ApplicantStack

1,390 reviews

Leisa C.

Everything a Recruiter Needs in One Place

Reviewed on 2019-10-15

Applicant tracking and compliance is the number one reason we use ApplicantStack. It is easy to use, and can support multiple users with somewhat cost effective pricing structure. Integration with job boards is a definite plus which saves time and money.

Pros

Easy to use, historical data storage helps companies maintain compliance. Candidate experience is not cumbersome. Customer service is above average with good response times. Cost effective.

Cons

Training could be improved during implementation with more "hands-on" vs. recorded videos. Once software is up and running, training should be expanded and possibly formatted in stages in addition to the helpful snapshots currently provided.

ZipRecruiter

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

The Taleo product we used previously was purchased and implemented by our IT department. HR was not involved in the process so the methodology in set-up was flawed. With the cumbersome nature of Taleo, it was easiest to start from scratch with a more user-friendly and cost effective software.

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Easy to use, easy to train less experienced recruiters. More cost effective that other products.

Response from ApplicantStack

Thank you Leisa!

We do offer weekly webinars. I will let the team know about your comments.

Ranee A.

• Customer Support Software

Been using it for years!

Reviewed on 2021-04-15

I started using ApplicantStack in 2015 at a previous company. I learned the software quickly and had admin capabilities. When I switched to a new job in 2020, we stopped using a similar competitors product so we could implement ApplicantStack. It was seamless and I got everything set up and running in one work day (or less). Everything is point and click and drag/drop as you implement and afterwards. The reporting features are awesome. You could even utilize it as your employee database if you are a smaller company.

Pros

Reporting features
Notes feature
Text messaging feature
Onboarding portal (amazing!)

Cons

I wish you would coordinate payroll features with Gusto!

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Ranee, thank you for leaving such a positive review for ApplicantStack!

Kim W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, great functionality

Reviewed on 2020-12-31

We have used ApplicantStack for about 5 years and it has been very effective in managing thousands of applications.

Pros

Easy to classify and manage a large database of applications. It is also nice that it deploys a job posting to major job boards.

Cons

It is inconvenient that you can't search key words in the application form. Only the resume is searchable.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Cost was the major factor. We needed something that managed a large volume but was cost effective.
Cathy B.

• Customer Support Software

Solid, dependable software, does what we need it to do. Excellent customer service. Thank...

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

Eliminates paper applications, easy to send one email to multiple candidates, easy to use. One of the best decisions we made to improve our Recruiting & Hiring process.

Cons

1) Expensive for multiple users, we have limited our users due to the high cost;
2) Wish there were a better way to capture notes within candidate records that aren't 'buried' in tabs and mouse clicks. Putting notes into the application fields ends up pushing the row size too large. Is there a way to create a sort of "sidebar" for each candidate where the user could put in a lot more text for notes? Also, have a similar "sidebar" on the main screen.
3) Reminders - would like reminders to be sent through the system to the Hiring Managers about their interviews, etc.
4. Wish there were a way to integrate with our payroll software.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Cathy!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. We take feedback very seriously. We also pride ourselves in being one of the most affordable systems available.

You can easily view candidate notes in the History tab. The filters at the top allow you to see only the notes if you prefer.

We do have task reminders. These are emailed to the user and they can easily see their tasks on their own home screen.

Please contact support if you need any further information.

Melissa S.

Stacking the Applicants

Reviewed on 2019-12-13

Overall, I am happy with the software. I think that everything has its faults but ApplicantStack really does make it easier to get information about a large group of applicants rather than me going through Monster or SimplyHired and doing it myself.

Pros

What I enjoy most about ApplicantStack is how much information you can receive on just one applicant and that I am able to email them, put them through to the next stage and can be linked to other software so moving forward in the hiring process is easier. I am also a big fan of our Account Manager. Is always helpful, returns calls quickly and willing to take the time to explain things that are confusing.

Cons

At times I find it hard to use ApplicantStack as I wish it had more features. I have mentioned to our Account Manager that it would be nice to categorize differently or have separate tabs that classify who is in what stage so you don't have to look through a bunch of information. It would also be nice to filter out the duplicates, the ones that were already denied moving forward and such.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Nikita G.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Happy!

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

Pros

Relatively easy to use. No extra bells and whistles that we don't need. The price is GREAT.

Cons

I would like to see the posting location options continue to evolve and develop. I appreciate the changes/updates that have come recently in the area.

Response from SwipeClock

Hi Nikita!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing. You should be able to add as many location options as you need.

Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Good for automating recruitment activities

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

Overall, this is my first time using ApplicantStack with a company, and because it's streamlined with emails,

Pros

Easy to create customized messages for a variety of recruitment needs. Global notes for people who appear as duplicates for applying to multiple roles. Resume upload links that are anchored to candidate application making it easy by simply sending an email with a link to upload resume.

Cons

Cannot open multiple tabs to work on several candidate dashboards. Would love for the make note global feature to be a part of the rejected stage as well. When making changes, it would be great for the change to save itself automatically or instantly after clicking save, theres been instances when we've lost work in progress or waste valuable time to update candidate record. Date/time stamp for document uploads. Customize email notifications for jobs some people aren't a part of.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. I would recommend you contact our support team since some of the issues you are describing require more information in order to troubleshoot. I am not sure I understand why work isn't being saved.

We do record the date and time stamp of document uploads in the history section.

Ettel F.

• Customer Support Software

Positive, flexible, very supportive team behind this product.

Reviewed on 2017-08-17

Pros

The product is really easy to use and is the best ATS I have ever worked with. It's not overly complicated, but there is an amazing team at ApplicantStack that is very willing to work with us on any product enhancements that we'd like to see, or assist with minor projects as needed as well. They know what they are doing and are quick to help. With the ever-changing world of recruitment, I find that the flexibility is key because you never know what may be needed next! They are also always improving items I hadn't even thought of, which is wonderful!

Cons

There is really nothing that I do not like about this software. If I had to pick something I suppose their onboarding piece is not yet very robust so we aren't using it yet, but from our experience with the recruitment piece of it, we know the onboard side of the platform will continue to grow and we will move to it soon.

Response from ApplicantStack

Thank you Ettel! We are so happy to know that you value ApplicantStack. As always, if there are features that you are looking for let us know.

Barbara B.

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Pros

the software is easy to set up and use - - the listings are easy to create and link to recruitment ads. the company has about 35 employees so we are small. Applicant stack does the job - we have excellent record on hiring from our own efforts verses head hunter.

Cons

Its all great actually -- I do not have any issues or suggestions to change much of anything. I use ApplicantStack for keeping resumes on file - -I review old resumes. It would be easier if all resumes had to be in a word document so I would not need to download - I could just attach file to email if I choose to send candidate an email. Otherwise it is fine the way it is.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Barbara!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We are thrilled that you find ApplicantStack easy to use, set up, and use!

You can state that you only want word files. I am not sure I understand why you need to download the file if it were in any other format. Can you please contact support so we can get more information? You should be able to view any resume regardless of the format.

Krista S.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I've been working with App Stack for 2 years and love it.

Reviewed on 2018-05-10

We love the ease of potential applicants being able to complete the application right from home. We no longer have to keep track of paper applications and resumes.
We love the fact that our 20 some pages of onboarding/hired paperwork is right online. App Stack has saved us a lot of time from filing, printing and keeping track of all of the paperwork.
Thank You Applicant Stack for making our lives here at Woodloch easier!

Pros

It is very simple to use. Everything is at my fingertips with a few clicks. I've heard rave reviews from our applicants about the ease of filling out an application and onboarding paperwork.

Cons

I really don't have any cons for Applicant Stack. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to sign back in all the time. Each time an applicant or reference calls, I have to sign in again. But it takes too long for it to figure out that it signed me out and the applicants are on hold on the phone while App Stack is signing me out and then I have to sign back in.. Maybe make the timeframe longer before you sign out users.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Krista!

Thank you for this awesome review about ApplicantStack.

I am forwarding your feedback to our support team. Perhaps they might have a suggestion regarding the login/logout issue you are describing.

Allison B.

• Customer Support Software

Easier than my old paper applications

Reviewed on 2019-12-13

I am pretty new to using ApplicantStack, but it has been an easy way to manage job applications so far. It has overall been a positive experience and has saved me time. As an HR department of one, I had to find something like this to stay on top of my hiring. Their customer service is really good, very helpful and friendly when I have questions. I came into this HR position and the company had used only the same paper application for over 30 years, and applicants would miss a signature or not check yes or no on something. Using ApplicantStack makes sure I get only complete applications, which is really nice.

Pros

It is convenient to have automatic emails sent when an application reaches certain stages, and that was easy to customize. Each stage was easy to customize, and the automatic emails save me a lot of time. I also like the automated job board posting.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly. It is generally pretty good, but I think it could be improved.

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack seemed to be easier to set up and use. The price point was also better, which is important for a non-profit like I work at.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Jessica B.

Applicant tacking software review

Reviewed on 2019-12-13

I have really enjoyed most features like emailing candidates which can save time. The quick stage setting to see where you are in the process. Lead Management report is also a great report that I do not believe other tracking systems have. This report lets you see who has attempted to fill out the application but hasn't completed it fully. Great way to reach out and get possible missed candidates.

