Salesforce Sales Cloud

Sal T.
  • Industry: Media Production

Salesforce: Helps Improve Internal Communications/External Customer X

Reviewed on 2016-09-21

Pros

I have been using, recommending and adopting salesforce.com for my sales teams for ten years in several different digital technology, media and advertising organizations. I can say unequivocally that the CRM software has evolved from being a supplement and "nice to have" to a must buy and necessary and vital tool for doing business. The key to any business solutions and software product is getting the team to adopt and use it. Training and practice is essential. Its like your golf game, the more you practice the better your score or working out, no pain, no gain.

I like the social media and conversational abilities you can have with sales team; the app is excellent for quick reviews and checking on status of pending, pitches and prospects; the flexibility and customization options based o salesperson, account, deal size, industry vertical. In one organization we adopted it for internal sales data use and tracking and also incorporated product data about our partners, customers, audience metrics and analytics and distribution platform.

Cons

Depending on the level of subscription, will also vary with the amount of personalized training you receive. I would also say there needs to be more attention and customization devoted to industry verticals that contain many nuances regarding customer segments and rev streams. This includes the advertising and digital sales industries where there are multiple customer touchpoints and rev streams including agencies, direct to client, programmatic, 3rd party vendors, ad tech partners etc. I also think saleforce.com needs to develop more compatible software and training that integrates salesforce,com into other software linked to finance, accounting etc.

Evan R.

Salesforce NPSP - Pricey, but will give you room to grow

Reviewed on 2021-01-22

Great! If possible, I recommend ensuring you have someone in-house with at least 3 years experience before deployment. We contract a Salesforce Developer who aids non-profits specifically to aid in back-end matters.

Pros

I love that it has given our non-profit a space to grow into. Too often, non-profits find themselves barred by limits placed on the number of Contacts being retained. Most pricing is based around this figure which is tiresome when you are looking to gain momentum without having to have constant upgrades. Salesforce is massive and delivers in what it says it will do.

Cons

It is challenging to learn. I would have appreciated options for non-profit teams to have discount pricing on trainings with use. This would have provided for shared trust in the CRM, rather than knowledge given to a few who then became internal advocates for the system.

Sarah H.

Salesforce - Marketing & Lead Gen

Reviewed on 2020-07-24

We are using Salesforce to streamline new business leads and nurture leads into actual sales. We are able to analyze, vet, engage, and track the progress of the new leads we receive from our Facebook lead gen ads. Salesforce integrates directly into Facebook's Business Manager and automatically imports new leads in real-time. We are also able to see the cost per lead acquired and other rich insights from our Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that get directly populated into our dash.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the most powerful and sophisticated CRMs available. The onboarding process and demos with the reps were exceptionally helpful. The reps really took time to understand our CRM needs, our workflow process, and how we can best utilize/adopt Salesforce into our new business department to grow revenue and track progress. The tool is completely customizable and has very advanced marketing integrations within the cloud. The ability to track leads and history (who followed up and when) and add notes and assign leads to specific people makes the entire workflow so much more efficient. It's worth the price tag if you take advantages of the features.

Cons

We wish the marketing cloud add on wasn't so expensive. There are many tools available that offer the same features such as Sprout Social and Hubspot. However, the price was a little steep for the $6,000. I also wish pricing was a bit more transparent. The discounts and contract lengths have been very inconsistent in our experience.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Much more advanced features for large scale lead gen needs.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Great reviews and exceptional customer service/reps.
Braden W.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 2+ years

Excellent CRM

Reviewed on 2020-04-13

Overall, considering I have used this program across numerous organizations, both as a new implementation and as an existing platform; I would say it is a superb CRM system. Additionally, I have used two other CRM systems, and neither meet the functionality as well as Salesforce.

