an invoice down the track.
Customer facing reports/dashboards are also sourly lacking in the tool and my number one frustration right now. When a client calls me up and says how is my SLA tracking. I want to be able to produce a report which gives them the 5 key pieces of data they are after on the spot and send it to them, or at the very least screenshot it - at the moment we will export a detailed list of the support tickets and projects in progress for a client into excel, aggregate and manipulate the data manually and a create a dashboard front page which we then send them. It's a lot of work.

Response from Accelo

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback! You are not alone in asking for more reporting. Luckily we are looking to release a beta integration with PowerBI within the next few weeks. While we also work to improve our native reporting, having a dedicated BI tool that connects directly to Accelo will be key in providing detailed reports.

Kind regards,

Jan B.

Valuable for Management Consultancy with Distinct Lines of Business

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

Pros

- we loved the idea of a fully integrated professional service system. TImesheeting, project management, and business development (prospecting) follow-up, and project cost tracking were essential for us.
- we use everything in Accelo except 'ticketing'.
- we were initially attracted as well by the invoicing and the project profitability features.
- time sheeting, project cost tracking, business development (opportunity funnel) and basic project management work very well for us. The team - including external contractors - use the system externally, and it greatly streamlines our weekly All Hands review meetings.

- We have consultants with extensie experience with Salesforce and Work, and they comment this is much better suited to our 'professional services' application.

Cons

- the proposal/ quoting functionality has been a disappointment. We wish there was better functionality to impot text, 'view' andedit and modigy layout, due to the nature of professional services work. The quoting/ prosposal module is probably fine if you are quoting 'canned' services like web design packaging, or system configuration / maintenance, but not for much else.

Katy D.

Use this Everyday

Reviewed on 2021-02-11

I use this everyday and I love when our company transferred over to this software. We are so much more organized and work better as a team within this program.

Pros

I love how organized you can be as a whole within the company. Everything seems to transfer well between coworkers and keeps us extremely organized.

Cons

There are things I feel like are more difficult to understand but I also feel like that is mostly user error. When it comes to creating PO's I think the process could be easier inside of that to go ahead and create an expense.

Joshua K.

• Customer Support Software

I couldn't function without Accelo, but it still drives me crazy!

Reviewed on 2018-07-24

Pros

It has so many features that it's light years ahead of anything else I've tried and I've been through dozens of programs. I'm probably using 10% of the features yet it's still indispensable. I love how I can set different rates for different clients, even the same clients but for different projects. I can fairly easily track my time and send invoices.

Cons

That said, Accelo is so utterly confusing, that if you don't already have a complex management system that you're converting from, and is one which you already mastered, you can get very easily overwhelmed by the differences between Retainers, Tickets, Projects. You can attempt to just use one of them and see how it works for you, but then certain items won't be billable if not set up with the correct item. I wish they had templates set-up already designed for different industries, where they had instructions of how to setup and perform specific processes for your needs. Then a guide to stages to go to the next complexity of tools. I feel like I can't move forward for fear of breaking the 10% I'm able to use properly (or improperly). Support is very poor and only available via email. It can take a day for a response and I find myself having a week long back and forth on something that would take just a few minutes via phone.

Response from Accelo

Hi Joshua, sorry for the frustrations with support. Since your review we've invested a lot into building out our support team, and have also introduced options for real-time support for users who want/need it for their businesses.

Kimberly H.

Lots of Potential

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

Overall, I like using Accelo and will continue to use it. I hope expand how we use it and explore new areas of the tool.

Pros

This is one of the few tools out there that has been extremely helpful in managing retainer work. Our team appreciate the tool's ability to track time and tasks within projects. I also really like the triggers for alerts on budget/usage %, this automation has been very helpful.

Cons

There is a lot of rigidness about the system, with lots of work arounds, but still some aspects of it do not have the flexibility you want it to. Task are more difficult to manage and assign than just a task management/checklist type system.

Richard A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

I'm a bit smarter and definitely more productive with Accelo

Reviewed on 2019-02-05

Accelo has given me a "picture" of my business that, initially, I was reluctant to believe. Sometimes that first accurate picture isn't pretty, but I'm thankful for it.