Pros

The ApplicantStack software is user friendly, easy to navigate and has multiple features that make tracking streamlined.

Cons

One thing that I found to be a bit more difficult with the software was the re posting of jobs. When we first started up it wasn't really fully explained and took a bit of training to understand the whole process. I wish there was just one button you could press to Re post.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack. I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Maggie L.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Applicant Stack is easy to use and share information with hiring managers.

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Capterra has a nice interface and is easy to use.

Pros

Applicant Stack is well organized and I like how it integrates seamlessly into our website. We also benefit greatly from the job board plug in, specifically with Indeed and this is provided at no additional charge.

Hiring managers are able to easily view candidates, organize what stage they are in and proceed with the recruiting process.

I also find it easy to add positions because of the template library.

Cons

I think the candidate experience could be better. I wish candidates could return to their application and add documents or change information. Once they submit their application, they can't return to it.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Maggie!

If you enable the ability for the candidates to create a username and password, they will be able to log back in and make changes. Please contact support so we can help you with that.

Betsy H.
  • Industry: Food Production

ApplicantStack Review

Reviewed on 2018-10-17

When I started with my current employer they were still doing paper applications. There were filing cabinets full of applications, spreadsheets tracking applicants for EEO reporting, all of that disappeared and we now have an easily accessible system with ApplicantStack.

ApplicantStack is continuously coming up with new ideas and products that are above any other program I have looked at.

Since starting with my company 3 1/2 years ago we now have two other manufacturing facilities that are using ApplicantStack. It's a hit with us!

Pros

Ease of use, and very fast transition for an easy / fast start-up.

Cons

The EEO reporting wasn't capable of letting me put in a range of dates so I had to ask for technical support. Technical support was very fast at getting me what I needed.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Betsy!

Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

I am glad to hear that our technical support team was able to resolve your issue.

Rebecca L.

Awesome Innovative Software

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

Pros

They have great customer service to our network. When they put out improvements, they are features we actually want to use (i.e. onboarding paperwork being run through their system and the ability to text applicants from the system). It integrates well with the major job boards we are interested in posting on. Overall, it helps us manage a steady flow of applicants and know quickly and easily who is where in the pipeline.

Cons

Applicants may apply with a different email address and those new applications do not show as duplicates on their profile. It would be nice to be able to mark new applications as duplicates from the same person.

Jennifer l B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

ApplicantStack has streamlined our totally manual applicant process. It really is very easy to use. I spent a half hour on the phone training and have been able to customize and figure it out without much stress. We don't use all the features like the workflows and review processes just because our managers don't want to use it...they like the old fashioned way of paper. The reporting is great. We used to keep a spreadsheet with all the required data and do manual reports...no more.

Pros

I like the Library feature that allows you to save all of your forms to use as templates for job descriptions, questionnaires, email responses. You do not have to recreate everything every time. It allows you to customize nearly everything an applicant sees.

Cons

I've had some difficulty editing and customizing the actual application. It comes with a default that won't let you make any changes or clone it to customize. Some of the issue may be the fact that someone in my organization touched it first and now I can't undo what they did.

I'm not real sure about their customer service in that I've asked a few questions and didn't get a quick or clear response. They have a lot of online utube how to videos, but not sure there are real people to talk to.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Jennifer!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I went ahead and submitted a support ticket on your behalf regarding not being able to edit the application. I did not see any previous ticket created by you.
We are real people and am very interested in assisting all of our customers. We take support VERY seriously.

Excellent ATS

Reviewed on 2018-10-24

Appstack has allowed us to scale our company with internal and external recruiting practices with ease and automation!

Pros

AppStack (as its affectionately called in our organization) goes a step further than most ATS tools in the market these days - they include resume parsing for scoring keywords!

Cons

It is difficult to tell that a job posted successfully to a job board. Sometimes a job is launched successfully, but never makes it's way to the intended job boards, for various reasons, but it would be great if that issue were more transparent in AppStack.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

Unfortunately, it is up to the third party job boards to allow your jobs to post. We submit the feed for all jobs but ultimately it is there decision. We include that disclaimer on the job board section.

Tasha J.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

Great customer service. The system is a great option for our business which includes multiple locations and multiple managers across different states. And the price of the package is much more reasonable than other systems, some being 10x's the price.

After implementing a new payroll system, we almost converted to their coordinating system, which was much more expensive. But after evaluating the features of both, ApplicantStack offered better functionality.

Pros

Ease of use and very affordable. Prompt and friendly customer support.