Pros

I have been a part of numerous business organizations that used Salesforce. One that integrated it into a business and one that had used it, essentially, since inception. In the business where we switched CRM systems, from the user standpoint the transition was somewhat seamless. Although expansive in product functionality, it has a pretty simple user interface, making it easy to pick up. Salesforce offers the excellent feature of customizing reports, either to export or to feature on a cloud-based reporting dashboard.

Cons

The biggest struggle that I have had to date is with the 'new' lightning interface. To be fair, as with anything new, it requires time and patience. However some of the items, like the report builder, is far less intuitive than the original. It offers a block-style builder platform that features what I can only describe as a partial-drag-and-drop function. The system automatically adds items to a grouping when selected, however upon initial interaction looks like a drag and drop menu. It's a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, isn't an issue.

Marcus G.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Solid CRM That Can Do a Lot

Reviewed on 2019-12-11

Overall it has been great for me. As I said, once you get your salesforce process setup up, it's really easy to use, and the crashing that occurs is very minimal: it really only happens when your Salesforce admin tweaks with something. I can't speak to the cost (As I'm just a user), but from my perspective I would recommend it if you're looking for a solid CRM.

Pros

Once you have your Salesforce process setup and streamlined, it's great to use. It's easy to access leads and opportunities and manage data inside them with relatively few issues. I also like the dashboard feature which allows you to see a lot of data from different reports in an aesthetically pleasing manner. I have never used the Zoho CRM, but I know my company switched over and has been using it for over 2 years now.

Cons

The setup process can be difficult and might require some degree of coding logic. Like all software sometimes features won't work and you'll have to contact the salesforce administer within your company to fix it. Also, the reports can kind of be tricky to set up.

My biggest complaint is that no two people can edit a file at the same time. There have been times where I've spent 15 minutes inputting information in a file and tried to click save only to see an error message saying that someone else has edited the file. So I wish it would allow for real-time editing amongst co-workers or at least allow me to refresh the page while saving all the data I have already typed up.

I'm also not a fan of "lightning mode", which is the new UI that they are trying to push. Salesforce classic is just so much easier to use, and you can see so much data at one time when looking at leads/opportunities.

Jared D.

This CRM Can Do Anything

Reviewed on 2019-12-11

I wish I had known about it's capabilities a long time ago because we would've switched to it for onboarding much sooner. I didn't realize you could create custom objects that could tie to an account record and setup virtually as many fields as you needed.

Pros

Our onboarding team uses Salesforce for onboarding new customers. It allows us to track communications, activities, mark task that have been completed and create reports and dashboards to show how accounts are progressing through the onboarding process. Salesforce is the best in class tool when it comes to customization and trackability. We can setup whatever fields we need and collect whatever data we need based on various workflows. You can also create automated tasks.

Cons

Salesforce is a bit clunky and slow at times. We had to have training by a Salesforce expert to implement the systems we needed, so I wouldn't say it's very user-friendly (but that's expected when you have such a robust system).

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We looked at Trello for project management for awhile, but it didn't have the reporting and automated tasks we needed. Wasn't very customizable.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We looked at Monday.com for project management, but due to the fields, workflows, automated tasks and overall functionality we were looking for, Salesforce was much more customizable for our needs.
Evita G.

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

Reviewed on 2019-09-14

The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Pros

Cons

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees!

I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

Alley S.

Salesforce is a Dream!

Reviewed on 2019-08-07

I use it daily. I live in salesforce and I'm in marketing. I use it to keep up with my team and to try to use chatter to highlight what is working and showcase certain accounts. I also like to follow the wins and losses to try to get a feel for where we can improve.

Pros

Everything. I love salesforce. I love its ease of use, navigation, walk-me, training, integration, features, functionality, you name it. Chatter is my favorite feature and once adopted by organizations you see the whole organization migrate to making salesforce their homepage. I love the adaptation the teams have to it and that you can customize your dashboard so sales, marketing, integration, and other teams can all use it as they need to.

