Kayako

158 Software options

Amani I.

Kayako - Can be better!

Reviewed on 2018-10-25

I have been using Kayako for more than five years. This has been the software we use for all internal and client communication. As mentioned earlier it is a simple tool which takes only a few times to practice, thereafter you get the hang of it. However after using other email softwares, Kayako's limitations regarding formatting, inserting images and capturing the entire thread has always been a hassle for me. Additionally we are only given admin rights to our own teams. If a ticket generated by me is moved to an internal team I do not have access for, I cannot view the updates on the ticket.

Pros

Kayako helps me organize my tickets into as many folders I want, thus making me work on those tickets conveniently and effectively. If I am an admin or have admin access to my staff folders I can also access all of their folders to get an update on tickets. It's easy to learn and use. I love the reports feature on Kayako. We can create as many reports we want and automate them. The follow ups feature is also great to keep track of pending tasks and serves as good reminder.

Cons

There are a few issues I encountered as I worked on Kayako. Kayako doesn't allow us format the font or content, so underlining, italicizing etc is not possible in an email. We cannot include images, charts or graphs in the body of the email. When you hit reply on a ticket, the original email thread is not included. So if you need to know the previous conversation, we need to copy and paste the email.

Christopher B.

• Customer Support Software

Support makes the difference when comparing this to other competitors

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

Kayako helps keep all of our customer communication centralized into a single support suite. It allows our customers to engage more frequently with self-serve help (knowledgebase), chat, and email. Kayako makes it easier for our staff to troubleshoot and resolve any issues.

Pros

The new interface is very modern and much more exciting than the other interface. It is much faster and friendlier to use. The support is available for questions and bugs, whereas some competitors do not offer support of implementation. The price of the software is a little steep when comparing it to competitors that offer more, but being a Kayako customer for 10+ years on a perpetual license granted us a pretty steep discount that made the pricing make more sense for us.

Cons

I wish they had more features such as ability to get more customer feedback which would help our product development. There are other software similar to Kayako that have a feedback component that allow users to voice their "opinions" and then other users can vote on that. I would like to see this in Kayako and have been asking for about 10 years now.

Good choice although there are some problems.

Reviewed on 2018-08-22

There are so many helpdesk systems, Kayako has been our selected one, but we are still looking for better choice.

Pros

1- Beautiful user interface.
2- It Supports all activities in a helpdesk process.
3-14 days free trial
4-Good localization, so you can add your own translations to (just) on-premise version

Cons

1- When you are Kayako admin and at the same time one of the staffs (Agent), you have to switch so many times between Admin / Staff panel to do your tasks. sometimes it makes me confused because knowing which setting is in admin panel and which one is in staff(Agent) panel sometimes is difficult.
2-I can say that Kayako is designed for too many clients for a limited number of services. If you have too many services each of them assigned to a client, Using Kayako would be difficult (But Possible). for example, you have to set permissions for widgets separately.
3-Kayako is not suitable for small teams. it requires a lot of time and effort for setting up.
4-Kayako integration and API's are limited. We couldn't integrate Kayako with our Self-Built project management and timesheet system.
5- Localization in cloud version doesn't work very well. We couldn't use Arabic in cloud version

Mark L.

• Customer Support Software

The overall experience was ok. It gets the job done. But through the years we ran into some...

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Pros

It brings most, if not all functionality we need. The company still provides an on-premise version of the product. Support has reasonable reaction times, also they most only provide workarounds instead of solid fixes and solutions.

Cons

Kayako feels out-dated all along. After two years of the 7.0 php release it still is not even fully compatible with any php 7.x release and up to today relies on the out-dated php 5.x versions. There are many other issues like the HTML-Mailparsing which have not been fixed completely in years now. Also we know Outlook 20xx do not create great HTML-mails still a lot of customers are using it and it is one the most spread applications in companies. But still the emails are not parsed correctly through Kayako. This should definitely have more priority. The forum is full of long threads and requests about this topic. Many people were upset, because resources were spent on creating a new webinterface instead of fixing basic functionality. Maybe customers should be involved in creating the roadmap for the product or at least help prioritizing issues.

Longtime User

Reviewed on 2018-11-24

Excellent support system, Kayako assists us with providing great online help desk support via ticket logs and live chat to our clients.

Pros

I like how effective Kayako's support team is. They reply in a timely manner to help fix the issues at hand. I also enjoy how easy it is to use, and allows for employees to stay on top of logged faults, tasks and other items within the system while providing detailed updates to keep the customers in the loop. Kayako has been our main helpdesk software for the past 7 years.

Cons

There is not too much I don't like about Kayako, I believe their live chat incorporation to websites could use some work. It would also be perfect if they can link it to CRM as we currently have to use these separately.

Nivas N.

