Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

Sarah
Sarah

Salesforce - Marketing & Lead Gen

Reviewed on 2020-07-24

We are using Salesforce to streamline new business leads and nurture leads into actual sales. We are able to analyze, vet, engage, and track the progress of the new leads we receive from our Facebook lead gen ads. Salesforce integrates directly into Facebook's Business Manager and automatically imports new leads in real-time. We are also able to see the cost per lead acquired and other rich insights from our Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that get directly populated into our dash.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the most powerful and sophisticated CRMs available. The onboarding process and demos with the reps were exceptionally helpful. The reps really took time to understand our CRM needs, our workflow process, and how we can best utilize/adopt Salesforce into our new business department to grow revenue and track progress. The tool is completely customizable and has very advanced marketing integrations within the cloud. The ability to track leads and history (who followed up and when) and add notes and assign leads to specific people makes the entire workflow so much more efficient. It's worth the price tag if you take advantages of the features.

Cons

We wish the marketing cloud add on wasn't so expensive. There are many tools available that offer the same features such as Sprout Social and Hubspot. However, the price was a little steep for the $6,000. I also wish pricing was a bit more transparent. The discounts and contract lengths have been very inconsistent in our experience.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Much more advanced features for large scale lead gen needs.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Great reviews and exceptional customer service/reps.
Audrey
Audrey

• Customer Support Software

The robust and efficient database facilitates contact with customers

Reviewed on 2023-08-21

I really appreciate how flexible the system is, as each of our business segments has very specific needs. By deploying our Salesforce administrators and developers on every project, we can provide value to every sales team.

Pros

The dashboard is my favorite part of Salesforce Sales Cloud. Its cheery hue helped us forget about the quotas we were supposed to meet. I can also attest to its ease of usage. I was concerned that there would be a lot of fields to fill out, but the system's auto-population feature quickly put my mind at ease.

Cons

I wouldn't call it a complaint because every system has its quirks, but Salesforce's slow performance is occasionally frustrating. Given the limitations of our network and the sheer quantity of people using the internet, I suppose it is to be expected.

Sangram

• Customer Support Software

Best sales management software I have ever used

Reviewed on 2024-03-25

For our team, Salesforce Sales Cloud has been a success. It resembles a contact organizer on steroids with incredible power. All in one location, we are able to handle deals, track leads, and communicate easily. Salesforce even assists us in projecting future sales and pinpointing areas in need of development. Although there was some initial setup required, the increased productivity and favorable effect on our sales pipeline made the effort worthwhile.

Pros

Salesforce's Sales Cloud is revolutionary. With all of our customer data and pipelines in one location, it helps keep my sales team focused and organized. Because of the simple tracking and automated tools, we've closed more business. Strongly advised!

Cons

For our sales team, Salesforce Sales Cloud has been an excellent CRM. Everything is kept arranged and readily available, including contacts and deal stages. The mobile app allows us to stay on top of things while on the go, and the automated tools save a ton of time. Getting the team used to the UI was the only minor learning curve, but other than that, it was very easy to take up.

Brent W
Brent W

• Customer Support Software

Greats software for CRM but expensive and hard to impliment

Reviewed on 2021-04-23

My overall experience was frustrating and the lack of support only clouded the quality of the product. When we ask for support we were told we had to go to a third party to get any help on our implementation. This was not clearly communicated when we were sold the software.

Pros

Saleforce is the standard for the industry and has a price tag to match. When we implements Sales force we had 2 sales people and 6 PM’s that used it. The customization and automation where fantastic features and of great benefit. The sales to customer success migration was also a valuable feature for us.

Cons

The software was expensive and the sales person made licensing sales complicated and confusing. Once we were sold on the software our sales person disappeared and we had another rep who basically said deal with what you have. We wanted to change our model around but at the time Salesforce did not let us do this. We let the license expire and moved to another product

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We wanted a more professional solution that would help both sales but also customer success

The customization
Ethan
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Product for Data Driven Users

Reviewed on 2024-02-09

Pros

Great organization of everything you could think of. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Services you name it. Your whole company can operate out of salesforce.

Cons

Implementation and set up can behard if you do not know your processes very well.

Buildertrend and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Limitations in both of those CRMs. Insightly was cross object reporting and RJR was setting up custom fields for an industry that organization is not familiar with.