Cons

The cost, and sometimes Salesforce does not do a good job of showing the interoperability it has. There are so many features that make it a one-stop-shop for companies large and small, but it seems if the product is sold as a sales tool, it remains that way instead of showing the integration options for marketing and other teams.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot Marketing Hub

features and functionality

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I went to dreamforce and was sold!
Jerome M.

• Customer Support Software

SalesForce is astounding for the most part at what it does, however can be hard to adjust to...

Reviewed on 2019-05-17

It monitors our hopefuls and customers discourses over some stretch of time which causes us return from where the last discussion had finished. A decent record data also with 360-perspective on data. Devices work quite a bit of some acclaimed person to person communication destinations and could be considered as a simple exploring stage.

Pros

A stage that offers deals the board, client administration, showcasing robotization and accomplice relationship the executives. It is a c cloud-based CRM arrangement, Salesforce gives you anyplace, whenever, access to your business information, even from cell phones. This stage helped us streamline our procedure and logged our discussion with every one of our customers/applicants monitoring the discourse history and knowing where we left at. It has a decent contact the board framework that enables the clients to store significantly more data like record/customer subtleties, addresses, other accessible data which permits a decent record information review. The Dashboard is adaptable and can fit to what their customer needs and requires for the particular procedure. It's a simple to explore programming particularly for the individuals who had been into cloud-based stage previously.

Cons

The multifaceted nature of its highlights here and there are not being depleted/augmented by little scale organizations and could get overpowering now and again. Evaluating might be somewhat high for a little organization particularly on the off chance that they need something that is progressively adaptable. For our group, it took us some time to explore the stage completely and consider was on the most proficient method to tweak the stage dependent on our necessities. Recognizing what is as of now accessible for us and what can be considered for what's to come is something that we get to profound plunge through the span of months and a great deal of cooperation and discussion with the group. Announcing issues may be somewhat hard as far as realizing who is responsible for certain specialized glitch if its Salesforce people themselves or some application that connects to it.

Mark D.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Best CRM in the market, without question. Learning curve to administer but well worth it

Reviewed on 2018-07-30

Automation of common tasks saved us time. Documenting conversations and tracking new data gave us the ability to work with the right person at the right time. 3rd party apps were easy to find and integrate into our business processes. Saved time by building drip campaigns during the recruiting process. Adding new fields meant we could be agile in implementing new ideas and pilot projects.

Pros

Customizable - allows organizations to track anything and everything
Automation - easy to build workflows to automate repetitive tasks
Security - can control access to fields, records, or entire objects by user type. Access and security are vital and easily maintained and deployed
Innovative - Salesforce is consistently voted one of the most innovative companies in the world. Quarterly releases are packed with new features to support users and administrators
Community - the Salesforce community is incredible. Find answers from other users and administrators through Salesforce's gigantic communities.
Equality - Salesforce is a champion for equality and equity for all. It is important that we are partnering with a company that views equality as a core value.
Philanthropy - Salesforce has been committed to giving back since it was founded. Again, sharing the work with a partner that has strong values is an important business lever.
Training - hours and hours of free training exist at the click of a button. ANYONE can learn to administer Salesforce by using Salesforce Trailhead, their online training module.

Cons

Can be difficult to use and learn, particularly for administrators. Maintaining documentation is vital and is left to the organizational administrators without much advice from Salesforce. All the possibilities can be overwhelming for new users and administrators.

Rich O.

• Customer Support Software

I have found the SalesForce Platform to be robust beyond all possibilities. No match.

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Absolute enterprise situational awareness. We operate in a high-criticality, high-consequences, high-reliability industry; Critical Medical Aviation. We must be aware of a wide range of matters and be extremely well-synchronized in our efforts - aviation, safety, logistics, customer focus, innovation, marketing, communications, professional-development, succession planning - all these and more are managed across the Salesforce Platform. Our industry is responsible to provide individuals with the highest probability of a positive outcome when their survival is at high risk. The Salesforce platform is virtually on board each flight.