• Customer Support Software

Kayako service desk tool is one of the best service desk which am using since 2 years in...

Reviewed on 2018-06-14

Meeting SLA's in service delivery
MIS reports
Email to incidence with unique identity number
Tickets History

Pros

User friendly and easy to access the reports and MIS using Kayako tool
Incidence reviews and history gathering is very useful
comparing any other current tools like freshdesk,everest .. etc, this is the best and cost effective tool.

Cons

queries that needs to be written to get any customized report in the tool
Duplication of incidence where it doesnt consider FW/RE in email to incidence case
incidence reopen

Amit G.

Good software for Support Desk purpose

Reviewed on 2018-08-02

Overall experience is good. We got their support every team of their teams. On cost side they need to think through from customer perspective.

Pros

Overall this software gives satisfaction in customer support and ticket handling. It is increasing new features day by day with new UI elements also. Its whitelabelling feature is also very good. Email parsing is also customisable which is also good one. The Knowledgebase and Troubleshooter feature also works well. Support agent can be equipped with Chat facility. Kayako have good support team which is available 24*7 which makes easy for us to implement and use this software

Cons

- This software legs on HTML email parsing side which can be improved.
- On pricing part, they are charging on higher side and they needs to be competitive.

Josh D.

• Customer Support Software

Kyako has been a great business changer from our Previous Software

Reviewed on 2018-06-13

With this software, we were no longer jumping back and forth dealing with different programs to respond to our customers. It has been great to instantly chat with our customers, respond via tickets or emails in a matter of a few seconds.

Pros

What We love about Kayako is the chat engagements we can initiate with customers who visit our website. With the help center, customers can view our help center articles, submit tickets or reach out to us via chat. The functionality of Kayako keeps us organized and able to respond to our customers in a timely manner.

Cons

A couple of things need improvement but not so much as a con. The reporting aspects of the software could be a little bit simplified. Reporting of Chat engagements and possible integration with Google Analytics would be fantastic.

Christina A.

• Customer Support Software

easy to use, convenient and practical. How ever they could really work on their customer...

Reviewed on 2018-06-15

Pros

It makes it easy for clients to come in contact with us. It is also great that they can leave an offline chat and we can get back to them after the weekend or when we are back in office the following day.

Cons

no cons about the software but its not cool to wait a week for a email from customer support that is less than helpful.

Henrik H.

easy to use, flexible

Reviewed on 2018-04-18

overview of support tickets, staffmembers and ongoing tasks at customers

Pros

installation On premiss.
lightning fast ticket handling for staff members and servicedesk.
Ticket handling / email integration works smooth and simple

Cons

missing bits and pieces in API and datamodel.
integration of the custom fields created on Ticket / timetrack/Billing

Owen R.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Kayako has made our jobs far easier and our service users so much more satisfied.

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Pros

Being able to manage incoming emails as tasks that can be assigned to people and then easily marked as complete when done has allowed us to work faster and more efficiently.

Cons

Some of the options could be easier to use. I think that macros, templates and automated replies could be more user-friendly.

Amy E.
  • Industry: Events Services

600% Price Increase Out of Nowhere

Reviewed on 2021-02-18

Pros

I have used kayako as a knowledge base for my software. I have integrated pages into my software and spent development dollars in doing so, and written hundreds of articles for the knowledge base. A few days ago I received an email from kayako requesting that I contact them about my renewal. When I did, they informed me they would be increasing their pricing by 600% for this year, and an additional 25% each year thereafter. I was shocked, and asked for clarification, explaining that I am a small company that is in the events industry - I have been shut down due to events being shut down because of the pandemic. Even in normal circumstances, I wouldn't be able to afford that ridiculous price increase. They informed me they would be cancelling my service. I have spent hundreds of hours creating these knowledge base articles, thinking I would be using these for years to come - now I have to spend development dollars to integrate a new knowledge base into my software, and re-do all of the articles on a new platform. Very dishonest business practices - untrustworthy services - and costing the client time and money.

Cons

Raising prices by 600% out of nowhere, causing my small business to have to move to another platform, after spending time and money.

Ernëst O.

• Customer Support Software

The new enhancements to speed up ticket viewing and responses is amazing!

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

Pros

The software appears like since the design has been made more minimal.
The speed of updates and changes to a ticket is fantastic

Cons

Upgrades are always a pain, but it seems it's optimized as best as can be possible.
Other than that, there really isn't much to complain about

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy and Concise

Reviewed on 2018-06-13

Pros

I have used the software between old and new versions. Kayako allows for a lot of reporting that other software doesn't allow.

Cons

The reporting is difficult to get correct with the new software. I'd like more options for the kql query type we had before.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Very good experience

Reviewed on 2018-06-26

Pros

Value for money, we've been using Kayako for years now and it works perfect with high volume of mails.