Insightly

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

All companys first make a Salesforce integration before any other CRM
Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Industry: Events Services

SALESFORCE IS AWESOME FOR SALES TEAMS

Reviewed on 2024-02-15

Pros

You can see everything; you can document emails, calls, sending them messages from marketing if they call and ask about it

Cons

Lot of manual and special objects for migration

HubSpot Sales Hub and Lead Liaison

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cmpro was terrible and should never be used

CMPRO

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Tied into everything easier because there were already patches and apps
Pragnesh
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Salesforce Sales Cloud to manage customer support

Reviewed on 2024-03-25

Overall, the experience of using Salesforce Sales Cloud is positive. We have been using it for some time now and always learning new and powerful features it offers that could increase efficiency of our operations. It is expensive but does come with its benefits.

Pros

History tracking and status updates alongside security feature of Salesforce Sales Cloud. History tracking enables to continue the work when key people are out of office and status updates helps to track any execution gaps. From customer side, as their activities are not visible to other due to secure access, they are relived.

Cons

Pricing is too high and the developers are also expensive. To roll out any new feature, a lot of testing needs to happen before it goes to production.

Emily
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Salesforce for tracking purposes

Reviewed on 2024-05-20

Positive experience. I definitely think there is still a lot to learn, but there are various helper videos and support to guide me on any queries I face.

Pros

User friendly and adaptable. The ability to customise reports and select various visualisations make presenting much easier. It is widely used between various teams in our company and it's functionalities meet everyones needs.

Cons

Some users find the interface less intuitive compared to newer solutions. It takes time to get the hang on building reports, but once you know how, it is straightforward process.

• Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

great service

Reviewed on 2024-04-04

Pros

love how easy it is to manage and to use gets the job done fast

Cons

nothing really its great to use nothing is wrong about it

• Industry: Accounting Software

Great for Consumer Database

Reviewed on 2024-05-15

Overall good but I am also aware that this tool costs us a lot of money, even for maintaining.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see many details for each consumer at very granular level.

Cons

I do not like the complexity of the tool

Arlene
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Industry Standard

Reviewed on 2019-11-20

I have tried other tools, including Hubspot to use as a CRM and nothing compares to the functionality and reporting you receive from SFDC.

Pros

It is a great tool to track and analyze all sales and marketing data. It has plenty of customization and integrations available.

Cons

SFDC has a mind of its own, you need to know what you are doing if you are an administrator, however that doesn't mean you can't learn. Currently, not all functionality is available in Lightnighting (we use lightning and I keep being sent back to classic to fix some stuff).

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Hubspot was okay at best, but didn't track nor show data as effectively nor efficiently as we needed.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I have used SFDC for years now, and have yet to encounter a product that is as useful, organized, and effective as Salesforce.com is.
Jared
Jared

This CRM Can Do Anything

Reviewed on 2019-12-11

I wish I had known about it's capabilities a long time ago because we would've switched to it for onboarding much sooner. I didn't realize you could create custom objects that could tie to an account record and setup virtually as many fields as you needed.

Pros

Our onboarding team uses Salesforce for onboarding new customers. It allows us to track communications, activities, mark task that have been completed and create reports and dashboards to show how accounts are progressing through the onboarding process. Salesforce is the best in class tool when it comes to customization and trackability. We can setup whatever fields we need and collect whatever data we need based on various workflows. You can also create automated tasks.

Cons

Salesforce is a bit clunky and slow at times. We had to have training by a Salesforce expert to implement the systems we needed, so I wouldn't say it's very user-friendly (but that's expected when you have such a robust system).

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We looked at Trello for project management for awhile, but it didn't have the reporting and automated tasks we needed. Wasn't very customizable.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We looked at Monday.com for project management, but due to the fields, workflows, automated tasks and overall functionality we were looking for, Salesforce was much more customizable for our needs.
Ryan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Must have PhD to Operate

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

In general, I am satisfied. I am able to hold my contacts and all of their information securely and access them with ease. Outside of simple features and regular access, Salesforce can and will be very frustrating to the average or even above average computer user.

Pros

Salesforce is EXTREMELY customizable with more features and possibilities than any single company could ever dream of utilizing. It does very well as a name brand CRM system because of this very reason but companies must be well aware that utilizing these features will come at a heavy monetary cost.

Cons

Branching off what I liked about Salesforce, there is also a dark side to endless features and customization; there are so many options and features it's nearly or absolutely impossible to teach yourself how to set up and use Salesforce for your company without taking professional lessons or hiring someone from Salesforce to do this for you.

monday.com and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Luckily, we had a Salesforce Certified team member that was able to take the reigns and guide us through getting started and teaching us all how to do basic tasks that were seemingly impossible without instruction. We needed a broad range of features and Salesforce at the time was the right choice.