Pros

Form many years we used another CRM - that was just that - a CRM. Salesforce has become a platform capable of infinite applications and integrations. It requires an investment in funds - and yes - time. But anything of high-yield does. Key - is securing a solid company for the customization Salesforce Corporate does a fine job connecting with the best. I frankly am shocked that in today's world many organizations are still operating without robust CRM and synchronous applications. I would suggest to those about to embark on this - GO WITH SALESFORCE - the leader and don't waste precious time going through all kinds of demos with others. Bottom-line - Salesforce is ahead and keeps ahead and will continue to do so. This greatly lessens your risks, Just make the move then make the commitment to optimize the core capabilities.

Cons

It's an odd thing - but - what like least is; far too many capabilities. One can be overwhelmed and fixated on constantly wanting more. So - there's the good news - a company will probably never be able to keep up with the options available - it will never be limited - therefore Salesforce is aspirational and helps to drive growth. I believe the company will never stop keeping way ahead of what customers or prospects want. Just advise to master the basics and then progress.

John A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Salesforce is the standard

Reviewed on 2021-08-05

Pros

I like that salesforce is consistent and forces a process of managing leads and makes a common language. Salesforce also provides an EXCELLENT training hub through Trailhead. I have been using Salesforce since 2007, and it was 10x better then than the Daylight solution we were using. It has only gotten better over the past 13 years. I wish I had thought to invest back then.

Cons

I don't like that sales reps are limited in what they can see or change in terms of data or import leads. This is a process. The software and individual companies have solutions for duplicate checking, but for reps you can sometimes feel limited in terms of visibility on what to call, available leads, and why something is closed out. The success of Salesforce is wholly dependent on how well data is managed along with processes. They provide a framework. It's management's job to get it right and empower their representatives.

Aaron P.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

By Far the Best CRM Out There, However EXTREMELY Expensive

Reviewed on 2020-08-13

Mostly positive except for the nagging reminder of how much you're paying out of pocket to use it. It makes it difficult to justify a purchase.

Pros

As a financial advisor/insurance broker in a sales position, everything about the CRM is very well thought out.

To name a few:
- Communications with prospects and clients is EXTREMELY important (and must be charted for compliance and regulation). Salesforce does an impeccable job at streamlining the communications with your contacts and also ensuring that they are recorded appropriately within each contact page. This goes for calls, emails, and meetings.
- Sales process management is also vitally important. As a sales rep, I need to know at what stage each prospect is in the sales pipeline (especially when dealing with so many leads). The way Salesforce organizes this flow is intuitive and very easy to use. For example, they have a kanban feature that allows you to organize your deals as cards.
- The last thing I'll mention is that the CRM as a whole has a place for anything that you can think of. So if you feel you need to automate certain tasks, Salesforce has a way for you to set up a workflow. If you want to write a note about your client, it also has a place for you to do so. If you want to customize your CRM experience, Salesforce is flexible and will create a way for you to do so.

Cons

The ONLY drawback that I have with this software is that it's way too expensive for a solopreneur . For the functionality that I need, I'm forced to upgrade to a higher tier, which can cost several bills a month. Compared with other more cost-effective CRMS i.e. Zoho CRM (which provides a lot of the same functionality as Salesforce) Salesforce does not cater well to the small to medium sized businesses that are just starting out.

Maximilian W.

You will never be done implementing but it will still be useful

Reviewed on 2020-01-03

As the title suggests, you will never be "done" implementing Salesforce. It will be there and you can get use out of it very quickly but maintaining, extending, and customizing Salesforce will take up a significant amount of time.

Pros

Salesforce is a behemoth. Its various modules and the AppEx packages can do almost anything and almost any piece of enterprise software integrates with it quite well. On top of that Salesforce's Apex programming language lets you enhance and customize Salesforce to your hearts content. The sky is really the limit here.