Pros

Accelo has encoded the work flows for my business. I was unaware of some of those flows, so the software has educated me. It solved problems I didn't know that I had.

Cons

What I like least really has nothing to do with Accelo. It can be complex, but, for me, that was because I didn't understand some of the complexities in my business.

For example, the Retainers section has you trying to understand the options that they give you. Your first question will be, "Why does this have to be so complex?", or "Who would do it that way?". When you realize the reasons that they structured Retainers, you understand the power of it.

Vicky W.

Life is now 100 times easier

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

The overall experience with Accelo has been positive. It has made me more aware of the amount of time I spend on tasks and has highlighted areas in which I can be more productive. My experiences with the support team have been amazing and I have always received a response within the hour of me emailing!

Pros

I love Accelo for multiple reasons, the main one being it speeds up my day. The template feature for emails has shaved at least an hour off my day, allowing me to spend more time doing profitable things. I also like the ease of having my emails, phone calls and activities all time tracked experience me to see how much time I am spending on highlighted clients and which ones I am missing communication with.

Cons

For me personally, I would like the option to skip some of the approval steps in support tickets as when I am in a rush they are a little annoying to need to go through every approval step. highlighted the feature is useful for keeping a logexperience when it is an internal support ticket I would like to be able to skip a few steps.

Craig H.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Most feature packed project management tool we could find

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

With Accelo everything is all in the one place: CRM, Email Communication, Project Management, Support Ticketing, Invoicing, Retainers, etc. and it also integrates with our other tools (Xero, MailChimp) and when there isn't an integration there is the API which covers 90% of the product. It's the only product we found that did everything well.
Interface is clean and easy to use (although has a bit of a learning curve - mostly due to the HUGE amount of features and multiple ways to get things done).
Support is responsive and when something doesn't work they are quick to rectify. The automatic scheduling is a little inflexible and favours distributing work across multiple work days rather than in one solid block.
The API doesn't cover retainers. We have almost 800 subscriptions from a previous product that we can't import.
The product is pretty expensive when compared to competitors - even for all the functions it provides.
Reports are limited to what is provided and filtering of tables. Would be great to be able to build more complicated reports across different record types.
Xero integration is great but doesn't track custom columns in invoices.

Collin R.

Great Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2019-07-19

Pros

I love the quoting function and Customer Tracking/ticketing. This product allows you to track about anything you want. It syncs to your Gmail so you can get a notification on scheduling and different projects.

Cons

In the beginning this product is hard to use. Once you use it daily and spend the time to learn it. It is a great product

Robert Y.

• Customer Support Software

I now know what's going on

Reviewed on 2018-11-13

Onboarding was easy and I did it without assistance. Ticketing is easy. The dashboards are awesome and give me an amazing overview of my business.

Pros

Email capture, all of our clients and vendors communications are automatically captured and linked with the tick and user it belongs to. My techs don't have to use the software to keep it up to date they just have to email like normal.

Cons

The calendar is exchange. I would like a way to easy see the schedule of the days tickets without leaving the app Ang going to Outlook.

Magnus R.

A Huge Accelerator for Our Business

Reviewed on 2019-03-09

Accelo is really exciting, all-in-one platform. There are plenty of "tools" out there, but they always seem to fall short. Accelo is a true system and it has already helped our team immensely. I would absolutely suggest that you check it out.

Pros

The first thing that comes to mind is the Client Portal. As part of our management services, we actively serve 100+ properties and systems. The Accelo Client Portal allows us to receive, prioritize, and track customer tickets and requests all in one place. This feature is mission-critical for us to continue to scale our business.

Cons

Honestly, the only frustration I have with the platform is the fact that we haven't allocated enough time internally (yet) to complete the implementation. With that said, we will slowly but surely work to wake up this real beast of a CRM over the next few weeks!

Jared V.

• Customer Support Software

The best billing software we've used

Reviewed on 2018-06-06

Pros

Are you looking for software that simplifies billing? This is what you need. Easily track timed expenses on tickets, retainers, and projects and then print out an invoice for your clients.

Cons

The learning curve with this software is pretty steep. You'll need to dedicate quite a bit of time to learn how to use it effectively. With so many features and options, it's easy to get lost in the software.

Hugo N.

Speed things up

Reviewed on 2019-12-16

In general is a pleasant experience. It just works and it's easy to use.