• Customer Support Software

May the SalesFORCE be with you!

Reviewed on 2020-12-17

Salesforce is a game-changer for our organization. We've reported out on items that previously we hadn't in years. There's very little manual effort now as we have so many triggers setup for automation.

Pros

Without Salesforce our organization simply would not be able to function as quickly as we do now. We have so many automation processes and workflows setup that has saved us a lot of time. We use this platform across 15 departments in our organization, and it continues to grow. Everyone who sees the benefits of this great CRM... asks for User licenses... it's that good. We love the Contact Management, Lead-> Opportunity tracking and most importantly the Reports and Dashboards!

Cons

Salesforce can be pricey especially as it grows within an organization, so that would be the one setup. However, they do offer a Non-Profit Starter pack that I'd recommend small non-profit organizations to look into.

Zoho CRM and Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce was true cloud based and has dominated the market. We felt it's time for us to join the cloud movement.

Zoho CRM and Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce seemed to be the Enterprise leader and due to the open-API features, it was a no brainer to move forward.
utkarsh
utkarsh

One shot solution for Business to maintain Sales and Leads

Reviewed on 2021-09-26

Experience with salesforce is amazing as it is a place where you get to implement all the out of box functionalities and provide a great solution to the business. The automation tool have made most of the task very easy and in a organized way.
Lightning Components are developed which can display and capture the data from the user which is great .
Most of the things can be done using standard functionalities and if not then we can use apex classes to implement business logic and using that there is no limits in salesforce you can do whatever implementation you can think of .

Pros

Salesforce service cloud a complete package of solution to the business or industry which has there product and sales , Leads , Campaigns etc are included .
There are out of the box functionality which helps the business with multiple automation tools etc.
There are standard object such as Campaigns , Trade Shows , Leads, Pricebook etc which can directly be used to store the data . There are tools of salesforce such as workflowes , process builder , flows which are used to automate things such as record update or sending a email to the client automatically.
We can build lightning components which can be used as a User Interface by the client to add the details and interested area.
Leads can be generated through multiple campaigns where a client login and shows interest in some products . Those leads are assigned to a queue or a particular team using Lead assignment rules so that they can work on it and convert the Lead .
Salesforce is a cloud based technology so it is available with you wherever you go . The data will be stored in Salesforce itself and there is no chance to lose data of clients .
Overall its a great package provided by Salesforce to large business to make things easy for them.

Cons

The lightning experience is really slow as compared to Classic . it usually takes time to reload the website as it is totally cloud based technology .
They cn much better work on the user interface to make it real quick as loading the Lightning Components and web components takes time to load .
The mobile experience on Tabs is not that great and can be improved.

Microsoft Azure and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Because specific to sales this tool provides a complete package . And increasing use of salesforce new features are daily getting added . Overall it is much advanced than any other tool.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

All your sales and marketing needs under one umbrella

Reviewed on 2022-05-17

Brought in a lot of clarity in forecasting sales and lead volumes
Made data storing organized. It...

Brought in a lot of clarity in forecasting sales and lead volumes
Made data storing organized. It is our one-stop-shop for all sales and marketing-related information

Pros

Helps maintain account and lead level data connected (hyperlinked)
Easy storage of every information at all stages of the sales funnel
Intuitive reporting and dashboard

Cons

High price
Complicated implementation
Customer support is not as great as HubSpot

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Hubspot reporting and dashboarding were too poor. It did not give us a clear picture of where we were in terms of our quota achievement.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

It was purely the management decision and external referral
Amanda
Amanda

• Customer Support Software

For sales it is an excellent CRM tool

Reviewed on 2023-08-24

I've found it to be quite useful for prospecting, and I imagine that eventually every salesperson will be seeking for a platform as user- and maintenance-friendly as this one. The biggest issue that salesforce has helped me with is keeping track of and documenting all of the potential clients that are interested in purchasing our goods.

Pros

I enjoy how Salesforce Sales cloud shows me the status of every deal in progress. Potentially lucrative transactions can be monitored and sorted by me. I can enter work and then generate unique reports.

Cons

It ended up costing our company a lot of money. that was the main cause for alarm. However, it had excellent functionality. Data entry can be a burden at times.

Elena
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

SalesForce: very powerful, but make sure you're ready!

Reviewed on 2018-11-28

We're a union, so we have a little bit of a different situation than a lot of businesses who use Salesforce, but it's been incredibly helpful in allowing us to build an internal leadership structure where we can show the relationships between our members. It has also allowed us to track member activity & engagement in some very powerful ways, and to track the work of our organizers and representatives.