Cons

Pretty much all of the pros result in cons as well. AppEx is great, but you will need to pay (usually quite a bit) for any piece of extra functionality which will quickly scale the cost of your Salesforce implementation up. Likewise all the built-in features and modules are great but can also be quite overwhelming and there is a very good change you will do things "wrong" without it coming back to haunt you months later. If you want to avoid that you can get a consultant to help you, which of course increases your implementation or maintenance cost.
Overall Salesforce is a great piece of enterprise software and costs accordingly.

HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Push by our sales team and integrations
David L.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Salesforce Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018-08-06

Sales CRM system provided by a large corporate company that doesn't care about its customers. I would never recommend this company and suggest they are avoided wherever possible.

Pros

The software provides excellent end to end sales support from initial leads to closing sales and managing the full process during production. If you take the time to set everything up from the start in the right way it will pay dividends in the future. There are too many best features to pick out but the powerful reporting is excellent.

Cons

The downside to Salesforce is the cost and lack of 'any' customer service once you have signed up. In fact, I would say that this company has provided one of the worst experiences I have had in 18 years of running my business. Having agreed a 5 year contract with them I wanted to add 2 additional users as my team grew. Once signed nobody received any notification to say this was now set up and ready to activate. Not an email, phone call or anything. Two months later I started to receive very demanding emails for late payment of an invoice. I spoke with an account manager who told me that I had to pay for the additional users whether they had been set up or not. I explained that I hadn't been shown how to do that or even told that they had been activated. I was told that was not heir problem. I have since received no further correspondence despite being told they are looking into it. Salesforce has now been switched off for ALL our users even though all other users are paid up to date and I am still awaiting a response from the accounts team at Salesforce. I was finally given access instructions on 20th July 2018, but Salesforce are demanding payment from May. If I was looking into a CRM again I would avoid Salesforce altogether and use another CRM simply due to their shocking customer service. Big corporate company with no time for small businesses!

Joshua M.
  • Industry: Printing

A Fantastic CRM Tool That is Built for Scale

Reviewed on 2019-04-07

There has been a large effort to bring Salesforce training into the forefront of our company's training goals. We have really invested significant resources into developing the tools and training plan for pushing the knowledge base to our admin employees. So far, I have really enjoyed the ability to navigate to team dashboards, track leads, and expenses. The application has been a great place to connect and share information as well. Tools like Salesforce chatter allow individuals across the world to collaborate and socialize within the app itself. Overall, my experience has been largely positive!

Pros

Salesforce is a fantastic and ever-expanding tool that helps businesses track important customer insights. Sales teams can create complex data management that enables them to better clarify leads, follow up on opportunities, and show the proper channels where sales dollars come from. Salesforce is highly collaborative and works well for teams both large and small. Contact management works well both for both internal partners and external customers. Salesforce is also highly customizable. One can set up Salesforce in a way that best fits the organization expectations and goals. Finally, the tool offers a lot of flexibility with regards setting up API's and integrations for utilizing other popular business tools. Salesforce does a lot of really great things to keep businesses moving forward.

Cons

I think the largest cons of Salesforce can be for smaller businesses. Typically, Salesforce is a rather expensive application per user. Additionally, due to the complexity, many small organization may not have the overall budget to dedicate to a Salesforce power user. The application itself is very expansive and requires a lot of onboarding and training in order to truly master the platform. Therefore, I would say that Salesforce is perfect for large operations - but I would be wary of the costs for smaller businesses.

Matthew C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

If Implemented Correctly

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

Pros

Salesforece.com is a powerful CRM platform. I am confident we have not taken full advantage of all its capabilities or the capabilities of its add-ons. It stores and tracks a lot of information.

Cons

Salesforce.com in and of itself is expensive. Implementation/customization is expensive. As a smaller company, it is hard to get the full value out of the platform. If you don't deploy it properly, it can actually be a hindrance to business processes.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Looking for better forecasting/CRM capabilities.

