When I Work

Staff scheduling, time tracking, communication & attendance

4.5 /5 (859 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Deceptive & misleading pricing practices, little integration, but certainly quite slick.

Reviewed on 2017-04-04

Pros

Looks slick, appears to offer a lot (which it does, at a cost, see below...)

Customer support is very responsive - live chat, email, etc. I may not like their answers (see below) but I can't fault their timely attention, their patience, their attentiveness.

Cons

1. Pricing Practices

The page at wheniwork.com/pricing says nothing, just that schedulling is free for less than 75 employees (and anything over is a "contact us for enterprise" price, which is fine). Great, I think, I'll sign up, start working with it.

Glad I didn't invest much time. I set up a few employees, downloaded the apps, started working out the wrinkles. And after a few hours of looking, and testing, and reading, it looks good, but...

...then I discover that basic features like scheduling more than 10 days ahead (!) are paid-for. So is time tracking. Etc. That's ok to charge, but not ok to deceive - and there's *no* simple way right now to see a comparison of features and costs before getting signed-up.

And this is not a small bump. You can't bolt-on a little extra. To get a proper working app, the minimum number of users they offer 20 minimum and the time attendance module adds something like 50% on top.

But really it is transparency and deceptive practices that have *really* turned me against this product in a *very* short period of time - and that is *very* sad. If they'd allowed me to choose up front to devote my time, great; but they didn't.

I had to ask support what "long-term scheduling" meant (that being something not included in the free plan). That means more than 10 days... No other warning of that, that I could see. I feel deceived.

2. App Reliability

Others have mentioned glitches. I started working with the iPhone app - it stopped working for some tasks. I contacted support who said it was restricted to my account only, and they would get their developers to look at it. So I stopped using the iPhone app. My wife's Android phone wouldn't recognise her (valid) phone number when accepting a request to log in. So 2 strikes there. Your mileage may vary.

3. Limited Integrations

A few years ago, WIW posted on their Facebook page that they used Xero. Some commented then - why no integration? No answer. Years later, still no integration with Xero. No Zapier integration, either.

The cynic might think that WIW gets kick-backs / referral fees / bonusnes from Quick Books, Gusto, etc. which is why they're the (very limited) integration "partners". There's an API of course, if I had time.

Again, I'd forgive that for a free / cheap deal. But it isn't a free / cheap deal *for a working scheduling solution* - a schedule that doesn't reach into next week is *not* a working schedule.

So, yes, I'm annoyed. I feel like I've wasted my time. I feel like I've been deceived. I feel like I signed-up and invested time based upon what is almost a lie. And that sucks - not least because it was so needless. The product isn't awful, the pricing (whilst I may not like it) isn't the worst out there. The limitations are limitations, but every product has some.

And that, really, is sad.

The silver lining is that the free plan only launched yesterday. So perhaps they'll think again about the offering. And my experience is unlikely to be the same as that people had before me. But it is what it is today - so much so that I've signed-up for GetApp just to leave this review.

Response from When I Work, Inc.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry this is not a more personalized response but it appears you have not listed your name, title or company in your GetApp review.

As you said, we did just launch our free plan. We hope that many small businesses, including those like you in the apparel and fashion industry, will find value in being able to schedule their employees 10 days in advance and notify them electronically rather than printing out Excel spreadsheets that require their employees to come into a physical location to see their schedule or call a coworker who is currently working to find out when their next shifts will be. As with any new launch, we will continue to try to improve and appreciate your honest and thoughtful feedback about the pricing and how it was displayed to you. Our intention is certainly not to deceive or mislead our customers or potential customers.

We are glad to know that despite your perception of the product and its pricing, our Customer Support did what they do best and answered your questions in a timely and attentive manner.

Have a nice day,
Customer Success @ When I Work

Stephanie P.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Very Satisfied User

Reviewed on 2020-10-07

I enjoy that the employees can verify their hours themselves and also put in their time requests. It's also convenient for the employees to be able to add notes regarding why they need an adjustment on their time sheet. I find that When I Work is very user friendly and that really helps my employees and I.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of being able to track employee time sheets. When I Work is very user friendly for both the administrator and users. I also am very impressed with the customer service department when I reached out to them regarding upgrading ny services and they were very helpful with recommending what would best suit the needs of both the employer and staff.

