Jason P.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2020-02-07

We have had a very positive 9 years with Jonas and the Jonas team. If we ever have an issue no matter how big or small the Jonas team have taken the time to talk to us and make sure any issue is resolved

Pros

Jonas Software and the Jonas Team are dedicated to the philosophy that we are in business together! They are constantly improving the software to meet the current needs of the construction industry, partnering with other software companies, welcome input and feed back from the users, all to create a product that is a functional tool for all levels of your organization.

Cons

When I invoice my customers and the contracts are in the million dollar price range the commas don't print on the invoice forcing me to manually adjust the invoices prior to sending them out

Caitlyn M.

Jonas Construction

Reviewed on 2019-09-17

Overall as a new user (myself) with Jonas, I find it has been a good experience. It isn't the most effective user friendly software, but at the same time it definitely is not the worse; It is worth giving this software a shot. The more you use it, the easier and better it is. Plus, like I mentioned previously, their support team is great. The team is very quick and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing problems. I really like that everything we do can be done in Jonas, and we don't have to toggle back and forth between different screens to do our daily tasks. The Jonas Support Team is very quick and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing problems.

Pros

It is user friendly when it comes to different departments: project management, estimating, accounting, etc.. Everything is done in one software.

Cons

Working in accounting, I find there are some glitches in the system. I don't find it is as user friendly as Sage50 that is solely based on accounting use. For example, I find where Sage takes 1 click to make a change, Jonas takes 3. It could be a little better developed on the accounting side.

Dustin P.

Excellent Company and Great Software

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

I think the largest benefit of Jonas is not the software itself, but the people you'll work with. They are a well run organization, and just by their example have helped us improve. The annual User Conference is a great way to interact with Jonas employees, give your input on future development, and meet other Jonas customers with similar concerns to your own.

Pros

We are an MEP contractor with a little over 100 employees in four operating locations. Jonas fits our needs very well. Our previous software did not provide the data we needed to be able to best run our business, especially when it came to multiple operating divisions in multiple locations. We can now easily see profitability on our construction jobs at any point in the project, we are more organized in our service department, and our A/R has improved.

Cons

As with any of these software products, it took us a while to get acclimated to Jonas. The test company they set up before we went live was helpful, but it still takes time to get used to how it all works. Now that we've had time, we are all comfortable with how to navigate the software and get the information we need.

Patsy R.

Jonas for Construction

Reviewed on 2020-03-10

Jonas has really streamlined our accounting processes and made us more efficient.

Pros

The main reason we switched to Jonas was for the Job Costing feature and it continues to to make our life easier. Payroll has also proven to make us more efficient, particularly with dealing with multiple union agreements.

Cons

What I like least about Jonas is the Report Design feature. I find it difficult to maneuver and create the reports that I need.

Pamela G.

A Simple, Highly Customizable, Multi Function Software

Reviewed on 2015-09-20

Pros

I have used Jonas to process Accounts Receivable,Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory, and Job Cost since 2010. The modules are easy to use and financial reports can be customized for better decision making especially in Job Cost.

The Inventory Module helps to track levels to re-order and specific materials used per job.

Overall, I think this is a great software for the Construction Industry because Labour Costs, Materials, and Overheads can be easily retrieved in detail.

Cons

In the future, I would like to be able to retrieve scanned vendor & customer documents(WSIB & Certificate of Insurance) through the Vendor & Customer Modules(Contractors & Subs). This will be better for tracking purpose.

Andrew D.

Jonas Construction Software - Ease of Use and Payroll Simplification

Reviewed on 2019-01-31

Pros

Jonas Software has made our jobs in Accounting much easier than our past system. Our payroll is very complicated with many different unions and specific parts of payroll burdens going to different union locales - and Jonas has made this very easy to set up. We are constantly finding new and easier ways to simplify daily entries.

Cons

There aren't too many cons - but the major one that has stood out to us is that there are so few characters available to enter AP invoice numbers.

Dina P.

Jonas May 5

Reviewed on 2020-05-05

Pros

We are using this software over 10 years, since we have grown and need to track labour and materials per job site, Jonas does this for us.

Cons

I have 2 monitors, when I open a new window, it ways opens twice... this just started after my last upgrade. its annoying.