Catherine S.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Robust and reliable CRM

Reviewed on 2020-03-28

Salesforce gets the job done, period. I can log all of my customer support tickets and updates in granular detail, keep all of my customer and company contact records up to date, and have automated reports generated to keep track of my own metrics and keep my managers up to date. Definitely one of the most robust crm solutions I have ever used. Additionally, I like that Salesforce specifically makes itself a one-stop solution for full customer lifecycle tracking; marketing, pre-sales and customer support can all keep track of the information relevant to them in one centralized platform. This really helps bridge the gap between the pre-sales and the post-sales/customer success world.

Pros

I have gotten the most value out of the reporting features in Salesforce. I have a few metrics reports that I have set up to run automatically to show my weekly relevant activity. For example, in customer/technical support, I like to be able to see an overview of how many support tickets I am assigned, how long they have been open, and how often they are updated; Salesforce makes it really easy to get the relevant data I need in an easy to read format.

Cons

This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but because Salesforce is so customizable, sometimes it can get a little overly-complex depending on how much your organization wants to do with it. It may miss the mark if you are looking for more of a minimalist or simplistic crm. However, I’d say that the robust customization of features that Salesforce offers is why most folks opt to buy it in the first place.

Sloan M.

• Customer Support Software

SF has some incredible features and functionalities, but there are a number of hoops to jump...

Reviewed on 2017-12-12

Overall, I like Salesforce because I know it very well; however, if you are "shiny" new to CRM systems and development, I must say that Salesforce might not be the best "bang for your buck". Furthermore, if you are in the industrial and/or rental industry, SF requires an EXTREME amount of customization to tailor to business needs.

Pros

SF persists with continuous improvements/upgrades AND shared/voted "ideas" are regarded which is very positive; the user interface is fairly friendly and easy to use (based on the way you've structured your org); Process Builder is an incredible function within SF that was launched fairly recently - this was a game changer because it allows you to put developer-like functions in place WITHOUT coding

Cons

Hands-on, org-specific support is limited, if not, nonexistent - which can be frustrating when you cannot find your issue/problem via googling it; some of the limits on objects and fields prove VERY frustrated and unnecessary; SF1 (SF's mobile app) seems to be headed in the right direction, but as of now, most custom features and functionalities are VERY limited to the browser which is not helpful when you have a sales team constantly on the road - yes, they have a mobile app and it's promoted as free, but keep these restrictions in mind! Third Party Apps are less a convenience or helpful add-on and more of a necessity when using Salesforce - strictly sticking to the out-of-the-box org is VERY trying so keep this in mind in regards to your budget!

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

started off well as a saas CRM but there is too much to it now!

Reviewed on 2019-11-19

it was very good while it lasted and had some amazing direct calling experience through it.

Pros

Best CRM by far, has lots of automation and integrations with some of the finest apps in the market.

Cons

it was the best a few years back but the bigger the company grows the products outgrows the very reason it was first created. support and customisations is a problem

Vtiger CRM, SugarCRM and Agile CRM

company decision

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

we wanted a stable product and hence went ahead with the market leader
Kathryn C.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Strong CRM but not industry specific

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Overall we are happy and plan to renew. We recommend going to their conferences and webinars to learn from other users. It has been helpful in tackling problems or learning how to build higher ed work arounds.

Pros

Salesforce is the CRM used in admissions, in conjunction with TargetX which runs on the Salesforce platform. It has been a great tool for tracking our prospective students, communicating and creating tasks for staff. We use the TargetX application for making admissions decisions.

Cons

There is a fee per user which gets expensive if your staff grows. It is not specially designed for admissions and recruiting but work around a have been found. We’d like to be able to track school counselors and communicate with them via the crm but it’s not easy. Reporting hasn’t been as intuitive as we’d like but we understand we can add Pardor for an additional cost.

Ashley N.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent CRM for Sales and Marketing Teams!

Reviewed on 2018-07-05

Lead Tracking and Marketing Campaign Results! Great way for Marketing and Sales teams to work together to close deals and report on wins!