Cons

It was a little difficult for the employees to get used to the change of software that was being used for payroll, however, that is no fault of When I Work. Change can be difficult and hard to remember at times.

Response from When I Work

Hi Stephanie -

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us!

I'm thrilled to hear that our Timesheets and features have been so helpful for you and your team! It's awesome to hear that our Customer Care team has been able to assist and be so helpful as well, thank you so much for letting us know!

If you, or your team have questions at anytime, we're here to help!

Again, thanks for this awesome 10/10 review!

Liz E.

Fantastic Tool!

Reviewed on 2019-04-17

I will never go back to the old way. When I Work has revolutionized my work day.

Pros

I have numerous staff working different jobs at different locations. Previously I was using Excel to schedule them all. Keeping track of days off and their class schedules was next to impossible. Letting the staff request time off and set their availability streamlined the process drastically. Since switching to When I Work my time spent scheduling has been greatly reduced. The mobile app is very helpful for my employees. The ability to designate positions is also very valuable. A large portion of my staff work in a child care setting so there are rules about qualifications necessary for each shift. I can designate which staff have which qualifications so that only eligible staff can be scheduled for a specific shift.

Cons

I don't believe I have any cons. Occasionally when they change or update something it will cause an issue. I contact their customer service and it is corrected immediately.

Response from When I Work

Hi Liz -

Thank you for this amazing 5 star review!

I'm so happy to hear that the features and options we offer meet many of your business needs and make your job easier!

Availability is one of my favorite features we offer since it helps managers get more time back and empowers employees to manage their time!

Thank you again for this great review!

Stephanie H.

• Customer Support Software

Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

Reviewed on 2019-02-28

We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!

Pros

We love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.

Cons

So far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

Response from When I Work

Hello Stephanie -

Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board!

We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations!

In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered!

Brenda R.

• Customer Support Software

The software you didn't know you needed

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

Overall, I am satisfied with the software. I especially love that they incorporated a lunch break feature and even rolled out the live time clock to help you track your lunch!

Pros

I've been using WhenIWork for about 3 1/2 years now and the best feature that I enjoy about this software is that I can utilize my phone to track my clock-ins and outs. I travel a bit for my job and being able to clock in at any time without having to jump on a computer is great!

Cons

I love that it gives me a notification when I have an upcoming shift or when I haven't clocked into a shift yet (something you simply forget) but WhenIWork always sends me a notification that I haven't clocked out even when I have clocked out from a shift. I am not sure why it recognizes that I have clocked out but still sends me a notification that I haven't done so. It might just be a personal problem though.

Response from When I Work

Hi Brenda -

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share feedback with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the ease of using the app on the go with tracking your time! We're really glad our features like mobile clock in and breaks are so helpful for you!

If you're running into an issue with your notifications, feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thank you so much for the review!

Sarah B.

• Customer Support Software

When I Work was a game changer for our scheduling needs

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

This is a very user friendly software. We are able to quickly create, edit, and distribute schedules to our large staff. We love that the staff can quickly submit time off requests, send us messages about their schedules, and even drop/swap shifts if necessary, within moments of the schedule being published.

Cons

When I Work is a very proactive company, and they make software updates often. The only bad thing about this is that it can some time for us to adjust to changes that are made, and occasionally there are small glitches. But overall, I would say I am more satisfied that they are proactive in expanding what the software can do, than I am disappointed in these occasional issues.

Response from When I Work

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for the review!

That is awesome to hear When I Work was a game changer for your team and that you are enjoying the ease of creating shifts and the time off and communication features too.

I appreciate your honesty about the software updates. We want to make sure we are meeting your needs so if you have any suggestions about how we can make the update process better for you and your team or if are any issues you would like us to look into, please contact us at [email protected] We appreciate your feedback and are happy to help!

Sincerely,
Cara
- When I Work Team

Jamie L.

• Customer Support Software

Okay for micro-busineses but does not scale well, integrates poorly, and suffers from bad...

Reviewed on 2021-04-14

The company only offers support by Chat or Email - there is no way to get someone on the phone. I did not realize this when signing up, and find it a maddening waste of time when you have a real problem to solve (and you will have problems!)

Pros

The Scheduling module works well for our 25-person veterinary practice where staff work rotating schedules. We can set up templates for each group and quickly deploy and tweak the schedule.