Pros

Really allows you to track your customers/clients/members/leads and see the arc of their interaction with your organization. If you also use something like Pardot to manage emails and online forms, it will give you a complete life timeline for the individual and how they have interacted with you. Allows you to create a journey & experience based on their interactions with you and to give quick follow-up when someone shows signs of life.

The only caveat here is that you have to be ready to use it. That means more than just having people trained in how to use the interface, but making sure everyone is on board for how this kind of data can and SHOULD inform and change how you interact with your clientele. If you're used to getting back to people within 24 hours, you need to be ready to shift that to 20 minutes. If you're used to treating everyone the same, you'd better be ready to create drip/nurture programs based on behavior.

If you aren't ready to use it to its full capacity, it isn't worth the investment, but if you are able to use it the way it's meant to be used, it's incredibly powerful.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and I know that I still have barely scratched the surface of what I could be able to do, but I don't have time to devote to just learning SalesForce when it's not my core job. Definitely recommended for larger orgs where you can have a team devoted to support. Also, I hate the way they continually try to sell you new add-ons to the core product.

Jay

• Customer Support Software

Save your time and money!

Reviewed on 2020-03-10

We signed a Salesforce contract for Lightening Cloud Enterprise edition at $1500 per seat almost three years ago. We get SOME value out of it. However it is like being a non-pilot and being plunked into the cockpit of a 747. Yikes. Seriously. And we have consistent duplicate contact issues that SF wants to charge us to fix. Really? The sales person who sold us Enterprise laughed all the way to cash her commission check. We have five seats...so not a big fish for them. We foolishly paid for "Premier Support" at $187 / mo. Even with Premier, you have to submit a ticket and then wait (usually within 24 hours) to get a call back. Tough if you have a 911 issue. Then we added insult to injury: we bought a Pardot license almost two years ago. If you are reading this and considering Pardot, SAVE YOUR MONEY. Unless of course you have a full in-house development staff that can run it. We use Drip now for a fraction the cost, it has all the functionality, is easy to use (point and click mostly - no developers) and it integrated with our Magento store without a sophisticated API. To be fair SF helped us reinvigorate our retail sales effort (we were WS primarily). But at great cost and with limited functionality. SF could be OK, but be warned it requires a lot of training and / or technical expertise to leverage it fully. It is a legacy platform and cannot adapt easily. Pardot was a complete waste of time and money. As stated we've already moved off Pardot. We will be leaving SF as soon a

Pros

Salesforce has good functionality (if your team has a developer or VERY tech savvy person).
Salesforce Pardot - nothing.

Cons

Salesforce is a legacy platform: EXPENSIVE, complicated, not easy to learn or fully leverage. Pardot same - it requires a developer or "Salesforce Pardot Partner" to actually create (more properly code) your campaigns.

• Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Salesforce is your one-stop shop for all your sales and marketing needs

Reviewed on 2022-03-03

It is a cloud-based CRM solution One of the greatest CRM systems available today is Salesforce CRM, and it truly is the best. An application designed to help with service management, marketing, or sales. Everything we do revolves around that. Previously, we've used various applications to provide our customers and accounts with a complete picture. Because of this, the manner we conduct business with our customers has changed. We can easily track and send out orders to our consumers because it's so simple! My favorite feature is how simple it is to use and how many devices it can connect to at once. It is used by many people to obtain training and education from several sources. It records everything that happens around it.

Pros

Salesforce CRM is one of the top customer management systems in the world right now. Because it reduces the amount of labor our employees must complete, this platform ultimately benefits our company's efficiency. This platform appeals to me due to its ease of use and appealing user interface. To make it even easier to use, personalizing this platform is a crucial part of the process. The slick dashboard displays the data in the most effective way possible for each section. With a few mouse clicks, even I can rapidly create my dashboard. We can maintain track of the company's growth and sales with the help of attractive and eye-catching reports.
Changes may be made quickly and easily, and integration and deployment can be completed in a flash as well. I had no issues incorporating "DocuSign eSignature" and "Skype for Business" into my job. This platform is comfortable for me at work, and I use it every day.

Cons

- If Salesforce isn't used effectively, it can hurt a company's growth and development. This isn't a usability issue, but I believe that Salesforce should consult with all its customers about the unique units they require and make the system more extensible as the company expands.
- More thought and planning are needed to make announcing more natural, as well as to value the equipment. If the dashboards were simpler to read, the interface would be more intuitive. Additional features, such as the ability to alter reports, would be welcome. The customer who made the record may no longer be with us. You can't make modifications to a record if the record owner is changed by an administrator.