Pros

Salesforce is an industry standard and must have for most medium to enterprise companies. As a Field Marketing Manager I use Salesforce to track Marketing Qualified Leads and ensure the Sales Team is following up with the leads my marketing campaigns and events produce. I have used multiple marketing tools that integrate into Salesforce and the installation was fairly straight forward. I would not say I am power user of Salesforce but I know the basics. You will need a salesforce consultant or a developer to help with your organization with custom dashboards, report building and the initial setup - which can be very expensive depending on how much customization you require. Salesforce can be a great tool for businesses if you make sure all the data is clean and consistent. Make data fields mandatory for your Sales Team!

Cons

It can be complicated to learn and understand the functionality. You will need someone who knows what they are doing if you want customization. The licensing model can be expensive depending on how many seats you have. Also the Inside Sales Reps are relentless and constantly calling to try to sale you on Pardot (Marketing automation Salesforce acquired). So get ready for lots of sales calls for upgrades!

Larry C.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great Out of the Box Platform - Expensive for Custom Solutions

Reviewed on 2017-01-05

The software is great for coordination, tracking activity, tracking leads, reminders for follow-ups, and most everything you would ever want from a CRM. The platform is very expensive to use all the features that are typically in a homegrown system or a design from the ground up.

Salesforce does not work with you on implementing customization rather they rely on recommended third party contractors for this work. This is costly and can cause problems with implementation. Salesforce does not fully support the contractor, meaning that Salesforce is completely out of the loop on happenings with you and your contractor.

Being out of the box, you will have to customize the product as you need. There is a learning how to customize, so the more familiarity with database work the easier. However, some of the easier customizations are intuitive. Be careful, the less you pay, the less flexibility you will have.

The smaller the company the more expensive this tool will be without somebody on staff who knows the ins and outs of the software. Overall the software is a really powerful tool that can help improve your sales performance. Just know up front that you will spend a lot of time and resources on getting the product to be what you need.

Pros

This is a very powerful tool and has many options for usage much like SAP. Awesome relationship style connections that allow keeping everybody in the loop. Easy for end users to use.

Cons

Difficult to implement the way you want the software to work. Costs a lot of money and time for customizations.

Jorge V.

• Customer Support Software

The CRM of choice if you serious about growing your business

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

Great experience, have tried a number of other CRM solutions over the year this one is by far the most complete solution

Pros

I like everything about Salesforce, mostly the endless integrations it has to offer with non native solutions not to mention the all around tools/solution that work with it ex: salesforce marketing cloud

Cons

Our only complain about salesforce is pricing and somewhat complex licensing structure but you pay for what you get.

Andy S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Our business uses this software mainly for finding new business opportunities.

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Get insights like opportunities using the software's Opportunity Management. Get a full view of the customer, such as activity history, communications, discussions, and social mentions using the Contact Management. Tracking deals and looking for competitive information is easier with the Sales Collaboration module. Likewise, the Sales Performance Management lets you set metrics-based goals and amplify winning performances of sales reps to motivate a healthy competition in the team.

Pros

Our business department uses this software because of the opportunities using the software's Opportunity Management. Get a full view of the customer, such as activity history, communications, discussions, and social mentions using the Contact Management. Tracking deals and looking for competitive information is easier with the Sales Collaboration module. Likewise, the Sales Performance Management lets you set metrics-based goals and amplify winning performances of sales reps to motivate a healthy competition in the team.

it also offers many more useful features such as track clicks, create campaigns, and automate the whole process to generate quality leads and cut the sales cycle. The Lead Management, Marketing Automation, Sales Data, and Partner Management apps allow you to create a systematic pipeline from lead to conversion.

it will accelerate production on the field or at the office. Log calls, reply to hot leads, or work opportunities in real time.

Cons

Like any software it has its own quirks. Sometimes you have to go through multiple steps to get to the screen you want to use.