Cons

We tried to integrate with Gusto Payroll to streamline time-sheet reporting. It's a mess, and does not often work. It's really hard to troubleshoot because WhenIWork hides all the integration details. For instance you can not see the mapping of employees and their roles/jobs between the two companies. After a while I realize that it's faster to manually type in all the data since troubleshooting this is so time consuming. Plus you can not get support on the phone!

Response from When I Work

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your honest review of our integrations and support channels. We appreciate the feedback.

The Customer Care team aims to provide exceptional support through our email and chat channels. We would be happy to continue assisting with any issues you are seeing with the Gusto integration. Please chat in with us or submit a ticket.

All the best,
Tim

Bob B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Could not preform my job with out When I Work

Reviewed on 2017-10-13

I work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up on large project, which helps forecasting, cost of labor, project schedule, when we can schedule the next project. On small projects is makes a clear line of communication between the project manager and the field personal, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.

Pros

Create's a standard line of communication between management and field personnel. Also helps the field personal to be prepared for their next task.

Cons

I work on the road a lot. The program is much easier to schedule personal from the desktop than it is from using the app on a device. Although it does not affect me all the time, it would be nice to see an interface on the device that was more similar to the one on the desk top. At least just for scheduling.

Response from When I Work

Hey Bob!

Thanks for writing us a review! I am so glad to hear that When I Work makes communicating with your team easier and helps you be prepared for things that come up throughout the day!

Thank you for the feedback as well in regards to the interface on our app. I would agree - working on a desktop is much easier when building the schedule. Hopefully we can make improvements to our app to aid in making the schedule build easier.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Levi K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

So Helpful

Reviewed on 2019-10-28

Excelent, it is an extremely useful tool, before we had all of our schedules in an excel file and it made it really hard an complicated, but now with 'When I Work' it is all so much easier to understand and pick up and drop shifts.

Pros

I love the functions and ease of picking up shifts and getting to see the schedule for your workplace, the fact that you can see who you are working with and what days. I also love the chat for communication with you co-workers.

Cons

The thing I least liked about the software was that it sometimes lagged, while also can get confusing to see when there is shifts available, but besides that it was a great platform.

Response from When I Work

Hi Levi,

Katie here with Customer Care at When I Work. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad that it's been helpful in seeing who you are working with and in communicating with coworkers.

Our apologies if you are experiencing lagging with the software. We would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to send us an email at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ with details on what you are experiencing, and we'd love to further assist.

Thanks again for the feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Katie

Stephanie M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

When I work Impresses

Reviewed on 2019-01-15

Pros

I like the way this software sends you an email before your shift everyday to remind you about your schedule. This is a good feature for people that don't have a regular work schedule. You can also change the time you get the alert. Originally, I would get a reminder two hours before every shift, I was able to change the reminder to four hours before every shift which worked much better for me.

Cons

My least favorite activity with this software was entering my availability for the coming month. I had no trouble entering in days that I was unavailable or times that I preferred to work. The trouble I had was when I had to enter in time limits on my availability. If I could work on a Tuesday from 3-7 and we were open into 9, I would have to enter 3-7 as my preferred time to work and 7-9 had to be entered as unavailable time. Whenever I had differences in availability on the same day the software was difficult to manage. Eventually, it got easier but I was not popular with the IT people for the first two months.

Response from When I Work

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and provide a review.
We are always striving to make changes that will help managing hourly employees become easier and your details on what you like or don't like are helpful for us to understand what changes we can make moving forward.

If you have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected] so we can assist.

Michaeal M.

This has saved me SO MUCH time in scheduling

Reviewed on 2019-02-12

Overall I am so thankful for this software. It has saved me so much time and effort in scheduling. We have a staff of almost 50 and used to hand write out schedules. Since discovering When I Work a few years back, I have been able to cut my time spent working on schedule down to a 1/4 of the time it used to take and i can write out a month of schedules at one time!

Pros

Easy to use. No need for paper schedules and paper requests. Easy to communicate with my team all at once. Easy to keep track of time off requests to make sure they do not get lost or forgotten. No one can claim they lost their schedule! Easy to enroll new employees and make schedule adjustments! I love that i can also print out hard copies to post in the office for everyone to see. The copy previous week feature is by far my favorite part. Not having to recreate a schedule each week is so nice!

Cons

I wish it was more mobile friendly for when i need to make changes on the go.

Response from When I Work

Hi Michael -

Thank you so much for providing such a great review! We're so happy to hear that using When I Work has saved you time and you've found it easy to use!