Erica

• Customer Support Software

Pricey, but worth it! Helps manage project and client progress and deadlines so you move...

Reviewed on 2018-02-27

Salesforce really helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks. It provides a single, organized location for everything from personal notes about potential clients, to the ability to track potential profit.

Pros

Very customizable! With a good admin, you can set up Salesforce to collect, display, and track exactly what your team needs to know, with customized levels of visibility and access. I've used Salesforce for healthcare clients all the way to public school clients - Salesforce helps make sure that any client or contract can go from a "potential" to a reality by helping keep track of communication, notes, deadlines, and where projects are stagnating.

For teams and execs who don't have time to drill down into the details, the ability to customize and create reports with graphics is fantastic. You can create a snapshot of where members of your sales teams are at (profit, conversions, potential money on the line, number of stalled projects, etc.) - a great tool for motivating your team and helping decide where to invest your energy.

If you don't have time to run reports every day, you can customize your home screen to automatically see the follow-up reminders, graphs, and data that's applicable to your position and your priorities.

Cons

Salesforce's customization options simultaneously can be its best and worst feature. If your admin doesn't set up required fields, report parameters, and access settings, Salesforce can be an absolute nightmare for everyone on the team. If something feels "clunky" or "broken," it's probably in your settings, and not in the software.

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Our company has been using Salesforce for around 2 years now and I can say it served our needs...

Reviewed on 2018-05-14

It keeps good track of our candidates and clients discussions over a period of time which helps us get back from where the last conversation had ended. A good account information as well with 360-view of information. Tools operate much of some famous social networking sites and could be considered as an easy-navigating platform.

Pros

A platform that offers sales management, customer service, marketing automation and partner relationship management. It is a c cloud-based CRM solution, Salesforce gives you anywhere, anytime, access to your business data, even from mobile devices. This platform helped us streamline our process and logged our conversation with each of our clients/candidates keeping track of the discussion history and knowing where we left at. It has a good contact management system that allows the users to store a lot more information like account/client details, addresses, other available information which allows a good account info overview. The Dashboard is customizable and can fit to what their client needs and requires for the specific process. It's an easy to navigate software especially for those who had been into cloud-based platform before.

Cons

The complexity of its features sometimes are not being exhausted/maximized by small-scale businesses and could get overwhelming at times. Pricing may be a bit high for a small company especially if they want something that is more customizable. For our team, it took us a while to navigate the platform fully and think of was on how to customize the platform based on our needs. Knowing what is already available for us and what can be considered for the future is something that we get to deep dive over the course of months and a lot of collaboration and dicussion with the team. Reporting issues might be a bit hard in terms of knowing who is responsbile for certain technical glitch if its Salesforce folks themselves or some app that links to it.

Joannie

• Customer Support Software

It's the most popular CRM for a reason!

Reviewed on 2023-09-18

Overall after five years of usage we are very satisfied with Salesforce. We were able to automate most business processes; our employees can now focus on their job, not on data entry. Our database is robust, fully integrated, and used by most departments, from marketing to customer success to finance. Problems are quickly fixed and easy to report, support is knowledgeable, and the community is awesome.

Pros

Salesforce is the #1 CRM for a reason: it's robust, highly customizable, integrates with a million other software and apps, and there's just about a product for every customer's use case. In the five years we've used it, we've gone from a very basic, low-users (sales only) plan to an Enterprise plan used by every but one of our company's departments. It's absolutely core to our business.One of the things I appreciate the most is how customizable it is. The custom field limits on every object are very high. The Flow feature allows for extremely powerful automation, without any code. (I'm an accountant by trade and I managed to program everything with just a bit of help from a consultant and Salesforce support.) Salesforce regularly offers webinars, ask an expert sessions, and the help database is huge - both Salesforce's and blogs outside of it. If I can't find an answer to something, the Trailblazer community will usually provide it within a couple of days. The self-training platform is constantly updated and the modules are highly valuable, especially when you start out. There's always a ton of new features deployed with every update (three times a year!). Finally, the AppExchange market is massive, with apps ranging from free to pricey that you can download and try out. We use a few apps developed by third parties that fix an annoyance we had with the system and work very well.