Cons

Would like better reporting features. Also, better design options for the landing page.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Tasha!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

We recently updated the reporting tool to allow for easy drag and drop functionality. If you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team. We are here to help!

Lisa F.

• Customer Support Software

Great resource! A game changer for our business!

Reviewed on 2016-04-07

Pros

This product is easy to use and easy to train best practices. Working with the reps at ApplicantStack has been nothing but a great experience. They are very responsive, fair, eager to help and always solution oriented. The system has done so much for making our hiring process and reporting data more efficient and valuable across our network.

Cons

I honestly cannot say that there is anything that I don't like about this product or working with this company. They are very proactive and solution oriented. If something doesn't work, they provide excellent service in a timely manner to fix or resolve the issue or explain it in further detail. If we want something done differently, they really do try to find a solution that will work for what we want to accomplish.

Mather P.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Great Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for the price!

Reviewed on 2018-05-24

Pros

ApplicantStack offers all the functions that we need for a small business, at a budget that is affordable. It allows us to communicate with candidates via multiple sources and maintain a single record of dialogue. Recruiters are able to easily assign candidates to hiring managers while tracking progress throughout the recruiting lifecycle.
The job posting function allows us to widely distribute openings efficiently.

Cons

1) Some of the steps needed to make updates to our configuration can be cumbersome, but this is not a major issue, as these adjustments are infrequent (less than once a month).
2) The resume parsing feature does not always accurately capture information that other (more expensive) systems tend to get correct. This is not a major issue, as I can manually adjust the inputs.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Mather!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our development team.

If you ever need any assistance in making a change to your configuration, please contact support so we can help you.

Anna T.

Applicant Stack User Review

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

ApplicantStack is a one stop shop for my hiring needs and I like being able to send the onboarding paperwork to the applicants that I hire.

Pros

I like the ability to post our current job listings on several different sites through ApplicantStack and then get applications sent directly to me from those postings.

Cons

It logs me out too frequently. I also would like to be able to delete older emails and I have not figured out how to do that. One other thing I would like to do is to be able to select and print all of my onboarding paperwork at once instead of individually.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

• Industry: Higher Education Software

Hiring Organization Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

ApplicantStack allows you to organize your candidates efficiently. I don't have experience with other like software, but I have been please with the results thus far.

Pros

I like that it gives me an organized view of not only my candidates, but what stage I have them in the process.

Cons

When doing reviews of multiple candidates, I have to usually go back to the home button the restart from the stage I was viewing instead of just going back to the list of that stage of candidates. I wish there was an automatic pop up menu for when I click on a name of a candidate instead of the browser page advancing. This would save time and energy.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

From what you are describing, I want to point out that if you are viewing a bunch of candidates in a particular stage (and/or job), there are arrows at the top of your screen that can advance to the next candidate in the list, go to previous candidate, or even to return to list. I think that might resolve the issue you are describing. If not, please contact support. We are here to help!

Maureen P.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Software Review

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

We are able to have all our adjusters contact information in one centralized location. Also the adjuster can update their information when they want. Both of these features allows us to quickly search for adjusters with specific experience as our needs arise.

Pros

Able to customize the application to match our needs.

Cons

Unable to search on a partial name or probable name. You have to enter the complete name.

Response from SwipeClock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

Please contact support so we can assist you with the issue you described. I want to point out that you have several search options. The one at the top of the page is for part of the candidate name but there is also an advanced search option in the right side menu bar where you can add a more advanced searched.

Tom T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use email but needs more search options

Reviewed on 2018-09-06

It is a source of candidates to email to on a regular basis new opportunities for them. It is generating 5+ valid candidates for me week as an individual recruiter.

Pros

Able to create basic HTML emails and send to a selected group.

Cons

The employment record does not sort by date and show gaps like TenStreet does for the trucking industry.
I would like to search using multiple zip codes at one time and limit the selection by excluding criteria found in other fields such as Stage, License Class, Status Description, and Approval Status.
I would like more HTML formatting options such as font size when creating emails.

Response from ApplicantStack

Thank you Tom! We appreciate the feedback and I will forward your comments to our development team.

Rebecca G.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018-10-17

I was a bit hesitant to go digital with our hiring process, but once we made the switch, I can't imagine going back. Tech support has always been friendly and accommodating, quick to get back with me when I have questions.

Pros

ApplicantStack keeps our hiring process streamlined. We no longer have to dig through piles or files to find relevant information about prospective employees. All our hiring paperwork is digital, from application to orientation materials.

Cons

I suppose the forms can be a bit tedious to create at times, but this isn't something you have to do often enough for it to be a problem.

Response from ApplicantStack

Hi Rebecca!