Ryne F.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Clocking in with When I Work

Reviewed on 2019-10-24

My overall experience with When I Work is positive. All in all the software works and allows me to check in.

Pros

What I like most about When I Work is that it allows me to quickly and independently clock in to my shifts. I also like that I can easily look back and see previous shifts and request time off.

Cons

What I like least about When I Work is that they have malfunctions where you can't check in to your shift. It seems like WIW's gps tracking is sometimes off.

Response from When I Work

Hi Ryne,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thanks for taking a moment of your day to leave us a review.

We're happy to hear that clocking in for your shifts is made easy with When I Work. I'm sorry to hear that sometimes your device experiences difficulty with the GPS feature. When I Work does not pull GPS location in the background of a device, so a good first troubleshooting step is to toggle the internet off and on again to re-establish a connection, which can help the GPS location update.

If you experience any issues with this feature in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ and we'd be more than happy to help!

Anna

Ciara C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

AMAZING TIME SYSTEM FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS

Reviewed on 2019-09-05

I AM THOROUGHLY PLEASED WITH THIS SOFTWARE! I WAS LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION TO HAVING TO HIRE A SHIFT/GENERAL MANAGER AS I AM A VERY SMALL BUSINESS AND THIS SOFTWARE MADE THAT VERY EASY! I AM ABLE TO CHAT WITH MY EMPLOYEES WHEN LATE, HAVE THEM SWITCH THEIR OWN SHIFTS AMONGST EACH OTHER WITHOUT FORMAL APPROVAL, AND ALSO APPROVE/DENY TIME OFF ALL IN THE SAME AREA/PLATFORM! I KNOW THERE ARE MANY OTHER PLATFORMS LIKE THIS ONE (I'VE TRIED SEVERAL) BUT THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!

Pros

TIME CLOCK VERY EASY TO USE
SENDS TEXT ALERTS TO EMPLOYEES
TIMEOFF/ATTENDANCE/MEETING ADD-ONS ARE LIFESAVERS!

Cons

I WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO BE ABLE TO DO YOUR BOOKS/ACCOUNTING FROM THIS PRODUCT.
NONE OTHER THAN THAT!

Response from When I Work

Hi Ciara -

Thank you so much for sharing all these kind words with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you found our software easy to use and helpful for your business! It's great to hear that features we offer are making it easier for you and your team!

We do integrate with some payroll providers. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can review those options with you!

Again, thank you for sharing this review with us!

Makes Scheduling Simple

Reviewed on 2018-09-19

Overall When I Work has been a great tool for me and I would definitely recommend it to anyone in charge of creating a schedule each week. It will make your job so much easier!

Pros

When I Work makes schedule making so simple. I love the fact that I can just copy over the previous week to the following week rather than starting from scratch each week. It has made scheduling a painless task now. The ability to drag and drop each shift to the appropriate employee is also another great thing about this app.

Cons

I wish there was a way that you can pay to add 1 or 2 employees rather than having to move between tiers. Especially when you need just one more employee but the price increase is very steep.

Response from When I Work

Hello!

Marie here with the Customer Care team. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review!

We love that you are using the scheduling shortcuts of copying a previous week and the drag and drop function. This saves so much time!

I have passed your feedback on to my team regarding the pricing tiers. If you have any more questions or feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Marie

Tyler B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

When I Work Review

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

Pros

Great product for the money. Very easy to use. Mobile app functionality is great. Messaging is very easy to use on both ends.

Cons

The lack of management approval for availability requests is a big con. They allow for time-off requests to be approved, but for a staff member to set their availability without approval is a big downfall. Staff learns that and will take advantage of it. For example, staff member all set themselves as "Not Available" on a major holiday where we are busy and there was nothing I could do about that.

Hot Schedules and others have that feature, while When I Work does not. This is a big enough issue that I am considering a switch.

Response from When I Work

Hi Tyler,

Megan here from the Customer Care Team. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

We're happy to hear that you like the mobile app, messaging, and ease of use of the app.

I'm passing your feedback on our availability feature and how it would greatly benefit your team to have the ability to approve availability. Our team looks over all user suggestions when making decisions on future app enhancements.

If any questions come up please reach out to us at [email protected]

Megan

Richard P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Excellent product and service. I couldn't run my business without it.