Pros

It's easy to find the projects I'm working on, keep a track of my time and provide report about my billing time.

Really useful to coordinate time with my team.

Cons

Maybe the only thing I didn't like much, is that I can change some info on my daily reports and I need to open them on a separate tab to do so.

Harris L.

• Customer Support Software

So Happy I Switched to Accelo!

Reviewed on 2016-04-07

I was running another CRM for the first 4 years of my business. However, as we continued to grow and expand, the CRM had many flaws that were holding our business back. We found Accelo and could not be happier we made the switch. The CRM is saving us time and money in our business and is very user-friendly. It provides a ton of features that make day to day business excellent. Accelo really understood that there are a lot more businesses that do not sell "widgets" and built a program that interacts with true business relationships. We look forward to our future with this platform.

Response from Accelo

Harris, thanks so much for this honest review. We love getting feedback (the good and the bad), but we really love it when we hear stories like this! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do - we're always trying to improve our product. Cheers.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Great software to use for traditional project management

Reviewed on 2018-04-15

Pros

As a project manager, it is hard to find software that can be used on many platforms and does not cost a lot of money. I think Accelo is the perfect solution.

Cons

There is some better software out there, with better features but cost-wise, Accelo is a much more wise choice.

Kristina G.

Accelo for Remote Assistance

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

I have realized this is an efficient, online platform for tracking hours.

Pros

I use Accelo daily. It is an easy platform to log into, track your hours, stay on top of your team, and learn your work patterns. I really enjoy the timer feature that allows me to go about my day while still tracking the time I am working for a specific client.

Cons

I haven't had any discrepancies with this platform yet.

Sunny A.

Reviewed on 2018-03-19

Pros

Accelo is an excellent service that allows you to take your business to a higher level. it easily helps in project management, time tracking, issues and tickets.

Cons

I think that the tool can further be expanded to help with marketing outreach. one more thing that is time consuming

Grant B.
  • Used for Free Trial

Kind of a Business in-a-box

Reviewed on 2020-06-11

Overall, it has been great to not piece together different, completely unrelated products.

Pros

The retainers portion of the product is stellar, as managing ongoing services can be a real pain when it doesn't have to be. I like that the all-in-one package is significantly cheaper compared to the one-off costs.

Cons

I would like a little more control and customization when it comes to client portals. It's a small gripe, not a dealbreaker.

Chen A.

Full One Stop Shop for your business

Reviewed on 2016-11-16

The integration with Google Apps emails, the automatic capturing of emails, the relation to the relevant client and the stream view which shows you a full timeline history with your client.
Also, it is giving really useful tools to manage an agency. The task / tickets management lacks a lot more intuitive UI.
The JIRA integration needs more improvements and better synchronization (planned to get improvements on Q4 2016 as per Accelo roadmap).
A bit of slow performance because most of the UI actions are required a whole page refresh (planned to get improvements on Q4 2016 as per Accelo roadmap).

• Industry: Media Production

Powerful, complex.

Reviewed on 2018-09-10

Pros

Does almost anything you need from timesheets, ticket tracking,

Cons

Steep learning curve, can't see your schedule in calendar view, spotty integration with G Suite.

Thijs R.

• Customer Support Software

Accelo is a must try tool when managing projects

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

The best part is you can easily log work without losing time. Afterwards you have a clear overview per project and you can review were you are spending too much time and are losing money. I currently miss the ability to easily share timelines with customers. a website were you can see the progress and deadliness would be great!

Response from Accelo

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback! I see that you marked a majority of the characteristics in your review as 1/5 stars. I'm curious if there is anything you would like to see in Accelo that would increase your rating?

Kind regards,

Stephen C.

Great Value For the Money

Reviewed on 2015-10-28

The overall value delivered for less than $40/mo can not be beat. It had all the functions I look for, it just wasn't a very good looking app. I also thought the tickets were a bit clunky, and didn't like the fact that it was very difficult to bill flat-rate projects.

Other than that, the benefit of having billing, retainers, projects, clients, tickets, etc under a single roof is phenomenal.

Pros

Everything under one roof, great value, and great support.

Cons

Very cluttered interface, runs slow, and not enough control over invoice format.