Luis C.

• Customer Support Software

The product has outstanding features tailored to our needs.

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

Pros

Jonas is one of the most versatile software systems for our type of business in the construction industry.

Cons

There are very little cons that I encountered. There may be other ways to approach the Digio that may facilitate saving emails and documents in to the projects.

Patrice L.

• Customer Support Software

Integrated system for service & construction

Reviewed on 2018-04-27

Pros

All in one system; all employees use the same system.
Both service and install departments have specific functionalities

Cons

After 6 years using Jonas, I can tell that if you have a recommendation on how to make Jonas better, the management team will listen to you.

Marie H.

• Customer Support Software

Looked for Jonas as a solution. Only found problems.

Reviewed on 2015-05-06

Pros

After investing in this software and using it for six months in the construction industry, hoping it would provide a solution to integrating a full service project management, doc control and accounting system, our general contracting company had no choice but to return to Sage 100 Software. Jonas was horrible.

Cons

Jonas overpromised in their sales, and underdelivered to the point of negligence in both the product and the service. We paid for add on modules that were never installed or followed up on, the training was inadequate, and the support was horrible. Please do yourself a favor, if you are a general contractor looking for a solution as above, and do NOT consider Jonas. It was a very expensive mistake for our company, in terms of the issues that it caused us. I was never so glad to go back to an imperfect program as Sage 100. We cleaned up our files and worked with a consultant, and I am so happy with Sage now after our nightmare experience with Jonas.

Anh D.

Reviewed on 2011-08-10

Our company services the commercial and industrial fuel service industry. Our major customer is Shell, and we target other customers such as the local municipal governments and transit authorities. We are also involved in the construction of fuel dispensing systems, vehicle wash systems and hoists.

We implemented Jonas about two and a half years ago, and have been very satisfied with its performance. We were using another system at the time, but the functionality of our previous system did not suit our needs for the construction or service side of our business. Jonas offered better functionality through the work order module to better handle our large volume of service calls. It also allowed us to better manage our costs in our construction department with better reporting tools.

The implementation went well with some minor hiccups that were resolved quickly by the implementation team. I needed about 4-5 months to get up to speed with the software, from start to the day we began using Jonas exclusively. The training experience was very good, with the trainers arriving in our office for face-to-face training time.

The #1 reason that I would recommend Jonas to other users is for its support staff. Jonas's technical support has been exceptional. They are quick to respond - when I was a new user and had to call them almost every day, I felt I was still a valued customer and not someone annoying them all the time.

Katie P.
  • Industry: Design

Jonas significantly helped organize our gym members and payment schedules!

Reviewed on 2018-07-26

Pros

We use Jonas at our gym to organize our members and contact information. It is very quick and effective. Relatively easy to use once you learn the basics.

Cons

There are multiple routes to accomplish the same tasks, which can be confusing at times. Sometimes we have difficulty making changes to member accounts.

Zhiwei C.

• Customer Support Software

Good product and good value

Reviewed on 2018-07-03

Pros

Always looking for integration in construction software, Jonas did well in that, And everything we did with all the modules flow smoothly.

Cons

Some of the older version caused some problems, but the updates were quick and support is good and responsive.

Sandra I.

• Customer Support Software

General overview: Jonas software is highly professional

Reviewed on 2015-12-30

Pros

The software is very user friendly and the support is always ready and available to help if needed.

Cons

I have had a couple of experiences where Jonas has malfunctioned. I had struggled to figure out the problem and when I contacted Jonas for support they already knew of the problem. Had Jonas contacted their members it could have alleviated some headaches!

April C.

GREAT customer service

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

Pros

I was able to fix my mistake quickly and without much thought.

Cons

I wish there was better reporting reports.

Tracey M.

• Customer Support Software

Great Experience being able to monitor things in real time!

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Pros

I liked being able to see my business from a variety of angles and to see how things are running in real time. Accounting is an important part of the business so being able to reduce data entry errors was also very helpful.

Cons

Initially I did not like having to fill out forms and give out endless amounts of information (or so it seems) just to look at brochures or have a nosey around past the main levels of the site.

Response from Jonas Construction Software

Hi Tracey,
Thanks for taking the time to review our software. We really appreciate it.