Reviewed on 2018-03-05

control of employees working at multiple customer sites

Pros

Easy to set up and use. No upfront costs. Good support, although nothing ever goes wrong. Easy for employees to use. It's also great there is a mobile app, as our employees work at our customers' sites, and not from an office.

Cons

On repeat shifts, it would be useful o not have to set an end date. My shifts run on for years, and the maximum time you can set one for is 1 year. So every year I have to rebuild the shifts, which is time-consuming.

Response from When I Work

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to review our app! We are happy to hear that When I Work is working well for your team and that you are enjoying our mobile app! :)

I can see how it would be helpful to be able to set shifts to repeat for more than one year, so I will pass it along as a suggestion to my team for you. In the meantime, you can go to the last occurrence of the repeating shift and extend the date to repeat for another year instead of recreating the whole schedule.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work

Lindsey B.

When I work Review

Reviewed on 2020-11-30

This has saved a lot of time and money for scheduling. Not having to print paper schedules has saved money of office supplies. Also, staff having direct access to schedule and to make changes has been extremely helpful

Pros

I like that it integrates into an app that is easy for the younger generation to use. I also like being able to color code shifts for ease when looking quickly. I also like the use of multiple schedules for one facilty.

Cons

I do not like that you have 2 steps to make a shift. You have to make a shift template and also the shift. Seems a bit tedious.

Response from When I Work

Hi Lindsey -

Thanks for taking some time to share some feedback and provide a review!

We're happy to hear that our features and the ability to quickly manage your team has been so helpful! Shift Templates should only need to be created once so you may add shifts with just one click in the future. If you're seeing something different, we'd love to look into that with you. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thanks for sharing such an awesome review with us!

Kevin C.

• Customer Support Software

Really easy, streamlined and intuitive

Reviewed on 2017-11-03

Pros

Easy of scheduling. I really like the intuitiveness of the product. The support is very responsive as well.

Cons

Lack of integration with google calendar. This would be an even better way to streamline use. Sometimes, there are bugs too.

Response from When I Work

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for taking time to review the When I Work app!

We are thrilled that you are finding everything to be easy to use and intuitive for the staff. Our Customer Care team is also happy that you find their help to be useful!

We do offer a one-way integration to Google Calendar via the "Dashboard" on the web and through your mobile app. Here's more info: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/syncing-your-schedule-to-a-calendar-app-computer/

Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions on the Google cal integration, and any other questions/feedback. If there are any bugs you notice we also would like to have you alert us as soon as you can so the product can be in top shape for your day-to-day use. We are always here to advise to make sure you can leverage the app to the fullest.

Sasha DeMarre

Sherry O.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

Love this app and would recommend it to any small or larger business with multiple departments. I do feel it can work well for smaller businesses as well since the pricing is based by the number of users.

Pros

My staff find it easy to use and it has saved me time and money. Scheduling is quick and easy. I can get messages out to everyone like snow closings and changes to codes. Easy to set up departments and staff in multiple areas.

Cons

I would like to have the wage budgeting more available by department. So multiple uses can see their individual departments.

Response from When I Work

Hi Sherry -

Adrianne here! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your feedback!

I'm so happy to hear that you're finding it saving you time and money! It's also great to hear that our features help meet your business needs!

If you'd like to look into our different roles for your employees, feel free to submit a ticket here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/

Take care,

James O.

Perfect for Retail Environments

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

Quick and trackable scheduling

Pros

Very easy to use. Drag and Drop scheduling makes adjusting on the fly very quick. Requests for time off and shift changes are all easy to see. And i Love the Dashboard for quick weekly overviews. We also love the "in-app messaging"!

Cons

When we first started using the App, there were a few little things that kinda bugged me, but I've since communicated with the When I Work Team and they've made a lot of changes to the program that make those issues disappear. Customer Support is great.

Response from When I Work

Hi James,

Thank you for your review - this is great feedback! We are glad that you are finding When I Work to be easy to use for quick scheduling and overall communication.

We appreciate your collaboration with our Customer Support team to continue to improve the app. Please keep in touch with us with new feedback and questions - we get better because of what you share.

Thanks again!

Heather K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

WIW Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2019-04-18

I love WIW. The price is amazing for all functionality it provides.

Pros

I love the ease of use. Very user Friendly as an admin & a user. I love the customization & use of colors. Love the mobile app.

Cons

The drop/swap function.