Cons

As with all software-as-a-service models, Salesforce can become pricey, fast. Every time you want to add a new add-on, price is calculated per user. Some of them allow for a limited number of licenses so you don't have to buy one for every user; other modules force you to pay for all users, no matter if they'll use it or not. Even for some third party add-ons, you have to purchase both a subscription to whatever software you want to use, plus pay a fee to integrate with Salesforce. They become more flexible with pricing at the end of their fiscal year, but they're quite rigid otherwise, and forget about ever diminishing your number of user licenses!

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Salesforce doesn't lack the power, but suffers in process flow and visuals

Reviewed on 2020-03-17

Interactions with Support at the time were forced. In terms of Ease of use: I believe the tool was fairly simple to follow when used consistently. The lead and contact managment elements of the tool were very strong and nuanced. From generating new leads, connecting them to an email campaign, nurturing the leads to the next stages of the cycle and then converting the leads into customers. For us, selling software, converting them to clients and then using Salesforce to track the implementation and consulting component was crucial. Salesforce did a wonderful job and reducing duplication. I definitely was able to handle more volume of prospects with Salesforce and direct my attention and activities to the highest value. And that is the point of the Sales side of a CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is a fantastic option for larger businesses that need powerful sales and service functionality within an integrated environment. I was just one team member of many, but I believe the tracking ability of a robust pipeline of prospects and the tools available to capture, recall, execute and update records through an elongated sales process allowed me to be more effective and efficient with my client time. Salesforce brags on its sales, marketing, and analytics toolset and in general these did not disappoint. The drill-down capabilities from the analytics dashboards were useful. Also, the ability to tie your email correspondence with prospects to quickly recall your last interaction was critical.

Cons

The internal tools for messaging and communication appeared archaic to me and almost always circumvented in favor of our own favorited instant messaging and posting platforms. The design of the data input screens was oddly spaced and placed. It wasn't the best flow when capturing info. However, admittedly, the platform allowed for great automation in the workflow and setup of custom fields. I don't believe my company spent the time evaluating the best use of the tool. And so my advice is to get a good definition of your processes and standards so that you can utilize Salesforce to the fullest.

Eric
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Average usability - management focused

Reviewed on 2015-02-27

Pros

It does the basics. It tracks contacts and opportunities, and the basic reporting seems to work ok. On my phone I use the Classic Sales Force app, and it is fine for contacts, recording some activities and logging phone calls. And yes, it is convenient to have this accessible on the web from any device I may have on me.

Cons

The account setup workflow is not very good. Entering a new account with contact, activity and opportunity info is very clunky. You enter the basic account info- address, phone and whatever account flags but then you have to save the info and then go into Contacts. Then you have to go into Activities, then into Opportunities. This may sound silly, but when you are asked to do this for every account, the extra clicks are tiresome and inefficient. It should flow directly from account info to contacts to activities to Opportunities with minimal clicks and maximum efficiency. Again, one of those indicators that this is not focused on the actual user but rather the manager who wants reports.

The contact association is just awful. When you are in a specific account and enter an activity, there is a spot to associate a contact name with the activity. he "awful" comment is that if you input an individual's name in the field, and there happen to be similar names in Salesforce in other accounts, it will force you to look at them all and make sure you have the right name with the right account instead of limiting its search to the account you are in. This takes additional clicks and time thereby adding to inefficiency and time waste which is contrary to the point of this type of program.

The Contacts section is challenged as well. If you are in a contact within an account but now need to view another contact within that same account, it is not possible to simply move to a list of the account contacts and choose your next contact to work with. You must go out to the main account screen and then go back into the contacts section. Again, this is disappointing due to the inefficiency and lack of focus on the day-to-day user.

Another disappointment is the rigidity of the system. Specifically, there is no free-form To-Do list. Everything must be linked to an activity or event of some kind. While this is understandable to a degree, everyone (well maybe there are a few exceptions out there) has some to-do's that will fall into the free-form realm. So without it, the choice to simply find one more app to work with for those, or maybe use paper or a notebook.

Regarding support - I used to be able to call in and ask questions. That has now been changed and the last time I tried I was unsuccessful in contacting a human being on the phone. Very disappointing.

We sell copiers and equipment belonging to each account is recorded within salesforce. To get a report on the equipment related to a particular account is almost impossible to do. In spite of the claims made by Salesforce that if something is recorded in Salesforce then it can be reported on, i would say "maybe, sometimes."

Finally, I use the Salesforce classic mobile app on my Android phone. When looking up contacts it doesn't just pull up my Salesforce contacts, it access all of my contacts. It's very messy when you are looking for a contact in Salesforce.