On the plus side, we did recently update the website so that the forms would automatically populate with your information if you've filled it out once prior.
We know that can be a little frustrating.
If you have any recent examples where the form didn't populate, feel free to send me the urls, and we can have a look at getting those updated.

Thanks again,
Oren Falkovitz
Marketing Manager
Jonas Construction Software

Robert U.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ease of use for Jonas

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Pros

Jonas is easy to use once you have completed your initial training. Reporting functions that the software provide are great, as well as all of the other information that is available

Cons

Product support has slowed just a bit but most issues are resolved within a few days. No other real negative issues product as a whole is very solid and stable

Julie K.

• Customer Support Software

We are in the business of construction not IT or software

Reviewed on 2019-02-26

Pros

It was much less expensive than many of the others we looked at. The service module is robust and we like the idea of the dispatch board. The payroll module is better than what we were using before

Cons

Absolutely terrible customer service. The software is not intuitive so unless you are an IT guru it is not easy to use or write reports. The report writing function doesn't work the same in each module. No dashboards. I am looking elsewhere after only 3 years

Tricia R.

Controller - Job costing, analysts, journal entry, AR, AP

Reviewed on 2015-03-16

Pros

It's user-friendly and customer support is exceptional!

Cons

As with any software there are limitations. There is one process that I want to do (job costing) that I cannot find a reporting solution without entering the data into Excel for my reporting.

Patricia b. H.

Jonas Ends Search for Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2015-09-01

Pros

So far, Jonas Enterprise exceeds our expectations for accounting software. As we continue to maneuver through the modules and processes, we continue to discover little "extras" that's going to make our jobs easier.

Cons

As with any software, users would like the documentation to walk them through step by step. However, because every company's setup/profile is different, this becomes next to impossible. Given that, imagine if Jonas DID provide the most detailed product documentation?!? Their software is one of the best on the market. If Jonas focused on detailed documentation for each module/application, other vendors couldn't compare!

Joy H.

• Customer Support Software

Well worth the investment.

Reviewed on 2015-12-30

Pros

A progressive company that melds the accounting systems with the ease of use for those whose primary job is in the filed.

Cons

old program functions that haven't been fully removed. This may be because there are still some customers using them, unfortunately it become clutter.

Scott G.

Learning to use Jonas has been smooth and pain free. Exiting what you can do with the program

Reviewed on 2019-01-08

Technicians in the field have good comments so far.

Pros

Ease of use and it's functionality. Opening WO's and issuing PO's is as simple as any program I have been involved with

Cons

As a remote user, it is often slow but that could be our system. I am still learning the reporting functions but they seem ok.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Over promised and Under delivered

Reviewed on 2018-05-01

Pros

The features look great on paper. It would be awesome if it did everything that it's supposed to instead of being functional in theory.

Cons

The implementation team did not do what they should and we were told that multiple features didn't exist despite the fact that they were shown in the demo or promised by the sales team. Workarounds for everything.

Response from Jonas Construction Software

Hello,

I am so sorry for the problems that you are experiencing.
At Jonas, we really value our clients and we want to help make the experience better for you. Since you didn't provide your name or company name we don't know the best way to get in touch with you to resolve the issues. Please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] or call me at 1(888)789-9073 ex. 2255 so I can make sure that you are an Enterprise client and if you are, I will work with you to resolve the problems you are dealing with.

With Much Appreciation,

(Cell)1(416)902-7737

Amanda H.

Great Software with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014-04-02

We have been using Jonas Construction for 5+ years. It is capable of handing all of our Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Payroll, Job Costing and more.

The support team at Jonas is always fast to help us work through any issues that arise.

The software is constantly being updated and improved. Between the Weekly Tips and Tricks emails, the webinars and the yearly conference, Jonas always makes training a priority.

Colin H.
  • Industry: Design

Poor User Interface

Reviewed on 2019-01-06

Pros

Jonas is a very powerful program. It is able to perform all accounting functions you would want it to and is very customization to your needs.

Cons

The biggest draw back of Jonas is the user interface. It is very difficult to find certain reports. The software needs to become more intuitive to allow people who are not using it on a daily basis to understand where to go for information.