I.E. if an employee requests a drop or swap, I approve it & if I go in and manually move the shift to someone else’s schedule the request will then read an denied. I believe it should read a completed since I manually moved the shift to someone else’s schedule.

Also, I believe there should be clickable links in the shift notes. Yes, they’re clickable in the email confirmation but they should be clickable in the app & desktop shift notes.

Response from When I Work

Hi Heather,

Thanks for leaving such a great and thorough review! Thanks also for providing your feedback. We appreciate valuable suggestions like this!

Terra

• Customer Support Software

Good system but not the most user friendly

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Being able to create our employee schedule and have a time tracking system all in one.

Pros

Being able to have our employee schedule and time tracking software all in one vs. using separate programs. Have had issues with job site and customer support has been amazing with their response time and helpfulness - they have a chat feature for instant support!

Cons

Trying to read the time tracking reports is difficult. It does not tally up the total hours worked in a pay period for each employee, it simply shows you each day they clocked in/out, the times, and the total for that day. Would be great and save me a few minutes if it automatically calculated their time worked for the pay period vs me having to add a row manually and add a calculation.

Response from When I Work

Hi there!

Julia here, with When I Work Customer Care. Thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts! We greatly appreciate your time.

In your comments, you mentioned that you were having a hard time viewing your employees' total hours for a pay period. We're sorry to hear of this and apologize for any frustration this has caused. If you'd like to view an employees' hours for an entire time period instead of just a single day, we'd recommend going to the Attendance page instead of the Time Tracker.

The Attendance page will show you each of your employee's time sheets for any pay period. There is also an option to export this information into an Excel file with multiple filter options.

We'd be happy to walk you through some of the different features available with attendance. Feel free to reach out at [email protected]

Thanks again for taking the time to submit a review!

Julia
-When I Work Team

Alex S.

• Customer Support Software

I love the service that When I Work provides!

Reviewed on 2018-04-28

Easily accessible and a way to keep in communication with all of my staff from just a click of a button.

Pros

The accessibility! I am always on the go so having the notifications and the app right on my phone makes my life so much easier. I also like being able to pull documents such as the requests off as well as being able to send direct messaging to my staff.

Cons

It was hard to get used to at first just because it was a new system. But once I was able to get my questions answered and have some time to train, I thoroughly love this system!

Response from When I Work

Hi Alex,

I'm Marie, from the Customer Care team at When I Work.

Thanks for taking the time to write this awesome review!

We are happy to hear that you are loving the app and that the app and its notifications have made your life so much easier.

I'm glad we were there to answer your questions as you were learning the When I Work software.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Marie

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great software for my small business

Reviewed on 2018-12-09

All of my employees are part time (we are only open on the weekends) and I need to be sure every position is covered on every shift. When I work allows me to label and color code the different positions so I can see at a glance that everything is filled, or not. I love that employees can enter or request their time off, so I don't have to try to remember.

Pros

This software is intuitive and does everything I need it to do and more. My staff likes it as well. You can decide whether your staff can clock in on their mobile device, or if they can only clock in from one device at work. Staff can request time off, switch shifts, and enter their preferred hours. I can export payroll easily.

Cons

It took a bit of time to figure out how to export the right way, but that was probably more my problem than the software's!

Response from When I Work

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind words and an awesome review!

If you ever have questions, feel free to reach us at [email protected]

Regards,

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

So far so good

Reviewed on 2019-09-11

My overall experience is great. It makes it easy to see who has seen the schedule and to make sure you have your time off requests in one place. You can also filter to see employees who are available at certain times to swap shift days and times. You can see who all will be working the day and the week. It is very helpful and will continue to use.

Pros

We have been using this software for a few months now. It it going well I love that you can add your requested time off right in the app and it sends it right away. You can also note your availability days and times which is also great. The app lets you put your shift up to try and get someone to work for you which is great feature!

Cons

You do get a ton of emails so you have to make sure you turn that part off. Also the employee can edit there time and schedule which I don’t like. I think it should only be able to be edited by the poster of the schedule or if your schedule was swapped with another employee. Other than that everything has been very easy to use.

Response from When I Work

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to share this review and feedback with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you're finding our features and accessibility to your schedule at your fingertips so helpful!

We'd be happy to review alert preferences and access levels with you to ensure the correct users on the account have access to edit and those that shouldn't be able to do not have that access. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Thanks,