Cons

Keeping the software up to date, it takes us time to upgrade and go offline for a few moments. But that's also on us, cause we host it ourselves.

Cairn E.

Great support platform.

Reviewed on 2018-06-13

Pros

We like the ease of use, flexible and customisable reports. These are paramount for supporting our customers.

Cons

The cost is a little high for our budget. Also, the design interface is becoming a little dated for our clients.

Brandon L.

• Customer Support Software

Kayako has without a doubt improved our customer service and efficiency.

Reviewed on 2015-02-23

Pros

Before Kayako, we managed all of our "issue tickets" in a Gmail box that multiple people signed into. It was so hard to keep track of who handled what? Now, everything gets attention, and nothing slips through the cracks!

Also, whenever I do have a question, which is rare, the IT support team is always easy to work with.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike comes from the fact that we use the software as kind of a "work around" rather than a traditional Help Desk. So, some things require a couple more clicks than I'd prefer, but that's just being nit picky.

Radoslav B.

Kayako Review

Reviewed on 2019-08-04

I have been using it for support purposes of the software that I and my team were developing. It is cool and we organized our tickets very easily. Everything was organized by departments and everyone could see his or her own tickets. I think it is a cool tool for supporting purposes.

Pros

1. There is Live Chat - you can chat with your clients any time you want and keep in touch for any kind of problems they have.
2. You can easily manage your tickets.
3. You can organize your tickets to come to different departures.
4. You have a history log of all your tickets and communications on them.
5. The app is cool for its price.

Cons

For my purposes, I have no cons to say about this software. I feel good to use it and there were no problems for me.

Jorge R.

Powerful tool to use

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Pros

I like the ability of having multiple conversations attached and keep track of the old conversations.

Cons

I am not able to insert BCC or CC in the beginning, having myself to compose singl e-mails or forward.

• Customer Support Software

Its quick, easy to understand and one of the most reliable application i have come across so...

Reviewed on 2018-06-22

Its good

Pros

It's really easy to understand and implement on any platform. There are a couple of features like Tagging a user(In case we need to highlight especially with critical cases) also the interface is really cool and clam its very simple to make a new user to understand the functions.

Cons

The user has to enter his name and email address to start the chat. In case the user enters a wrong email address or misses a word while entering the email address, it becomes difficult to get back to him. (Incase we dont reply on time)
What we can do is once the user starts chatting, he should get a confirmation email. In case the email is incorrect the user should be informed about the same.

• Customer Support Software

Kayako is a great platform, but needs to evolve on UI/UX and differentiate between chats &...

Reviewed on 2018-06-15

Pros

- Great help center - one of the best
- Good article search
- Innovative customization in the messenger

Cons

- Not easy to set up integrations
- Chats & emails are hard to differentiate between
- User interface/user experience for agents & admins could use improvement

Corey W.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

I appreciate the value and feature combination. And it keeps getting better.

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Pros

What drew us in was that help desk and customer messaging were included together. This was important for us. The pricing was reasonable compared to other available options.

Cons

Not as intuitive to new users. Requires a bit of training to help my team understand how it works. Another area is that there are not many direct integrations available. Kayako utilizes Zapier for a lot of this, which is not ideal for our company. We'd rather have direct, tested integrations that do not require us to seek other service providers (and additions fees).

Johnc_uk

Fully featured helpdesk and live support system

Reviewed on 2014-02-05

We use Kayako mainly for ticket management within our organisation to support internal users, it was very important to use that our helpdesk software was able to link into our Active directory environment so we could link our users to the helpdesk. Kayako was able to do this using the loginshare functionality. Having used it now for over 6 months, we have found the software to be fully features with the ability to configure what should happen in any given circumstance. It has saved us countless support hours by helping us to manage and organise our support staff and internal resources.

Pros

Very robust ticket management, with automated responses, canned replies, knowledgebase, workflows, SLA management, advanced searching, filters and views, custom fields.

Cons

It is a little bit fiddly to get setup, as there is a wealth of options within the admin CP and its takes quite a lot of time to figure out where everything is.

Edward R.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Easy to install and maintain, this is truly easy to use.

Pros

The embedded live chat looks great and very easy to use because visitors click the chat icon, start a chat, and are immediately prompted.

Cons

Sometimes attaching a file can be difficult, and receiving email attachments yet limit for sizes 10 Mb or lower.

Mary C.

• Customer Support Software

I use Kayako everyday for work and it's very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018-07-03

I like having a huge running log of customer interactions so we know what our trends are. We usually use this to build our website's FAQ.

Pros

I like the "other conversations" function where I can see our previous conversations with customers. It really helps me prepare to handle whatever they may throw at me!

Cons

I wish that it was easier to find tags, like maybe a separate search field for tags? I think it would be easier to sort conversations this way.